PDA

View Full Version : Food in the ground!

Exuberance1875
25-11-2018, 09:08 AM
No chips due to technical difficulties! Total joke, said it before and I’ll say it again, we need to address this pronto!! Worst food services in the league!!

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 09:11 AM
No chips due to technical difficulties! Total joke, said it before and I’ll say it again, we need to address this pronto!! Worst food services in the league!!

Yep, that really is the most pressing issue for the club at the moment.

Can't manage to beat one of the two relegation candidates at home and haven't won a game in the last five? Pah, that's nothing, we don't have any chips!

Maybe if we get Scott Allan in January he could serve chips at half-time

BlackSheep
25-11-2018, 09:11 AM
I think there are bigger fish to fry at the moment (excuse the pun).

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 09:13 AM
I think there are bigger fish to fry at the moment (excuse the pun).

If we can't get chips, there's no chance fish are going to appear on the menu any time soon!

Petrie!!!!!!

:grr:

Jack
25-11-2018, 09:27 AM
When I read the title I thought it was going to be about Squirrel burying his nuts!

Jones28
25-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Is it necessary to start a new thread on this every week?

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 09:36 AM

It might not mean a lot to you or me, but Chips are important to some people ya know.

Northernhibee
25-11-2018, 09:38 AM

Can't manage to beat one of the two relegation candidates at home and haven't won a game in the last five? Pah, that's nothing, we don't have any chips!

Scott Allan would be firing out chips even if the order for chips wasn’t on.

Jones28
25-11-2018, 09:39 AM
It might not mean a lot to you or me, but Chips are important to some people ya know.

I get that, I really do. But have these people considered taking a nice apple to the game instead?

Jones28
25-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Scott Allan would be firing out chips even if the order for chips wasn’t on.

Scott Allan would slide-drill a poke of chips from kiosk right on to Maclarens toe.

Northernhibee
25-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Scott Allan would slide-drill a poke of chips from kiosk right on to Maclarens toe.

Nah, he’d give the chips right to the seagulls half the time.

Keith_M

And MacLaren would accidentally lob them straight into the bin.

Eyrie
Nah, he’d give the chips right to the seagulls half the time.

Reported …

… to the SSPCA.

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Reported …

… to the SSPCA.

Who'd pass it straight to the RSPB.

:wink:

EH54
25-11-2018, 09:54 AM
I went to Greggs yesterday before the game. Stop buying from the ground. Need more and more folk to boycott it.

Albanian Hibs
25-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Wee boys in front of me had chips, not once but twice 🤢

Pete
25-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Not sure why people are ridiculing the OP.

It’s definitely an area that could be improved.

BegbieHSC
25-11-2018, 10:06 AM

You’ve clearly never had a pie at Pittodrie mate

Dancehibs
25-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Pie stand we use in the West had no sign up. Wasted our time queuing. According to supervisor when web complained. It’s an issue with hibs and not allowed to fry chips

Dancehibs
25-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Do you seriously think people responsible for catering are responsible for player recruitment. Chief executive is responsible for all issues and catering is rubbish it needs sorted.

Jones28
25-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Do you seriously think people responsible for catering are responsible for player recruitment. Chief executive is responsible for all issues and catering is rubbish it needs sorted.

Is this serious? 😂😂😂

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Is this serious? ������

Sense of humour bypass?

(not you, him/her/they/it)

Fife-Hibee
25-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Paid £2.70 for 22oz of Cola. Instead got 22oz of tasteless mud water.

Jones28
25-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Sense of humour bypass?

(not you, him/her/they/it)

It's amazing what a draw with Dundee can do

silverhibee
25-11-2018, 11:26 PM
It should be boycotted at a game, it doesn't effect Hibs in any way, will maybe get the message over once and for all that we won't put up with the crap that is served to us, Leeann said she would improve the match day experience, catering is part of that. Get it sorted and stop bumming folk of of that you are doing something about it when it is obvious you aren't.

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2018, 02:23 AM
my pure white under-cooked sausage roll on sat was utterly horrible, half of it chucked in the bin, next time i WILL advise the supervisor what to do with it

Hermit Crab
26-11-2018, 06:43 AM
It should be boycotted at a game, it doesn't effect Hibs in any way, will maybe get the message over once and for all that we won't put up with the crap that is served to us, Leeann said she would improve the match day experience, catering is part of that. Get it sorted and stop bumming folk of of that you are doing something about it when it is obvious you aren't.

If Hibs don't make any money out of it then a boycott is the only way to get this sorted.

