PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Office

Saturday Boy
27-11-2018, 08:00 PM
I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with my season ticket this week, but the TIcket Office staff have been brilliant.

I lost my card on Saturday between home and the ground. I missed the first goal, but the staff were great faced with stressed and angry punters.

I was given a paper ticket for my seat and today they printed off a replacement card for a £5 fee.

No problems, no grief .

I was really disappointed to see the new sticker on the glass warning against violence and abuse of staff.

I think it’s sad that the club have had to do this. I’ve always been impressed with the ticket office staff.

I’m also amazed at the number of people who don’t know their seat number, or try to buy tickets for family but don’t know where they sit or where they live. Have heard both in the queue.

Dancehibs
27-11-2018, 10:00 PM
I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with my season ticket this week, but the TIcket Office staff have been brilliant.

I lost my card on Saturday between home and the ground. I missed the first goal, but the staff were great faced with stressed and angry punters.

I was given a paper ticket for my seat and today they printed off a replacement card for a £5 fee.

No problems, no grief .

I was really disappointed to see the new sticker on the glass warning against violence and abuse of staff.

I think it’s sad that the club have had to do this. I’ve always been impressed with the ticket office staff.

I’m also amazed at the number of people who don’t know their seat number, or try to buy tickets for family but don’t know where they sit or where they live. Have heard both in the queue.
Any one abusing staff should be banned

bingo70
27-11-2018, 10:09 PM

Yup. It’s the same with the pie stand.

I’ve never understood how irrationally angry people get at what’s mostly kids earning minimum wage as there’s no steak pies or pizzas left.

I think when it comes to the football some people just convince themselves they’re just going to lose their **** at something and it’s perfectly ok for them to do so as ‘theyve Paid their money’

Sir David Gray
27-11-2018, 10:17 PM

Correct. There's no problem with raising a complaint or getting your point across if you have a justified grievance. However this can still be done in a reasonable and diplomatic manner without resorting to shouting, swearing and making threats and physically and verbally abusive.

Anyone behaving like that should have their season ticket withdrawn/banned from attending future matches.

JimboHibs
27-11-2018, 10:26 PM

What about the playing staff from other teams ? You never shouted abuse at playing staff.

The_Horde
27-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Was in the queue myself on Saturday quite early on. It did take a bit of time to be seen, but this wasn't necessarily down to the staff.

I was surprised at just how many people who were in the queue were making comments about the staff as a collective and also telling all and sundry how certain staff members in particular are useless, fast as a week in the jail etc etc

Unwarranted abuse. The staff were doing their very best with the information and systems they have.

I think some people will literally get their knickers in a twist about anything. Probably the same folk who get all excited about shouting abuse at home grown, loyal players.

JimboHibs
27-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Was in the queue myself on Saturday quite early on. It did take a bit of time to be seen, but this wasn't necessarily down to the staff.

I was surprised at just how many people who were in the queue were making comments about the staff as a collective and also telling all and sundry how certain staff members in particular are useless, fast as a week in the jail etc etc

Unwarranted abuse. The staff were doing their very best with the information and systems they have.

I think some people will literally get their knickers in a twist about anything. Probably the same folk who get all excited about shouting abuse at home grown, loyal players.

Id be a hypocrite if I said I haven't muttered abuse at our players there's only so much suffering I could take watching Matt Thornhill & Paul Tosh.

Saturday Boy
27-11-2018, 10:36 PM
What about the playing staff from other teams ? You never shouted abuse at playing staff.

Face to face?

Trolling, without a doubt.

Sir David Gray
28-11-2018, 12:20 AM

That's hardly the same now is it?

As it happens, I wouldn't go up to an opposition player or manager in the street and start publicly abusing them which is the equivalent to what we're talking about here.

CMurdoch
28-11-2018, 12:58 AM

No problems, no grief .

It's good to tell folk when you have been treated well.
I'm sure the word will get back.
It is nice that you give them public appreciation especially as they so often need to deal with angry numpties with no manners.

Dancehibs
28-11-2018, 06:26 AM
No Because I’m not some plastic hardman that abuses ticket office staff or other staff. Then cry to the police when a player or opposition manger
gives a bit back

Www1875hfc
28-11-2018, 06:51 AM
No wonder the ticket office has lost two very good members of staff in recent months. No need for the abuse handed out, after all they’re just doing ther job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackh
28-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Never mind this. What about the PA system/food?

DarlingtonHibee
28-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Never mind this. What about the PA system/food?

That made me laugh 😂

JimboHibs
28-11-2018, 07:22 AM
No Because I’m not some plastic hardman that abuses ticket office staff or other staff. Then cry to the police when a player or opposition manger
gives a bit back

Care to elaborate on the last part,which player in question are you talking about.

Dancehibs
28-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Care to elaborate on the last part,which player in question are you talking about.
No it’s a general point

Kojock
28-11-2018, 04:38 PM
People abusing the ticket office staff was one of the reasonsons the loyalty points scheme scrapped.