PDA

View Full Version : Lennons body language

California-Hibs
01-12-2018, 03:20 PM
The powers just went out at Killie and the Hibs tv cameras have went to him multiple times and he just looks fed up and not interested and its not the first time in recent weeks

I'd be gutted if we lost Lennon and he walks. Someones put his win ratio up before and it speaks for itself. Top manager for Hibs and we'll be far worse off without him if it gets to that.

Hope he turns it around big time and gets the enthusiasm back!

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 03:29 PM
The powers just went out at Killie and the Hibs tv cameras have went to him multiple times and he just looks fed up and not interested and its not the first time in recent weeks

I'd be gutted if we lost Lennon and he walks. Someones put his win ratio up before and it speaks for itself. Top manager for Hibs and we'll be far worse off without him if it gets to that.

Agreed, but he must get good results. He has made it more difficult for himself with the team he put out today.

Weegreenman
01-12-2018, 03:32 PM

The big big test for Lennon was bringing a balance into our midfield, he’s failed miserably. Nobody can argue with that. The fans will start to vote with their feet if it doesn’t improve. He’s a manager under pressure. January is absolutely crucial.

Col2
01-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Club big than any manager or player.

If he doesn’t want to be here then he should just go.

ShetlandHibby
01-12-2018, 03:39 PM
He doesn’t seem interested. I reckon the ****bo fans constant attacks have taken its toll

supermcginn
01-12-2018, 03:45 PM

Nobodys bigger than the club. If he wants to leave then let him go.

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM

If he doesn’t want to be here then he should just go.I agree and to me it's looking increasingly likely he doesn't want to be here...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM

If he doesn’t want to be here then he should just go.

The decision might be taken taken out of his hands at this rate. Never quite understood the Neil Lennon love in anyhow. I couldn’t stand him as a player and manager at Celtic but I’ve backed him as Hibs manager. His will to win and his attacking formations are something I’ve really enjoyed but sadly we don’t have the players to employ those tactics anymore. He’s been quoted more than once as saying he could well walk away from the club and he’s just gave a very negative interview stating we could well have hit a glass ceiling. Now he may well be trying to send a message to the board? I’ve no idea but the message it sends me as a season ticket holder is one that he really isn’t very happy in his job. So why not just go now?

Beefster
01-12-2018, 03:50 PM
I’m getting bored with Hibs supporters using any old thing to dig at the manager. By all means, criticise his footballing decisions, results etc but this bull**** about picking apart his utterances, tone, body language and so on is pathetic.

California-Hibs
01-12-2018, 03:51 PM
I agree no manager or player is ever bigger than the club, but I don't like the casual-like manner in which some say he can 'just go'. The facts are there, he's the best manager we've had in years. His win percentage is fantastic. The memories of the Calderwoods, Butchers etc still haven't totally gone..

Weegreenman
01-12-2018, 04:05 PM
I’m getting bored with Hibs supporters using any old thing to dig at the manager. By all means, criticise his footballing decisions, results etc but this bull**** about picking apart his utterances, tone, body language and so on is pathetic.

Why is it pathetic? It’s a very valid observation and one that going by some of the responses seems a perfectly good point to have a discussion on a fans forum.

Waxy
01-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Time to regroup. We need a good January transfer window.

heretoday
01-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Peevish Lennon. Not good.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Time to regroup. We need a good January transfer window.

The evidence from previous windows would suggest that won’t happen.

AgentDaleCooper
01-12-2018, 04:23 PM
The evidence from previous windows would suggest that won’t happen.

Tbf, that is the opposite of reality. Last season's winter window was majestic.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Tbf, that is the opposite of reality. Last season's winter window was majestic.

1 good window out of 5. That’s the reality.

Beefster
01-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Why is it pathetic? It’s a very valid observation and one that going by some of the responses seems a perfectly good point to have a discussion on a fans forum.

It’s pathetic because it’s generally posted by folk who know the square root of **** all about linguistics or body language. Or continually battling depression, for that matter (of which I’m as clueless as most folk but then I’m not pseudo-analysing someone).

BullsCloseHibs
Maybe a change would be best (?)

Diclonius
Lennon's not been right since the derby nonsense. If this is how it's going to be he needs to decide if he really wants to be here.

