PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

bingo70
03-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Rangers have approached Killie to notify them they’re going to be speaking to Jordan Jones about signing on a pre-contract agreement. Sure a deal will be agreed to allow him to move in January now.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Rangers have approached Killie to notify them they’re going to be speaking to Jordan Jones about signing on a pre-contract agreement. Sure a deal will be agreed to allow him to move in January now.

Decent signing no surprised he's going there like

silverhibee
03-01-2019, 09:15 PM
So you’re going with the implied view of your namesake as per usual. Kamberi hasn’t hit the heights of last season but I’ve not seen evidence to suggest any downing of tools - as you put it.

Maybe Kamberi is a one season wonder, a bit like stevie May at St Js.

Hibernia&Alba
03-01-2019, 09:16 PM

How much are they going to be paying Defoe? Davis and Adam both said to be in discussions to return there, too.

Are they up to their old tricks again?

Hi Heid Yin
03-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Lennon seemed happy enough sticking by all the “unprofessional” players that got Mowbray the sack when he took over at Celtic?

Lol. You really don't like Neil Lennon, do you?

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Maybe Kamberi is a one season wonder, a bit like stevie May at St Js.

Was thinking that myself mate he's a shadow of the player he was last year.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 09:23 PM
How much are they going to be paying Defoe? Davis and Adam both said to be in discussions to return there, too.

Exactly ae dodgy Dave will be del boying it again like it's the rangers way, cheat to win.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2019, 09:25 PM

They have continued to spend money they don't havenNothing new Thier European rum combined with thier win over Celtic will have emboldened the Board to back Gerard now rather than wait another Season
They will believe he can do better next Season so they are going for it

Haymaker
03-01-2019, 09:26 PM
:hyper

Scotty Leither
03-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Think your being a bit harsh with that radio silence comment. What other clubs are telling all and sundry about their transfer dealings? How are you honestly expecting Hibs to act? A bit of realism required bud.

Point taken pal - but I stand by the essence of the comment, and it's been alluded to by another poster that the amount of time it takes Hibs to get deals over the line and signed verges on the interminable at times - and I know it's only the 3rd of the month, but our need is rather pressing, part driven by recent results, part driven by our last window where we (appeared) to put all our eggs in one basket re the signing of one player, which for one reason or another didn't happen, and it's adversely effected our season since, IMO.

Bar Dempster, the reticence of the Hibs Board in a lot of their dealings; transfers, the way we engage with other clubs, I find really frustrating and I think we're too coy and meek for our own good sometimes, but that's maybe a different argument for a different day.

The realism I want to see from them this window is to realise that the shine of the feel-good factor of the last couple of seasons is begin to wane, and for once I'd like them to take a bit of a calculated punt and make a couple of signings that'll fire the imagination of the fans - and if they did that quickly so much the better.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 09:29 PM
They have continued to spend money they don't havenNothing new Thier European rum combined with thier win over Celtic will have emboldened the Board to back Gerard now rather than wait another Season
They will believe he can do better next Season so they are going for it

Haha it's another throw of the dice like there'll be a melt down in May if they finish 2nd never mind 3rd again! They'll be doing away with the away end next season 😂😂

alihibs1
03-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Jamie Maclarens agent posting a highlight video of him vs Oman. I may be looking too far into it but that seems to me that they are trying to put him in the shop window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
03-01-2019, 09:32 PM
This is just getting embarrassing.

It’s a valid point is it not?? Lennon has went public with his criticism of Kamberi, I’d say that could potentially put future signings off from coming to the club. So prey tell why it’s embarrassing??

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Jamie Maclarens agent posting a highlight video of him vs Oman. I may be looking too far into it but that seems to me that they are trying to put him in the shop window.

Hopefully he's successful

Heckys Wheel
03-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Hopefully he's successful

I can’t see him Being successful with that video!

Smartie
03-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Tommy Block do do doodoo doodoo.

Aldo
03-01-2019, 09:43 PM

I posted earlier that they were in the region of £24 million in debt before the window even opened!

B.H.F.C
03-01-2019, 09:43 PM
‘Closing in’ on Ryan Gauld according to The Sun.

Callum_62
03-01-2019, 09:44 PM

Who, hearts?

Hibernia&Alba
03-01-2019, 09:47 PM
I posted earlier that they were in the region of £24 million in debt before the window even opened!

Aye, as usual with them, nothing adds up.

Aldo
03-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Aye, as usual with them, nothing adds up.

Never has and never will! Defoe and Davis won’t be cheap but that will not stop them

hibsbollah
03-01-2019, 09:48 PM

I hear it too.
He's coming home

bingo70
03-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Is that online? Can’t see it anywhere?

Heisenberg
03-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Is that online? Can’t see it anywhere?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3701882/ryan-gauld-to-hibs-neil-lennon-closing-in-on-a-loan-deal-for-the-ex-dundee-united-kid/

Probably means no Scott Allan but Gauld would be very good.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:00 PM
It won’t load god dammit 😂😂

Gauld based on Dundee Utd form would be exactly what we need please be true.

PatHead
03-01-2019, 10:01 PM
At last a rumour! Hope any other targets are of the same quality.

Vault Boy
03-01-2019, 10:05 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3701882/ryan-gauld-to-hibs-neil-lennon-closing-in-on-a-loan-deal-for-the-ex-dundee-united-kid/

Oh god yes

Diclonius
03-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Would we take Gauld over Allan?

madhatter
03-01-2019, 10:11 PM
It won’t load god dammit 😂😂

Gauld based on Dundee Utd form would be exactly what we need please be true.

Thing I don’t understand is, Lennon says he needs players who can handle the physicality and then goes after Gauld...bit strange. Gauld, Allan, 2 strikers and I’d be fairly content. Much depends on Efe’s situation. Still think we need a physical youthful midfielder who takes pride in tackling, if Bartley and Milligan are out we are too soft in midfield, Gauld and/or Allan won’t fix that.

Heisenberg
03-01-2019, 10:11 PM
I didn’t realise it was 5 or so years ago that Gauld was at Dundee United. Fallen off the face of the earth big time. Optimistically hoping for an 18 month loan to get him properly settled for a while.

Gmack7
03-01-2019, 10:12 PM
not a bad dilema,id rather have both tho

Tornadoes70
:aok:

Here's hoping. A marquee signing that would excite and continue to keep bums on seats.

Brilliant from Lenny and the club if this happens.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SMAXXA

Or maybe both 😉

hopefully dispels the myth that some have that Hibs are doing nothing and will pick up the dregs end of the window. Mclaren May go and I expect at least 4 new players in during this window maybe 5

Radium
Easter Road boss Neil Lennon has been working flat out in a bid to bring Gauld home from Sporting Lisbon, and in the last 24 hours his efforts have intensified after it emerged Bristol City were keen to land him.

