PDA

View Full Version : Lennon

Ozyhibby
30-11-2018, 03:09 PM
https://stv.tv/amp/1433350-neil-lennon-bemoans-impossible-task-of-improving-hibs/?__twitter_impression=true

Saying it’s impossible to keep improving and of course he is 100% correct. However it is not unreasonable for us to be better than Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone. So far this season we have not been. That needs fixed. We have a top 5 budget and we are outside the top 5 so we are under performing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty Leither
30-11-2018, 03:18 PM
All part of the softening-up process...

I'm surprised at the tone of that from Neil Lennon, to be honest, although not from the club itself.

Real Emerald
30-11-2018, 03:20 PM
https://stv.tv/amp/1433350-neil-lennon-bemoans-impossible-task-of-improving-hibs/?__twitter_impression=true

Saying it’s impossible to keep improving and of course he is 100% correct. However it is not unreasonable for us to be better than Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone. So far this season we have not been. That needs fixed. We have a top 5 budget and we are outside the top 5 so we are under performing.

It’s a bit worrying him saying we haven’t got the finances or the nous to keep improving. We have the best budget and attendances we’ve probably ever had and as you say are under performing. If we are going to under perform compared to teams with a fraction of our support and budget then our best ever budgets and attendances won’t continue. In my time supporting Hibs we’ve never pushed on when we were on top, we’ve always very quickly headed backwards. Here’s me thinking that scenario was in the past, looks like it’s back.

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 03:22 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's really disappointing to hear TBH and not good enough imo...it's his squad now and he's failed to adequately replace any of the midfielders that left last season. I don't expect us to be able to replace all 3 but none are even close to being as good as what left. Lennon bore the fruit of Stubbs signings for his first 2years in the job and apart from last Jan signings...by in large his record with signings has been average at best...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

500miles
30-11-2018, 03:27 PM
He's basically said we don't buy players as good as Mcginn, we buy talent, develop it, and move it on. Therefore, there will be steps back before we move forward again.

Seems entirely as expected.

Ozyhibby
30-11-2018, 03:28 PM
We were too cheap to go for Allan or Kamara and it shows.

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 03:29 PM
He's basically said we don't buy players as good as Mcginn, we buy talent, develop it, and move it on. Therefore, there will be steps back before we move forward again.

Seems entirely as expected.He's said we don't have the nous to replace McGinn?? Why not?? We had the nous to sign him in the 1st place??

MrRobot
30-11-2018, 03:32 PM

Did we talk to Dundee about Kamara? How much did they ask us for if so?

Ozyhibby
30-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Did we talk to Dundee about Kamara? How much did they ask us for if so?

No idea if we did or not but we should have.

Scotty Leither
30-11-2018, 03:36 PM
It’s
If we are going to under perform compared to teams with a fraction of our support and budget then our best ever budgets and attendances won’t continue. In my time supporting Hibs we’ve never pushed on when we were on top, we’ve always very quickly headed backwards. Here’s me thinking that scenario was in the past, looks like it’s back.

It's never been away, Real Emerald. I might not bother going to Killie the morn now and expect to win, because, well, we've have had our one good league season in ten, so we should all just wring our caps and be thankful for that.

Mind you on the rare occasion that Petrie has broken cover and answered the specific question about smaller teams consistently outperforming us (I think it was when we couldn't buy a win in a sequence of fixtures against the mighty Ross County), he mumbled the stock "infrastructure" costs that we carry are greater than them and clubs like them.

Here we are apparently on the cusp of spending £1m on an indoor arena, but let's not spend similar on another forward or midfield player, let's just "be patient". Again.

The 90+2
30-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Working ones ticket.

J-C
30-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Doesn't sound encouraging, if he feels we can't go further as a team, then he obviously feels he can't go further himself as a coach, very disappointed to hear this. Dylan left because of wages and McGinn had outgrown us, his summer recruitment must come under scrutiny, Horgan, Milligan, Kamberi will all be on pretty decent wages and he's got 2 players signed who are invisible from the team. This all sounds like the softening up blows before he decides to leave.

Was this not his excuse when he left Celtic, they didn't back him in the market.

Real Emerald

He is basically saying that last year was as good as it gets, we’ve hit our plateau and it was inevitable that we would go backwards! To me that is unacceptable, Aberdeen have consistently managed to stay at the top end of the league most years by replacing players leaving. That may not always be possible but accepting it as inevitable is quite shocking.

Lago
Pretty negative from Neil, if last season was the peak & we are now on a downward slope not exactly a lot to look forward to, apart from the old 2 club league, Celtic/Rangers, with no competition other than the odd upset or cup win. As I was reading through the piece I almost expected him to announce he had taken the club as far as he could & would be leaving at the end of the season.
Also L.D. has been very quiet of late.

500miles
30-11-2018, 03:41 PM
He's said we don't have the nous to replace McGinn?? Why not?? We had the nous to sign him in the 1st place??

Signing the player we got from St Mirren and signing the player we sold to AV is two different things. The Mallan we signed from Barnsley probably isn't as good as the Mallan we will sell on in 2-3 seasons.

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2018, 03:42 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThen off to Paris to discuss a deal for Mbappe.

Transfers really aren't that simple mate.

hfc rd

We might have but we will never know. If we did then maybe the reasons why we never got him was because Dundee were asking for too much (remember them stating that the asking price was £1M) or the player didn’t want to come here?

Overall, him and Scott Allan would have been a dream and both out of contract this summer.

jacomo

Absent of evidence to the contrary, it is wrong to keep stating that re: Allan.

I assume we went for him, but it’s entirely possible that Celtc chucked the toys after the McGinn fiasco and refused to negotiate on reasonable terms.

lord bunberry
30-11-2018, 03:44 PM
I stopped taking much notice of what managers say in these press conferences. Half the time it’s mindgames to get the team motivated or it’s a back handed dig at the board or a way of getting into the heads of our next opponents.
They have to do these press conferences and after match interviews and they tend contradict themselves each week.

500miles
30-11-2018, 03:45 PM
He is basically saying that last year was as good as it gets, we’ve hit our plateau and it was inevitable that we would go backwards! To me that is unacceptable, Aberdeen have consistently managed to stay at the top end of the league most years by replacing players leaving. That may not always be possible but accepting it as inevitable is quite shocking.

Aberdeen have achieved what they have on the back of us, rangers and hearts being out of the picture for large chunks, as well as having their debt cleared. They're beginning to lose that momentum too.

J-C
30-11-2018, 03:46 PM
I stopped taking much notice of what managers say in these press conferences. Half the time it’s mindgames to get the team motivated or it’s a back handed dig at the board or a way of getting into the heads of our next opponents.
They have to do these press conferences and after match interviews and they tend contradict themselves each week.

Remember Butcher using similar mind games and it backfired drastically.

lord bunberry
30-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Remember Butcher using similar mind games and it backfired drastically.
The difference is that Butcher was just in the door and didn’t really know the players. Lennon will know what it takes to motivate his squad. Butcher was also an arse.

Ozyhibby
30-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Then off to Paris to discuss a deal for Mbappe.

