PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Dundee 24112018)

Jonnyboy
24-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Another frustrating ninety minutes today as Hibs struggled to get any real fluency in their play and some might argue that at the end of the day we were lucky to finish with a point. Certainly there were longish periods where we allowed Dundee to dominate possession and had Jim McIntyre been a tad braver, he could have had his men seeking out a winner instead of them wasting time and sitting deep.

After another unwelcome break due to International fixtures, Hibs saw the return of Paul Hanlon after a significant injury absence. In midfield, Horgan replaced Slivka and a bench that included fit again Thomas Agyepong.

A better start to a game would be hard to find as Hibs went a goal up inside the first minute when Horgan delivered a cracking ball into the six yard box. With Maclaren waiting to pounce, Dundee defender Kusunga tried to head clear but only succeeded in putting the ball past Hamilton. Looking to try and build on that, Hibs pushed forward but they were lucky not to concede when a low cross from the wing just evaded the outstretched leg of Kenny Millar. Soon after, a good move down the right saw the ball being fed to Horgan who looked onside but the flag went up, presumably against Maclaren who finished by shooting home but of course it was chalked off. I have to say I think the assistant got his decision wrong as the original pass was intended for Horgan and not Maclaren. Horgan was onside and Maclaren made no move towards the ball.

Next, Boyle broke free on the right but with both Kamberi and Maclaren well placed in the middle he struck his shot wide of the far post from a difficult angle. Referee Greg Aitken had the home crowd on his back when he seemed to award a free kick to the visitors every time one of their players fell over while ignoring foul tackles on both Boyle and Mallan. Eventually, Mallan won a free kick which he took himself by whipping the ball towards the far post where Porteous was on hand to power home a header.

When Maclaren found himself six yards out he struck a shot which deflected back to him off a defender. Sadly, his second effort was charged down otherwise Hibs would have led 3-0 at the break. A stunning save by Bogdan denied Miller a headed equaliser but sloppy defending allowed Dundee to pull a goal back on the stroke of half time. Young number 3, Nathan Ralph was allowed to run at Hibs in the inside left channel. Nobody made a move to stop him unless you count Stevie Mallan impersonating Ross Chisholm by pointing at the Dundee man in the hope that would somehow stop him. As it was he raced to the byeline and hit a low cross which Kenny Millar deflected into the net at the front post. A poor one to concede but on the balance of play Dundee probably deserved that goal.

Just moments into the second half, McGowan was allowed far too much time to manoeuvre in the box before striking an exquisite shot beyond the helpless Bogdan to make it 2-2. A powerful Curran shot was beaten away by Bogdan and Hibs were not looking good at that stage. Their cause was not helped by some baffling decisions by the ref but I say that not as an excuse for our performance, more as an observation.

For reasons I cannot fathom, Dundee seemed content to settle for a point when if they’d gone for bust it might well have paid dividends. Hibs on the other hand tried to press forward but too many passes went astray, were not even tried or resulted in a cheap loss of possession. Jack Hamilton was the busier goalkeeper but various efforts failed to trouble him as the game petered out with Dundee retaining possession at the Hibs corner flag.

The players

Adam – Didn’t really have a sniff at either goal but produced two fine saves to deny Miller and Curran.

Efe – Other than on or two little ‘moments’ Efe pretty much strolled through the game and was impressive when he ventured forward at times in the second half.

Ryan – A cracking goal and a decent performance from the youngster who won the sponsors’ man of the match award.

Paul – Back in the team after a long absence I thought he started poorly, improved a bit for an hou or so and then finished poorly. I think his lack of game time showed but we all know he’s a better player that what we saw from him today.

Boyler – Fresh from his goal scoring exploits on the other side of the world, Boyler flitted in and out of the game although as I sit typing this I realise that he probably had more attempts on goal than any of his team mates.

Stevie – This proved to be a real mixed bag from the wee man. Delivered a delicious free kick for the Porteous goal, but a shocking attempt at closing down when he chose to point his finger instead.

Mark – Wasn’t great today and may have suffered from both extensive travelling and a knock he picked up in the first minute. Mark is normally very measured in possession but was caught with the ball at his feet more than once.

Daryl – After his superb delivery that led to the own goal I thought he performed pretty well and always seemed to want to push on when we had the ball. On a day when there was no real obvious candidate for my man of the match award I’m giving it to Daryl for his non-stop endeavour.

