PDA

View Full Version : Scottish League Three (backdoor OF colt team plan)

Diclonius
18-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Papers this morning are mentioning that a 12 team fifth tier is in discussion, which on the face of it sounds like a good idea. However, read more closely and you find out that FOUR of the "new" teams in this league will be Premiership B teams.

Fed up of this backdoor reserve indoctrination - we should have proper clubs in our main leagues instead of pretend clubs.

Also, just wondering - how will these teams be chosen, exactly? On league finishes since the inception of the SPFL I'd guess it would be Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hearts/St Johnstone? Nope, that doesn't work - we're missing one particular club this is clearly being put in place for (despite everyone pretending otherwise). Maybe they'll go with the top four highest placed clubs this season, though I'm sure if Stevie Gee's men finish 5th or lower they'll find some way of retroactively changing the eligibility criteria.

Ringothedog
18-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Papers this morning are mentioning that a 12 team fifth tier is in discussion, which on the face of it sounds like a good idea. However, read more closely and you find out that FOUR of the "new" teams in this league will be Premiership B teams.

Fed up of this backdoor reserve indoctrination - we should have proper clubs in our main leagues instead of pretend clubs.

Also, just wondering - how will these teams be chosen, exactly? On league finishes since the inception of the SPFL I'd guess it would be Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hearts/St Johnstone? Nope, that doesn't work - we're missing one particular club this is clearly being put in place for (despite everyone pretending otherwise). Maybe they'll go with the top four highest placed clubs this season, though I'm sure if Stevie Gee's men finish 5th or lower they'll find some way of retroactively changing the eligibility criteria.
It’s not a bad idea to allow “b” teams into the league, it was done in the past. The rules would have to be no promotion from this league for the “b” teams and they should not be allowed to take part in either the league or Scottish cups. Great way for youngsters to play at a higher level rather than sending out on loan.

Tynie01011973
18-11-2018, 11:51 AM
It’s not a bad idea to allow “b” teams into the league, it was done in the past. The rules would have to be no promotion from this league for the “b” teams and they should not be allowed to take part in either the league or Scottish cups. Great way for youngsters to play at a higher level rather than sending out on loan.

How is creating a fifth league playing at a higher level than the four existing Senior leagues? Most youngsters will be loaned out to one of the teams in these existing higher leagues.

We already have the Lowland League do we really need a sixth league in a small country like Scotland?

Ryan69
18-11-2018, 11:52 AM

Don't see the problem with it..most countries have the same.
Spain and The Netherlands just to mention 2

Eyrie
18-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Being honest, we need fewer teams in the national senior football leagues and not more. This plan seems to suggest eight additions plus four colts.

And as has been pointed out, who will be the four colts teams? Will all the best youngsters move to those clubs? What happens to youngsters at other clubs?

southern hibby
18-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Maybe clutching at straws here, but I’m now wondering if this has partially something to do with Hibs wanting a full size indoor pitch as well as for training on.

GGTTH

PatHead
18-11-2018, 12:03 PM
How is creating a fifth league playing at a higher level than the four existing Senior leagues? Most youngsters will be loaned out to one of the teams in these existing higher leagues.

We already have the Lowland League do we really need a sixth league in a small country like Scotland?

Agree, surely players would be better out on loan at a championship club than playing in some 5th division. Must be a large grant available to clubs involved.

Ringothedog
18-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Agree, surely players would be better out on loan at a championship club than playing in some 5th division. Must be a large grant available to clubs involved.

I am sure we would be able to loan out to teams at a higher level than the proposed 5th Division. If we had a “b” team playing at that level we would have more control over how our players play, formations etc. It’s a great idea and I hope it happens

hibbyfraelibby
18-11-2018, 02:50 PM
We dont need this new "5th Tier" we already have it. What we do need are squad limits. 24 registered players for the SPFL at all levels, a proper Academy structure. That way the talent gets spread and the uglies will think twice about signing up every talented player who pises a threat to the dominance under the sun. Take the NFL roster system and tweak it.

We dont need more leagues and more teams we need to ensure the talent is not concentrated in two cespools

delbert
18-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Maybe clutching at straws here, but I’m now wondering if this has partially something to do with Hibs wanting a full size indoor pitch as well as for training on.

GGTTH

Currently the indoor pitch being planned at East Mains is not full size.

Haymaker
18-11-2018, 03:45 PM
We dont need this new "5th Tier" we already have it. What we do need are squad limits. 24 registered players for the SPFL at all levels, a proper Academy structure. That way the talent gets spread and the uglies will think twice about signing up every talented player who pises a threat to the dominance under the sun. Take the NFL roster system and tweak it.

We dont need more leagues and more teams we need to ensure the talent is not concentrated in two cespools

Not a bad idea.