PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Diclonius
15-11-2018, 08:51 AM
As the initial one seems to have gone already, let's kick off the build-up to the January transfer window. A notoriously difficult time of year to buy in quality, we'll go in surely needing extra firepower up front and more steel in midfield.

Also - if this thread descends like last time into bickering between posters about who's inside info is pish or not, I'll close this thread. If you're unhappy because someone's confidental info (of which they were under no obligation to share with you) didn't come true, tough. Get over it.

Confirmed in
Gael Bigirimana, six month contract (midfielder, Motherwell)
Tommy Block, development contract (midfielder, Bognor)
Ryan Gauld, six month loan (midfielder, Sporting)
Darnell Johnson, six month loan (defender, Leicester)
Marc McNulty, six month loan (striker, Reading)
Stephane Omeonga, six month loan (midfielder, Genoa)

Confirmed pre-contracts
Scott Allan, three year contract (midfielder, Celtic)

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (two and a half years)

Confirmed out
Efe Ambrose (Bolton)
Emerson Hyndman (Bournemouth)
Ross Laidlaw, on loan (Dundee United)
Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City)
Harry Mavrias (Omonia)

PatHead
15-11-2018, 08:55 AM
This is almost as bad as Christmas being promoted in August or Hearts winning the league in September.

Diclonius
15-11-2018, 09:04 AM
This is almost as bad as Christmas being promoted in August or Hearts winning the league in September.

We have transfer news (Stevenson's new contract) - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
15-11-2018, 09:13 AM
I'll wait for someone to start a thread that allows bickering. It's the best part of a transfer thread by far

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Where is Cat123 when you need him?

SChibs
15-11-2018, 09:18 AM
We have transfer news (Stevenson's new contract) - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

But that was announced in Autumn not winter!

Diclonius
15-11-2018, 09:21 AM
But that was announced in Autumn not winter!

Anything past October is basically winter up here. :wink:

CapitalGreen
15-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Any chance we can have a separate Greggs/Transfer board again?

Smartie
15-11-2018, 10:02 AM

He signed a permanent deal with Twitter on the last day of the August transfer window after a section of our fans hounded him out.

madhatter
15-11-2018, 10:11 AM
He signed a permanent deal with Twitter on the last day of the August transfer window after a section of our fans hounded him out.

Any chance of getting him back on loan?

danhibees1875
15-11-2018, 10:20 AM
I'll wait for someone to start a thread that allows bickering. It's the best part of a transfer thread by far

Oh no it isn't!

Caversham Green
15-11-2018, 10:55 AM
I can guarantee we won't be getting Marc McNulty from Sheffield United.

Does that count as being ITK?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-11-2018, 11:11 AM

We getting the one from Reading instead then?

Caversham Green
15-11-2018, 11:16 AM

I'm not that much ITK.

HibbyAndy
15-11-2018, 11:20 AM

:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
15-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Nope. 😥

Diclonius
15-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Oops!

CMurdoch
15-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Not ITK.
Celtic will let Allan move in the window for £250k but it could take until March to get him match fit.
We should give them the finger and sign him for free on a pre contract which would see him arrive at the end of the season with a full pre season to get up to speed.

Elephant Stone
15-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Not ITK.
Celtic will let Allan move in the window for £250k but it could take until March to get him match fit.
We should give them the finger and sign him for free on a pre contract which would see him arrive at the end of the season with a full pre season to get up to speed.

January please!

calumhibee1
15-11-2018, 11:44 AM
January please!

Likewise. Even if it is £250k.

HoboHarry
15-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Oh no it isn't!
Oh yes it is......

HoboHarry
15-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Likewise. Even if it is £250k.
No point spending that much money - we can get Leigh for 150k........

eastcoasthibby
15-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Not so sure Scott Allan coming to us is a foregone conclusion, I reckon there will be stiff competition for his signature with his wage demands being a problem for us, unless we push the boat out a bit !! Both Aberdeen and Sevco are in need of a player like him, so I hope we have a plan if we want him of how to make it happen !!
Ps and I am not itk ...😟

The 90+2
15-11-2018, 04:44 PM
I’m concerned Celtc will make it difficult for us to sign Allan because of the McGinn saga.

CapitalGreen
15-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Not so sure Scott Allan coming to us is a foregone conclusion, I reckon there will be stiff competition for his signature with his wage demands being a problem for us, unless we push the boat out a bit !! Both Aberdeen and Sevco are in need of a player like him, so I hope we have a plan if we want him of how to make it happen !!
Ps and I am not itk ...😟

Where was this stiff competition in the summer and what has he done since to convince new clubs to come in for him?

Hermit Crab
15-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Didn't happen did it. He got called out for made up rubbish and took the huff.

Diclonius
15-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Ps and I am not itk ...😟

There's certainly less chance of him coming here in January than there was in the summer, I feel.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2018, 06:49 PM
I’m concerned Celtc will make it difficult for us to sign Allan because of the McGinn saga.

Absolutely

Those puddle drinkers blame hibs for McGinn not going to them

truehibernian
15-11-2018, 06:58 PM
There's certainly less chance of him coming here in January than there was in the summer, I feel.

I'm really confident SA will be at Hibs in January and don't see Celtic being difficult to deal with given they're now hitting form :aok: by all accounts it went right to the wire last hours of the window or he'd be here now. He wants games, he'll get them at Hibs and he'll get his profile back again. There's no doubt he'd jump at coming.

Lago
15-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Think he is taking a sabbatical after some of the comments during previous transfer discussions.

Keyser Sauzee
15-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Where was this stiff competition in the summer and what has he done since to convince new clubs to come in for him?

What’s he done since the summer to convince us to sign him? Nothing but everyone knows how good he is and why we should sign him just like other teams will know this and will want to sign him.

truehibernian
15-11-2018, 08:15 PM
What’s he done since the summer to convince us to sign him? Nothing but everyone knows how good he is and why we should sign him just like other teams will know this and will want to sign him.

I think his family circumstances are such that he wants to remain in Scotland and we are top of the list of where he'd want to go - so I'm told :aok: I think he'll be at Hibs pretty quickly in the January window.

stoneyburn hibs
15-11-2018, 08:17 PM
I think his family circumstances are such that he wants to remain in Scotland and we are top of the list of where he'd want to go - so I'm told :aok: I think he'll be at Hibs pretty quickly in the January window.

Now that's proper gossip, hopefully it becomes a matter of fact.

LustForLeith
15-11-2018, 08:28 PM
What happened to the PM me and I’ll tell you who we’re signing thread?

Smartie
15-11-2018, 09:38 PM

PM me and I'll tell you.

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 09:42 PM
PM me and I'll tell you.

Did the OP suffer the same fate as The Cat?

04Sauzee
15-11-2018, 10:16 PM

I pm'd for a pm and don't receive a pm

MrRobot
15-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Not ITK.

Absolutely no way we should do this. If it takes 250k then we should be offering it.

SA needs to come back; we are sadly missing him at the moment.

TelaStella
15-11-2018, 11:52 PM
Where has the chat of mcnulty and porteous leaving came from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
16-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Where has the chat of mcnulty and porteous leaving came from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A fertile imagination probably.

Jones28
16-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Think he is taking a sabbatical after some of the comments during previous transfer discussions.

It was pretty disgraceful. The guy was virtually bounded out by some on here.

LustForLeith
16-11-2018, 06:40 AM
I missed what happened to him and TheCat. Wasn’t TheCat spot on?

Jones28
16-11-2018, 06:47 AM

I think he took a bit of slack when Scott Allan didn't sign. Apologies if that's *****

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 07:34 AM
If it takes 250k to get SA in January sobeit!