Lewis – As usual, I paid close attention to his use of the ball in wide areas and apart from a wayward cross or two it was fine.

Flo – Where to start? Flo was awful today as every ball up to him was either poorly controlled or played into an area devoid of a team mate. It’s true that Kusunga shepherded him well but he needs to get his act together soon or the fans may turn on him. Some of the abuse directed at him today was horrendous.

Jamie – Like Flo, his performance was poor but if there’s a plus it’s his non-stop movement. It’s a pity that many of his runs failed to entice a team mate to pick him out.

Marv – With Mark struggling, it was no surprise when Bartley replaced him. His arrival helped stem any flow towards our goal.

Thomas – Back at last from injury he gave us about twenty five minutes before going off injured again. I love his directness and his pace is scary but we need to somehow keep him fit if we are to benefit from those qualities.

Hammer – Jamie only got about five minutes but looked lively. I admit I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when two guys somewhere in the row behind me had the following conversation.

Guy 1 – Who’s that coming on?

Guy 2 – It’s Jamie Gullan

Guy 1 – Is he any good?

Guy 2 – I’ve only seen him for about ten minutes once and he’s pish

Lovely, don’t you think?

Neil – Was going bananas at both his players and the referee so I don’t suppose his post-match interview was very complimentary of both.

Greg Aitken – Words fail me. Just another in a long list of duds who can turn in a woeful performance knowing he’ll still get a gig next week.

The fans – Both singing sections gave it their all.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Another frustrating ninety minutes today as Hibs struggled to get any real fluency in their play and some might argue that at the end of the day we were lucky to finish with a point. Certainly there were longish periods where we allowed Dundee to dominate possession and had Jim McIntyre been a tad braver, he could have had his men seeking out a winner instead of them wasting time and sitting deep.

After another unwelcome break due to International fixtures, Hibs saw the return of Paul Hanlon after a significant injury absence. In midfield, Horgan replaced Slivka and a bench that included fit again Thomas Agyepong.

A better start to a game would be hard to find as Hibs went a goal up inside the first minute when Horgan delivered a cracking ball into the six yard box. With Maclaren waiting to pounce, Dundee defender Kusunga tried to head clear but only succeeded in putting the ball past Hamilton. Looking to try and build on that, Hibs pushed forward but they were lucky not to concede when a low cross from the wing just evaded the outstretched leg of Kenny Millar. Soon after, a good move down the right saw the ball being fed to Horgan who looked onside but the flag went up, presumably against Maclaren who finished by shooting home but of course it was chalked off. I have to say I think the assistant got his decision wrong as the original pass was intended for Horgan and not Maclaren. Horgan was onside and Maclaren made no move towards the ball.

Next, Boyle broke free on the right but with both Kamberi and Maclaren well placed in the middle he struck his shot wide of the far post from a difficult angle. Referee Greg Aitken had the home crowd on his back when he seemed to award a free kick to the visitors every time one of their players fell over while ignoring foul tackles on both Boyle and Mallan. Eventually, Mallan won a free kick which he took himself by whipping the ball towards the far post where Porteous was on hand to power home a header.

When Maclaren found himself six yards out he struck a shot which deflected back to him off a defender. Sadly, his second effort was charged down otherwise Hibs would have led 3-0 at the break. A stunning save by Bogdan denied Miller a headed equaliser but sloppy defending allowed Dundee to pull a goal back on the stroke of half time. Young number 3, Nathan Ralph was allowed to run at Hibs in the inside left channel. Nobody made a move to stop him unless you count Stevie Mallan impersonating Ross Chisholm by pointing at the Dundee man in the hope that would somehow stop him. As it was he raced to the byeline and hit a low cross which Kenny Millar deflected into the net at the front post. A poor one to concede but on the balance of play Dundee probably deserved that goal.

Just moments into the second half, McGowan was allowed far too much time to manoeuvre in the box before striking an exquisite shot beyond the helpless Bogdan to make it 2-2. A powerful Curran shot was beaten away by Bogdan and Hibs were not looking good at that stage. Their cause was not helped by some baffling decisions by the ref but I say that not as an excuse for our performance, more as an observation.

