PDA

View Full Version : STV partner with Eleven Sports to bring free La Liga and Serie A coverage on the STV

BlackSheep
20-11-2018, 08:42 AM
So it was announced yesterday that STV have partnered with broadcaster ELeven Sports to bring La Liga and Serie A to the STV Player (STV's online service).

This will consist of streaming LIVE games every weekend, starting this weekend with Atletico v Barca.....

Quite a coup for STV given the current state of play with Sky/BT and the rest.

Keith_M
20-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Nae German games? That's a shame, but I suppose it's not so popular here

green day
20-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Someones going to have to do me a spreadsheet to show who has what football on TV :rolleyes::rolleyes:

worcesterhibby
20-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Great to see Scottish Television championing the Scottish game by promoting other leagues :grr::grr:. I believe they didn't even bid for highlight/live rights of the Scottish game. Arthur Montford will be turning in his grave.

green&left
20-11-2018, 09:16 AM

BT still have the rights to Bundesliga :aok:

BlackSheep
20-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Great to see Scottish Television championing the Scottish game by promoting other leagues :grr::grr:. I believe they didn't even bid for highlight/live rights of the Scottish game. Arthur Montford will be turning in his grave.

Funnily enough given all the furore surrounding the Scottish Game's value.... bidding for TV rights is well out of STV budget range....

I don't know the deal that STV have struck with Eleven, but i am sure ELeven dont have an online streaming prescence so this could be of mutual benefit to get their name out in the public eye to encourage more subscribers.

supermcginn
20-11-2018, 09:41 AM
The deal signed according to the official press release is that stv are only going to be advertising eleven sports products digitally and not actually showing any football.

BlackSheep
20-11-2018, 09:44 AM
The deal signed according to the official press release is that stv are only going to be advertising eleven sports products digitally and not actually showing any football.

I can assure you that they will be showing football.

lord bunberry
20-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Funnily enough given all the furore surrounding the Scottish Game's value.... bidding for TV rights is well out of STV budget range....

I don't know the deal that STV have struck with Eleven, but i am sure ELeven dont have an online streaming prescence so this could be of mutual benefit to get their name out in the public eye to encourage more subscribers.
Eleven sports is online only.

supermcginn
20-11-2018, 09:50 AM
I can assure you that they will be showing football.

That's not what they just said to me on twitter but I'll take your word for it.

BullsCloseHibs
20-11-2018, 09:52 AM

Agree. Rather watch German than Spanish or Italian football.

Renfrew_Hibby
20-11-2018, 10:16 AM
This Saturday?
I'll be watching the 2nd leg of the Copa Libertadores final live from La Monumental. Tied at 2-2 mind.

BlackSheep
20-11-2018, 10:36 AM
That's not what they just said to me on twitter but I'll take your word for it.

I will reiterate, there will be games shown on the STV Player.

And for FREE.

Previous coverage of both leagues involved subscribing to either Sky or BT.

supermcginn
20-11-2018, 11:02 AM

And for FREE.

Thats good then, I'll cancel my subscription to eleven later on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Just did a quick search and the STV Player is meant to be part of Virgin TV, I cannae find it, anyone got any ideas?

Juniper Greens
21-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Thats good then, I'll cancel my subscription to eleven later on.

It'll be streamable through stv player with an eleven sports subscription

hfc rd
21-11-2018, 10:22 PM

That’s because the German Bundesliga is still on BT Sports. They have it till 2021.

Antifa Hibs
22-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Anyone know whats going on then?

Is it just an advertising deal and allowing Eleven Sport subscribers to watch Eleven Sports on the tele via the STV Player? Or are we getting some FTA games? If it was the latter you'd think there would be alot more clearer press releases than there has been...

supermcginn
22-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Advertising only according to elevens twitter response.

pollution
22-11-2018, 11:17 AM
I never imagined that watching football on TV would ever have become so complicated.

Has any broadcaster or regulator ever published a simple guide as to what you can watch and where?

How many different subscriptions does one need to watch live football.

Talk about killing the goose.

supermcginn
22-11-2018, 11:26 AM
https://www.live-footballontv.com/ This is handy

Juniper Greens
22-11-2018, 11:53 AM
It's advertising and VOD rights, meaning that Eleven Sports are using STVs VOD capabilities to allow games to be streamed on TV. You will still need an eleven sports subscription.
It wouldn't surprise me if they put a couple of unscrambled games on early doors to entice people, but that's not explicitly in the deal

Future17
22-11-2018, 12:30 PM
I'm guessing this will enable ElevenSports to be viewed on Chromecast through the STV Player, which would be a major plus for me.

BlackSheep
22-11-2018, 01:02 PM
There will be at least 1 match every weekend free on the player (just as there is on Youtube).

Yes 'early doors' they will allow access to more games but that will likely tail off.

pollution
22-11-2018, 04:46 PM
https://www.live-footballontv.com/ This is handy

Thanks. Very useful

Rocky
22-11-2018, 10:32 PM

And for FREE.

You seem very adamant of your facts considering there are some clear errors in what you're saying. La Liga and Serie A are currently streamed online via eleven sports. Source: me and my eleven sports subscription through which I watch both.

1875godsgift
23-11-2018, 12:04 AM
It's advertising and VOD rights, meaning that Eleven Sports are using STVs VOD capabilities to allow games to be streamed on TV. You will still need an eleven sports subscription.
It wouldn't surprise me if they put a couple of unscrambled games on early doors to entice people, but that's not explicitly in the deal

**** me, take me back to the days of BBC1, BBC2 or STV......

green&left
23-11-2018, 09:40 AM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1433109-stv-to-broadcast-live-spanish-and-italian-football/

Mr Grieves
23-11-2018, 09:44 AM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1433109-stv-to-broadcast-live-spanish-and-italian-football/

Look's like Blacksheep is correct. 14 free to air games this weekend, 2 a week after that.

wallpaperman
23-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Black Friday offer from Eleven Sports, £39.99 for an annual pass. Damn good offer if you are heavily into Spanish and Italian football, in particular.

hfc rd
23-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Black Friday offer from Eleven Sports, £39.99 for an annual pass. Damn good offer if you are heavily into Spanish and Italian football, in particular.

Are you able to Chromecast Eleven Sports?

greenlad
23-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Are you able to Chromecast Eleven Sports?

Yes,it works very well. Plus a 7 day backwards programme guide where you can watch any programme on demand.

pollution
24-11-2018, 06:52 PM
I have been watching as far as possible today but the screen sticks every two minutes or so.

Barcelona game is stuck solid. Any ideas, or is this normal.