PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi & McLaren

Heckys Wheel
24-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Bossed by Genseric Kusunga and Darren O’Dea today.

By far the worst two defenders in the league. Strolled it today, winning headers while Kamberi watched them jump and McLaren tried to get close to them.

Don’t even get me started on the midfield making Paul McGowan look like a football player.

Embarrassing.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Bossed by Genseric Kusunga and Darren O’Dea today.

By far the worst two defenders in the league. Strolled it today, winning headers while Kamberi watched them jump and McLaren tried to get close to them.

Don’t even get me started on the midfield making Paul McGowan look like a football player.

Embarrassing.

Both them were pish, both individually and as a partnership.

YanYansen
24-11-2018, 05:42 PM

That was particularly painful, aye.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Both them were pish, both individually and as a partnership.
What’s your answer then instead of posting negative comments

Heckys Wheel
24-11-2018, 05:49 PM

Bin McLaren. 2 strikers required in January.

If Kamberi doesn’t start improving he can get binned anaw.

Bin Shaw. If Gullan is ahead of Allen and Shaw, get rid of them both.

Give Agyepong another medical. If it raises any question marks, send him back to Manchester.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 05:50 PM

I’m not the manager. Lennons job to come up with the answers, not mine.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Kamberi is a good player but he has been dreadful lately.

Not having another recognised first team striker on the books is a shocker.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Weren't bossed at all, caused all kinds of problems when they got service and when JM went off we looked awful.

Only person who got bossed was Porteous by Miller.

PPZPOL
24-11-2018, 05:54 PM
I think there is an element of them thinking they done us a favour by returning his season. We gave them the platform last season and they delivered but it then put us into a position of (rightly) pursuing them hard to get them back in. There were rumours of Sunderland interest in Kamberi and McClaren ended up at the WC, and despite not playing, perhaps thought a few teams could be sniffing about.
I’d hope they don’t think they are above Hibs because a) no player should think that b) the performances are not reflective of this. They are not the only ones btw, but this thread is specifically about them.

Hibee Mac
24-11-2018, 05:55 PM
If I'm honest, I think the fantastic partnership from last season wasn't a 2, it was a 3. Kamberi, MacLaren and Scott Allan.

Without Allan they are a shadow of what they were.

Bobby's Cinema
24-11-2018, 05:59 PM
The hold up play from both has been frustrating to watch all season.

I'd have had Kamberi off before the end today did he manage to link up once?

Hopefully now that we have a run of games things will improve but they have a lot to work on to get back to where we know they can be.

LaMotta
If I'm honest, I think the fantastic partnership from last season wasn't a 2, it was a 3. Kamberi, MacLaren and Scott Allan.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Frazerbob
Weren't bossed at all, caused all kinds of problems when they got service and when JM went off we looked awful.

Agree re the front 2, we need to persevere with them. They’ve hardly played together this season. Last season showed how good the can and will be. Porto however was MOTM by a country mile today.

calumhibee1
24-11-2018, 06:00 PM

Yup. Allan helped them and the team immensely.

PPZPOL
24-11-2018, 06:00 PM

100% agree and that was the line I missed out my post before you.

Allan was instrumental in the success of FK and JM last season. Even more galling that we got the 2 of them back in and couldn’t get Allan over the line.

anewlove
24-11-2018, 06:01 PM

Spot on.

we are hibs
24-11-2018, 06:06 PM
It took until Dundee equalised for kamberi to start jumping for headers. It's like Grant Holt all over again

Hiber-nation
24-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Are you actually serious? McLaren was shocking and the centre half who scored the og had Kamberi in his pocket all day. And Miller certainly didn't boss Porteous, the mistake for the first goal was by Hanlon.

SRHibs
24-11-2018, 06:11 PM
If Kamberi needs an operation then he just needs to get it over and done with. Would rather do without him for a while and get the player we had last season back, than continue like this.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Are you actually serious? McLaren was shocking and the centre half who scored the og had Kamberi in his pocket all day. And Miller certainly didn't boss Porteous, the mistake for the first goal was by Hanlon.

I'm deadly seriously. Maclaren scored (offside Horgan before), had 2 off the line, shot just wide on his left and just offside himself when he went 1v1 2nd half.

Kamberi fought hard, had some lovely touches, would probably have scored if not for the own goal. We literally did not have a shot when Maclaren went off.

Porteous was bossed all day, lost Miller for early chance, was losing headers to him, 2nd to everything.