For reasons I cannot fathom, Dundee seemed content to settle for a point when if they’d gone for bust it might well have paid dividends. Hibs on the other hand tried to press forward but too many passes went astray, were not even tried or resulted in a cheap loss of possession. Jack Hamilton was the busier goalkeeper but various efforts failed to trouble him as the game petered out with Dundee retaining possession at the Hibs corner flag.

The players

Adam – Didn’t really have a sniff at either goal but produced two fine saves to deny Miller and Curran.

Efe – Other than on or two little ‘moments’ Efe pretty much strolled through the game and was impressive when he ventured forward at times in the second half.

Ryan – A cracking goal and a decent performance from the youngster who won the sponsors’ man of the match award.

Paul – Back in the team after a long absence I thought he started poorly, improved a bit for an hou or so and then finished poorly. I think his lack of game time showed but we all know he’s a better player that what we saw from him today.

Boyler – Fresh from his goal scoring exploits on the other side of the world, Boyler flitted in and out of the game although as I sit typing this I realise that he probably had more attempts on goal than any of his team mates.

Stevie – This proved to be a real mixed bag from the wee man. Delivered a delicious free kick for the Porteous goal, but a shocking attempt at closing down when he chose to point his finger instead.

Mark – Wasn’t great today and may have suffered from both extensive travelling and a knock he picked up in the first minute. Mark is normally very measured in possession but was caught with the ball at his feet more than once.

Daryl – After his superb delivery that led to the own goal I thought he performed pretty well and always seemed to want to push on when we had the ball. On a day when there was no real obvious candidate for my man of the match award I’m giving it to Daryl for his non-stop endeavour.

Lewis – As usual, I paid close attention to his use of the ball in wide areas and apart from a wayward cross or two it was fine.

Flo – Where to start? Flo was awful today as every ball up to him was either poorly controlled or played into an area devoid of a team mate. It’s true that Kusunga shepherded him well but he needs to get his act together soon or the fans may turn on him. Some of the abuse directed at him today was horrendous.

Jamie – Like Flo, his performance was poor but if there’s a plus it’s his non-stop movement. It’s a pity that many of his runs failed to entice a team mate to pick him out.

Marv – With Mark struggling, it was no surprise when Bartley replaced him. His arrival helped stem any flow towards our goal.

Thomas – Back at last from injury he gave us about twenty five minutes before going off injured again. I love his directness and his pace is scary but we need to somehow keep him fit if we are to benefit from those qualities.

Hammer – Jamie only got about five minutes but looked lively. I admit I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when two guys somewhere in the row behind me had the following conversation.

Guy 1 – Is he any good?

Lovely, don’t you think?

Neil – Was going bananas at both his players and the referee so I don’t suppose his post-match interview was very complimentary of both.

Greg Aitken – Words fail me. Just another in a long list of duds who can turn in a woeful performance knowing he’ll still get a gig next week.

Very balanced report as always to put some perspective on things

what do you think Neil needs to do to get Hibs ticking again? Major surgery, a couple of key signings, nothing, or leave now before more damage is done?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Spot on John. Not really enjoying how we’re playing just now. As above, only a few get pass marks.

Dundee played with an energy that apart from 20 mins in the 2nd, we never matched I felt.

Think that’s 3 goals we’ve lost just on half time this season at home, if we’d got in 2-0, it would have been game over

EH54
24-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Don't know how anyone could find Daryl Horgan motm. He's a headless chicken. I thought maclaren looked lively but was starved of service which he craves so badly. And I'm not his biggest fan but he looked up for it today. Wrong taken off when chasing a goal. Hanlon definitely looked tired. Efe ambrose motm for me. Class act as always. Although none of them really deserved it.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Don't know how anyone could find Daryl Horgan motm. He's a headless chicken. I thought maclaren looked lively but was starved of service which he craves so badly. And I'm not his biggest fan but he looked up for it today. Wrong taken off when chasing a goal. Hanlon definitely looked tired. Efe ambrose motm for me. Class act as always. Although none of them really deserved it.

Efe was my man of the match aswell. Thought he was very decent.

Hibs Class
24-11-2018, 08:22 PM
I had Ryan as MOTM before he was announced as the sponsor's choice. I thought he contained Miller pretty well, although I missed any lapse he may have had that led to their first goal. Overall I'd describe our performance today as unprofessional. Dundee deserve credit for earning the draw but our sloppiness allowed them to do so.

