PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Dundee

Pages : 1 [2]

Jim44
24-11-2018, 04:09 PM
If you think these performances and results are acceptable you are beyond help.

You obviously don’t know me. My ‘sarcastic’ post was meant to be ‘anti-happy clappers’. Something lost in translation or something like that. Make no mistake ...... we are crap at the moment.

Mr_F
24-11-2018, 04:11 PM
I mind being slaughtered repeatedly on here earlier in the season for saying we were poor and our midfield was pathetic, now there’s no more fisherman & partimers to beat everyone is slowly catching on...

Joe6-2
24-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Hearts got beat.

True, but we gained a point on them

FitbaFolkKen
24-11-2018, 04:14 PM
I mind being slaughtered repeatedly on here earlier in the season for saying we were poor and our midfield was pathetic, now there’s no more fisherman & partimers to beat everyone is slowly catching on...

Well done you must be delighted!

delbert
24-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Paul Hanlon at fault for both goals.

You’re not allowed to post stuff like that on here !

Diclonius
24-11-2018, 04:17 PM
We have a very good squad but the midfield can't cut it and I don't understand why Lennon decided a backup striker wasn't needed.

Brightside
24-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Midfield so poor today. No energy and left the defence exposed. Kamberi up top as poor as I’ve seen him. Major issues at the moment and needs fixed ASAP.

hibsbollah
24-11-2018, 04:18 PM
True, but we gained a point on them

:scarf::lolyam: In the 'Edinburgh teams Vs ***** at the bottom of the table' weekend, we came out on top.

hibsbollah
24-11-2018, 04:19 PM

I think this tells us you are very clever and prescient chap indeed.

Mr_F
24-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Well done you must be delighted!

Far from it. Not one in the camp anymore where a Hibs defeat ruins my weekend but us back being plsh is nothing any supporter will be happy about.

Mr_F
24-11-2018, 04:22 PM
I think this tells us you are very clever and prescient chap indeed.

Thanks pal, appreciate it x

hhibs
24-11-2018, 04:26 PM
You obviously don’t know me. My ‘sarcastic’ post was meant to be ‘anti-happy clappers’. Something lost in translation or something like that. Make no mistake ...... we are crap at the moment.

Apologies,sarcasm radar a bit off at moment !

Bishop Hibee
24-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Pretty poor today. Even at 2-0 up we never looked comfortable. The midfield of Milligan, Mallan and Horgan is not good enough. Horgan in particular looks utterly clueless. Front two didn’t do enough either. Only pass marks go to Ambrose who was excellent especially given he was out of position at right back, Porteous who won everything in the air, Boyle who tried hard but had absolutely no help around him and Bogdan who did nothing wrong. Rest were shaded from below par to awful,

It doesn’t get easier with the run of games we have and not bringing in another striker in the summer looks a bigger mistake as every game passes.

Hibees1973
24-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Any real Hibs supporter has been through this before....good last season then not so good the next. Today’s result was poor especially after being two up.

it seems a no brainier to get Scott Allan in the next transfer window but I’m no longer certain he will come back to us. Given he has done well on two previous occasions with us he does seem a lot better proposition than anybody else we have just now.

Today was a prime opportunity to try and get a bit of momentum going but I feel the vast majority of our new signings are all falling a bit short which means we are going to be inconsistent this season.

The Scottish Cup will be our main focus. Draw is in the next 10 mins....hope we get a lower division team at home.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Something isn’t right in there.

The lack of desire to try and win that game in the second half was shocking. Very similar to St Johnstone a few weeks ago.

No drive and not the same spirit about us as last year.

SteveHFC
24-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Petrie out

We should just play the first stone roses album until kick-off every game.

Hiber-nation
24-11-2018, 05:11 PM
The ones who think Slivka isn't good enough must really hate Horgan and Mallan. Dreadful.

I'd take Slivka over Horgan every time, despite his bad habit of disappearing in most games. None of them are the answer really.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I'd take Slivka over Horgan every time, despite his bad habit of disappearing in most games. None of them are the answer really.

