PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

Stuart93
25-11-2018, 01:13 AM
This is lennons team now, Mcginn McGeoch & you could argue Allan was stubbs’ midfield. He hasn’t brought anywhere near enough quality in.

Tornadoes70
25-11-2018, 01:23 AM
This is lennons team now, Mcginn McGeoch & you could argue Allan was stubbs’ midfield. He hasn’t brought anywhere near enough quality in.

Sounds similar to a Professor taking a class raising a question then stating - discuss.

Are you seriously expecting a barrage of posts criticising Lenny?

Lenny's a winner whose won trophy's and medals unlike Levein. He'll get us back on track and back to winning ways. Gaun yersel Lenny!

:nlgwa

Stuart93
25-11-2018, 01:25 AM
Sounds similar to a Professor taking a class raising a question then stating - discuss.

Lenny's a winner whose won trophy's and medals unlike Levein. He'll get us back on track and back to winning ways. Gaun yersel Lenny!

Not expecting a barrage of abuse aimed towards Lenny but we were over run in midfield by the supposed worse team in the league today? I’m ****ing worried

Forza Fred
25-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Not expecting a barrage of abuse aimed towards Lenny but we were over run in midfield by the supposed worse team in the league today? I’m ****ing worried

I think we’d both be surprised if you weren’t worried.

DetroitHibs
25-11-2018, 02:34 AM
We started the season with a much weaker squad than we finished last season. Our recruitment is upside down if you ask me. We target players that can't get a game for there current team and expect results :confused: I'd rather target players from the lower leagues that are lighting it up and have to pay a fee for.

J-C
25-11-2018, 04:25 AM

What did he win at Leicester? Anyone can win medals at Celtic and a half decent manager can do the same there also, just look at Ronnie Dahlia ffs.

.Sean.
25-11-2018, 06:15 AM
What did he win at Leicester? Anyone can win medals at Celtic and a half decent manager can do the same there also, just look at Ronnie Dahlia ffs.
What did he win at Leicester, minus the two League Cups?

J-C
25-11-2018, 06:40 AM
What did he win at Leicester, minus the two League Cups?

Against the mighty Middlesbrough and Tranmere, league cup down there isn't seen as much, hence why big clubs play their 2nd string players. Lennon was a good decent pro but only came to prominence up here when he joined Celtic. Until then he was just another decent solid midfielder plying his trade in England.

Smartie
25-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Against the mighty Middlesbrough and Tranmere, league cup down there isn't seen as much, hence why big clubs play their 2nd string players. Lennon was a good decent pro but only came to prominence up here when he joined Celtic. Until then he was just another decent solid midfielder plying his trade in England.

Lennon was a very effective player who had a good career. You can never scoff at anyone winning a medal for a club outside of the top clubs on either side of the border.

J-C
25-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Lennon was a very effective player who had a good career. You can never scoff at anyone winning a medal for a club outside of the top clubs on either side of the border.

Not saying he wasn't a good pro, being up here at Celtic and also being their manager is maybe clouding people's judgement of him, is it possible he's not as good as people think he is.

Nicho87
25-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Slivka
Whittaker
Eardly
Nelom
Marvais
Big Dave Lithuanian boy
Bryan Graham
simon Murray
Horgan

All for me poor signings

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Not saying he wasn't a good pro, being up here at Celtic and also being their manager is maybe clouding people's judgement of him, is it possible he's not ad good as people think he is.He isn't the messiah he's made out to be by some on here...look at his record for us v Aberdeen and St J - constantly gets outdone by Mcinnes and Wright. Yet we keep hearing how he's our best manager in 30 years - nonsense.

His recruitment last summer is questionable however whether that's his fault or the boards or indeed George Craig - who knows...

This is indeed Lennons team and it's the first real test of his tenure at Hibs....let's see if he can arrest this slump...

It looks to me like he has no idea what his strongest 11 is and for me in many big games he gets his starting 11 wrong completely. Games that spring to mind are both cup semis at Hampden under Lennon, most matches at Tiny particularly last May when he dropped Jamie Mac and Celtic away a few weeks ago to name a few.

For me he's a decent manager yes but nowhere near as good as many think he is including the media

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beefster
25-11-2018, 07:52 AM

I feel a bit daft pointing this out but Leicester had to play some other games to reach those finals. Either way, within a few years either side of Leicester’s cup wins, the league cup was won by the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.

Slivka
Whittaker
Eardly
Nelom
Marvais
Big Dave Lithuanian boy
Bryan Graham
simon Murray
Horgan

All for me poor signings

Further up in the thread, Stubbs was getting the credit for Allan resigning on loan in January. I’d like to think we can extend that and give Bobby Williamson the credit for Whittaker resigning.

Islington Hibs
25-11-2018, 08:06 AM

Yes. I think he is very over-rated. Sure second half last season was excellent but I remain unconvinced. Not his fault he lost Stubbs midfield but the recruitment has been very average. I am also unsure about his temperament. Takes a lot personally and over-reacts to criticism then wares his badge on his sleeve in an over the top fashion, rather than confidently getting on with the job. I hope I am wrong but I think our relationship with him will end in tears. The Christmas window is critical for him and that does not mean there should be panic measures, which would compound the error, but we need to find a team that gels and fast.

cleanyman
25-11-2018, 08:08 AM
Does anyone remember the 20 minute video on the Daily Record website ? George Craig talking about recruitment and how we do this and that.

Well it's no very good at the moment is it

The Modfather
25-11-2018, 08:56 AM
As good a thread to ask as any. Are Nelom and Mavrias injured? Not up to match fitness yet? Or simply not being selected? Or a combination of these?

calumhibee1
25-11-2018, 09:08 AM
As good a thread to ask as any. Are Nelom and Mavrias injured? Not up to match fitness yet? Or simply not being selected? Or a combination of these?

The curse of the back up full back at Hibs. We’ve signed loads of these guys recently who never get a look in. Even stranger with these two though as they come with decent pedigree.