Steve20
24-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Horgan was abysmal.

Eyrie
24-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Horgan was busy but didn't really do much after a bright start.

That said, I had a great view from the West of the through ball from Kamberi that Horgan gave to McLaren to tap in, and both were onside.

Hibs Class
24-11-2018, 08:35 PM
I had Ryan as MOTM before he was announced as the sponsor's choice. I thought he contained Miller pretty well, although I missed any lapse he may have had that led to their first goal. Overall I'd describe our performance today as unprofessional. Dundee deserve credit for earning the draw but our sloppiness allowed them to do so.

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 08:36 PM

Disagree didn't contain him at all free header then goal then other times.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 09:11 PM

That said, I had a great view from the West of the through ball from Kamberi that Horgan gave to McLaren to tap in, and both were onside.

I wasn’t in line with it or that but Horgan looked an absolute mile off from where I was.

Lang Toun hibby
24-11-2018, 09:15 PM

No it was Hanlon who let Miller free to score. He was also responsible for the second goal and nearly a third when he pated like the red sea to let a shot in

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 09:16 PM

Hanlon at fault for Miller’s goal. Totally sleeping.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Very poor by Hibs today. Even at 2-0 up we didn't look comfortable. Dundee had 3 corners in the last minute, had they went for it then they might have just left with the 3 points. To be 2 up at home against the team at the bottom of the league and not win is a very, very poor result. With much harder games coming up, this should have been our banker. :grr:

wookie70
24-11-2018, 09:39 PM
I agree about Horgan. I thought he was our best player in the first half. I had Efe as MOTM but Ryan played well too. I thought Hanlon did well with the ball but he was a mile away from being fit to play today imo.

Jonnyboy
24-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Very balanced report as always to put some perspective on things

what do you think Neil needs to do to get Hibs ticking again? Major surgery, a couple of key signings, nothing, or leave now before more damage is done?

I think it's just a confidence thing. Players are not trying things that should come naturally to them. Another striker in January would be good

Opinions, eh :greengrin I gave it to Horgan because he was always on the move, always on the front foot and always looking to create. Unlike Stevie Mallan unfortunately

Horgan was abysmal.

Not like you to post something negative, Steve. See my reasoning above.

I agree about Horgan. I thought he was our best player in the first half. I had Efe as MOTM but Ryan played well too. I thought Hanlon did well with the ball but he was a mile away from being fit to play today imo.

Ah, so it's not just me then :greengrin

Smartie
24-11-2018, 10:24 PM
I totally disagree about Horgan playing well today.

In fairness to him, he hit the byeline during the second half and hit a good ball across the 6 yard box, so on another day he might have finished the game with 3 assists. This suggests to me though that he should be playing out wide.

I thought his decision making was poor, he looked unfit and knackered for much of the game and his use of the ball was often atrocious.

It was always going to be tough for whoever had to replace McGeouch and McGinn but Horgan is not the answer - which is a pity, as his early performance (against Aberdeen iirc) in that position was good.

Efe was my motm, by a country mile. He had a couple of lapses during the first half but he was one of our only men who can look in the mirror tonight and know he did himself justice.

Most worryingly, many people were suggesting that this season we should be starting to phase Marvin Bartley out. Based on what I saw today he should be the 1st pick in midfield.

Onceinawhile
24-11-2018, 10:26 PM
I thought Horgan was thoroughly OK.

Today that was probably better than at least 8 or 9 of the others though.

Whole team were flat all game. Kamberi would have been as well staying in the dressing room.

I don't think any of the defenders had a bad game particularly, but when we lost two such poor goals and Dundee missed some good chances, surely none of them can be motm.

SideBurns
24-11-2018, 10:27 PM

The players

Guy 1 – Is he any good?

Lovely, don’t you think?

Would pretty much agree with all that John, other than your assessment of Hanlon's performance. To me, he showed what we've missed in his absence. I'll give Boyle a break for his around the world exploits, but too often today he showed the lack of composure in the box that, for me, will hold him back from becoming a really top player. I've loads of time for Martin, but some on here recently thought Scotland had missed a trick and he was a better option than James Forrest. Aye, honestly....