J-C
24-11-2018, 06:17 PM
I sometimes wonder if certain players play out their skin to gain a contract and once they have it start to look lacklustre. Kamberi looks a shadow of the brash overly confident player that came here in January, something is not right. Jamie just looks an average player now, a good poacher but not really anything else in his game, easily pushed off the ball and for big lad Kamberi gets bosses all too easily. Maybe a reason we're looking at this lad Eaves.

BegbieHSC
24-11-2018, 06:44 PM
It’s the service, not the strikers that must improve.

I didnt think either of them were that bad tbh.

Scott Allan SOS

Hibees1973
24-11-2018, 06:46 PM
I feel Kamberi is already looking for his next move. There was a lot of interest in him during the summer and I was surprised he came back to Hibs.

The talk from him the last few days about getting into the Swiss national team is bull. Needs to get back to basics, being physical and a nuisance to defenders. Technically he has ability but it seems his attitude is not as it should be. Hope Lennon sorts him out.

MacLaren......is a bit of an enigma to me and is way short of the form he was in at the end of last season. He does not convince me and if he does not step up quickly Hibs could do a lot better than him.

The next 3-4 games are huge for Hibs.

It may be an over-reaction, especially after throwing away a 2 goal lead against a poor Dundee side but we are at a crossroads just now with loads of players not looking up to scratch.

Lennon must take responsibility for the new signings and most of them being signed late in the transfer window (most of them have been poor so far, not fit and/or injured). Lennon’s future at Hibs is in his own hands as he deserves time to get us out of this rut but, he needs to step up as well by getting more out of the players he has or ship them out and get better one’s in.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2018, 07:00 PM
I thought Kamberi was hopeless today. If he's carrying an injury and needs an operation at some point to fix it then we should just bite the bullet just now and get him in for it now.

He's no good to us if he continues playing like he did today.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2018, 07:00 PM

Scott Allan SOS

the service is absolutely dreadful :agree:

Bobby's Cinema
24-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Disagree. Decent ball was played on countless occasions into kamberi's head, chest, feet he couldn't retain it and link up.

Must expect more than that today, and he is better than that.

EH54
24-11-2018, 07:10 PM
I don't think maclaren, kamberi or anyone else is any worse than they were last season. We are missing a midfield. Right now we don't have one. Dundee are bottom of the league and we're better in the middle of the park than us. That speaks for itself. We have a bottom 6 midfield. Strikers and defence have no chance.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 07:14 PM

The service thing isn’t as big an issue as is being made out IMO. Only Rangers and Celtic have scored more than us so we clearly create plenty chances.

We can’t keep waiting for it to happen for them. MacLaren should have scored in the first half. Kamberi never held the ball in well enough to let the midfield join in with them.

It could be better but I think the strikers are a bigger problem than the service at the moment.

wookie70
24-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Disagree. Decent ball was played on countless occasions into kamberi's head, chest, feet he couldn't retain it and link up.

Kamberi had plenty good ball today but most of the time his touch was poor. When the service wasn't as good he was easily out muscled by his marker. I think McLaren's first touch was in the 19th minute where he flicked a ball on to a Dundee player. I was still surprised McLaren was subbed because he still looked like scoring and at least his runs move defences around. Kamberi was woeful today and has been poor for months. As said earlier in the thread, if he needs an op then get it done now because he is a man short at the moment. Give Lewis Allen a try for a few weeks. He has looked livelier than Flo has when given the chance.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2018, 07:28 PM

The service thing isn’t as big an issue as is being made out IMO. Only Rangers and Celtic have scored more than us so we clearly create plenty chances.

We can’t keep waiting for it to happen for them. MacLaren should have scored in the first half. Kamberi never held the ball in well enough to let the midfield join in with them.

It could be better but I think the strikers are a bigger problem than the service at the moment.

fair points :agree: Horgan was the only midfielder i would give pass marks to(even if he did have a couple of passes to no one) i thought it strange Marv coming on instead of Slivka, we're at home and we bring on the enforcer :confused: or did NL realise we had already surrendered the midfield so lets try stop them winning, and our Oz heroes should have taken the slow plane back....all of them :)

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 07:43 PM
fair points :agree: Horgan was the only midfielder i would give pass marks to(even if he did have a couple of passes to no one) i thought it strange Marv coming on instead of Slivka, we're at home and we bring on the enforcer :confused: or did NL realise we had already surrendered the midfield so lets try stop them winning, and our Oz heroes should have taken the slow plane back....all of them :)
what is an enforcer? we need someone to win the ball. That aint Slivka, mallin or Horgan

gaz1875
24-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Kamberi waits on the ball then falls over, time and tme again he did this. He needs to move to the ball like he did last season, and stop looking for free kicks he's never going to get.

