PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:48 PM
It will take more than 2 friendlies to get him anywhere near match fit after sitting on his arse without kicking a ball in anger for 6 months.

He didn’t play much for Dundee either though.

we are hibs
04-01-2019, 01:54 PM

More than he has for the last 6 months. He didn't shine for Dundee after barely playing for a year before hand. He took a few months to get going under Stubbs when he first signed here. I reckon he needs a good month of competitive games before he is near to his best.i wouldn't be expecting big things from the off if he comes back.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 01:56 PM
When have we ever been in the market of competing with Sevco?

The meltdown by grown men on these boards is embarrassing.

I love Hibs for what they are. It's easy to follow a club with financial muscle, Celtic and Sevco being prime examples in a Scottish context.

It's a darn sight less annoying though.

True. I still have some hope, based on not a lot that Dempster won’t allow it to happen.

I think LD may well be our issue here.

BlackSheep
£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

I don't believe this for a second.... we just cannot afford that amount on a loan.... at our level thats a few players in.

If there is even any truth in the matter, then I would expect that Lennon and Dempster will be down in Manchester cap in hand to get a refund lolololol

The 90+2
More than he has for the last 6 months. He didn't shine for Dundee after barely playing for a year before hand. He took a few months to get going under Stubbs when he first signed here. I reckon he needs a good month of competitive games before he is near to his best.i wouldn't be expecting big things from the off if he comes back.

Get him in shape for next season then 👍

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 01:57 PM
£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

Certainly never in my time.

Should be different? yes. Won't be different? Also yes.

You are at it, there's not a chance on earth we spent this much on a loan player

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Whoooooooosh x 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway
04-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Whoooooooosh x 2

People used to get it.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 02:04 PM
People used to get it.

Apologies if there was a joke there somewhere but didn't see it myself

Oranje39
04-01-2019, 02:06 PM
There is absolutely no chance we spent £5 million on Aygepong. Would be surprised if the deal cost £1 million.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 02:09 PM
There is absolutely no chance we spent £5 million on Aygepong. Would be surprised if the deal cost £1 million.

Could have risen to £5m depending on appearances. Because he’s only managed a few games it’s pretty close to the £1m you quoted which isn’t a bad return tbh.

scotiaf
04-01-2019, 02:10 PM

I’m fairly sure it would not even be 100k :)

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 02:10 PM
People used to get it.

hope you have a big net..you are landing some catch today....

Since90+2
04-01-2019, 02:14 PM

People keep saying this but it's wrong.

Last season Scott Allan had already played 23 games for Dundee up to joining us in January , including 16 in the league which would have been the majority of league games.

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2019, 02:16 PM
I cant even bring myself to quote the posts I have been seeing on this ………… we have spent 5 million quid on Agyepong just has to be the biggest load of utter ***** I have read on this forum in all of the years I've been on it. :faf:

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:18 PM
People keep saying this but it's wrong.

Last season Scott Allan had already played 23 games for Dundee up to joining us in January , including 16 in the league which would have been the majority of league games.

I’ll swap much for well then 👍

Glen Kamara signing pre contract with rangers.

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 02:22 PM
I’ll swap much for well then 👍

Glen Kamara signing pre contract with rangers.

didn't think there was too much between our squad and Rangers earlier this season...but if they add Jones, Kamara, Davis and Defoe..feels like they will have much more depth and quality than us....

tamig
04-01-2019, 02:22 PM
It will take more than 2 friendlies to get him anywhere near match fit after sitting on his arse without kicking a ball in anger for 6 months.

You not think he’s been training rather than sitting on his erse? If Scott Allan signs he’ll be back up to speed after a few games.

Brightside
04-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Why would anyone think that Speedway wasnt taking the piss! :greengrin

BegbieHSC
04-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Bayern Munich/Barcelona or any of the big boys wouldn’t spend £5m on a ****ing loan. I assume someone is trying a ridiculous joke!

Brightside
04-01-2019, 02:24 PM
You not think he’s been training rather than sitting on his erse? If Scott Allan signs he’ll be back up to speed after a few games.

Massive difference between training and getting up to game speed. He's not played for a long time now.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 02:25 PM

Match fitness is completely different though, I go to the gym pretty much every day but I'd probably be blowing out my backside after half an hour during a game of football

tamig
04-01-2019, 02:27 PM
I cant even bring myself to quote the posts I have been seeing on this ………… we have spent 5 million quid on Agyepong just has to be the biggest load of utter ***** I have read on this forum in all of the years I've been on it. :faf:

Are you laughing at the folk that took that comment seriously or have you been similarly whooshed? I can’t believe anyone over the age of 10 was questioning the validity of that comment.

Wakeyhibee
04-01-2019, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Speedway;5653291]£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

£5.80 is a bargain

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2019, 02:29 PM
£5.8m :greengrin I'm amazed so many fell for that, i never thought there were so many gullible folk on here? :faf:

PatHead
Can't believe how many people have fallen for the £5m figure. 😂

tamig
Match fitness is completely different though, I go to the gym pretty much every day but I'd probably be blowing out my backside after half an hour during a game of football

I know. I saw all Scott Allan’s games in his first spell with us. He’d barely played and missed a whole pre-season but he was looking good after a few games. Having him available for an hour in his first few games back would make a huge difference to where we are currently.

BlackSheep
Bayern Munich/Barcelona or any of the big boys wouldn’t spend £5m on a ****ing loan. I assume someone is trying a ridiculous joke!

Falcao's season long loan to Man United cost around £24M, which included his wages and a loan fee.

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Falcao's season long loan to Man United cost around £24M, which included his wages and a loan fee.

and to think....they could have got Agyepong for a 1/5th of that!

J-C
04-01-2019, 02:30 PM
We spent that on Agyepong

Playing for an 8th placed SPL team isn't the big time enough for him?

Marciano - Back to Israel
Porteous - Villa
Boyle - Aberdeen
Horgan - Macclesfield

You do realise Agyepong is a loan player, more than likely full wages being payed by Man City.

BlackSheep
04-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Massive difference between training and getting up to game speed. He's not played for a long time now.

Has he not featured for Celtic at any level this season? Youth or reserves....??

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 02:31 PM
I know. I saw all Scott Allan’s games in his first spell with us. He’d barely played and missed a whole pre-season but he was looking good after a few games. Having him available for an hour in his first few games back would make a huge difference to where we are currently.

I agree but there are plenty of fans who would be moaning that he was only playing an hour here and there while getting fit again

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:34 PM
The people questioning bringing in Allan because he’s not played, who do they expect we will bring in? It’s more than likely players that have been told they can leave their clubs because they aren’t getting a game. That’s our market unfortunately because there is very little players coming to the end of their contracts in January.

J-C
04-01-2019, 02:35 PM

Because he thought MacLaren was gash when he was scoring for fun last season.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:35 PM
I agree but there are plenty of fans who would be moaning that he was only playing an hour here and there while getting fit again

Not if the bigger picture was him signing a long term deal or the alternative was some equally unfit gamble that we’ve never heard of.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Not if the bigger picture was him signing a long term deal or the alternative was some equally unfit gamble that we’ve never heard of.

