PDA

View Full Version : Lennon and Ireland position

Diclonius
23-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Figured I might as well make a separate thread for this given there's a fair bit of dicussion about it.

Lennon has just commented about it here (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46318339), which suggests he'd probably be interested if they wanted to speak to him.

wpj
23-11-2018, 01:18 PM
I read it as not interested and not approached

Souter96Mac
23-11-2018, 01:24 PM
This seems to be Lennon's comments every time he gets linked with a job. Don't read much into it

The_Horde
23-11-2018, 02:07 PM
It's Mick Mccarthy's job. Some bookies had closed getting as of yesterday.

bingo70
23-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Figured I might as well make a separate thread for this given there's a fair bit of dicussion about it.

Lennon has just commented about it here (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46318339), which suggests he'd probably be interested if they wanted to speak to him.

Not really, it suggests he was asked about it and had to provide an answer.

I don't think there's any doubt that he'd be interested should they want to speak to him but i don't think his response to the question really means anything.

It's looking like Mick McCarthy is a stick on for the job anyway so don't think there's too much to worry about here.

bingo70
23-11-2018, 02:25 PM
It's Mick Mccarthy's job. Some bookies had closed getting as of yesterday.

I'm really surprised he is such a popular choice for the Irish. I know there was a poster on here explaining it but it's a real backwards step for them IMO.

From looking at the candidates Lennon would be my first choice by a mile if i was them, thankfully i'm not though :greengrin

Lago
23-11-2018, 02:41 PM
I'm really surprised he is such a popular choice for the Irish. I know there was a poster on here explaining it but it's a real backwards step for them IMO.

From looking at the candidates Lennon would be my first choice by a mile if i was them, thankfully i'm not though :greengrin

Agree

Keith_M
23-11-2018, 04:11 PM
I'm really surprised he is such a popular choice for the Irish.

His name sounds right?

G B Young
23-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I could see Lennon giving this one some serious consideration were things to go any further than just speculation. I get the impression that while he has relished working at Hibs, the way the sectarian baggage has again started to impact on his life despite being away from the Glasgow pressure cooker has been weighing him down in recent months. The chance to work in a job that's not 9-5 and would allow him a lot of punditry time - plus the possibility of living in what you imagine would be a 'Lennon friendly' Republic may well appeal right now. Really depends on how strong his hunger remains for a hands-on role - and whether he genuinely believes he can achieve more than he has with Hibs.

All irrelevant of course if McCarthy is indeed a shoe-in for the job.

Borderhibbie76
23-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Whether it's the Ireland job or the next decent opportunity down south that comes along...I have a nagging feeling Lennon won't be at Hibs much longer. No inside info or anything but just a horrid feeling I have...I think he saw last season as our big chance with that team we had and that's why he blew a gasket after losing at Tiny...as I say hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Callum_62
23-11-2018, 05:12 PM
SSN - FAI in talks with Mick McCarthy and his representatives - they hope to appoint him in next 48 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s Lucy!
23-11-2018, 05:16 PM
His name sounds right?

Probably is tbh.

It's not like Big Yorkshire Mick is a top manager!

B.H.F.C
23-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Whether it's the Ireland job or the next decent opportunity down south that comes along...I have a nagging feeling Lennon won't be at Hibs much longer. No inside info or anything but just a horrid feeling I have...I think he saw last season as our big chance with that team we had and that's why he blew a gasket after losing at Tiny...as I say hope I'm wrong

He’s got plenty work to do here before he can get a better job than what he has already.

He had Celtic in the last 16 of the champions league and the best he could get after that was Bolton who were in an absolute mess.

Eyrie
23-11-2018, 07:17 PM
His name sounds right?
He'd be an even better fit for the Russia job if it comes up.

heretoday
24-11-2018, 07:17 AM
He's Irish. Ergo, he's a candidate.

Treadstone
24-11-2018, 07:26 AM
International equivalent of the Bolton job he took a few years ago. Not a lot of talent and little cause for optimism. Can't see him making that mistake again.

Borderhibbie76
24-11-2018, 12:47 PM
He’s got plenty work to do here before he can get a better job than what he has already.

He had Celtic in the last 16 of the champions league and the best he could get after that was Bolton who were in an absolute mess.I agree mate just a feeling I've got...also heard rumours he wants out of Scotland and has told Dempster who has asked him to stay till end of season...no idea if it's true or not but wouldn't surprise me

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I agree mate just a feeling I've got...also heard rumours he wants out of Scotland and has told Dempster who has asked him to stay till end of season...no idea if it's true or not but wouldn't surprise me

So you don't know what is going on?

Borderhibbie76
24-11-2018, 12:53 PM
So you don't know what is going on?Heard this week's ago after the St J game but never posted it as I knew that's exactly the response it would get on here...I was only passing in what I'd heard...no idea if true or not but I do think he will want away from Scotland sooner rather than later given his comments lately

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 12:56 PM
He stated yesterday in the press conference he was happy here. He is also under contract. Let's enjoy him whilst he is here.

Diclonius
24-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Looks like it's McCarthy. Phew!

Borderhibbie76
24-11-2018, 01:16 PM
He stated yesterday in the press conference he was happy here. He is also under contract. Let's enjoy him whilst he is here.To be fair all he said was he had a good job here...he stopped short of saying he was staying/delighted to stay...I wasn't at all convinced mate with what he had to say tbh

DarlingtonHibee
24-11-2018, 01:28 PM
What do you want him to say?