PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Stadium

LustForLeith
27-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know when the Spurs Stadium will be finished? I quite fancy going down to it to see if it’s as good as they reckon it will be. I suppose itickets are going to be harder to get and more expensive than they are for Wembley.

Apparently it’s the biggest single tier in England. I thought it was the biggest in Europe?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/new-tottenham-stadium-guide-pictures-video-capacity-cost-opening-date-and-what-we-know-so-far-a4000966.html

Keith_M
27-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know when the Spurs Stadium will be finished? I quite fancy going down to it to see if it’s as good as they reckon it will be. I suppose itickets are going to be harder to get and more expensive than they are for Wembley.

Apparently it’s the biggest single tier in England. I thought it was the biggest in Europe?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/new-tottenham-stadium-guide-pictures-video-capacity-cost-opening-date-and-what-we-know-so-far-a4000966.html

That might be Dortmund

LustForLeith
27-11-2018, 06:17 PM
That might be Dortmund

Just saw it’s 24,000 standing?! Unreal!

I thought the new Spurs ground had a stand to beat it. Wrong!

Ryan69
27-11-2018, 07:53 PM

If Daniel Levy doesnt know whem its going tobe finished....Theres not much chance anyone here knowing mate.

LustForLeith
27-11-2018, 08:17 PM
If Daniel Levy doesnt know whem its going tobe finished....Theres not much chance anyone here knowing mate.

Ha! Good point!

I’m sure I read the same article recently and it hadn’t really updated much.

Juniper Greens
27-11-2018, 08:20 PM

But if Hearts can half finish a super mega stand in a couple of years, surely Spurs can finish a world class arena with two pitches?

LancashireHibby
27-11-2018, 08:23 PM
If/when it eventually opens, your best bet for getting a ticket will probably be for a cup game.

Winston Ingram
27-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Their aiming for the Man U game in January. The main hold up is a problem with the safety systems which they are struggling to get to the bottom of.

The stadium is pretty much finished bar the ‘decorative viel’ which is going on now.

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/

https://youtu.be/7spJ7k_QaT0

monktonharp
27-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Their aiming for the Man U game in January. The main hold up is a problem with the safety systems which they are struggling to get to the bottom of.

The stadium is pretty much finished bar the ‘decorative viel’ which is going on now.

https://youtu.be/7spJ7k_QaT0disnae half look sheite. Imagine havin' the temerity to enclose the whole roof like that! some Hibernian fans will be aghast!

Captain Trips
28-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Have the seats arrived?

JimboHibs
28-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Have the seats arrived?

Yes.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-11-2018, 06:35 AM

Maybe it's bigger than dortmunds when it is all seater?

Antifa Hibs
28-11-2018, 07:37 AM
SouthsideHarp_Bhoy wrote...

Maybe it's bigger than dortmunds when it is all seater?

I suspect it will be. Average season ticket for Spurs in their end is £1000. They even go upto £2200!

Each to their own but i don't get these fancy mega stadiums. They're pretty to look at granted but i'd rather watch my fitba at Somerset Park than in something like the Emirates or Tottenham Stadium.

surreyhibbie
28-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Yes.

ah, but nae Curtain wall?

tsk tsk

think what they could have had if they had spoken to Budgie first...

Winston Ingram
28-11-2018, 08:37 AM
I suspect it will be. Average season ticket for Spurs in their end is £1000. They even go upto £2200!

Each to their own but i don't get these fancy mega stadiums. They're pretty to look at granted but i'd rather watch my fitba at Somerset Park than in something like the Emirates or Tottenham Stadium.

They definately both have a place. One of the few benefits of being relegated to the championship was to experience the likes of Somerset Park, Palmerston, Alloa etc but i love seeing what can be created at the top end as well.

SirDavidsNapper
28-11-2018, 08:45 AM

Behind the goal as well. Crazy.

One Day Soon
28-11-2018, 12:23 PM
ah, but nae Curtain wall?

tsk tsk

think what they could have had if they had spoken to Budgie first...

:faf: And 5hite chips too no doubt.

NAE NOOKIE
28-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Been following the progress of this stadium with much interest … when you dig into it the project is far more massive than just the stadium with a far wider impact on the local area with land deals and housing projects all tied into it. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few years it gains a far bigger profile in the political arena …. not to mention the courts.