I pay my £18.75 per month to HSL 😂

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2018, 07:46 AM

Hahahaha, another one trying to rewrite history.

He posted bollox, then when it was questioned and proven to be bollox, he took the hump and defected to twitter slaughtering this place there.

Its quite funny when you look at those threads, and you see the reasoned arguments against what he said, are now said to be a hounding, yet no warnings were given and nobody was ejected from the board.

Hounded my erse, go read the threads, its becoming as much of a fact as Leigh Griffiths could have signed for £150k. :faf:

flash
16-11-2018, 09:08 AM

That simply didn't happen.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2018, 09:14 AM
That simply didn't happen.

Agree, Blackpools post on this thread nails it.

Col2
16-11-2018, 09:25 AM

This is a good point especially given we messed the player around last time 😡😉

CapitalGreen
16-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Yeah, if you ignore all the parts he was wrong he was spot on.

Smartie
16-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Yeah, if you ignore all the parts he was wrong he was spot on.

Likewise, if you ignore all of the times he was spot on, he sometimes got things wrong.

He gave us rumours, many of which turned out to be true.

This place will be poorer if he doesn't return.

We need to cut some slack to people who post ITK stuff that might turn out not be true.

He got the Scott Allan one wrong, but he was bang on the money with a few earlier in the summer.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Likewise, if you ignore all of the times he was spot on, he sometimes got things wrong.

We need to cut some slack to people who post ITK stuff that might turn out not be true.

He got the Scott Allan one wrong, but he was back on the money with a few earlier in the summer.

Scott Allan got the Scott Allan one wrong so what chance did The Cat have?

I am sure Scott Allan thought he would have been plying his trade at Easter Road back in August

We will never know what actually happened and I hope it does not affect his decision on whether or not to return in January

SChibs
16-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Wasn't the cat just posting what he heard? If he was being told by someone that a player was signing but they didn't then that isn't his fault surely? He was just passing on info.

HoboHarry
16-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Wasn't the cat just posting what he heard? If he was being told by someone that a player was signing but they didn't then that isn't his fault surely? He was just passing on info.
There's the thing I never understood though. He always gave the impression of having contacts at the club even though managers had changed a number of times not to mention players coming and going. Who was his contact? Could only have been wee Lewis or Tam McCourt if he was ITK for that length of time.......

SRHibs
16-11-2018, 11:40 AM
There's the thing I never understood though. He always gave the impression of having contacts at the club even though managers had changed a number of times not to mention players coming and going. Who was his contact? Could only have been wee Lewis or Tam McCourt if he was ITK for that length of time.......

I thought his contact was pretty commonly known tbh.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2018, 11:40 AM
To us normal posters titbits of rumour gossip half truths ITK stuff is better than nothing at all.

It is what makes our world go around

HoboHarry
16-11-2018, 11:41 AM
I thought his contact was pretty commonly known tbh.
Maybe it was for some, not for me anyway unless you are meaning Kenny Miller?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-11-2018, 01:39 PM

My impression from following the thread at the time, was that after revelling in his hibs.net celebrity status for a long time, he took the huff when he was challenged on something he posted.

He cant habe it both ways, if he wants to be lauded for his i side knowledge, then he has to accept people will call him out when he posts stuff that didnt materialise or wasnt true in the first place.

The whole in the knoe stuff is stupid anyway, we are all in the knoe eventually, basically he got told stuff by someone else a wee bit before others.

CapitalGreen
16-11-2018, 02:00 PM

He got the Scott Allan one wrong, but he was bang on the money with a few earlier in the summer.

On the contrary, I find this place to be a much more enjoyable read now that every second post isn't some sycophant giving TheCat32 a virtual reach around in the hope he'll bless them with a titbit of gossip.

HoboHarry
16-11-2018, 02:20 PM
On the contrary, I find this place to be a much more enjoyable read now that every second post isn't some sycophant giving TheCat32 a virtual reach around in the hope he'll bless them with a titbit of gossip.
Reach around and tit in the same sentence. That's a first........ :greengrin

MrRobot
16-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I think he took a bit of slack when Scott Allan didn't sign. Apologies if that's *****

He posted about Brandon Barker returning and also Scott Allan and took a bit of stick for not being right, despite having been right with Mallan, Flo and MacLaren if my memory is correct.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2018, 03:47 PM
He posted about Brandon Barker returning and also Scott Allan and took a bit of stick for not being right, despite having been right with Mallan, Flo and MacLaren if my memory is correct.

Here we go again, he never received any stick for getting anything wrong regarding any transfer.

It was what he said about why the deal never went through, thats why people took umbrage over it.

I find it really strange that people are arguing the case, when the threads are still there, and can quite easily be accessed in seconds, yet the same rubbish is being spouted about how he took stick for getting a transfer signing wrong, when that was never the case. :confused:

Lago
16-11-2018, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=SouthsideHarp_Bhoy;5605694]My impression from following the thread at the time, was that after revelling in his hibs.net celebrity status for a long time, he took the huff when he was challenged on something he posted.

He cant habe it both ways, if he wants to be lauded for his i side knowledge, then he has to accept people will call him out when he posts stuff that didnt materialise or wasnt true in the first place.

The whole in the knoe stuff is stupid anyway, we are all in the knoe eventually, basically he got told stuff by someone else a wee bit before others.[/QUote

superfurryhibby
16-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Here we go again, he never received any stick for getting anything wrong regarding any transfer.

It was what he said about why the deal never went through, thats why people took umbrage over it.

I find it really strange that people are arguing the case, when the threads are still there, and can quite easily be accessed in seconds, yet the same rubbish is being spouted about how he took stick for getting a transfer signing wrong, when that was never the case. :confused:

It’s easier to just spout Tom Kite that’s not very well informed. I should know, it’s my forte:agree:

One Day Soon
16-11-2018, 04:32 PM
PM me and I'll tell you.

Excellent

hfc rd
16-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Speaking about TheCat, whatever happened to Bleed Green? I wonder if he will make a short cameo appearance? Post something and then have this place in meltdown!

GordonHFC
16-11-2018, 08:29 PM
I find it so ironic that some people on this site criticise people for posting rumours on a rumours thread. They should read the definition of the word.

Lago
16-11-2018, 09:16 PM
:top marks
I find it so ironic that some people on this site criticise people for posting rumours on a rumours thread. They should read the definition of the word.

calumhibee1
16-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Speaking about TheCat, whatever happened to Bleed Green? I wonder if he will make a short cameo appearance? Post something and then have this place in meltdown!

What was he predicting again? I can’t even remember. Some buzz though.

MrRobot
16-11-2018, 09:22 PM

I said he took a bit of stick, if memory serves me right. Calm yourself down pal. There was absolutely no arguing a case from me.

matty_f
16-11-2018, 09:25 PM
I think it would be great if we could keep this thread on topic. General rule of thumb is that it's bad form to discuss individual posters. TheCat hasn't been banned, so same rules apply.

Lago
16-11-2018, 10:31 PM
I think it would be great if we could keep this thread on topic. General rule of thumb is that it's bad form to discuss individual posters. TheCat hasn't been banned, so same rules apply.

Totally agree, look forward to TheCat's return. :agree:

Haymaker
17-11-2018, 01:57 AM
:hyper

brog
17-11-2018, 08:55 AM

Agents remain the same tho. Thats where most rumours start nowadays, often by agents trying to stir up business for their clients.

Jones28
17-11-2018, 09:28 AM

That was my recollection anyway.

Shock horror - a rumour that didn't come to fruition. That never happens eh?

Sorry BH, I'm not going to go and trawl through old threads to prove a point. I remember what happened and I thought he was unfairly treated by some people on here.

