PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

TheReg!
04-01-2019, 06:52 PM
6 loan month deal apparently on the table for Ryan Gauld??

Lago
04-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Nothing.
Apart from letting him swan around the SFA as a big cheese.

Lago
04-01-2019, 06:59 PM
6 loan month deal apparently on the table for Ryan Gauld??
Woh oh, 6 months loan we're off and running now.
Having a look at this in about more detail, Gauld described as a midfield play maker, does this mean Scott Allan is a no no?
And what is it with Hibs and 6 months loan deals, is that all the ambition at the club these days ?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:03 PM
You keep going on about people being banned for not agreeing with posters, has this actually happened?

Happens all the time. Folk go off on one if someone dares to say anything negative about our club it's cringing asf. Anyways am saying no more as am sure yous just want me to bite and get banned GGTTH FTH! Anyone on Twitter want to give us a follow ma handles @ggtth3192

matty_f
04-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Folks, this is the transfer thread.

Incredibly, most folk looking at this will be going for some info or discussion on potential incoming and outgoing players.

Can we please keep it on topic.

If you want to talk about Twitter handles, Petrie's blazer, the media team, Benchmark PR, what you had for dinner, or how to say "eh" when you're typing it, please start a new thread in the relevant forum

Thanks.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Happens all the time. Folk go off on one if someone dares to say anything negative about our club it's cringing asf. Anyways am saying no more as am sure yous just want me to bite and get banned GGTTH FTH! Anyone on Twitter want to give us a follow ma handles @ggtth3192

Can't say I've seen it happen, the admins will only ban folk if they really need to, not for disagreeing with others, would be a very boring place if we all agreed with each other

Speedway
04-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Hibs working on bringing in a very high quality of pacey, creative rejects, apparently.

SRHibs
04-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Some nice pro-IRA stuff on there! Think I’ll pass.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Some nice pro-IRA stuff on there! Think I’ll pass.

One retweet of a rebel song about Sean south haha

stuart-farquhar
04-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Can't say I've seen it happen, the admins will only ban folk if they really need to, not for disagreeing with others, would be a very boring place if we all agreed with each other

Oh no it wouldn't!

TheReg!
04-01-2019, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5653961]Woh oh, 6 months loan we're off and running now.
Having a look at this in about more detail, Gayle described as a midfield play maker, does this mean Scott Allan is a no no?
And what is it with Hibs and 6 months loan deals, is that all the ambition at the club these days ?[/QUOTE

I’d take 6 months of Ryan Gauld IF that’s on the table, think he has 18 months left on his contract. I think we could accommodate both Scott Allan and Ryan in the same team, it would be (on paper) night and day better than what we have currently imho

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Oh no it wouldn't!

😁😁😁

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Oh no it wouldn't! oh Yes it would!!! Grrrr

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 07:25 PM
You keep going on about people being banned for not agreeing with posters, has this actually happened?

Not purely for disagreeing. If it was I’d have been out the door a long time ago :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5653961]Woh oh, 6 months loan we're off and running now.
Having a look at this in about more detail, Gayle described as a midfield play maker, does this mean Scott Allan is a no no?
And what is it with Hibs and 6 months loan deals, is that all the ambition at the club these days ?[/QUOTE

I’d take 6 months of Ryan Gauld IF that’s on the table, think he has 18 months left on his contract. I think we could accommodate both Scott Allan and Ryan in the same team, it would be (on paper) night and day better than what we have currently imho

Allan and Gauld would be great. We need them both.

CockneyRebel
04-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Not purely for disagreeing. If it was I’d have been out the door a long time ago :greengrin

We live in hope.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 07:57 PM
We live in hope.

How sweet 😘

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 08:03 PM
How's that ��? A only post my point of view. Isn't that what this website was set up for? Or is it agree with the oldest posters or yer banned ya jambo troll ����

You're definitely a Jambo Troll.

Why do you do it, out of interest? Do you have an unsatisfying/non-existent love life and need to get your kicks some other way?

Is it size that's maybe the problem and you're trying to compensate?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:08 PM
You're definitely a Jambo Troll.

Why do you do it, out of interest? Do you have an unsatisfying/non-existent love life and need to get your kicks some other way?

Is it size that's maybe the problem and you're trying to compensate?
Don't dare call me a jambo anything mate what proof do want that changes your thoughts on this matter? I honestly find being called one of them as derogatory.

Barney McGrew
04-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Guys - last request for this to stay on track re. Transfer news or it will be getting closed.

If you want to talk about other subjects, start a thread on it.

Thanks.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Would seem the BBC have withdrawn their story about Gauld to Hibs..

McIntosh
04-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Don't dare call me a jambo anything mate what proof do want that changes your thoughts on this matter? I honestly find being called one of them as derogatory.

You never let evidence get in the way of anything, I would have called you a filthy dumb jambo :wink:

Weegreenman
04-01-2019, 08:19 PM
I can see a big drop in season ticket sales next season unless we can bring in some quality to salvage what’s left of the season. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t think some of the fans that have come back after the cup win will suffer another season like the one we’re currently having. Time for Lennon & his team to pull a couple of rabbits out the hat.

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 08:21 PM
I can see a big drop in season ticket sales next season unless we can bring in some quality to salvage what’s left of the season. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t think some of the fans that have come back after the cup win will suffer another season like the one we’re currently having. Time for Lennon & his team to pull a couple of rabbits out the hat.

Cup win, promotion, 4th place then bolt at the first sign of trouble? Dunno if I'd call them real fans anyway.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Cup win, promotion, 4th place then bolt at the first sign of trouble? Dunno if I'd call them real fans anyway.

Real fans or not we need the ST money to compete with the OF, Aberdeen and Hearts. We could do without any sort of drop off for next season.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:24 PM
You never let evidence get in the way of anything, I would have called you a filthy dumb jambo :wink:

What evidence? I've stated repeatedly that I'll be the first to admit when am wrong!! What makes you such the high and mighty hibs fan that what you says goes anyways? Call me what you want mate but I know the truth. Ggtth

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 08:27 PM
We understand that Hibernian have today contacted Graeme Shinnie with regards to signing a pre contract agreement. Graeme will become Hibs highest paid player should he accept the offer. We understand that Graeme is considering the offer.

Source : twitter

Keyser Sauzee
04-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Tbh all this chat of season ticket sales taking a hit if we finish bottom six has left me scratching my head. After everything the club has went thru in the last 5 seasons this is the first real struggle we’ve had and folk are almost itching to bolt away, weird. How good or poor a season we’ve had doesn’t really come into it when I’m deciding to get my season ticket, if I can commit to a full season without work getting in the way then that’s the only thing I factor in. Fair enough family commitment and finances might play apart for some folk but people only choosing to come if times are on the up is quite embarrassing imo.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:29 PM
We understand that Hibernian have today contacted Graeme Shinnie with regards to signing a pre contract agreement. Graeme will become Hibs highest paid player should he accept the offer. We understand that Graeme is considering the offer.

Source : twitter

Who’s Twitter? Someone with any form of credentials? I’d be delighted with that signing but I just can’t see any way it’ll happen.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Tbh all this chat of season ticket sales taking a hit if we finish bottom six has left me scratching my head. After everything the club has went thru in the last 5 seasons this is the first real struggle we’ve had and folk are almost itching to bolt away, weird. How good or poor a season we’ve had doesn’t really come into it when I’m deciding to get my season ticket, if I can commit to a full season without work getting in the way then that’s the only thing I factor in. Fair enough family commitment and finances might play apart for some folk but people only choosing to come if times are on the up is quite embarrassing imo.

