PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

weecounty hibby
25-11-2018, 08:47 AM
Anyone got any idea how long he is out for? Yesterday showed how much we miss him when he's injured. Our right hand side looked dodgy all afternoon. Big miss and can't wait till he's back

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Need him back ASAP hope the rumour about him falling out with Lennon is keek.

jeffers
25-11-2018, 11:44 AM
If NL is here next season I very much doubt David Gray will be. No inside knowledge I just get the impression NL would rather go with other options. At the AGM is was clear NL didn't think much of David Gray being referred to as Sir.

wookie70
25-11-2018, 11:49 AM
If Lennon leads us to the Scottish Cup he can get a Hibs Knighthood too. SDG is the best captain we have had for decades. I think we have tried 5 since he has been out injured, Efe, Marv, Lewis, Milligan and Hanlon, and we have not looked like a team and have look leaderless on and off the park. The passion is nowhere near as evident in the team or Lennon

Keyser Sauzee
25-11-2018, 11:54 AM
If NL is here next season I very much doubt David Gray will be. No inside knowledge I just get the impression NL would rather go with other options. At the AGM is was clear NL didn't think much of David Gray being referred to as Sir.

What did he say at the AGM?

offshorehibby
25-11-2018, 11:56 AM

Don't think that's the case when SDG is fit Lennon plays him. Lennons comment at the AGM was based on his fitness.

hfc rd
25-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Badly miss his leadership on the park. Hope he’s back soon, especially with this very busy December schedule.

Shanksaidno
25-11-2018, 11:57 AM
If Neil Lennon goes head to head with SDG, I know who will come out best ... SDG is a key part of the club and its feel good factor

Wilson
25-11-2018, 12:02 PM
If Neil Lennon goes head to head with SDG, I know who will come out best ... SDG is a key part of the club and its feel good factor

Nobody. We all lose because we don't need that sort of disharmony behind the scenes.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2018, 12:06 PM
With the likes of Gray and McGreggor missing yesterday and McGinn gone I found myself questioning who was going to take things by the scruff of the neck and drag us through the game. The answer was nobody really although Efe gave it a go.

We need other players to step up to the plate and show a bit of the grit and leadership someone like Gray has. He was a big miss and not just for his football ability.

danhibees1875
25-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Don't think that's the case when SDG is fit Lennon plays him. Lennons comment at the AGM was based on his fitness.

That's how I interpreted it also. No ill feelings between the 2, just Lennon raising questions about SDG's fitness and how that was impacting his new contract - similar to last year's comments about McGeoch at the AGM.

jeffers
25-11-2018, 12:13 PM
What did he say at the AGM?

He was asked about players who would be out of contract in the summer being offered new deals. in particular the guy asking said Sir David Gray. NL said he needed to string more than a few games together before that would be considered. I'm maybe wrong but I got the impression NL didn't like him being referred to as Sir + he's often went with other options even when DG has been fit.

Like I said I have no inside knowledge I just don't think he'll be offered a new deal. I hope I'm wrong.

hibbydog
25-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Sir David is the heart and soul of our club. What he did on 21/05/16 still makes me jump around the living room.

But there’s so much more to him than a winning goal. He was down injured 5 minutes before. He’s a leader of men. He gives us an out ball on the right that nobody else does.

Yes, he has his limitations as a footballer, but I don’t see anyone else in our squad digging in like he does when the going gets tough.

And if there’s a better right back out there within our budget, I’m all ears

offshorehibby
25-11-2018, 12:47 PM
That's how I interpreted it also. No ill feelings between the 2, just Lennon raising questions about SDG's fitness and how that was impacting his new contract - similar to last year's comments about McGeoch at the AGM.

I believe he'll get a new contract but think it will be maybe on slightly reduced terms.

Lago
25-11-2018, 12:48 PM

And rightly so, frankly he has had a lot of time off due to injury, plus recovery gets harder at his age.

Lemonade
25-11-2018, 12:51 PM
He was asked about players who would be out of contract in the summer being offered new deals. in particular the guy asking said Sir David Gray. NL said he needed to string more than a few games together before that would be considered. I'm maybe wrong but I got the impression NL didn't like him being referred to as Sir + he's often went with other options even when DG has been fit.