If you believe that then fair enough, you only have to see the reaction after some games on here to see how quick some fans are to moan, I'm a huge Scott Allan fan though so I'm hoping he is here soon but can't see it

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 02:40 PM
The people questioning bringing in Allan because he’s not played, who do they expect we will bring in? It’s more than likely players that have been told they can leave their clubs because they aren’t getting a game. That’s our market unfortunately because there is very little players coming to the end of their contracts in January.

that's a good point. :aok:

Unseen work
04-01-2019, 02:43 PM
5 million for Agyepong was the most obvious joke I have seen on here, to think people are even falling for that :confused:

Re Allan, he played consistently for Dundee when he was available and recorded quite a few assists in that time. He picked up an injury which kept him out for a little while as he has to get an operation. Came back just before January and made and immediate impact on them again before moving to us.

If we sign Allan, he will be good to go.

He keeps himself in good shape and trains with Celtic daily. Couple of games and his sharpness will be back.

A unfit and not so sharp Scott Allan is still better and more effective than what we have anyway

SMAXXA
04-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Cutting down to the meltdown if Allan deal doesn’t go through this window 🙈

bingo70
04-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Cutting down to the meltdown if Allan deal doesn’t go through this window 🙈

Especially if we don’t sign Gauld, now STV are reporting we’re only at the making an enquiry stage that’s got me worried too.

Starting to look like there’ll be no new players on the flight to Dubai, can’t see Lennon being very happy with that.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Especially if we don’t sign Gauld, now STV are reporting we’re only at the making an enquiry stage that’s got me worried too.

Starting to look like there’ll be no new players on the flight to Dubai, can’t see Lennon being very happy with that.

If Lennon wasn't confident we would have a couple of players signed for Dubai trip he wouldn't if said it
We don't fly out till Mondsy so time yet

The Green Goblin
04-01-2019, 02:54 PM

I hope Lennon is still here at the end of the transfer window...

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:56 PM
If you believe that then fair enough, you only have to see the reaction after some games on here to see how quick some fans are to moan, I'm a huge Scott Allan fan though so I'm hoping he is here soon but can't see it

January is different to sounding out s player all year to sign early in the summer to bring up to speed. I’m happy enough with any success in January and expect mediocrity.

bingo70
04-01-2019, 02:56 PM
If Lennon wasn't confident we would have a couple of players signed for Dubai trip he wouldn't if said it
We don't fly out till Mondsy so time yet

We fly out tomorrow, it was confirmed yesterday.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:59 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1434301-hibs-keen-to-bring-ryan-gauld-back-to-scotland-on-loan/

B.H.F.C
04-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Disappointed that we won’t have anyone in by the time we go. Not surprised though.

With Efe away, Hyndman away, a number of injured players probably being left behind as well as Milligan and MacLaren being away with Australia, it might not be the largest travelling party.

Heisenberg
04-01-2019, 03:00 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1434301-hibs-keen-to-bring-ryan-gauld-back-to-scotland-on-loan/

Not quite as far along as the Sun made it sound.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Not quite as far along as the Sun made it sound.

True but reassuring attempts are being made at least.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 03:02 PM
hope you have a big net..you are landing some catch today....

It's a big (dot)net right enough.

Truly, that is the conundrum I'm working on figuring out myself.

What do you mean 'thought' ?

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Perhaps if you had inserted,with ambition ''before bigger & ''without ambition' before smaller I might have agreed with you.
All the signs I see suggest Hibs settling for comfortable mid table safety with no ambition other than to be there to make up the numbers in a uncompetitive league.I didn't insert that because I believe it to be absolute rubbish.

sauzee=legend
04-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Jordan Mutch to hibs after being released from palace
😉

Ronniekirk
We fly out tomorrow, it was confirmed yesterday.

Ah ok Weve a few hours then to sign those two players
Assume The Club would fly them out on Monday to join up with the Squad though
If it doesn't happen it was iether Lennon trying to put pressure on the board or there has been a hitch in negotaiatikns
Can't see Lenny just having made it up to appease the Fans

Lago
When have we ever been in the market of competing with Sevco?

The meltdown by grown men on these boards is embarrassing.

I love Hibs for what they are. It's easy to follow a club with financial muscle, Celtic and Sevco being prime examples in a Scottish context.

Your obviously a lot younger than I am, so let me assure you that when I started following Hibs no way would they have been happy to be floating around the equivalent of the St. Johnston, Livingston, Hamilton's of this world. You maybe happy with mid table, just, mediocrity I'm not.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 03:05 PM
😉

Not Mutch chance of that one.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Your obviously a lot younger than I am, so let me assure you that when I started following Hibs no way would they have been happy to be floating around the equivalent of the St. Johnston, Livingston, Hamilton's of this world. You maybe happy with mid table, just, mediocrity I'm not.

Spot on mate we're the third biggest club in Scotland.

hhibs
04-01-2019, 03:07 PM

:top marks

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Not Mutch chance of that one.

Cardiff or Bristol City he will be linked with as are all our players or players we seem to be linked with.

bingo70
04-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Ah ok Weve a few hours then to sign those two players
Assume The Club would fly them out on Monday to join up with the Squad though
If it doesn't happen it was iether Lennon trying to put pressure on the board or there has been a hitch in negotaiatikns
Can't see Lenny just having made it up to appease the Fans

I agree.

When there’s the whole of January I think it’s strange that Lennon put pressure on the club to get things done by tomorrow, he’s not daft and will have known what he was doing and imo was done to put pressure on the board to back him.

Diclonius
Cardiff or Bristol City he will be linked with as are all our players or players we seem to be linked with.

Makes a change from Sunderland.

Speedway
Spot on mate we're the third biggest club in Scotland.

Based on what?

bingo70
😉

You saw that tweet from the dodgy agent as well then 😉

SMAXXA

Wait for the Ambrose to Sunderland and Kamberi away there links 😉

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:09 PM
I agree.

When there’s the whole of January I think it’s strange that Lennon put pressure on the club to get things done by tomorrow, he’s not daft and will have known what he was doing and imo was done to put pressure on the board to back him.

Yep, same as the Ambrose “leak” right before the window opened.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Wait for the Ambrose to Sunderland and Kamberi away there links 😉

Forgot about them too 😡

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Based on what?

Based on fan base, Attendances, stadium ect ect.

J-C
04-01-2019, 03:12 PM
😉

Ah but how Mutch?

Speedway
04-01-2019, 03:26 PM

Ok, we have the fourth biggest attendance, the fourth biggest stadium and by fan base, do you mean ST Holders?

Lago
04-01-2019, 03:27 PM
And the history of the club!!

Speedway
04-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Size of club is judged in part by history?

Lago
04-01-2019, 03:32 PM
I didn't insert that because I believe it to be absolute rubbish.