I’m the same, I’ll go no matter what. But the dramatic upturn in ST sales on the back of winning the SC would suggest that probably around 30-40% of our ST holders signed up because of that. If that feel good factor goes then it would probably be likely that a good chunk of them will fall away again.

SouthMoroccoStu
Who’s Twitter? Someone with any form of credentials? I’d be delighted with that signing but I just can’t see any way it’ll happen.

Just seen on Facebook and sharing

No idea the original source

Heisenberg

It’s from a wind up account.

Haymaker
04-01-2019, 08:32 PM
:hyper

stevie-bee
04-01-2019, 08:34 PM
It’s from a wind up account.
Hibernian fan ITK
The guys a fanny talks the biggest sh@@@

Weegreenman
04-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Not quite sure what a “real fan” is these days but looking at our recent history before the cup win I’d estimate we might have between 7-9000 hard core who’ll turn up whatever! We’re currently averaging 17k, we must try and keep them coming and turn them into “real fans” as you put it.

Weegreenman
04-01-2019, 08:40 PM
I’m the same, I’ll go no matter what. But the dramatic upturn in ST sales on the back of winning the SC would suggest that probably around 30-40% of our ST holders signed up because of that. If that feel good factor goes then it would probably be likely that a good chunk of them will fall away again.

Spot on mate :aok:

Gordy M
04-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Same thing happens on here every transfer window, as soon as we are linked with anyone half decent, folk rush to say ‘loada rubbish, never happen’ but as soon as some of our players are linked with other teams, it’s taken as gospel and means we must be selling them:rolleyes: at the moment we are one first team player down where I’d suggest we are pretty well covered(barring injuries)

if possible, 2 midfielders and a striker for me.

problem is, every manager in the country says it’s the worst time to try and get decent players in, so I’m not sure where, or what, players we will go for, not that you would think that it’s difficult when you read some of the stuff on here.

CMurdoch
04-01-2019, 08:46 PM
I get your point but McGinn has played more than twice the amount of games, has won two national cups and has been capped by his country.

If we do sign Gauld I obviously hope he's amazing. I'm just not sure how high a standard the Portuguese second division is. didn't he say he preferred the Portuguese leagues as it's a slightly slower pace of game etc? Well, the pace of our league hasn't changed any in the five years he's been away.

The Portugese second tier averaged 1,100 supporters per league game last season!!! So not the best.
His present team were promoted to the 2nd tier this season.

Keyser Sauzee
04-01-2019, 08:46 PM

I get that but at what point do fans have to look at themselves and say “I love this club, that’s more important than how we performed last season”?

Salisbury Hibby
04-01-2019, 08:47 PM
£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

There's a reason why that's unconfirmed. There is absolutely no way that is accurate. Is that not a sizeable fraction of our turnover?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lang Toun Hibs
04-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Completely agree with this...has it really been that bad this season? Early season was excellent. Ok, we've hit a bad patch and the midfield aren't firing at the moment, but we've still got a great team in place. If it wasn't for countless injuries and changes we'd be doing much better....and we will be doing much better in soon I'm certain of it. Keep calm everyone!

EH54
04-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Completely agree with this...has it really been that bad this season? Early season was excellent. Ok, we've hit a bad patch and the midfield aren't firing at the moment, but we've still got a great team in place. If it wasn't for countless injuries and changes we'd be doing much better....and we will be doing much better in soon I'm certain of it. Keep calm everyone!

A great team? Where are they hiding? We got boys down east mains we haven't seen yet?

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 09:10 PM

People's expectations are higher and quite rightly so. At the end of last season people were starting to think we we were finally about to start seeing the clubs potential. First time in my lifetime we have outsold our neighbours in season tickets, back in Europe (and a fairly decent run), our MD stating we had the biggest budget in our history etc. It's been very disappointing to say the least. I expected much much better than 8th at the turn of the year.

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Peeps that 'arrived' after the cup will drift away, thing is it will be a slow drift, the club has a season or two to stop it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Cup win, promotion, 4th place then bolt at the first sign of trouble? Dunno if I'd call them real fans anyway.Regardless of your feelings that's what will happen...it has before and we need the ST money....over to you Dempster, Petrie, Lennon et all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Completely agree with this...has it really been that bad this season? Early season was excellent. Ok, we've hit a bad patch and the midfield aren't firing at the moment, but we've still got a great team in place. If it wasn't for countless injuries and changes we'd be doing much better....and we will be doing much better in soon I'm certain of it. Keep calm everyone!I'm all for a bit of positivity but where is this great team hiding??? Bar the Celtic match we've been brutal to watch for almost 3 months now....

Lago
04-01-2019, 09:49 PM
:aok:
Regardless of your feelings that's what will happen...it has before and we need the ST money....over to you Dempster, Petrie, Lennon et all

Lago
04-01-2019, 09:50 PM
I'm all for a bit of positivity but where is this great team hiding??? Bar the Celtic match we've been brutal to watch for almost 3 months now....

On a roll tonight border:aok:

Heisenberg
04-01-2019, 09:53 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-deal-for-ryan-gauld-won-t-affect-pursuit-of-scott-allan-1-4852171

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 09:58 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-deal-for-ryan-gauld-won-t-affect-pursuit-of-scott-allan-1-4852171

A promising article. Positive news about both players.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Given previous experiences, the club might not be happy that this has been leaked.

Barney McGrew
04-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Good news :agree:

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 10:00 PM

If the Scotsman's correct that we're about to sign Gauld then that's fabulous. It's exactly the lift we require to keep bums on seats at ER. Here's desperately hoping its true as it sends out the signal the board are serious in their intentions and aren't as some have stated comfortable with mid table safety. Who would have thought Scotland's best prospect was coming to ER after his apprenticeship in Portugal albeit as a loan?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Callum_62

Page filler - all conjecture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstandman
Possible action on the transfer front is going to scupper my hope of 100 pages on this thread before we sign anyone

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 10:02 PM

Ryan Gauld looks a lot like my ex girlfriend in that photo. Get a ****in haircut boy :grr:

madhatter
04-01-2019, 10:04 PM

People are sacrificing their own finances to support a club, this “real fan” stuff is nonsense. I have no problem with people stopping their ST renewal etc. because they hate the product on the pitch and think their money could go to something else. If we finish below some of the clubs above us, fans will have strong reason to stop going - garbage football for months, a team with cheaper ST prices and less ST sold having a better season...and so on.

Club need to give fans a reason to give the club money, if they don’t then fan numbers will diminish, I’d suggest quicker than some people think.

I’m all for supporting club through thick and thin but club wouldn’t support any of us. Also, I think travelling miles and paying money to endure something you now dislike to do would be insane.

Is there evidence anything has changed? Our recent history is littered with European qualification followed by bottom six finish the following season etc. It would be nice to have remote consistency season to season, I hope quality signings are coming because this season has been rotten.

Mr_F
04-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Page filler - all conjecture

Yep, nothing has changed with SA situation from the summer, if he is still contracted to Celtc in this window he will not play for us

Radium

“But Hibs manager Neil Lennon had been determined to lure Gauld back to Scotland as he seeks to increase the quality and quantity of opportunities carved out for last season’s top scorer Florian Kamberi, who has been somewhat goal shy in the first half of the season.”

Interesting that the story mentioned getting Gauld to improve service to Kamberi. Would be good to keep a striker with potential if we are going to get him better service

Mr_F
People are sacrificing their own finances to support a club, this “real fan” stuff is nonsense. I have no problem with people stopping their ST renewal etc. because they hate the product on the pitch and think their money could go to something else. If we finish below some of the clubs above us, fans will have strong reason to stop going - garbage football for months, a team with cheaper ST prices and less ST sold having a better season...and so on.