The Green Goblin
01-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Lennon's not been right since the derby nonsense. If this is how it's going to be he needs to decide if he really wants to be here.

Maybe...either way I hope he has also been given the right level of support in the face of all that ‘nonsense’ by the club.

hibbydog
01-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Ok then. I’ll say it....

Lennon should go.

Everyone’s allowed a sticky patch but he needs to shut up about glass ceilings and considering his position etc.

Hardly motivation for the players and it’s no coincidence that our slump has coincided with him telling everyone he can’t be arsed

Beefster
01-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Ok then. I’ll say it....

Lennon should go.

Everyone’s allowed a sticky patch but he needs to shut up about glass ceilings and considering his position etc.

Hardly motivation for the players and it’s no coincidence that our slump has coincided with him telling everyone he can’t be arsed

When did he say that?

bingo70
01-12-2018, 04:32 PM

We’re just drifting along just now. It’s just a case of who makes the first move.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
I posted similar on the other thread. Im not convinced his heart's in it.

I've had enough and wish he'd just pack it in.

HibeeHibernian4
01-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Does it? Amassed as many points as Stubbs did in a far easier Championship and we haven't looked like having a sniff of any success in the cups compared to Stubbs' side either. I'm not advocating for a return to Stubbs, but Lennon's win ratio is hardly glowing compared to what we had before. He avoids defeat more than Stubbs did, I'll grant you that.

Allez Hibs
01-12-2018, 04:35 PM
It's now time for a change. Fed up with him behaving like he is bigger than Hibs. Glass ceiling statements simply are not on or whats the point in being a club.

eastmainsmsh
01-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Stubbsy come home

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Does it? Amassed as many points as Stubbs did in a far easier Championship and we haven't looked like having a sniff of any success in the cups compared to Stubbs' side either. I'm not advocating for a return to Stubbs, but Lennon's win ratio is hardly glowing compared to what we had before. He avoids defeat more than Stubbs did, I'll grant you that.He did avoid defeats...not in the last 2 month's tho we have been brutal and that's no exaggeration...

He had a good season last year but now the cream of the Stubbs crop has left we look a poor bottom 6 side...

He is to blame nobody else - he brought in plenty players in the summer who just aren't cutting the mustard at all

We simply must win on weds or time is running out for him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
01-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Few low posters calling for Lennon to go......Hmmmm

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Does it? Amassed as many points as Stubbs did in a far easier Championship and we haven't looked like having a sniff of any success in the cups compared to Stubbs' side either. I'm not advocating for a return to Stubbs, but Lennon's win ratio is hardly glowing compared to what we had before. He avoids defeat more than Stubbs did, I'll grant you that.

To be fair, we did get a record number of points last season.

We seem to have gone backwards though and some of his excuses are just bizarre.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 04:39 PM

Really? Aye, right.

houstonhibbee
01-12-2018, 04:39 PM
It's now time for a change. Fed up with him behaving like he is bigger than Hibs. Glass ceiling statements simply are not on or whats the point in being a club.
He didn’t make a glass ceiling statement. Did you even listen to the interview? He was asked if he thought hibs had reached a glass ceiling and he said possibly.

EH54
01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
He didn't even have a good season. We had a good second half of a season. We were brilliant to watch best football I've seen us play in years. But he set that standard he had to try maintain it and has failed miserably. Think he just got lucky in January tbh. If we never had scott bain we wouldn't have managed to get Allan who was key to it all. Seems to just be throwing games now.

Beefster
01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
He didn’t make a glass ceiling statement. Did you even listen to the interview? He was asked if he thought hibs had reached a glass ceiling and he said possibly.

When did actual facts and context matter?

Famous Fiver
01-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Bed wetters out in force by the look of things.

I am a proud happy clapper and, in my opinion, Neil Lennon is by far the best option for us going forward.

Some people on here need to be careful in what they wish for, in my opinion.

I just hope he does not read some of the hysteria on here and decide it's not worth the bile directed towards him.

Stay as long as you like, Neil.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Bed wetters out in force by the look of things.

I am a proud happy clapper and, in my opinion, Neil Lennon is by far the best option for us going forward.

Some people on here need to be careful in what they wish for, in my opinion.

