PDA

View Full Version : When Jamie Mac scored made it 3-0 vs Rangers

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Some roar. https://youtu.be/GKB0NGpWuIY

calumhibee1
27-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Some roar. https://youtu.be/GKB0NGpWuIY

I’d jokingly outlined how we were going to win 5-0 (or whatever it was we needed to win) at work the other day along the lines of

“Get an early goal”

“Get another by about 20 mins”

“Get another just before half time”

And then we’d only need another two second half. I couldn’t quite believe it when we went 3-0 after 20 mins and we were way ahead of schedule :greengrin

R'Albin
27-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Still feel a bit sick looking back at that game. If Whittaker had scored that header I honestly think we would have gone on to win that by five or more.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 05:38 PM
The last league match in which he scored for us?

Michael
27-11-2018, 05:39 PM
The last league match in which he scored for us?

Aberdeen this season.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Aberdeen this season.

One goal since May.

Kojock
27-11-2018, 05:44 PM
One goal since May.

Last game of the season and he was injured for most of this season but don't let the facts cloud your judgement.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Last game of the season and he was injured for most of this season but don't let the facts cloud your judgement.

One goal since May is a fact is it not? :greengrin :wink:

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2018, 05:51 PM
One goal since May is a fact is it not? :greengrin :wink:One more than the saviour of our season, Scott Allan.

YanYansen
27-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Man, between Jamie's goal and Tavernier's bubble-burster, there was an almost surreal atmosphere. I remember turning to my uncle next to me, and his eyes were mad. It really felt like we were gonna do it for a few minutes.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 05:58 PM
One more than the saviour of our season, Scott Allan.

Ones supposed to be a striker and the other a midfielder. JM has played several times and has had many scoring chances this season, SA does not even play for us so I fail to see how thats a fair comparison.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Man, between Jamie's goal and Tavernier's bubble-burster, there was an almost surreal atmosphere. I remember turning to my uncle next to me, and his eyes were mad. It really felt like we were gonna do it for a few minutes.

What's a bubble-burster?

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 06:03 PM
What's a bubble-burster?

Hearts speak, lingering memories from 86, AK and all that.

HH81
What an outstanding game that was from one extreme to the other and back again in the last minute.

Walking away at the end of the game the amount of texts I got saying that was one of the best games they have ever seen from lads back in Yorkshire.

I thought it was on at 3-0.

B.H.F.C

Only actually missed 3 or 4 games through injury. Been available for the rest since he signed.

Anyway, back to the opening post. I really thought we were going to do it when that goal went in. Don’t think I’ll ever go to a game quite like that ever again.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Only actually missed 3 or 4 games through injury. Been available for the rest since he signed.

Anyway, back to the opening post. I really thought we were going to do it when that goal went in. Don’t think I’ll ever go to a game quite like that ever again.

Very similar to the 6-6 match at Motherwell except in that game we blew it big time.

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Ones supposed to be a striker and the other a midfielder. JM has played several times and has had many scoring chances this season, SA does not even play for us so I fail to see how thats a fair comparison.Why are you ignoring MacLaren being injured for a while?

One has bothered to return to Hibs and work hard for us, the other is quite happy seeing out the big contract he got when he forced his way out of Hibs.

Pointing our MacLarens struggles wont make them go away or solve anything. He'll get a goal soon and hopefully that will trigger a return to form.

we are hibs
27-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Said it after the game but after the 3rd went in that was the loudest I have heard Easter road since the new stand went up. Place was jumping. If Whittaker scored that header it would've went from fever pitch to cup final levels of mentalness.

EH54
27-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Scandalous we ended up 5-3 down in the first place. Don't seem to have fixed that problem.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Why are you ignoring MacLaren being injured for a while?

One has bothered to return to Hibs and work hard for us, the other is quite happy seeing out the big contract he got when he forced his way out of Hibs.

Pointing our MacLarens struggles wont make them go away or solve anything. He'll get a goal soon and hopefully that will trigger a return to form.

I'm not, he's just not that good.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Scandalous we ended up 5-3 down in the first place. Don't seem to have fixed that problem.

Spot on mate, our defence is always good for a goal or two.

Keith_M
27-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Spot on mate, our defence is always good for a goal or two.

TBF, they've conceded 14 goals in 13 league games so far this season, or roughly one a game. I don't think that's too bad.