Club need to give fans a reason to give the club money, if they don’t then fan numbers will diminish, I’d suggest quicker than some people think.

I’m all for supporting club through thick and thin but club wouldn’t support any of us. Also, I think travelling miles and paying money to endure something you now dislike to do would be insane.

Is there evidence anything has changed? Our recent history is littered with European qualification followed by bottom six finish the following season etc. It would be nice to have remote consistency season to season, I hope quality signings are coming because this season has been rotten.

Superb post mate.

SteveHFC
04-01-2019, 10:16 PM

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 10:16 PM

Horrible patter.

Every club goes through periods of inconsistency and re building. Supporters are there to ensure we can re build. Let's support the club instead of ranting.

Results and performances of late haven't been great granted but for goodness sake the club's future is far more important.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

mcfly
04-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Horrible patter.

Every club goes through periods of inconsistency and re building. Supporters are there to ensure we can re build. Let's support the club instead of ranting.

Results and performances of late haven't been great granted but for goodness sake the club's future is far more important.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

It’s not horrible patter at all.

The post is correct. For years we have the occasional good season in the league followed by poor ones.

Following hibs is expensive. The fans have paid their money in big numbers and feel the club can do better than what it’s currently doing.

If you are happy with the football on show then that’s fine but we can do so much better and the recruitment has to improve.

brog
04-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Yep, nothing has changed with SA situation from the summer, if he is still contracted to Celtc in this window he will not play for us

A lot has changed, he can now sign a precontract. Celtc then need to decide if they want to continue in the huff with us or get some money for him & stop paying wages to a player who they never expect to represent their club again.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Allan and Gauld in the same team would be creativity galore IMO and an absolute fantastic start to the transfer window, IF it happens.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Superb post mate.

Club would support any of us...?

Well that’s to ignore the good work the club do in the community with Game Changer (Mental Health), Fit Fans In Training (physical health), Walking Football plus the Christmas dinners provinding a place for folks to go get warmth, food and a chat.

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 10:31 PM
It’s not horrible patter at all.

The post is correct. For years we have the occasional good season in the league followed by poor ones.

Following hibs is expensive. The fans have paid their money in big numbers and feel the club can do better than what it’s currently doing.

If you are happy with the football on show then that’s fine but we can do so much better and the recruitment has to improve.

If you could illustrate exactly whereabouts I actually stated that?

You've not changed my mind that it wasn't horrible patter either. I've yet to meet a true 'supporter' ranting on about how the club doesn't support them etc. A real supporter rather than a fan accepts changes will have to be made and continues to support the club by paying in as much as is affordable. We've all been there during the hard times and endure it but hey when the successes come along like winning the Skol cup the Scottish Cup etc they make all the hard times worth it and then some.

Let's wait and see what occurs in this transfer window afore throwing the toys out the prams eh.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The Spaceman
04-01-2019, 10:35 PM

Agreed. Many posts on here in the past couple of months have been utterly pathetic. If these "fans" want to walk out, then go ahead. They can go grow a pair whilst they are at it. We have had a glorious couple of years as a club, but without millions and millions to throw in we will go through rough patches. So be it. GGTTH.

Captain Trips
04-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Yes it is that bad, I had hoped to be pushing for 2nd and as it appears that would be pushing for 1st. I am not saying we had to be 2nd now but within 4/5 pts would have us in mix. We are 7/8 pts away from that so for me it's been poor.

Killie have managed.

SChibs
04-01-2019, 10:44 PM

When hibs go through bad times I look at my ticket money as an investment that should lead to good times. The more supporters buy season tickets the better Hibs should do. Obviously it doesn't always work like that.

Without the money coming in it's hard to build a good team but without a good team it's hard to get the money in. It's a catch 22.

yerauldda
04-01-2019, 10:51 PM
These two signings alone would make a huge difference to how I’d feel about the current team, the below XI would be very exciting to watch:

Marciano
Gray Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Allan Milligan Mallan
Boyle Kamberi Gauld

EskbankHibby
04-01-2019, 10:52 PM
So any transfer/signing rumours then?

All the rest of this **** is tedious.

Think we can all agree we are better than we were 4 years ago but not better than we were last year.

We lost the best midfield in Scotland, would be incredible to be in a similar position.

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 11:01 PM
So any transfer/signing rumours then?

All the rest of this **** is tedious.

Think we can all agree we are better than we were 4 years ago but not better than we were last year.

We lost the best midfield in Scotland, would be incredible to be in a similar position.

Yes, two in the last day.

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Where's the Cat? Used to be a fine source of transfer itk rumours.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Where's the Cat? Used to be a fine source of transfer itk rumours.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

He got hounded out in the summer..

🎣

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 11:15 PM
He got hounded out in the summer..

🎣

Booted off or just a period of self absence mate?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

bingo70
04-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Booted off or just a period of self absence mate?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

His choice.

He was never hounded out and can come back whenever he wants.

Brooster
04-01-2019, 11:18 PM
He left after making 95% of his rumours up....and getting most wrong.

madhatter
04-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Club would support any of us...?

Well that’s to ignore the good work the club do in the community with Game Changer (Mental Health), Fit Fans In Training (physical health), Walking Football plus the Christmas dinners provinding a place for folks to go get warmth, food and a chat.

These initiatives are great don’t get me wrong. My thinking was more - if I went into financial ruin would club come to save me? Are the fans expected to come to the aid of a club? I’d argue that fans expect other fans to do the most they can for the club, hence why we have HSL etc.

We are there to support the club, yes, but sometimes the word “support” is a bit misleading. We are talking about supporting a business at the end of the day, sporting business but a business nevertheless.

My analogy would be paying £400 for a Netflix subscription even though you hate everything they are streaming. I understand we’ve all got an emotional attachment to the club and it means more that other businesses but saying a club wouldn’t be anything without the fans is the exact same as saying a business would be nothing without its customers/clients.

Just as Netflix need to ensure they get good movies to stream, Hibs need to ensure there is a good team to watch. Money does not grow on trees and people want something that justifies the money spent. I hope club get this and the next transfer window right as it is vital they do. Allan and Gauld would be a good start.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Do any of you lads Ken who runs that's hibs transfer news on Twitter he loves a rumour like

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 11:20 PM
His choice.

He was never hounded out and can come back whenever he wants.

Fair do's indeed mate. Hope he comes back sometime as I for one enjoyed his itk transfer talk even if one or two wasn't 100% as would be expected tbf.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Do any of you lads Ken who runs that's hibs transfer news on Twitter he loves a rumour like

👀

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 11:27 PM
👀

?

California-Hibs
04-01-2019, 11:28 PM

Wrong.

He's very much in the know and has provided many great snippets over the years. Some come in, some don't, the nature of transfers is the goal posts can be changed at any time even the last minute. To say he 'makes things up' couldn't be further off the mark and shows how out of touch you are.
Im lucky to still be in touch with him and don't blame him for staying away from the boards with idiots sprouting such nonsense.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Wrong.

He's very much in the know and has provided many great snippets over the years. Some come in, some don't, the nature of transfers is the goal posts can be changed at any time even the last minute. To say he 'makes things up' couldn't be further off the mark and shows how out of touch you are.
Im lucky to still be in touch with him and don't blame him for staying away from the boards with idiots sprouting such nonsense.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but having read and contributed (and I use that term loosely) this board for about 15 years, it's my opinion that brooster is about as ITK as you can get.