Winger Gauld, 23, joined Sporting in a deal worth around £3million in 2014.

He has been farmed out to both Vitoria de Setubal and Aves on loan and is currently at Farense.

Lennon’s men jet out to Dubai at the weekend and he hopes Gauld will hook up with them in the Middle East.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Little bit on Jamie Mac, I don’t think he will be coming back https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-melbourne-city-target-maclaren-to-replace/1v1bujp4yu5ws11k9z35w7blg9

ballengeich
03-01-2019, 10:15 PM

He scored twice on Sunday.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:19 PM
Thing I don’t understand is, Lennon says he needs players who can handle the physicality and then goes after Gauld...bit strange. Gauld, Allan, 2 strikers and I’d be fairly content. Much depends on Efe’s situation. Still think we need a physical youthful midfielder who takes pride in tackling, if Bartley and Milligan are out we are too soft in midfield, Gauld and/or Allan won’t fix that.

I think it will be Allan or Gauld with another in the middle. Gauld on the left Boyle on the right and Allan at the tip of a Diamond would be decent though! We lack Phsyicality up top I think.

HibsGW
03-01-2019, 10:21 PM

Would love for this to be true, looked a brilliant player at Dundee United before he left, the type of signings we seem to have done well with lately. Would hope it wouldn’t change anything regarding the Allan situation as well as I’d think we’d have space for both of them

J-C
03-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Little bit on Jamie Mac, I don’t think he will be coming back https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-melbourne-city-target-maclaren-to-replace/1v1bujp4yu5ws11k9z35w7blg9

Weird that they're pitching a loan offer to us when its us that have him on loan, surely Darmstadt will need to be asked.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Would love for this to be true, looked a brilliant player at Dundee United before he left, the type of signings we seem to have done well with lately. Would hope it wouldn’t change anything regarding the Allan situation as well as I’d think we’d have space for both of them

**** it. If we sign Gauld and Allan and have them playing in the same team this season, I’ll cream ma pants.

Vault Boy
03-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Not that I'd be hugely surprised to see his loan cut short - this article is nonsense. It talks about Melbourne asking us to loan out Maclaren, despite not being his parent club.

James Stephen
03-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Agree - Allan on a perm is more important than Gauld on loan for a few months.

Michael
03-01-2019, 10:25 PM
If its between Allan and Gauld then I'd go for Allan tbh. Gauld could be good, but is a bit of an unknown quantity.

pacoluna
03-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Lol. You really don't like Neil Lennon, do you?

It's every thread, so tedious.

Vault Boy
03-01-2019, 10:26 PM
If its between Allan and Gauld then I'd go for Allan tbh. Gauld could be good, but is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Agreed, although I certainly don't think we'd sign Gauld if it meant no Allan. I'd imagine if we're working on deals for both, they're completely independent of each other.

Tornadoes70
03-01-2019, 10:26 PM
I think it will be Allan or Gauld with another in the middle. Gauld on the left Boyle on the right and Allan at the tip of a Diamond would be decent though! We lack Phsyicality up top I think.

Lawrence Shankland's 6 feet 1 and anyone who can score that amount of goals in the hustle and bustle of that league has to be physically adept. Love to see the lad come to ER but we'll not be the only club looking at him. However, if not him we should be looking at a big and/or strong lad who can hold up the ball and feed in the likes of Shaw etc.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-01-2019, 10:28 PM

Same for me.

we are hibs
03-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Gauld has apparently been playing a bit deeper in recent months so it may not he as black and white as either him or Allan

Aldo
03-01-2019, 10:30 PM

I get this however how match fit is Allan?

By all accounts Gauld is playing regular first team football.

FWIW I’m greedy and would love them both.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Gauld has apparently been playing a bit deeper in recent months so it may not he as black and white as either him or Allan

Never the less he is technically fantastic and a very welcoming development.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Lawrence Shankland's 6 feet 1 and anyone who can score that amount of goals in the hustle and bustle of that league has to be physically adept. Love to see the lad come to ER but we'll not be the only club looking at him. However, if not him we should be looking at a big and/or strong lad who can hold up the ball and feed in the likes of Shaw etc.

We should have went for Shankland this time last year on a pre-contract I fear that ship has sailed but I would be delighted if we did. I still think he will go very far in the game.

Gmack7
03-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Id like to see us sign Cadden on a pre Contract from motherwell. we'd need to pay a development fee but worth the gamble imo

My_Wife_Camille
03-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Really excited about this. Ryan Gauld is probably the finest player that this country has produced since John Collins

James Stephen
03-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Really excited about this. Ryan Gauld is probably the finest player that this country has produced since John Collins

Can think of loads better. One was playing tonight for Liverpool!

bingo70
03-01-2019, 10:42 PM

Am I right in saying the last player we signed from the Portuguese leagues turned out no too bad either?

Without wanting to put too much pressure on the lad, similar players as well.

ballengeich
03-01-2019, 10:44 PM

There are a number of Scots since then who've been playing at a higher standard than the Portuguese second division by the time they were 23.

Heisenberg
03-01-2019, 10:45 PM

This gets folk every time 😂

hibsbollah
03-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Am I right in saying the last player we signed from the Portuguese leagues turned out no too bad either?

Without wanting to put too much pressure on the lad, similar players as well.

Konte?:confused:

bingo70
03-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Was thinking Latapy to be honest but you’ve maybe just ****ed my theory right up.

(We did signs Latapy from Boavista eh? Should maybe have checked before posting that)

The_Horde
03-01-2019, 10:50 PM

Correct. Single handedly got us into Europe.

ballengeich
This gets folk every time 😂

OK I fell for it.

The 90+2

He came from down South did he not?

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Was thinking Latapy to be honest but you’ve maybe just ****ed my theory right up.

(We did signs Latapy from Boavista eh? Should maybe have checked before posting that)

Yes we did and signed Konte from lower English leagues 👍

hibsbollah
03-01-2019, 11:06 PM
He came from down South did he not?

Cambridge but he was at Porto originally. Got us into Europe. Singlehandedly.

My_Wife_Camille
03-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Always though Big Amadeus got a bad rap. Not the best player to pull on the green and white but if it wasn’t for him we would have never made Europe that year

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 11:09 PM

He did. I will never forget him setting up Deano by hitting the post brilliantly at pbs for the win followed by the technical brilliance of lashing the ball home on his arse to equalise at Fir Park. 👍 magician-esq.

bigwheel

Someone (fromhere I suspect) had some fun with his Wiki too [emoji3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Konte

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neil7908
Agree - Allan on a perm is more important than Gauld on loan for a few months.

