PDA

View Full Version : Odds on Hibs to finish above Hearts

PatHead
20-11-2018, 02:20 PM
I was walking past William Hills at Jocks Lodge and noticed an advert in the window.

Hibs to finish above Hearts this season 11/4.

​Worth a punt?

CMurdoch
20-11-2018, 02:54 PM
I was walking past William Hills at Jocks Lodge and noticed an advert in the window.

Hibs to finish above Hearts this season 11/4.

​Worth a punt?

They will have their new striker arriving in January and their injured players on the way back.
Combine that with the 8 point lead they currently have on us (we have a game against Rangers in hand) and it's not the best bet i have ever seen.
You know what it's like, it could all change very quickly if we can get it together middle to front but at the moment the bet is not tempting.
Good to see the squirrel scoring 2 goals and setting up the third today for Australia. He will come back to us full of confidence.

lord bunberry
20-11-2018, 02:55 PM
They will have their new striker arriving in January and their injured players on the way back.
Combine that with the 8 point lead they currently have on us (we have a game against Rangers in hand) and it's not the best bet i have ever seen.
You know what it's like, it could all change very quickly if we can get it together middle to front but at the moment the bet is not tempting.
Good to see the squirrel scoring 2 goals and setting up the third today for Australia.
We won’t stand still in January either. I think it’s a great bet.

allezsauzee
20-11-2018, 03:05 PM
It's important we get into our rhythm in December and get a bit of momentum going. If we do, I think we should finish above them comfortably.

Mr_F
20-11-2018, 03:45 PM
That's why you never see a skint bookie...

Wilson
20-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Losing bet. Don't touch it.

Since90+2
20-11-2018, 04:42 PM
The price is probably about right at this stage. Maybe worth a small punt but not much more than that.

Joe6-2
20-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Don't know if posted anywhere else, just noticed on Sky that Pilmar Smith has passed away

One Day Soon
20-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Don't know if posted anywhere else, just noticed on Sky that Pilmar Smith has passed away

Pilmar was a lovely guy. A real gent and an rock solid old school Labour guy way back in the day. A kind and generous man as I knew him and I'm sad to hear of his death.

Sir David Gray
20-11-2018, 07:26 PM
I said about a month ago that I would be concerned if Hearts remained 8 points ahead of us after their next 5 games. They've played 3 of those games and remain 8 points clear. Their next 2 fixtures are St Mirren (away) and Rangers (home) whereas we have Dundee (home) and Kilmarnock (away).

I personally can't see the gap closing in that time so I think i'll be steering clear of that particular bet for now. We need to be winning games against the top teams if we want to be closing that gap as that's going to be the difference.

We are currently 8th, our record so far against the 7 teams above us is;

P-8
W-1
D-3
L-4
PTS - 6/24

That record isn't good enough I'm afraid and has to improve if we're going to make up those 8 points.

Joe6-2
20-11-2018, 07:30 PM
I would rather we concentrated on winning games, and not how near or far we are to the yams

CMurdoch
21-11-2018, 11:33 PM
I would rather we concentrated on winning games, and not how near or far we are to the yams

Yeah, we need to start amassing points starting with the Dundee match to reel in Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Livingston for starters.