Transfers really aren't that simple mate.

True enough and they are certainly tricky for us. We knew we needed to replace McGeogh but we waited until the end of the window to sign a 33 year old who will be away all January and is looking as mobile as you would expect man of that vintage to look.

Scotty Leither
30-11-2018, 03:52 PM
While I'm comfortable with being near the play-off spot in the statement league, notwithstanding our paean to Sevco, it'd be enlightening to hear from our invisible Board once in a while beyond the touting of half-season's and hospitality packages.

This statement is either a dig by NL at that same Board, or he's been put out front and centre by them to quell the restless natives; either way it's not what I want to hear from a Hibs' manager and it smacks of the drawbridge getting pulled up.

EH54
30-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Well, the last few years have been a joy. Now we have once again stabilised ourselves as a premier league club we can go back to being hibs again. Not great to hear that.

IGRIGI
30-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Huge fan of Lennon but if he really thinks 4th is hitting a glass ceiling I'm concerned.

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Signing the player we got from St Mirren and signing the player we sold to AV is two different things. The Mallan we signed from Barnsley probably isn't as good as the Mallan we will sell on in 2-3 seasons.If Mallan is to even be talked about in the same breath as SJM he best start improving and fast...coz other than long range shooting he ain't bringing much else to the party at present mate. Lennon for whatever reason failed in the summer window ( not sure if the board are alsonto blame for this or not as we don't really seem to hear much from LD these days) but the summer window was poor and we are paying the price for that now. Big few weeks ahead for the squad and manager and then improvement needed Jan window

hhibs
30-11-2018, 04:00 PM
It's never been away, Real Emerald. I might not bother going to Killie the morn now and expect to win, because, well, we've have had our one good league season in ten, so we should all just wring our caps and be thankful for that.

Mind you on the rare occasion that Petrie has broken cover and answered the specific question about smaller teams consistently outperforming us (I think it was when we couldn't buy a win in a sequence of fixtures against the mighty Ross County), he mumbled the stock "infrastructure" costs that we carry are greater than them and clubs like them.

Here we are apparently on the cusp of spending £1m on an indoor arena, but let's not spend similar on another forward or midfield player, let's just "be patient". Again.

Indeed, :top marks,unfortunately.

Barman Stanton
30-11-2018, 04:01 PM
They key thing people seem to be missing is he requested patience. A thing the modern football fan lacks unfortunately. The fans will end up hounding Lennon out and then who knows what we will end up with.

crash
30-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Disappointed to hear that interview, no ambition there at all. Talking like he thinks he has over achieved with us. You dont hear Derek McInnes or Stevie Clarke, or Levein talking like that. Time to step up to the plate Lennon.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2018, 04:05 PM
They key thing people seem to be missing is he requested patience. A thing the modern football fan lacks unfortunately. The fans will end up hounding Lennon out and then who knows what we will end up with.

It’s up to him to keep us happy, no the other way about.

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 04:07 PM
They key thing people seem to be missing is he requested patience. A thing the modern football fan lacks unfortunately. The fans will end up hounding Lennon out and then who knows what we will end up with.Thats bit OTT...he's been nothing but idolized by hibs fans pretty much since day 1. This is his first real test as our manager ...and it's the first time it's really been his own squad so questions are rightly being asked?? And comments like we've hit a glass ceiling by finishing 4th is not good enough I'm afraid

Peevemor
30-11-2018, 04:09 PM
I don't know what people expect.

The likes of Mallan and Kamberi will be at the limit of Hibs budget. Milligan won't have been cheap either.

Having the likes of Block on trial shows that the club is still trying to unearth hidden gems.

How many full internationals are in the squad? 8 or 9? We've never had that at Hibs.

I also don't understand why some people want the board to comment on playing matters. We employ people to deal with that side of things and there have been interviews with Lennon Eddie May as well as reports on the scouting set up, video analysis, etc.

I'm not interested in what Rod Petrie or Leeann Dempster think about the right back position. They're there to keep as much money as possible flowing toward the football set-up and they seem to be pretty good at it.

I don't think that there's any veiled dig from Lennon on that front either. He acknowledges the reality of things and would have been well aware of the scale of our budget before he took the job.

AgentDaleCooper
30-11-2018, 04:10 PM

he worded it pretty badly IMO. he's basically said 'be patient and wait for our future, which will never reach the heights we have already been' - not exactly inspiring.

i still absolutely love him and back him 100%, but this wasn't the best bit of PR.

Callyballybe
30-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Very disappointing to hear from our manager. Realistically yes, we're probably not going to challenge for the title every year. But that sort of negativity from him in the article, you certainly wouldn't hear from Aberdeen or Hearts - teams that would/or should be in a similar circumstance to us.

Hopefully it's just mind-games to get the team geared up for Saturday. Not fully convinced though.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 04:12 PM

100% disagree. If Lenny genuinely believes that. P45 time. Use Killie as an example. Fraction of our fan base. And have accrued more point in 2018

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 04:12 PM
he worded it pretty badly IMO. he's basically said 'be patient and wait for our future, which will never reach the heights we have already been' - not exactly inspiring.

i still absolutely love him and back him 100%, but this wasn't the best bit of PR.This is where I am with it...really disappointed in him coming out with these comments....let's hope its some.kind of weird reverse psychology from him and he is laying down the challenge to the squad to prove him wrong

bingo70
30-11-2018, 04:16 PM
While I'm comfortable with being near the play-off spot in the statement league, notwithstanding our paean to Sevco, it'd be enlightening to hear from our invisible Board once in a while beyond the touting of half-season's and hospitality packages.

This statement is either a dig by NL at that same Board, or he's been put out front and centre by them to quell the restless natives; either way it's not what I want to hear from a Hibs' manager and it smacks of the drawbridge getting pulled up.

Or he’s maybe just giving his honest thoughts? I don’t really think there’s any hanging out to dry here.

He’s tried his best to replace the players he’s lost but it’s difficult and up until now it hasn’t worked.

I’ve had a few concerns about Lennon recently but I don’t see anything that wrong with what he’s said there. Glass ceiling in fourth position maybe doesn’t sound great but I suspect he didn’t mean it that way, more likely it was as good as it was going to get with that side, once the bulk of that team are away and he needs to start a rebuild all over again it probably will take time and a few transfer windows.

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2018, 04:16 PM
True enough and they are certainly tricky for us. We knew we needed to replace McGeogh but we waited until the end of the window to sign a 33 year old who will be away all January and is looking as mobile as you would expect man of that vintage to look.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTricky for Real Madrid who haven't replaced Ronaldo with anyone and are currently 6th. Football isn't that simple. If they can't do it with a blank cheque its hardly surprising Hibs struggled.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 04:17 PM
I’ll watch the full interview later on Hibs TV. Maybe he’s saying that the team last season peaked, and we need to rebuild again, which I’m sure we’d all agree with

Nicho87
30-11-2018, 04:19 PM
Wonder if they will take snippets from this interview for the marketing brochure of half season tickets.

really demotivating for new sales and current season ticket holders. Basically we’re screwed this season is what I take from this.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 04:20 PM
I’ll watch the full interview later on Hibs TV. Maybe he’s saying that the team last season peaked, and we need to rebuild again, which I’m sure we’d all agree with
Rebuild we just signed lots of players who have still to perform

Real Emerald
30-11-2018, 04:24 PM

So we’re back to spiralling downwards again, season after season of rubbish and another 3 years in the division below before eventually getting one fourth place finish and inevitably peaking there before the next rebuild. We can surely for once try to kick on when the club is at a great point with crowds and finance. We will never have a better opportunity.