If he thinks a poster was making up rumours, which many others had suspicions of, then it's probably true.

He seemed like a decent bloke, so it's a shame he doesn't contribute anymore as I liked/shared most of his views on football.

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Wrong.

He was hounded out by Brooster mainly, nobody else gave him any abuse.

Threw his toys right out of the pram for me. Put your head above the parapet and people will take shots at you, that's life unfortunately and Freddie ran away at the first shot.

CMurdoch
04-01-2019, 11:44 PM
��

ltyp

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 11:49 PM

Correct, there was no witch hunt. He was called out on some BS and left.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2019, 11:52 PM
These initiatives are great don’t get me wrong. My thinking was more - if I went into financial ruin would club come to save me? Are the fans expected to come to the aid of a club? I’d argue that fans expect other fans to do the most they can for the club, hence why we have HSL etc.

We are there to support the club, yes, but sometimes the word “support” is a bit misleading. We are talking about supporting a business at the end of the day, sporting business but a business nevertheless.

My analogy would be paying £400 for a Netflix subscription even though you hate everything they are streaming. I understand we’ve all got an emotional attachment to the club and it means more that other businesses but saying a club wouldn’t be anything without the fans is the exact same as saying a business would be nothing without its customers/clients.

Just as Netflix need to ensure they get good movies to stream, Hibs need to ensure there is a good team to watch. Money does not grow on trees and people want something that justifies the money spent. I hope club get this and the next transfer window right as it is vital they do. Allan and Gauld would be a good start.

I reckon what we’re probably seeing is the shift in thinking about what it means to support. For me although I’m mibbie more old school than some I don’t think the analogy with Netflix works. Nor does the notion of an ST. It everyone is different. When I started attending (87 - Miller-time) I’d attend
all home games and all Hearts and Dunfermline games some St J’s, Raith away games etc. Supporting the team wasnt about owning a season ticket.

Maybe we’ve become more discerning over the years but experiences of
Relegation has show our support we have no divine right. To demand/expect to be entertained in Scottish football (and in recent seasons I reckon we’ve been good value - esp when you looked at the mad goals scored until Kamberi got injured) then you’re needing two teams to buy into that generally - plenty more than happy to skip that.

Even the English leagues are not all the razzmatazz that Sky bigs it up to be - Super Sunday the Sounthampton V Huddersfield or whomever.

Nor will you be paying to continually what what you hate.

Time for a bit of perspective. Perhaps we punched above our weight for a wee bit after we lost McGinn but then injuries, stop/start with international breaks killed consistency/momentum/selections allied to off-performances.

We need to pull it together not helped by Efe leaving but that’s football. It’s documented Allan just wasn’t on last transfer window. We should have gone for an additional forward but many weee delighted in securting Kamberi and to a lesser extent MacLaren.

We’ve had a bit of an extended blip exacerbated by narrowly losing to Hearts and them ahead in the league. But over the piece the last yew years supporting Hibs beats a lot of what has gone in previous years.

So Gauld and Allan please !

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2019, 11:54 PM
If this thread was a horse it would have been shot by now :bitchy:

Radium
05-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Correct, there was no witch hunt. He was called out on some BS and left.

Over a period of time the number of snippets that went from here to Twitter seemed to become an issue that pee’d him off so the move seemed to be coming. The posts on a transfer thread seemed to finalise it when he was called out having posted about the breakdown of a transfer.

Easy enough found on Twitter.

Radium
05-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Going to bed but spoke to someone today with a loose link to the club. Said they were told last week that Efe was away and that a signing would be announced on 14 January.

I have a poor track record so have not named any player. Presuming that’s the first business day after the training camp. Has anyone heard anything similar?

Hibbyradge
05-01-2019, 12:06 AM
If this thread was a horse it would have been shot by now :bitchy:

:agree:

The first horse to contract bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

eastmainsmsh
05-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Is Shinnie coming

neil7908
05-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Is Shinnie coming

No

Speedway
05-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Maybe I'm being naive here, but having read and contributed (and I use that term loosely) this board for about 15 years, it's my opinion that brooster is about as ITK as you can get.

If he thinks a poster was making up rumours, which many others had suspicions of, then it's probably true.

He seemed like a decent bloke, so it's a shame he doesn't contribute anymore as I liked/shared most of his views on football.

Agree. Brooster and Scoopy are out on their own based on track record over the years.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 12:25 AM
What's this about? McLaren away??

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/f09f9745c7b6b2d784971a0ac209e7b2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2019, 12:27 AM

Ooft. HSL releasing this info before the club have announced anything??

eastmainsmsh
05-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Melbourne Victory seemingly wanting mac

Johnny_Leith
05-01-2019, 12:31 AM
Melbourne Victory seemingly wanting mac

Melbourne city I think it is. Revolving door this Jan!

Lemonade
05-01-2019, 12:31 AM

Wow .
That’ll be that then.

Tornadoes70
05-01-2019, 12:34 AM
I reckon what we’re probably seeing is the shift in thinking about what it means to support. For me although I’m mibbie more old school than some I don’t think the analogy with Netflix works. Nor does the notion of an ST. It everyone is different. When I started attending (87 - Miller-time) I’d attend
all home games and all Hearts and Dunfermline games some St J’s, Raith away games etc. Supporting the team wasnt about owning a season ticket.

Maybe we’ve become more discerning over the years but experiences of
Relegation has show our support we have no divine right. To demand/expect to be entertained in Scottish football (and in recent seasons I reckon we’ve been good value - esp when you looked at the mad goals scored until Kamberi got injured) then you’re needing two teams to buy into that generally - plenty more than happy to skip that.

Even the English leagues are not all the razzmatazz that Sky bigs it up to be - Super Sunday the Sounthampton V Huddersfield or whomever.

Nor will you be paying to continually what what you hate.

Time for a bit of perspective. Perhaps we punched above our weight for a wee bit after we lost McGinn but then injuries, stop/start with international breaks killed consistency/momentum/selections allied to off-performances.

We need to pull it together not helped by Efe leaving but that’s football. It’s documented Allan just wasn’t on last transfer window. We should have gone for an additional forward but many weee delighted in securting Kamberi and to a lesser extent MacLaren.

We’ve had a bit of an extended blip exacerbated by narrowly losing to Hearts and them ahead in the league. But over the piece the last yew years supporting Hibs beats a lot of what has gone in previous years.

So Gauld and Allan please !

Very lucky indeed. Some who I know just missed the Tornadoes in their prime then introduced to Hibernian FC very unfortunately for them as that was indeed some dark days until first Archie then John Collins, Big Rae, Geebsie etc with some chinks of light in between up until the utterly glorious League Cup/Skol Cup win of 91/92. Count yourself lucky indeed.

Most Hibees from then and prior are still staunch Hibees cause we're 'supporters' cause despite dark days the successes are fabulous.

Despite Wullie Jamieson.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Johnny_Leith
05-01-2019, 12:35 AM

Tweet has been taken down now. 🤔

neil7908
05-01-2019, 12:38 AM
Tweet has been taken down now. 🤔

Well that's him gone then!

bigwheel
Tweet has been taken down now. [emoji848]

Somebody will be getting told off [emoji102].

Turning out to be a much bigger transfer window than Imagined....

Diclonius
Really lame

we are hibs
05-01-2019, 12:40 AM
That's a shocker and embarrassing from HSL.

Gloucester Hibs
The shopping list for the January window gets bigger...

madhatter
Does that really leave Kamberi as the only senior striker? This is the smallest squad I can remember and yet we are getting rid of players...