I just hope he does not read some of the hysteria on here and decide it's not worth the bile directed towards him.

Stay as long as you like, Neil.

Bed wetters, classic.

As for bile it’s safe to say that’s much more of an over reaction than peoples reaction to our recent form.

BH Hibs
01-12-2018, 04:46 PM
There’s a fair few on here I’d hate to have with me in the trenches.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 04:53 PM
He didn't even have a good season. We had a good second half of a season. We were brilliant to watch best football I've seen us play in years. But he set that standard he had to try maintain it and has failed miserably. Think he just got lucky in January tbh. If we never had scott bain we wouldn't have managed to get Allan who was key to it all. Seems to just be throwing games now.

Would you care to elaborate on this?

hibbydog
01-12-2018, 04:53 PM
When did he say that?

Last two times we’ve been to Tynecastle. I’ll admit he didn’t use those words, but it’s how everyone interpreted what he said.

He’d be better keeping these thoughts to himself. Undermines the club and demotivates the players. Not good enough for a hibs manager.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 04:54 PM
There’s a fair few on here I’d hate to have with me in the trenches.

Literally the phrase that has gone through my mind on a number of occasions in recent weeks.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 04:55 PM
He doesn’t seem interested. I reckon the ****bo fans constant attacks have taken its toll

Hmmm....an extremely low post count and then a dramatic statement with a Jambo reference in it!!
:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Beefster
01-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Last two times we’ve been to Tynecastle. I’ll admit he didn’t use those words, but it’s how everyone interpreted what he said.

He’d be better keeping these thoughts to himself. Undermines the club and demotivates the players. Not good enough for a hibs manager.

Not everyone.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 05:00 PM

So are you saying he agreed?

He's made a number of comments recently that basically bellitle the club and players... however eloquently he made those statements.

BoomtownHibees
01-12-2018, 05:01 PM
So are you saying he agreed?

He's made a number of comments recently that basically bellitle the club and players... however eloquently he made those statements.

Correct. The “team of rejects” may be the one that started it all off, regardless of what “context” it was said in

hibsbollah
01-12-2018, 05:02 PM

:agree: Far too much comment is passed on perceived poor body language, as if it's some sort of mystic pseudo science. At meetings, in social situations, it's very revealing. But in sport, it tells you absolutely nothing in 99% of situations. Chris Waddles body language was like a boy that had just been scolded by his mum and lost his keys, and then he would go and do something magnificent and joyful.

I just saw Lennon looking piased off.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Lennons eyes Lit up when the Lights went out, eye language

hibbydog
01-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Not everyone.

Care to tell me how else you could interpret it?

A Hi-Bee
01-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Literally the phrase that has gone through my mind on a number of occasions in recent weeks.

Just as well its only a game of fitba eh! no something more serious.

Beefster
01-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Care to tell me how else you could interpret it?

Tell me which two statements that you’re referring to and I’ll tell you how I interpret it. Until then, all I can tell you is that not ‘everyone’ interpreted whatever he said as ‘I can’t be arsed’.

ShetlandHibby
01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Hmmm....an extremely low post count and then a dramatic statement with a Jambo reference in it!!

And??

Low post count so I can’t comment? Jambo reference, a negative one st that.

Is it absurd to think that the continual attacks he has suffered have got to him.

Waxy
The Jambos would love Lennon to go.

Speedway
At one point the camera showed him saying to Eddie May,

‘I hate Hibs and like Hearts, they’ve got a bigger support spend more money and won a world war.’

Parker was seen to reply:

‘Yeah it’s hard to know who the bigger imposter is, Dave Gray, Franck Sauzee or Pat Stanton’

Then Lennon clearly said

‘I’d give my right nut to have Christophe Berra in our forward line’

True story.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:15 PM
.net is going to need a resident psychologist pretty soon, if it doesn't already.

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:18 PM

I don't have a low post count and I want him to go. We need to act before it is too late and we are in a massive freefall situation - AGAIN.

HibeeHibernian4
01-12-2018, 05:18 PM
To be fair, we did get a record number of points last season.

We seem to have gone backwards though and some of his excuses are just bizarre.

I'm not trying to discredit him even though the next sentence I'm going to write will look like I'm doing exactly that. With that midfield three of Allan, McGeouch and McGinn (only of whom he signed and that was a re-signing of a Stubbs signing), finishing lower or with fewer points last season would've been pretty poor.