KeithTheHibby
30-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Working ones ticket.

His stock ain’t that high trust me.

Scotty Leither
30-11-2018, 04:28 PM

The likes of Mallan and Kamberi will be at the limit of Hibs budget. Milligan won't have been cheap either.

Having the likes of Block on trial shows that the club is still trying to unearth hidden gems.

How many full internationals are in the squad? 8 or 9? We've never had that at Hibs.

I also don't understand why some people want the board to comment on playing matters. We employ people to deal with that side of things and there have been interviews with Lennon Eddie May as well as reports on the scouting set up, video analysis, etc.

I'm not interested in what Rod Petrie or Leeann Dempster think about the right back position. They're there to keep as much money as possible flowing toward the football set-up and they seem to be pretty good at it.

I don't think that there's any veiled dig from Lennon on that front either. He acknowledges the reality of things and would have been well aware of the scale of our budget before he took the job.

Hibs should have/should have had a greater engagement with fans down the years than the one we "enjoy", which at times has been akin to that of the public profile of Salman Rushdie: especially given that we engage a PR firm in the shape of David Forsyth who's never far from Petrie's side.

That statement and press conference reeks of surrender to me, and it really disappoints me to say that as I admire NL both from a football and a personal perspective.

Asking the Board to comment on the playing side is valid, because we've been here before with the obsession with "infrastructure" - plenty of cash for that, but zero-risk tolerated on the playing side?

No, there's accountability and then there's being asked legitimate questions re where OUR money goes, and this is one constant where they've continually thumbed their noses at the fans.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 04:45 PM

what is our budget that Mallan and flo are at limit? They ain’t even top earners

Saturday Boy
30-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Looks like it’s Calimero v. Chicken Licken on here again, posters trying to outdo one another on the impending doomsday

Radium
30-11-2018, 04:48 PM
https://youtu.be/7d-C4ElUVgI

Full interview, doesn’t sound as negative as STV have tried to spin it

jacomo
30-11-2018, 04:53 PM

Spot on. A bit of patience would be welcome.

jacomo
30-11-2018, 04:56 PM

I think it’s legitimate to question the balance in the squad. We lack a proper box-to-box midfielder and it’s a big miss.

However, replacing last year’s midfield was no easy task.

Famous Fiver
30-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Lennon is the man for me to take us forward.

He is by far the best man for the job, in my opinion. and getting rid now would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I, for one, am happy to stick with him and can't believe some on here want rid.

Opinions, eh!

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2018, 05:03 PM
First thoughts was i was disappointed, then i watched the video and i cant agree more with what he's said. :thumbsup:

There is not a lot wrong with us, and we will strengthen again, if you want to be miserable, you will be miserable,

Here’s Lucy!
30-11-2018, 05:11 PM
It's like looking at a weather forecast for some folk.

You can take in and believe the bits you want to belief (sunny, hot, dry etc.) and ignore the rest or, you can objectively look at the whole thing and see it's not all good news. Or bad, in this particular instance.

:rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
30-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Funny how STV editing and narrative changes the tone of the full interview.

I agree 100% will him. People need to show a little patience. Our progress over the last 3/4 years has been great. Logic suggests it was always going to level out. I'm sure it'll improve before not too long.

bingo70
30-11-2018, 05:25 PM

He is by far the best man for the job, in my opinion. and getting rid now would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Opinions, eh!

Don’t think many, if any, want rid of him?

I think we’re approaching the stage of anything he says being twisted to a negative but we’re not quite at that stage yet, once we get there we’re a couple of defeats away from the full on Lennon our campaign.

As it stands right now, I think people are just questioning some odd comments that appear to have been taken out of context.

Smartie
30-11-2018, 05:30 PM
I was raging until I watched the interview, and then found his comments to be perfectly reasonable.

Common sense as ever, impossible to argue with and we shouldn't try to see anything that isn't there.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Don’t think many, if any, want rid of him?

I think we’re approaching the stage of anything he says being twisted to a negative but we’re not quite at that stage yet, once we get there we’re a couple of defeats away from the full on Lennon our campaign.

As it stands right now, I think people are just questioning some odd comments that appear to have been taken out of context.
Nothing has been taken out of context. He uttered the words.

bingo70
30-11-2018, 05:37 PM

That’s the point about context surely though.

The same words can be uttered but mean different things depending on the context.

Tbf I’ve not watched the video so you may be right, I was just encouraged to hear people saying it wasn’t as bad as STV made out in the original link.

SquashedFrogg
30-11-2018, 05:38 PM

You can utter words and easily be taken out of context. Particularly when the words uttered are from a much wider conversation.

Radium
30-11-2018, 05:41 PM

The word bemoaned in the first line of the article sets a negative tone around what is said. You have every right to accept the journalist viewpoint, personally I think they have introduced a slant that wasn’t there having listened to the wider recording.

tamig
30-11-2018, 05:55 PM

So you’re making things up to have a dig?

vuefrom1875
30-11-2018, 06:13 PM
https://youtu.be/7d-C4ElUVgI

Full interview, doesn’t sound as negative as STV have tried to spin it

Correct sir.

SON OF PADDY
30-11-2018, 06:15 PM

Exactly how I saw it!

Zazu62
30-11-2018, 06:15 PM
I thought we would be loaded after the SC win merchandise etc, massive season ticket sales and selling McGinn. Not saying we haven’t spent money but feel a bit underwhelmed regarding our transfer activity

Wilson
30-11-2018, 06:25 PM
I thought we would be loaded after the SC win merchandise etc, massive season ticket sales and selling McGinn. Not saying we haven’t spent money but feel a bit underwhelmed regarding our transfer activity

If only there was some way of knowing how loaded we were (or not). Like a yearly set of accounts getting analysed to death on websites such as this one...

SON OF PADDY
30-11-2018, 06:25 PM

I concur 🤔

Hibees1973
30-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Lennon is avoiding the main issue in that the vast majority of the new signings have been poor.

This is the problem, not that we have hit a glass ceiling. Maybe Lennon is trying to protect the players but he has criticised MacLaren and Kamberi over the last few days.

We need a solid performance tomorrow or we could really could come off the rails. A team tomorrow like:

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi MacLaren

This, I feel is our best team all with our major signings and players on the highest wages.

it must be a positive that our captain is back fit. Hope he plays tomorrow.

Tomorrow is hopefully the first time this season we could put our strongest team out. It is now time for Mallan, Horgan and Maclaren to get the finger out and for Boyle to produce what we all know he can.

We must not lose tomorrow then pick up a win against St Mirren on Wednesday.