Jones28
17-11-2018, 09:30 AM

That's a fair enough. No need to get so defensive though, unless it's something you feel guilty about 😂😂😂

alihibs1
17-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Totally agree, look forward to TheCat's return. :agree:Announce TheCat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Transfers break down all the time, and we will also sign players that nobody has had any inkling of us signing.

Again i will reiterate that nobody gave him stick for getting any transfer wrong, it was the reason Allan's transfer broke down.

I'm pretty sure most folk know the definition of the word rumour, but its quite clear some folk cant read what people are actually saying in those transfer threads.

Smartie
17-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Transfers break down all the time, and we will also sign players that nobody has had any inkling of us signing.

Again i will reiterate that nobody gave him stick for getting any transfer wrong, it was the reason Allan's transfer broke down.

I'm pretty sure most folk know the definition of the word rumour, but its quite clear some folk cant read what people are actually saying in those transfer threads.

The thing about his "reason" for the transfer breaking down though was that he was just sharing another rumour he'd heard, and he did it at the time. He didn't sit back, see what happens then criticise. He stuck his neck on the block with a fairly outrageous rumour right at the time, a rumour that to the best of my knowledge has still never been confirmed or denied.

Yes, I think he should probably have to fight his corner a bit, but I thought the treatment he got for posting a rumour (even if it was an unpalatable one) in good faith was a bit uncalled for, and we've lost a good poster and possible source of info from it.

J-C
17-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Agents remain the same tho. Thats where most rumours start nowadays, often by agents trying to stir up business for their clients.

As far as I'm aware Freddie had a couple of agents as mates, so the info probably came from them and as people have said, sometimes deals can be called off for one reason or another, last minute hitches etc, doesn't mean he's posting lies or things to get any attention.

As for the Allan incident in August, I don't think Freddie intended any mischief with what he posted, he was given info and was told he can post it, maybe this time he should've checked beforehand as LD got a lot of grief about it but whatever happened to the Allan transfer something didn't go right and no agreement could be done, who's fault it was we'll never know but Freddie posted in good faith, hence why he was peeved when a few turned on him.

Think it's time to move on from it and look to the future. :thumbsup:

Lemonade
17-11-2018, 11:08 AM
TC wil be trashing himself at this thread.

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 11:12 AM
If there are posters on here who need to take responsibility for “hounding out” TC, then equally he should take responsibility for the abuse that LD received on Twitter. Posting rumours is fine, but when they are likely to elicit such a negative reaction towards one of our own, then maybe a public message board is not the place for them.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2018, 11:28 AM
The thing about his "reason" for the transfer breaking down though was that he was just sharing another rumour he'd heard, and he did it at the time. He didn't sit back, see what happens then criticise. He stuck his neck on the block with a fairly outrageous rumour right at the time, a rumour that to the best of my knowledge has still never been confirmed or denied.

Yes, I think he should probably have to fight his corner a bit, but I thought the treatment he got for posting a rumour (even if it was an unpalatable one) in good faith was a bit uncalled for, and we've lost a good poster and possible source of info from it.

If you can point me in the direction of this i'd be very thankful, as nobody seems to want to share this, yet i have looked at all the threads, and there is no hounding of anyone.

Which thread have i missed where he was hounded so much he had to leave this site? :confused:

Smartie
17-11-2018, 11:44 AM
If you can point me in the direction of this i'd be very thankful, as nobody seems to want to share this, yet i have looked at all the threads, and there is no hounding of anyone.

Which thread have i missed where he was hounded so much he had to leave this site? :confused:

It wasn't so much a hounding in relation to the one rumour, but there were people who were at him constantly for a very long time, urging his rumours to be untrue and questioning his motivation for sharing the rumours. I couldn't really understand the fascination some folk had in hanging on his every word waiting for him to get it wrong (which will happen with rumour).

The LD/ Scott Allan business was the straw that broke the camel's back rather than an isolated incident of hounding.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-11-2018, 11:50 AM
I'll speak to Freddie's family.

I'll have a chat with TheCat's righteous brother and ask if he will ever come back or if he has lost that loving feline?

theonlywayisup
17-11-2018, 12:06 PM
As the initial one seems to have gone already, let's kick off the build-up to the January transfer window. A notoriously difficult time of year to buy in quality, we'll go in surely needing extra firepower up front and more steel in midfield.

Also - if this thread descends like last time into bickering between posters about who's inside info is pish or not, I'll close this thread. If you're unhappy because someone's confidental info (of which they were under no obligation to share with you) didn't come true, tough. Get over it.

Confirmed in
None

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (2.5 years)

Confirmed out
None

Rumoured in
Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
Marc NcNulty (striker, Reading)

Rumoured new contracts
None

Rumoured out
Ryan Porteous (Aston Villa)

If you can keep this 1st post updated it will save me from reading the petty point scoring and arguments that such threads usually descend into.

Fingers crossed!

w pilton hibby
17-11-2018, 12:19 PM
A proper transfer rumour

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/sport/football/bognor-midfielder-earns-trial-with-scottish-premiership-team-1-8709467

thegaffer12
17-11-2018, 12:40 PM
A proper transfer rumour

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/sport/football/bognor-midfielder-earns-trial-with-scottish-premiership-team-1-8709467

Interesting one. Plays regularly at a low level at the age of 18. Potentially seen as one for the future? Some websites list him as a wonderkid

J-C
17-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Interesting one. Plays regularly at a low level at the age of 18. Potentially seen as one for the future? Some websites list him as a wonderkid

Last potential future one from a much lower league was Insall, lets hope this one turns out better.

LustForLeith
17-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I’m confused.

TheCat posted a rumour about Scott Allan signing for Hibs and t never happened.

What’s Leeann Dempster got to do with it?

Apologies, I’m struggling with this.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2018, 12:57 PM
It wasn't so much a hounding in relation to the one rumour, but there were people who were at him constantly for a very long time, urging his rumours to be untrue and questioning his motivation for sharing the rumours. I couldn't really understand the fascination some folk had in hanging on his every word waiting for him to get it wrong (which will happen with rumour).

The LD/ Scott Allan business was the straw that broke the camel's back rather than an isolated incident of hounding.

I'm with you now, he posted complete nonsense and when its shown to be complete nonsense he runs away because he's given some accurate stuff in the past.

Some folk take themselves and what they say way to serious on a football message board. I'm a dick, and if anyone calls me a dick, i'd agree with them, but i wouldn't run away with my tail behind my legs to another site calling this place and the people in it.

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 12:58 PM
I’m confused.

TheCat posted a rumour about Scott Allan signing for Hibs and t never happened.

What’s Leeann Dempster got to do with it?

Apologies, I’m struggling with this.

He said the reason Allan didn’t sign was because LD pulled the plug at the last minute.

LustForLeith
17-11-2018, 01:02 PM
He said the reason Allan didn’t sign was because LD pulled the plug at the last minute.

Ahhh. Thanks.

Rumours are a weird one. If you weee told something from a reliable source, would you keep it to yourself or would you want to tell people?

Anyway, here’s hoping we’re after a bit of cover up front!

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Ahhh. Thanks.

Rumours are a weird one. If you weee told something from a reliable source, would you keep it to yourself or would you want to tell people?

Anyway, here’s hoping we’re after a bit of cover up front!

If there was likely to be blowback on LD then I think most of us probably would have held off making it public. That said I don’t think he released the rumour with any malicious intent.

calumhibee1
17-11-2018, 01:07 PM
If there was likely to be blowback on LD then I think most of us probably would have held off making it public. That said I don’t think he released the rumour with any malicious intent.

Thing is he probably wouldn’t have foreseen what happened afterwards with the back lash towards her (I didn’t see any of it so I’m just taking peoples word for it that it was pretty bad). Easy to say in hindsight he should have but I wouldn’t have expected it and there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have either.

