PDA

View Full Version : I know it’s irrational.....

sauzee6_2
25-11-2018, 05:40 PM
But does anyone else cheer on anyone playing Wolves when that prick Matt Docherty is playing??

I have nothing against Wolves, but just feel he encapsulates everything that pisses me off at that time.

The 90+2
25-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Yep. Hate the tosser 👍

Here’s Lucy!
25-11-2018, 05:51 PM
He apologised.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2018, 05:52 PM
Just a daft laddie who made daft comments. Not the first stupid lad to be good at football, won't be the last.

I was more embarrassed by guys like Murray and O'Connor who were supposed to be our own.

lyonhibs
25-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Absolute knob, but one of my best mates out here is a Wolves fan. So I hope they win and Docherty has a stinker.

Lago
25-11-2018, 05:55 PM
But does anyone else cheer on anyone playing Wolves when that prick Matt Docherty is playing??

I have nothing against Wolves, but just feel he encapsulates everything that pisses me off at that time.

I like Wolves, he is playing well & apologized for his comments.

Scottie
25-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Just a daft laddie who made daft comments. Not the first stupid lad to be good at football, won't be the last.

I was more embarrassed by guys like Murray and O'Connor who were supposed to be our own.
:agree:

Here’s Lucy!
25-11-2018, 05:58 PM
I like Wolves, he is playing well & apologized for his comments.

:aok::top marks

Green Man
25-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Doherty has done well for my fantasy football team this year so I’m quite happy for him.

therealgavmac
25-11-2018, 07:11 PM
........ Sparky?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-11-2018, 07:59 PM
He apologised.

When?

Here’s Lucy!
26-11-2018, 05:10 PM
When?

I think it was the very next day after his outburst. To be honest, I can't really remember much of what he said!

Shrekko
26-11-2018, 05:19 PM
An apology went up on the official Wolves website.

Cannae believe folk holding a grudge after 6 years.

Been said already but the images of GOC and Ian Murray larking around in the background during the interviews had a worse effect!!

Hibbyradge
26-11-2018, 05:20 PM
He apologised.

Did he? I didn't see a report about that.

Here’s Lucy!
26-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Did he? I didn't see a report about that.

It was posted on the Wolves official site I think.

Hibbyradge
26-11-2018, 05:31 PM
It was posted on the Wolves official site I think.

Yeah, I read that above. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone posted a link on here.

Here’s Lucy!
26-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I read that above. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone posted a link on here.

I bet they did. I'll have a wee look see.

TheHarpy76
26-11-2018, 05:36 PM
I was more pissed off when I saw the pictures of O’Connor out on the town, the very same night, carrying on without a care in the world.

MSK
26-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Doherty loved it at hibs ...

Doherty said: “I’m proud to say I played for a club with the history such as Hibs and I’m very grateful to Pat Fenlon and the fans for the support they gave me up there. “I loved it and it has been a huge part in my development but my focus is now 100 per cent on playing for Wolves. I can’t wait to start back in pre-season, use everything I have learned and show the new manager what I am capable of.” Doherty’s appearances for Hibs didn’t go unnoticed in his homeland, the youngster having been placed on stand-by for the Republic of Ireland’s crucial Euro Under-21 qualifying clash with Italy next Monday. Doherty said: “I haven’t been picked yet, but hopefully the fact that I’ve been playing regularly for Hibs and helped them get into the Cup final will help my cause.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/no-chance-of-hibs-return-for-matt-doherty-1-2324708

The 90+2
26-11-2018, 06:27 PM
He loved a relegation battle and a Scottish cup defeat to our bigggest rivals? Highly dubious.

Mick O'Rourke
26-11-2018, 06:46 PM
He was a teenager contracted to one of England's most famous clubs.
He came on loan to develop his game.
I don't blame him personally at all for the mess we were in around that time,or the debacle that game turned out to be.
Some post match comments he may have made after that game seems to have angered some on here.
I never saw or read them.

I have never viewed or read any mention/report/video of that final.

And i never intend too !
So whatever i missed,will stay missed !

Maybe if the MD haters had just dragged the laddie up tae the tolbooth and pelted him with rotted fruit and veg.

That may have satisfied them !

Good luck to him.
He was a boy trying his best to further his football career.
He ain't doing too bad now.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Actually always quite liked Wolves …. probably because in a football system awash with clubs who didn't have the imagination to play in something that's wasn't red white or blue the play in amber.

As for Docherty …. I've practically forgotten the team we had on the park that day and there were guys out there who had a lot bigger connection to Hibs who probably let us down just as much, if not more, than he did. I cant say I'll ever have a soft spot for him, but perhaps its time to draw a line under it and just forget him.