Ok so it's rubbish, what then do you see as being ambition where the current Hibs team/club are concerned, happy with 8th, fighting the odds with Livi, Hamilton, St. Johnston, Killie etc. If so all I can say is easily satisfied you are.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Ok, we have the fourth biggest attendance, the fourth biggest stadium and by fan base, do you mean ST Holders?

This season! Nope a mean in the country as a whole. Imagine even arguing with me on it haha you saying hearts are bigger than us like? I don't think they are.

Connollys11

Exactly bud

Lago
Size of club is judged in part by history?
Sure is!
How do you measure it?

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:34 PM

We have the 3rd highest attendance average, third highest season ticket holders the 3rd best stadium and was the last team outside Celtic to win a national trophy. We shouldn’t be anywhere near a mid table side based on our ability to attract the support when doing well.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Sure is!
How do you measure it?

Canny believe this guy thinks the **** are bigger than us haha

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 03:35 PM
We have the 3rd highest attendance average, third highest season ticket holders the 3rd best stadium and was the last team outside Celtic to win a national trophy. We shouldn’t be anywhere near a mid table side based on our ability to attract the support when doing well.
👏👏👏👏

Libby Hibby
04-01-2019, 03:36 PM

You’re correct but we are.

Are Bournemouth a bigger club than Sunderland? In football terms, they are.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:39 PM
You’re correct but we are.

Are Bournemouth a bigger club than Sunderland? In football terms, they are.

Bournemouth make a lot more money than Sunderland and play on the epl. I don’t see any reason at all any other club in Scotland outside Glasgow can attract players we can’t and why we should be happy behind clubs that spend roughly and make similar to us.

Libby Hibby
04-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Bournemouth make a lot more money than Sunderland and play on the epl. I don’t see any reason at all any other club in Scotland outside Glasgow can attract players we can’t and why we should be happy behind clubs that spend roughly and make similar to us.

Again I agree with you so why should being the 3rd biggest matter by your logic?

Bournemouth v Sunderland is a good anology to show that if a club is run correctly then anything is possible. Regardless of stadium size, number of ST’s and history.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Again I agree with you so why should being the 3rd biggest matter by your logic?

Bournemouth v Sunderland is a good anology to show that if a club is run correctly then anything is possible. Regardless of stadium size, number of ST’s and history.

It doesn’t. My part of the arguement is we are the 3rd biggest club in the country. It also means us as a support although it shouldn’t matter we shouldn’t be anything but disappointed for being middle of the table especially as in recent times it has led to a massive fall in supporters at the ground completely disappointed.

cleanyman
04-01-2019, 03:49 PM
We're not the third biggest and probably not even the fourth biggest

Connollys11

Because our stadium and fan base will attract better players to us more than playing in front of a few hundred fans on an astro.

Connollys11
We're not the third biggest and probably not even the fourth biggest

We're bigger than hearts and the sheep.

Heisenberg
04-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Tam McManus reckons we are very close to signing Gauld. Not sure what kind of records he’s got with transfer news.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2019, 03:54 PM

This season! Nope a mean in the country as a whole. Imagine even arguing with me on it haha you saying hearts are bigger than us like? I don't think they are.

I think you must have some size transference issues, ha, ha.

In reality there is little between Hearts, Hibs and the Sheep in terms of support. However, just in case you haven't noticed, both our rivals have substantially larger turnovers and pay higher wages.

tamig
04-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Because our stadium and fan base will attract better players to us more than playing in front of a few hundred fans on an astro.

Its all about getting an effective unit on the pitch though. I think we have far better individual players than a lot of the teams mentioned earlier. Their players seem to be blended into far more effective teams though. Having better individual players is no guarantee of success on the pitch.

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Really concerns me that we practically need to recruit half a team in the next 4 weeks of this notoriously difficult window...and still there may be more departures in the likes of Maclaren and Kamberi.

Worrying times...never thought this would happen under Dempsters stewardship TBH...it feels like we are back to the Fenlon days again.

There better be some serious quality additions lined up or this season is gonna go from bad to worse

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
Tam McManus reckons we are very close to signing Gauld. Not sure what kind of records he’s got with transfer news.

Last time I remember him being in the know was this time last year with Scotty Allan.

JimboHibs

So we have better a better squad than Aberdeen ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
So what we needing now??

CB to relplace Efe?
McGeouch type CM
Box to Box MF to replace SJM
Winger
Creative MF Gauld/Allan?
Striker.

Never get all of them but that’s what we need, IMO.

tamig
04-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Btw, your obsession with size is almost making you sound jamboesque. Who really cares??

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Very accurate I believe.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 04:00 PM

In reality there is little between Hearts, Hibs and the Sheep in terms of support. However, just in case you haven't noticed, both our rivals have substantially larger turnovers and pay higher wages.

Hearts and Aberdeen have more successful commercial operations. Not sure why, but our board just don’t seem to engage the business community as well as those two.
Give them more cash to spend on players than us though so it’s not unimportant.

Gmack7
04-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Very accurate I believe.

certainly hope so,we could do with some positive news

Wilson
04-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Really concerns me that we practically need to recruit half a team in the next 4 weeks of this notoriously difficult window...and still there may be more departures in the likes of Maclaren and Kamberi.

Worrying times...never thought this would happen under Dempsters stewardship TBH...it feels like we are back to the Fenlon days again.

There better be some serious quality additions lined up or this season is gonna go from bad to worse

I'm sorry but we needed to recruit when we were relegated. Since then we have been heavily dependent on loan signings meaning we've invariably needed to recruit . In fact since LD came in there hasn't been a point where we haven't needed to add quality as a matter of some urgency.

That you never thought this would happen again under LD baffles me.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Quote from KB;

"Scott Allan to the hobbits just saw him get off train at Brunstane pair of boots in his hand heading towards a car with some punter taking him to cooshed at Tranent no doubt"

Utter pish.

Ozyhibby
certainly hope so,we could do with some positive news

Is Gauld on loan positive news? I’m not so sure. 23 year old and still playing 2nd division football is not that encouraging.

The 90+2
Hearts and Aberdeen have more successful commercial operations. Not sure why, but our board just don’t seem to engage the business community as well as those two.

Isn’t it the case they have more benefactors putting money into them that they describe as commercial?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:06 PM
So we have better a better squad than Aberdeen ?

Did a say anything about better squads?

Ozyhibby
Isn’t it the case they have more benefactors putting money into them that they describe as commercial?

Why have our board not been able to attract such income?

Allant1981
Is Gauld on loan positive news? I’m not so sure. 23 year old and still playing 2nd division football is not that encouraging.

Seeing as most are going on about Scott Allan then you could compare them here also, he was struggling to get game time in league 1 in england

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Btw, your obsession with size is almost making you sound jamboesque. Who really cares??

Obsession? We were discussing who was bigger fs. Your obsession with calling folk jambos who dinni agree with you is frightening buddy

Lago
04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Takes pleasure in being identified as a wind up merchant.