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:19 PM

Check his previous :greengrin

Callum_62
01-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Ok then. I’ll say it....

Lennon should go.

Everyone’s allowed a sticky patch but he needs to shut up about glass ceilings

You obviously didnt listen to that interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbydog
01-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Tell me which two statements that you’re referring to and I’ll tell you how I interpret it. Until then, all I can tell you is that not ‘everyone’ interpreted whatever he said as ‘I can’t be arsed’.

Ok

‘I’ll have to consider my position’ following poor performances and results at Tynecastle. Twice.

I’m all ears....

EH54
01-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Would you care to elaborate on this?

You just need to look at his team selections and his substitutions. A blind man would pick a better side.

Real Emerald
01-12-2018, 05:26 PM
You obviously didnt listen to that interview

He actually said it again today when interveiwed on the radio. When asked about the glass ceiling comments he said that a club like Hibs can only really be expected to have a top four finish and it will take time to rebuild, or words to that effect. Why can he not have said a club like Hibs should always be aiming for a top four finish. Rebuilding should have been planned for long before our midfield was lost. His comments are defeatist and not what I as a Hibs fan expects from our manager.

Callum_62
01-12-2018, 05:30 PM
He actually said it again today when interveiwed on the radio. When asked about the glass ceiling comments he said that a club like Hibs can only really be expected to have a top four finish and it will take time to rebuild, or words to that effect. Why can he not have said a club like Hibs should always be aiming for a top four finish. Rebuilding should have been planned for long before our midfield was lost. His comments are defeatist and not what I as a Hibs fan expects from our manager.

Is there a difference between him saying expecting a top 4 finish and you saying aim for a top 4 finish

Btw- hes right that is all we can expect

Beefster
01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Ok

‘I’ll have to consider my position’ following poor performances and results at Tynecastle. Twice.

I’m all ears....

Two different interpretations, I’m afraid.

The first one is that, like a surprising number of posters, he doesn’t manage disappointment particularly well.

Second one is that he’s frustrated being a target for every bigot and ****hole with a chip on his shoulder.

HibeeHibernian4
01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Is there a difference between him saying expecting a top 4 finish and you saying aim for a top 4 finish

Well why aren't we anywhere near fourth then?

Real Emerald
01-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Yes but he basically said we had peaked and having lost the players we did it was inevitable that we couldn’t do it again. He should be able to replace 3 players with the time he had and expect to be in around the top four again.

I’m sorry I can’t remember his actual words but it was as if he was saying we should be pleased we managed it last year and he wasn’t expecting to do it again. It’s what he’s there to do though, especially against clubs with a fraction of our recourses. Or at least have an ambition to try.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 05:42 PM
I’m not sure if it comes under the body language category however Lennon avoiding the press tonight and sending Gary Parker out instead sends out a very poor signal and again adds to the theory that he isn’t happy here.

greenpaper55
01-12-2018, 05:42 PM
St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Livingstone FFS ! all doing better with a fraction of our resources . No excuse.

Beefster
01-12-2018, 05:47 PM
I’m not sure if it comes under the body language category however Lennon avoiding the press tonight and sending Gary Parker out instead sends out a very poor signal and again adds to the theory that he isn’t happy here.

How do you get from a non-appearance at a post-match interview to ‘he’s not happy’? Would it be the same if we hadn’t been pumped?

BoomtownHibees
01-12-2018, 05:49 PM
How do you get from a non-appearance at a post-match interview to ‘he’s not happy’? Would it be the same if we hadn’t been pumped?

He probably would have done the interview if we hadn’t been pumped which is the point the poster is making

Beefster
01-12-2018, 05:55 PM
He probably would have done the interview if we hadn’t been pumped which is the point the poster is making

I thought bingo’s point was about how it meant Lennon wasn’t happy.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 05:56 PM
I thought bingo’s point was about how it meant Lennon wasn’t happy.

I think if he was happy he’d have done the interview.

The media work is part of the job but that’s two defeats in a row he’s sent his assistant out. (I think? Was the st Johnstone game the last defeat? Having a bit of a mental block and can’t remember if it was before or after the Aberdeen game)

Do you not think that’s a bit unusual?