Definitely. I've seen nothing of Gauld since he left Dundee United so I can't really get excited about him, particularly if we're talking about a short term loan. He may have come on loads since he left Scotland but the fact he's in the Portuguese 2nd division at 23 doesn't look great.

That's not to say he would be a bad signing but I'd take Allan on a permanent basis over Gauld on loan any day of the week.

Both would be fine too though!

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Someone (fromhere I suspect) had some fun with his Wiki too [emoji3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Konte

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genius 😆

neil7908
03-01-2019, 11:11 PM

Article mentions he's a winger. Not sure if that's the Sun talking pish or he's changed position?

MWHIBBIES
03-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Can see the usual end of month race to sign some dross.When was the last time Hibs done that? Not the usual at all.

Keyser Sauzee
03-01-2019, 11:20 PM
I know it’s just a rumour but Gauld has been playing deeper midfield role in past few seasons so him and Allan in the same midfield would be exactly what we need. Trying not to get excited about it until (if) it happens.

Smartie
03-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Ryan Gauld doo doo doodoo doodoo.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 11:23 PM
We need a big presence in the middle as well though we canny just have a midfield of baller hobbits especially against they manky wee huns across the city.

The_Horde
03-01-2019, 11:25 PM
We need a big presence in the middle as well though we canny just have a midfield of baller hobbits especially against they manky wee huns across the city.

People act like Allan is a snowflake who doesn't put himself about. He does.

Folk thought Christie was a snowflake and didn't tackle and didn't want him in the summer. He's proven how tenacious he can be. Gauld could be the same.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 11:33 PM

Folk thought Christie was a snowflake and didn't tackle and didn't want him in the summer. He's proven how tenacious he can be. Gauld could be the same.

No saying he isni Dexter his challenge on rossitter in May was legendary haha a would just prefer him in a free role behind the front 2 that's where he's most effective imo mate

Unseen work
04-01-2019, 01:12 AM
Ryan Gauld was a very good player when he left but I’m a bit sceptical of how good he will be now. I have no doubt he will still be a good player, but I’m not pinning my hopes on him being the saviour of our season.

He has largely only played in the B team over there and a couple of loans with not the most appearances.

Would still need quite a bit more in addition to him.

FilipinoHibs
04-01-2019, 02:56 AM

Remember Allan handing Black off - priceless.

DetroitHibs
04-01-2019, 04:40 AM

Think he put Scott Brown on his arse too.

ian cruise
04-01-2019, 04:50 AM

Word around these parts is both Kamara and Jones have signed pre contracts and the rangers are now looking to discuss moves in Jan with there clubs. Not ITK, just what their fans are saying.

Winston Ingram
04-01-2019, 05:35 AM

Scorrie
04-01-2019, 05:45 AM
Word around these parts is both Kamara and Jones have signed pre contracts and the rangers are now looking to discuss moves in Jan with there clubs. Not ITK, just what their fans are saying.

Today’s Herald saying that Kamara is due his medical at Ibrox today

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 05:53 AM
Today’s Herald saying that Kamara is due his medical at Ibrox today

TheRangers clearly back to the ways of the original club

Jones from Killie and now Kamara from Dundee

Their scouting network is sports scene and anyone who plays well against them

Line up the excuses for Europe next season “poor euro campaign because no competition in Scotland”

CraigHibee
04-01-2019, 05:54 AM
Gauld on loan and Allan pre-contract? unless we can wrangle a deal with the tic

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 06:22 AM
Gauld on loan and Allan pre-contract? unless we can wrangle a deal with the tic

I see room for both of them. It’s not an either or situation

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 06:27 AM

Allan destroyed him that day. Also, Allan is very powerful, he’s far from lightweight.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 06:28 AM
Ryan Gauld doo doo doodoo doodoo.

If he signs then this needs to take off.

HibeeMackenzie
04-01-2019, 06:50 AM
If he signs then this needs to take off.

Naw it really doesn’t

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Naw it really doesn’t

It does :agree:

I could see it being a hit with football fans everywhere. It would put Hibs on the map.

J-C
04-01-2019, 07:26 AM

:faf::woohoo: You caught a few this time haha.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Definitely. I've seen nothing of Gauld since he left Dundee United so I can't really get excited about him, particularly if we're talking about a short term loan. He may have come on loads since he left Scotland but the fact he's in the Portuguese 2nd division at 23 doesn't look great.

That's not to say he would be a bad signing but I'd take Allan on a permanent basis over Gauld on loan any day of the week.

Both would be fine too though!

So can't get excited about gauld due to him playing in Portugal second division but can for a guy who hasn't played all season?

bingo70
04-01-2019, 07:32 AM
:faf::woohoo: You caught a few this time haha.

I still don’t get it 😂

Anyone care to explain the joke please?

Souter96Mac
04-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Would be very happy if we get Gauld in, that would be a positive start to the window. I'd hope we could bring in Allan alongside him, but might not work.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Gauld would be an interesting one. Not often Hibs will sign a guy with a release clause of €60m or whatever it was. Doesn’t seem to have really done much since leaving Scotland though so would be a bit of a gamble. One worth taking though imo.

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 07:49 AM
He did. I will never forget him setting up Deano by hitting the post brilliantly at pbs for the win followed by the technical brilliance of lashing the ball home on his arse to equalise at Fir Park. �� magician-esq.

:agree: It takes a special player to judge the correct angle from a shot off the woodwork and use it deliberately as an assist. Amadou was such a player.

Robbo6-2
04-01-2019, 07:56 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. All the newspapers just now just take each other's stories and run with them.

I thought Bristol City were 'closing in' on him yesterday and the other day Efe had evoked a clause to leave on January 1st...

jeffers
04-01-2019, 07:59 AM
So can't get excited about gauld due to him playing in Portugal second division but can for a guy who hasn't played all season?

Allan clearly won’t be match fit but he’ll still have the ability + there is the potential to sign him on a permanent deal and we’ve all seen what he can do in a Hibs shirt. Gauld certainly was a good player 5 years ago and while he may well have improved technically it’s still more of a gamble than Scott Allan would be imo.

If we get both great, but if Gauld is signed for only a half season loan instead of Allan I’d be very disappointed.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Allan clearly won’t be match fit but he’ll still have the ability + there is the potential to sign him on a permanent deal and we’ve all seen what he can do in a Hibs shirt. Gauld certainly was a good player 5 years ago and while he may well have improved technically it’s still more of a gamble than Scott Allan would be imo.