Crazy times.

Ozyhibby

I think that is a good sign. We have been dreadful this season so far and a little bit of tinkering wasn’t going to fix it.
I liked McLaren last season but he’s no good sitting in the stand.

SteveHFC
05-01-2019, 12:41 AM

The board have to really back Lennon this window. No excuses if not.

SteveHFC
05-01-2019, 12:41 AM
The shopping list for the January window gets bigger...

Looking forward to the last minute deadline day loan deals.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 12:42 AM
I think that is a good sign. We have been dreadful this season so far and a little bit of tinkering wasn’t going to fix it.

Fair enough...as long as we get a decent set of quality in....

Eaststandee
05-01-2019, 12:42 AM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIf we've let Jamie go I'd be extremely disappointed.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Barney McGrew
05-01-2019, 12:43 AM
If it’s true - and it looks likely - then you have to wonder why HSL are getting advance notice on transfer dealings.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2019, 12:44 AM
The board have to really back Lennon this window. No excuses if not.

What does that actually mean, Steve?

Ozyhibby
05-01-2019, 12:47 AM
If it’s true - and it looks likely - then you have to wonder why HSL are getting advance notice on transfer dealings.

Maybe the same person does the social media and one got sent early by mistake?

CMac1988
05-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Is that the official HSL Twitter account? If so you'd also have to question why, with this knowledge, they'd go over the clubs head to get this out... Very strange and extremely amateur looking.

Rocky
05-01-2019, 12:49 AM

I don't think it's true - a fake Twitter account purporting to be Hibs official posted the story a couple of hours ago. I think HSL got hooked.

madhatter
05-01-2019, 12:49 AM

Could be something innocent I suppose, I’d imagine might know Jamie personally and he may have said fairwell or something. Still poor for it to be posted before announcement.

Tornadoes70
05-01-2019, 12:50 AM

:top marks

He's hardly featured this season. No disrespect to Jamie but glad he's away and we can bring someone else in. Looking forward to it.

Going to be an exciting transfer window.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Haymaker
05-01-2019, 12:50 AM

Ozyhibby
05-01-2019, 12:51 AM
I don't think it's true - a fake Twitter account purporting to be Hibs official posted the story a couple of hours ago. I think HSL got hooked.

Possible, there was a fake Ryan Gauld announcement going about earlier. Wasn’t a very good one right enough but might have caught HSL out.

MagicSwirlingShip
05-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Does that really leave Kamberi as the only senior striker? This is the smallest squad I can remember and yet we are getting rid of players...

Crazy times.

Kamberi & Shaw. You’ve got to hope that we have players lined up on the way in.

Rocky
05-01-2019, 12:54 AM
Possible, there was a fake Ryan Gauld announcement going about earlier. Wasn’t a very good one right enough but might have caught HSL out.

Aye this one is Hibrnianfc and didn't even manage capital letters in his name

Speedway
05-01-2019, 12:56 AM
#clubtogether

Have we used that hashtag?

Sounds like a whip round to get a taxi home after a heavy sesh.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2019, 12:56 AM

Mibbie jumpin the gun - reports about loan to Melbourne?

madhatter
05-01-2019, 12:59 AM
Kamberi & Shaw. You’ve got to hope that we have players lined up on the way in.

Really wouldn’t class Shaw as a senior player yet, Porteous deserves to be considered one as he stands out, Shaw has a way to go still. Happy he is around first team and deserves chances but we certainly need players in. Even if the Maclaren stuff is fake, which I think it might be, I can see him leaving anyway, he’s barely played.

MagicSwirlingShip
05-01-2019, 01:15 AM
Really wouldn’t class Shaw as a senior player yet, Porteous deserves to be considered one as he stands out, Shaw has a way to go still. Happy he is around first team and deserves chances but we certainly need players in. Even if the Maclaren stuff is fake, which I think it might be, I can see him leaving anyway, he’s barely played.

I hear ya.

Worrying times when we are also seeing Flo linked with a move away. Expecting lots of arrivals over the coming weeks.

Daydreamer
05-01-2019, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5654303]He got hounded out in the summer..

🎣[/QUOTE

He never got hounded out he was spoken to by a professional football player who's name he was using on here that he said he was friendly with and told in no uncertain terms not to use his name again on this site.

snedzuk
05-01-2019, 01:47 AM
These two signings alone would make a huge difference to how I’d feel about the current team, the below XI would be very exciting to watch:

Marciano
Gray Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Allan Milligan Mallan
Boyle Kamberi Gauld

sorry but if milligan = excitement, I think ill stick some poisoned needles in my eyes instead.

Unseen work
05-01-2019, 01:59 AM
I expect some big signings with who we have let go so far as it would have cleared out big wages

MacLaren
Hyndman
Ambrose
Mavrias
Campbell (on loan)

i wohld expect Maclaren, Hyndman and Ambrose to have been 3 of the highest earners at the club.

to think our squad was think before never mind the 5 players mentioned above. Add to that Boyle is injured and Milligan is away with the national team too.

Absolutley huge window now, need about 6 signings now.

Unseen work
05-01-2019, 02:03 AM
Heard we are looking to take Jack Hendry on loan.

Young defender who likes to play out from the back which we will miss now Efe has gone. Big athletic lad who is highly rated and lost a bit of confidence lately, think he would thrive here.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2019, 02:59 AM
Someone had created a fake Hibs twitter and badly photoshopped a picture of RG onto Scott Allan holding a strip up.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2019, 03:00 AM

Young defender who likes to play out from the back which we will miss now Efe has gone. Big athletic lad who is highly rated and lost a bit of confidence lately, think he would thrive here.

Anytime I’ve seen him play for Celtic he’s been murder.

calumhibee1
05-01-2019, 03:21 AM

The only reason I’d be pleased about this is that it would suggest Celtic aren’t in the huff anymore and give us a better chance of getting Allan.

Dalianwanda
05-01-2019, 04:25 AM
Anytime I’ve seen him play for Celtic he’s been murder.

He was really good for Dundee..Still young and learning. Can’t remember what he was like for Scotland. Would take him to cover us for rest of season.

Libby Hibby
05-01-2019, 04:52 AM

I just dont see it all with this laddy. Mistake maker. I thought he was average at best at Dundee and has been massively found out at Celtic. He looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Give me Porto, Souter, Ajer or McKenna any day over him.

He was released by Celtic at a young age. Not sure what they think has changed to then buy him back.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2019, 05:34 AM

Callum_62
05-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Didnt HSL tweet something last year about Mcgeough staying?

We all know how that turned out....

Wouldn’t be surprised if Maclaren leaves though- probably on a heavy wage and to be honest, has looked so far out his depth when he has played this season

Brooster
05-01-2019, 06:59 AM
He was hounded out by Brooster mainly, nobody else gave him any abuse.

Threw his toys right out of the pram for me. Put your head above the parapet and people will take shots at you, that's life unfortunately and Freddie ran away at the first shot.

Haha behave yourself. I asked for a bit more info on a couple of his rumours. He was called out not hounded out.

Squealing pig
05-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Is it just me or has transfer rumours (if not the whole site) got worse since cat never returned

ian cruise
05-01-2019, 07:25 AM

Not sure they'd get advance notice of transfers. I'd guess with the rumours going about they're prepping draft tweets and other social media posts so they can just hit send when announced and this got posted instead of saved.

flash
05-01-2019, 07:26 AM
Is it just me or has transfer rumours (if not the whole site) got worse since cat never returned

Aye we have nobody to tell us where Kenny Miller is going.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Not sure they'd get advance notice of transfers. I'd guess with the rumours going about they're prepping draft tweets and other social media posts so they can just hit send when announced and this got posted instead of saved.