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry but we needed to recruit when we were relegated. Since then we have been heavily dependent on loan signings meaning we've invariably needed to recruit . In fact since LD came in there hasn't been a point where we haven't needed to add quality as a matter of some urgency.

That you never thought this would happen again under LD baffles me.Needing to sign half a team in Jan is not good enough and smacks of bad management, recruitment and forward planning imo so no idea why your baffled??

The squad is currently the poorest it's been since we were relegated in 2014

Juniper Greens
04-01-2019, 04:09 PM

Aberdeen have absolutely massive hospitality facilities in their stand behind the goals. They have taken advantage of a lot of wealthy firms up in the NE. For instance, I noted last time I was there that Halliburton, who I think are one of the wealthiest firms in the world, own a couple of the most central boxes. If they get the mix right at their new ground, things could improve in that respect even more so.

Hearts, I believe are currently still on the "we nearly went bust bounce", meaning that any Hearts fan with a decent amount of cash is putting something into the club. I'd be surprised if this went on forever.

So I would say that commercial deals, Aberdeen are well ahead of both of us. Hibs won't be making much less that Hearts in that regard (excluding "donations")

Gmack7

ofcourse it is, he was a real prospect when he left for around 3million, he's still young and should have developed with sporting Lisbon and a couple of loans.he might be here beyond the end of the season,who knows

Connollys11

We're bigger than the sheep and hearts. We need a new board though as we should be paying out far higher wages that these lesser teams. The Petrie era has to come an end we need new direction.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Why have our board not been able to attract such income?

A question for the AGM or the fans reps to ask. It will only get worse when hearts support pay off Budge and it goes right into their club while people in our support who don’t think it will not make much difference refuse to invest into the HSL similarly. That’s for another thread or discussion thoug, probably in the summer when it dawns on us that we can’t compete again.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:11 PM
ofcourse it is, he was a real prospect when he left for around 3million, he's still young and should have developed with sporting Lisbon and a couple of loans.he might be here beyond the end of the season,who knows

He’s on loan at the moment so I’m kind of hoping the reason for a recall would be for a permanent deal. Which would be fantastic news either way though.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Its all about getting an effective unit on the pitch though. I think we have far better individual players than a lot of the teams mentioned earlier. Their players seem to be blended into far more effective teams though. Having better individual players is no guarantee of success on the pitch.

I agree with you there mate. We're a team of individuals this season for some reason.

percy veer
04-01-2019, 04:12 PM

barr last season and the odd season here and there we have been around their level for the last 20 years

Lago
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Spot on & until the board give themselves a shake & engage with the commercial world in a more meaningful way mid table will become the accepted norm.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM
We're bigger than the sheep and hearts. We need a new board though as we should be paying out far higher wages that these lesser teams. The Petrie era has to come an end we need new direction.

So what's yer plan for this to happen...

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:15 PM
So what's yer plan for this to happen...

Attract new investment and get rid of these leaches that are bleeding our club dry. Where's all the Mcginn money went? That should've been invested straight back into the team but it wasn't. It's a disgrace bud. I would personally love us to go on to the stock exchange we would attract all sorts of investors from all over the world.

Jones28
04-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Attract new investment and get rid of these leaches that are bleeding our club dry. Where's all the Mcginn money went? That should've been invested straight back into the team but it wasn't. It's a disgrace bud

Conspiracy theory pish.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Care to say why we're bigger?

Where does the money come from to pay bigger wages than the Sheep, who's turnover was around 40% greater than ours?

The Petrie era ended when we appointed Dempster.

You are spouting nonsense and stirring away. So transparently clueless, but very persistent. It'll not last though:aok:

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Conspiracy theory pish.

You obviously Ken where that money went then so fill us in pal

NthCarolinaHibs
04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Attract new investment and get rid of these leaches that are bleeding our club dry. Where's all the Mcginn money went? That should've been invested straight back into the team but it wasn't. It's a disgrace bud. I would personally love us to go on to the stock exchange we would attract all sorts of investors from all over the world.
No no,I mean yer plans for rounding up a new board...first things first eh 🤔

Libby Hibby
04-01-2019, 04:18 PM
It doesn’t. My part of the arguement is we are the 3rd biggest club in the country. It also means us as a support although it shouldn’t matter we shouldn’t be anything but disappointed for being middle of the table especially as in recent times it has led to a massive fall in supporters at the ground completely disappointed.

So, if we are the 3rd biggest club in the country, why aren’t we sitting 3rd in league? Have the 3rd best history in Scotland? Have the 3rd best average attendance over history? Lose out on signings to other similar sizes clubs?

I think we SHOULD be the 3rd biggest but on very simple terms, we are not. History and current predicament confirms this.

I don’t think we are being run right to be the 3rd best.

Hibernian32
04-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Hit the nail on the head, highest ST bought, biggest budget then chuck SJM money in and the euro run not even a 1/4 of that has been put back into the team

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Care to say why were bigger?

Where does the money come from to pay bigger wages than the Sheep, who's turnover was around 40% greater than ours?

The Petrie era ended when we appointed Dempster.

You are spouting nonsense and stirring away. So transparently clueless, but very persistent. It'll not last though:aok:

When a say bigger I mean in terms of fan base and better stadium ect ect. I'm just giving my opinion sorry I don't have a degree in business economics unlike you're good self. The arrogance is palpable.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-01-2019, 04:20 PM
A transfer thread now being taken over by a debate about who the third biggest Scottish club is... only on .net eh?

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Hit the nail on the head, highest ST bought, biggest budget then chuck SJM money in and the euro run not even a 1/4 of that has been put back into the team

Any chance of a breakdown in those figures please. :aok:

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Exactly pal where's all the st money went as Well fs they've played a blinder these last few years with their add campaigns but they've don't **** all with the money invested. Where's it all went? They canny say the academy as we've brought 10 decent players through in 11 years if your lucky? It's went straight into the tashes pocket no wonder the smug ****s always smiling he's been taking us for a ride for decades.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:23 PM
So, if we are the 3rd biggest club in the country, why aren’t we sitting 3rd in league? Have the 3rd best history in Scotland? Have the 3rd best average attendance over history? Lose out on signings to other similar sizes clubs?

I think we SHOULD be the 3rd biggest but on very simple terms, we are not. History and current predicament confirms this.

I don’t think we are being run right to be the 3rd best.

I agree with you 100% being the third biggest club should at least mean us being right up there but it never materialises over a substained period. I don’t want to go back to the **** days of Calderwood Fenlon etc but if the failure of player we managed to attract in the summer was with record crowds, high playing and biggest overall football budget then when crowds begin to dwindle how do we do so next season?