If we get both great, but if Gauld is signed for only a half season loan instead of Allan I’d be very disappointed.

Agree with this. Gauld is a bit of a gamble but one worth taking (if it’s not at the expense of SA) where as we know Scott Allan is an exceptional footballer who plays his best stuff at Hibs.

itslegaltender
04-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Scott Brown has turned down the Aussies, did he not say he wanted to finish career at the Hibees....?

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Scott Brown has turned down the Aussies, did he not say he wanted to finish career at the Hibees....?

Scott Brown can be filed under Mark Milligan

neil7908
04-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Yes. One I've seen tear up defences in a Hibs Jersey 7 months ago. The other was a very promising young player who I've seen nothing of in 5 years. I'll take the player who has shone recently at Hibs versus the guy who I (and I wage yourself) have barely seen kick a ball in the last half decade.

Match fitness is important but I would say Gauld represents more of a gamble than Allan and having a few more games under his belt this season doesn't change that.

Like I said though I'm not knocking Gauld, if he signs then great but Scott Allan over him any day of the week.

Mr_F
04-01-2019, 08:37 AM

This place is superb.

Wouldn’t take Lee Wallace

Wouldn’t take Scott Brown

Take it you’ve not been subjected to our midfield dynamos this season :faf:

Joe6-2
04-01-2019, 08:39 AM
I still don’t get it 😂

Anyone care to explain the joke please?

I don't either

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 08:43 AM
This place is superb.

Wouldn’t take Lee Wallace

Wouldn’t take Scott Brown

Take it you’ve not been subjected to our midfield dynamos this season :faf:

Scott Brown would be one of our best players. Lee Wallace isn’t really required but he is still a very decent player.

Brightside
04-01-2019, 08:44 AM
I will be delighted if we get Gauld. Fit and ready to play. No matter how good Allan was for us last time he hasn’t kicked a ball since then, so it would be months before we see anything like the player we had.

CapitalGreen
04-01-2019, 08:52 AM
I will be delighted if we get Gauld. Fit and ready to play. No matter how good Allan was for us last time he hasn’t kicked a ball since then, so it would be months before we see anything like the player we had.

If we sign Allan permanently he could potentially be here for 3/4 years.

If we loan Gauld until the end of the season he'll be here for 3/4 months.

We need to reduce the short-termism and start building squad that will improve us over the next few years. One of the main factors in our continued improvement between 2014-2018 was the continuity we had in key positions, meaning we did not need to make wholesale changes every summer when loans ended and players left.

Brightside
04-01-2019, 08:56 AM
If we sign Allan permanently he could potentially be here for 3/4 years.

If we loan Gauld until the end of the season he'll be here for 3/4 months.

We need to reduce the short-termism and start building squad that will improve us over the next few years. One of the main factors in our continued improvement between 2014-2018 was the continuity we had in key positions, meaning we did not need to make wholesale changes every summer when loans ended and players left.

2 big IFs. I’ll still be astonished if we sign Allan.

makaveli1875
04-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Gauld would be some signing . Id imagine he'll be keen to show everyone in Scotland he's still got it .

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Scott Allan coming to Hibs all depends on if Celtic are still in a mood with us over John McGinn

CapitalGreen
04-01-2019, 09:03 AM
2 big IFs. I’ll still be astonished if we sign Allan.

I'll take that as a done deal then.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Scott Allan coming to Hibs all depends on if Celtic are still in a mood with us over John McGinn

It has nothing to do with it.

We can sign Allan on a pre contract without even informing Celtic

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 09:12 AM

He’s not got anything to offer us IMO. Miles past it.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 09:12 AM
It has nothing to do with it.

We can sign Allan on a pre contract without even informing Celtic

But if we want him in January then Celtic have to accept an offer from us.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Yep, but thats not what was said

Souter96Mac
04-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Gauld would be some signing . Id imagine he'll be keen to show everyone in Scotland he's still got it .

Probably the national team as well I'd have thought.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Looked like he achieved that in the 2-0 game.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 09:22 AM

But you're on the January Transfer Window Thread.....

We could sign Allan on a pre and Celtic could let him sit in their squad for the rest of the season if they wanted to

Signing him to play for us the rest of this season would take Celtic to not be in a mood with us over McGinn

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Looked like he achieved that in the 2-0 game.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji2532]

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 09:24 AM

True. I’d wager it was what was meant though.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2019, 09:31 AM

I would be astonished if Allan doesn't move on this window Been bulking up in the gym and doing work to be more agile Wasn't doing this a few months back

Sioux
04-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Quote from KB;

"Scott Allan to the hobbits just saw him get off train at Brunstane pair of boots in his hand heading towards a car with some punter taking him to cooshed at Tranent no doubt"

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Quote from KB;

"Scott Allan to the hobbits just saw him get off train at Brunstane pair of boots in his hand heading towards a car with some punter taking him to cooshed at Tranent no doubt"

You would think typing would be easier with all those extra fingers....

tamig

I think that’s nonsense. Scott Allan hasn’t been sitting on his erse eating Big Macs for 6 months. A couple of games and he’ll be up to speed. When he signed for us first time round he hadn’t played for a while. Didn’t take long for him to gain match sharpness then. Scott Allan every time for me.

cabbageandribs1875
Quote from KB;

that 'cooshed' is ours

neil7908
04-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Quote from KB;

Hahahaha, what better source can you ask for than a bitter Jambo!?

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Quote from KB;

Why would he have his boots? Nobody else will be there as the players are off. Could understand him going to East Mains of course but I doubt he’d be turning up with his boots to kick a ball around on his own. Unless part of the medical is done out on the grass?

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Quote from KB;

I quite like being called Hobbits. Resourceful and successful creatures. Better than vermin or hobos or whatever their latest wordfor us is. Is this a common kB thing?

Heisenberg
04-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Quote from KB;

I’m pretty sure he can drive. No idea why he’d visibly be carrying just a pair of boots. Almost certainly a load of nonesense.

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 09:50 AM
I quite like being called Hobbits. Resourceful and successful creatures. Better than vermin or hobos or whatever their latest wordfor us is. Is this a common kB thing?

Orcs hate hobbits, don't they?

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 09:52 AM
I’m pretty sure he can drive. No idea why he’d visibly be carrying just a pair of boots. Almost certainly a load of nonesense.

Might've left the car if he's heading straight to Dubai?

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Orcs hate hobbits, don't they?

Beat them 3-2 in the Middle Earth cup final I believe, despite Saurons magic hat:greengrin

Tynie01011973
04-01-2019, 09:53 AM

Not quite.