Hermit Crab
26-11-2018, 06:48 AM
my pure white under-cooked sausage roll on sat was utterly horrible, half of it chucked in the bin, next time i WILL advise the supervisor what to do with it

You're lucky it never made you ill.

One Day
26-11-2018, 06:55 AM

This

Hermit Crab
26-11-2018, 07:12 AM

Why not, we get the same threads about players every week. Just wait until the Lennon out threads start.

Jones28
26-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Why not, we get the same threads about players every week. Just wait until the Lennon out threads start.

This is chicken **** stuff and it's well advertised how crap the facilities are on here.

Vote with your feet and go to baynes or something instead of clogging up a football message board with gripes about ****ing chips.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2018, 07:42 AM
This is chicken **** stuff and it's well advertised how crap the facilities are on here.

Vote with your feet and go to baynes or something instead of clogging up a football message board with gripes about ****ing chips.

The thread title is obvious, don’t read if it annoys you so much.

Diclonius
26-11-2018, 08:22 AM
We have a 10+ pager on Hearts' ****ing finances and yet we apparently have too many threads complaining about the catering? Really?

I agree. It is awful. Haven't bought anything at the ground for probably about 7/8 years. I doubt Hibs will change it though, as they haven't responded to fan opinion on this for years.

CB_NO3
26-11-2018, 08:25 AM
You are a mug if you buy food at the ground like. Leith is full of great places to eat.

GreenCastle
26-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Food at the ground being awful.

PA / Tannoy at the ground being awful.

They don’t care sadly which is s shame as both would improve the match day experience.

Golden Bear
26-11-2018, 08:44 AM
The food is not great, granted, but at the same the size of the pre match and half time queues suggest that it really can't be that bad.

Bleeds green
26-11-2018, 09:13 AM
See if some folk don’t like a thread it’s pretty easy to just ignore it and not comment instead of having a go at the OP. The catering is crap has been for years I take my kids to the games and for extortionate prices I think I’m entitled to voice an opinion on the service and food being terrible. For those saying go to baynes etc, try telling a 5 and 7 year old who love there half time burger and chips or pizza and chips that there getting a stane cold baynes pie instead because somebody on .net said so

hibbyfraelibby
26-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Let me guess...we didn't beat the bottom team in the league at home so cue all the mumpers bumping their gums about

1. The PA System
2. Quality of the Pies
3. Nae chips.
4. West Stand gates
5. The ref

But not a word on the midfield deficiencies, the woeful defending or the lack of Scott Allan.

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Saturday Boy
26-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Let me guess...we didn't beat the bottom team in the league at home so cue all the mumpers bumping their gums about

1. The PA System
2. Quality of the Pies
3. Nae chips.
4. West Stand gates
5. The ref

But not a word on the midfield deficiencies, the woeful defending or the lack of Scott Allan.

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

You mean apart from the threads titled “Midfield” , “Urgent- Scott Allan” and “Mallan and McLaren” ?

Bostonhibby
26-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Food at the ground being awful.

PA / Tannoy at the ground being awful.

They don’t care sadly which is s shame as both would improve the match day experience.Luckily enough we've got fans reps. Things you'd have thought we could see some action/improvements on.

Got to say I just don't buy the food when I'm up. A couple of hours without rubbish overpriced food ain't a great hardship. Not Why I go to Easter Road or any other sporting event.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GordonHFC
26-11-2018, 11:19 AM
I get that, I really do. But have these people considered taking a nice apple to the game instead?

No because it would probably be classed as a lethal weapon by the gestapo outside checking the bags.

JXM73
26-11-2018, 11:22 AM
I got a steak pie n bovril from west stand, was actually pretty good and service was fine....

Keith_M
26-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Granted there are big queues at the kiosks, but that's mostly because they're a) understaffed, and b) really slow.

When it's cold, I sometimes go for a coffee but that might mean waiting 15 minutes to get served, or going down well before half-time, so it seems like a waste of time (plus possibly missing part of the game)

AgentDaleCooper
26-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Not sure why people are ridiculing the OP.

It’s definitely an area that could be improved.

the way some folk talk to the catering staff could also be improved IMO.

70hibby
26-11-2018, 02:34 PM
I got a steak pie n bovril from west stand, was actually pretty good and service was fine....

Snap but in the FF, was quite tasty - but the daughter asked for a Pepperoni pizza and so i took that on their payment plan !