Dancehibs
24-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Kamberi waits on the ball then falls over, time and tme again he did this. He needs to move to the ball like he did last season, and stop looking for free kicks he's never going to get.
Also he’s very greedy in possession.

J-C
24-11-2018, 07:57 PM
what is an enforcer? we need someone to win the ball. That aint Slivka, mallin or Horgan

Milligan is the enforcer you speak of but today he was doing the job of 3 men, Mallan and Horgan are lazy players who rarely track back quick enough when out of possession, plus he took a knock on his thigh early on and struggled in the 2nd half. Mallan should play in the whole and another midfielder found to partner Milligan, just my opinion obviously.

EH54
24-11-2018, 08:05 PM
Milligan is the enforcer you speak of but today he was doing the job of 3 men, Mallan and Horgan are lazy players who rarely track back quick enough when out of possession, plus he took a knock on his thigh early on and struggled in the 2nd half. Mallan should play in the whole and another midfielder found to partner Milligan, just my opinion obviously.

Agree Mallan needs to be closer to the oppositions box, the more opportunity's he gets to shoot the better. That's his game.

Crammond Hibee
24-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Agree Mallan needs to be closer to the oppositions box, the more opportunity's he gets to shoot the better. That's his game.

I agree and Kamberi was terrible
Not a team player

Borderhibbie76
24-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Bin McLaren. 2 strikers required in January.

If Kamberi doesn’t start improving he can get binned anaw.

Bin Shaw. If Gullan is ahead of Allen and Shaw, get rid of them both.

Give Agyepong another medical. If it raises any question marks, send him back to Manchester.Agree 're Agyepong...no point having a player on loan that is never fit...send him back down south and get a replacement in the door

The problem with the front 2 is we are far too reliant on them as we currently don't have anyone capable of replacing them...and they both badly miss playing infront of a decent midfield.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-11-2018, 11:20 PM
fair points :agree: Horgan was the only midfielder i would give pass marks to(even if he did have a couple of passes to no one) i thought it strange Marv coming on instead of Slivka, we're at home and we bring on the enforcer :confused: or did NL realise we had already surrendered idfield so lets try stop them winning, and our Oz heroes should have taken the slow plane back....all of them :)

We were crying out for marv today - some presence and legs.

Brooster
25-11-2018, 12:31 AM

Never read so much garbage in all my life. The front 2 were horrendous and Porteous was man of the match by some distance.

Scotty Leither
25-11-2018, 12:35 AM
Agree 're Agyepong...no point having a player on loan that is never fit...send him back down south and get a replacement in the door

The problem with the front 2 is we are far too reliant on them as we currently don't have anyone capable of replacing them...and they both badly miss playing infront of a decent midfield.

I felt sorry for Agyepong going off injured, but the harsh truth is he's went off injured...again.

The churn of players at the moment is worrying IMO because of it smacks of the manager trying every player he has at his disposal in the hope, rather than the belief, that they'll come good.

The lack of game time of our "international" class signings is indicative of that, and I'd be intrigued to hear George Craig's justification of their recruitment.

The paucity of options and imbalance of the squad is not acceptable, especially given the money we received in the summer, and I never cease to be bewildered at the prissiness and caution that bedevils the Hibs amongst the upper echelons of the club.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Never read so much garbage in all my life. The front 2 were horrendous and Porteous was man of the match by some distance.

Porteous wasn't MOTM by any distance. Miller was his man and targeted him all day. Missing for the early chance and bailed out by Bogdan (same as Vs Hamilton). Miles away for the 1st goal (although Hanlon was slow as well). Poor distribution all day. He actually lost a few headers because miller was smarter.

Front 2 created chances, worked hard. Maclaren was our only real person who looked like he might score. Kamberi some nice touches and clever play despite having the ball blootered at him all day. When Macca came off we looked dreadful.

Heckys Wheel
25-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Porteous wasn't MOTM by any distance. Miller was his man and targeted him all day. Missing for the early chance and bailed out by Bogdan (same as Vs Hamilton). Miles away for the 1st goal (although Hanlon was slow as well). Poor distribution all day. He actually lost a few headers because miller was smarter.

Front 2 created chances, worked hard. Maclaren was our only real person who looked like he might score. Kamberi some nice touches and clever play despite having the ball blootered at him all day. When Macca came off we looked dreadful.

You really have to wonder if you watched the same games as other people sometimes. Unreal.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2018, 12:47 AM
You really have to wonder if you watched the same games as other people sometimes. Unreal.

What have I said that was wrong? I'm stated facts from the game. Porteous lost Miller for the chance. Was on the edge of the box for the goal.

Maclaren had one disallowed. One off the line. Another just wide. All in first half. Flo helped create all those chances.