Anything other than this then we are in for a painful season.

Keith_M
30-11-2018, 06:34 PM
I read the article and it doesn't sound as bad as the summary given above.

Hi Heid Yin
30-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Looks like it’s Calimero v. Chicken Licken on here again, posters trying to outdo one another on the impending doomsday

:tee hee::tee hee: That made me chuckle.

jacomo
30-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Lennon is avoiding the main issue in that the vast majority of the new signings have been poor.

This is the problem, not that we have hit a glass ceiling. Maybe Lennon is trying to protect the players but he has criticised MacLaren and Kamberi over the last few days.

We need a solid performance tomorrow or we could really could come off the rails. A team tomorrow like:

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi MacLaren

This, I feel is our best team all with our major signings and players on the highest wages.

it must be a positive that our captain is back fit. Hope he plays tomorrow.

Tomorrow is hopefully the first time this season we could put our strongest team out. It is now time for Mallan, Horgan and Maclaren to get the finger out and for Boyle to produce what we all know he can.

We must not lose tomorrow then pick up a win against St Mirren on Wednesday.

Anything other than this then we are in for a painful season.

Our summer signings are poor but you’ve put six of them in the team for tomorrow?

Aye ok then.

J-C
30-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Take back what I said in my previous post, STV editing. Not disheartened after hearing that full interview.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Take back what I said in my previous post, STV editing. Not disheartened after hearing that full interview.

It’s the most relaxed I’ve seen him for a while

One Day Soon
30-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Doom and gloom, the predictable attack on the Board at the first opportunity, Yamreek and pitchforks and torches.

Except the whole interview has a completely different feel when you listen to the full version. What a surprise.

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2018, 08:40 PM

Opinions, eh!I've not seen 1 poster say they want rid so dunno where your getting that from ?? He is the man for us but doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he says and does

Lago
30-11-2018, 08:42 PM
I've not seen 1 poster say they want rid so dunno where your getting that from ?? He is the man for us but doesn't me we have to agree with everything he says and does

Spot on

EH54
30-11-2018, 09:20 PM
This whole we've got internationals chat is tiresome. We have under 21's who will probably never make the senior squad. We have slivka playing for Lithuania. I'd maybe get on their bench if I was from there. Agyepong who's always injured, the 3 Aussies who are going to be missing when at the Asian cup, and will come back knackered after international breaks. Doesn't wash with me that. There is plenty better players who aren't internationals. Just had to put that out there. Sick hearing it lol.

bingo70
30-11-2018, 09:31 PM
This whole we've got internationals chat is tiresome. We have under 21's who will probably never make the senior squad. We have slivka playing for Lithuania. I'd maybe get on their bench if I was from there. Agyepong who's always injured, the 3 Aussies who are going to be missing when at the Asian cup, and will come back knackered after international breaks. Doesn't wash with me that. There is plenty better players who aren't internationals. Just had to put that out there. Sick hearing it lol.

Fair point.

Also worth nothing that some of our best signings in recent years haven’t been internationals at the time (not including u21’s) SJM, McGeough, Kamberi, Boyle, Bartley, SDG and Scott Allan.

Not convinced Lennon said much wrong today but I probably agree with you that too much is made of the internationals we signed.

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Fair point.

Also worth nothing that some of our best signings in recent years haven’t been internationals at the time (not including u21’s) SJM, McGeough, Kamberi, Boyle, Bartley, SDG and Scott Allan.

Not convinced Lennon said much wrong today but I probably agree with you that too much is made of the internationals we signed.

Yup. At the end of the day all that matters is how they do for Hibs, not whether they have international caps or have played for big name clubs.

We've had some god awful players in the past who have been international footballers (Kuqi, Johansson, Hurtado etc), some crap players who have played for big clubs (Dja Djedje, Alan O'Brien etc) and we've had some wonderful footballers who have never even had a call up (Scott Allan, David Murphy, Boozy etc).

wookie70
30-11-2018, 09:43 PM

How patient should we be. No-one appears to be wanting rid of Lennon but I think it is justifiable to be worried about form and recruitment. Lennon has hinted he may leave twice at least when no fans were asking for him to leave so it's a bit rich suggesting the fans would get rid of him. I agree with him about glass ceilings and Hibs but I would say that glass ceiling is 3rd place. We can't possibly compete with the resources of the Ugly Sisters but with good management we can with Aberdeen and Hearts and should out-compete St Johnstone and Kilmarnock more times than not. He hasn't achieved that glass ceiling yet although he got close last year with a squad that was mostly constructed by Stubbs. He has lacked that bit of fight this year imo. I get the feeling he senses he has bought poorly and is looking for a way out, a few wins may well change that though.

Scotty Leither
30-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Fair point.

And it's the "internationals" chat that's been spun by our recruitment team recently that makes me think Lennon has been told to sing the same song.

Let's hope Mavrias and Nelom get a game for their country soon because they sure as hell don't seem to have been signed to play for us.

crash
30-11-2018, 09:44 PM
It’s the most relaxed I’ve seen him for a while

And therein lies the problem:shhhsh!:

bingo70
30-11-2018, 09:48 PM
And therein lies the problem:shhhsh!:

Do you think he’s too relaxed?

I’d be amazed if that was the case.

EH54
30-11-2018, 10:54 PM
And it's the "internationals" chat that's been spun by our recruitment team recently that makes me think Lennon has been told to sing the same song.

Let's hope Mavrias and Nelom get a game for their country soon because they sure as hell don't seem to have been signed to play for us.

I actually forgot about they two. And hyndman aswell these boys are classed in the 'internationals' bracket. They are trying to pull the wool over our eyes again here. I like lennon and want him to get it right again this season. But it's going to take 3 or 4 quality signings in January to get us going again.

Mantis Toboggan
30-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Yup. At the end of the day all that matters is how they do for Hibs, not whether they have international caps or have played for big name clubs.

We've had some god awful players in the past who have been international footballers (Kuqi, Johansson, Hurtado etc), some crap players who have played for big clubs (Dja Djedje, Alan O'Brien etc) and we've had some wonderful footballers who have never even had a call up (Scott Allan, David Murphy, Boozy etc).

Spot on. Plenty others to add to the capped huddy list as well. Who could forget Jarko Wiss in all his splendour?

green day
30-11-2018, 11:09 PM
And it's the "internationals" chat that's been spun

Spin suggests it's untrue or massaging the truth. Which bit do you think Hibs are lying about? Which International have Hibs made up?

EH54
30-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Spin suggests it's untrue or massaging the truth. Which bit do you think Hibs are lying about? Which International have Hibs made up?

Think he means they are over emphasising it. Like including under 21's and like stated above, you don't exactly need to be a top player to play for Lithuania or even Australia at that. You'd think we had players from France or Brazil the way hibs go on at times. None of the players we have could lace Scott Allan's boots atm, he's no full caps.

superfurryhibby
30-11-2018, 11:40 PM
So we’re back to spiralling downwards again, season after season of rubbish and another 3 years in the division below before eventually getting one fourth place finish and inevitably peaking there before the next rebuild. We can surely for once try to kick on when the club is at a great point with crowds and finance. We will never have a better opportunity.