They’re on the board.

Mr_F
05-01-2019, 07:45 AM
A lot has changed, he can now sign a precontract. Celtc then need to decide if they want to continue in the huff with us or get some money for him & stop paying wages to a player who they never expect to represent their club again.

Nothing has changed.

The money they would get from a “sale” to us & his wage off their books is small time beer for Lawwell & Celtc and after the summer not interested.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2019, 07:48 AM
This is a fake tweet folks. Don’t take the bait.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/4125605ee6416dcb5573e457ea2163bc.jpg

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 07:50 AM

That’s up there with some of the worst photoshops on the internet 🙈

Brooster
05-01-2019, 08:06 AM

Haha. East Mains doesn't get that sunny in the summer.

Borderhibbie76
05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Given previous experiences, the club might not be happy that this has been leaked.Maybe the club have deliberately leaked it...it's clear we are all in need of some positive news after a bad start to 2019 with the Derby defeat, Boyles injury and now Efe gone

Captain Trips
05-01-2019, 08:13 AM
I want us to go 442 or 451

Marciano/Bogdan both good.

Gray
Ryan P
Daz or Hanlon
Lewis.

As for midfield and forwards not to bothered to see wholesale changes up there.

bingo70
05-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Feel free to make a series of vague educated guesses based on information already in the public domain if you really miss him.

Borderhibbie76
05-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Crazy times.It's fine if replacements are lined up nut considering we have a game in 2 weeks time we better be getting the cheque book out and pronto

Diclonius
05-01-2019, 08:22 AM
We seem to be quite happy to operate with next to no strikers, so I wouldn't hold your breath on one coming in any time soon.

flash
05-01-2019, 08:27 AM
We seem to be quite happy to operate with next to no strikers, so I wouldn't hold your breath on one coming in any time soon.

Take a day off.

theonlywayisup
05-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Gauld on loan and Allan pre-contract? unless we can wrangle a deal with the tic

Meant to reply to this yesterday.

Is the above confirmed/a guess/what someone down the pub told you? Who/what is your source?

Unbelievable that there have been approximately 20 pages of 'rumours' since you posted yesterday morning.

theonlywayisup
05-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Bring back cat123

Hibs1972
05-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Bring back cat123
Where is he?:confused:

flash
05-01-2019, 08:41 AM

Probably in his house.

Michael
05-01-2019, 08:45 AM

Folk on here weren't very nice to him when a couple of his roumours didn't go through. He didn't appreciate that and left.

flash
05-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Folk on here weren't very nice to him when a couple of his roumours didn't go through. He didn't appreciate that and left.

Not what happened.

bingo70
05-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Not true

Cat Stanton
05-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Spot on! It's just folk arguing pointlessly - and tiresomely.

Bring back the (other) Cat!

Brightside
05-01-2019, 08:56 AM
There are a few people on here who are just dicks when it comes to people putting up info they might hear. They add nothing at all to the forum so it’s best just to put them on ignore. Every single bit of info may turn out to be false or may fail. But there are a few people who make it personal.

Cat Stanton
05-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Meanwhile.... https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-deal-for-ryan-gauld-won-t-affect-pursuit-of-scott-allan-1-4852171

bingo70
05-01-2019, 09:02 AM
There are a few people on here who are just dicks when it comes to people putting up info they might hear. They add nothing at all to the forum so it’s best just to put them on ignore. Every single bit of info may turn out to be false or may fail. But there are a few people who make it personal.

Tbf it was the cat who acted irrationally and started throwing blame around when the rumour he heard and passed on never materialised.

Anyway, It’s no big deal, I hope he comes back but I find the cult like following he seems to have quite bizarre. It’s just an Internet forum.

The Spaceman
05-01-2019, 09:02 AM
I would be a tiny bit gutted if Maclaren left IF we are bringing in Gauld and Allan. That is the kind of service him and Flo absolutely thrived off last season, so if we could hold on I would! There is a good poacher in there, he has just been starved of service as has Flo. Not sure a club of our size can attract instant fix strikers readily, we got lucky last season that Flo and JMac clicked right away.

Vault Boy
05-01-2019, 09:06 AM
HSL have a history of leaking transfer tweets early and then deleting them. It's really quite weird, usually correct though.

GordonHFC
05-01-2019, 09:14 AM

Absolutely. It is a rumours forum after all and people should accept what is being posted in good faith. No need for personal abuse.

147lothian
05-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Tbf it was the cat who acted irrationally and started throwing blame around when the rumour he heard and passed on never materialised.

Anyway, It’s no big deal, I hope he comes back but I find the cult like following he seems to have quite bizarre. It’s just an Internet forum.

IMO the cat never acted irrationally at all, all he did was pass on information that most folk didn't want to hear, and was hounded out, he must have some source within E.R because the majority of what he says turns out to be true, which is why people like myself enjoy his posts, you can call that a cult following if you like, I just call it trying to find out what's going on behind the scenes, that doesn't get released by the press.

Beefster
05-01-2019, 09:25 AM

My recollection was that, after being criticised for blatantly trying to throw Dempster under the bus (leading to her getting abuse on Twatter) and being told by several trustworthy ITKers that he was talking pish, he flounced off in the huff and, after years of using hibs.net, declared on Twatter that we were all ****s and this was totally the worst web site in the world ever.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 09:27 AM
I like all decent rumours posted on here..really appreciate them ...loads of things can take different twists and turns and end up not happening ..but it’s always good when those with some titbits of info share them ...makes this place more interesting..

It must be thankless task at times mind you - those on here who share what they hear do get challenged at times..glad I have no contacts ! [emoji23].

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2019, 09:29 AM
IMO the cat never acted irrationally at all, all he did was pass on information that most folk didn't want to hear, and was hounded out, he must have some source within E.R because the majority of what he says turns out to be true, which is why people like myself enjoy his posts, you can call that a cult following if you like, I just call it trying to find out what's going on behind the scenes, that doesn't get released by the press.

ofgs stop it

Wilson
05-01-2019, 09:30 AM
after years of using hibs.net, declared on Twatter that we were all ****s and this was totally the worst web site in the world ever.

Damn. His info IS good after all! :wink:

PatHead
05-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Must admit I would rather have rumours than umpteen pages of folk saying we need more players, which we did before the window opened.

Anyone know if Ryan Gould is happening?

jacomo
05-01-2019, 09:43 AM

Wee tinge of jealousy here?

matty_f
05-01-2019, 09:47 AM

I can imagine loads of grown ups would get jealous of that.

No, actually, I can't.

Anyway folks, for the final time before the thread gets closed - can we keep on topic please - transfer news/discussion.

SirDavidsNapper
Bring back cat123

Is he not the guy who broke the news Kamberi was signing when Lennon said months earlier we had an option to buy him if he impressed? And that we were definitely signing Scott Allan?

flash

Just the truth.

Liam6270
05-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Is Maclaren away?

1van Sprou7e
05-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know if the Gauld story is legit?

Just asking because this story crops up regarding a different scottish club every transfer window

bingo70
05-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Right, what times the flight and who’s on airport duty to see if there’s any new players travelling with the squad?

Allant1981
05-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know if the Gauld story is legit?

