PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Scott Allan urgent

Last Minute
24-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Today showed how badly we need Scott Allan . I know Celtic wont want to do business with us but we need to get this guy tied up on a pre and push Celtic to release him in January. We are so poor going forward and need Scott urgently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH54
24-11-2018, 07:50 PM
They may be easier to deal with now they know we are rubbish and no threat to them. Scott Allan might help us take points of rangers. Loan till end of season till his contract expires wouldn't surprise me.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Think you have answered your own question, celtic have taken there bat home because of sjm. We can't afford him as well.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 07:55 PM
I think getting Scott Allan will depend more on us and him than it will Celtic.

I don’t think they’ll be that difficult to deal with. If they can get him off the wage bill early they will. He’ll need to sacrifice some money if he wants to play in January.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 08:00 PM

I don’t think they’ll be that difficult to deal with. If they can get him off the wage bill early they will. He’ll need to sacrifice some money if he wants to play in January.
Neil stated at the agm that celtic are not taking to us. We can't afford to pay his full wages, he will see his contract out I would imagine, and look at his options.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Neil stated at the agm that celtic are not taking to us. We can't afford to pay his full wages, he will see his contract out I would imagine, and look at his options.

I still think there will be a context to it.

If there is something beneficial in it for them then I think they’d talk.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Generally I’d agree with that but by all accounts that logic could have been applied in the summer and Celtic weren’t wanting to play ball.

BegbieHSC
24-11-2018, 08:06 PM
I’d make him top earner tbh. Absolutely vital to get him in January - he’s the difference between top 4, and bottom 6 tbh.

Weegreenman
24-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Desperate times :panic:

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 08:08 PM
He's probably on around £10 - 15 a week, max hibs would pay (guess) £3k.

Nicho87
24-11-2018, 08:08 PM
We need more than just Scott Allan after today.

emerald green
24-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Hibs will not be the only club interested in Allan, even if they could afford his wages. I've heard it said that Allan was a boyhood Rangers supporter...

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 08:11 PM
We scored 2 goals, enough to win. Scott Allan isn't the vital thing based on today. Concentration and ruthlessness is what was lacking.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Generally I’d agree with that but by all accounts that logic could have been applied in the summer and Celtic weren’t wanting to play ball.

Depends what, if anything, we had on the table though.

Might be easier to persuade Allan to give up some money for 3 or 4 months rather than what he’d have had to give up last year as well.

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 08:15 PM
We scored 2 goals, enough to win. Scott Allan isn't the vital thing based on today. Concentration and ruthlessness is what was lacking.

Not enough to win today

BegbieHSC
24-11-2018, 08:18 PM

I think it’s 8k he’s on

Keith_M
24-11-2018, 08:19 PM
We could also do with a striker that knows how to put the ball in the net.

IIRC, we've had one solitary goal from a striker in the last five games.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 08:21 PM
We could also do with a striker that knows how to put the ball in the net.

IIRC, we've had one solitary goal from a striker in the last five games.

Agree. It seems to be everybody else’s fault though.

Not good enough from them at the moment.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 08:31 PM
If the Scott Allan of last season had been playing today we would have won.
The players playing today obviously didn't have the qualities required that you mention

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Not enough to win today

Enough to win any day. Conceding two was today's problem.

hibee_girl
24-11-2018, 08:33 PM
A lot of pressure on Scott Allan IF he does return

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 08:36 PM
I think it’s 8k he’s on

£20k a month difference, six months £120k...

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Enough to win any day. Conceding two was today's problem.

If you concede 2 then scoring 2 isn’t enough

3pm
24-11-2018, 09:04 PM
I think the ‘urgent’ thread prefix will make all the difference this time.

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2018, 09:20 PM
A lot of pressure on Scott Allan IF he does return

Indeed, and we can't expect one player to transform us. We need two or three quality players in.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-11-2018, 09:25 PM
They may be easier to deal with now they know we are rubbish and no threat to them. Scott Allan might help us take points of rangers. Loan till end of season till his contract expires wouldn't surprise me.

:agree:

Barney McGrew
24-11-2018, 09:25 PM
He's probably on around £10 - 15 a week

He’s on nowhere near that

sauzee6_2
24-11-2018, 09:28 PM
What makes you think Scott Allan wants to come to Hibs??

Easy to assume it’s between Hibs and Celtic, need to consider the player.

Jim44
24-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Just remember..... SA is not a miracle worker, especially with no match time at any significant level. If we get him, his value to us will be next season. ( Unfortunately I think another team will buy him or get him on a better pre-contract than we can/will offer. ) IMHO, cash is king and his destination is in the lap of the gods.

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Just remember..... SA is not a miracle worker, especially with no match time at any significant level. If we get him, his value to us will be next season. ( Unfortunately I think another team will buy him or get him on a better pre-contract than we can/will offer. ) IMHO, cash is king and his destination is in the lap of the gods.

He had no game time before he joined us last year and that worked out no too bad

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 09:50 PM
He’s on nowhere near that

I poster has said £8k a week, max hibs would pay is £3k,so still £120k over six months.

English league one will pay more look at Dylan.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Shankland from Ayr Utd would be a good signing for us but fear Der Hun will grab him.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Desperately need him, hoping this happens in January.

IWasThere2016
24-11-2018, 10:02 PM
SA basic is £7k a week.

heretoday
24-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Scott Allan is not the panacea.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 10:05 PM
SA basic is £7k a week.

OK, still £100k over six months, celtic won't deal with us because of SJM

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 10:11 PM
OK, still £100k over six months, celtic won't deal with us because of SJM

Says who? An internet forum? Must be true.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Neil lennon said celtic have fallen out with hibs at the agm, that good enough for you?

