PDA

View Full Version : NHC Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior

theonlywayisup
29-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Obviously NHC, but what's everyone's views on him

Must admit he really annoys me. Fanciful flicks, hogs the ball too much and goes down far too much, it's embarassing. Will never ever be considered the greatest player on the planet, IMHO.

What's your view?

Diclonius
29-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Hopefully Mbappe eclipses this guy just as Messi/Ronaldo begin to fade. Can't stand him, never have.

Earlydelivery
29-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Just can’t stay on his feet

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Must admit he really annoys me. Fanciful flicks, hogs the ball too much and goes down far too much, it's embarassing. Will never ever be considered the greatest player on the planet, IMHO.

What's your view?

Wonderful player. Goes down too easily (prob an understatement).

PSG have been given a lot of stick since last night so my question is this: why is diving looked down upon when things like ‘professional fouls’ that plenty of players make a career out of committing are at times applauded as “taking one for the team”. Both are against the rules, both are bookable offences yet one is looked upon as being smart, street wise, professional or experienced while the other is deemed a cancer on the game and blatant cheating. In reality both of them are cheating.

I’m guilty of the above by the way :greengrin

One Day Soon
29-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Histrionic twat. Football as WWF. Straight into the Ramos 1st Eleven of despicable erchies.

G15 Hibs
29-11-2018, 12:19 PM

PSG have been given a lot of stick since last night so my question is this: why is diving looked down upon when things like ‘professional fouls’ that plenty of players make a career out of committing are at times applauded as “taking one for the team”. Both are against the rules, both are bookable offences yet one is looked upon as being smart, street wise, professional or experienced while the other is deemed a cancer on the game and blatant cheating. In reality both of them are cheating.

I suppose there's an honestly about kicking someone in full view of everyone else and accepting the consequences that doesn't exist when pretending to have been kicked by someone.

The Spaceman
29-11-2018, 12:23 PM
He's a wee dick who I sincerely hope never gets to lift the Ballon d'Or or the World Cup. Mon the Mbappe.

danhibees1875
29-11-2018, 12:24 PM

It's a fair point, but I think it's because you're not really trying to cheat anyone with a professional foul, it's usually just an acknowledgement that you can't match the oppositions speed/skill in that instance and so will give them a free kick and take a booking. Diving is cheating someone and getting something (freekick or penalty) that you shouldn't have.

What gets me is the criticism of players who have avoided colission (within reason) by going down and get called out for it because there was no contact. The sort of scenario where player A pulls his leg back and looks like he's about to kick right through player B, so player B jumps out of the way of a kick that never comes. Everyone would call that a dive, but I don't see why he should have to take a kick to get the foul personally.

On topic, I don't like Neymar.

Godsahibby
29-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Horrible player who in my opinion does more damage to the game with his antics then he brings to the game with his skills. If he never played again I wouldn't miss him.

SteveHFC
29-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Hopefully Mbappe eclipses this guy just as Messi/Ronaldo begin to fade. Can't stand him, never have.

Mbappe will be Fifa player of the year within the next 3 years.

Sylar
29-11-2018, 12:29 PM
One of my most disliked players in world football. His blatant cheating will always overshadow any skill he has with a ball at his feet.

A horrible "role model" for any young football fan these days.

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 12:32 PM
I suppose there's an honestly about kicking someone in full view of everyone else and accepting the consequences that doesn't exist when pretending to have been kicked by someone.

That’s true. Although you also get the ‘professional foul’ where the player leaps back to his feet and points to the ball as if he’s won it. That’s probably a bit more similar to diving.

hfc rd
29-11-2018, 12:36 PM
He’s a fantastic player but it’s his childish play acting that I can’t stand and what hugely lets him down.

Wembley67
29-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Not even in the top 10 of best players in the world, a marketers dream though that's for sure.

Even if he dropped the play acting he still wouldn't be up there...doesn't come close to Messi or Ronaldo.

