PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FLASHBACK | HIBERNIAN 2-1 RANGERS (2005)

RSS Bot
27-11-2018, 01:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9480)

The 90+2
27-11-2018, 01:03 PM
I remember coming away from that game thinking genuinely we where a better team than Rangers.

G15 Hibs
27-11-2018, 01:57 PM
"looped over the diving Zibi Malkowski"

Sounds familiar

eastterrace
27-11-2018, 02:02 PM
"looped over the diving Zibi Malkowski"

Sounds familiar

Yes there was quite a lot of looping over zibi . Who ever thought he was a goalkeeper must had a screw loose ( sorry tony) and to extend his contract .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
27-11-2018, 02:10 PM
I remember coming away from that game thinking genuinely we where a better team than Rangers.

We were miles better that day. 2-1 flattered them big time.

AgentDaleCooper
27-11-2018, 02:15 PM
13 years ago. **** me.

Joe6-2
27-11-2018, 02:17 PM
They scored with first shot on target too

The 90+2
27-11-2018, 03:02 PM
We were miles better that day. 2-1 flattered them big time.

Yep, Thommo and Broony completely ripped the arse our of them especially and they just couldn’t hand the pace and movement up top. One of the best performances I can remember against a very good huns team - a million times better than they are these days.

My_Wife_Camille
27-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Yep, Thommo and Broony completely ripped the arse our of them especially and they just couldn’t hand the pace and movement up top. One of the best performances I can remember against a very good huns team - a million times better than they are these days.
I get your point but my memory was of that Huns team being a bit of a laughing stock so I looked back to compare.

After that game they had only won 6 out of 16 games and were on 23 points while the current Huns team is already 4 points better off having played 3 fewer games.

I was more surprised to see that by mid-february that Huns team was on 43 points after 26 games while last seasons Pedro/Murty combination had them 6 points better off after the same number of games.

Obviously it's difficult to compare like for like but I did find it interesting

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-11-2018, 03:37 PM
O’connors finish was class.

The 90+2
27-11-2018, 03:51 PM
I get your point but my memory was of that Huns team being a bit of a laughing stock so I looked back to compare.

After that game they had only won 6 out of 16 games and were on 23 points while the current Huns team is already 4 points better off having played 3 fewer games.

I was more surprised to see that by mid-february that Huns team was on 43 points after 26 games while last seasons Pedro/Murty combination had them 6 points better off after the same number of games.

Whilst true the value in squads in Scottish football and especially the old, old firm where a lot lot better. That rangers team would be the best team in the league here and now.

And even if they had lost how many games, some of they games would have been against lesser sides who upped their game. I genuinely believed at that time they where less than us and we where a far better side than them, which for the money they where spending was incredible.

JeMeSouviens
27-11-2018, 04:11 PM

Was that still during GJP's time at the Hunnery or were they onto Le Guen?

Answering my own question - it was still GJP when we papped them out of the cup 0-3, so must've been him.

GGTTH07
27-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Highlights anywhere?

My_Wife_Camille
27-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Whilst true the value in squads in Scottish football and especially the old, old firm where a lot lot better. That rangers team would be the best team in the league here and now.

And even if they had lost how many games, some of they games would have been against lesser sides who upped their game. I genuinely believed at that time they where less than us and we where a far better side than them, which for the money they where spending was incredible.
My point wasn’t really to directly compare that team to the current team, it was more about comparing their standings in relation to the rest of Scottish football.

That Rangers team was one that was expected to win leagues and cups but underperformed spectacularly. The thought of finishing outside the top two was simply inconceivable whereas now it wouldn’t be that big a shock at all.

I guess what I’m saying is while they would probably be the best team in the league now, by ‘Old Rangers’ standards it was about as poor as a team as they had in many years

JeMeSouviens
27-11-2018, 08:18 PM
My point wasn’t really to directly compare that team to the current team, it was more about comparing their standings in relation to the rest of Scottish football.

That Rangers team was one that was expected to win leagues and cups but underperformed spectacularly. The thought of finishing outside the top two was simply inconceivable whereas now it wouldn’t be that big a shock at all.

I guess what I’m saying is while they would probably be the best team in the league now, by ‘Old Rangers’ standards it was about as poor as a team as they had in many years

Yep, they managed to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race.

The 90+2
28-11-2018, 12:06 AM

👍

Stuart93
28-11-2018, 12:09 AM

That hibs team would probably be the best in the league right now as well