PDA

View Full Version : Lennon post match interview

RossScott1991
24-11-2018, 06:21 PM
https://youtu.be/u3sPx0uGxg4

Interview here. I’m abit worried he thinks we created lots of chances today? Attacking threat was non existent I’m not even sure I can remember a shot on target second half ?

Really need to find a balance within this side ASAP, 3.5.2 no longer works with the players we have compared to past couple of seasons.

matty_f
24-11-2018, 06:23 PM

Interview here. I’m abit worried he thinks we created lots of chances today? Attacking threat was non existent I’m not even sure I can remember a shot on target second half ?

Really need to find a balance within this side ASAP, 3.5.2 no longer works with the players we have compared to past couple of seasons.

We could have had four or five first half, second half we created very little.

tamig
24-11-2018, 06:30 PM

I thought we were looking the more likely when he changed the formation
with the double substitution. Wee Tam’s injury screwed things up though.

bingo70
24-11-2018, 06:34 PM
I tend to think these post matches interviews are a wee bit pointless although they can be useful to try and judge the mood.

Even if he wanted to there’s no merit really to coming out and skating the players. It’s just really a case of coming out with a few sound bites to keep the reporter happy so he can be on his way.

The effective analysis will be done with the player, not with a journalist or someone from hibs tv shortly after the full time whistle.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 06:45 PM
I tend to think these post matches interviews are a wee bit pointless although they can be useful to try and judge the mood.

Even if he wanted to there’s no merit really to coming out and skating the players. It’s just really a case of coming out with a few sound bites to keep the reporter happy so he can be on his way.

The effective analysis will be done with the player, not with a journalist or someone from hibs tv shortly after the full time whistle.
you think so? I thought as always it was his honest appraisal of events. We could have easily been up 5-2 at half time but was not to be.

Smartie
24-11-2018, 06:49 PM
I wasn't that unhappy at half time, if it wasn't for their goal just before HT I'd have been delighted, even if we weren't at our best.

The second half was awful, and that's what you remember more.

I don't think I agree with him that we created a lot - we created enough during the first half to put us in a strong position, the second half was nowhere near good enough.

green day
24-11-2018, 07:03 PM
If Boyle had squared in one first half move, we would have gone 3 up, game over.

Small things, big outcomes.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 07:06 PM
If Boyle had squared in one first half move, we would have gone 3 up, game over.

or the double block from Jamie Mac

crash
24-11-2018, 07:17 PM
I wasn't that unhappy at half time, if it wasn't for their goal just before HT I'd have been delighted, even if we weren't at our best.

The second half was awful, and that's what you remember more.

I don't think I agree with him that we created a lot - we created enough during the first half to put us in a strong position, the second half was nowhere near good enough.

we were shocking first half, if you were "delighted" with that then you are mistaken, second half was just a continuation.Dundee are a poor team who will be relegated, but had the freedom of Easter road for 90 mins today.

green day
24-11-2018, 07:18 PM
or the double block from Jamie Mac

Aye, exactly. If we went 3 up, Dundee would have fallen apart. As it was, they deserved the point.

EH54
24-11-2018, 07:19 PM
we were shocking first half, if you were "delighted" with that then you are mistaken, second half was just a continuation.Dundee are a poor team who will be relegated, but had the freedom of Easter road for 90 mins today.

That should have been the easiest 90 minutes of the season. Especially being 2-0 up after 20 minutes.

Smartie
24-11-2018, 07:47 PM

It was far from vintage, but I'd have been delighted if we'd scored in the first minute, weathered a bit of pressure, scored a good second from a set piece then held out until half time despite being far from our best.

The goal before half time blotted all that and made it look different.

skyhibs
24-11-2018, 07:52 PM
It was far from vintage, but I'd have been delighted if we'd scored in the first minute, weathered a bit of pressure, scored a good second from a set piece then held out until half time despite being far from our best.

The goal before half time blotted all that and made it look different.

Don’t know what game you were at as we were honking in the first half but slightly better in the second

BoomtownHibees
24-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Don’t know what game you were at as we were honking in the first half but slightly better in the second

Better in the 2nd half?? Jeez what you smoking?

Velma Dinkley
24-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Some posters should just stick to the Hearts accounts thread :greengrin

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 08:18 PM

You weren't there were you.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-11-2018, 08:44 PM

Ive seen a few people refer to 352, but i thought we played a flat back four today, with a midfield diamond and two up top. I must be losing my marbles!

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Ive seen a few people refer to 352, but i thought we played a flat back four today, with a midfield diamond and two up top. I must be losing my marbles!

We went to a back four when we made the subs after an hour.

Jones28
25-11-2018, 08:45 AM
I'd love to hear him explain why we went to 1 up front when we needed a goal for the win.

The Modfather
25-11-2018, 08:53 AM
We went to a back four when we made the subs after an hour.

I had no real idea what formation were playing the last 25 mins or so it was a bit of a mess. Boyle sometimes up front sometimes wide. Agyepong looking like playing up front in a narrow 3 at times, and Ambrose playing as a winger hugging the touch line. With the rest running about like headless chickens.

skyhibs
25-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Better in the 2nd half?? Jeez what you smoking?

Yes I thought we were better in the second half... am guessing I am entitled to my opinion. I know we lost a goal in 2 mins into the half but I thought we upped our work rate from zero% to 5%. But we were terrible the full game and unacceptable 1 point from 5 games

skyhibs
25-11-2018, 07:43 PM
You weren't there were you.

Jambo Jim

Hi Heid Yin
25-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Hi Heid Yin
25-11-2018, 09:41 PM

That's how I saw it too. :agree:

Speedway
26-11-2018, 04:13 AM

I’ve been telling Mrs Speedway that for years.

She just laughs.