Hibernian32
I'm no accountant but I'm no dafty either, it can't just be me seeing this also the Simon Murray money also, we as fans are being shafted mate

J-C
Any chance the admin can sort out all the bickering on this thread, either get rid of posts or close the thread, 3 pages of complete ****ing nonsense to trawl through.

madhatter
Any rumours? I get the feeling Hibs are going for the record of the smallest squad for a top flight club...how many senior pros do we have that aren’t on loan, aren’t youngsters in their first breakthrough season and aren’t injury prone/coming to end of career?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Another harvard graduate of business economics has entered the fray I see. The guys just giving his opinion man haha

Leith Green
04-01-2019, 04:25 PM

What a lot of utter ***** .. Lennon was backed pretty heavily in the past few transfer windows , 2 of which were a complete disaster and subsequently needed fixing. Blame the manager for that one and not the board.

WhileTheChief..

You sure about that?

Where you getting the figures from?

I’d imagine that most of it was spent on the team in the summer and then on wages.

Who are the leaches that Connolly is talking about?

Connollys11
Any chance the admin can sort out all the bickering on this thread, either get rid of posts or close the thread, 3 pages of complete ****ing nonsense to trawl through.

It's healthy debate haha calm yer jets ae

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:26 PM
What a lot of utter ***** .. Lennon was backed pretty heavily in the past few transfer windows , 2 of which were a complete disaster and subsequently needed fixing. Blame the manager for that one and not the board.

Backed with what loans? You surely can't mean money haha

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Any rumours? I get the feeling Hibs are going for the record of the smallest squad for a top flight club...how many senior pros do we have that aren’t on loan, aren’t youngsters in their first breakthrough season and aren’t injury prone/coming to end of career?

Haha we are Like ae a team of laddies is happening shortly! The Williamson era is nearly here again

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2019, 04:27 PM

we have 23 on the treatment tables mind

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:28 PM
You sure about that?

I’d imagine that most of it was spent on the team in the summer and then on wages.

Some of it’s obviously been used to be a all expenses paid trip to Dubai with no expense spared under “football budget” 👿

Leith Green
04-01-2019, 04:29 PM
People need to get real here . There is only so much the club can afford to spend , start signing say 1 million pound players and pay them say 15k a week is a great idea to reuse the mcginn money, but then the top earners that are currently with us will start looking for more cash as will other signings . Its not sustainable and terrible business model

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Haha we are Like ae a team of laddies is happening shortly! The Williamson era is nearly here again

Williamson era happened because of the clubs debt not lack of ambition, ambition led us to the Williamson era imo.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:30 PM
You sure about that?

Petrie and farmer. Farmer saved us and I'll be forever grateful but he's not interested in taking our club to the next level and never will be. We need new ownership within the club or we're just going to stagnate. We should name the West stand after him and build a statue but it's time to move on.

mcfly
04-01-2019, 04:30 PM
It’s a bit disappointing we have no new faces in.

We already have a very small squad with plenty injuries and losing efe although not a surprise is awful for us as he’s without doubt player of the season for us so far.

The board need to loosen the purse strings asap as fans can drift away just as quickly as they returned if they are not seeing the quality of player expected and the results remain poor.

Early days in the window but I was hoping we would see players in before the Dubai trip. At least 4-5 needed

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Williamson era happened because of the clubs debt not lack of ambition, ambition led us to the Williamson era imo.

True bud we're heading there none the less

Leith Green
04-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Backed with what loans? You surely can't mean money haha

Mallan , horgan , kamberi were all transfer fees and will be on good money. Milligan is another on good money. Ambrose , stokes , whittaker last season were all signed on good money. Lennon has signed pish with his budget ... Was the budget ***** when we signed mcginn , McGeouch, fyvie , mcgregor , allan etc?

blackpoolhibs
I'm no accountant but I'm no dafty either, it can't just be me seeing this also the Simon Murray money also, we as fans are being shafted mate

Another harvard graduate of business economics has entered the fray I see. The guys just giving his opinion man haha

I have no idea how much we brought in, or how much we spent. i'm no dafty either or a harvard graduate, i asked a question after being told we'd only spent a quarter of what we'd brought in.

I had no idea i could view the ins and outs of this seasons accounts?

NthCarolinaHibs
Petrie and farmer. Farmer saved us and I'll be forever grateful but he's not interested in taking our club to the next level and never will be. We need new ownership within the club or we're just going to stagnate. We should name the West stand after him and build a statue but it's time to move on.

You keep on about new ownership and new board members....what's yer plan Sherlock 🔍

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:33 PM
It’s a bit disappointing we have no new faces in.

We already have a very small squad with plenty injuries and losing efe although not a surprise is awful for us as he’s without doubt player of the season for us so far.

The board need to loosen the purse strings asap as fans can drift away just as quickly as they returned if they are not seeing the quality of player expected and the results remain poor.

Early days in the window but I was hoping we would see players in before the Dubai trip. At least 4-5 needed

This is a board that wouldn't pay 175k for Leigh Griffiths I wouldn't hold your breath pal

Jones28
04-01-2019, 04:33 PM
You obviously Ken where that money went then so fill us in pal

Well, just as an observer:

Financing new MD
Financing of Lennon, Parker etc
Financing mortgage
Paying off debts to STF which are interest free unlike our neighbours over the road
Paying for a new full size indoor training pitch

I guess.

You're suggesting Tom Farmer is taking money out the club and lining his pockets with it. Absolutely ****ing bonkers. We're having a **** season so the conspiracy theorists come out.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Mallan , horgan , kamberi were all transfer fees and will be on good money. Milligan is another on good money. Ambrose , stokes , whittaker last season were all signed on good money. Lennon has signed pish with his budget ... Was the budget ***** when we signed mcginn , McGeouch, fyvie , mcgregor , allan etc?

Fair point.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Financing new MD
Financing mortgage
Paying off debts to STF which are interest free unlike our neighbours over the road

I guess.

You're suggesting Tom Farmer is taking money out the club and lining his pockets with it. Absolutely ****ing bonkers. We're having a **** season so the conspiracy theorists come out.

I thought the mortgage was taken over by Sir Tom?

beensaidbefore
04-01-2019, 04:35 PM
According to this table, we are quite firmly in fifth overall in terms of games played, and won. Sadly our record is closer to Motherwells than hearts or Aberdeen. Quite grim reading tbh. Anything else is whatabouttery really.

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

Jones28
04-01-2019, 04:36 PM
I thought the mortgage was taken over by Sir Tom?

I though he took over the debt?

CropleyWasGod
Exactly pal where's all the st money went as Well fs they've played a blinder these last few years with their add campaigns but they've don't **** all with the money invested. Where's it all went? They canny say the academy as we've brought 10 decent players through in 11 years if your lucky? It's went straight into the tashes pocket no wonder the smug ****s always smiling he's been taking us for a ride for decades.

How much does RP take out of the club?

Connollys11
You keep on about new ownership and new board members....what's yer plan Sherlock 🔍

Fan ownership then float the club on the stock exchange and get investors to invest from all over the world would be my best bet Watson.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:37 PM
How much does RP take out of the club?

Don't know but he certainly puts **** all in

delbert
04-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Financing new MD
Financing mortgage

I guess.

