PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime season ticket

Wembley67
30-11-2018, 12:10 PM
I've been reading about AIK who have brought in an infinite card which will entitle the holder well as it says a lifetime season ticket (£16K)...is this something that Hibs should look at? I imagine the uptake would be pretty small but prestige wise you would be the 'ultimate hibby' - case closed :)

If no, why not?

http://www.twoeggz.com/int/12380579.html

hibstag
30-11-2018, 12:29 PM
I've been reading about AIK who have brought in an infinite card which will entitle the holder well as it says a lifetime season ticket (£16K)...is this something that Hibs should look at? I imagine the uptake would be pretty small but prestige wise you would be the 'ultimate hibby' - case closed :)

If no, why not?

http://www.twoeggz.com/int/12380579.html

Id like the current installment payments taken over ten months to became a payment scheme that was spread over a 12 month period say may to may that then renewed automatically unless cancelled .

Diclonius
30-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Id like the current installment payments taken over ten months to became a payment scheme that was spread over a 12 month period say may to may that then renewed automatically unless cancelled .

Yup, I'd sign up for that. Would also include the option to (automatically?) change your seat if better ones become available every renewal period.

Ringothedog
30-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Pay your season ticket up front and then monthly from the same date. This would give us the money in advance

Kojock
30-11-2018, 12:53 PM
I had a 3 year season ticket a few years back, no idea how popular it was though.

eastcoasthibby
30-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Are there not a few clubs down south and abroad that have the option to buy ST's for 5 and.10 years ? I can see the benefits of having the money up front and in the budget. In my view everything should be worth looking at as far is the club is concerned.

Jack
30-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Not at my age thanks :-)

MSK
30-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Not at my age thanks :-)Good point 😆👍

CMurdoch
30-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Not at my age thanks :-)

Think any upfront season ticket deal would be for a set period.
A 5 year deal would give the club money upfront for the period before Tom Farmer is paid back which would help us in the interim period until repayments end.
Adult deal for 5 years - £2k available for 1st 1000 fans to sign up.

oldbutdim
30-11-2018, 01:41 PM
I had a 3 year season ticket a few years back, no idea how popular it was though.

I had one too.

Once I got over the shock of paying it, it was like 'free fitba for ages!'

Bloody away games though.....................

GreenPJ
30-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Was it not this sort of idea that ended up screwing up Leeds and dare I say Rangers as well.

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Was it not this sort of idea that ended up screwing up Leeds and dare I say Rangers as well.

I’ve no idea if that’s true or not but it was the first thought that came to my mind as to what could happen when I read it.

Kojock
30-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Pay your season ticket up front and then monthly from the same date. This would give us the money in advance

I actually like that idea, as soon as I purchase my season ticket I start saving for next seasons ticket.

danhibees1875
30-11-2018, 02:13 PM

:agree:

A monthly "Hibs membership" with different levels would be my choice.

£5/month for membership and a monthly newsletter
£10/month to include 3 Cat B tickets of your choosing
£30/month to guarentee your seat for every home league game
£40/month to include a Cat B hospitality upgrade of your choosing

Or a structure to that effect.

The first couple could appeal to overseas fans who want to chip in a little with the second good for those who come back to Scotland/Edinburgh every so often. Third is as you've described, and fourth is just to encourage a bit more revenue.

lord bunberry
30-11-2018, 02:31 PM
That’s something I’d be interested in. The club always have the money before the start of the new season that way. It would stop people cancelling the payment half way through the season.

Ozyhibby
30-11-2018, 03:12 PM

The first couple could appeal to overseas fans who want to chip in a little with the second good for those who come back to Scotland/Edinburgh every so often. Third is as you've described, and fourth is just to encourage a bit more revenue.

In the digital age, are monthly newsletters still a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbybob
30-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Think any upfront season ticket deal would be for a set period.
A 5 year deal would give the club money upfront for the period before Tom Farmer is paid back which would help us in the interim period until repayments end.
Adult deal for 5 years - £2k available for 1st 1000 fans to sign up.

I had a five year season ticket in the early 80's
IIRC you paid for 4 years upfront and the 5th was free.
That was 4 times £40 so £160 for five seasons football.
Given the quality of the football it probably wasn't a great deal!!

danhibees1875
30-11-2018, 03:25 PM
In the digital age, are monthly newsletters still a thing?

I think so, but I doubt they're read very often. I just wanted there to be something against the basic membership package.

If there was going to be a monthly newsletter that I actually read then it would be a Hibs one if the content was right.

crash
30-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Think this could be a good idea, although your £30/month guarantee your seat option, that is a season ticket is it not. Possibly could pay £50/month and that gives you a Season Ticket for all home games including cup ties etc.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 03:36 PM
The scheme costs hibs lots of cash. A small admin fee would not be unreasonable. I agree a continuous 12 month season ticket would be excellent

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 03:40 PM

Complicated and admin heavy. Nobody going to do anything which would reduce income.

Dancehibs
30-11-2018, 03:54 PM

Complicated and admin heavy. Nobody going to do anything which would reduce income.

danhibees1875
30-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Think this could be a good idea, although your £30/month guarantee your seat option, that is a season ticket is it not. Possibly could pay £50/month and that gives you a Season Ticket for all home games including cup ties etc.

I hadn't worried too much about the prices in my example but the third tier was effectively the same as the current ST model but over 12 months and a rolling subscription each year.

I'd expect that to increase income overall with the introduction of basic membership packages. But you're right about the admin, I'm not sure how hard that would be although I'd have thought it would be fairly automated once up and running.

PatHead
30-11-2018, 09:11 PM
To do any payment plan over more than 3 months means Hibs would need to get a consumer credit licence.

The current scheme over 10 months must cost the club a fortune. When it was first introduced there was only a few thousand season ticket holders. Changed days now.

A lifetime plan would take it to a new level.

dp00
30-11-2018, 10:01 PM

Something I’d be keen to do