Hibby soldier
29-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Stand him or not the boy is on top £££ and IS a great player........

G15 Hibs
29-11-2018, 12:40 PM
That’s true. Although you also get the ‘professional foul’ where the player leaps back to his feet and points to the ball as if he’s won it. That’s probably a bit more similar to diving.

Aye, that's sneaky.

Going back to Neymar and the original point, when you look at those who've gone down as all time greats something that most of them have had in common is that they've tended not to resort to histrionics despite being kicked around the park for most of the game every game. That's why Neymar will never be thought of as a real great.

jacomo
29-11-2018, 12:43 PM

What's your view?

You can criticise his behaviour and play acting last night but not his football. Liverpool didn’t know what to do with him.

Fine finish for his goal too

H18S NX
29-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Tw*t,never liked him since Scotland played Brazil at the Emirates where he dived every time he was tackled,sucks.

Bangkok Hibby
29-11-2018, 01:14 PM
A little overpaid cheat. He's no George Best!

Since90+2
29-11-2018, 01:26 PM
He's a phenomenal player.

.Sean.
29-11-2018, 02:07 PM
He’s a cheating little fairy. Hate his type of player, an absolute pansy. And he’s a diving wee rat

Baader
29-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Great player. Can't stand him.

GreenLake
29-11-2018, 02:48 PM
The best dive of the game was by Mane

G15 Hibs
29-11-2018, 02:58 PM
The best dive of the game was by Mane

Maybe, but in terms of play acting Thiago Silva requiring treatment for thumping his head on grass takes some beating.

ballengeich
29-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Tw*t,never liked him since Scotland played Brazil at the Emirates where he dived every time he was tackled,sucks.

then claimed that the criticism of his behaviour by Scotland fans was due to racism.

In the part of Hampden where I was there was no-one saying anything about his colour and the other black players weren't getting any similar abuse.

GreenLake
29-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Maybe, but in terms of play acting Thiago Silva requiring treatment for thumping his head on grass takes some beating.

Neymar's acting skills are more diverse and creative.

PapillonVert
29-11-2018, 03:22 PM
First saw him a few years ago as the new Wunderkind playing for Brazil against Scotland in a friendly at the Emirates. As said by many, histrionic and going down too easily, hitting the deck and rolling over several times when no-one was even near him! Then screaming and shouting at the ref like a toddler having a tantrum when he didn't get what he wanted

As you might expect, the Scotland fans got a bit irritated by his behaviour and started booing his cheating; he later claimed in an interview after the match that this was because the Scottish fans were all 'racist' - a classic example of deflection if you ask me.

Then, a few weeks ago saw him in a match, Nice v. PSG at the Allianz Riviera and, I have to admit, he was extremely good. A few sneaky bits here and there (maybe the French refs have his card marked so he knows not to go OTT) but, on the whole, he got his head down and showed the superb talent he has.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Would get into any team in the world.

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-11-2018, 03:26 PM

I’m with you. ‘Winning a penalty’ is clever; bringing someone down in midfield is ‘professional’. For me it’s like the Kray Twins saying they would never hurt a woman. Rank double standards.

PapillonVert
29-11-2018, 03:26 PM
A little overpaid cheat. He's no George Best!

Good point. Every clogger and thug the game ever produced went for Bestie every game but he just shrugged them off and put them in their place. He looked fragile and slight but he could take the punishment and leave them standing and show them up for the hugely lesser talents that they were.

PapillonVert
29-11-2018, 03:29 PM
First saw him a few years ago as the new Wunderkind playing for Brazil against Scotland in a friendly at the Emirates. As said by many, histrionic and going down too easily, hitting the deck and rolling over several times when no-one was even near him! Then screaming and shouting at the ref like a toddler having a tantrum when he didn't get what he wanted

As you might expect, the Scotland fans got a bit irritated by his behaviour and started booing his cheating; he later claimed in an interview after the match that this was because the Scottish fans were all 'racist' - a classic example of deflection if you ask me.

