PDA

View Full Version : Give Slivka a run of games

HAZ2000
24-11-2018, 07:29 PM
That is all

Fife-Hibee
24-11-2018, 07:31 PM
It would be nice to see him run in a game.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Couldn't agree more. He does this amazing thing where he takes the ball, lifts his head and passes it to another player on his team. Desperately needed that today.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Couldn't agree more. He does this amazing thing where he takes the ball, lifts his head and passes it to another player on his team. Desperately needed that today.
Like Scott Allan you mean?

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 07:34 PM

Yeah, he also does that. Although he plays a riskier game. Allan gives it away alot too. Slivka is always available, plays nice little passes to move us between the lines. We'd be a better team with both of them starting

04Sauzee
24-11-2018, 07:37 PM
I'll be honest and wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on in January or the end of the season. Not a player I rate highly. I understand others do and that's the beauty of football it's all about opinions.

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Up to him to earn a place. Doesn't do enough imo.

hibbyfraelibby
24-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Does more than Horgan...

SRHibs
24-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Has he ever played 2 consecutive games in central midfield? Even after we humped Hamilton he got dropped.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 07:44 PM
The fact Slivka can’t hold down a consistent place in this midfield doesn’t say much for him.

Has the attributes to be a good player. Don’t know if it’s a mental thing or what. But there is something missing.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 07:45 PM
Has he ever played 2 consecutive games in central midfield? Even after we humped Hamilton he got dropped.

No he never. Started out of position at Parkhead but moved more central after 25 minutes. Then played in middle of the park in the derby.

Weegreenman
24-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Lenny signed him but he’s never actually fancied him as a starter. I personally don’t think Slivka has what it takes but I’m willing to give him a chance. Desperate times.

SRHibs
24-11-2018, 07:48 PM
No he never. Started out of position at Parkhead but moved more central after 25 minutes. Then played in middle of the park in the derby.

Yeah I’m wrong, apologies. As you say he started as a WB and by the time the formation got shifted the game was getting out of hand.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Agree. He doesn’t just deserve a place for the sake of it. He’s obviously not showing enough in training. And he’s definitely not offering enough on the pitch when he gets a chance.

HappyAsHellas
24-11-2018, 07:50 PM
His best performances all have been in the centre of midfield which is his natural position. That's why Lennon always tries to play him on the right side.

Golden Bear
24-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Fur coat and nae drawers. He's had numerous chances and very rarely impresses.

Hibee Mac
24-11-2018, 08:04 PM
I'd start Slivka over Mallan in the centre. Why do we insist on playing Mallan there? Correct me if I'm wrong but that has never been his position so why is Lennon intent on changing that and sticking with it when it clearly isn't working?

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 08:05 PM
I'd start Slivka over Mallan in the centre. Why do we insist on playing Mallan there? Correct me if I'm wrong but that has never been his position so why is Lennon intent on changing that and sticking with it when it clearly isn't working?

Yep, Slivka and Milligan with Mallan ahead of them (where Horgan was playing today)

The 90+2
24-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Even when carrying a knock?

The Modfather
24-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Slivka gets better the longer he’s out of the team. He’s not a bad player, neat and tidy, but doesn’t really have much of an influence on a game, good or bad.

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Slivka gets better the longer he’s out of the team. He’s not a bad player, neat and tidy, but doesn’t really have much of an influence on a game, good or bad.

I think he has played in all of our best games this season so must have some influence

Sammy7nil
24-11-2018, 08:19 PM
If Silvka is the answer we are asking the wrong question :greengrin

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 08:27 PM
If Silvka is the answer we are asking the wrong question :greengrin

:agree:

J-C
24-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Hes a decent player and much better than Horgan and Hyndman, obviously not doing enough in training.

Nicho87
24-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Slivka should be shown the door in January

CLASS OF 72 -73
24-11-2018, 08:40 PM
That is all
Maybe but up to now shows flashes of quality but poor consistency.

Robbo6-2
24-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Slivka can't get on in a bang average team

He's hopeless

Godsahibby
24-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Is he not injured? After a decent perforce at Aberdeen he wasn’t involved with Lithuania midweek and no where today.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Best midfielder we have provided he's played in his strongest position.

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Is he not injured? After a decent perforce at Aberdeen he wasn’t involved with Lithuania midweek and no where today.