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Thing is he probably wouldn’t have foreseen what happened afterwards with the back lash towards her (I didn’t see any of it so I’m just taking peoples word for it that it was pretty bad). Easy to say in hindsight he should have but I wouldn’t have expected it and there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have either.

Yeah that’s what I mean with the latter half of the post. I think if you properly considered the implications then you’d probably realise that a certain anti-board element would latch on to it - they seem to be all over Twitter. But I think it was simply a case of him hearing something and wanting to let us know, without much more thought to it.

I’m indifferent really, but having ‘ITK’ posters is definitely nice to create a bit of a buzz.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2018, 01:12 PM
A proper transfer rumour

Just goes to show we have people on the lookout for us at a multitude of levels. :top marks

That standard is not the best, but there have been many players over the years who've come through it, hopefully we have uncovered a gem.

Smartie
17-11-2018, 01:16 PM
I love a "taking a chance on an uncut diamond" type of signing.

We've got a better track record with those than with our "finished product, marquee signing" types.

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Would be good to hear Sergey/CyberSauzee’s thoughts on him.

BILLYHIBS
17-11-2018, 01:26 PM
I love a "taking a chance on an uncut diamond" type of signing.

We've got a better track record with those than with our "finished product, marquee signing" types.
Agree What ever happened to Jamie Insall ? 😂

makaveli1875
17-11-2018, 01:29 PM

He was more about the uncut cocaine than uncut diamonds

FifeHibs
17-11-2018, 01:37 PM
He was more about the uncut cocaine than uncut diamonds

He was Bare Knuckle boxing on some promotion.

bingo70
17-11-2018, 01:45 PM
A proper transfer rumour

Also had, or having trials at Sunderland and Sheffield United apparently.

Haymaker
17-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Smartie
17-11-2018, 02:05 PM

For every Jamie Insall there's an Ivan Sproule or a Martin Boyle in there.

Inconsequential
17-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Last potential future one from a much lower league was Insall, lets hope this one turns out better. Let's hope so. Maybe he'll be a chip of the old block.:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
18-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Tested positive for drugs did he not?

LancsHibs
18-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Tested positive for drugs did he not?

Yes Yoda he did

Gmack7
18-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Yes Yoda he did

😁👍

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Also had, or having trials at Sunderland and Sheffield United apparently.

and probably hertz now it's out

Saturday Boy
18-11-2018, 05:32 PM
and probably hertz now it's out

How tall is he?

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2018, 05:34 PM
How tall is he?

well i was going to add unless he's under 6ft 8".....then i thought of the wee dude they have up front

silverhibee
18-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Totally agree, look forward to TheCat's return. :agree:

He called you a w***er :cb

Lago
18-11-2018, 07:02 PM
He called you a w***er :cb

Did he really ? Humour I love it, he also sent me a pm which said much about his character & consideration for others.:aok:

pykie
18-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Gents,

From furthering the Australian experiment,

Have a look at the following names:

Craig Goodwin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUGzYqscgY

Riley McGree - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndq8c_2CNw

Thomas Deng- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brRxd9M97k

Paul Izzo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC1ZWBLC1rg

The_Horde
18-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Gents,

From furthering the Australian experiment,

Have a look at the following names:

Craig Goodwin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUGzYqscgY

Riley McGree - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndq8c_2CNw

Thomas Deng- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brRxd9M97k

Paul Izzo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC1ZWBLC1rg

Riley boy looks a talent.

These things you've heard or you just recommending? Wouldn't permits be an issue for the younger lads?

pykie
19-11-2018, 12:45 AM
Riley boy looks a talent.

These things you've heard or you just recommending? Wouldn't permits be an issue for the younger lads?

Recommendations.

Taking an interest in Hibs with Millsy, Maclaren and Boyle here.

In addition, the Celtic forums are a bunch of arrogant ****s following the signing of Arzani and how he was treated.

McGree is owned by Brugge, but he's been loaned back to the A-League. Potential there next season if Brugge want to send him out for another season.

DetroitHibs
19-11-2018, 08:45 AM
I'd like to see us make a move for Ryan Gauld. Hasn't really kicked a ball this season and maybe a move back would be good for him and us.

Austinho
19-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Recommendations.

Taking an interest in Hibs with Millsy, Maclaren and Boyle here.

In addition, the Celtic forums are a bunch of arrogant ****s following the signing of Arzani and how he was treated.

McGree is owned by Brugge, but he's been loaned back to the A-League. Potential there next season if Brugge want to send him out for another season.We’ll quite happily take Arzani if they don’t want him!

Onceinawhile
19-11-2018, 09:18 AM
We’ll quite happily take Arzani if they don’t want him!

I think he's out injured for the rest of the season.

calumhibee1
19-11-2018, 09:23 AM
I'd like to see us make a move for Ryan Gauld. Hasn't really kicked a ball this season and maybe a move back would be good for him and us.

Wonder if we’d be able to afford him. He’s a difficult one to place as to his next move. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him off to the English Championship but at the same time he’s done nothing in his career so I’m not sure he’d get a move there.

Diclonius
19-11-2018, 09:25 AM

Can this be the new David Gray rumour where he's linked to us every season for about 5 years, until he finally actually signs, is made captain and wins the Scottish Cup?

Ryan69
19-11-2018, 09:49 AM
For every Jamie Insall there's an Ivan Sproule or a Martin Boyle in there.

In fairness Insall seemed tobe progressing nicely at East Fife.

Then he made a stupid choice.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Can this be the new David Gray rumour where he's linked to us every season for about 5 years, until he finally actually signs, is made captain and wins the Scottish Cup?

You know, I'd be willing to accept this.... :wink:

The_Horde
19-11-2018, 11:11 AM
In fairness Insall seemed tobe progressing nicely at East Fife.

Then he made a stupid choice.

Was on his way out, regardless.

andrew70
19-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Wonder if we’d be able to afford him. He’s a difficult one to place as to his next move. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him off to the English Championship but at the same time he’s done nothing in his career so I’m not sure he’d get a move there.

Done nothing in his career.. Haha🙈 and no, we would not be able to afford him.

MWHIBBIES
19-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Ryan Gauld has actually done nothing in his career. He moved for more than McGinn. Mental.

calumhibee1
19-11-2018, 02:16 PM

He’s 25, played 50 games in Scotland then 37 first team games in 4 years with not a sniff of the national team.

For a bit of context, Allan is a year older, has generally had a pretty anonymous career other than a season and a half at Hibs yet he’s played 156 first team games to Gaulds 87.

I’m not so sure we wouldn’t be able to afford him. He’s pretty much a copy of Allan’s career before Hibs other than Gauld spent his time in the sun.

Edit: Could have sworn I read Gauld was 25 but he’s 22. :greengrin he’s still done very little in his career though.

Rumble de Thump
19-11-2018, 02:25 PM
He’s 25, played 50 games in Scotland then 37 first team games in 4 years with not a sniff of the national team.

For a bit of context, Allan is a year older, has generally had a pretty anonymous career other than a season and a half at Hibs yet he’s played 156 first team games to Gaulds 87.

I’m not so sure we wouldn’t be able to afford him. He’s pretty much a copy of Allan’s career before Hibs other than Gauld spent his time in the sun.

Ryan Gauld is 22. His club want to at least recoup the money they paid for him anyway.

calumhibee1
19-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Ryan Gauld is 22. His club want to at least recoup the money they paid for him anyway.

Aye I’m no sure where I got 25 from.

There’s absolutely no chance of Sporting Lisbon getting the money they paid for him back. They’d be lucky to find many clubs willing to pay more than a nominal fee.

bingo70
19-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Think they’ll be lucky to be honest.