Beefster
01-12-2018, 06:00 PM
I think if he was happy he’d have done the interview.

He’s missed interviews after victories. No one used that as a stick to beat him with though (as if more are even needed).

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 06:03 PM

The first one is that, like a surprising number of posters, he doesn’t manage disappointment particularly well.

Second one is that he’s frustrated being a target for every bigot and ****hole with a chip on his shoulder.

This may be my favourite post of today.

SquashedFrogg
01-12-2018, 06:05 PM

Did you seriously just type that? Valid observation? Suddenly people are body langauge experts and mind readers?

This place is quite scary.

SquashedFrogg
01-12-2018, 06:09 PM

Media want interviews shortly after final whistle.

Managers who are giving their players a bollocking in the changing room after defeat aren't going to pop out half way through said bollocking to speak to media.

People letting their imagination get them aroused.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 06:09 PM
And??

Low post count so I can’t comment? Jambo reference, a negative one st that.

Is it absurd to think that the continual attacks he has suffered have got to him.

Neil Lennon suffers significantly far more attacks from some posters on Hibs.net than he does at Tynecastle or anywhere else.

hibbydog
01-12-2018, 06:22 PM

Both to my mind are causing him to not be arsed. And if both of the above situations are going to be a recurring problem, it’s best for everyone that he moves on.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Neil Lennon suffers significantly far more attacks from some posters on Hibs.net than he does at Tynecastle or anywhere else.

do any coins manage to reach him from the internet ?

Jonnyboy
01-12-2018, 08:44 PM

It could of course have been a reaction to the lights going out just as his players were starting to get a foothold in the game.

Leith's finest
01-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Heard he said to squad " maybe time for new manager" could some posters itk confirm/deny

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 08:59 PM
When did actual facts and context matter?

What’s hitting a plateau?

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 09:00 PM

Pretty sure nobody can launch a punch from the Internet.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Heard he said to squad " maybe time for new manager" could some posters itk confirm/deny

Can’t see it to be honest.

I think he’ll be away soon enough but if he’d said that in a serious manner I’m sure it would have come out before now.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2018, 01:44 AM
do any coins manage to reach him from the internet ?

:tee hee: Sorry, but I just had to chuckle at that.

Brizo
02-12-2018, 06:27 AM

:agree:

I never realised we had so many amateur psychologists and non-verbal communication experts among our support until I opened this thread.

Some absolute f.... bollocks on here.

Heisenberg
02-12-2018, 06:28 AM

This kind of rumour came out after the Hearts/St Johnstone games too. I’m guessing it’s a load of rubbish.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Lennon's body language?? Would be more inclined to question players body language yesterday, half hearted at best.

bingo70
02-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Lennon's body language?? Would be more inclined to question players body language yesterday, half hearted at best.

Do you agree Lennon deserves credit for the successful season last season?

Imo he can’t have it both ways, if he gets the credit for the team doing well it can’t be lumped on the players when we’re having a bad spell.

Green&White
02-12-2018, 08:19 AM
I know for a fact that Lennon spent the whole bus journey back from Killie going absolutely bananas. So much so the driver started driving like a maniac just so he could get back and them off the bus quicker. Probably out of fear :D
This came from a person on the bus.

I'd suggest that we can only make wild guesses into Lennon's mindset and really know sweet F all about how he actual feels.

Let's just get behind him and the team while he is our boss eh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Do you agree Lennon deserves credit for the successful season last season?

Imo he can’t have it both ways, if he gets the credit for the team doing well it can’t be lumped on the players when we’re having a bad spell.

C'mon bingo, when the players cross the line, what more can he do, when they can't do the basics? Must be tearing his hair out

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 08:23 AM
C'mon bingo, when the players cross the line, what more can he do, when they can't do the basics? Must be tearing his hair out

Changing personnel and formations big time week in week out doesn’t help does if? Then hooking two senior players at half time. Have the players chucked it for him? Perhaps it’s being told he’s off routinely that’s done it for them? Players aren’t machines.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Changing personnel and formations big time week in week out doesn’t help does if? Then hooking two senior players at half time. Have the players chucked it for him? Perhaps it’s being told he’s off routinely that’s done it for them? Players aren’t machines.