You’re going to be disappointed re the new full size indoor training pitch cos that’s not happening, it’s a half size building so they can work on set plays and to use for training in bad weather.

Hibernian32
04-01-2019, 04:39 PM
I have no inside info so I'm purely speculating, SJM went for 4mil st mirren get a cut say lennon got 2mill, 13500 ST at let's say £300 on average a ST that's just over 4mil, where about have you seen 6m pounds worth of players? That's without taking away big earners wages such as what Mcginn was on and Dylan etc, its a joke

mcfly
04-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Financing new MD
Financing mortgage

I guess.

Maybe we need to invest more in the team or wiser.

Facilities are great etc etc but it’s the first team that fans care about.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Don't know but he certainly puts **** all in

Yet you say he's been taking lots out?

The answer is he takes no salary.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Fan ownership then float the club on the stock exchange and get investors to invest from all over the world would be my best bet Watson.

How's the fan ownership coming along...deary deary me..

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Conspiracy theory pish.I'm.no.conspiracy theorist but where is the McGinn money gone then?? Coz it certainly hasn't been spent on the squad??

Leith Green
04-01-2019, 04:41 PM
I have no inside info so I'm purely speculating, SJM went for 4mil st mirren get a cut say lennon got 2mill, 13500 ST at let's say £300 on average a ST that's just over 4mil, where about have you seen 6m pounds worth of players? That's without taking away big earners wages such as what Mcginn was on and Dylan etc, its a joke

4 million?

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 04:42 PM

What would investors get out of a fan-owned club?

Remember the last time we were a PLC?

madhatter
04-01-2019, 04:43 PM
People need to get real here . There is only so much the club can afford to spend , start signing say 1 million pound players and pay them say 15k a week is a great idea to reuse the mcginn money, but then the top earners that are currently with us will start looking for more cash as will other signings . Its not sustainable and terrible business model

Why are smaller clubs more consistent? We are a yo-yo club, surely everyone can see that? We have more resources than clubs above us and let’s be honest Kilmarnock are doing much better than us with what we’d perceive as worse players. Mind you, they had the Villa youngster on loan, Mulumbu and for the moment still have Jones, O’Donnell.

Something is wrong if we are failing to have quality or quantity. Are we signing a more expensive rubbish player or something?

We can barely put out a starting 11 without loans, injured players and/or youngsters playing. Porteous played with an injury, we’ll end up destroying him if we don’t give him rests. Can’t do that without the board doing something.

Sign young players from lower in Premiership or in the Championship, ones with talent and age on their side. I’d take that over padding out a tiny squad with random loans.

flash
04-01-2019, 04:43 PM
I am losing the will to live reading the last few pages of this dross.
Whilst that might make a few folk on here happy my old mum needs me.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 04:44 PM

How much of the SJM cash have we received?

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2019, 04:45 PM

lets drop that by a full million and start again

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Yet you say he's been taking lots out?

The answer is he takes no salary.

So what's he getting out of it then I'm genuinely interested ?

Juniper Greens
04-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Can someone start a separate finances thread for the troll Connolly. Get back to discussing transfers on this thread

Connollys11
What would investors get out of a fan-owned club?

Remember the last time we were a PLC?

Well sadly not as a wasn't alive then but it would be different this time as we would be fan owned we weren't completely fan owned then.

Lago
:aok:
I'm.no.conspiracy theorist but where is the McGinn money gone then?? Coz it certainly hasn't been spent on the squad??

Winston Ingram
04-01-2019, 04:48 PM

I think he just recognised that the rest of his game was so rotten 😎

we are hibs

Was He? As far as I can remember he was in and out the team and not really standing out until around mid/end of October time when he kicked on. Around the time of the Dundee Utd 3-3 game.

Callum_62
Absolutely ***** thread as common in here recently

U see 30 new updates on tnf thread- all absolute pish about the board etc

Barney McGrew
let’s be honest Kilmarnock are doing much better than us with what we’d perceive as worse players.

They have a manager who has been very successful with the signings he’s brought in, and appears to be able to set up and motivate his players to collectively over achieve consistently.

All of which is missing at ER just now.

However, let’s get back to the transfer speculation shall we? :cb

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Can someone start a separate finances thread for the troll Connolly. Get back to discussing transfers on this thread
Troll? Look me up on Twitter my handles @ggtth3192

Juniper Greens
04-01-2019, 04:52 PM

You can be a troll and still support Hibs. You're trolling the board on this thread, which is far transfer rumours. Start a new thread if you want to do that

Blaster
04-01-2019, 04:52 PM
I'm.no.conspiracy theorist but where is the McGinn money gone then?? Coz it certainly hasn't been spent on the squad??

Do you thinks hibs got all the fee up front. As others have pointed out fees were paid for Horgan and Kamberi as well as Mallan. I’d guess that would be more than the initial payment of the Mcginn transfer fee

madhatter
04-01-2019, 04:54 PM
They have a manager who has been very successful with the signings he’s brought in, and appears to be able to set up and motivate his players to collectively over achieve consistently.

All of which is missing at ER just now.

However, let’s get back to the transfer speculation shall we? :cb

Wish we had some speculation, :tumble:

We should maybe start speculating who we aren’t signing...

Hibernianinc
04-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Perhaps, but you're playing a lot of .net myth cards that are winding folk up.

If you've no transfer news, why not pop off and start a thread titled "Petrie steals from Hibs'. You'll have a blast.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Mcginn will probably make us more money than we got initially in a year or 2 when he moves on

B.H.F.C
04-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Do you thinks hibs got all the fee up front. As others have pointed out fees were paid for Horgan and Kamberi as well as Mallan. I’d guess that would be more than the initial payment of the Mcginn transfer fee

Maybe Preston, Grasshoppers and Barnsley didn’t get their fees up front either though?

On the flip side of what you say, I’d guess more money came in than went out.

Aldo
04-01-2019, 04:57 PM
FFS this is suppose to be the bloody Winter Transfer thread. It’s now turned into a pissing competition.

Can we please keep on subject!

Borderhibbie76
04-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Do you thinks hibs got all the fee up front. As others have pointed out fees were paid for Horgan and Kamberi as well as Mallan. I’d guess that would be more than the initial payment of the Mcginn transfer feeNo I don't but also don't think any of the money was re-invested in squad. Kamberi and Mallan were signed long before McGinn left not sure about Horgan tbh. But when u add in record ST sales and euro run I don't thing recruitment in the summer was good enough. I'm not just asking a question of the Board here neither?? Lennons recruitment has been quite dreadful in all honesty and what he has signed he doesn't seem to be able to gel into an effective unit

Libby Hibby
04-01-2019, 04:58 PM
You can be a troll and still support Hibs. You're trolling the board on this thread, which is far transfer rumours. Start a new thread if you want to do that

I think the 2 go hand in hand.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Well sadly not as a wasn't alive then but it would be different this time as we would be fan owned we weren't completely fan owned then.