The weird thing is that only Celtc and The Rangers have scored more, yet we're sitting in 7th place.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Said it after the game but after the 3rd went in that was the loudest I have heard Easter road since the new stand went up. Place was jumping. If Whittaker scored that header it would've went from fever pitch to cup final levels of mentalness.

If Whitty scores that header, the roof would have came of the place.

renato
27-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I was screaming for us to shut up shop at 3-0. If we’d got to half time without conceding it would most certainly have been on, especially as their confidence would have been shot.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I was screaming for us to shut up shop at 3-0. If we’d got to half time without conceding it would most certainly have been on, especially as their confidence would have been shot.

I said exactly the same at the time. It's easy to say after the event but if we had kept it tight for 15-20 minutes after the 3rd they would have been in full on panic mode. As it was we kept going at them, got caught out and they knew they had done enough with that goal. Had it been 3-0 at HT and we nicked another 1 early in the 2nd I really think we could have done it.

calumhibee1
27-11-2018, 08:04 PM

I said the opposite :greengrin I thought they’d at least sort of sort themselves out at half time so I wanted at least another one by then. The way they were all at sea (as we were later on) was quite incredible.

One Day Soon
27-11-2018, 08:24 PM
TBF, they've conceded 14 goals in 13 league games so far this season, or roughly one a game. I don't think that's too bad.

The weird thing is that only Celtc and The Rangers have scored more, yet we're sitting in 7th place.

Only those two have scored more and outside of those two only Livingston 10, Kilmarnock 12 and Aberdeen 13 have conceded fewer than us. We're not far away at all from being well in the mix. But, you know, doom, gloom and carnage...

calumhibee1
27-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Only those two have scored more and outside of those two only Livingston 10, Kilmarnock 12 and Aberdeen 13 have conceded fewer than us. We're not far away at all from being well in the mix. But, you know, doom, gloom and carnage...

Goal difference only matters after the points have been picked up. Using it as an argument for how we’re doing alright doesn’t really work when we’re not picking up the points. We could finish the season in 10th with a positive goal difference, it wouldn’t mean we were a decent side.

Tyler Durden
27-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Why are you ignoring MacLaren being injured for a while?

I think that return to a scoring run is just around the corner. When it happens Hermit Crab and a few others will be gutted, probably say the goals are only tap-ins, does nothing aside from scoring etc.

calumhibee1
27-11-2018, 08:44 PM
I think that return to a scoring run is just around the corner. When it happens Hermit Crab and a few others will be gutted, probably say the goals are only tap-ins, does nothing aside from scoring etc.

Genuine question and I’m not trying to have a go at Maclaren by asking it, but what makes you think that?

I could understand if he’d had a couple of good games in a row but he’s not really. Hopefully he does start scoring again but I can’t say anything in his recent performances have had me thinking that it was coming.

Cameron1875
27-11-2018, 09:58 PM
This game feels like years ago. Optimism is draining quickly from myself and a lot of Hibees it seems and feels like we need a big win to get the club going again.

December is make or break.

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Genuine question and I’m not trying to have a go at Maclaren by asking it, but what makes you think that?

I could understand if he’d had a couple of good games in a row but he’s not really. Hopefully he does start scoring again but I can’t say anything in his recent performances have had me thinking that it was coming.

Goal disallowed? Shot off the line? Another one just wide? He could've had 3 on Saturday so its not really a stretch to say he'll be back in the goals soon.

majorhibs
27-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Goal disallowed? Shot off the line? Another one just wide? He could've had 3 on Saturday so its not really a stretch to say he'll be back in the goals soon.

He’s no scored for us in ages! Stretch of imagination that’s continuing?

Dr Jimmy
27-11-2018, 10:41 PM
One goal since May.

Does the sun ever shine where you are?

Stuart93
28-11-2018, 12:04 AM
We were absolutely unreal in they first 20minutes, unplayable

calumhibee1
28-11-2018, 06:57 AM

So a “goal” that didn’t count and wouldn’t ever count in any circumstances and 2 missed chances? I can’t say I ever thought he was massively threatening on Saturday. Certainly not to the point where I thought “this guys got a goal in him today”.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2018, 07:01 AM
So a “goal” that didn’t count and wouldn’t ever count in any circumstances and 2 missed chances? I can’t say I ever thought he was massively threatening on Saturday. Certainly not to the point where I thought “this guys got a goal in him today”.