Agree wholesale changes are not helpful, but they are being paid to be professional footballers. If they can't be arsed, then that's unacceptable

bingo70
02-12-2018, 08:28 AM

But they could do the basics a few weeks ago so it’s not down to their abilities and I don’t think for a second it’s a conscious decision not to try.

Imo management or motivation isn’t about what happens immediately prior to going on the park, it’s a process that involves making players feeling like their ten feet tall and can’t be beaten. By and large Lennon has done that really well for us but I’ve not agreed with some of the negativity from him this season, even yesterday if you look at what Parker said post match, we’ve gone there to be defensive, that doesn’t suit our players so I think they’ll have been questioning that from the start.

I’m not saying he should be sacked, it’s too early for that talk but alarm bells are ringing and I do think he’ll be away soon as I’m not convinced we’ll turn this around, although I do think we’ll beat St Mirren.

I think we’ll struggle against Hamilton though as the players have been convinced they can’t play on those pitches.

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Agree wholesale changes are not helpful, but they are being paid to be professional footballers. If they can't be arsed, then that's unacceptable

While I agree it’s unprofessional it is the managers job to keep them highly motivated, something that is evidently lacking at the moment. Dublin didn’t work for them obviously but something has to give because if we don’t pick up a min 4 points this week we are in deep **** although knowing my club we are likely to lose at Hamilton and win at Ibrox 😄

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 08:36 AM
While I agree it’s unprofessional it is the managers job to keep them highly motivated, something that is evidently lacking at the moment. Dublin didn’t work for them obviously but something has to give because if we don’t pick up a min 4 points this week we are in deep **** although knowing my club we are likely to lose at Hamilton and win at Ibrox 😄

6 points in these two games is a must.

Dublin and a golf day, you would think morale would be decent. Something not right though

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 08:39 AM

Dublin and a golf day, you would think morale would be decent. Something not right though

Yep 👍 that’s me all neggied out now so back to focusing on what is a massive massive week.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Yep 👍 that’s me all neggied out now so back to focusing on what is a massive massive week.

It is very very concerning, I'm worried but 6 points is a must, if not then hell knows where we go

number9dream
02-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Our manager has spoken often, and eloquently, about his battle with depression.
He's going to have bouts of feeling low. That's what he has to live with and his employers need to be understanding and support him, which he has said they did very well for a previous period when he was suffering.
Perhaps the incident at Tynecastle was a trigger, perhaps his mood is destabilising the squad.
If this is the case, hopefully he comes through it soon. A couple of wins would help but I don't think the issue is that simple.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Our manager has spoken often, and eloquently, about his battle with depression.
He's going to have bouts of feeling low. That's what he has to live with and his employers need to be understanding and support him, which he has said they did very well for a previous period when he was suffering.
Perhaps the incident at Tynecastle was a trigger, perhaps his mood is destabilising the squad.
If this is the case, hopefully he comes through it soon. A couple of wins would help but I don't think the issue is that simple.

Decent post, I struggle with depression, and have mood swings, so it isn't easy for any sufferer. May be worse in a high profile job

Since90+2
02-12-2018, 09:13 AM
Lennon has been good for us however I just have the feeling it's maybe reached the time when a change would be good for both parties.

Mikey_1875
02-12-2018, 09:22 AM
For me Lennon has certainly earned the right to get us out of this slump. It is our worst period at the moment with him in charge but I think we will need to ride the storm in December and recruit a hell of a lot better in January. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt concerned at the moment but this is a time where we will see what Lennon and the players are really made of.

CLASS OF 72 -73
02-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Nothing pathetic about it. Only a fair observation and one we should be entitled to have considering the run of poor form.

JimBHibees
02-12-2018, 11:28 AM
The decision might be taken taken out of his hands at this rate. Never quite understood the Neil Lennon love in anyhow. I couldn’t stand him as a player and manager at Celtic but I’ve backed him as Hibs manager. His will to win and his attacking formations are something I’ve really enjoyed but sadly we don’t have the players to employ those tactics anymore. He’s been quoted more than once as saying he could well walk away from the club and he’s just gave a very negative interview stating we could well have hit a glass ceiling. Now he may well be trying to send a message to the board? I’ve no idea but the message it sends me as a season ticket holder is one that he really isn’t very happy in his job. So why not just go now?