There is also option that Scott and Celtic agree to cancel his contact to get him off wage bill and free up space for any new signing.

davhibby
04-01-2019, 09:54 AM
If we got Allan on a pre contract it would put us in a much better position to get him now. Celtic will be trying to punt him for money, probably more than we want to pay. Getting a pre contract sorted stops that

Springbank

Ha yes, it would fit right into this conversation: https://twitter.com/Ceilidhann/status/1080832931709505536

"You're playing a professional footballer in a movie. You're the talented but misunderstood maverick with an excellent floppy fringe. Things don't work out for you anywhere but Easter Road. When finally you get your move to your spiritual home, the only person who sees you is a bitter follower of your new team's rivals. You can drive but choose not to. You are spotted in Brunstane, carrying only your football boots...."

blackpoolhibs
Cant say i am getting that excited over what was a very promising player 5 or so years ago, who has hardly played in any decent football since.

He might be a good signing, i have no idea, but given the choice i'd rather we signed Allan. If we can get both then fine, its certainly a department of the team that we drastically need to address.

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Might've left the car if he's heading straight to Dubai?

I’d hope he would take more than a pair of boots with him

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 09:56 AM
I think that’s nonsense. Scott Allan hasn’t been sitting on his erse eating Big Macs for 6 months. A couple of games and he’ll be up to speed. When he signed for us first time round he hadn’t played for a while. Didn’t take long for him to gain match sharpness then. Scott Allan every time for me.

He was playing most weeks for Dundee was he not

The_Horde
04-01-2019, 10:02 AM
I’d hope he would take more than a pair of boots with him

My comment was tongue in cheek. Thanks for ruining all fun.

Do you run around telling kids the truth about santa before Christmas too?

SirDavidsNapper
I just saw Jamie Walker getting off train at Haymarket station. Looked like he was carrying a boot bag in one hand and a tin of dubbin in the other hand. Make of that as you will

Diclonius
Ambrose is gone. Official site.

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2019, 10:04 AM
My comment was tongue in cheek. Thanks for ruining all fun.

Do you run around telling kids the truth about santa before Christmas too?

What truth about Santa?

Brightside
04-01-2019, 10:04 AM
So zero money for Efe. That’s going to really impact us!

Jones28
04-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Nooooooo! Efe 😢😢

The_Horde
What truth about Santa?

He doesn't actually eat mince pies. He's vegan.

Diclonius

Thankfully we still have the McGinn and record ST sales money in the bank.

Aldo
04-01-2019, 10:09 AM

Indeed.

I do however feel a bit let down by him given that we have provided him with what he needed to move on.

Yes we knew but the timings etc could have been better.

Off chasing ££

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Extremely disappointed but God bless you Efe and all the best in the future big man

At least it'll free up a big wage to get a player or 2 in

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2019, 10:11 AM
He doesn't actually eat mince pies. He's vegan.

Well someone ate the one I left out for him. Probably Rudolph

we are hibs
04-01-2019, 10:12 AM
We need some entertainers in. Efe was the only bright spark first half of this season and made it enjoyable going to Easter road.

The_Horde
Probably seen what's going on this season and decided to jump before his stock is lowered.

All the best cigar man.

Diclonius
Mentioned on the site that we offered Efe a bumper 3 year deal - let's turn around and offer the exact same deal to Allan then. :aok:

Forza Fred
I'll believe it when I see it. All the newspapers just now just take each other's stories and run with them.

I thought Bristol City were 'closing in' on him yesterday and the other day Efe had evoked a clause to leave on January 1st...

Efe has gone, official advice from club.

BTW...please change your user name......at least try and hide your allegiances.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Terrible news re:Efe but cant begrudge him a move really

My_Wife_Camille
04-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Pish news. Over to you, Hibs

BlackSheep
04-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Why would he have his boots? Nobody else will be there as the players are off. Could understand him going to East Mains of course but I doubt he’d be turning up with his boots to kick a ball around on his own. Unless part of the medical is done out on the grass?

Medical???

bingo70

I’m assuming (hoping) there’ll be good news later today to soften the blow a bit.

MrSmith
So, the trend remains the same ... some away, none in. Only an idiot tries to do the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. Why oh why do our management continue to do this?? My love for fotball is seriously diminishing at a rate of noughts.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Medical???

I just presumed medicals were done indoors hooked up to monitors etc. Could be though!

Hibeesmad
04-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Glen Kamara and Jordan Jones having medical at Rangers today for pre contracts

Callum_62
I wouldve thought we would get someone in first before this news

Terrible start to window - hoping for some
Confirmations soon

calumhibee1
I’m assuming (hoping) there’ll be good news later today to soften the blow a bit.

Likewise. Might just be wishful thinking but I’m hoping we’ve got something up our sleeve to negate the blow of losing Efe a bit.

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2019, 10:21 AM
I just presumed medicals were done indoors hooked up to monitors etc. Could be though!

They basically are. Nobody uses boots for medicals 😂

flash
04-01-2019, 10:21 AM
So, the trend remains the same ... some away, none in. Only an idiot tries to do the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. Why oh why do our management continue to do this?? My love for fotball is seriously diminishing at a rate of noughts.

What are you waffling about?

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2019, 10:23 AM
I wouldve thought we would get someone in first before this news

Terrible start to window - hoping for some
Confirmations soon

Does it matter if our signings come before or after our departures at all?

As long as the players are in place for the next competitive fixture? Although I'd hope we can get past Elgin without signing anyone.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Does it matter if our signings come before or after our departures at all?

As long as the players are in place for the next competitive fixture? Although I'd hope we can get past Elgin without signing anyone.

Presuming were going to mostly be getting guys who haven’t been playing elsewhere then it does matter when we get them in. The longer we take the longer it is before they’re up to speed.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-01-2019, 10:30 AM

Transfer window shut early this year then..🙄

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Presuming were going to mostly be getting guys who haven’t been playing elsewhere then it does matter when we get them in. The longer we take the longer it is before they’re up to speed.

Presuming.

All players are different, some will get up to speed quicker than others. As this is Jan and not the summer, players should be relatively sharp with training and not spending their summer on the beach. Yes, they'll need some match sharpness but I'd think that would be attainable quickly.

We need bodies in, hopefully we can replicate last January's success but I think folk are already antsy about having nobody in. We will bring players in.

truehibernian
04-01-2019, 10:34 AM

Have faith, pretty sure your love will come back after the window shuts.

As for Efe, he was nearly away in summer so it’s something I’m sure the club envisaged might happen. Good luck to him though, great player in the short time with us - hope his new club doesn’t have too steep a fines system for being late mind.

flash
04-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Have faith, pretty sure your love will come back after the window shuts.