Like I said I have no inside knowledge I just don't think he'll be offered a new deal. I hope I'm wrong.

I’m sure I have heard Lennon referring to Sir David as Sir David in the past.

DarlingtonHibee
25-11-2018, 12:51 PM

I think his comments were a bit tongue in cheek at the agm.

heretoday
25-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Gray is sorely missed. He can keep the others up to the mark. Dangerous at corners too!

Lancs Harp
25-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Gray is sorely missed. He can keep the others up to the mark. Dangerous at corners too!

Gray is also a leader and an inspiration, something that is distinctly lacking currently when he's not on the park.

I'm Spartacus
26-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Anybody who supports the club or is employed in any capacity by the club that thinks we would be better off without SDG needs to be launched.

SDG is what we are all about, and he is that more than anybody else.

Bostonhibby
26-11-2018, 01:08 PM
Anybody who supports the club or is employed in any capacity by the club that thinks we would be better off without SDG needs to be launched.

SDG is what we are all about, and he is that more than anybody else.Nail, hammer,heid[emoji106]

But I include Lewis and Paul.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KWJ
26-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Sir David is the heart and soul of our club. What he did on 21/05/16 still makes me jump around the living room.

But there’s so much more to him than a winning goal. He was down injured 5 minutes before. He’s a leader of men. He gives us an out ball on the right that nobody else does.

Yes, he has his limitations as a footballer, but I don’t see anyone else in our squad digging in like he does when the going gets tough.

And if there’s a better right back out there within our budget, I’m all ears

We are the heart and soul of the club.

The Harp
26-11-2018, 04:04 PM
For me, (Sir) David Gray is probably the most influential and inspirational player at the Club. Hope to hell he's back in the side just as soon as poss. We're just not the same without him imo.

B.H.F.C
26-11-2018, 04:13 PM

SDG is what we are all about, and he is that more than anybody else.

Whilst I don’t think David Gray should necesarilly be emptied, he does need to put together a consistent run of games.

I think he only played about a dozen games last season and even when he’s started games this season, he’s failed to complete 90 minutes quite a few times. That’s no good to us. Needs to prove his fitness in the second half of the season. I hope he can because, forgetting who he is for a minute, he was our best player by a mile when he was playing this season IMO.

I'm Spartacus
27-11-2018, 08:20 AM
I'd also add to this that for me SDG should be drilling home what Hibs mean to the younger players coming through the youth set-up in the hope we have more players fighting for the badge.

calumhibee1
27-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Whilst I don’t think David Gray should necesarilly be emptied, he does need to put together a consistent run of games.

I think he only played about a dozen games last season and even when he’s started games this season, he’s failed to complete 90 minutes quite a few times. That’s no good to us. Needs to prove his fitness in the second half of the season. I hope he can because, forgetting who he is for a minute, he was our best player by a mile when he was playing this season IMO.

Definitely. Forgetting his heroics previously, his performances this season have been outstanding. Just a shame he’s not been available nearly often enough.

Forza Fred
27-11-2018, 08:54 AM
I am eternally grateful to David Gray for his cup winning header, but reality, not sentiment should prevail when it comes to future playing requirements surely.

David has been repeatedly missing through injury, and if that is not a sign that his career is waning and not waxing, I don’t know what is.

There is a place in the team for David when fit, but a couple of games and it seems he is injured again.

Next season I expect him to be elsewhere , to be honest.

Sad perhaps, but possibly necessary if he struggles again for fitness.

Lago
27-11-2018, 11:24 AM
I am eternally grateful to David Gray for his cup winning header, but reality, not sentiment should prevail when it comes to future playing requirements surely.

David has been repeatedly missing through injury, and if that is not a sign that his career is waning and not waxing, I don’t know what is.

There is a place in the team for David when fit, but a couple of games and it seems he is injured again.

Next season I expect him to be elsewhere , to be honest.

Sad perhaps, but possibly necessary if he struggles again for fitness.
Sad but Spot on.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2018, 11:40 AM
He should be given a lifelong contract. I don't want to contemplate a club without David Gray.

Golden Bear
27-11-2018, 11:44 AM
He should be given a lifelong contract. I don't want to contemplate a club without David Gray.

