PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MARTIN BOYLE: "IT WAS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS"

RSS Bot
20-11-2018, 03:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9455)

KDY Hibs
20-11-2018, 03:01 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9455)

Well done boyler!

Kojock
20-11-2018, 03:18 PM
👏 👏 👏

Carheenlea
20-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Well done Boyler for a fantastic debut - the goals will hopefully be the first of many.
This experience being involved with the Australian national side will do his confidence wonders and we might see a kick on with his quality domestically.

yonder1875
20-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Feel like a proud da!

Absolutely chuffed for him.

Hibernian Verse
20-11-2018, 07:10 PM
It's a cracking jersey too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
20-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Delighted for him. Hope it translates into even more progress at Hibs. Can't help feeling Scotland's loss is Australia's gain here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
20-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Delighted for Boyle. He’s probably guaranteed his place in their Asia Cup squad which isn’t good for us come January though.

Peevemor
20-11-2018, 07:37 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/graham-arnold-was-proud-of-the-socceroos-performance-against-lebanon-but-believes-theres-more-to-come/news-story/b40f0fb457817e827a7d72dd48bfe086

HibeesLA
20-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqmC64uDI4

Big_Franck
20-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Absolutely delighted for him. The boy just keeps getting better and better. 2 goals in 2 caps isn't a bad start at all.

LithgaeHibby
20-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Brilliant from Boyle! He'll be buzzing to get fired in to Dundee - hope he's not too jet lagged though

S4uzee
20-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Probably the most improved Hibs player in my time watching

Forza Fred
20-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Was at the game along with a few others, displaying the Australia Hibs flag, which was captured on television.

Martin has become something of a cult hero out here since he arrived, having had massive media interest, and is now known as the Tim Tam Man....since he disclosed his liking for the brand of chocolate biscuits.

Martin and Jamie MacLaren saw our flag as they walked around the stadium at full time and they were right over to say hello, and bumping into Mark Milligan after the game, he too was delighted to have his photo taken with us and the HIbs flag.

I'd post the photos but am technically challenged!

Down here, we are immensely proud of all 3 of our Socceroos, and they were perfect ambassadors for Hibernian Football club, not only in how they conducted themselves on the field and in the media, but also by their down to earth and sincere approach to us far off fans.

I think they were just as pleased to meet us as we were to meet them.

Hope to see a lot more of them in the coming months.

Pretty Boy
20-11-2018, 10:39 PM
I know you can only judge on the information you have at any given time but it's crazy now to think plenty people were critical of Stubbs for bringing him back after his initial loan spell.

The improvement he showed firstly under Stubbs and then continued and accelerated under Lennon is remarkable. He's not a world beater but he has appears to have a willingness to learn and his attitude to the game is 1st class.

Delighted for him and I'm sure the Aussies are delighted to have him.

Kato
20-11-2018, 11:28 PM
I know you can only judge on the information you have at any given time but it's crazy now to think plenty people were critical of Stubbs for bringing him back after his initial loan spell.

The improvement he showed firstly under Stubbs and then continued and accelerated under Lennon is remarkable. He's not a world beater but he has appears to have a willingness to learn and his attitude to the game is 1st class.

Spot on. Well done Boyle.

Smartie
20-11-2018, 11:33 PM

A lot of people say a lot of things about Stubbs, but he had an eye for a player.

Obviously Boyle is a far superior now to the player who first arrived on loan, but he did make an impact straight away for us and has been a highly effective player from the word go.

Diclonius
20-11-2018, 11:45 PM

I don't remember anyone criticising Stubbs when we brought him back. From what I recall the general consensus was that we had re-signed a very good squad player who had impressed on loan. Obviously he's gone above and beyond that now.

Hi Heid Yin
21-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Martin Boyle has lifted his overall game to a completely new level.
So good to have him at Easter Road.

Baader
21-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Brilliant for the Starman. Deserves everything that comes his way. A good player who works as hard as any footballer I've seen and never gives up. Bravo Squirrel!

EH54
21-11-2018, 01:15 AM
Am I right in saying Scotland can still call him up as it was only friendly's?

MWHIBBIES
21-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Am I right in saying Scotland can still call him up as it was only friendly's?Kind of. Its not really that simple but he isn't officially locked yet. He will be when/if he plays at the Asia cup in January.

cocteautwin
21-11-2018, 02:39 AM

LOL, even if it was possible I'm not so sure he'd be jumping back at the chance to bench warm in Europe on cold winter International nights and sit at home in summers watching footy on TV when he'll now be playing in places around Asia such as Singapore, Japan, China, Malaysia etc and having his summers filled with major International tournaments. Good on him.

EH54
21-11-2018, 03:39 AM
LOL, even if it was possible I'm not so sure he'd be jumping back at the chance to bench warm in Europe on cold winter International nights and sit at home in summers watching footy on TV when he'll now be playing in places around Asia such as Singapore, Japan, China, Malaysia etc and having his summers filled with major International tournaments. Good on him.

I'm not saying he would ever consider it. Just wasn't sure of the rules. Would be some u-turn right enough.

EH54
21-11-2018, 03:41 AM
Kind of. Its not really that simple but he isn't officially locked yet. He will be when/if he plays at the Asia cup in January.

Thought that. Cheers mate. Let's get the Pressure on mcleish now haha. Nah in seriousness worked out well for him. Well deserved.

Forza Fred
21-11-2018, 04:51 AM
I think many would be surprised by the level of media attention Martin has attracted down here.

Graham Arnold took a chance calling up someone who had never put a foot in Australia before, but Martin’sperformances on the park and his unassuming humble persona in the media have won everybody over.

I think Martin will come back a better player for this experience.

heretoday
21-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Well done Boyler for a fantastic debut - the goals will hopefully be the first of many.
This experience being involved with the Australian national side will do his confidence wonders and we might see a kick on with his quality domestically.

That would be nice.

calumhibee1
21-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Well done Martin. From coming off the bench for Montrose to scoring doubles at international level. His hard work and dedication has certainly paid off. Oh and btw, he’s only 25.

The Spaceman
21-11-2018, 08:21 AM
So pleased for him, a very likeable character and a really good wee player for us these days. He is also the kind of guy who will take massive belief and confidence from this, so will hopefully push him on even more! Must be brilliant knowing you'll be jetting off to/with Australia a couple of times a year to play across Asia, in case playing Hamilton 4 times a year gets too much for you! Also a chance to play in the World Cup...

we are hibs
21-11-2018, 08:37 AM

What would be the point? He's not going to play ahead of Forrest.

Allant1981
21-11-2018, 09:25 AM
What would be the point? He's not going to play ahead of Forrest.

Because we need a squad not just a starting 11, he won't start every game for Australia either

we are hibs
21-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Because we need a squad not just a starting 11, he won't start every game for Australia either

There's a few infront of him for Scotland..not as many for Australia.