As for Efe, he was nearly away in summer so it’s something I’m sure the club envisaged might happen. Good luck to him though, great player in the short time with us - hope his new club doesn’t have too steep a fines system for being late mind.
Or not turning up at all......

tamig
He was playing most weeks for Dundee was he not

Not when he first signed in 2014.

Elephant Stone

Oh here we go

tamig
04-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Indeed.

I do however feel a bit let down by him given that we have provided him with what he needed to move on.

Off chasing ££

Let down by Efe? It was a “marriage of convenience”. We couldn’t have afforded a player of Efe’s talent for 18 months withiut this type of agreement being in place. No issues from me. Excellent servant and best of luck to him in his new adventures.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Oh here we go

Would you disagree that getting them in earlier is preferential to getting them in after the Elgin game as was mentioned in the post I quoted?

Blaster
04-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Would you disagree that getting them in earlier is preferential to getting them in after the Elgin game as was mentioned in the post I quoted?

Elgin game is 2 weeks away. I’d be worried if we don’t have at least 2 in by next weekend but not panicking yet

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Elgin game is 2 weeks away. I’d be worried if we don’t have at least 2 in by next weekend but not panicking yet

Its summer window all over again [emoji33]

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Not when he first signed in 2014.

Sorry yeah I read it wrong, think he had only played a handful of times the season before we signed him

calumhibee1

Neither am I. It was however mentioned in the post I replied to that we could see off Elgin without any signings which is why I mentioned it.

Aldo
Let down by Efe? It was a “marriage of convenience”. We couldn’t have afforded a player of Efe’s talent for 18 months withiut this type of agreement being in place. No issues from me. Excellent servant and best of luck to him in his new adventures.

Could have maybe worded it better and I am aware that it was convenient by thought he may have stayed until the summer.

No gripes as been our best player and irreplaceable imho!

I knew that there was a clause but I do however get to be disappointed at this!

truehibernian

Hibs will have at least 4 new players in before the window shuts and we have more than enough squad wise to take care of Elgin City at home - stop panicking.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Hibs will have at least 4 new players in before the window shuts and we have more than enough squad wise to take care of Elgin City at home - stop panicking.

Who’s panicking? All I said was that getting them in earlier is better than getting them in late in reply to a post that questioned whether it really mattered.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 10:44 AM

I dont think the worry is Elgin as such, more getting the players time to bed in

Our manager wanted some in by tomorrow - lets see if the recruitment team come through

truehibernian
04-01-2019, 10:49 AM
I dont think the worry is Elgin as such, more getting the players time to bed in

Our manager wanted some in by tomorrow - lets see if the recruitment team come through

He wanted one or two prior to going out to Dubai, I think we’ll use the whole window to see what’s available as well as getting in 2/3 targeted players who we’ve been in discussions with.

I think we’ll have a good January window this year.

Elephant Stone
04-01-2019, 10:49 AM

No mate I don't disagree but rest assured Hibs will be trying to get the players we want as soon as is possible and there is nothing to be achieved complaining about how long it takes.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:50 AM
No mate I don't disagree but rest assured Hibs will be trying to get the players we want as soon as is possible and there is nothing to be achieved complaining about how long it takes.

I’m not complaining. I was just disagreeing that it doesn’t really matter whether they’re in early or late in the window.

tamig
04-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Could have maybe worded it better and I am aware that it was convenient by thought he may have stayed until the summer.

No gripes as been our best player and irreplaceable imho!

I knew that there was a clause but I do however get to be disappointed at this!

It is disappointing but we can’t be too hard on the guy. He’s doing what’s right for him and his family and we had the gift of his entertainment these past few seasons. I’ll really miss his backflips 😀

mcfly
04-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Taking out loan players how many permanent players do we have?

We must need in at least 5-6 players.

Hibeesmad
04-01-2019, 10:54 AM
I’d say we need a centre half, three centre midfielders, one winger and one striker, maybe two if MacLaren goes

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Taking out loan players how many permanent players do we have?

We must need in at least 5-6 players.

18 I make it.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 10:56 AM
I’d say we need a centre half, three centre midfielders, one winger and one striker, maybe two if MacLaren goes

I doubt we will sign 6 players this window

Blaster
04-01-2019, 10:58 AM

We might have to depending on the injuries to Boyle and Porteous. Normally I’d say 4 but maybe an extra couple of loans are needed

Hibeesmad
04-01-2019, 10:59 AM

It’s a bit of a stretch, bringing in midfielders is most key I think. Gauld and Allan would be good additions. I fully expect a striker in too

Elephant Stone
04-01-2019, 11:00 AM
I’m not complaining. I was just disagreeing that it doesn’t really matter whether they’re in early or late in the window.

I said 'here we go', as in - I can see where this is going.

J-C
04-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Indeed.

Off chasing ££

We could never have afforded his wages otherwise, good for both parties, we get an experienced internationalist and he gets his visa.

neil7908
04-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Extremely disappointed but God bless you Efe and all the best in the future big man

At least it'll free up a big wage to get a player or 2 in

Yup. I'm gutted he's leaving and us not even getting a nominal fee but presuming he's one of our biggest earners so hoping that wage can be put to good use.

RossScott1991
04-01-2019, 11:14 AM
personally think this season is a write off regardless. Too many injuries, not enough stability. Key players off form.

I'd rather we make 3 perm signings than a bunch of emergency loans so settled for next season. 2018/19 may be just one to forget. 11 points off Kilmarnock who we finished above.

Too big a rebuilding squad to do midway through the season. Could do with some others optimism!

Hibby70
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
personally think this season is a write off regardless. Too many injuries, not enough stability. Key players off form.

I'd rather we make 3 perm signings than a bunch of emergency loans so settled for next season. 2018/19 may be just one to forget. 11 points off Kilmarnock who we finished above.

Too big a rebuilding squad to do midway through the season. Could do with some others optimism!

I also think this season is looking like a bit of a write-off. We might get into the top 6 but not sure we'll be fighting for Europe unless we get some real talent through the door.

bingo70
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM

I think it’s a bit early to be writing the season off just yet but I know what you mean.

Killie are possibly losing Jordan jones, he’s a big player for them, i know he’s not their only good player but that might turn a few of their wins into draws or draws into defeats. (I’m assuming once the pre-contract is agreed they’ll do a deal to get him this window)

flash
04-01-2019, 11:20 AM
No season is a write off until we exit the Scottish Cup.

matty_f
04-01-2019, 11:21 AM
I agree with bingo and flash, too early to be writing the season off, there's still a cup to be won and we're far from being out of the reckoning for to six - and if we make that then we have a chance of Europe.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 11:27 AM

Hopefully the Aussies go for him then and we make some ££

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Ludicrous at this stage of the season but probably correct.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
I agree with bingo and flash, too early to be writing the season off, there's still a cup to be won and we're far from being out of the reckoning for to six - and if we make that then we have a chance of Europe.

