PDA

View Full Version : Today’s ref

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Total and utter moron

Well done Greg Aitken, I never thought I’d see a refereeing performance as bad as Alan Freeland again Falkirk many years ago but you take the incompetent biscuit

Let them away with murder and gave Dundee a very early Christmas present

Yes we shouldn’t have dropped points from a 2 goal advantage but this comes down to the ref giving them every decision and advantage

But no one official can criticise him so they ****tard will be allowed to continue unpunished

Well done sfa, other ****ing idiot ruining our game

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 04:02 PM
No worse than hibs

No mate

Miles worse than Hibs

givescotlandfreedom
24-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Atrocious

Heckys Wheel
24-11-2018, 04:10 PM
No mate

Miles worse than Hibs

Nowhere near as bad as our strikers’ performance today.

Brooster
24-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Are you blaming the ref for that pathetic performance?

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Nowhere near as bad as our strikers’ performance today.

Flo must have been denied about 10 freekicks in the first half alone. One denied lead to the Dundee goal on 45mins

The ref let their defence away with murder all game. Of course that affects their performance

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 04:26 PM

So the ref has no affect on the game at all?

Every decision went in Dundee’s favour

We were poor but the ref ruined the game for the team trying to play football

They were wasting time at the 65min mark

Time wasting and fouls going unpunished if you were wearing light blue and claret today

The Harp Awakes
24-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Sometimes you get refs who are just poor and both teams are affected. Today's ref just looked like plain biased against Hibs.

We're lucky there wasn't a challenge on a Dundee player in the box as he would have given an instant pen for any kind of tackle.

YanYansen
24-11-2018, 04:35 PM
The ref had nothing to do with allowing their No.27 to run unchallenged from the halfway line and pop it into the net.

TelaStella
24-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Funny that the ref from that Falkirk game years ago was the first thing to spring to my mind in my post match rant today, I just couldn’t remember his name. That guy today was worryingly atrocious and his linesman on the west stand side was even worse, effing terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partyraiser
24-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Was our disallowed goal in the first half offside? I was pretty much in line with it in the west lower and didn't look it to me!

Albanian Hibs
24-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Did the ref score their 2 goals?

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Was our disallowed goal in the first half offside? I was pretty much in line with it in the west lower and didn't look it to me!

Slightly but under a foot on the slow mo replay

I would say a lucky guess more than a correct decision given the refs team performance during the rest of the game

SirDavidsNapper
24-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Blaming the ref is a comfort blanket

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Blaming the ref is a comfort blanket

So he had a good and unbiased performance today that didn’t affect the game at all?

No one is staying Hibs were brilliant today, quite to opposite but to suggest the ref doesn’t affect the game is naive

Saturday Boy
24-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Why is it impossible to say that the referee was appalling , without countless posts saying “is that why we lost the game”

We were poor today, but that ref was in a class of his own.

lord bunberry
24-11-2018, 04:58 PM

The ref had nothing to do with allowing their No.27 to run unchallenged from the halfway line and pop it into the net.

Did the ref score their 2 goals?
It is possible for us and the referee to have bad games. We were crap, but the referee was absolutely shocking. No one is saying he cost us the game.

Saturday Boy
24-11-2018, 04:59 PM
It is possible for us and the referee to have bad games. We were crap, but the referee was absolutely shocking. No one is saying he cost us the game.

You can obviously type quicker than me 😄

stoneyburn hibs
24-11-2018, 05:00 PM
So he had a good and unbiased performance today that didn’t affect the game at all?

I agree, he did play a part in us not getting the win. He was absolutely hopeless.

weecounty hibby
24-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Hibs didn't play well but he was on a different level. Incompetent in the extreme. I don't think Flo played well today but he was pulled and pushed everytime the ball was near him and never got a free kick. Boyle injured on the edge of our box, play on. Dundee player injured at the edge of their box, game stopped. He was useless and I can't understand how these guys get to the top level of the game when they are so bad

The Green Goblin
24-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Here you...enough of yer common sense malarkey! Pick a side and batter in like everyone else. :greengrin

matty_f
24-11-2018, 06:20 PM
The ref was beyond terrible today. Incompetent would be being kind to him.

emerald green
24-11-2018, 06:47 PM
The referee was what I've come to expect now. For me, the description incompetent doesn't really cover it. He was worse than that. It's no wonder some might question his impartiality.

EH54
24-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Worse ref in a long time and that takes some doing. Complete clown.

J-C
24-11-2018, 07:00 PM
1st time I've seen this ref and he's as bad if not worse than all the other corrupt incompetent refs in Scotland, just brutal.

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Think he has an issue with Hibs reffed a game at Dunfermline when he gave us nothing and gave a pen when Lewis handled from a yard or so. Was the yellow count 3 0 to Hibs incredible if that was the case.

Utterly horrific.

EH54
24-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Clubs need to really start having a go at the officials. They can't all just be poor surely. I actually get more frustrated at the linesmen. They are bound to see most incidents but never flag to the ref to stop it they just let the ref continue to make a Noel hunt of himself. Today as an example the amount of times kamberi had his shirt about ripped of his back, surely the linesman can step in there.

