PDA

View Full Version : Killie v Hibs pre match thoughts

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Big game for the Hibees tomorrow, where we need to get something out of the game. Think we won and got a draw last season, so our form their isn’t too bad

Anyone heard any update on injuries etc to the likes of Agyepong/Shaw/McGregor?
Heard Gray is nearing a return

Ronniekirk
30-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Shaw back as is Full back with Afro Tommy and Bartley still out and Doubts over Mclaren and Hyndman s Fitness Gray also back in contention but Plastic Pitch could scupper that
Lennon saying we have plateaued ,hit glass ceiling and difficultvto see how that can change quickly or words to that effect according to press releases So not great timing although I guess that's been clear in last. Number of games .
This for me is now a very difficult game The more players missing the more it narrows options Weather decent so it's just that surface we need to get to grips with

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Shaw back as is Full back with Afro Tommy and Bartley still out and Doubts over Mclaren and Hyndman s Fitness Gray also back in contention but Plastic Pitch could scupper that
Lennon saying we have plateaued ,hit glass ceiling and difficultvto see how that can change quickly or words to that effect according to press releases So not great timing although I guess that's been clear in last. Number of games .
This for me is now a very difficult game The more players missing the more it narrows options Weather decent so it's just that surface we need to get to grips with

Didn’t realise we had doubts over Bartley and McLaren

SirDavidsNapper
30-11-2018, 05:25 PM

MacLaren will be in and out all season. Back injuries are a nightmare

Here’s Lucy!
30-11-2018, 05:32 PM

Neither did I.

Probably be reasonably happy with a draw to be honest. Killie are no mugs.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2018, 06:08 PM
A win would be huge. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but s loss would be.

Anyone’s guess who plays and in what formation.

Johnny_Leith
30-11-2018, 06:24 PM

I don't think being beaten away to killie would be a disaster. Being relegated was a disaster, being beaten tomorrow would be frustrating, but there's a lot of football still to be played with a talented squad.

Cmon the Hibees.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2018, 06:41 PM
I don't think being beaten away to killie would be a disaster. Being relegated was a disaster, being beaten tomorrow would be frustrating, but there's a lot of football still to be played with a talented squad.

Cmon the Hibees.

I think a defeat would be damaging. It would mean Killie getting a good distance away from us.

We need 9 points, 7 minimum, in the next week to really get the season going again particularly with the fixtures over Christmas. We can’t keep saying there is plenty football to be played. Remember doing that in the relegation season. Keeping saying we just need one win. And before we knew it the games had just disappeared.

I’m not for a minute saying we are in relegation trouble. But if we want to try and push on for top four again we need to start getting results. We can’t let those above us open up bigger gaps. One or both of Hearts and The Rangers will drop points. The sheep and St Johnstone don’t play either so it’s a good opportunity for us this weekend.

I don’t think it’s must win but I do think it’s must not lose. As long as we back it up with two wins.

BoomtownHibees
30-11-2018, 07:21 PM

“Bartley still out”?? He wasn’t out last week. Any idea what’s wrong with him?

Lago
30-11-2018, 07:35 PM

A draw is about the best I would expect against a good Killie side.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2018, 07:38 PM
A draw is about the best I would expect against a good Killie side.

Might regret saying this but they haven’t beaten us under Clarke.

We’re in poor form but we should still go there believing we can win. It’s always really open against them so it could go any way to be honest.

Keith_M
30-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Remember it's a plastic pitch and we've often struggled on them

I saw Killie's pitch in action for the first time in February and I was honestly horrified. We had a really good team but they just couldn't judge the bounce or how much weight to put into a pass, because the pitch was so unpredictable.

I'd be delighted with a 1-0 win.

Stuart93
30-11-2018, 07:45 PM
MacLaren will be in and out all season. Back injuries are a nightmare

I rate maclaren but If possible I’d consider sending him back in jan and pushing the boat out for someone else. We’re already struggling for strikers as it is never mind one who’s injured more than he’s playing.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Might regret saying this but they haven’t beaten us under Clarke.

We’re in poor form but we should still go there believing we can win. It’s always really open against them so it could go any way to be honest.

