PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Tom Eaves

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2018, 05:19 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3526692/tom-eaves-hibs-neil-lennon-gillingham/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 05:27 PM
The ba's in the slates now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MyJo
22-11-2018, 05:29 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3526692/tom-eaves-hibs-neil-lennon-gillingham/

Sounds promising, hopefully we get him signed up before Craig Levein realises there is a 6'5 striker out there he hasn't signed yet.

SirDavidsNapper
22-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Got absolutely no knowledge of the lad but if Lennon has worked with him before and wants to bring him here then sounds promising

EH54
22-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Sounds like the boy we need. Plenty of headed goals. Hope we pull it off.

Wilson
22-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Sounds like the boy we need. Plenty of headed goals. Hope we pull it off.

If that's what it takes to get him through the door...

staunchhibby
22-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Hear they have also got an 18year old on trial from down south

EH54
22-11-2018, 06:02 PM

Haha well played!

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2018, 06:02 PM

:tee hee:

Famous Fiver
22-11-2018, 06:49 PM
And here's me thinking when I saw the headline that we were getting a Black Friday Steak Bake.

Ah well..............

04Sauzee
22-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Tom Eaves Gillingham goalscoring record:

1️⃣8️⃣ in 4️⃣7️⃣ apps in 2017-18
1️⃣2️⃣ in 2️⃣2️⃣ apps in 2018-19

TOTAL:

3️⃣0️⃣ in 6️⃣9️⃣ apps

(Despite just 57 starts)

Peevemor
22-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Gutter press!

Ryan69
22-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Now EVERYBODY is now aware of a secret scouting mission....He wont be coming here.

Thanks guttertrash Sun!

LancashireHibby
22-11-2018, 07:20 PM
I saw a lot of Eaves when he was a kid at Bolton. He was signed by Owen Coyle on the back of scoring a hat trick for Oldham in a pre season game and seemed to do ok when he was out on loan elsewhere but really struggled whenever he got a chance in the first team. To be honest even for the U21s he always looked quite limited, but he seems to have a decent record at Gillingham so I’m sure could do ok for Hibs as long as we don’t expect the world from him.

Diclonius
22-11-2018, 07:28 PM
The big huge striker we need. Excellent.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2018, 07:31 PM
If Lennon has worked with him before and thinks that he can do a job for us then that is good enough for me.

theonlywayisup
22-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Gutter press!

Agree, I refuse to click on their website.

I'd rather be in the dark than click the link.

The 90+2
22-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Agree, I refuse to click on their website.

I'd rather be in the dark than click the link.

https://the72.co.uk/119570/hibernian-boss-lennon-linked-move-gillingham-hotshot/

bingo70
22-11-2018, 07:49 PM
https://youtu.be/VIKrS8_kvBI

Boy loves a header and looks a handful.

When I saw him lining up to take a penalty I was half expecting to see him header it in.

Eyrie
22-11-2018, 07:50 PM
The ba's in the slates now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gutter press!

Thatch enough puns!

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Thatch enough puns!

A signing to raise the roof?

BoltonHibee
22-11-2018, 07:58 PM
I saw a lot of Eaves when he was a kid at Bolton. He was signed by Owen Coyle on the back of scoring a hat trick for Oldham in a pre season game and seemed to do ok when he was out on loan elsewhere but really struggled whenever he got a chance in the first team. To be honest even for the U21s he always looked quite limited, but he seems to have a decent record at Gillingham so I’m sure could do ok for Hibs as long as we don’t expect the world from him.

Has had a good start to the season and looks like he's improve quite a bit since his Bolton days. He’s playing more to his size 6"5 decent movement (although can still be bit lazy at times )

Austinho
22-11-2018, 08:00 PM
He’s top scorer in League One this season.

bingo70
22-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Has had a good start to the season and looks like he's improve quite a bit since his Bolton days. He’s playing more to his size 6"5 decent movement (although can still be bit lazy at times )

I think players of that build and design sometimes only really come onto a game when they fill out and become a bit more powerful.

From the YouTube clip he reminds me of Andy Carroll, he obviously won’t be as good as him but in terms of his style there looked to be similarities.

Ryan69
22-11-2018, 08:23 PM
I think players of that build and design sometimes only really come onto a game when they fill out and become a bit more powerful.

From the YouTube clip he reminds me of Andy Carroll, he obviously won’t be as good as him but in terms of his style there looked to be similarities.