Sorry for not joining in the Porteous future Scotland captain and Maclaren is dreadful circle jerk. I'll do better and keep my silly opinions to myself.

Heckys Wheel
25-11-2018, 12:51 AM
What have I said that was wrong? I'm stated facts from the game. Porteous lost Miller for the chance. Was on the edge of the box for the goal.

Maclaren had one disallowed. One off the line. Another just wide. All in first half. Flo helped create all those chances.

Sorry for not joining in the Porteous future Scotland captain and Maclaren is dreadful circle jerk. I'll do better and keep my silly opinions to myself.

It’s not facts and it’s not silly opinions. You’re talking sh*te.

Not sure if you listened to the game on the radio and these were the conclusions you took from the commentary or if you just don’t have a clue. Either way, it’s sh*te.

Hi Heid Yin
25-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Does anyone know how many times all 3 played together last season and what the outcomes of the games were?

micksoo
25-11-2018, 12:54 AM

This

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2018, 12:55 AM
It’s not facts and it’s not silly opinions. You’re talking sh*te.

Not sure if you listened to the game on the radio and these were the conclusions you took from the commentary or if you just don’t have a clue. Either way, it’s sh*te.

So Porteous was marking Miller then?
Maclaren didn't have a goal disallowed?
Maclaren didnt have a shot cleared off the line or just wide?
Kamberi didn't set those chances up?

Am I making this all up?

Crammond Hibee
25-11-2018, 01:01 AM
I felt all three were poor
Miller gave Porteous a torrid time and the front men did not show for the ball all day. The game stopped at the strikers .

Weegreenman
25-11-2018, 06:20 AM

Agree with this. We’re seriously lacking a playmaker. Someone who can thread those passes through to McLaren. The wee guy makes run after run but nobody in this current side has the ability to play him in. As for Kamberi, he had the worst game yesterday I think I’ve seen him have. He totally lacked that basic enthusiasm he had when he first arrived at the club. He would chase lost causes and basically be a pain for any defence. I have no doubt he’ll soon get back to his best form in the very near future.

Nicho87
25-11-2018, 08:25 AM
They have a cheek to call that a partnership.

what I particularly enjoyed was when Kamberi just let the ball go over his head and let the smaller mclaren attempt to win the header. Laughable.

kamberi defiantly not the same player, got his contract and now seeing an attitude of mr big I am.

J-C
25-11-2018, 08:36 AM

what I particularly enjoyed was when Kamberi just let the ball go over his head and let the smaller mclaren attempt to win the header. Laughable.

kamberi defiantly not the same player, got his contract and now seeing an attitude of mr big I am.

Said the same yesterday, played out his skin to get a contract, he did have a wee injury earlier and it's been suggested he needs a wee ok but he doesn't have the same swagger or cockiness of last season.

Winston Ingram
25-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Kamberi just had a bad game.

MacLaren was just his usual gash self. I genuinely cannot believe this man is a footballer.

Hibernian Verse
25-11-2018, 09:40 AM
So Porteous was marking Miller then?
Maclaren didn't have a goal disallowed?
Maclaren didnt have a shot cleared off the line or just wide?
Kamberi didn't set those chances up?

Am I making this all up?I'll back you up on this. By no means the worst two on the park and we were looking good for 40 mins.

How Boyle has escaped criticism is beyond me. Absolutely no end product. Simple ball across the box for a tap and he managed to smash it out of play neither hitting the target or a Hibs player.

Think you're being slightly harsh on Porteous though. He was learning on his feet yesterday against an old head in Miller. It will hopefully have done him the world of good as he has a big future. Distribution must improve as well, it was shocking yesterday bar 1 good hoof.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Agree with this. We’re seriously lacking a playmaker. Someone who can thread those passes through to McLaren. The wee guy makes run after run but nobody in this current side has the ability to play him in. As for Kamberi, he had the worst game yesterday I think I’ve seen him have. He totally lacked that basic enthusiasm he had when he first arrived at the club. He would chase lost causes and basically be a pain for any defence. I have no doubt he’ll soon get back to his best form in the very near future.

Sick of everyone else being blamed for MacLaren’s lack of goals. There are plenty players there who can play him in. He could easily have had a couple in the first half yesterday but missed good chances.

He’s failed to score in 7 or 8 starts this season and that’s not down to everyone else. Lennon said it in his interview after the game, he needs to do more for the team.

Jones28
25-11-2018, 09:44 AM

Scott Allan SOS

Yepp agree totally.

Thegreenside
25-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Think flo is working for a contract with the wwe.

Only interested in trying to wrestle the centre backs