The money they paid for him was based on his potential, he’s not fulfilled that potential yet and with him being 22 now he’s not got the same potential as he had then. If anyone is paying decent money for a 22 year old they’ll want him to have played more football than he has.

CMurdoch
19-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Gauld is 23 in less than a month.
He signed a 6 year contract with Sporting which has a season and a half to run.
No way will Sporting get their money back as things stand, that is unless an idiot English Championship team get involved.
He has had very much the Scott Allan career to date.
His career will start again when he leaves Sporting and could easily end up at the likes of Aberdeen at age 24.

Smartie
19-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Gauld is 23 in less than a month.
He signed a 6 year contract with Sporting which has a season and a half to run.
No way will Sporting get their money back as things stand, that is unless an idiot English Championship team get involved.
He has had very much the Scott Allan career to date.
His career will start again when he leaves Sporting and could easily end up at the likes of Aberdeen at age 24.

If he went on loan to a Championship club and had a dozen or so decent games, he'd find himself being worth about £20m.

calumhibee1
19-11-2018, 05:12 PM
If he went on loan to a Championship club and had a dozen or so decent games, he'd find himself being worth about £20m.

Couldn’t see a Championship club having any interest in him at all to be honest.

Smartie
19-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Couldn’t see a Championship club having any interest in him at all to be honest.

Me neither, but is it totally fanciful that someone like Ipswich would take him on a 6 month loan from Sporting, only for him to find he has been well-coached over in Portugal and his game (and fitness levels) were ideally suited to make an impact there, alerting some stupid, big, rich clubs?

DetroitHibs
19-11-2018, 06:45 PM
For me Gauld is someone worth the Gamble. Pay somewhere in the region of a half million for him and hopefully his value goes four fold. We know he's a decent SPL players and probably has gotten better.

Stuart93
19-11-2018, 06:53 PM
For me Gauld is someone worth the Gamble. Pay somewhere in the region of a half million for him and hopefully his value goes four fold. We know he's a decent SPL players and probably has gotten better.

There’s absolutely zero chance of hibs paying half a million on a player considered as a “gamble”

Brooster
19-11-2018, 06:59 PM
There’s absolutely zero chance of hibs paying half a million on a player considered as a “gamble”

Or a "non gamble" for that matter.

Stuart93
19-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Or a "non gamble" for that matter.

Aye anyone

DetroitHibs
19-11-2018, 08:57 PM

And that's why we will never reach our full potential as a club. As long as the bean counters are more interested in the accounts than the playing side of things, things won't change. Gauld would be a massive signing and a huge show of intent by the club.

flash
19-11-2018, 09:11 PM
And that's why we will never reach our full potential as a club. As long as the bean counters are more interested in the accounts than the playing side of things, things won't change. Gauld would be a massive signing and a huge show of intent by the club.
Where does it say he is available for that price?

PatHead
19-11-2018, 09:15 PM
You on the wind up?

How can we afford to pay half a million on one player?

bingo70
19-11-2018, 09:21 PM
You on the wind up?

And what sort of wages would a half a million pound player want?

O'Rourke3
19-11-2018, 09:43 PM
You on the wind up?

How can we afford to pay half a million on one player?I believe he's based it on what his real team did....

Sent from my KFTBWI using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
19-11-2018, 10:01 PM

That's why we still have a club to support, because we aren't gambling 500k on players who still have so much to prove. I live in a modest house, I wonder what I could live in if I gambled my money that's meant for the kids Xmas etc

DetroitHibs
19-11-2018, 10:17 PM
You on the wind up?

Spend some of the McGinn and Murray money. Really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Smartie
19-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Spend some of the McGinn and Murray money. Really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

If there was such a thing as a sure thing then I might agree but we don't have a great record on transfers where we've pushed the boat out.

It is too much money for us to risk on a gamble.

CropleyWasGod
19-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Spend some of the McGinn and Murray money. Really not that much in the grand scheme of things.How much is left?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
19-11-2018, 10:31 PM

Maybe you could help out , it's not that much in the grand scheme of things.

DetroitHibs
19-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Maybe you could help out , it's not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Already do.... Close to 14,000 season tickets at about £250 a pop.

superfurryhibby
19-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Already do.... Close to 14,000 season tickets at about £250 a pop.

I suggest you try again with that one.

I’m also wondering how often you’ve seen Gauld play, because very few actually have during the past 4 1/2 years?

CMurdoch
19-11-2018, 11:25 PM

We have spent a few bob this season. I would guess as follows:
Milligan, I suspect would have been given a healthy signing on fee and be on a good wage - worth every penny
Mallan, £150k and a decent wage - worth it for the goals, working hard to improve his overall game
Horgan, £150k and a decent wage - jury still out
Kamberi, £100k - worth it
Bogdan - a healthy loan fee - worth every penny
MacLaren, a healthy loan fee - not worth it so far but will turn it around
Angepong, loan fee - not worth it to date due to injuries but lets get him fit before judging
Two full backs in on short term contracts - wages

I think you will agree a lot of fees and wages paid to the above. Ball park figure, £1 million.
Suspect we will pay the same out next summer as the rebuild is completed, post McGinn, McGeouch and Allan.
No chance we would pay more than £200k for a player, we simply can't afford it.
The club has never been healthier and the bean counters will hopefully keep it that way.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2018, 02:07 AM
And that's why we will never reach our full potential as a club. As long as the bean counters are more interested in the accounts than the playing side of things, things won't change. Gauld would be a massive signing and a huge show of intent by the club.You're just blurting things out without any facts or logic.

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 03:20 AM
You're just blurting things out without any facts or logic.

Here's a fact for you. This has been our league form in the top flight with Petrie and co at the helm.

1999-2000 6th
2000-2001 3rd
2001-2002 10th
2002-2003 7th
2003-2004 8th
2004-2005 3rd
2005-2006 4th
2006-2007 6th
2007-2008 6th
2008-2009 6th
2009-2010 4th
2010-2011 10th
2011-2012 11th
2012-2013 7th
2013-2014 11th relegated
2017-2018 4th

Probably the third or forth most supported club in the league, yet we average as a bottom six club. Feel free to bury your head in the sand like all the others on here, but the facts are poor choices and penny pinching has resulted in mediocrity. How long do you give the current lot to get it right, another 20 years?

BILLYHIBS
20-11-2018, 04:21 AM
Milligan, I suspect would have been given a healthy signing on fee and be on a good wage - worth every penny
Mallan, £150k and a decent wage - worth it for the goals, working hard to improve his overall game
Angepong, loan fee - not worth it to date due to injuries but lets get him fit before judging

I think you will agree a lot of fees and wages paid to the above. Ball park figure, £1 million.
Suspect we will pay the same out next summer as the rebuild is completed, post McGinn, McGeouch and Allan.
The club has never been healthier and the bean counters will hopefully keep it that way.
According to your logic then that would rule out a move for Scott Allan or is that perhaps part of the reason the deal did not go through in the summer?

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 04:59 AM
Actually embarrassing that a club who's average crowd is over 15,000 and played in Europe can't or won't spend more than £200,000.

Bay Area Hibees
20-11-2018, 05:29 AM
Actually embarrassing that a club who's average crowd is over 15,000 and played in Europe can't or won't spend more than £200,000.

Why is it embarrassing?

Attendance and ST sales clearly matter but beyond that we are reliant on tv money and that's paltry in relative terms.

If we invest against income or assets we will carry high debt.

Sadly there's no major upside in attendances nor TV money so unless we find a benefactor(s) it's the only sensible way to run the club.