Mystic Meg speaketh.......ok

Hi Heid Yin
30-11-2018, 11:49 PM
How patient should we be. No-one appears to be wanting rid of Lennon but I think it is justifiable to be worried about form and recruitment. Lennon has hinted he may leave twice at least when no fans were asking for him to leave so it's a bit rich suggesting the fans would get rid of him. I agree with him about glass ceilings and Hibs but I would say that glass ceiling is 3rd place. We can't possibly compete with the resources of the Ugly Sisters but with good management we can with Aberdeen and Hearts and should out-compete St Johnstone and Kilmarnock more times than not. He hasn't achieved that glass ceiling yet although he got close last year with a squad that was mostly constructed by Stubbs. He has lacked that bit of fight this year imo. I get the feeling he senses he has bought poorly and is looking for a way out, a few wins may well change that though.

The statements in green bold have similarly concerned me this season.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Spot on. Plenty others to add to the capped huddy list as well. Who could forget Jarko Wiss in all his splendour?

I had managed to forget him until now :greengrin

Ronniekirk
01-12-2018, 07:26 AM

We went on a winning run when we first got him into the Team Ideslly he would of been tested v Dundee but we don't have decent cover to do that Have mentioned before that having him Boyle away with Australia will be a miss and then they need time to recover when back Mclaren isn't doing enough just now to be selected but if his back injury continues to hamper him that's no conselation to us
Decembers congested fixture list will make or break our Season ,but if we do get some momentum going that could get disrupted in January Tommy won't feature in December and Hyndman missing next two games
Lennon now talking about needing to grind out results Would take that type of performance today for a win It's badly needed to steady the Ship going into December

jacomo
01-12-2018, 09:15 AM
As always, you have to think about the audience here.

We fans think Lennon was talking to us but maybe he’s trying to send a message to his squad? Maybe he’s trying to challenge them to do better?

Wilson
01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
As always, you have to think about the audience here.

We fans think Lennon was talking to us but maybe he’s trying to send a message to his squad? Maybe he’s trying to challenge them to do better?

No. I don't think so. He has access to the squad and they know when he wants better.

When he speaks in the press I do believe he IS trying to manage the expectations of the rest of us.

No clever gimmick. Just his honest thoughts on where we are - some just don't like what they hear.

FWIW I thought he himself seemed largely positive. Even though his actual message seems less positive in the short term.

where'stheslope
01-12-2018, 09:38 AM
No. I don't think so. He has access to the squad and they know when he wants better.

When he speaks in the press I do believe he IS trying to manage the expectations of the rest of us.

No clever gimmick. Just his honest thoughts on where we are - some just don't like what they hear.

FWIW I thought he himself seemed largely positive. Even though his actual message seems less positive in the short term.
Could be a subliminal message to the board that he needs them to open up the purse strings during the winter break???

Col2
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Nicely lining up the pressure on the board to give him a bigger budget for window that opens in a month.

Stuart93
01-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Nicely lining up the pressure on the board to give him a bigger budget for window that opens in a month.

Hmm will they give him it? Not sure I can see it happening but here’s hoping

HappyAsHellas
01-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Taking the players out to get them bladdered - nice little joke in a pretty standard interview with no shocks or scandals. Haven't seen the STV version and I don't want to. He's still the man for Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 11:35 AM
How patient should we be. No-one appears to be wanting rid of Lennon but I think it is justifiable to be worried about form and recruitment. Lennon has hinted he may leave twice at least when no fans were asking for him to leave so it's a bit rich suggesting the fans would get rid of him. I agree with him about glass ceilings and Hibs but I would say that glass ceiling is 3rd place. We can't possibly compete with the resources of the Ugly Sisters but with good management we can with Aberdeen and Hearts and should out-compete St Johnstone and Kilmarnock more times than not. He hasn't achieved that glass ceiling yet although he got close last year with a squad that was mostly constructed by Stubbs. He has lacked that bit of fight this year imo. I get the feeling he senses he has bought poorly and is looking for a way out, a few wins may well change that though.Spot.on this excellent post and summary of how I'm feeling currently

YanYansen
01-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Disappointed to hear that interview, no ambition there at all. Talking like he thinks he has over achieved with us. You dont hear Derek McInnes or Stevie Clarke, or Levein talking like that. Time to step up to the plate Lennon.

Very disappointing to hear from our manager. Realistically yes, we're probably not going to challenge for the title every year. But that sort of negativity from him in the article, you certainly wouldn't hear from Aberdeen or Hearts - teams that would/or should be in a similar circumstance to us.

Hopefully it's just mind-games to get the team geared up for Saturday. Not fully convinced though.

I often wonder if that's because those guys have never managed a Celtc, as in been used to getting what/who they want, when they want, and winning trophies as a matter of course.

Tricky for Real Madrid who haven't replaced Ronaldo with anyone and are currently 6th. Football isn't that simple. If they can't do it with a blank cheque its hardly surprising Hibs struggled.

That's a very good point.

Weegreenman
01-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Some of his signings have been really poor so far. I wasn’t expecting to replace McGinn, McGeogh or Scotty Allan but I was hoping he’d at least get a bit of balance that maybe resembles a midfield. So far it’s been disappointing but if we can get Hanlon, McGregor and Gray back fully match fit and give them a good run in the team, I think it’ll give the guys in midfield a good solid base to improve.

Jackh
01-12-2018, 01:33 PM
He’s lost it. Sack him before January.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 01:44 PM
He’s lost it. Sack him before January.

Pipe doon 😂😂😂

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Our summer signings are poor but you’ve put six of them in the team for tomorrow?

Aye ok then.
Good point.....my feeling st the time was that he would persist with them. Now looking at today’s team it seems Lennon does not trust some of HIS new signings and is taking the muscular approach to try and not lose today.

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2018, 02:00 PM
There is a glass ceiling in Scottish football, but as others have alluded to it isn't 4th place in the league. I'm fine with our manager ( and board for that matter ) being realistic, but when you take the uglies out of the equation Hibs are the 3rd best financed team out of every other club in the league, and the difference in finance between us, Hearts and Aberdeen isn't so vast that a good signing policy and a tactically astute manager shouldn't be able to compete with them.

I'm positive that when he used the word 'nouse' he was using it incorrectly … or at least I hope so … because if our manager is suggesting the club doesn't have the wit and intelligence to find good players or make average players better we are in trouble.

Jackh
01-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Pipe doon 😂😂😂

Why? 7 defenders on the park and we’re a goal down after 5 minutes. Get rid of him and get a competent manager in for he January window.

MSK
01-12-2018, 02:16 PM
He’s lost it. Sack him before January.Away back tae yer ****ing homework !!

Mr_F
01-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Signing the player we got from St Mirren and signing the player we sold to AV is two different things. The Mallan we signed from Barnsley probably isn't as good as the Mallan we will sell on in 2-3 seasons.

I’ll be surprised if he’s even still getting a game after January

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Why? 7 defenders on the park and we’re a goal down after 5 minutes. Get rid of him and get a competent manager in for he January window.