Still ……… what a fantastic facility Spurs have built for themselves, makes our filling in the corners discussion look like cavemen arguing about which sticks would make their spears work better while Spurs have discovered how to split the atom :greengrin

Keith_M
28-11-2018, 01:42 PM
That might be Dortmund

To be fair, the Dortmund 'Gelbe Wand' end only holds 24,000 when it's standing, so domestic competitions only.

When they play a European game, it's only around half that, so the Spurs end stand is actually 'larger', if that makes sense..

LustForLeith
28-11-2018, 02:19 PM
To be fair, the Dortmund 'Gelbe Wand' end only holds 24,000 when it's standing, so domestic competitions only.

When they play a European game, it's only around half that, so the Spurs end stand is actually 'larger', if that makes sense..

So in the Dortmund version, is it a traditional terracing? So you could stand where you want for instance?

Could be a nightmare going for a pee and trying to find your mates when everyone is wearing yellow!

Really fancy going to Dortmund, but I don’t think there’s direct flights from Edinburgh.

Also really keen to go to the new Spurs ground. I thing to do with the fact they’ve got a cheese bar!

Ryan69
28-11-2018, 02:56 PM
So in the Dortmund version, is it a traditional terracing? So you could stand where you want for instance?

Could be a nightmare going for a pee and trying to find your mates when everyone is wearing yellow!

Really fancy going to Dortmund, but I don’t think there’s direct flights from Edinburgh.

Also really keen to go to the new Spurs ground. I thing to do with the fact they’ve got a cheese bar!

Can you fly to Dusseldorf from Edinburgh?
Only an hour away from Dortmund.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2018, 02:57 PM

I would recommend the stadium, the city not so much!

LustForLeith
28-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Can you fly to Dusseldorf from Edinburgh?
Only an hour away from Dortmund.

Is that by train from Düsseldorf to Dortmund? It’s just that extra bit on the journey, especially on the way back with a banging hangover!

LustForLeith
28-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I would recommend the stadium, the city not so much!

I thought Dortmund was supposed to be alright?

Keith_M
28-11-2018, 06:18 PM
I thought Dortmund was supposed to be alright?

It's not really what you'd call a tourist destination. It's at the east end of a group of towns and cities famous for being the industrial centre of Germany, which were large producers of coal and steel, but have kind of gone downhill since those days.

While not being quite so dull, it's kind of a bigger version of Motherwell (I'm gonna get pelters for that but it's just my opinion :wink: )

Just had a quick look and you can fly direct from Edinburgh to Cologne or Düsseldorf, which aren't too far away

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2018, 06:31 PM
When we went there for a Scotland game a few years ago, we flew to Amsterdam, then 2 and a half hours on the train to Dusseldorf.

I'd suggest that way is much better. :greengrin

LustForLeith
28-11-2018, 06:40 PM
It's not really what you'd call a tourist destination. It's at the east end of a group of towns and cities famous for being the industrial centre of Germany, which were large producers of coal and steel, but have kind of gone downhill since those days.

While not being quite so dull, it's kind of a bigger version of Motherwell (I'm gonna get pelters for that but it's just my opinion :wink: )

Just had a quick look and you can fly direct from Edinburgh to Cologne or Düsseldorf, which aren't too far away

I’ve been to Sunderland and it sounds very similar!

LustForLeith
28-11-2018, 06:42 PM
When we went there for a Scotland game a few years ago, we flew to Amsterdam, then 2 and a half hours on the train to Dusseldorf.

I'd suggest that way is much better. :greengrin

Got my vote!

I really need to work out how to do this multiple quote thing!

hibby6270
29-11-2018, 08:39 PM
2 different pitches as well. One for football and one for American football. They’ll apparently slide in whichever pitch is required from an underground storage facility. The NFL is contracted to play their “UK games” at WHL, so the double pitch idea was incorporated into the design.

Colr
29-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Can see it from the bus stop in the morning. It’s massive.

monktonharp
29-11-2018, 10:47 PM
I’ve been to Sunderland and it sounds very similar!your not from Morningside by any chance?

overdrive
30-11-2018, 10:24 AM
2 different pitches as well. One for football and one for American football. They’ll apparently slide in whichever pitch is required from an underground storage facility. The NFL is contracted to play their “UK games” at WHL, so the double pitch idea was incorporated into the design.

I think the NFL artificial pitch is always there. The grass pitch for football will be slid out/in as appropriate.

.Sean.
30-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Why are the NFL going to play games at Spurs when they sell out Wembley?

jgl07
30-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Why are the NFL going to play games at Spurs when they sell out Wembley?

Presumably its from a different franchise.