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 10:28 PM

I agree about Horgan in the first half as well. He was involved in a lot of the good things we did. I thought he was dire in the second half but was one of the very few who wanted to get on the ball and at least try to get after a winner.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He was a winger when he signed and he never really plays as a winger. Sums up our recruitment in many ways. What was the plan when we signed all these players? I think they’re generally good individually but there is just no balance.

IberianHibernian
24-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Good report as always . Would have given MOTM to Ambrose or Horgan .

Pretty Boy
24-11-2018, 11:05 PM
When I first saw Horgan I thought he always wanted to shift the ball onto one foot. I was wrong, he just wants 4 touches when 1 would do.

He moves about a lot but beyond that I don't really see much from him. I described him as an enigma earlier and I think that's about right. Some of his passing and decision making today was atrocious and I think it's only because Mallan and Milligan were so bad that he isn't getting it tight as well.

I'd be really tempted to give one of the young lads an extended run in the middle of the park as no one has covered themselves in glory in that area in the last couple of months.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 11:11 PM
When I first saw Horgan I thought he always wanted to shift the ball onto one foot. I was wrong, he just wants 4 touches when 1 would do.

He moves about a lot but beyond that I don't really see much from him. I described him as an enigma earlier and I think that's about right. Some of his passing and decision making today was atrocious and I think it's only because Mallan and Milligan were so bad that he isn't getting it tight as well.

I'd be really tempted to give one of the young lads an extended run in the middle of the park as no one has covered themselves in glory in that area in the last couple of months.

Where’s Fraser Murray? He would be worth a look in as a number 10 imo.

Lancs Harp
24-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Efe was probably our best attacking threat in the second half.

In the first half though I thought defensively we were a mess on the right hand side. Efe was too easily pulled out of position and Boyle seemed unaware or reluctant to help out. The first goal came from that side and I would say had been on the cards from the off. Boyle and Efe exchanged a few words and pointed a few fingers at each other going back to the half way line after their goal. They were giving Dundees wide man far too much space and a better side than Dundee would have surely made us pay. We were better on the side defensively in the second half.

My simple match report would simply say we blew a two goal lead against the bottom the club. Enough said.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Miller bullied him all day. His girlfriend must've been sponsor.

Forza Fred
24-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Certainly didn’t appear that way when I watched it live on the telly...Horgan appeared definitely offside.

FilipinoHibs
25-11-2018, 08:28 AM
No it was Hanlon who let Miller free to score. He was also responsible for the second goal and nearly a third when he pated like the red sea to let a shot in

Yes thought Hanlon culpable for both goals. Not match sharp. And with Milligan tired and jet lagged we were ripped apart down the middle. Should have played 4-4-2 Will Efe and Porteus in the middle and Silvka with Malian in central mid.

Nicho87
25-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Horgans failed simple 20 yard pass up the line to Boyle in a second half counter attack resulting in giving the ball, unforgivable. Lacks confidence and hides for me.

eastcoasthibby
25-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Hanlon at fault for Miller’s goal. Totally sleeping.

Mallan did his usual failed.to put any real pressure or a tackle in on the full back for the first goal and yes Hanlon was.wrong side of Miller.....I am sick of watching every game.where.Mallan refuses to tackle, match runs and be a defensive pressure, it looks like him, Boyle , Horgan, McLaren and Hyndman all are scared to tackle for a ball and.it.creates gaps and massive problems for our defenders....

vahibbie
25-11-2018, 11:18 AM
A bit generous on your opinions of some players Jonny. Agree Efe strolled it for most of the game and he was my pick for best player. Horgan did indeed put in a lot of effort but I've seen headless chickens be more direct, he was poor. Poor in fact describes most of them. The "bad day at the office" excuse is wearing a bit thin, extreme boot up the erchie required for the majority.

southsider
25-11-2018, 12:27 PM
We all knew we would missi SJM but how much we miss him speaks volumes for the lad. Villa missing him today as out injured.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Efe was my man of the match, if he put a foot wrong i must have missed it. Horgan was ok, nothing special really, but the rest of the midfield were poor.

Bartley did well when he came on, and pass marks for Porteous Stevenson and Bogdan, but as for the rest we had far too many players who were just off form.

CMurdoch
25-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Efe was great. Warmed the heart watching him. A very bright light on a wretched day for Hibs.
Bogdan did everything well. Great goalkeeper
Milligan was as good as ever for 44 mins and from there made more mistakes than he has in all his other games put together. Was scary but putin' it down to a combination of jetlag and static midfield colleagues ahead of him.