:faf: At least try mate.

Springbank
01-12-2018, 02:37 PM
i am unimpressed with lennon

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Dont bang your head on the glass ceiling on the way out

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 02:39 PM
:faf: At least try mate.

How far down the league do we fall before questions can be asked?

murray26
01-12-2018, 02:40 PM
I’ll 2nd that.. I’ve had enough of him..

sean04
01-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Spent good money during the summer and were behind Livingston and killie in the league. Unacceptable

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Yup for me its time to go, walk or sacked I don't care.

Bizarre team selections/tactics/formation
Poor signings
8th in the league with possibly the worst month of the season to come aswell

01-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Lennon out. Strachan in.

berwickhibee
01-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Not 1 of his players are playing well. We look like a scared clueless outfit at present.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Seeing as my thread was merged, just thought a repeat post was in order

TAXI FOR LENNON!

cleanyman
01-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Too early to be calling for his head

However, the midfield he has assembled will be a nail in his coffin

Every one of them is chronic

murray26
01-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Lennon out. Strachan in.

No thanks

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 02:51 PM

Every one of them is chronic

We've had one good half season out of 2 and a half. Better making the call now than when it's too late.

cleanyman
01-12-2018, 02:52 PM
We've had one good half season out of 2 and a half. Better making the call now than when it's too late.

Historically we are mediocre

I predicted we would finish 6th in July

Seems I was overly optimistic

murray26
01-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Our board won’t do it no chance.. our only hope is that he walks and I’m not holding my breath on that one either..

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Our board won’t do it no chance.. our only hope is that he walks and I’m not holding my breath on that one either..

Is that really our only hope? 😂😂

Biggie
01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Killie pumping us......deary ****ing me....dark December for us

EH54
01-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Getting fed up of him messing about with the team. Shows he hasn't a clue or lost interest now. Strachan would be interesting.

murray26
01-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Is that really our only hope? 😂😂

Yes.. we won’t sack him..

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 02:57 PM
At least that Neil Lennon is a winner rubbish has stopped. Like any manager he's sometimes a winner, sometimes a drawer and sometimes a loser. First sticky patch and he's lost.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 02:58 PM
I can only go by what he's been reported as saying, and his demeanour at games, but the impression I get is that his heart's not in it.

On the bright side, if he stays IL have no trouble getting a decent seat at ER next season

green day
01-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Kinda lost my patience with him now. If someone like Tommy Wright or Steve Clarke had our budget they would be drooling. As it is, Lennon seems to be saying it's not enough.

Well, it should be enough to do better than this. We have been pish for weeks now, and his selections have been bizarre at times.

Couldn't really care if he walked tomorrow, tbh.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Absolutely zero chance of Lennon being sacked anytime soon.

He may decide to walk soon but that’s the only way he’s leaving us. I personally think he hoped someone would have tried to headhunt him while his stock was high and the fact nobody did has maybe had a wee knock on effect to him.

My gut feeling is he’ll leave pretty soon if things don’t turn around, I’ve thought for a while he’ll be away soon though so every chance I’m wrong.

LustForLeith
01-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Time to get Strachan in

Johnny Clash
01-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Killie sitting 2nd top just now - was never gonna be an easy away game - what’s with all the panic merchants on this site? No real!

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 03:21 PM
No thanks

Yes please.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Time to get Strachan in

He must be top of the pile if Lennon leaves. I think he will tough it out though.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Killie sitting 2nd top just now - was never gonna be an easy away game - what’s with all the panic merchants on this site? No real!

They are but we’re Hibs fans and we care about where we’re sitting, which is 8th and we’re dropping like a stone. People aren’t being “panic merchants” (this is the kind of patter I was talking about in my reply to matty_f_ earlier in the match thread btw) because Killie are second. We’re being “panic merchants” because we’re 8th.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Time to get Strachan in

He’s not for me to be honest, not sure why, just think he’s a bit of an erse.

murray26
01-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Yes please.

Please tell me your kidding..

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 03:26 PM
It’s got to be Clarke if Lennon goes.......Clarke has been that good at Kilmarnock he must be 1st choice. Strachan would be like a sideshow just like Lennon is at times.

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 03:27 PM

8th in the league, no win in 6 , can't keep a clean sheet and can barely score. You think we are wrong to panic?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
Absolutely zero chance of Lennon being sacked anytime soon.

He may decide to walk soon but that’s the only way he’s leaving us. I personally think he hoped someone would have tried to headhunt him while his stock was high and the fact nobody did has maybe had a wee knock on effect to him.

My gut feeling is he’ll leave pretty soon if things don’t turn around, I’ve thought for a while he’ll be away soon though so every chance I’m wrong.

Im starting to think that may be the best outcome...
As much as it pains me to say it.

Ronniekirk
They are but we’re Hibs fans and we care about where we’re sitting, which is 8th and we’re dropping like a stone. People aren’t being “panic merchants” (this is the kind of patter I was talking about in my reply to matty_f_ earlier in the thread btw) because Killie are second. We’re being “panic merchants” because we’re 8th.

St Mirren will. be delighted they are playing us next A chance for them to pick up points

murray26
It’s got to be Clarke if Lennon goes.......Clarke has been that good at Kilmarnock he must be 1st choice. Strachan would be like a sideshow just like Lennon is at times.

Clarke would be an outstanding appointment.. sadly it won’t happen.

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 03:50 PM

Every one of them is chronicWhat midfield mate...do we have one??

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 03:51 PM
How far down the league do we fall before questions can be asked?

You can ask questions from day one of the season, no one is stopping you. Don't expect everyone to have the same opinion though.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 03:53 PM
You can ask questions from day one of the season, no one is stopping you. Don't expect everyone to have the same opinion though.

I don’t expect everybody to. But there’s plenty people who aren’t happy at people questioning the manager/some of the players.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
I don’t expect everybody to. But there’s plenty people who aren’t happy at people questioning the manager/some of the players.

So what? Everyone is just expressing their opinion. I've no doubt there are probably one or two undercovers in amongst it all who are at it but that doesn't change the fact of the wider debate.

I think Lennon is an excellent manager, his record is very good and we have a decent squad that isn't far short of what we need. A couple of results and we will be in a completely different position - literally since we're still just seven points off 4th. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but again, so what?

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 04:04 PM
So what? Everyone is just expressing their opinion. I've no doubt there are probably one or two undercovers in amongst it all who are at it but that doesn't change the fact of the wider debate.

I think Lennon is an excellent manager, his record is very good and we have a decent squad that isn't far short of what we need. A couple of results and we will be in a completely different position - literally since we're still just seven points off 4th. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but again, so what?

On the flipside 9 points of 11th.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 04:08 PM

That’s basically what I’ve said? People are expressing their opinion by questioning Lennon/recruitment at Hibs (the way a forum should be) yet some people hate seeing it done (not the way a forum should be).

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 04:10 PM

I think Lennon is an excellent manager, his record is very good and we have a decent squad that isn't far short of what we need. A couple of results and we will be in a completely different position - literally since we're still just seven points off 4th. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but again, so what?We are also only 6points now off 3rd bottom if we lose today...very concerning as where is the next win coming from??

