PDA

View Full Version : Next 2 games.......

houstonhibbee
28-11-2018, 10:21 AM
IF we can win v Kilmarnock away and ST MIrren at home next Wednesday with the other games scheduled and the LCF we could potentially be up to fourth. If we can sort out the defensive lapses then we can do it.

bingo70
28-11-2018, 10:58 AM
IF we can win v Kilmarnock away and ST MIrren at home next Wednesday with the other games scheduled and the LCF we could potentially be up to fourth. If we can sort out the defensive lapses then we can do it.

It's a good point.

Before the Dundee game if i was offered 4 points from the next two matches i'd have taken it. Only taking a point from the Dundee game was really disappointing but if we can take three from Killie then it will make up for it IMO.

lyonhibs
28-11-2018, 11:04 AM
I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking I'd be a) delighted and b) a tad surprised if we leave Rugby Park with 3 points. They are a good team at the moment under Sour Puss Clarke

houstonhibbee
28-11-2018, 11:23 AM
I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking I'd be a) delighted and b) a tad surprised if we leave Rugby Park with 3 points. They are a good team at the moment under Sour Puss Clarke
I think Aberdeen beat them there. Seem to have a better away record

patlowe
28-11-2018, 11:32 AM

Our record against Killie under the current managers in place is actually really decent. Sure I read somewhere that they have a few key players struggling for fitness so I'm quietly confident we can do well.

bingo70
28-11-2018, 11:40 AM

It'll certainly be a difficult game but it's not an impossible task.

My biggest concern is us, i still think if we play well we will win, i just don't think we are playing well just now though and i don't think there's many signs of us being set to click.

Could be one of those games though, win on Saturday it will be a huge boost going into Wednesdays game and a confident Hibs will beat St Mirren pretty comfortably IMO. Lose on Saturday and it's a nervous Hibs against St Mirren on Wednesday and it's a different proposition altogether.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a must win but i suspect the result could have a huge bearing on the rest of the season.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2018, 11:49 AM
If we beat Kilmarnock our season changes again. December is such a huge month and will test our pool. We are like every other club outside Celtic, possibly Rangers and the bottom three in that a strong December makes or breaks our season. It will go a long way to determining whether or not we get the European slot which we will need to get knocked out of quickly in other to concentrate on the league in order to get the European slot in order to lose in the early rounds and get the distraction over with in order to focus on our league standing so that we can etc etc

houstonhibbee
28-11-2018, 12:15 PM

My biggest concern is us, i still think if we play well we will win, i just don't think we are playing well just now though and i don't think there's many signs of us being set to click.

Could be one of those games though, win on Saturday it will be a huge boost going into Wednesdays game and a confident Hibs will beat St Mirren pretty comfortably IMO. Lose on Saturday and it's a nervous Hibs against St Mirren on Wednesday and it's a different proposition altogether.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a must win but i suspect the result could have a huge bearing on the rest of the season.
Defense is the key. If we can keep a blank sheet then worst we can do is draw 0-0 and maybe sneak a 1-0win from a set piece. Doesn’t have to be pretty

BILLYHIBS
28-11-2018, 04:00 PM

Refreshing to see a positive thread for a change

Onwards and upwards

Our season starts on Saturday

Lets do this HIBS!

EH54
28-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Having watched us against saints, Dundee and a poor hearts and Aberdeen side lately. Nothing points to a win at rugby park, come out of it with a point we've done well. Even though man for man we have better players, we are just not a good side. Finger points firmly to our manager just now. Needs to get the team clicking and find a way of playing that works. Think he's just riding the storm till January tbh, until we can hopefully get better in.

The 90+2
28-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Draw Saturday.

houstonhibbee
28-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Having watched us against saints, Dundee and a poor hearts and Aberdeen side lately. Nothing points to a win at rugby park, come out of it with a point we've done well. Even though man for man we have better players, we are just not a good side. Finger points firmly to our manager just now. Needs to get the team clicking and find a way of playing that works. Think he's just riding the storm till January tbh, until we can hopefully get better in.
Nothing goes as expected so this is good enough reason that we will win👍

Hi Heid Yin
28-11-2018, 04:21 PM

Funny enough this is how I have been summarising our side recently: A bunch of talented/quality individuals who are not gelling and playing as a team.

It's up to Neil and Garry to sort it out asap.

Here’s Lucy!
28-11-2018, 04:35 PM
We'll be doing well to leave Rugby Park with anything but should (should!) beat St.Mirren at ER.

B.H.F.C
28-11-2018, 04:45 PM

I agree that Saturday is huge in the context of this season. In fact, the next week is absolutely massive.

A draw wouldn’t be a disaster, as long as we can follow it up with two wins, but a win would really get us going again. More importantly, we’d be making up points on one of the teams we’re trying to catch. I’m not too fussed about league positions at the moment because it’s so tight and changeable. But we can’t be letting teams get away from us too much.

We also have some absolutely brilliant fixtures to look forward to over Christmas. If we can go in to them with a bit of form behind us then Easter Road will be bouncing for them and that’s what we all want.

EH54
28-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Funny enough this is how I have been summarising our side recently: A bunch of talented/quality individuals who are not gelling and playing as a team.

It's up to Neil and Garry to sort it out asap.

Yep just need to look at Steve Clarke and how well he has Killie doing. Never took him long either. Sign of a good manager, actually surprised he is still there. Hopefully things fall into place on Saturday, all you can do is hope!

IberianHibernian
28-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Would be happy with 4 points from next 2 games .

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Just watched Adam Hammills first goal versus Hearts totally outrageous an absolute belter followed up with a slightly fortunate second will certainly be worth watching but no game is a given in this League will have to be at our best to get something from both games

where'stheslope
30-11-2018, 03:10 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46403958
Neil Lennon talking in this column sounds as if he's resigned to a bad season unless he gets in better players at the transfer window.
Not signing good enough midfielders in the summer as replacements for the 3 we had?
Maybe Scott Allen could be on his way back, as he's named as 1 of the 3?

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2018, 03:11 PM
If we don't beat St Mirren at home after drawing with Dundee then we really shouldn't even bother with this season and start planning for next. 2 pishest teams at home, we have to win those games.