Midfield is where the problem is. It neither pressures the opposing midfield nor provides service to our strike pair. A glut of small winger ball player types in the squad.

I understand Mallans value for his shooting in open play and from free kicks also his accurate corners. Hence he plays.
However, you can't then have Horgan and Boyle beside him. You need an accurate passer and a strong runner and tackler.
Slivka can pass and has a bit of height and guile but we simply don't have the McGinn type runner to complete our midfield.

Without this runner it is very probable that Scott Allan, who many on here are calling to be signed immediately, wouldn't be effective on his own. That's to say nothing of the fact that it would take Allan until March to get fully up to match fitness so IMO no point giving Celtic £200k for him in January. Allie that with Dundee unwilling to part with Kamara in January unless early and for big bucks so they can use the money and we are struggling to put everything right this season.

I would be happy for us to try to sign both on precontracts and play Slivka and someone like the busy and wiry Fraser Murray in midfield until the end of the season.
I know for certain most folk on here won't be happy with this and will want a fix now but sometimes it is best to wait and get the right players.

We might manage to get someone else in to do the job but a tough ask for us to get someone who is up to speed and quality in January.
I suspect Hyndman will be allowed to leave at the expiry of his loan deal in January. That will free up a little money.
Agyepong looks good when he plays but appears to have a chronic hamstring injury. Played only 13 games last season in Holland, as a result of the injury, last season and his time at Hibs has been similarly blighted with no signs of improvement. Feel bad for the kid. Some arse behind me was shouting at him when he got injured yesterday saying he wasn't interested and should go back to Man City!

It is proving a tough and frustrating post McGinn season to date.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Mallan did his usual failed.to put any real pressure or a tackle in on the full back for the first goal and yes Hanlon was.wrong side of Miller.....I am sick of watching every game.where.Mallan refuses to tackle, match runs and be a defensive pressure, it looks like him, Boyle , Horgan, McLaren and Hyndman all are scared to tackle for a ball and.it.creates gaps and massive problems for our defenders....

Agree with that.

We don’t have the same bite we did last year. Forget about what McGinn, McGeough and Allan could do with the ball. We don’t have the same determination we had last year. With or without the ball.

JimBHibees
25-11-2018, 08:47 PM
I agree about Horgan in the first half as well. He was involved in a lot of the good things we did. I thought he was dire in the second half but was one of the very few who wanted to get on the ball and at least try to get after a winner.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He was a winger when he signed and he never really plays as a winger. Sums up our recruitment in many ways. What was the plan when we signed all these players? I think they’re generally good individually but there is just no balance.

Tend to agree really struggling with the central midfield balance a lack of athleticism and power and also a playmaker.

Eyrie
25-11-2018, 10:59 PM
I wasn’t in line with it or that but Horgan looked an absolute mile off from where I was.

Certainly didn’t appear that way when I watched it live on the telly...Horgan appeared definitely offside.

I've now seen it on Sportscene and he still looked onside to me. If he was off, then it was by an RCH.

PatHead
25-11-2018, 11:18 PM
I've now seen it on Sportscene and he still looked onside to me. If he was off, then it was by an RCH.

I was level with it at the match sitting in the West. At the time I was convinced he was onside. Having seen it on the tv it was tighter than I thought but it still looked as though he was onside.

The 90+2
25-11-2018, 11:18 PM
It’s far too green tinted which I would appreciate should be the case. Saying that I appreciate the op to go against. Horgan had a nightmare and was nowhere near mom. Ambrose covering Hercules arse was more than enough for that award.

calumhibee1
25-11-2018, 11:29 PM

I haven’t saw it back yet. I didn’t have a great view of it to be fair, I’m at the FF end of the East so I wouldn’t be surprised to be wrong!

jacomo
25-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Great match report as always.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2018, 03:38 AM
Bit of a free pass for Hanlon who needs to improve

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2018, 04:07 AM
best defender and mom =Efe
best midfielder= Horgan
best striker=..........utter rank service didn't help

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2018, 07:47 AM
Bit of a free pass for Hanlon who needs to improve

Hanlon was very poor, but he's just back after injury and not remotely match fit. And this is a major problem for us this season, we have so many players who have been injured, who need to play themselves back into the team while not match fit.