He hasn’t looked like scoring for weeks.

we are hibs
28-11-2018, 07:24 AM

Well that's me convinced. Here's me fretting about us being bottom 6 and not won in 5 games after chucking a two goal lead at home to the bottom club :rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
28-11-2018, 07:26 AM
Dear oh dear!

Yet another thread that has turned into a pop at Jamie MacLaren

My recollection of the match is that Jamie MAC scored a hatrick that day

He got us out of jail do not pass go do not collect £200

He turned a 3-0 win then a 3-5 defeat into a 5-5 draw an acceptable result on the day but not the result we craved or deserved

At 3-0 we pushed forward in droves naively seeking more goals leaving acres of space for Jase, Taverner and Jason Holt to exploit and pick us off at will even old Father Time Alaves stepped up to curve a worldly past Rocky

I remember all of our defenders being culpable at one time or another during that game I even remember Paul Hanlon handling the ball in the box being extremely fortunate to get away with it

We got what we deserved that day and in all honesty looking back we blew it big time at Aberdeen and Tiny.

It was a cracking open game for neutrals defences definately not on top so questions need to be asked in that direction if at all for what in effect was an end of season game that yes we coulda shudda won but once again we didn’t

Questions perhaps need to be asked about our tactics that day but even more alarming is the fact that Neil Lennon did not seem to appreciate or realise that all we needed was a draw against Hearts and he failed to achieve even that.

JimBHibees
28-11-2018, 07:37 AM
One goal since May.

So you were wrong.

Tyler Durden
28-11-2018, 08:09 AM

Someone has already pointed this out but you only need to look at the positions he got himsefl into on Saturday. If the first goal isn’t an OG he’s there to finish it. Unlucky with the one disallowed, waiting on a tap in at the back post if Boyle had squared it. The double block where he might have done a bit better.

He won’t go 4 or 5 starts without a goal.

calumhibee1
28-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Someone has already pointed this out but you only need to look at the positions he got himsefl into on Saturday. If the first goal isn’t an OG he’s there to finish it. Unlucky with the one disallowed, waiting on a tap in at the back post if Boyle had squared it. The double block where he might have done a bit better.

Fingers crossed :aok:

BILLYHIBS
28-11-2018, 08:21 AM

Agree with this.

I am getting fed up making this point on here that he makes runs no other striker on our books makes and with the correct service he will score nine times out of ten.

We badly need Scott Allan.

MWHIBBIES
28-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Would be alot worse if he wasn't involved at all.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2018, 09:04 AM
So you were wrong.

Ok, 2 goals since May. Great return. :aok:

calumhibee1
28-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Would be alot worse if he wasn't involved at all.

Well that kind of goes without saying.

MWHIBBIES
28-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Well that kind of goes without saying.

The point is he's getting in the right areas, making the right moves, still working. He'll get some fortune soon.

Keith_M
28-11-2018, 10:19 AM

"Mr Crab, you haven't really produced enough in our employ since May to justify your salary. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Well, I wasn't actually working here for the first three months then I was off sick for one month because of an accident at work."

"Aha! So you don't deny it then!"

superfurryhibby
28-11-2018, 10:52 AM

Shan patter from you constantly. What do you get from it?

JXM73
28-11-2018, 12:18 PM
https://youtu.be/GKB0NGpWuIY

One Day Soon
28-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Goal difference only matters after the points have been picked up. Using it as an argument for how we’re doing alright doesn’t really work when we’re not picking up the points. We could finish the season in 10th with a positive goal difference, it wouldn’t mean we were a decent side.

Yup and my point is that this early in the season there are plenty of other indicators that despite bleak recent form we aren't actually that far away from those above us at all.

One Day Soon
28-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Well that's me convinced. Here's me fretting about us being bottom 6 and not won in 5 games after chucking a two goal lead at home to the bottom club :rolleyes:

Some people see the positives and some see the negatives.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Shan patter from you constantly. What do you get from it?

I pay my money I can criticise if I want. This is a forum for opinions, you don’t have to agree with me or read any of my posts for that matter.