Id certainly hope he is alot more effective...Carroll is injured 90% of his career

Smartie
22-11-2018, 08:47 PM
He sounds like a bit of a pudding to me.

HoboHarry
22-11-2018, 08:55 PM
If he's dedicated and doesn't enjoy nights on the tiles he'll do for me.....

hibees 7062
22-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Wonder if Potter will ask Sean Clare about him

ehf
22-11-2018, 11:03 PM
He sounds like a bit of a pudding to me.

Well, we are operating on a Shoestring budget.

Heisenberg
23-11-2018, 06:23 AM
He’s top scorer in League One this season.

Which probably means he’ll attract some interest from lower championship clubs down south. He sounds like the big striker we need but probably won’t be easy to sign him up, especially in January.

Northernhibee
23-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Tom Eaves
Tom Eaves
Tom Eaves
Tom Eaves
I’m begging of you please just finish a chance

hibsbollah
23-11-2018, 07:23 AM
He's been regularly touted as a championship calibre player on Caroline Barkers Football League podcast. I think there will be higher paying clubs than us in for him.

Diclonius
23-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Does anyone think this guy may well be out of our price range? It's not often we're able to sign from a League One club.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 08:33 AM
Why is it a big striker we need? It's quality we need, tall or short. We don't need a target man if we can get from A to B without punting it.

Hopefully he's a good player and we sign him but I hope there's a bit more to it than his height.

MyJo
23-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Why is it a big striker we need? It's quality we need, tall or short. We don't need a target man if we can get from A to B without punting it.

Hopefully he's a good player and we sign him but I hope there's a bit more to it than his height.

We need someone who can play up front on their own other than Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw don’t have the strength to outmuscle defenders in this league and work better with a striking partner who can get in defenders faces and do the rough stuff.

Kamberi’s suspension shows that we are woefully short up front without him. Having someone of his size for Mallan to aim corners and free kicks towards will also come in handy.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 08:48 AM
We need someone who can play up front on their own other than Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw don’t have the strength to outmuscle defenders in this league and work better with a striking partner who can get in defenders faces and do the rough stuff.

Kamberi’s suspension shows that we are woefully short up front without him. Having someone of his size for Mallan to aim corners and free kicks towards will also come in handy.

Height doesn't relate at all to his ability to play up front on his own though. Quality does. Some of the best lone strikers around are well under 6ft. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he can play up front alone.

Jones28
23-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Tall doesn't mean low quality does it?

calumhibee1
23-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Height doesn't relate at all to his ability to play up front on his own though. Quality does. Some of the best lone strikers around are well under 6ft. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he can play up front alone.

It doesn’t not relate at all. I’d agree with your general point but as a lone striker it’s handy being a bit bigger.

04Sauzee
23-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Tall doesn't mean we take the route one option either , getting the ball out wide and crosses from wide areas into the box for someone who can get on the end of a cross. We can still play attractive football playing through the lines.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Tall doesn't mean low quality does it?

Of course not. Who suggested that?

Earlydelivery
23-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Would be a great addition but money talks .

eastcoasthibby
23-11-2018, 09:30 AM
This is exactly the reason I don't want to know who we are scouting, cos the word gets out and it opens up to potential competition from other teams, and no i am not naive enough to think other teams may not be interested already, but putting this information out there just advertises it. I am delighted they are looking but want the who at part kept quiet !!!

Heisenberg
23-11-2018, 09:38 AM
I think plenty of clubs will be aware of Eaves and don’t really see our interest being published in the Sun making much of a difference. If we offer the best deal he’ll come here.

PatHead
23-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Any decent agent will let it be known he is interesting other clubs. If nothing else it would be to squeeze as much as possible out of Gillingham.

vahibbie
23-11-2018, 09:56 AM
https://youtu.be/VIKrS8_kvBI

Boy loves a header and looks a handful.

When I saw him lining up to take a penalty I was half expecting to see him header it in.

Some good goals in that clip. I know it's only highlights but the lad seems to know his way around the box and he definitely knows how to head a ball.
Would be a good signing me thinks. Can't imagine there won't be some competition to get him tho.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Mate of mine is a Gills fan
Says he’s excellent and has always played well for them
Says Eaves wants to sign a new contract with them but he hasn’t been offered one yet
But when I suggested it, he says that, in his opinion, eaves isn’t an English championship standard player (that he may have found his level

Souter96Mac
23-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Mate of mine is a Gills fan
Says he’s excellent and has always played well for them
Says Eaves wants to sign a new contract with them but he hasn’t been offered one yet
But when I suggested it, he says that, in his opinion, eaves isn’t an English championship standard player (that he may have found his level

Strange the club hasn't offered him a new deal. Top goalscorer in league 1 as it stands.