GreenCastle
26-11-2018, 02:40 PM

1. The PA System
2. Quality of the Pies
3. Nae chips.
4. West Stand gates
5. The ref

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Nah there has been threads about these issue for months with no improvement.

The service, food on offer and prices are crap.

I don’t eat / buy anything anymore but when I occasionally came straight from work or wanted a cup of tea on a cold day you would except it to be reasonable.

The PA system is just terrible and I’m amazed since the stadium was finished they have never sorted it.

Jones28
26-11-2018, 07:09 PM
The thread title is obvious, don’t read if it annoys you so much.

I get that, but with all the negativity around the team for the last few weeks is there not enough to gripe about?

Ryan69
26-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Looks like pc plod is back.

This site is really becoming a joke.

If your not interested in the topic....dont f"ing look at it!

Famous Fiver
26-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Upside of the crap food debate is that we have not had a seagull thread for a while.

The seagulls know what's going on!!!

staunchhibby
26-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Yep they know it's poor quality goods.😉

Jones28
26-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Looks like pc plod is back.

This site is really becoming a joke.

If your not interested in the topic....dont f"ing look at it!

Yepp, been told that cheers, see my earlier response 👍🏻

Colr
26-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Food in Wembley is dreadful as well. Burgers are like a tramps insole garnished with kitten sick.

IWasThere2016
26-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Food in Wembley is dreadful as well. Burgers are like a tramps insole garnished with kitten sick.

Yup.Vile.

Jackh
28-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Got to be one for frank and Tracey to take forward. Issues like no chips really do hamper the match day experience. I heard a child say to his father that they shouldn’t return until these issues are sorted. Not really helping get young fans into the game.

DarlingtonHibee
28-11-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm sure they will have raised it at board meeting, but realistically they will have little say.

Jackh
28-11-2018, 11:45 AM
I'm sure they will have raised it at board meeting, but realistically they will have little say.

Frank has said numerously that they have an equal say with everyone else on the board. I feel like as we are not being listened, this really makes a mockery of the whole “fans reps” idea. Poor from the club imo

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2018, 01:08 PM
We shouldn’t be eating rubbish like chips. Would like to see a menu composed of tofu, quinoa, kale and spinach

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Frank has said numerously that they have an equal say with everyone else on the board. I feel like as we are not being listened, this really makes a mockery of the whole “fans reps” idea. Poor from the club imo

The chances are that the club are locked into the catering contract, and can't do much until it's up for renewal. The best they can do in that situation is to tell the caterers what the fans are saying, with a warning that the contract may not be renewed.

Kojock
28-11-2018, 03:31 PM
The chances are that the club are locked into the catering contract, and can't do much until it's up for renewal. The best they can do in that situation is to tell the caterers what the fans are saying, with a warning that the contract may not be renewed.

I understand what you are saying about being locked into a contract but surely giving the amount of complaints regarding the fare on offer Hibs would be entitled to cancel the contract without penalty.

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2018, 03:35 PM
I understand what you are saying about being locked into a contract but surely giving the amount of complaints regarding the fare on offer Hibs would be entitled to cancel the contract without penalty.

I've no idea what the contract says on that.

Scouse Hibee
28-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Just how many complaints are there?
Maybe not so many actually reach the club and those that do represent a very small percentage of actual customers served. Not saying this is the reason but it could be.

Bristolhibby
29-11-2018, 07:09 AM
See if some folk don’t like a thread it’s pretty easy to just ignore it and not comment instead of having a go at the OP. The catering is crap has been for years I take my kids to the games and for extortionate prices I think I’m entitled to voice an opinion on the service and food being terrible. For those saying go to baynes etc, try telling a 5 and 7 year old who love there half time burger and chips or pizza and chips that there getting a stane cold baynes pie instead because somebody on .net said so

TBH I’ve been there feeding kids in the ground. But I’ve always found half time a bit weird time to eat.

15:45 - too late for lunch and too early for dinner.

I try and feed the kids a big lunch circa 12, then there is no need for anything until later.

J

Kojock
29-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Maybe not so many actually reach the club and those that do represent a very small percentage of actual customers served. Not saying this is the reason but it could be.

That could be correct, surely if the company was receiving numerous complaints after every match and people are voting with their feet then they would be running at a loss and therefore take steps to improve things.

Jack
29-11-2018, 11:56 AM

The club read the forums. They know what's on offer isn't good enough.

The crap food has been complained about since before the Leeann Dynasty. Contracts have come and gone numerous times over the years and there's still no improvement.

