PDA

View Full Version : Crowd size today

eastcoasthibby
24-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Anyone got any info on what sort of size the crowd will be be today, hopefully the break will re-invigorate some of support disappointed with results and performances before it.

Ringothedog
24-11-2018, 08:15 AM
Anyone got any info on what sort of size the crowd will be be today, hopefully the break will re-invigorate some of support disappointed with results and performances before it.

My guess is that it will be officially given as 16750, I know of 3 season ticket holders who will not be there

linlithgowhibbie
24-11-2018, 08:33 AM
17,257 given, approx. 13,500 there

Earlydelivery
24-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Still got couple hundred tickets left in home stands ... first time south not been needed this season .16 400

Golden Bear
24-11-2018, 08:41 AM

I hope you are right but I've a feeling the international break will have had exactly the opposite effect. Momentum is a big thing for regular football attendance as it is for team performances on the park.

Ringothedog
24-11-2018, 08:56 AM
The Scotland game at Murrayfield will have an impact on our crowd today.

we are hibs
24-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Still got couple hundred tickets left in home stands ... first time south not been needed this season .16 400

The South stand is open for today's game.

Keith_M
24-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I think we'll have the lowest league crowd so far this season but should still be over 15k.

pollution
24-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Seats sold 16990. Attendance 15556.

RoxburghHibs
24-11-2018, 11:36 AM
17k or thereabouts- amazing for a game v Dundee at this time of year.

Keith_M
24-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Seats sold 16990. Attendance 15556.

There's usually a couple of thousand or so difference, so could be right

we are hibs
24-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Was just under 17k for the same game this time last year

Famous Fiver
24-11-2018, 11:49 AM
If it's any use I'll be the same size as I have been all season.

CentreLine
24-11-2018, 12:10 PM
If it's any use I'll be the same size as I have been all season.

I’m afraid I’ve put on a few more pounds in the international break so I’m hoping the seat next to mine is empty 😖

Billy Whizz
25-11-2018, 10:21 AM
What was the official attendance? Must have been the lowest league crowd of the season

Sir David Gray
25-11-2018, 10:23 AM
What was the official attendance? Must have been the lowest league crowd of the season

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 10:27 AM

I'd be surprised if there was much more than 12,000 actually in attendance.

It looked like the weather put a lot of people off.

emerald green
25-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Hibs official website gives the attendance yesterday as 16,685.

It's stating the obvious that if the team continues to perform like yesterday, and in the game against St Johnstone, attendances like that will reduce.

Ringothedog
25-11-2018, 12:51 PM

And your guess is based on ? I am in the East and the West stand looked busy I would suggest at least 5k there. There were about 600 in the South, are you saying there were only another 6400 in the East and Famous five?

Sir David Gray
25-11-2018, 01:08 PM
Hibs official website gives the attendance yesterday as 16,685.

It's stating the obvious that if the team continues to perform like yesterday, and in the game against St Johnstone, attendances like that will reduce.

We'll certainly struggle to match this season's season ticket sales next year unless we improve.

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 01:29 PM
And your guess is based on ? I am in the East and the West stand looked busy I would suggest at least 5k there. There were about 600 in the South, are you saying there were only another 6400 in the East and Famous five?

Based on my view of the East and FF from the West Lower.

It easily looked like there were at least a third of the seats empty.

tamig
25-11-2018, 01:33 PM

Thought there was easily more than that. Both the west and east looked pretty full from where I was.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2018, 01:34 PM

I agree. Loads of empty seats round about us in the middle of the east.

Lancs Harp
25-11-2018, 01:43 PM
I wouldnt go as far as a third but there was certainly a good number of empty seats in the East.

The actual number of attendees was 14,367. I counted them in one of our numerous quiet spells.

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 02:00 PM
I wouldnt go as far as a third but there was certainly a good number of empty seats in the East.

The actual number of attendees was 14,367. I counted them in one of our numerous quiet spells.

Well I must have counted when they were all at the food kiosks, cos I got a total of 12,589

Billy Whizz
25-11-2018, 02:07 PM

The row I was in was more than 2/3 thirds empty

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Cheers, Billy.

Maybe you had to be sat in the West to see just how empty the East really was, and the FF Lower, obviously.

I still think the weather played a big part in the low turnout

Billy Whizz
25-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Cheers, Billy.

Maybe you had to be sat in the West to see just how empty the East really was, and the FF Lower, obviously.

I still think the weather played a big part in the low turnout

Weather wasn’t really that bad, wee bit rain but nothing major

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2018, 02:57 PM
If we are starting a “Where are you?” thread I would like to get my excuse in first I am currently on holiday and my son a fellow ST holder attended the Bayern Munich match and they too only drew after leading 3-1 which goes to show it can happen to the best teams which makes football such a great and unpredictable sport add into the mix the fact that Aberdeen and Hearts also lost!