JimBHibees
29-11-2018, 07:12 AM

Maybe fairer to mention the number of games he has started in than 2 goals since May when most of that period is spent on a beach and pre-season then as you know just after he scored against Aberdeen injured his back and is only now just coming back to full speed. :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
29-11-2018, 07:29 AM
It might still work out for him... if not then at least we have the option to buy him rather than having already spent money on him

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Jamie MAC gets a hard time on these threads most of it undeserved.
I hope he comes back firing on all cylinders and makes the Doubting Thomases on here eat their words.
One would think that Lenny would say to his players always look up look for Jamie he will be there waiting for the easy ba rather than try the impossible from an impossible angle
Surely it is down to the Coach to drill discipline into his players
Eddie Turnbull used to play defence versus attack in training working with his players going over every match day scenario and possible situation repeatedly with his players drilling into them what was expected of each and every player in his position in every possible scenario
It was a small well drilled organised squad everyman knew his position what was expected of him and most importantly knew the games of their colleagues and knew where to find them ironically most of the time without even looking up.
If a move broke down they would simply start again. A well drilled green machine.
Not only has Lenny to instill these disciplines into his team he needs to gel his team but most importantly he needs to first of all know his best starting eleven
In his defence he has been hindered by injuries suspensions and the frequent international breaks
At the start of the season and especially after the Hamilton game people were asking if the current team were better than Turnbulls Tornadoes?
A month is a long time in football
We have a big month coming up

GGTTH

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Maybe fairer to mention the number of games he has started in than 2 goals since May when most of that period is spent on a beach and pre-season then as you know just after he scored against Aberdeen injured his back and is only now just coming back to full speed. :aok:

He’s played 9 games this season and scored 1 goal while offering very little else. That doesn’t exactly make for a ringing endorsement either.

We’re 21 competitive games into the season and what was one of our two big signings of the summer has either been not available or offering very little when he has been available (with what can only be described as some awful performances thrown in there aswell, the two St J games and the Livi game the most obvious ones). I’m not quite sure why there seems to be an attitude that his contribution can’t be questioned.

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 09:01 AM
He’s played 9 games this season and scored 1 goal while offering very little else. That doesn’t exactly make for a ringing endorsement either.

We’re 21 competitive games into the season and what was one of our two big signings of the summer has either been not available or offering very little when he has been available (with what can only be described as some awful performances thrown in there aswell). I’m not quite sure why there seems to be an attitude that his contribution can’t be questioned.

Agree those figures do not look good but he has excuses.

I am confident he will kick on going forward with the proper service

It is always better to judge a player over a whole season rather than just nine games.

He has the confidence of the Coaching Staff who have faith in Jamie’s ability and our investment but we also have the option of saying thanks but no thanks if the current situation continues.

It is win win or is it lose lose?

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Agree those figures do not look good but he has excuses.

I am confident he will kick on going forward with the proper service

It is always better to judge a player over a whole season rather than just nine games.

He has the confidence of the Coaching Staff who have faith in Jamie’s ability and our investment but we also have the option of saying thanks but no thanks if the current situation continues.

It is win win or is it lose lose?

Hopefully it’s win win for Hibs and JM but he’ll need to start kicking on soon if that’s to be the case :aok:

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Hopefully it’s win win for Hibs and JM but he’ll need to start kicking on soon if that’s to be the case :aok:

Fingers crossed

SirDavidsNapper
29-11-2018, 09:30 AM
We only won 5-5

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 09:37 AM
We only won 5-5

That game felt like a victory whereas the 6-6 with Motherwell away felt like a defeat

calumhibee1
29-11-2018, 09:44 AM
That game felt like a victory whereas the 6-6 with Motherwell away felt like a defeat

6-6 was incredibly strange. When we went 6-2 up I said to my mate that it wasn’t over. I can’t rememver much about the game but did we not go 6-2 up even though it was quite an even game? Or were we playing them off the park?

One Day Soon
29-11-2018, 09:50 AM

I think that's fair.

I can't stand some of the needlessly aggressive and derogatory stuff that is posted about Jamie but as someone who thinks he's a decent player it seems reasonable to me to be saying both that we want him to do well and that he needs to start showing it soon. Best way to settle this debate and silence the critics is to start scoring goals.

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2018, 09:52 AM
6-6 was incredibly strange. When we went 6-2 up I said to my mate that it wasn’t over. I can’t rememver much about the game but did we not go 6-2 up even though it was quite an even game? Or were we playing them off the park?

Remember being 6-2 up but as to the rest of your question dunno still in shock seem to remember a vague recollection of the Motherwell goalkeeper playing in goal for us and Colin Nish scoring a hatrick
It all seems like a bad dream :dunno::greengrin

Smartie
29-11-2018, 09:55 AM
I agree with both sides on this one.

He's a good player who hasn't done enough for us this season although he has his reasons.

He needs to buck his ideas up soon though.