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Neil lennon said celtic have fallen out with hibs at the agm, that good enough for you?

No actually its not.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 10:24 PM
No actually its not.

Be great if you can explain the truth then

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Be great if you can explain the truth then

We will never find out the truth!

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 10:34 PM

So does that mean Celtic will never do business with Hibs again? Even if something comes up that they see as beneficial to them?

Jim44
24-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Scott Allan is not the panacea.
...... neither is he the Messiah. He might just be a very greedy boy. :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 10:43 PM
So does that mean Celtic will never do business with Hibs again? Even if something comes up that they see as beneficial to them?

I'm not saying never, but they were pissed off with the sjm deal 170 shareholders heard Neil say as much at the agm.

Wages would be a big issue he is a professional football player money talks.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2018, 10:46 PM
If SA goes South he will find it hard to get a game, if he stays at Celtic he won't get a game. If he comes to Hibs he will be guaranteed a game.

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2018, 10:47 PM
...... neither is he the Messiah. He might just be a very greedy boy. :greengrin

:top marks

Can't blame him for sitting tight, when he has a much bigger salary than we can offer.

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 10:49 PM
If SA goes South he will find it hard to get a game, if he stays at Celtic he won't get a game. If he comes to Hibs he will be guaranteed a game.

He will be 400%on a better salary, he is not a hibs fan like us

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 10:49 PM
I'm not saying never, but they were pissed off with the sjm deal 170 shareholders heard Neil say as much at the agm.

Wages would be a big issue he is a professional football player money talks.

Not disputing he said that. But don’t think it means a great deal. If something comes up that suits them then I don’t think they’ll be thinking about us or selling them McGinn.

As I said in my original post, I think Allan would be the main issue. If he wants to play before next season he’ll have to give up some money. I don’t think he’ll be overly keen to do so.

Hi Heid Yin
24-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Scott Allan will help improve us, but only if he is complimented by fellow midfielders offering drive and aggression - doing most of the dirty work, relentessly fighting for and winning the ball and feeding him.

At present none of our midfielders offer these two qualities.

Mallan is free kicks and shots from distance, but don't ask him to put in a tackle
Slivka is flashes of silky skills but predominantly the invisible man
Horgan is enthusiasm and effort but no end product - the headless chicken
Hyndman is the loanee who appears to have his mind and heart elsewhere

IberianHibernian
24-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Has Allan played any games for Celtic reserve team this season ?

Jim44
24-11-2018, 11:06 PM

I asked the same question weeks ago. Nobody seems to know. The guy could could be so far out the loop to be useless to us.

silverhibee
24-11-2018, 11:47 PM

Something not right with SA at Celtc, no game time, training with the kids, you don't even see him sitting in the stand during games, where is his agent in all this, a player in that situation normally has his agent putting stories in the papers on how he is being treated by the club and not happy and looking to move on, we have heard none of that compared to when he engineered a move away from Hibs, his agent wasn't shy then in stirring it up for his player to get a move, why the silence now, he really can't be happy with the situation he is in just now.

Do I think he will be a Hibs player come January then I would take a hunch and say no.

silverhibee
24-11-2018, 11:49 PM

No.

Forza Fred
25-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Scott Allan will help improve us, but only if he is complimented by fellow midfielders offering drive and aggression - doing most of the dirty work, relentessly fighting for and winning the ball and feeding him.

Mallan is free kicks and shots from distance, but don't ask him to put in a tackle

Agree with this.
Scott Allan is a quality passer, but we also need a terrier in midfield.
Today Dundee won nearly every second ball and were gifted the time to start attacks.
Oh, and a striker who can actually win a ball or two in the air would do as well.

tamig
25-11-2018, 01:02 AM
I poster has said £8k a week, max hibs would pay is £3k,so still £120k over six months.

English league one will pay more look at Dylan.

Are you making things up? How do you know what Hibs would pay any player?

DarlingtonHibee
25-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Tamig, said on a previous post it was a guess. I guess the point is it is a lot less than he will be on.

number9dream
25-11-2018, 09:10 AM
Not sure there will be much interest down south for a guy who hasn’t played all season and who bombed at Rotherham.
A few Scottish teams will be keen on a loan in January.
Aberdeen are crying out for a creative player and can probably offer better terms than us.
However, it won’t be a big difference and he knows he’s played his best stuff for Hibs. If Lawwell is still in the huff, a loan to us won’t happen and Allan can wait until the summer to weigh up his options.

BegbieHSC
25-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Generally agree. I think the midfield we have right now is a good one - just missing something.

Maybe it is Allan? No disrespect intended, but Allan made a midfield of Craig and Robertson in 2015 look quality.
I think we can agree that Mallan/Milligan/Slivka are better than them.

neil7908
25-11-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm desperate for him back but as others have said, he ain't a magic bullet . He's a better version of Mallan imo - gold going forward but will do nothing to protect the back 4.

I could see him struggling a bit in this current Hibs midfield.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-11-2018, 11:26 AM

That's some wage rise we'd be offering!

emerald green
25-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Scott Allan is a good player, but one player doesn't make a team.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2018, 11:37 AM
I think the ‘urgent’ thread prefix will make all the difference this time.

:greengrin I love how Celtic are getting all the stick here and are not playing ball with us over this. Allan could have signed if he'd drop his wages down to what we can afford, he didnt.

Celtic could have given him a free, he probably would have signed for us if Allan could have negotiated a deal and we'd have paid the difference, he didnt.

How many folk on here would change their jobs for less than half their current wages, not many i'd imagine?

Transfers fall through all the time over terms, wages are an important part of employment for all of us, His demands will be a lot less in the summer, my money would be on then, unless Celtic reduce their demands and Allan too this coming window?

I hope its the 2nd option.