I suspect your frustration is the same factor that will lead to NL leaving us, well that's not exactly visionary as it's quite obvious.

GGTTH

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 05:45 AM
Why is it embarrassing?

Attendance and ST sales clearly matter but beyond that we are reliant on tv money and that's paltry in relative terms.

If we invest against income or assets we will carry high debt.

Sadly there's no major upside in attendances nor TV money so unless we find a benefactor(s) it's the only sensible way to run the club.

I suspect your frustration is the same factor that will lead to NL leaving us, well that's not exactly visionary as it's quite obvious.

GGTTH

It's been proven, put a successful team on the park and attendances will go up. Our season ticket sales the past two seasons have been record numbers, all on the back of a Scottish Cup win. I'm not saying go spend millions and millions, but spending £400,000-£500,000 on a marquee signing everyone once in a while should be doable. I don't think the board match the expectations of the fans.

We had decent money come in through a few different avenues this season. If we'd invested a bit more heavily in the squad it would have made a big difference. We notoriously wait until the last minute to sign players and that affects these players getting a proper preseason under there belts. Had we kept the momentum going and been pressing for a top three finish and Europe, season ticket sales would have gone up even further.

Lennon twice has been denied players after coming out in the past two windows and not getting the extra players he feels needed. If he leaves and we slide down the table, watch those season ticket sales fall off a cliff. All the momentum gone. The facts are staring you in the face. This current board of directors have FAILED to deliver when it comes to the league. Relegation twice and three years in the first division. That's a joke for a club our size.

Ryan69
20-11-2018, 06:13 AM
According to your logic then that would rule out a move for Scott Allan or is that perhaps part of the reason the deal did not go through in the summer?

Allans contract is up in the summer,so precontract...or small fee(less than 200k)

Heisenberg
20-11-2018, 06:51 AM
It's been proven, put a successful team on the park and attendances will go up. Our season ticket sales the past two seasons have been record numbers, all on the back of a Scottish Cup win. I'm not saying go spend millions and millions, but spending £400,000-£500,000 on a marquee signing everyone once in a while should be doable. I don't think the board match the expectations of the fans.

We had decent money come in through a few different avenues this season. If we'd invested a bit more heavily in the squad it would have made a big difference. We notoriously wait until the last minute to sign players and that affects these players getting a proper preseason under there belts. Had we kept the momentum going and been pressing for a top three finish and Europe, season ticket sales would have gone up even further.

Lennon twice has been denied players after coming out in the past two windows and not getting the extra players he feels needed. If he leaves and we slide down the table, watch those season ticket sales fall off a cliff. All the momentum gone. The facts are staring you in the face. This current board of directors have FAILED to deliver when it comes to the league. Relegation twice and three years in the first division. That's a joke for a club our size.

I wonder how hysterical you’ll become if we are still 8th at the end of the season. Absolutely crazy that these kinds of posts are surfacing after a small part of the season is done.

The board backed the manager in the summer. No doubt about it. Did he spend wisely? The jury is out on quite a few of them but i’ll give them time.

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 07:02 AM
I wonder how hysterical you’ll become if we are still 8th at the end of the season. Absolutely crazy that these kinds of posts are surfacing after a small part of the season is done.

The board backed the manager in the summer. No doubt about it. Did he spend wisely? The jury is out on quite a few of them but i’ll give them time.

I'm not hysterical, simply stating that this board has been a failure. Keep burying your head in the sand though :aok:

Diclonius
20-11-2018, 07:12 AM
The money lost through league positions, cup exits, decreased attendance as a result of signing cheaper players than Allan (Hyndman, whoever replaces him) may well be £200,000 or close to that anyway.

Heisenberg
20-11-2018, 07:17 AM
I'm not hysterical, simply stating that this board has been a failure. Keep burying your head in the sand though :aok:

This board? You mean since Leeann Dempster came in? Because I couldn’t disagree more. If you mean before she came in then you have a point.

BILLYHIBS
20-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Allans contract is up in the summer,so precontract...or small fee(less than 200k)
Celtic say he can leave in January for £250000

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 07:23 AM
This board? You mean since Leeann Dempster came in? Because I couldn’t disagree more. If you mean before she came in then you have a point.

Dempster doesn't run things. She might have a seat at the table, but Petrie is still in the background negotiating the deals and wages.

PatHead
20-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Dempster doesn't run things. She might have a seat at the table, but Petrie is still in the background negotiating the deals and wages.

Absolute rubbish.

You really do Leeann a dis-service saying that. There is no way Leeann would allow her position to be undermined by Rod.

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Absolute rubbish.

You really do Leeann a dis-service saying that. There is no way Leeann would allow her position to be undermined by Rod.

Yet she is and he still pulls the strings. He's at the board meetings, he's on the pay roll and he still makes the final decision.

PatHead
20-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Yet she is and he still pulls the strings. He's at the board meetings, he's on the pay roll and he still makes the final decision.

Not worth debating with you other than to say he is not on the payroll. He receives no income from Hibs and has one voice at board meetings.

JimBHibees
20-11-2018, 08:08 AM

The current Board has been IMO hugely successful in terms of on field activity and probably more important off field in terms of the engagement with the fans and community resulting in the best attendances in the ground in my lifetime and let that be known that is a long time. :greengrin The persevered tour was a tremendous thing to do on the back of the cup win for example.

DetroitHibs
20-11-2018, 08:13 AM
The current Board has been IMO hugely successful in terms of on field activity and probably more important off field in terms of the engagement with the fans and community resulting in the best attendances in the ground in my lifetime and let that be known that is a long time. :greengrin The persevered tour was a tremendous thing to do on the back of the cup win for example.

Yet league positions over the past 20 something years say otherwise. Two relegations and an average bottom six club, if you deem that "hugely successful" fair enough.

CropleyWasGod
20-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Yet she is and he still pulls the strings. He's at the board meetings, he's on the pay roll and he still makes the final decision.He gets no salary from the club.

Can you answer my previous question?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
20-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Yet league positions over the past 20 something years say otherwise. Two relegations and an average bottom six club, if you deem that "hugely successful" fair enough.

We are talking about the current board, which includes Leeann Dempster as the chief exec. Since she’s come in the club and it’s board of directors have definitely been hugely successful.

J-C
20-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Leeann and Craig between them find the players and negotiate the deals, it's still up to the board to sign them off and Petrie is still on that board. Things have been so much better since the relegation and our new set up but we still don't pay silly money or silly wages for anyone and at tmes I'm glad of that because we know our club is being run properly.

Brightside
20-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Not another one. Jesus.

SaulGoodman
20-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Come on DetroitHibs I’ve already got “Bury your head in the sand” I just need “Accepting Mediocrity” and that’s me got a full house on my Hibs.net Bingo board

Smartie
20-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Come on DetroitHibs I’ve already got “Bury your head in the sand” I just need “Accepting Mediocrity” and that’s me got a full house on my Hibs.net Bingo board

I'll take a "reach the next level" thanks.

brog
20-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Very good analysis but perhaps surprisingly my info is that your comment in bold is incorrect. I believe that 1, probably 2 of our recent signings will be expected to cost in excess of £200k eventually if all conditions are met. Even more surprisingly I believe wages all round have gone up considerably & a few of our players are now on very competitive (by Scottish standards) salaries. There is of course a correlation between transfer fee paid & wages paid so where we pay a fee, we expect/hope to be able to make a potential profit in the long term. Effectively we're doing pretty much everything Detroit wants. Personally I blame Petrie. :wink:

Diclonius
22-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Tom Eaves sounds decent.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Tom Eaves sounds decent.

Until he needs dropping?