Northernhibee
29-11-2018, 12:44 PM
I’ll take over. Canon of lamb with Jerusalem artichoke purée, lamb rump croquettes, tempura spring onion and a lamb jus

That and an irn bru :hyper

G15 Hibs
29-11-2018, 01:01 PM
I bought a pie in the East Stand on Saturday at ten to three. I didn't have to queue and the pie did everything I expected of it. If I'd gone later or at half-time I'd have had to wait, but I'd have expected that. I probably paid at least double what I would for a similar pie elsewhere but I accept this.

I'd imagine this is most folks' experience of the catering at pretty much every football ground in the country and why there's no avalanche of complaints and why things pretty much continue as they always have been. There are wee annoyances but nothing worth getting het-up over.

However I don't underestimate the hassle of trying to pacify kids who don't get their chips!

Famous Fiver
29-11-2018, 04:28 PM
If the pie was that good why did it not notch a couple of goals before half time to put us on easy street?

Scouse Hibee
29-11-2018, 07:44 PM

The crap food has been complained about since before the Leeann Dynasty. Contracts have come and gone numerous times over the years and there's still no improvement.

Which kind of proves my point that the forums do not represent actual complaints to the club and are only a small percentage in relation to actual sales.

G15 Hibs
30-11-2018, 08:44 AM
If the pie was that good why did it not notch a couple of goals before half time to put us on easy street?

They pie was adequate, not great, much like Hibs up to that point. Unfortunately it left me with a touch of indigestion in the second half, again much like Hibs.

PatHead
30-11-2018, 08:55 AM

The club signed into a long term contract before Leeann arrived. I am sure it expires next year but I could be a year out.

The club regularly raise complaints with the providers but it is true that they do not receive a massive amount of complaints compared to the amount of moaning on here.

Suppose the more complaints the better.

BILLYHIBS
30-11-2018, 08:58 AM
The away fans will have no complaints at Killie on Saturday

davhibby
30-11-2018, 09:26 AM
The away fans will have no complaints at Killie on Saturday

They don't sell the real killie pies anymore, fell out with the bakers

BILLYHIBS
30-11-2018, 09:27 AM
They don't sell the real killie pies anymore, fell out with the bakers
Stand by what I posted 😂

hibsbollah
30-11-2018, 09:32 AM
I’ll take over. Canon of lamb with Jerusalem artichoke purée, lamb rump croquettes, tempura spring onion and a lamb jus

That and an irn bru :hyper

If those clunts run out of ox cheek reduction again before half time I swear I'll do time :grr:

.Sean.
30-11-2018, 09:32 AM
How come after numerous suppliers the pizza has never changed? It’s been the same pizza for 20 years

Peevemor
30-11-2018, 09:33 AM
How come after numerous suppliers the pizza has never changed? It’s been the same pizza for 20 years

They must have bought a job lot.

G15 Hibs
30-11-2018, 09:34 AM

Must be some size of pizza, but surely getting a wee bit fusty now.

One Day Soon
30-11-2018, 09:37 AM
My advice to anyone concerned about the supply of food in the ground, if not perhaps the quality, is to prepare well in advance.

I reproduced about 12 years ago and as a result my son comes to the games with me. At some point in the first half he disappears off to a kiosk and comes back with the necessary crap. I don't have to queue or miss having something to eat/drink and then complain about.

This method has the side bonus of increasing the size of our support.

So, get 5hagging.

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2018, 07:16 PM
No chips today!

:wtf:

LancashireHibby
22-12-2018, 09:10 PM
No chips today!

There weren’t any on Wednesday either (or that was the case in West Lower towards the north, at least)

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2018, 09:13 PM
No chips today!

:wtf:Plenty in the East [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
22-12-2018, 09:14 PM
No chips today!

Its a pre Christmas health initiative.

Hermit Crab
23-12-2018, 01:09 AM
Check the fat caannts moaning about no chips. :greengrin

CMurdoch
23-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Plenty in the East [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Chips only for the uber fans in the East.

CMurdoch
23-12-2018, 01:21 AM
My advice to anyone concerned about the supply of food in the ground, if not perhaps the quality, is to prepare well in advance.

I reproduced about 12 years ago and as a result my son comes to the games with me. At some point in the first half he disappears off to a kiosk and comes back with the necessary crap. I don't have to queue or miss having something to eat/drink and then complain about.

So, get 5hagging.

:greengrin might just work

Keyser Sauzee
23-12-2018, 02:06 AM

So, get 5hagging.

Ur wish is my command 😬