Eyrie
24-11-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm assuming he won a raffle at the local lodge to be a referee for a day, because he was completely clueless.

Skol
24-11-2018, 07:22 PM

I thought Horgan and Maclaren were off when the ball was played to Horgan and Maclaren was still offside when the ball played to him. Flag looked like it went up early for Horgan

matty_f
24-11-2018, 07:31 PM
The decision to let play continue when Boyle was injured, yet so play when the Dundee player was injured was a great example of his nonsense today.

Mallan was penalised for handball after the ball hit his arm from under a meter away, yet every Dundee handball (and the were a few) went unpunished.

Bogdan's yellow for time wasting was interesting as well, don't mind the decision if he's booking the Dundee players for doing it too.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-11-2018, 09:35 PM
As much as the ref was poor and some of his decisions were questionable, losing a 2 nil lead was down to Hibs being poor today. The ref had little influence in that imho.

Onceinawhile
24-11-2018, 09:38 PM
The decision to let play continue when Boyle was injured, yet so play when the Dundee player was injured was a great example of his nonsense today.

Mallan was penalised for handball after the ball hit his arm from under a meter away, yet every Dundee handball (and the were a few) went unpunished.

Bogdan's yellow for time wasting was interesting as well, don't mind the decision if he's booking the Dundee players for doing it too.

How bogdan got booked, but their number 9 didn't was unbelievable. They had players punting the ball away all game as well.

Actually thought he played the advantage rule early on quite well, but then had a nightmare.

Soon as we scored from a free kick for the second goal, we were never getting another.

Criswell
24-11-2018, 09:56 PM
The only good thing I can say about today is that we at least got a draw, which is pretty miraculous considering that refereeing performance.

RoxburghHibs
25-11-2018, 06:16 AM
As much as the ref was poor and some of his decisions were questionable, losing a 2 nil lead was down to Hibs being poor today. The ref had little influence in that imho.

Agreed but the “little influence” the ref had did hinder us. But we should have been good enough to win regardless.

Aldo
25-11-2018, 08:13 AM
We were poor no doubt about it but the ref was shocking. The clear handball in the lead up to their second was plain to see but not to him.

Some very poor decisions all over the park by him and his assists over the duration of the game today.

FWIW I’m not taking away our poor display but this was as poor a refereeing performance as I have seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
25-11-2018, 08:40 AM

Yup - so inconsistent.

Football needs to sort out the issue of players taking injuries.

FIFA need to change rule so it’s more like rugby and physio can come on to treat player (player becomes invisible) or roll on and off subs for an injury.

Just encourages time wasting.

Would also give a microphone to ref to hear them explain some of these nonsense decisions - again similar to rugby and available for fans if they want to hear it.

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Although a stupid rule that doesn’t affect the game in any way, is there not something in place to say that anything worn under your strip needs to be the same colour as your sleeves? Dundee players wore navy

JimBHibees
26-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Although a stupid rule that doesn’t affect the game in any way, is there not something in place to say that anything worn under your strip needs to be the same colour as your sleeves? Dundee players wore navy

Mentioned that to my son at the game pretty sure it has to be the same colour as their strip.

BoomtownHibees
26-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Mentioned that to my son at the game pretty sure it has to be the same colour as their strip.

As I said it matters not a jot to the game itself but if he can’t get the basics right then what chance have we got

angus hibby
26-11-2018, 08:19 PM

Yes. Refs won’t let my under 14 team have different coloured under armours on!

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-11-2018, 08:39 PM

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing at the game. Was like watching a game from 10 years ago when players could wear any colour of under armer. If the ref isn’t even aware of that rule what chance we got. Utter incompetence

macca70
26-11-2018, 10:07 PM
It wasn’t even inconsistent or incompetence, it was just blatant cheating from the ref!!

There needs to be a rule introduced like rugby, if a foul/free kick has been given, the defending team absolutely cannot touch/pick up/kick/prevent the ball getting to the free kick spot.

This Drives me mental, especially when it’s happening under the refs nose. There was 1 instance in the 2nd half where a free kick was awarded and a Dundee player has interfered 3 times to prevent the ball getting to the spot for the free kick and blatantly slowing the game down.

The ref turning a blind eye to this was just a tiny part of the blatant cheating by the ref on Saturday.

Ref is not the excuse for us getting beat, it was just massively frustrating.

JimBHibees
27-11-2018, 06:31 AM
It wasn’t even inconsistent or incompetence, it was just blatant cheating from the ref!!

There needs to be a rule introduced like rugby, if a foul/free kick has been given, the defending team absolutely cannot touch/pick up/kick/prevent the ball getting to the free kick spot.

This Drives me mental, especially when it’s happening under the refs nose. There was 1 instance in the 2nd half where a free kick was awarded and a Dundee player has interfered 3 times to prevent the ball getting to the spot for the free kick and blatantly slowing the game down.

The ref turning a blind eye to this was just a tiny part of the blatant cheating by the ref on Saturday.

Ref is not the excuse for us getting beat, it was just massively frustrating.

Totally agree Miller got in the way a few times and the worst one was McGowan in full view of the ref kicking the ball away. The weakness shown around this gamesmanship is horrific and no idea why refs allow this to happen.