He was on the bench today

Onceinawhile
24-11-2018, 09:36 PM
He's not very good.

Thoroughly average when he's on song, useless when he isn't. He's on song very rarely.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Best midfielder we have provided he's played in his strongest position.

I just can’t for the life of me see what that’s based on. Ever since he signed there’s been a lot of people have claimed he’s a very good player yet he’s hardly ever shown anything more than bang average.

Borderhibbie76
24-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Does more than Horgan...And Mallan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 10:22 PM
He's not very good.

Thoroughly average when he's on song, useless when he isn't. He's on song very rarely.

Far better than average many times.

Onceinawhile
24-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Far better than average many times.

Celtic at home last season after the split and...

Lancs Harp
24-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Lets face it fellas we are struggling in midfield, whatever combination we play with our present players. It has to be our priority come the January window. Some of those players may well fit into our midfield but need a better player or two around them. I think Milligan has something to offer but certainly had a bad day at the office today (maybe one for the notebook, Neil, dont play an aging Milligan after flying back from the other side of the world, the following weekend, he simply couldn't manage it). When your one consistently performing midfielder has an off day its going to show and today it certainly did.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Celtic at home last season after the split and...

Rangers 3-2
Asteras 3-2
Dundee 3-0
Hamilton 6-0

Been others as well. Was good in the 5-5 draw. Never gets a run in his right position, had injury problems, young lad in a new country.

It's strange because Porteous Vs Aberdeen and today was poorer than Slivka has ever been. Mallan was very poor today and has been for weeks. Why is Slivka singled out when at worst he's okay.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Rangers 3-2
Asteras 3-2
Dundee 3-0
Hamilton 6-0

Been others as well. Was good in the 5-5 draw. Never gets a run in his right position, had injury problems, young lad in a new country.

It's strange because Porteous Vs Aberdeen and today was poorer than Slivka has ever been. Mallan was very poor today and has been for weeks. Why is Slivka singled out when at worst he's okay.

Porteous wasn’t great today but Slivka has been utterly honking on numerous occasions. He’s definitely not been at least ok every time he’s played or he’d be playing more often.

Hi Heid Yin
24-11-2018, 10:48 PM
I've never witnessed a player be talked-up by so many fellow Hibbies, yet, when he does get a game, fail to deliver time after time after time.
For me, moving him on should not even be in question.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 10:49 PM
Porteous wasn’t great today but Slivka has been utterly honking on numerous occasions. He’s definitely not been at least ok every time he’s played or he’d be playing more often.

What occasions are these? Can't think of him being honking at all, I don't think he's ever been one of our poorest or cost us a game.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 10:54 PM
I've never witnessed a player be talked-up by so many fellow Hibbies, yet, when he does get a game, fail to deliver time after time after time.
For me, moving him on should not even be in question.

Pretty much exactly how i see it. And then time after time an excuse is trotted out for why he failed to deliver and how he should be given another chance.

silverhibee
24-11-2018, 10:55 PM

He doesn't play for Hibs

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 10:56 PM
What occasions are these? Can't think of him being honking at all, I don't think he's ever been one of our poorest or cost us a game.

To be honest I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head, I don’t really catalogue games in my head (probably not the best way to word it but other than big games etc they generally fade out of my memory after a while :greengrin) but I remember on numerous occasions coming away and saying Slivka was absolutely crap/anonymous.

Hi Heid Yin
24-11-2018, 11:49 PM

Every professional footballer is trained to do the basics and these are the basics.
Slivka is, at best, an "average" SPL player - a tidy player and a handy guy to come off the bench to help see out the last 10 minutes of a game already in the bag.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Every professional footballer is trained to do the basics and these are the basics.
Slivka is, at best, an "average" SPL player - a tidy player and a handy guy to come off the bench to help see out the last 10 minutes of a game already in the bag.

We must have a few semi pros in our side then because today was very poor in that regard. No one making themselves available to take it from the back. No one passing between the lines. No one showing any impetus to beat Dundee's press.

Today was 20% of the points Dundee have earned all season. Piss poor stuff.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2018, 11:56 PM

What were the 'numerous occasions' he's been 'utterly honking'?

You're saying there are several examples.