:agree:

The sentimental auld fool in me agrees.

His latest injury was almost "self inflicted" in so far as there was absolutely no need for him to make the tackle he did in the closing seconds of the game. But there again, that's the competitive instinct of the great man.

heretoday
27-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Get well soon Sir David. You're country needs you.

Weegreenman
27-11-2018, 07:19 PM
SDG we salute you :not worth

Joe6-2
27-11-2018, 07:35 PM
So, how long is he out for?

The 90+2
27-11-2018, 08:29 PM
SDG is the beat of the club. On and off the pitch. If the season progresses like it is there is no danger Lennon will ditch him. If anyone wants a charity (Dnipro) bet against our captain being at the club when our manager is gone i will gladly smash £20 on.

HibeeHibernian4
28-11-2018, 12:57 AM
Such a needless tackle to make when we were four goals clear against Hamilton Accies in October. I admire his dedication to still go into the challenge, but it's really cost us.

CMurdoch
28-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Such a needless tackle to make when we were four goals clear against Hamilton Accies in October. I admire his dedication to still go into the challenge, but it's really cost us.

He made the tackle on the halfway line right in front of me.
It was madness, especially at 4-0.
Could cost him a new contract.
Hope not as he has been top notch this season.

hfc rd
09-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Anyone know when he will be back?

Could certainly do with him back soon especially with fixtures against Celtic, The Rangers x2 & Hearts coming up. Badly miss his leadership on the pitch

Crab apple
09-12-2018, 01:10 PM
We’re a better team when SDG plays. He’s a leader and that’s something we seem to be lacking at times this season. SDG and SJM both gave us a lot of drive last season.

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2018, 01:27 PM
We’re a better team when SDG plays. He’s a leader and that’s something we seem to be lacking at times this season. SDG and SJM both gave us a lot of drive last season.Gray hardly played last season.

we are hibs
09-12-2018, 01:31 PM
What is going on with him? Meant to be back for killie then woke up and didn't feel right so he missed out, not risked against st.mirren so I assume he was out yesterday because of the plastic pitch risk and that he hasn't had a reoccurencd of the injury? We could do with him on Sunday. It's a big game for mavrias to make only his 3rd start in.

Ronniekirk
09-12-2018, 01:36 PM
What is going on with him? Meant to be back for killie then woke up and didn't feel right so he missed out, not risked against st.mirren so I assume he was out yesterday because of the plastic pitch risk and that he hasn't had a reoccurencd of the injury? We could do with him on Sunday. It's a big game for mavrias to make only his 3rd start in.

Am sure it was reported his muscles tightened up so he was pulled from Killie Squad The Club then said they.needed to get to the bottom of what the issue was So not sure where we are with this. now But no sense in playing him and he. needs to come off And with fixture list coming up he. Weds to be 100 % but yet needs game time to get match fit so it's. Catch 22 situation with him

Crab apple
09-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Gray hardly played last season.

12 appearances and four assists. Doesn’t change my opinion that we’re a better team when he plays.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2018, 04:18 PM
12 appearances and four assists. Doesn’t change my opinion that we’re a better team when he plays.Maybe not but our best form was without him. He missed 31 league games

Crab apple
10-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Maybe not but our best form was without him. He missed 31 league games

Last season he played 12 times and we won 7, lost 2 and drew 3.

This season he has played 7 games and we've won 6 and drawn the other one. And he has scored three goals.

The point I'm trying to make is that we are a better team when David Gray plays. The stats seem to back this up.

jacomo
10-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Last season he played 12 times and we won 7, lost 2 and drew 3.

This season he has played 7 games and we've won 6 and drawn the other one. And he has scored three goals.

The point I'm trying to make is that we are a better team when David Gray plays. The stats seem to back this up.

He was certainly doing it for us start of this season. A big miss.

We played three at the back a lot last term, and had other options. With a back 4 SDG is an important player.

Onceinawhile
10-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I'm starting to worry he doesn't exist and that 21 may 2016 was all a dream.

BILLYHIBS
10-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Has made 10 appearances so far this season 2 of them as a sub and has scored 5 goals

He is like an extra forward for us this season