And the first question?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Perhaps, but you're playing a lot of .net myth cards that are winding folk up.

If you've no transfer news, why not pop off and start a thread titled "Petrie steals from Hibs'. You'll have a blast.

Can't please everyone I know loads of hibbys on here will agree with me.

Blaster
04-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Maybe Preston, Grasshoppers and Barnsley didn’t get their fees up front either though?

On the flip side of what you say, I’d guess more money came in than went out.

Possibly mate. My point is nobody knows but some folk only talk about the money coming in. The signings all looked good on paper with us getting the two strikers most wanted and what looked initially like we’d signed good midfielders/winger

They have mostly underperformed. Hindsight is great

calumhibee1

Without having any knowledge of how these things work I’d be very surprised if we got such a small percentage of the total McGinn fee upfront that Horgan, Kamberi and Mallan ate it all up and then some.

Connollys11
And the first question?

We'll just leave this discussion for another day mate the old guard aren't best pleased.

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Bournemouth sign some geezer from liverpool for 19 million... :rolleyes:

Blaster
04-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Without having any knowledge of how these things work I’d be very surprised if we got such a small percentage of the total McGinn fee upfront that Horgan, Kamberi and Mallan ate it all up and then some.

I have no knowledge either but I reckon those 3 cost around £500k combined. I’m not sure if the first instalment for Mcginn would be much more after St Mirren got their share but none of us know

Libby Hibby
04-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Possibly mate. My point is nobody knows but some folk only talk about the money coming in. The signings all looked good on paper with us getting the two strikers most wanted and what looked initially like we’d signed good midfielders/winger

They have mostly underperformed. Hindsight is great

Hindsight is great but that doesn’t mean that opinions based on that hindsight are invalid.

The signings haven’t been good but we should have had a few in this week as we know exactly where we need strengthened.

Except we lose our POTY with stories of our front two on the move.

Things are not good at the moment. Hindsight is not telling me that.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 05:08 PM
We'll just leave this discussion for another day mate the old guard aren't best pleased.

You've been asked that question a few times now.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 05:10 PM
So what's he getting out of it then I'm genuinely interested ?

Nothing.

Blaster
Hindsight is great but that doesn’t mean that opinions based on that hindsight are invalid.

The signings haven’t been good but we should have had a few in this week as we know exactly where we need strengthened.

I’m as desperate as you for urgent signings hence why I look at this thread as much! I was just calling out that money has gone out as well as coming in

Hopefully can get back to rumours or indeed a signing or 5 👍

big gogs
you have made a statement that the money went straight into rod petries pocket,have you at any time accused him of stealing the money .

cookin_on_gaz
04-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Genuinely got excited when I saw this thread had almost 200 new replies since I checked a couple of hours ago.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 05:14 PM
You've been asked that question a few times now.

Refuse to say anymore on the matter as it only causes friction. Canny have fellow hibbys on here having mental breakdowns cause someone has a different opinion to their own it's no fair ae.

tamig
04-01-2019, 05:18 PM

How does floating on the stock market tie in with fan ownership? What percentage are we talking and how much is that likely to raise? What if a Mercer type hoovered up all of the stock available on the markets?

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Refuse to say anymore on the matter as it only causes friction. Canny have fellow hibbys on here having mental breakdowns cause someone has a different opinion to their own it's no fair ae.

So is it just your “opinion” that Petrie is pocketing the cash?

Scotty Leither
04-01-2019, 05:25 PM

This is where I'm at. If there's any club in the league needs strengthening right now it's us...not just for obvious reasons of improving the team, but with season-ticket renewals in the offing it's going to be a hard sell it we don't bring in anybody decent.

Thing is though our Board never really seem to surprise us in that regard, and that's what worries me.

So talking about the Board in a thread about transfers is valid, IMO, whether in hindsight or not.

in that vein, I've always been surprised that given Dempster's marketing background that she's never brought in someone with that kind of expertise; as currently our communications with the fans that put money into the club is in serious need of improvement.

Smartie
04-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Cheesy Europop mainly, with a particular interest in 80s Italo-disco.

tamig
04-01-2019, 05:33 PM
This is where I'm at. If there's any club in the league needs strengthening right now it's us...not just for obvious reasons of improving the team, but with season-ticket renewals in the offing it's going to be a hard sell it we don't bring in anybody decent.

Thing is though our Board never really seem to surprise us in that regard, and that's what worries me.

So talking about the Board in a thread about transfers is valid, IMO, whether in hindsight or not.

in that vein, I've always been surprised that given Dempster's marketing background that she's never brought in someone with that kind of expertise; as currently our communications with the fans that put money into the club is in serious need of improvement.

The comms were great in the first couple of years. Some really good use of digital media. It all seems to have dried up in parallel with our fortunes on the pitch. Some big issues behind the scenes it would appear.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 05:35 PM

Financing new MD
Financing mortgage

I guess.

So has the McGinn money all gone?

H18S NX
04-01-2019, 05:38 PM
I am now a calm .netter,thanks to Beefster explaining to me how to put someone on the ignore list,thanks Beefy:aok:

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJohn McGinn is 24 and still playing 2nd division football.

Scotty Leither
04-01-2019, 05:46 PM
The comms were great in the first couple of years. Some really good use of digital media. It all seems to have dried up in parallel with our fortunes on the pitch. Some big issues behind the scenes it would appear.

LD said when she came in that the club would be more predisposed to using social and digital media as it was "cheaper and instant", or something similar.

If I were her I'd put greater emphasis on the club being judged by its deeds right now such as being a bit more dynamic and decisive with transfer comings and goings - like getting a decent signing announced soon!

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 05:50 PM

You have only been on Twitter since December, same time as here, what does that prove?

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 05:51 PM
I am now a calm .netter,thanks to Beefster explaining to me how to put someone on the ignore list,thanks Beefy:aok:

It's pretty good having that option

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Bournemouth sign some geezer from liverpool for 19 million... :rolleyes:

Who Liverpool paid £3m for and he’s scored 1 goal.....

If you need proof that tha money in English football was mental here it is!

JohnM1875
04-01-2019, 05:52 PM
John McGinn is 24 and still playing 2nd division football.

I get your point but McGinn has played more than twice the amount of games, has won two national cups and has been capped by his country.

If we do sign Gauld I obviously hope he's amazing. I'm just not sure how high a standard the Portuguese second division is. didn't he say he preferred the Portuguese leagues as it's a slightly slower pace of game etc? Well, the pace of our league hasn't changed any in the five years he's been away.

Robbo6-2
04-01-2019, 05:52 PM
LD said when she came in that the club would be more predisposed to using social and digital media as it was "cheaper and instant", or something similar.

If I were her I'd put greater emphasis on the club being judged by its deeds right now such as being a bit more dynamic and decisive with transfer comings and goings - like getting a decent signing announced soon!

Tom Zanelli was saying he approached hibs about doing more outside the box and they are not interested.