Hi Heid Yin
24-11-2018, 11:58 PM
We must have a few semi pros in our side then because today was very poor in that regard. No one making themselves available to take it from the back. No one passing between the lines. No one showing any impetus to beat Dundee's press.

Today was 20% of the points Dundee have earned all season. Piss poor stuff.

:tee hee::tee hee: That made me chortle!

JohnM1875
24-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Slivka really isn't the answer. I actually think he's decent enough and stuck up for him on here on more than a few occasions. But he's had chances and he's not taken them. Be surprised if he's still here next season. Shame really.

Hi Heid Yin
25-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Slivka really isn't the answer. I actually think he's decent enough and stuck up for him on here on more than a few occasions. But he's had chances and he's not taken them. Be surprised if he's still here next season. Shame really.

:agree::agree:

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Sorry, not for me …. in fact I would go so far as to say that if folk are genuinely saying Slivka is a better option than Mallan or Horgan then what the hell does it say for those two?

He actually put in a decent shift at Aberdeen, but that's all it was, if we are talking about a guy being the solution to our midfield problems because now and again he manages to rise above mediocrity then we really are in bloody trouble.

I want to see players forcing their way into the team because they have been given a chance and stood out or grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck … not because other players are playing so poorly that a guy who rarely rises above neat and tidy starts to look like a better option than they do …. Its exactly that mindset that took this club to the brink of disaster and if some folk have forgotten that only a Scottish cup miracle followed by promotion at the third time of asking saved us from years in the doldrums I certainly haven't.

neil7908
25-11-2018, 12:53 AM
I think he'll leave Hibs soon and go on to have a very good career. He needs a real run in the team in his preferred position.

Don't play him out wide, stick him in the centre for a few games in a row and I believe we'll set him blossom.

Forza Fred
25-11-2018, 01:50 AM

I’m in this camp.

He is ok when given time and space, but in the hurly burly of this league too often is out of the action.

houstonhibbee
25-11-2018, 05:26 AM
He doesn't play for Hibs
Yes we’re all aware of that fact

GreenArmyyy!
25-11-2018, 07:02 AM
He’s had plenty of chances, he’s average at best.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2018, 07:49 AM
He’s had plenty of chances, he’s average at best.

A bit like Boyle, McLaren and Mallan eh. The one in bold gets an easy ride on here though.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Slivka is not good enough. If he is the answer then I don’t know what the question is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-11-2018, 08:34 AM
A bit like Boyle, McLaren and Mallan eh. The one in bold gets an easy ride on here though.

Agree with this. His end product is still very poor.

Hes a good player to have, but overall this season he has been poor.

My_Wife_Camille
25-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Slivkas days at Hibs are numbered imo. I expect him to go on loan in January and leave in the summer.

Kthomson44
25-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I think he'll leave Hibs soon and go on to have a very good career. He needs a real run in the team in his preferred position.

Don't play him out wide, stick him in the centre for a few games in a row and I believe we'll set him blossom.

Agree. Last season -when he got a game - he was shoehorned into the team out wide because our midfield was so strong. A run in his natural position might be all he needs to pick up some decent form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500miles
25-11-2018, 12:45 PM
He's a strong athletic player, technically sound, but really should take the game by the scruff of the neck. Not aggressive enough, and doesn't take enough responsibility. Needs flick that switch in his head to make an impact in this league.

whiskas
25-11-2018, 12:48 PM
He's a strong athletic player, technically sound, but really should take the game by the scruff of the neck. Not aggressive enough, and doesn't take enough responsibility. Needs flick that switch in his head to make an impact in this league.

This 100%

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Too many players drifting in and out of games as it is we do not need another one
Slivka needs to shape up or ship out!

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Too many players drifting in and out of games as it is we do not need another one
Slivka needs to shape up or ship out!

How is he going to shape up without a proper run of games?

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2018, 03:03 PM
OK but this is definitely his last chance no more excuses he needs to grab the game by the scruff of the neck we all know there is a footballer lurking in there somewhere

calumhibee1
25-11-2018, 03:05 PM

You need to earn the right to a run of games. He’s never done that.

Godsahibby
25-11-2018, 03:54 PM
He was on the bench today

I missed that. I had a look midweek and didn’t see him as part f the Lithuania team assumed he had picked up a knock.