Spudster
22-11-2018, 11:17 PM
I'm not saying go spend millions and millions, but spending £400,000-£500,000 on a marquee signing everyone once in a while should be doable. I don't think the board match the expectations of the fans.
Last player I can think of to sign for that money outside the old firm was Stevie May for Aberdeen at 450. If you thought he was mince against us a few weeks back you may have noticed he got a standing ovation from them, that was comfortably his best performance at Aberdeen. Spending money doesn’t necessarily mean a quality player.

CMurdoch
23-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Very good analysis but perhaps surprisingly my info is that your comment in bold is incorrect. I believe that 1, probably 2 of our recent signings will be expected to cost in excess of £200k eventually if all conditions are met. Even more surprisingly I believe wages all round have gone up considerably & a few of our players are now on very competitive (by Scottish standards) salaries. There is of course a correlation between transfer fee paid & wages paid so where we pay a fee, we expect/hope to be able to make a potential profit in the long term. Effectively we're doing pretty much everything Detroit wants. Personally I blame Petrie. :wink:

I agree. Barnsley for example will have clauses in Mallans contract which could take the transfer fee over £200k if he is sold on at a profit and the likes of Milligan and other players will be on a good wedge by Scottish standards.

I was just making a point to Detroit Hibs that our club spent a lot of money (for us) last summer and I expect a repeat next summer.

To me the guy is trolling, a yam or simply doesn't understand how financially strapped Scottish clubs are. Did he see, for example, that all Scottish Clubs outside the old firm where blown out the water by Burton Albion when Liam Boyce, a proven goalscorer, was available 2 seasons ago. Burton bloody Albion!

2020 will see extra TV money in the Scottish game. Not a massive amount but even an extra £500k (uneducated guess) every season for us will help massively. A few seasons after that and our £500k a year payments to Tom Farmer will stop. Those 2 things combined could see us with an extra £1 million a season to spend, every season.

I think our board are doing just fine and i will be happy with a 5th place league finish this season and 3rd next season after completing our team rebuild next summer.

Hermit Crab
23-11-2018, 02:47 AM
Until he needs dropping?

Kin booooooo!!!

Bay Area Hibees
23-11-2018, 04:28 AM
I agree. Barnsley for example will have clauses in Mallans contract which could take the transfer fee over £200k if he is sold on at a profit and the likes of Milligan and other players will be on a good wedge by Scottish standards.

I was just making a point to Detroit Hibs that our club spent a lot of money (for us) last summer and I expect a repeat next summer.

To me the guy is trolling, a yam or simply doesn't understand how financially strapped Scottish clubs are. Did he see, for example, that all Scottish Clubs outside the old firm where blown out the water by Burton Albion when Liam Boyce, a proven goalscorer, was available 2 seasons ago. Burton bloody Albion!

2020 will see extra TV money in the Scottish game. Not a massive amount but even an extra £500k (uneducated guess) every season for us will help massively. A few seasons after that and our £500k a year payments to Tom Farmer will stop. Those 2 things combined could see us with an extra £1 million a season to spend, every season.

I think our board are doing just fine and i will be happy with a 5th place league finish this season and 3rd next season after completing our team rebuild next summer.

His issue seems to be the board has been a failure and we should be spending more on players.

I don’t agree with either of those points for the reasons outlined above by several others.

He’s entitled to his opinion.

If he has a plan to invest more with our existing funds without jeopardizing our financial future then I’d love to see it.

Aritch
23-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Tom Eaves sounds decent.

A mate of mine who supports Gillingham messaged me with this story yesterday. He reckons Eaves is quality and that they'll go down if they lose him. He said Eaves' goal last month against Portsmouth had the Pompey fans applauding.

Edit - here's the goal

https://youtu.be/HyK7cosGit4

J-C
23-11-2018, 11:50 AM
His issue seems to be the board has been a failure and we should be spending more on players.

I don’t agree with either of those points for the reasons outlined above by several others.

He’s entitled to his opinion.

If he has a plan to invest more with our existing funds without jeopardizing our financial future then I’d love to see it.

We don't generally spend big money on transfers, we will do the odd £100 - 200K deals but very seldom in my time watching Hibs have we spent £500k+ on transfers, if anything we tend to sell at £500K+.

theonlywayisup
04-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Maybe time for an update on your first post :aok:, but only if you can be bothered :pray:

When you've been out of the loop for a few days, it's difficult keeping up with what's going on.

Confirmed in
None

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (2.5 years)

Confirmed out
None

Rumoured in
Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
Tommy Block (midfielder, Bognor Regis Town)
Tom Eaves (striker, Gillingham)
Marc NcNulty (striker, Reading)

Rumoured new contracts
None

Rumoured out
Ryan Porteous (Aston Villa)

Diclonius
04-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Maybe time for an update on your first post :aok:, but only if you can be bothered :pray:

When you've been out of the loop for a few days, it's difficult keeping up with what's going on.

What are the new rumours? Genuinely don't remember any.

Dublin07
04-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Leigh griffiths
Derek Riordan
Anthony Stokes
Antonio reyes
Jamie cureton

Haymaker
04-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Leigh griffiths
Derek Riordan
Anthony Stokes
Antonio reyes
Jamie cureton

Eaststand
04-12-2018, 11:46 AM

I just saw Peter Cormack walking along towards the ground, and he was carrying a bag that looked very like a boot bag.....

GGTTH

Scotty Leither
04-12-2018, 03:15 PM
You on the wind up?

By maybe spending some of the guaranteed fee 2.75-3m we've either received or are set to receive for McGinn (and Simon Murray) - and that's before the potential add-ons in the future?

Maybe by having a big-name player lined up as soon as McGinn goes we can send out a "statement of intent"; copyright Scott Lindsay (after we bought Riordan) an ex-Hibs director and another cast in the image of Petrie.

That way you can maybe fire the fans enthusiasm even further, that we're trading up a wee bit in the transfer market from where we've historically always been before?

Then, think of this, the fans get engaged and even more season-tickets are sold on the back of said signing with the promise of "more where he came from", pushing us to 15-16k seasons - which offsets the fee we've paid out - music to the ears of your average Hibs director no?

Or do we revert to type and have less players in the squad than we had last year, a raft of loan players (half of them who aren't even quoted in the first team), and an unbalanced squad that lacks quality and depth in all of the key positions in the team with the exception of the goalkeeper?

How dare we question the wisdom of our Board and dare to dream once in a while eh?

Heisenberg
04-12-2018, 11:00 PM
The Sun reporting that Kosovar Sadiki played as a trialist for our u20s earlier this week. 20 year old 6ft 4 central defender. Previously with Stoke but most recently played in Croatia.

CMurdoch
04-12-2018, 11:16 PM
The Sun reporting that Kosovar Sadiki played as a trialist for our u20s earlier this week. 20 year old 6ft 4 central defender. Previously with Stoke but most recently played in Croatia.

Nice one H. i was wondering who the trialist was.

The 90+2
04-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Deal until the end of the season. Plays 3 games.

SteveHFC
04-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Another centre-back is exactly what we need.

J-C
04-12-2018, 11:34 PM

Another CH that doesn't make mistakes that lead to goals is exactly what we need, no matter who it is.

FifeHibs
04-12-2018, 11:36 PM

IMO only it will be McGregor last season, Efe will go on a free transfer at end of season. Milligan or the club won't take up 2 year option leaving only 2 centre halfs.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 11:41 PM
We don't need any more centre-halves, we need new midfielders and for our current defenders to buck up their ideas.

FifeHibs
04-12-2018, 11:42 PM

He played in a game 2 weeks ago was best player on the pitch.

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 07:34 AM

Oh good, another defender we won't ever play.

J-C
05-12-2018, 08:27 AM
IMO only it will be McGregor last season, Efe will go on a free transfer at end of season. Milligan or the club won't take up 2 year option leaving only 2 centre halfs.