Very strange

EH54
04-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Tom Zanelli was saying he approached hibs about doing more outside the box and they are not interested.

Very strange

All that stuff seems to have stopped, certainly don't feel as close to the players as championship days. Feel good factor is away now, Strange stuff for sure.

cmcd
04-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Thank goodness I've got to the end . How about Transfer News now ???????

SMAXXA
04-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Very strange

Should have also approached Maclaren 😜

Keith_M
I see Hibs are trying to take Ryan Gauld on loan.

Connollys11
You have only been on Twitter since December, same time as here, what does that prove?

Don't have to prove anything to anyone on here mate been following the hibs all ma days.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 05:57 PM
Don't have to prove anything to anyone on here mate been following the hibs all ma days.

You were the one going on about your twitter, means hee haw

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 05:58 PM

Just read that we are hoping to conclude the deal and have beaten Bristol city to him so fingers crossed

Hermit Crab

Where are you seeing this? Not seen it mentioned at all on here or the PM board.

BegbieHSC
I would be surprised if anyone was announced before Monday.

My mate was telling me that the Hibs media team most of the time only announce a signing after they’ve had notification from HR that a player’s contract/payroll/NI was through the books, just in the event that there are any issues. Also helps guard against leaking from our side of things too.

I wouldnt expect HR to be back till Monday. See Tommy Block as a case study. It’s a professional way of doing things. Obviously it’s different for departures. I wouldn’t be hitting panic stations - we could potentially have a few signings lined up already.

Ozyhibby
John McGinn is 24 and still playing 2nd division football.

The English championship is a richer league the the Portuguese 1st Division. If Gauld were playing in that league I would be less concerned.

brog
04-01-2019, 06:01 PM
No I don't but also don't think any of the money was re-invested in squad. Kamberi and Mallan were signed long before McGinn left not sure about Horgan tbh. But when u add in record ST sales and euro run I don't thing recruitment in the summer was good enough. I'm not just asking a question of the Board here neither?? Lennons recruitment has been quite dreadful in all honesty and what he has signed he doesn't seem to be able to gel into an effective unit

The transfer fees only amount to some of the outlay. The amount paid to free agents can be far more than the fee paid to other clubs. Milligan for one didn't come cheap. There's obviously question marks about the quality of our signings but I think we will have paid out a significant amount in transfer fees, signing on payments & wages.

Scotty Leither
04-01-2019, 06:03 PM

Very strange

I sense the hand of Benchmark PR coming to the fore in our media relations again. If the club are on the lookout for "efficiencies" then scrutinising their input would be near the top of my list.

JohnM1875
04-01-2019, 06:03 PM
I would be surprised if anyone was announced before Monday.

My mate was telling me that the Hibs media team most of the time only announce a signing after they’ve had notification from HR that a player’s contract/payroll/NI was through the books, just in the event that there are any issues. Also helps guard against leaking from our side of things too.

I wouldnt expect HR to be back till Monday. See Tommy Block as a case study. It’s a professional way of doing things. Obviously it’s different for departures. I wouldn’t be hitting panic stations - we could potentially have a few signings lined up already.

I hit panic stations at 12:01 on January 1st!! Couldn't believe we didn't have any signed up already.

Suppose that is the right way of doing things though re: announcing a signing.

J-C
04-01-2019, 06:06 PM

Why do you finish each post with ae?

Jim44
04-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Where are you seeing this? Not seen it mentioned at all on here or the PM board.

I don’t have time to search for it but this was definitely discussed on this forum in the last 24 hours.:agree:

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Lesson 1 in Learn Leith by Linguaphone.

Ae.

JohnM1875
04-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Maybe he's Limmy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein57OSrqoA

J-C
04-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Maybe he's Limmy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein57OSrqoA

Surely then it should be eh?

J-C
04-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Lesson 1 in Learn Leith by Linguaphone.

Ae.

I'm a born and bread Leither and never once spelt EH as AE

tamig
04-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Very strange

Outside the box was a fantastic and entertaining series. Would be great if it came back. Great insight for the fans. Why the hell would the club knock that back? Crazy.

Hermit Crab
This thread is more entertaining than the you tube channel that's uploaded all the Rab C Nesbitt episodes, its close though. :greengrin

JohnM1875
Surely then it should be eh?

That's just semantics though, eh? :wink:

J-C
04-01-2019, 06:15 PM
That's just semantics though, eh? :wink:

🤣 aye

The Modfather
04-01-2019, 06:16 PM
This thread is more entertaining than the you tube channel that's uploaded all the Rab C Nesbitt episodes, its close though. :greengrin

Funny you should say that, I think Connolly’s 11’s posting style is based on Rab C Nesbitt 😀

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 06:16 PM
I though he took over the debt?

Didn’t he make a deal to take over the banks mortgage over us for a one off deal? Something highly beneficial? I don’t think there’s a mortgage to anyone any longer.

FitbaFolkKen
04-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Very strange

I think the difference is going from an employee doing the videos to bringing in a team from outside the club. Obviously the cost multiplies.

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 06:20 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-working-on-loan-deal-for-sporting-lisbon-midfielder-ryan-gauld-1-4851693

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 06:20 PM
I'm a born and bread Leither and never once spelt EH as AE

I didn't say he was any good at it ae?

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 06:22 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-working-on-loan-deal-for-sporting-lisbon-midfielder-ryan-gauld-1-4851693

:greengrin

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 06:25 PM
:greengrin

Ah, sarcasm.

Too subtle for me

:na na:

WoreTheGreen
04-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Funny you should say that, I think Connolly’s 11’s posting style is based on Rab C Nesbitt 😀

Who’s the goalie Billy? Left winger ex Newcastle and Hibs John

Jones28
04-01-2019, 06:31 PM

Financing the wages of high earners, as well as the fees paid for Kamberi, Horgan and Mallan.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Financing the wages of high earners, as well as the fees paid for Kamberi, Horgan and Mallan.

Are you saying the McGinn money is gone?

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Are you saying the McGinn money is gone?

Remember we get it in instalments

tamig
04-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Remember we get it in instalments

I don’t think anybody on here knows the terms of the deal. All guesswork.

Hibee Mac
04-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Outside the box was a fantastic and entertaining series. Would be great if it came back. Great insight for the fans. Why the hell would the club knock that back? Crazy.

I'm sure he said he asked the club if he could come here and do it but they offered him 1 day a week which for obvious reasons he could not take so that's why he moved.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 06:49 PM
I don’t think anybody on here knows the terms of the deal. All guesswork.

We don’t, but most transfers are done this way, can’t see this one being vany different

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:49 PM

How's that 😂? A only post my point of view. Isn't that what this website was set up for? Or is it agree with the oldest posters or yer banned ya jambo troll 😂😂

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 06:51 PM
How's that 😂? A only post my point of view. Isn't that what this website was set up for? Or is it agree with the oldest posters or yer banned ya jambo troll 😂😂

You keep going on about people being banned for not agreeing with posters, has this actually happened?