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 04:11 PM
We are also only 6points now off 3rd bottom if we lose today...very concerning as where is the next win coming from??

Closer to third bottom than fourth. Also on a run of form and have an upcoming run of games coming up that would suggest we’re more likely to be heading down the way rather than up.

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Closer to third bottom than fourth. Also on a run of form and have an upcoming run of games coming up that would suggest we’re more likely to be heading down the way rather than up.After a summer when we were told we had the biggest footballing budget ever...and look at the state of that team fielded today?? Utterly shocking it really is....

mcfly
01-12-2018, 04:17 PM

Will he spend it wisely? Some of the new signings so far aren’t performing

He needs to up his game as well. Never plays same team, or same formation twice in a row.

St Mirren game is now must win....

Nakedmanoncrack
01-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Will he spend it wisely? Some of the new signings so far aren’t performing

He needs to up his game as well. Never plays same team, or same formation twice in a row.

St Mirren game is now must win....

Lose to St Mirren and I'll admit it will be time to look below us.

Heisenberg
01-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Lennon has lost it. His starting line up today was baffling. Can’t blame that team selection on injuries.

The Green Goblin
01-12-2018, 04:24 PM

Not disagreeing with either you or the sentiment, but wasn’t the summer the time for that?

SirDavidsNapper
01-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Our form is pish. Buck stops with manager. Defeat on Wednesday and he should be gone.

SideBurns
01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
I think he has to go. That was as bad as anything I saw in the Butcher days. Sad, but Lennon seems to have lost it completely.

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Today was a new low.....talk about the lights going out.

What kind of team was that to put out today?

A lot of posts I see on Hibs net state that ‘Lennon is a good manager’. Well, we are really going to find this out in December. He has built the vast majority of this squad and losing McGinn, etc should not be used continually as an excuse.

Lennon will have been aware long ago that he was going to lose players at the end of last season and his replacements are nowhere near good enough. Kilmarnock, Hearts and St Johnstone appear to have recruited well on similar/smaller budgets.

This Hibs board will have a big decision to make come January if this run continues. We have a Celtic, Hearts and Rangers (twice) in a December.

Hope Lennon reverts to a back four and we get our captain back fit. This may give us a remedy in December. If not, I’m not sure the Hibs board should give Lennon the funds in the January window to rectify the poor signings he made in the summer/autumn.

Michael
01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
First bad run of form after 2 excellent years and it's "Lennon out". Mental.

cleanyman
01-12-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm giving Lennon time

The players have to play better though and quickly

I'm wanting more from Milligan, Boyle and especially Mallan who disappears for a two weeks at a time

heid the baw
01-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Spot on, could not agree more

h18eeynick
01-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Costs me about £50 to attend from Carlisle plus my season ticket cost. Fed up with Lennon and his Lennon side show. Would have normally gone to Killie and Hamilton next week plus St Mirren on Wednesday. No chance now .

Scottie
On recent performances Lennon couldny pick a gid snotter oot his ain nose never mind a fitba team.

If he can't be arsed anymore as his body language suggests then time for him to exit left.

matty_f
I defended him at the time but remember Lennon's "rejects" chat after the Celtc defeat? I wonder if he regrets that now.

Leith Green
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Midfield is pish .. Milligan , Mallan , Horgan , hyndman , agyepong..
struggling to see what he was seeing when signing these players , he had ages to identify signings to replace the midfield we had. Nobody expected it to be better than before but this is ridiculous. The reason he is ****ing about with dodgy team selections is because the players he signed arent good enough , he knows it and we know it.

Ozyhibby
01-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Don’t think sacking Lennon is the answer. Need to know why we are not getting value for money from our signings? Is that down to Lennon? Not sure it is. Graeme Mathie apparently runs recruitment. What made him think Milligan would be better than Kamara? Or Horgan better than Allan? Or just go with 3 strikers instead of making a move for Shankland?

bingo70
01-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Year one wasn’t excellent, it was a case of job done.

Last year was good, there’s no denying that, ultimately though it’s not that significant if it doesn’t look like he will be able to turn it around this season.

He’s made throw away comments about maybe having had enough after the last two derbies at Tynecastle so that’s brought about some pressure on him too. The mood about Lennon just now isn’t solely down to results IMO, we look like we’re drifting and I don’t think the players look like they’re playing for him just now. The fact we had a good season last season last season is neither here nor there really.

Leith Green
01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
I'm giving Lennon time

The players have to play better though and quickly

I'm wanting more from Milligan, Boyle and especially Mallan who disappears for a two weeks at a time

As well as the new signings being not good enough , we also have to gave the facts that there is a complete imbalance to them. Thats why we are struggling to look like a team and why lennon keeps ****ing about with them

h18eeynick
01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Crowd was just over 6000 . Probably a decent number for lower league clubs in our division . Hibs are about 16000 to 17000 for all home games . Played off the pitch by a team paying peanutsand 2nd in the league now. All about the manager me thinks and ability to set up what you have

wookie70
01-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Not time to panic. It hasn't tended to end well.

It is time to take a look at who is in charge of recruitment and if Lennon has quite a bit of say then I would keep the purse strings tight in January. We are 11 points clear of the play offs and beating St Mirren would effectively end their chance of getting on terms with us imo. We are very poorly organised, always have been under Lennon imo. He did have us scrapping for everything last season and had enough quality that the lack of organisation didn't matter as heart, bottle, desire and quality saw us through. That scrapping and desire was to Lennon's credit but it seems to have deserted him and the team in the last few weeks.

I watch teams like Killie and St Johnstone and can't help think why we can't keep a shape like they can. Look how often out centre halves are dragged out the centre and how often we are 1 on 1 at the back against a quick break. Yes we play attacking football but we really need to play more sensibly as we let teams score so easily against us. Today being a good example.

I don't think the players we have bought are shocking but there simply doesn't appear to have been a plan. IMO there rarely looks like there is a plan on the field except for attack at will. When it works it is great to watch but we are missing the quality to play like that this year and Lennon should have made us harder to beat. Even with 4 centre halves on the park we lose the first goal today by not having numbers back in the middle. Lennon needs to show he is the manager many on here thinks he is. I don't think he is good tactically but he will need to be with the players at his disposal at the moment.

tamig
01-12-2018, 05:12 PM

Me too. Don’t get the clamour for Strachan at all.

J-C
01-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Don’t think sacking Lennon is the answer. Need to know why we are not getting value for money from our signings? Is that down to Lennon? Not sure it is. Graeme Mathie apparently runs recruitment. What made him think Milligan would be better than Kamara? Or Horgan better than Allan? Or just go with 3 strikers instead of making a move for Shankland?