Then, a few weeks ago saw him in a match, Nice v. PSG at the Allianz Riviera and, I have to admit, he was extremely good. A few sneaky bits here and there (maybe the French refs have his card marked so he knows not to go OTT) but, on the whole, he got his head down and showed the superb talent he has.

therealgavmac
29-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Goes down too easily (prob an understatement)

Aye, the same reason my ex is my ex......

Here’s Lucy!
29-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Cheating dwarf.

Corstorphine Hibby
29-11-2018, 04:06 PM

He'd have to play in Cuban Heels instead of football boots to a game for our pink chums. He's a tad on the short side to get into their team.

Here’s Lucy!
29-11-2018, 04:14 PM

When I read that, I thought I was still on the Stokes thread... :greengrin

hfc rd
29-11-2018, 04:40 PM
then claimed that the criticism of his behaviour by Scotland fans was due to racism.

In the part of Hampden where I was there was no-one saying anything about his colour and the other black players weren't getting any similar abuse.

??

Of course no one was saying anything about his skin colour or his teammates as there was no one at Hampden that day. Just empty seats.

The game was played in London at the Emirates. Don’t know what you are doing at Hampden all on your own?

Here’s Lucy!
29-11-2018, 04:42 PM
??

Of course no one was saying anything about his skin colour or his teammates as there was no one at Hampden that day. Just empty seats.

The game was played in London at the Emirates. Don’t know what you are doing at Hampden all on your own?

:faf::faf:

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 04:59 PM
??

:greengrin

superfurryhibby
29-11-2018, 05:01 PM
??

:top marks

One Day Soon
29-11-2018, 05:21 PM
??

Uh-oh.

That's a career ending post.

JXM73
29-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Great player, and put the mope Scousers down a peg or two... would hate to play against him due to his diving... no like other balloon door winners haven't dived...

One Day Soon
29-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Great player, and put the mope Scousers down a peg or two... would hate to play against him due to his diving... no like other balloon door winners haven't dived...

I...what?

Here’s Lucy!
29-11-2018, 05:29 PM

:confused:

we are hibs
29-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Great player who riles people up. I like him.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-11-2018, 06:19 PM
??

If you think that's bad, PapillonVert went to the game twice.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Cheating prick.

Can't stand him.

hibsbollah
29-11-2018, 07:45 PM
He's hard to like. It's obvious Cavani thinks he's a dick.

McD
29-11-2018, 08:05 PM
He’s a cheating, whining orc.

people don’t always like Messi, or Ronaldo, or maradona, or Zidane, etc. What can’t be denied, even by their detractors, is what they have achieved as players, the trophies won. They were the faces of teams who won something huge, the fulcrum of talented sides, the player people often think of when that team is mentioned.

neymar seems to get the same feted appreciation, without ever winning anything significant, without being seen as the leader or face of a team worth remembering.
With the possible exception of a pretty poor Brazil team, that will be remembered for being humiliated on home turf in a World Cup, the one trophy they measure themselves by.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2018, 08:15 PM
He’s a cheating, whining orc.

people don’t always like Messi, or Ronaldo, or maradona, or Zidane, etc. What can’t be denied, even by their detractors, is what they have achieved as players, the trophies won. They were the faces of teams who won something huge, the fulcrum of talented sides, the player people often think of when that team is mentioned.

neymar seems to get the same feted appreciation, without ever winning anything significant, without being seen as the leader or face of a team worth remembering.
With the possible exception of a pretty poor Brazil team, that will be remembered for being humiliated on home turf in a World Cup, the one trophy they measure themselves by.

Neymar won a treble with Barcelona, pretty significant.

majorhibs
29-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Check his goals to games ratio for Brasil!

PapillonVert
30-11-2018, 07:35 AM
If you think that's bad, PapillonVert went to the game twice.