:faf::faf:

Greenworld
02-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Decent post, I struggle with depression, and have mood swings, so it isn't easy for any sufferer. May be worse in a high profile jobIt's a fair point I also suffer from this horrible condition however I had to leave my job dealing with people I couldn't do it ..if it's the case Neil is suffering another bout then harsh as it is Hibs cannot suffer also..He has to walk away take a break and try and get himself in a good place.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

emerald green
02-12-2018, 12:13 PM
I can't comment on Neil Lennon's body language, but it's clear to anyone surely that there's something amiss at ER at the moment. Whether that's all down to the manager, or the players, or a combination of the two, who knows?

Whatever it is, it has to be sorted very quickly otherwise Hibs could get dragged down this league table even further, and there isn't much further to go down the way.

Ardenttwo
02-12-2018, 02:21 PM
I can't comment on Neil Lennon's body language, but it's clear to anyone surely that there's something amiss at ER at the moment. Whether that's all down to the manager, or the players, or a combination of the two, who knows?

Whatever it is, it has to be sorted very quickly otherwise Hibs could get dragged down this league table even further, and there isn't much further to go down the way.

Put it simply would you be really giving 100% if you were either called a free transfer or worse a misfit

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2018, 04:25 PM
That’s what you’ll find with Being transparent and wearing heart on sleeve.
things like this taken in isolation and not considered with other aspects are
just snapshot - the Skinhead with an angry/shouty. face running towards a granny (only save her from the on rushing car) looks can be deceiving.

emerald green
02-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Put it simply would you be really giving 100% if you were either called a free transfer or worse a misfit

Who has been called those things, and by whom and when? Genuine question. :confused:

Captain Trips
02-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Firstly NL deserves credit for the last 2 seasons and that in itself gets him room in locker to have a bad spell and be given chance to sort it.

I would say this season has been below MY expectations and not where a squad that has had investment in it should be. If there could have been more investment that's a separate point because IMO looking at the business we did we had aan opportunity to get in better quality than some teams quite a bit in front of us.

There are players not playing well enough as I have seen them play better. NL is not doing good enough himself again IMO there has been a lot of formation and player changes.

There is only 1 person I want to get us back up this league and that is NL. We absolutely should be pushing right up there with Kilmarnock and Hearts. It is our own fault we are not.

nickwhibs
02-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Firstly NL deserves credit for the last 2 seasons and that in itself gets him room in locker to have a bad spell and be given chance to sort it.

I would say this season has been below MY expectations and not where a squad that has had investment in it should be. If there could have been more investment that's a separate point because IMO looking at the business we did we had aan opportunity to get in better quality than some teams quite a bit in front of us.

There are players not playing well enough as I have seen them play better. NL is not doing good enough himself again IMO there has been a lot of formation and player changes.

There is only 1 person I want to get us back up this league and that is NL. We absolutely should be pushing right up there with Kilmarnock and Hearts. It is our own fault we are not.

Well said that man

Hibees1973
02-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Lennon dodged the aftermath press yesterday.

Will be interesting to find out what he has to say prior to the game on Wednesday and his body language.

Surely Lennon will go with an attacking line up against St Mirren with Horgan and MacLaren I’m the line up. Also hope to see a traditional back four with Gray and Ambrose in it.

Most of us have not been too impressed with MacLaren so far this season. A home game against the second bottom club will hopefully give him the opportunity of a couple of goals and gain some confidence.

Lennon and the team must show up on Wednesday or else we are in deep ****.

jacomo
02-12-2018, 06:52 PM

Your backing for the manager here is exemplary, I must say.

rcarter1
02-12-2018, 07:16 PM

The problem is all that stuff actually matters. Imagine a school teacher going into class, undermining the pupils with comments about their lack of ability, showing disinterest, and spitting the dummy. It would be called atrocious teaching. Lennon has been incredible for us, but very few managers stick with a club for more than a few years, and losing the commitment and positive body language can be part of that. Im not going to scream for him to go just yet, but he is not -currently - performing as I would like a manager of Hibs to perform - on the pitch and off it.

silverhibee
02-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Did they walk round the course or use golf buggies.