Mathie does not sign players he identifies them and this gets reported to Lennon who chooses. Kamara was probably priced out of our market and then there was the Celtic/McGinn saga that put paid to Allan. Was Shankland expecting to be scoring the way he has at the start of the season? A lot of goal but in League 1, could he do it again in the Championship? obviously we know he can now but prior to his Ayr form he's shown nothing to warrant us signing him.

tonyrougier123
01-12-2018, 05:36 PM
This is a real test of lennons ability turning this shambles around!so far failed!! and team selection was totally bizzare the day undeniably.a crap december on the cards and players away to asian cup in january means we canny be standing still on the transfer front.

tonyrougier123
01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Mathie does not sign players he identifies them and this gets reported to Lennon who chooses. Kamara was probably priced out of our market and then there was the Celtic/McGinn saga that put paid to Allan. Was Shankland expecting to be scoring the way he has at the start of the season? A lot of goal but in League 1, could he do it again in the Championship? obviously we know he can now but prior to his Ayr form he's shown nothing to warrant us signing him.
Shankland has always looked a player to me,but what do I ken right enuf,I liked simon murray and he got emptied.

J-C
01-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Shankland has always looked a player to me,but what do I ken right enuf,I liked simon murray and he got emptied.

No doubt he always looked a player but he had lost his way a bit, I think dropping down a couple of divisions has maybe helped him recharge and focus.

Real Emerald
01-12-2018, 05:53 PM

I wasn’t a huge fan on Simon Murray but was under the impression that when we sold him we must have had someone else lined up, but no. We’ve got 2 senior strikers who really haven’t managed to play together so far this season due to injuries or fitness problems. We have no real back up strikers and have to use Boyle as a makeshift forward that hasn’t worked. He is also missed from his most effective position leaving us struggling in two positions. Why did we let Murray go then when we left ourselves no other serious options up front. It’s just another bizarre decision from the club.

heid the baw
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
The problem when you lose players like Mcginn, McGeogh and Allen is that it is not just their midfield play that you lose. The way that they win tackles and retain possession eases the pressure on a very average defence. They also free up very average strikers. We were never going to find that quality of replacement and the flaws in whole team are now evident. Hibs are a very average team in a very average league.
Who do you think would do a better job than Lennon?

Real Emerald
01-12-2018, 06:05 PM
The problem when you lose players like Mcginn, McGeogh and Allen is that it is not just their midfield play that you lose. The way that they win tackles and retain possession eases the pressure on a very average defence. They also free up very average strikers. We were never going to find that quality of replacement and the flaws in whole team are now evident. Hibs are a very average team in a very average league.

So do we just accept being 8th and pish then? I think the problem is Lennon seems to accept it and the fans don’t like it. I don’t think we should sack him but he needs to be coming out with some ambition. He appears to be chucking it but I really hope he isn’t.

Wilson
01-12-2018, 06:08 PM

Steve Clarke.

Stops. Out. Pull. All.

Ozyhibby
01-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Deciding to go with only 3 strikers this season was a bigger risk than going for Shankland in my opinion.
We could have offered Kamara a far bigger wage and a bigger platform. Will be interesting to see what Dundee get for him but I doubt it will be a figure that should have put us off.
Good players cost money sometimes. We need to stop shopping in the bargain basement.

A Hi-Bee
01-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Deciding to go with only 3 strikers this season was a bigger risk than going for Shankland in my opinion.
We could have offered Kamara a far bigger wage and a bigger platform. Will be interesting to see what Dundee get for him but I doubt it will be a figure that should have put us off.
Good players cost money sometimes. We need to stop shopping in the bargain basement.

For us not to be shopping in the bargain basement as you call it, would take more hew haws than the present board have, (Leanne excluded for obviose reasons) guided by oor Rod.

wookie70
01-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Who is the third striker. Shaw doesn't make the bench half the time. I suppose you could say Boyle but he scored as many from wide and was far more an issue to opponents out there when they already had two to mark in the middle

mcfly
01-12-2018, 07:29 PM
We don’t have enough strikers and selling Murray is proving to be wrong as we are not scoring enough goals.

The players have to take responsibility. They are happy to take the plaudits now is the time you will see what character and strength the players have.

We must win on wed night and the fans need to get right behind the team.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Lennon out. Strachan in.

Strachan is a dinosaur whose best days as a manager are well behind him.
If and only if Neil Lennon goes, we should be looking for a younger manager, who is still full of desire, drive, ambition and passion, and who can transmit this to and inspire and motivate his players.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 11:50 PM

Strachan is a dinosaur, out dated, lacks motivation, passion, drive and ambition...and that's just for starters.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Steve Clarke.

Stops. Out. Pull. All.

If and only if Neil Lennon goes would I consider Steve Clarke - though it might take me a while to be able to put up with his surly demeanour.

IGRIGI
02-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Steve Clarke.

Stops. Out. Pull. All.

Steve Clake leading the way in birth control also :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 07:19 AM
If and only if Neil Lennon goes would I consider Steve Clarke - though it might take me a while to be able to put up with his surly demeanour.

There are some demanding paying big bucks for players, Christ alone knows how much it would cost paying off Lennon and bringing in Clarke.

Rather we kept NL, and the players started playing with some grit

Ozyhibby
02-12-2018, 07:44 AM
There are some demanding paying big bucks for players, Christ alone knows how much it would cost paying off Lennon and bringing in Clarke.

Rather we kept NL, and the players started playing with some grit

It’s the managers job to get the players playing with grit. If they don’t then it’s the manager who will get the chop.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 07:47 AM
It’s the managers job to get the players playing with grit. If they don’t then it’s the manager who will get the chop.

It is, but what can he do when they down tools during a game?

bingo70
02-12-2018, 08:04 AM
It is, but what can he do when they down tools during a game?

I don’t think any player consciously decides to do such a thing. What you’ve described comes from a lack of confidence IMO.

I don’t think some of the things Lennon has said this season publicly would help that but I do recognise he may be saying other things behind closed doors.

erskine-hibby
02-12-2018, 08:08 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNope, don't understand nor accept that. If he means the likes of newco and septic have more funds so can improve faster than we can, then that I can understand. To say we can't improve is not the kind of talk I would expect from NL. It's a defeatist attitude and if that is the case we may as well shut up shop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

J-C
02-12-2018, 08:49 AM
I don't think Lennon has been overly great recently, picking and motivating the team. He's basically called them cast offs, has questioned their ability to go any further and with yesterday's team he's now said to them he doesn't think they're good enough and would rather put in all those defence minded players just to get a draw at Killie.

neil7908
02-12-2018, 09:00 AM
I don't think Lennon has been overly great recently, picking and motivating the team. He's basically called them cast offs, has questioned their ability to go any further and with yesterday's team he's now said to them he doesn't think they're good enough and would rather put in all those defence minded players just to get a draw at Killie.

I hate to say it but I see some parallels between Lennon and Mourinho at the moment. Both don't seem happy or comfortable in the roles and are making a lot of public comments about the players, budget etc.

I really hope he can things around but I'm worried about him.

J-C
02-12-2018, 10:37 AM
I hate to say it but I see some parallels between Lennon and Mourinho at the moment. Both don't seem happy or comfortable in the roles and are making a lot of public comments about the players, budget etc.

I really hope he can things around but I'm worried about him.

Snap, I was thinking the exact same last night watching the Man U game.