He looks like he'd be a decent acquisition!

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Strange the club hasn't offered him a new deal. Top goalscorer in league 1 as it stands.

He looks like he'd be a decent acquisition!

I wonder if they have sounded him out on what kind of wages he wants, and they cant get near it? :dunno:

theonlywayisup
23-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Why do posters start a new thread without looking down the front page to see if someone else has posted the same :grr:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335528-Tom-Eaves

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335531-Hibs-after-Tom-Eaves

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335535-Transfer-Rumour-Tom-Eaves

How many Tom Eaves threads do we need? :greengrin

Diclonius
23-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Tom Eaves

Since90+2
23-11-2018, 03:52 PM
I wonder if they have sounded him out on what kind of wages he wants, and they cant get near it? :dunno:

I'd be surprised if we can pay more than Gillingham to be honest.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 03:59 PM
I'd be surprised if we can pay more than Gillingham to be honest.We have more season ticket holders than they have capacity. Wouldn't be that surprising.

hfc rd
23-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Looks like he’d be a good signing but I’m sure he will be interesting a couple of other clubs as well especially if he available on a pre-contract.

greenpaper55
23-11-2018, 04:26 PM
I think you could go to any team in the English lower leagues and they will all have a similar forward. The trouble is most teams have a centre half equally as big so he is doing well in the league of giants ! Worth a punt if we can meet his wages, i wonder what they earn in that league ?

Since90+2
23-11-2018, 04:40 PM
We have more season ticket holders than they have capacity. Wouldn't be that surprising.

We have more season tickets holders than Bournemouth's capacity. It's not a great rational to use.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Think playing under NL before might sway it.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 04:58 PM
We have more season tickets holders than Bournemouth's capacity. It's not a great rational to use.Bournemouth get hundreds of millions in TV money and play at a much higher level than Gillingham. Bournemouth also have a wealthy owner who funded their rise. If my rational is bad...

Since90+2
23-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Bournemouth get hundreds of millions in TV money and play at a much higher level than Gillingham. Bournemouth also have a wealthy owner who funded their rise. If my rational is bad...

It was you who brought up capacity compared to season ticket holders not me. Just pointing out it's a simplistic and daft way to look at what wages clubs can pay as you've just proved.

kaimendhibs
23-11-2018, 06:02 PM
If that's what it takes to get him through the door...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2018, 06:42 PM
It was you who brought up capacity compared to season ticket holders not me. Just pointing out it's a simplistic and daft way to look at what wages clubs can pay as you've just proved.

I think comparing clubs in league 1 and the Premier league is more daft. Hibs are bigger than both but only one has hundreds of millions of free money.

hibsbollah
23-11-2018, 06:47 PM
I think comparing clubs in league 1 and the Premier league is more daft. Hibs are bigger than both but only one has hundreds of millions of free money.

The English football league is just in the process of agreeing a £600 million TV deal. I'm afraid all tiers in England will be leaving us trailing behind in terms of TV money, and wages, in the years to come.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2018, 06:53 PM
The English football league is just in the process of agreeing a £600 million TV deal. I'm afraid all tiers in England will be leaving us trailing behind in terms of TV money, and wages, in the years to come.

Don’t know how it’s distributed but I’d imagine the majority of it will remain in the Championship.

For all Sky are giving them a hell of a lot of money there are a lot of clubs apparently not happy with it.

hibsbollah
23-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Don’t know how it’s distributed but I’d imagine the majority of it will remain in the Championship.

For all Sky are giving them a hell of a lot of money there are a lot of clubs apparently not happy with it.

It's the few big championship clubs that aren't happy. Because they think they can hold out for some sort of premier League two structure which could get them even more. But the way the payments are proposed now, every English team leagues one and two will be able to outbid Hibs for players.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2018, 07:09 PM
It's the few big championship clubs that aren't happy. Because they think they can hold out for some sort of premier League two structure which could get them even more. But the way the payments are proposed now, every English team leagues one and two will be able to outbid Hibs for players.

Even those that are only getting 2, 3 or 4K through the gate?

hibsbollah
23-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Even those that are only getting 2, 3 or 4K through the gate?

A 35% increase in a TV deal that already rakes them in more than we get in Scotlands top flight next year, suggests so.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2018, 07:24 PM
A 35% increase in a TV deal that already rakes them in more than we get in Scotlands top flight next year, suggests so.