Just asking because this story crops up regarding a different scottish club every transfer window

Most news outlets are reporting it so must be some truth in it

Smartie
05-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Maybe the club have deliberately leaked it...it's clear we are all in need of some positive news after a bad start to 2019 with the Derby defeat, Boyles injury and now Efe gone

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs if the departure of a player who did well for us for half a season and was then largely injured for another half season qualifies as news to give us a lift.

The number of good news stories we're going to need to have to compensate for these departures is rising by the day......

1van Sprou7e
05-01-2019, 10:00 AM
It's a pretty sorry state of affairs if the departure of a player who did well for us for half a season and was then largely injured for another half season qualifies as news to give us a lift.

The number of good news stories we're going to need to have to compensate for these departures is rising by the day......

Whit?

Lmc2105
05-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Right, what times the flight and who’s on airport duty to see if there’s any new players travelling with the squad?

Usual Dubai flight from Edinburgh is about 7 o’clock. So am guessing it’s going to be that one :greengrin

Brightside
05-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Is Maclaren away?

Not yet. But we have been actively trying to move him on.

Smartie
05-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Whit?

I thought he was talking about HSL leaking the news that McLaren is leaving?

It's not exactly leaking the news that we've signed Steve Archibald from Barcelona.

Libby Hibby
05-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Now here is a rumour...just read on Twitter...Micah Richards, 6 month loan, currently at Aston Villa and still only 30!!!

MWHIBBIES
05-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Now here is a rumour...just read on Twitter...Micah Richards, 6 month loan, currently at Aston Villa and still only 30!!!

Hasn't played in years. Really hope it's bull****. He's a mess. Can't bother for a big club like Villa who are paying him tens of thousands.

1van Sprou7e
05-01-2019, 10:05 AM
I thought he was talking about HSL leaking the news that McLaren is leaving?

It's not exactly leaking the news that we've signed Steve Archibald from Barcelona.

Click the link, it's about signing Gauld and Allan

jacomo
05-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Scott Allan has no future with Celtc beyond his current deal and has played his best football in a Hibs shirt.

Pre contract agreement on a 3 year deal would be nice. Hibs could then open negotiations on an early release. Up to him now I suppose.

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Oli Burke signed for Celtic??

MacGruber
05-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Must have been riddled with injury problems over the years - completely forgot he existed!

1van Sprou7e
05-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Must have been riddled with injury problems over the years - completely forgot he existed!

Actually mental that he's only 30

Michael
05-01-2019, 10:09 AM

He barely played for 2 years for a generally pretty dodgy Villa side. Don't think he's much interested in playing football and I'd be a bit disappointed if we signed him.

04Sauzee
05-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Oli Burke signed for Celtic??

On SSN subject to a medical. Pretty sure he's a winger so could see Morgan going on loan somewhere or the end of the ex Aberdeen winger (forget his name?)

B.H.F.C
05-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Burke to Celtic is an odd one.

If that is the type of player they’re looking at in this window that lot won’t be happy.

bingo70
05-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Burke to Celtic is an odd one.

If that is the type of player they’re looking at in this window that lot won’t be happy.

Is he not exactly the same position as James Forrest?

I’m assuming they’ll put him on the left wing but that’s not his position, strange signing imo.

Stuart93
05-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Must admit I would rather have rumours than umpteen pages of folk saying we need more players, which we did before the window opened.

Anyone know if Ryan Gould is happening?

Yes

IanM
05-01-2019, 10:24 AM

35k a week, not played in two years
Nice work if you can get it!

sauzee=legend
05-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Burke now guaranteed to be in the next Scotland squad

My_Wife_Camille
05-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Interesting one. My first thought was no thanks due to his well publicised attitude ‘problems’ but then again, if we are to bring in a player of his quality and pedigree then there’s always going to to be a reason why!

Im undecided

IanM
05-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Hibs enquired about Zac Clough back in August, he’s on loan at Rotherham, played 5 scored 0.. wonder if the interest is still there

04Sauzee
05-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Not sure where this Rumour has surfaced but it looks like he hasn't played football in 2 years. I don't think he will be coming to Easter Road

https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/17/micah-richards-no-nearer-aston-villa-comeback-two-years-sidelines/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffootb all%2F2018%2F10%2F17%2Fmicah-richards-no-nearer-aston-villa-comeback-two-years-sidelines%2F

villahibs
05-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Interesting one. My first thought was no thanks due to his well publicised attitude ‘problems’ but then again, if we are to bring in a player of his quality and pedigree then there’s always going to to be a reason why!

Im undecided

What attitude problems?

From what I believe it’s purely fitness issues behind the reasons he’s never played for so long. By all accounts his attitude is excellent and has been a huge help and role model to the youngsters coming through at Villa. Be surprised if this happened though or indeed he moved anywhere. Shame, cracking player... powerful, quick and technically very good.

Haymaker
05-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Souter96Mac
05-01-2019, 10:50 AM
On SSN subject to a medical. Pretty sure he's a winger so could see Morgan going on loan somewhere or the end of the ex Aberdeen winger (forget his name?)

Maybe Morgan to Killie, if Jones goes to the Huns. To try and strengthen Killie to be a threat against them

percy veer
05-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Not sure where this Rumour has surfaced but it looks like he hasn't played football in 2 years. I don't think he will be coming to Easter Road

https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/17/micah-richards-no-nearer-aston-villa-comeback-two-years-sidelines/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffootb all%2F2018%2F10%2F17%2Fmicah-richards-no-nearer-aston-villa-comeback-two-years-sidelines%2F

I know where this has surfaced from , someone's bored mouth talking absolute tripe saying look at me.

No here's a rumour Andy Carroll fancies a stint in Edinburgh can't get enough of the chippy sauce .

Hibernia&Alba
05-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Any wee updates on Scott Allan or any others?

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 10:54 AM
I can imagine loads of grown ups would get jealous of that.

No, actually, I can't

:greengrin. :thumbsup:

Leitherhibs
05-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Hibs enquired about Zac Clough back in August, he’s on loan at Rotherham, played 5 scored 0.. wonder if the interest is still there

Had it on good authority at the time that this was very close to haopening, was a very bright prospect 2-3 years back and Lenny rated him highly at bolton.

BlackSheep
05-01-2019, 11:04 AM
I’ve said it before, getting good performances out of the team comes from building relationships. Last year we made great connections between our attack and midfield, this year it hasn’t quite worked yet.

If Lennon doesn’t think some players are pulling their weight while the rest are then it’s his job to weed these individuals out. If that means a rebuild in January then so be it... it worked last year!

We have a great squad of players that all offer something, we are just missing that glue that binds them all together... let’s hope this window provides us with those players.

GGTTH

BegbieHSC
05-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Motherwell have just confirmed McCormack. For them, that’s some signing.

jacomo
05-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Im undecided

Micah Richards? Like for like replacement for Ambrose I suppose.

Yes, I am trolling you. Or am I? :greengrin

Souter96Mac
05-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Should keep them safe. Not entirely convinced by him, and his attitude is supposedly shocking.

Ozyhibby
05-01-2019, 11:12 AM

I don’t think so, well past his best.

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2019, 11:13 AM

If his attitude is right then it’s a great signing imo

Hibernia&Alba
05-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Well, he's played there before, which may have had some bearing. Wonder how he'll get on?

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 11:15 AM

He's 32..so I don't see that as true...in my view, what the real question is with McCormack is does he have the right mindset and focus to get performing again?? If he does, he could be an excellent signing for them....if he doesn't....then not so much.

cleanyman
05-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Like Naismith aye

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 11:18 AM

You’ve got this notion in ur head that as soon as ur over 31/32, ur finished. Granted it does happen but there are so many examples of players living right and keeping themselves fit that are capable of playing into there late 30’s.