This is a season where i have never seen so many players injured, and we've had no cohesion and stability at the club, plus we've been bedding in new players too.

Hopefully things improve.

JimBHibees
26-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Hanlon was very poor, but he's just back after injury and not remotely match fit. And this is a major problem for us this season, we have so many players who have been injured, who need to play themselves back into the team while not match fit.

This is a season where i have never seen so many players injured, and we've had no cohesion and stability at the club, plus we've been bedding in new players too.

Hopefully things improve.

All valid factors which need to be taken into account rather than the everything is crap knee jerk opinion.

calumhibee1
26-11-2018, 08:40 AM
All valid factors which need to be taken into account rather than the everything is crap knee jerk opinion.

They may well be factors and they may well need to be taken into account to an extent but how long are we going to keep using them as an excuse for? I still see people mentioning the fact we played in Europe as part of the reason we’ve been poor, that was 3 months ago. It’s madness, people just don’t seem to want to face up to the fact we look a very average mid table side on the evidence provided to us so far.

A knee jerk reaction is based on one result or one moment etc. We’ve been craps for weeks both in performances and results. Plenty people have raised concerns all through the season. People had concerns after the second competitive game of the season. We’re now 21 competitive games in and the same concerns are still causing us issues. It’s not a knee jerk reaction.

Liam978
26-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Horgan was abysmal.

Abysmal ? How then did he manage 2 assists that on another day could have been 3, as it is very debateable whether or not he was offside.

calumhibee1
26-11-2018, 12:21 PM
Abysmal ? How then did he manage 2 assists that on another day could have been 3, as it is very debateable whether or not he was offside.

Was it not Mallan that took the free kick for Porteous goal?

CMurdoch
26-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Was it not Mallan that took the free kick for Porteous goal?

It was

JimBHibees
26-11-2018, 03:53 PM
They may well be factors and they may well need to be taken into account to an extent but how long are we going to keep using them as an excuse for? I still see people mentioning the fact we played in Europe as part of the reason we’ve been poor, that was 3 months ago. It’s madness, people just don’t seem to want to face up to the fact we look a very average mid table side on the evidence provided to us so far.

A knee jerk reaction is based on one result or one moment etc. We’ve been craps for weeks both in performances and results. Plenty people have raised concerns all through the season. People had concerns after the second competitive game of the season. We’re now 21 competitive games in and the same concerns are still causing us issues. It’s not a knee jerk reaction.

The factors are still there though. We were poor no doubt but should still have won and poor defending cost us.

calumhibee1
26-11-2018, 03:59 PM
The factors are still there though. We were poor no doubt but should still have won and poor defending cost us.

They are, but things like bedding in new players etc will always be a factor at Hibs. The turnover of players at this level means you’ll never go into a new season without a high turnover whether that’s because players that are outstanding leave for bigger things or poor players leave because they’re not good enough. Using turnover of players and even injuries to an extent is really just a convenient excuse to try gloss over poor performances and results because at the end of the day, every team in our league will be dealing on the whole with pretty similar issues.

JimBHibees
26-11-2018, 05:02 PM
They are, but things like bedding in new players etc will always be a factor at Hibs. The turnover of players at this level means you’ll never go into a new season without a high turnover whether that’s because players that are outstanding leave for bigger things or poor players leave because they’re not good enough. Using turnover of players and even injuries to an extent is really just a convenient excuse to try gloss over poor performances and results because at the end of the day, every team in our league will be dealing on the whole with pretty similar issues.

Nobody is glossing over anything the injuries are a fact and to very key players in our squad. We are on a poor run but not long before we were on a winning run so hopefully with players like McLaren and Hanlon getting nearer to speed we can start getting back to the form we all know we are capable of.

calumhibee1
26-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Nobody is glossing over anything the injuries are a fact and to very key players in our squad. We are on a poor run but not long before we were on a winning run so hopefully with players like McLaren and Hanlon getting nearer to speed we can start getting back to the form we all know we are capable of.

Injuries are a fact. Every other team has to deal with them aswell though. Trying to justify our form on players not being fit is just covering up the fact we’ve not been good enough.

If Hearts were sitting bottom half and telling everyone they’re only there because they’ve had some injuries and had to sign new players and had a few extra games a few months ago at the start of the season we would quite rightly be laughing at them for clutching at straws.