Not really a comparison though. Horgan is a winger being played in the middle of the park. Crazy.

Joe6-2
24-11-2018, 05:14 PM
:scarf::lolyam: In the 'Edinburgh teams Vs ***** at the bottom of the table' weekend, we came out on top.

We were at home against the bottom team!

J-C
24-11-2018, 05:38 PM
That was just brutal

BILLYHIBS
24-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Did not attend today’s game so cannot comment.

I am viewing this thread from my luxury hotel in the sun.

I am now very apprehensive about visiting smiliar threads on this site.

My initial thought is is if this is the response to a draw then thank god we did not lose :confused:

I was spotted sitting in the bar with my HIBS top on when asked today’s result I responded “ once again we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! “

Well it feels like a defeat.

Aberdeen and Hearts lost The Rangers won.

Lago
24-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Repeating myself, but only two things are certain this season - we have no chance of a top four place and we probably won’t get relegated.

I didn't accept this when you first posted it, but now yip, you can, like a slow puncture, sense the feel good slowly disappearing.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2018, 06:10 PM
all credit to that Dundee team, their passing was very good, unlike our 20-30 yard passes that very seldom reached their target, they were also first to every single loose ball, 2-0 and we ****** it up, i've only been impressed with our performances once at ER all season...due to Hamilton being p@sh

Liam6270
24-11-2018, 06:15 PM
You want to slate McLaren when our defence were like ****ing statues yet again, get a ****ing grip !!

Yeah I do, never wanted him back in the first place, never understood all the plaudits

MSK
24-11-2018, 06:19 PM
Yeah I do, never wanted him back in the first place, never understood all the plauditsWhy dont you slate the defence then, the defence that shipped two goals against a team that couldnt buy a ****ing goal !! Naw, it was McLarens fault though eh !!

houstonhibbee
24-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Something isn’t right in there.

The lack of desire to try and win that game in the second half was shocking. Very similar to St Johnstone a few weeks ago.

No drive and not the same spirit about us as last year.
The desire is there just not the guile and quality needed

B.H.F.C
24-11-2018, 06:32 PM
The desire is there just not the guile and quality needed

Agree the guile isn’t there. But don’t think the desire is either. Certainly not the way it was last year. Simple things in the second half like not getting the ball moving quickly from free kicks and throw ins. Watching them wander away with the ball under their arm after the ref had given a foul.

Last season we dropped points that we shouldn’t have. But we put more pressure on teams just by trying to get bodies in to the box. Twice in the last 10 minutes we put a cross in to the box that the goalie picked up after it had bounced. There wasn’t a Hibs player within 15 yards.

wookie70
24-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Agree the guile isn’t there. But don’t think the desire is either. Certainly not the way it was last year. Simple things in the second half like not getting the ball moving quickly from free kicks and throw ins. Watching them wander away with the ball under their arm after the ref had given a foul.

Last season we dropped points that we shouldn’t have. But we put more pressure on teams just by trying to get bodies in to the box. Twice in the last 10 minutes we put a cross in to the box that the goalie picked up after it had bounced. There wasn’t a Hibs player within 15 yards.

I thought we lacked desire in the second half too. The best example was when Bogdan got booked for time wasting. Players looked like they really couldn't be bothered getting back for the corner. I think Bogdan saw that and took one for the team. For me Kamberi and Mallan never broke sweat today. Both ambled around the pitch. Hanlon looks weeks away from being fit and we miss SDG so badly as he is the one that never gives up and drives us on. It was a fairly heartless performance particularly in the second half. We seem to have lost that never beaten till the final whistle attitude that we had last season.

emerald green
24-11-2018, 06:41 PM
all credit to that Dundee team, their passing was very good, unlike our 20-30 yard passes that very seldom reached their target, they were also first to every single loose ball, 2-0 and we ****** it up, i've only been impressed with our performances once at ER all season...due to Hamilton being p@sh

Hibs passing, generally, was pretty poor, as was their running off the ball. Far too many passes seem to fall behind its intended recipient, rather than weighted for a team mate to run onto.