Hibees here, Hibees there...….

:greengrin

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 07:41 AM

He also already has 15 major club winners medals in Europe (14 domestic and 1 Champions League). Zidane has 12, also with one Champions League. Neymar is only 26 and the above total is not including 6 honours in Brazil including the Copa Libartedores.

I’m not necessarily saying he’s better than Zidane by the way but the guy has won it all in club football and won it by the barrel load. He’s got a great record for Brazil aswell although he doesn’t have the medals to go with it on the international scene.

Still a diving ******* mind.

ballengeich
30-11-2018, 08:22 AM
??

There's a vacancy for a proof-reader of my posts.

One Day Soon
30-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Neymar: Ouanquere

SirDavidsNapper
30-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Neymar is a level below Messi and Ronaldo but a good player nonetheless.

hfc rd
30-11-2018, 12:43 PM
There's a vacancy for a proof-reader of my posts.

Jeez, was only kidding with you. Cannot take a joke?

Ok in future I won’t quote your posts

If the vacancy is still open and pays well, I’ll send a CV across

Diclonius
30-11-2018, 12:43 PM
no like other balloon door winners haven't dived...

https://abeautifulmess.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Make-a-Balloon-Garland-for-your-Front-Door-22.jpg

WeeRussell
30-11-2018, 12:52 PM
An absolutely outstanding talent. People claim otherwise because they don’t like the other (frustrating) part of his game.

ballengeich
30-11-2018, 01:34 PM

No offence taken at my error being pointed out. The vacancy's there because the last jobholder collapsed under the excessive workload.:greengrin

Keith_M
30-11-2018, 01:51 PM

Hmmm, defo a case of Pot, Kettle..... ehm..... African American.

Here’s Lucy!
30-11-2018, 04:10 PM
https://abeautifulmess.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Make-a-Balloon-Garland-for-your-Front-Door-22.jpg

Balloon door is indeed a belter!!

:rolleyes::greengrin

McD
30-11-2018, 05:32 PM

That is a fair point, which I accept.

I’d also add the caveat that we’d point to that Barca team being Messi’s rather than Neymar’s (which was in part the point I made), and that that same Barcelona team also contained mascherano and Claudio bravo, but we wouldn’t use the same argument about their skill levels and place in history.

That said, and what I’ve already said, neymar was a big part of that team, and has scored a large amount of goals for Brazil. I just think he’s overrated, and doesn’t hold a candle to Messi or Ronaldo etc.

calumhibee1
30-11-2018, 06:22 PM
That is a fair point, which I accept.

I’d also add the caveat that we’d point to that Barca team being Messi’s rather than Neymar’s (which was in part the point I made), and that that same Barcelona team also contained mascherano and Claudio bravo, but we wouldn’t use the same argument about their skill levels and place in history.

That said, and what I’ve already said, neymar was a big part of that team, and has scored a large amount of goals for Brazil. I just think he’s overrated, and doesn’t hold a candle to Messi or Ronaldo etc.

He’s definitely not as good as Messi and Ronaldo but then again I don’t think anyone ever has been. If it wasn’t for they two though he’d be looked upon as one of the greatest of the last ten years or so, possibly longer.

Always feel a bit for people like Suárez, Modric or other players of that level. Suarez is probably right up there with some of the best strikers of the last 30 years but because Messi and Ronaldo are so far ahead of everyone he’ll probably never be remembered as such.

Haymaker
30-11-2018, 06:58 PM
He’s definitely not as good as Messi and Ronaldo but then again I don’t think anyone ever has been. If it wasn’t for they two though he’d be looked upon as one of the greatest of the last ten years or so, possibly longer.

Always feel a bit for people like Suárez, Modric or other players of that level. Suarez is probably right up there with some of the best strikers of the last 30 years but because Messi and Ronaldo are so far ahead of everyone he’ll probably never be remembered as such.

:agree: saved me writing!