Jon McLaughlin Yes
Charlie Mulgrew Yes
Kevin McDonald No
Stephen O'Donnell Yes
John McGinn No
Tierney Yes

Diclonius
25-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Which ones started? They in particular shouldn't expect automatic selection again - even Tierney.

JimboHibs
25-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Which ones started? They in particular shouldn't expect automatic selection again - even Tierney.

Thankfully it's not your choice.

You listened to McLeish when asked about the call offs ?

theonlywayisup
25-11-2018, 11:30 AM

Those who played all started and played the whole game, apart from Tierney who was subbed around the 65th minutes.

theonlywayisup
25-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Is there not a rule that a player can't be selected for the next club game if they pull out of an International?

CorrieHibs
25-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Tbf, the only ones I would want in the squad would be McGinn, Gordon (back up) and Tierney

JimboHibs
25-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Is there not a rule that a player can't be selected for the next club game if they pull out of an International?

There is.

None of them refused or called off.

Shrekko
25-11-2018, 11:45 AM

Tierney wanted to play, so a bit harsh!

Wilson
25-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Tierney wanted to play, so a bit harsh!

He said that. It is a question of whether you believe him.

I feel that playing for Scotland is a hiding to nothing and playing out of position for Scotland even more so. It is too easy for a player, who is used to winning, to find excuses not to turn up.

He was fit for his club game and said all the right things after others had dug in for the results Scotland needed.

I don't believe him. I don't trust his words. If you want to play then prove it and turn up.

davhibby
25-11-2018, 01:10 PM

I feel that playing for Scotland is a hiding to nothing and playing out of position for Scotland even more so. It is too easy for a player, who is used to winning, to find excuses not to turn up.

He was fit for his club game and said all the right things after others had dug in for the results Scotland needed.

I don't believe him. I don't trust his words. If you want to play then prove it and turn up.

Tierney did turn up. He picked up an injury whilst training with Scotland

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 01:33 PM
There is a rule whereby the relevant FA can forbid them playing in the next game, as was done recently by Northern Ireland.

The SFA would risk p1ssing off the players in question by actually doing that.

neil7908
25-11-2018, 03:25 PM

I'm sceptical as well. If it was a Celtic Champions League game rather than a match for his country I think he would have played.

He's unquestionably a good player but we have been trying to shoehorn him into the team and I'm not sure it worked. Robertson should be starting in his preferred position and Tierney shouldn't be getting bunged wherever just to get him in the side.

pacoluna
25-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Leigh Griffith's - yes

SChibs
25-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Leigh Griffith's - yes

I don't think he withdrew from the squad.

hibee_girl
25-11-2018, 03:59 PM
I don't think he withdrew from the squad.

He didn’t, he wasn’t called up to this one.

He pulled out the squad in October