Do five places make Europe if Celtic win the Europa league? We could possibly fluke that this season and build for next?

McIntosh
04-01-2019, 11:31 AM
I think it is clear other players will be departing with MacLaren next to go, of the players discussed I would warmly welcome Gunnarsson, Gauld, Allan and Cummings. They would all strengthen the side as it currently constituted.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 11:35 AM

No danger Scott Allan is going to board a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Waverley to Brunstane and sit on the train with a pair of boots in his hand 😂 worst case scenario use a Tesco bag 😂😂😂

makaveli1875
04-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Do five places make Europe if Celtic win the Europa league? We could possibly fluke that this season and build for next?

Theyre lucky to still be in Europa , it would take a few miracles for them to even make the semi finals

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Theyre lucky to still be in Europa , it would take a few miracles for them to even make the semi finals

What’s more likely? Us finishing 4th to make Europe ahead of Aberdeen I. 4th we are ten points behind or them winning the Europa? A good Scottish Cup draw/run is the best we can hope for. With that in mind will the board gamble and push the boat out all things considered?

Since90+2
04-01-2019, 11:53 AM

We are more likely to finish 3rd than Celtic are to win the Europa League.

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Not unexpected but the departure of Efe is still a blow, not so much from a defensive point of view, but nobody in our back line has his ability to carry the ball up the field apart from Hanlon who isn't too bad at it at times. I've already seen rumours about interest in Kamberi and MacLaren from other clubs, but I doubt we would sell Kamberi in this window given our dearth of strikers … I can see us moving MacLaren along to free up some more cash though, because his contribution this season has been zero.

As for the players we are allegedly looking at:

Allan ……. This has dragged on for so long its in the I'll believe it when I see it category, I'm still convinced if the USA rumour has anything to it he will opt for there, especially if any interested clubs are in one of the warmer states. I have nothing to base that theory on apart from if it was me that's what I would do.

Gauld …. He is now at the stage where IMO if he was going to make it at Sporting Lisbon he would have done so by now, even with 18 months left on his contract it looks like his time there is coming to an end. If he does come to us its open to question how much of an impact he will make, I would imagine the Portuguese 2nd division is very different from the Scottish premiership. If Bristol City are interested he will probably go there as its a bigger shop window and if he does well they could afford the transfer fee we almost certainly couldn't.

Shankland … Even without any strong rumours I would imagine he is someone every club is casting an eye over, especially ones with a striking problem like us. This one all depends on Ayr's willingness to sell, which would be far from certain, and if they were our willingness to ante up quarter of a million quid for a player who up until signing for Ayr had been pretty average.

Scott Brown … I haven't read all of this thread, so I'm presuming there's nothing to substantiate talk of him on here apart from folks musings. FWIW I would take him in a heartbeat … even if he isn't the player he was IMO he is exactly the sort of player we are missing in midfield and I don't believe for a second we couldn't get a good season and a half out of him.

With Porteous injured, who knows for how long, McGregor and Hanlon both seemingly becoming more and more injury prone and Milligan seemingly struggling for form its now looking clear we need a centre back as well … unfortunately we are never going to get one of the quality of Ambrose unless we get very very lucky.

So where we are at now is needing a centre half, at least two midfield players, at least one striker and probably a winger seeing as how NL has the one guy who is fit and able to play on the wing and who isn't Boyle playing in midfield all the time. So far in this admittedly brand new window the sum total of our activity has been to lose our best player of the season.

:confused:

Greenworld
04-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Is it just me this is not normal mid season stuff if kamberi and mclaren leave we need half a team signed ..
May as well promote more kids this season and just see how it goes rather than sign dross.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 11:56 AM
What’s more likely? Us finishing 4th to make Europe ahead of Aberdeen I. 4th we are ten points behind or them winning the Europa? A good Scottish Cup draw/run is the best we can hope for. With that in mind will the board gamble and push the boat out all things considered?Hibs are more likely to win the league than Celtic win the Europa.

Arsenal, Napoli, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Salzburg etc would beat them easily.

Golden Bear
04-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Whoever comes in, I hope they are all aware that they'll be expected to play competently in every outfield position. Or else!

:greengrin

Hibs90
04-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Allan pre-contract deal should be done by now. Helps with our bargaining power in getting him in now.

Allowed or not I would have got the terms sorted well before this month, so it was simply a case of him signing the dotted line on Jan 1st. Then announce it. Just all negative vibes coming out the club just now.

Gordy M
04-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Allan pre-contract deal should be done by now. Helps with our bargaining power in getting him in now.

Allowed or not I would have got the terms sorted well before this month, so it was simply a case of him signing the dotted line on Jan 1st. Then announce it. Just all negative vibes coming out the club just now.

And what if SA has said, yeh il talk to Hibs, but i also have other offers i want to look at as well? What do hibs do?

Mr_F
04-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Allan won’t be a Hibs player unless Celtc release him or come to an agreement with him & his contract.

mcfly
04-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Is it just me this is not normal mid season stuff if kamberi and mclaren leave we need half a team signed ..
May as well promote more kids this season and just see how it goes rather than sign dross.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We can’t survive the season on what we have now.

Porteous and boyle could be out for months
We’ve lost efe
Rumours about Maclaren away and us trying to sell Kamberi.

We cannot just promote kids. For crowds of 18000 that is a massive let down.

Bottom 6 is not acceptable and if we don’t get this window right we could be heading there.

H18 SFR
04-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Shankland refusing to play for Ayr tomorrow.

Gmack7
04-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Man utd also going to Dubai,OGS and lenny will be having a chat and we'll get a Man utd player on loan. Yes it's total guesswork

Hibs90
04-01-2019, 12:06 PM
And what if SA has said, yeh il talk to Hibs, but i also have other offers i want to look at as well? What do hibs do?

Then he can bolt if his heart isn't in it.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 12:09 PM

Where you seeing this?

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 12:11 PM

He has injured his achilles apparently

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2019, 12:12 PM
We can’t survive the season on what we have now.

Porteous and boyle could be out for months
We’ve lost efe
Rumours about Maclaren away and us trying to sell Kamberi.

We cannot just promote kids. For crowds of 18000 that is a massive let down.

Bottom 6 is not acceptable and if we don’t get this window right we could be heading there.