Just checked but it says Milligan signed a 2 year deal.

Winston Ingram
05-12-2018, 09:03 AM

I'm genuinely beginning to wonder if NL is trying to field a team full of centre backs

Heisenberg
05-12-2018, 09:20 AM
We don't need any more centre-halves, we need new midfielders and for our current defenders to buck up their ideas.

While this is true to an extent, McGregor has struggled big time this season and looks to be out of his depth at this level now unfortunately. Efe could leave for free in the summer. Not the worst idea to be looking for a new younger option to go along with Hanlon and Porteous.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Really looking forward to the January window to opening and closing so we can get on with the next phase of slag the Board regardless of who we sign.

neil7908
05-12-2018, 09:53 AM

The guy is only 20, I'm guessing he is might be one for the future. If he's a quality centre back should we not sign him because we are covered in that position for now?

Lendo
05-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Nice one H. i was wondering who the trialist was.

I had assumed it was Tommy Block again seeing as we offered a second trial. This sounds promising though. Does anyone know how this guy got on in the game?

CRAZYHIBBY
05-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Stokes on way back to uk

CRAZYHIBBY
05-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Really looking forward to the January window to opening and closing so we can get on with the next phase of slag the Board regardless of who we sign.

I like your optimism

Leith Green
05-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Just checked but it says Milligan signed a 2 year deal.

Think both parties can terminate after 1 year irc ..

CRAZYHIBBY
05-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Cummings to hearts

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Cummings to hearts

Seen posh are telling him to up his game or his loans getting cancelled. I’d be hoping if he was up for coming back to Scotland we’d at least try persuade him

hfc rd
05-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Cummings to hearts

The way things are going just now here at Hibs, I wouldn’t mind having him back here

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 02:10 PM
The way things are going just now here at Hibs, I wouldn’t mind having him back here

I’d be happy to have him back here. I reckon he’s got more to his game than Maclaren (although I’m basing that on when he left us, dunno what he’s like now).

J-C
05-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Seen posh are telling him to up his game or his loans getting cancelled. I’d be hoping if he was up for coming back to Scotland we’d at least try persuade him

Decent poacher and average player who's too smart arse for his own good, needs to severely knuckle down or his career can only go one way.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Scored last night.

Elephant Stone
05-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Decent poacher and average player who's too smart arse for his own good, needs to severely knuckle down or his career can only go one way.

Him being 'smart arse' is a big part of what made him so good at scoring. Strikers need swagger.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Him being 'smart arse' is a big part of what made him so good at scoring. Strikers need swagger.

:agree: If someone like Sam Stanton had half his swagger he may have made it at Hibs. Cummings swagger and confidence is part of his game and is one of his plus points not downsides IMO.

EH54
05-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Cummings to hearts

I've always said this would happen.

BSEJVT
05-12-2018, 04:46 PM

That's really short sighted

You have forgotten about the period between now and the transfer window opening

There are nearly 3 full slagging weeks until Christmas and another week thereafter

Still I am confident that win lose or draw tonight those 3 or 4 weeks wont be wasted by some

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Cummings to hearts

I hope not.

J-C
05-12-2018, 06:42 PM

More being a smart arse off the pitch, too much **** off the pitch

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-12-2018, 06:42 PM
I hope not.

Will never happen IMO, he's still angry at them for dumping him, anyway he's be a mug to go that garbage.

Unseen work
07-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Lee Erwin?

Haymaker
07-12-2018, 12:51 AM

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 08:47 AM

No

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 08:55 AM

You came out with all this on the summer transfer thread saying we were all pant wetters for wanting another striker and midfielder in. You were spot on there...

Stuart93
07-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Michael O’Halloran saying he hasn’t ruled out a move back to Scotland, would take him

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Michael O’Halloran saying he hasn’t ruled out a move back to Scotland, would take him

Aye and stick him centre midfield the way things are going.

We need a target man to nullify the loss of our creative midfielders replaced with pap.

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 11:45 AM

Yup. Good winger.

CMurdoch
07-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Cummings would be a good addition if possible.
Fit and ready to play unlike most of the players that will be available.

PatHead
07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Cummings would be a good addition if possible.
Fit and ready to play unlike most of the players that will be available.

Would you return McLaren and take Cummings instead?

My_Wife_Camille
07-12-2018, 01:57 PM
In a heartbeat

.Sean.
07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
If Cummings had a straight choice between us or Hearts who do you think he’d choose?

For me he’s a stick on to end up at Hearts

The_Horde
07-12-2018, 03:16 PM
If Cummings had a straight choice between us or Hearts who do you think he’d choose?

Why's that?

Would they even want him? They already have a billion strikers.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 03:17 PM

I think he would choose them aswell.

.Sean.
07-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Why's that?

Would they even want him? They already have a billion strikers.
Because he’s a huge Hearts fan, probably. And he’d love the attention signing for them would bring.

CMurdoch
07-12-2018, 03:28 PM

No keep both.
Certainly no chance we will be buying MacLaren for £400k in the summer the way things are going for him at the moment.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Because he’s a huge Hearts fan, probably. And he’d love the attention signing for them would bring.

Add on all his mates have left and he would have to humbly return I can’t see it at all. He doesn’t seem like Potters type of player though.

JimboHibs
07-12-2018, 03:55 PM
I've always said this would happen.

WOULD ???? .... he's not signed for Hearts.

Daydreamer
07-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Heard a wee story from an ex player after the game on Wednesday that Lennon has asked the board to push the boat out and sign a left hand side midfielder from a rival who is out of contract in the summer on a pre contract that will make him the highest paid player in Hibs history.

alihibs1
07-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Heard a wee story from an ex player after the game on Wednesday that Lennon has asked the board to push the boat out and sign a left hand side midfielder from a rival who is out of contract in the summer on a pre contract that will make him the highest paid player in Hibs history.GMS?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Heard a wee story from an ex player after the game on Wednesday that Lennon has asked the board to push the boat out and sign a left hand side midfielder from a rival who is out of contract in the summer on a pre contract that will make him the highest paid player in Hibs history.

Shinnie.

Daydreamer
07-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Shinnie.

You got that in one Blackpool. The player who told me got it from an ex manager. Seems Lennon really wants him.

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 04:35 PM
You got that in one Blackpool. The player who told me got it from an ex manager. Seems Lennon really wants him.

That’d be ridiculously ambitious. Aberdeen would outbid us anyway but I can see him going down south.

Stuart93
07-12-2018, 04:36 PM

Said the other day he’s exactly what we need, if it’s true and Lennons asked the board to make it happen, let’s hope they do something about it, especially if we’re still sitting this low in the league.

Daydreamer
07-12-2018, 04:41 PM
That’d be ridiculously ambitious. Aberdeen would outbid us anyway but I can see him going down south.

Thats what I said when told, down south. But if no one comes in for him you never know.

badabing67
07-12-2018, 04:47 PM

If that's true I hope its Brandon Barker

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 04:53 PM
If that's true I hope its Brandon Barker

Don't think Preston or Man City are classed as our rivals...

Smartie
07-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Halliday?

3pm
07-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Shinnie.

Ian Cameron.

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 05:20 PM

That will never, ever happen. It's Lennon's Naismith moment. Even if the board somehow agree, here's the likely scenario:

Hibs: Okay Graeme, here's a bumper 4-year contract on club record wages that'll make you the star man for us and the best-paid player in Scotland outside Glasgow.
Shinnie: Hmm sounds tempting, I'll think about it.
Some mid-table English League One team: Hey you wanna be a squad player, we can pay double those wages lol
Shinnie: YES PLEASE!