PatHead
05-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Yes

Thanks for updating me. Do you have a good source?

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 11:26 AM
He might be past his best which was tremendous but he is still a technically brilliant player and a fantastic signing for Motherwell.

The_Horde
05-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Micah Richards? Like for like replacement for Ambrose I suppose.

Yes, I am trolling you. Or am I? :greengrin

Admins, it's about time you got on top of this guys persistent trolling.

matty_f
05-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Reported

Ozyhibby
05-01-2019, 11:37 AM
You’ve got this notion in ur head that as soon as ur over 31/32, ur finished. Granted it does happen but there are so many examples of players living right and keeping themselves fit that are capable of playing into there late 30’s.

It happens for the vast majority of players although there are exceptions. The problem is when you get one that doesn’t you are stuck paying his wages.
We have 3 players over the age of 33 now and their abilities are declining rapidly. Two of them are still under contract next season.
Naismith has done well for Hearts this season, is that likely to continue next?
Alex Ferguson would not give out more than 1 year deals to players over 30 for this exact reason.

Golden Bear
05-01-2019, 11:37 AM

:agree:

Kenny Miller being an example.

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 11:43 AM
It happens for the vast majority of players although there are exceptions. The problem is when you get one that doesn’t you are stuck paying his wages.
We have 3 players over the age of 33 now and their abilities are declining rapidly. Two of them are still under contract next season.
Naismith has done well for Hearts this season, is that likely to continue next?
Alex Ferguson would not give out more than 1 year deals to players over 30 for this exact reason.

Handing out longer deals to players that age is a different issue to them being past it. I agree they shouldn’t get 3 year deals but it seems u don’t even want to take a look at a player after u find out they’re 31/32, which is wrong.

bingo70
05-01-2019, 11:49 AM

I think you’re looking at the ages as just a number.

If a player looks after themselves they can play well into their thirties no problem, if a player hasn’t looked after themselves they won’t. It sounds like he hasn’t looked after himself and is starting to struggle.

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 11:50 AM

If a player looks after themselves they can play well into their thirties no problem, if a player hasn’t looked after themselves they won’t. It sounds like he hasn’t looked after himself and is starting to struggle.

I’m actually arguing the opposite of just looking purely at age, look at my post previous to this one.

bingo70
05-01-2019, 11:53 AM
I’m actually arguing the opposite of just looking purely at age, look at my post previous to this one.

Apologies, picked you up wrong.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Why would anyone think that Speedway wasnt taking the piss! :greengrin

It's amazing eh! 😄

B.H.F.C
It’s about improving on what you have in this window. They got a few quid for that Bowman and have brought in McCormack. Improves them IMO.

Keyser Sauzee
05-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Apologies, picked you up wrong.

No worries 👍🏼

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Don’t think it’s about conditioning with McCormack - he seems quite a complex character...moody , perhaps some other issues ...fell out with Villa after being late for training a few times ...resulted in his loan situation ..

He’s a bit like Deeks was - doesn’t fit into a straight formation - isn’t a no 9 or a straight 10 really..but if the system works for him , he can be impressive .

I think his impact at Well will be much more about his mindset, focus and commitment than any worries about his fitness and conditioning ...

Tbh. I’m expecting him to do pretty well...

hibsbollah
05-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Don’t think it’s about conditioning with McCormack - he seems quite a complex character...moody , perhaps some other issues ...fell out with Villa after being late for training a few times ...resulted in his loan situation ..

He’s a bit like Deeks was - doesn’t fit into a straight formation - isn’t a no 9 or a straight 10 really..but if the system works for him , he can be impressive .

I think his impact at Well will be much more about his mindset, focus and commitment than any worries about his fitness and conditioning ...

Tbh. I’m expecting him to do pretty well...

He's also got some recent notoriety as the player whos non signing caused Martin Bains meltdown in the Sunderland Netflix documentary.

Speedway
05-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Busy signing no-one
Working the whole day through
Trying hard to find
No-one to sign a contract to

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Chirs Cadden and Greg Stewart on pre contracts are surely worth a look at.

BegbieHSC
05-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Stuart93
05-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Chirs Cadden and Greg Stewart on pre contracts are surely worth a look at.

There are a lot of decent players that would improve our team who could be signed on a precontract

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 12:38 PM
There are a lot of decent players that would improve our team who could be signed on a precontract

In my opinion it’s the way the club should be going about business, ready and raring to go next pre-season not the wait for the better players towards the end of the summer window pish because it very rarely happens.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-01-2019, 12:42 PM
ofgs stop it

I quite like Hibs.net and it can be useful for other things outside of football but the banter on here can be pathetic.

Posters getting ‘hounded out’ and then reacting on other social media platforms, folk just f****n moaning at each other and the lack of debate make it almost unbearable.

At times the PM board was a filter for some of the dross but it’s like the inability to accept different opinions has turned everyone mental.

Some of the responses sound like they’ve been lifted from an episode of People Just Do Nothing. In this case TheCat is like MC Grindah and we are all awaiting his glorious return!!

SirDavidsNapper
05-01-2019, 12:44 PM
He might be past his best which was tremendous but he is still a technically brilliant player and a fantastic signing for Motherwell.

Was he tremendous? He only has 13 caps for a poor Scotland

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2019, 12:45 PM
I quite like Hibs.net and it can be useful for other things outside of football but the banter on here can be pathetic.

Posters getting ‘hounded out’ and then reacting on other social media platforms, folk just f****n moaning at each other and the lack of debate make it almost unbearable.

At times the PM board was a filter for some of the dross but it’s like the inability to accept different opinions has turned everyone mental.

Some of the responses sound like they’ve been lifted from an episode of People Just Do Nothing. In this case TheCat is like MC Grindah and we are all awaiting his glorious return!!

Is this a new dot net fact, like we missed out on Griffiths because we wouldnt pay £150k? :rolleyes:

HibeeDaz6270
05-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Why don’t we give young Ruari Paton a chance? Scores every week out on loan, only heard good things about him. An in form young hungry striker, worth a punt.

Hes only on loan at Gala Fairydean which is probably a lower level than our development team.

Stuart93
05-01-2019, 12:55 PM
In my opinion it’s the way the club should be going about business, ready and raring to go next pre-season not the wait for the better players towards the end of the summer window pish because it very rarely happens.

I agree, even 2 or 3 players on pre contracts would be a good start. A lot of players who’re running down their contracts are maybe eyeing up a move elsewhere though

calumhibee1
05-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Hes only on loan at Gala Fairydean which is probably a lower level than our development team.

Our development team would probably beat them by a couple id think. That’s not to say Paton isn’t any good, I know nothing about him but it’s not a level that I’d be reading too much into it.

Rocky
05-01-2019, 12:56 PM
I’ve said it before, getting good performances out of the team comes from building relationships. Last year we made great connections between our attack and midfield, this year it hasn’t quite worked yet.

If Lennon doesn’t think some players are pulling their weight while the rest are then it’s his job to weed these individuals out. If that means a rebuild in January then so be it... it worked last year!

We have a great squad of players that all offer something, we are just missing that glue that binds them all together... let’s hope this window provides us with those players.

GGTTH

I agree with that and I wonder if it's purely lack of a settled team due to injuries / international breaks that's the main issue. Lennon seems to think the injuries are due to players being soft, and maybe he's right, but it could also just be a run of bad luck.

The Green Goblin
05-01-2019, 12:58 PM
When does the transfer window “slam shut”?