So how much is distributed down to league two for instance?

If it was evenly split across the 72 teams it would equate to around 8 million per year. I’d hazard a guess that the teams in league two, for instance, aren’t going to be seeing anything remotely close to that.

I could be wrong like. Would be interested to know how it’s split.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-11-2018, 07:35 PM
He’s currently on £1.5k a week (again from my Gills supporting mate)

So not impossible to improve upon if Lennon wants him

Lago
23-11-2018, 07:43 PM

If it was evenly split across the 72 teams it would equate to around 8 million per year. I’d hazard a guess that the teams in league two, for instance, aren’t going to be seeing anything remotely close to that.

I listened to the Accrington Stanley Chairman discussing this issue & I'm sure it ment approximately £900,000 a year to league 1 clubs, maybe wrong though as I was not paying a lot of attention.

LancashireHibby
23-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Think playing under NL before might sway it.
I wouldn’t read too much in to that as NL didn’t pick him to play for Bolton at any point from February 2015 until he resigned in March 2016 despite Eaves not being out on loan at any point during that period.

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 06:46 AM
I wouldn’t read too much in to that as NL didn’t pick him to play for Bolton at any point from February 2015 until he resigned in March 2016 despite Eaves not being out on loan at any point during that period.

Understand that though they may have a decent relationship and hence he may be more comfortable. Bolton also had pretty decent forwards in that time did they not with Madine and Clough (I think ) so maybe was justifiably down the pecking order.

hibsbollah
24-11-2018, 06:49 AM

I can't see any detail about a breakdown, but it's a good assumption that whatever it is, will be more than we get, based on what's being reported as a 35% increase. Maybe the really tiny div two clubs like Barnet or Morecambe might still take in less taking into account gate receipts. (And the fact that Derby Leeds Villa are angry about the deal suggests the big clubs haven't done that well out of it!)

MacGruber
24-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Lennon saying there is nothing in the Eaves rumour - doesn't know where it's come from. Make of that what you will, possibly agent looking to get him a better deal

H18 SFR
24-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Lennon saying there is nothing in the Eaves rumour - doesn't know where it's come from. Make of that what you will, possibly agent looking to get him a better deal

Hearts will sign him, bet ya!

LancashireHibby
24-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Understand that though they may have a decent relationship and hence he may be more comfortable. Bolton also had pretty decent forwards in that time did they not with Madine and Clough (I think ) so maybe was justifiably down the pecking order.
It was the same season we ended up with a 73 year old strike force in Heskey and Gudjohnsen which suggested NL didn’t have much faith in Eaves.

JimBHibees
24-11-2018, 11:31 AM
It was the same season we ended up with a 73 year old strike force in Heskey and Gudjohnsen which suggested NL didn’t have much faith in Eaves.

Fair enough cheers.

offshorehibby
24-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Eaves scoring today

Hannah_hfc
10-12-2018, 04:24 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1072154584745955328?s=21

Not sure if we dropped interest or what is happening with this but Sky Sports now saying the Huns are interested

SirDavidsNapper
11-12-2018, 11:19 AM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1072154584745955328?s=21

Not sure if we dropped interest or what is happening with this but Sky Sports now saying the Huns are interested

If the Huns are interested maybe we should avoid. Gerrards signings looked rank rotten against Dundee and he's shoehorning Andy Halliday into his team.

Biggie
11-12-2018, 11:39 AM
If the Huns are interested maybe we should avoid. Gerrards signings looked rank rotten against Dundee and he's shoehorning Andy Halliday into his team.

Is that the same Andy halliday that thought he'd won the cup ?:devil:

SouthMoroccoStu
11-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Is that the same Andy halliday that thought he'd won the cup ?:devil:

You're joking?!?!

He scored the winner to make it 2-1 - I turned over after that.

How, what happened? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
11-12-2018, 12:25 PM
You're joking?!?!

He scored the winner to make it 2-1 - I turned over after that.

How, what happened? :greengrinCould have won the cup but he ****ed it up.

Triggered a huge party at ibrox though. All the cops were there. They thought sevco had won their first big cup.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
11-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Could have won the cup but he ****ed it up.

Triggered a huge party at ibrox though. All the cops were there. They thought sevco had won their first big cup.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The hurt and pain that SDG goal must have caused the Huns still brings me unbridled joy. They could beat us a million times and it will still hurt them to the core. Lovely. The wait goes on.....