Heard on bbc Sportsound tonight, Killie have beaten Hibs once in 13 games

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Saw that earlier. Strange stat as I always feel it’s a difficult place to go. The stats don’t really back that up though, we’ve probably got a better record against them than the majority of other teams in the top flight.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Saw that earlier. Strange stat as I always feel it’s a difficult place to go. The stats don’t really back that up though, we’ve probably got a better record against them than the majority of other teams in the top flight.

Hopefully an omen for us

hfc rd
30-11-2018, 07:55 PM

Didn’t know that as they always seem to give us a tough game. If that’s the case then that defeat must have been the relegation playoff decider.

Hi Heid Yin
30-11-2018, 08:19 PM
I think we will do well to get a draw at Killie.
I do not feel we carry enough threat to win this particular game.

Losing Maclaren, ironically, is actually no big loss considering that his season has been a write off to date.

It will be good to have David Gray back - assuming that he is fit enough.
He will at least give us something down that right flank - something we have lacked and missed badly.

heretoday
30-11-2018, 08:35 PM
It'll be a draw. We are the draw kings.

Ronniekirk
30-11-2018, 09:52 PM
“Bartley still out”?? He wasn’t out last week. Any idea what’s wrong with him?

Back issue seemingly

EH54
30-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Killie to win by the odd goal. Hibs.net to go into meltdown after a baffling team selection and even more baffling substitutions. A low away crowd by our usual standards and the feel good factor now completely gone. Come on David gray save us again!!

Diclonius
30-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Can't see us winning tomorrow.

Zazu62
30-11-2018, 11:21 PM
Play Boyle and Horgan as wingers, Kamberi lone striker, Midfield 3 of Milligan Bartley Mallan

Hermit Crab
30-11-2018, 11:45 PM
3-0 Killy.

tonyrougier123
30-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Killie open up when playing us,another goalfest on the cards,if gray plays hibs win 4-2 if not we lose 4-2.

Albanian Hibs
30-11-2018, 11:55 PM
3-0 Killy.

0-3 Hibs

Brightside
01-12-2018, 12:58 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porto Hanlon Lewis

Milligan

Mallan Slivka

Boyle Horgan

Flo

Squealing pig
01-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Fancy us at 6/4

Hermit Crab
01-12-2018, 01:26 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porto Hanlon Lewis

Milligan

Mallan Slivka

Boyle Horgan

Flo

Hope so. My favourite player.

houstonhibbee
01-12-2018, 02:08 AM
0-3 Hibs
we'll be fired up no doubt 2-1 Hibs

southern hibby
01-12-2018, 02:50 AM
2-0 Hibs.

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
01-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Can't see anything other than a Killie win. We've been nothing short of terrible last two games. Not sure where Lennon sees the positives but guess hes got to say that.

Terrible again

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2018, 10:14 AM
We could really do with a win today, but it'a tough fixture. Given current form, a decent performance and a draw would be good.

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Can't see anything other than a Killie win. We've been nothing short of terrible last two games. Not sure where Lennon sees the positives but guess hes got to say that.

Last week we were not terrible, we were coasting at 2-0, missed a few other chances but 2 terrible mistakes by one of our most consistent players who was coming back from injury cost is 2 points.

PeeJay
01-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Going by our last few performances we'll be lucky to take a point today - looks to me like the team doesn't work hard enough at the training ground: far too many basic mistakes still being made and there is no real cohesion to the team when going forward ...

SteveHFC
01-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Fancy us at 6/4

I’m all over the BTTS and over 2.5 at 2.50.

Ronniekirk
01-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Remember it's a plastic pitch and we've often struggled on them

I saw Killie's pitch in action for the first time in February and I was honestly horrified. We had a really good team but they just couldn't judge the bounce or how much weight to put into a pass, because the pitch was so unpredictable.

I'd be delighted with a 1-0 win.

Boyle seems to have his game affected as he often misjudged where the ball is going and it hampers his natural style Although he did get one when we jumped them 3 0 down there and they hit the woodwork three times We have had the rub of the Green recently against them so will need that to continue

Bobby's Cinema
01-12-2018, 01:38 PM
A Hibs win and a goal for Flo I hope.

Then all of a sudden we have Hamilton and StMirren up next with other top6 sides facing eachother and all is good :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
3-0 Killy.

Told you. [emoji3166]