There's a rumour going about that Bristol City are interested in Kamberi …. I haven't seen anything to suggest Hibs are actively encouraging interest in him, so I've no idea where 'us trying to sell Kamberi' is coming from.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 12:13 PM
He has injured his achilles apparently

Way more likely we will sign him now.[emoji3]

Sammy7nil
04-01-2019, 12:19 PM
So to sum up

Hyndman - Gone
Effe - Gone
Kamberi - Tracked by Bristol City
McLaren - Wanted by Melbourne
None in

Anymore ?

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 12:20 PM
So to sum up

Hyndman - Gone
Effe - Gone
None in

Anymore ?

If you’re adding in rumours out then surely you need to include Gauld as a rumour in?

H18 SFR
04-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Where you seeing this?

My mate who supports Ayr.

RossScott1991
04-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Our last two summer windows have flopped. It is worrying that this is 2nd January in a row and we are needing a few bodies to ''save'' our season.

January should be a time for strengthening, bolstering the squad on basis of pushing on. Of course it is hard to predict which signings would turn out a success, we all had hopes of Maclaren/Kamberi and I was excited for that.

It has been a weird season, I have no doubt we have some good players at club. The management/recruitment team really need to get their finger out though and start signing players that fit with a philosophy / system.

CB cover
CM
CAM
Winger
Striker

are what we are needing imo, and for a club like Hibs in January this is almost impossible and its unacceptable to be leaving ourselves like this. Don't want to see constant short term loans either as it leaves us in a constant repetitive cycle going into the summer. Loans have their benefits but no more than 3/4 should ever be required imo. 3 already this season could be away (Hyndman, agyepong and maclaren) its too disruptive for these wholesale changes and expecting it always to work. January last year was hugely lucky in some aspects.

What I loved about Stubbs reign was the team spirit and faces in squad were constant. When he first came alot of rebuilding was required, but once it all settled down barring your odd loan the team was mainly ours and everyone knew their role.

Too much chopping and changing and instability this season. Hoping we can put a cup run this season, and we can salvage some of the league campaign to an extent. But I expect better from management team for next season.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Hibs are more likely to win the league than Celtic win the Europa.

Arsenal, Napoli, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Salzburg etc would beat them easily.

It was kind of the point I was making when suggested we could push for Europe, sarcasm isn’t for me sorry.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Thankfully we still have the McGinn and record ST sales money in the bank.

We spent that on Agyepong

Probably seen what's going on this season and decided to jump before his stock is lowered.

All the best cigar man.

Playing for an 8th placed SPL team isn't the big time enough for him?

So to sum up

Hyndman - Gone
Effe - Gone
None in

Anymore ?

Marciano - Back to Israel
Porteous - Villa
Boyle - Aberdeen
Horgan - Macclesfield

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Porteous - Villa
Boyle - Aberdeen
Horgan - Macclesfield

Where are you seeing the rumours at the bottom?

flash
04-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Where are you seeing the rumours at the bottom?

He isn't.

Lago
04-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Effe leaves Hibs, Defoe joins the Rangers, kind of sums all up for me.

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 12:55 PM

this is how it feels to be Hibees....

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Bigger club signs good player, smaller club loses one. Unsurprising really.

allmodcons
04-01-2019, 01:03 PM

If only it was as easy as that.

Lago
04-01-2019, 01:04 PM
this is how it feels to be Hibees....

Depressing isn't it? If the rumour that Hibs will let Kamberi go is true that would be a problem for me after 40 years supporting the club.:confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 01:05 PM
I’d be less gutted if my wife left

Lago
04-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Bigger club signs good player, smaller club loses one. Unsurprising really.

Perhaps if you had inserted,with ambition ''before bigger & ''without ambition' before smaller I might have agreed with you.
All the signs I see suggest Hibs settling for comfortable mid table safety with no ambition other than to be there to make up the numbers in a uncompetitive league.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Perhaps if you had inserted,with ambition ''Leith before bigger & ''without ambition' before smaller I might have agreed with you.
All the signs I see suggest Hibs settling for comfortable mid table safety with no ambition other than to be there to make up the numbers in a uncompetitive league.

But when was it different to this, both club and support alike?

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2019, 01:18 PM
This place is mental :greengrin

Winston Ingram
04-01-2019, 01:19 PM

Porteous - Villa
Boyle - Aberdeen
Horgan - Macclesfield

We spent about £5m on Agyepong?

allmodcons
Perhaps if you had inserted,with ambition ''before bigger & ''without ambition' before smaller I might have agreed with you.

When have we ever been in the market of competing with Sevco?

The meltdown by grown men on these boards is embarrassing.

I love Hibs for what they are. It's easy to follow a club with financial muscle, Celtic and Sevco being prime examples in a Scottish context.

DarlingtonHibee

So he's going to take a quarter of his wages

Ffs...

Tornadoes70
This place is mental :greengrin

:rolleyes:

Crawling even.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Lago
04-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Probably never, just seemed better when I was younger & watching the Tornadoes in their pomp, felt like a completion that they might, just might win. Not now.
And so in my later years my eyes turn more to the TV screen & the offering from other leagues where up sets still happen.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:33 PM

It should be different now that the club as a whole should be able to see the potential on the back of winning the cup and two very good seasons. Surely they won’t be settling for mid table ****?

badabing67
04-01-2019, 01:35 PM

I don't think that is possible to approach another clubs player without speaking to the club first. We would only be able to approach Scottie when the window opened

alihibs1
04-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Scott Allan certainly working very hard on his Instagram story in the gym. Looks pretty fit to me.

Get him in now, play him in the two friendlies and he’ll be close to match fit.

we are hibs
04-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Scott Allan certainly working very hard on his Instagram story in the gym. Looks pretty fit to me.

Get him in now, play him in the two friendlies and he’ll be close to match fit.

It will take more than 2 friendlies to get him anywhere near match fit after sitting on his arse without kicking a ball in anger for 6 months.

Speedway
04-01-2019, 01:47 PM
We spent about £5m on Agyepong?

£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

Probably never, just seemed better when I was younger & watching the Tornadoes in their pomp, felt like a completion that they might, just might win. Not now.
And so in my later years my eyes turn more to the TV screen & the offering from other leagues where up sets still happen.

Certainly never in my time.

It should be different now that the club as a whole should be able to see the potential on the back of winning the cup and two very good seasons. Surely they won’t be settling for mid table ****?

Should be different? yes. Won't be different? Also yes.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:48 PM
£5.8 is the unconfirmed figure.

Certainly never in my time.

Should be different? yes. Won't be different? Also yes.

True. I still have some hope, based on not a lot that Dempster won’t allow it to happen.