Weegreenman
25-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Football on show is pish and the atmosphere also pish = not as good an enjoyable day out as it was not so long ago. Unless Lenny can work a bit of magic in the January window, I fancy attendances will drop like a dead fly!

silverhibee
25-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Some deodorant might be the probs Billy. :greengrin

CMurdoch
25-11-2018, 03:49 PM
I agree. Loads of empty seats round about us in the middle of the east.

Ditto from sitting in the same East section.
Did you hear the guy shouting at Angepong along the lines of why don't you leave you aren't interested, when he was down injured. Outrageous.
I sit in Z and it sounded like it came from about 4 rows behind me.

Saturday Boy
25-11-2018, 03:54 PM
I fancy attendances will drop like a dead fly!

I’d pay to see that 😉

Maybe one for the singing section to choreograph?

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 03:58 PM
If we are starting a “Where are you?” thread ...

I didn't read anything criticizing those missing...

...yah snowflake!

:na na:

Billy Whizz
25-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Some deodorant might be the probs Billy. :greengrin

Ha ha, plenty of people beside me, just both ends had no one in them

Keith_M
25-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Ha ha, plenty of people beside me, just both ends had no one in them

When did this turn into innuendo central?

:eek:

Eyrie
25-11-2018, 04:38 PM
If we are starting a “Where are you?” thread I would like to get my excuse in first I am currently on holiday and my son a fellow ST holder attended the Bayern Munich match and they too only drew after leading 3-1 which goes to show it can happen to the best teams which makes football such a great and unpredictable sport add into the mix the fact that Aberdeen and Hearts also lost!

That was one of the more frustrating things about yesterday.

The other results went our way with defeats for Aberdeen, Hearts and Livingston whilst St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock was a draw. We were 2-0 up against the struggling bottom team and had the perfect opportunity to make up ground on our direct rivals, yet blew it.

emerald green
25-11-2018, 04:45 PM
We'll certainly struggle to match this season's season ticket sales next year unless we improve.

:agree: It would be a real shame if the "feelgood factor", and increased ticket sales, which came from winning the Scottish Cup was to be lost.

Lago
25-11-2018, 04:52 PM
:agree: It would be a real shame if the "feelgood factor", and increased ticket sales, which came from winning the Scottish Cup was to be lost.

It would be, but I feel it's already happening.

emerald green
25-11-2018, 05:07 PM
It would be, but I feel it's already happening.

Hopefully not, but a lot depends on our results up to the new year.

BullsCloseHibs
25-11-2018, 05:51 PM

Pity the Attendances will fall and fall if they keep up this crap

Scotty Leither
25-11-2018, 06:01 PM

We should be nudging 15/16k season tickets now, backed up by a positive marketing campaign in the summer augmented by two really big signings to compensate for losing McGinn.

Basically a continuum of the positivity generated over the last two seasons, which we might've had if we had anyone in a position of influence at Board level with a modicum of ambition.

Instead we've reverted to type with short-term uninspiring signings in the hope they'll turn out "alright" and a slavish devotion to the bottom line.

It's the "Hibs'way" dontcha know?

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I didn't read anything criticizing those missing...

...yah snowflake!

:na na:

Exactly! I don’t have to justify why I am in the sun eating all I can eat and drink all I can drink and not watching that pish to anyone 😂

Shrekko
25-11-2018, 07:01 PM

It’s a bit pathetic though when fans are deserting in droves on the back of 4/5 not so great performances. Do the fans not have a part to play in helping the team back to form?

I find it utterly amazing that at least 2-3000 ST holders aren’t attending games and to be honest it’s borderline embarrassing announcing over 16k at the game yesterday given the swathes of empty seats.

weecounty hibby
25-11-2018, 07:05 PM
It’s a bit pathetic though when fans are deserting in droves on the back of 4/5 not so great performances. Do the fans not have a part to play in helping the team back to form?

I find it utterly amazing that at least 2-3000 ST holders aren’t attending games and to be honest it’s borderline embarrassing announcing over 16k at the game yesterday given the swathes of empty seats.
There is nothing unusual or embarrassing about STs not turning up. Me and my son have missed three games already this season and there is a chance that we will miss others. The fact that we e have 13000+ STs should not be an embarrassment, some have bought these knowing that they can't make every game

PatHead
25-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Missing both the Celtic and The Rangers matches. Gutted.

Shrekko
25-11-2018, 09:40 PM
There is nothing unusual or embarrassing about STs not turning up. Me and my son have missed three games already this season and there is a chance that we will miss others. The fact that we e have 13000+ STs should not be an embarrassment, some have bought these knowing that they can't make every game

Didn’t say it was embarrassing that ST’s don’t turn up- read my post. I said it was (to me) surprising that so many fail to attend most weeks.

What i don’t quite get is announcing an ‘attendance’ of over 16k when it’s clear that nowhere near that many have ‘attended’.

Ringothedog
25-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Didn’t say it was embarrassing that ST’s don’t turn up- read my post. I said it was (to me) surprising that so many fail to attend most weeks.

What i don’t quite get is announcing an ‘attendance’ of over 16k when it’s clear that nowhere near that many have ‘attended’.

Hibs announce tickets sold and have done for a good few years, not difficult to comprehend