PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

theonlywayisup
01-01-2019, 12:50 PM
That's now Harry and Hyndman out confirmed. First post needs updated.

As the initial one seems to have gone already, let's kick off the build-up to the January transfer window. A notoriously difficult time of year to buy in quality, we'll go in surely needing extra firepower up front and more steel in midfield.

Also - if this thread descends like last time into bickering between posters about who's inside info is pish or not, I'll close this thread. If you're unhappy because someone's confidental info (of which they were under no obligation to share with you) didn't come true, tough. Get over it.

Confirmed in
None

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (2.5 years)

Confirmed out
None

Rumoured in
Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
Tommy Block (midfielder, Bognor Regis Town)
Jason Cummings (striker, Nottingham Forest)
Tom Eaves (striker, Gillingham)
Adil Nabi (midfielder, Dundee)
Kosovar Sadiki (centre back, Lokomotiva)
Graeme Shinnie (midfielder, Aberdeen)

Rumoured new contracts
Thomas Agyepong (loan extension)
Emerson Hyndman (loan extension)

Rumoured out
Ryan Porteous (Aston Villa)

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Cheers. I now have to persuade one of my kids to show me how to work Twitter 👴🏻
That will be a Christmas miracle ✨

Wouldn't worry. Any info he claims to have be will be posted on here within seconds anyway.

Brightside
01-01-2019, 01:02 PM
We can’t afford Shanks

Souter96Mac
01-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Lennon wants to bring a young center midfielder from Chelsea in on loan .

Quick look on Transfermarkt, they have Billy Gilmour but he's 17,not sure if he's what we would need. Charlie Colkett 22 Yr old centre midfielder who's been on loan to a couple clubs in England, could be him but needle in a haystack type of stuff.

Stuart93
01-01-2019, 01:04 PM

💤

Hermit Crab
01-01-2019, 01:06 PM
We can’t afford Shanks

We cant afford a player who is playing a league below us and is out of contract in the summer? Going to e a really 5hit window this!

Billy Whizz
01-01-2019, 01:08 PM
We cant afford a player who is playing a league below us and is out of contract in the summer? Going to e a really 5hit window this!

Maybe can’t afford what other clubs are bidding for him. If it’s Swansea, they’ve got a premier league parachute payment of millions to play with

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Any news on Agyepong? I am expecting his loan being terminated.

It’s a case of booking an ambulance to take him back to Manchester I would imagine. :greengrin

I hope he stays. He played a lot in Holland on loan so his current run of injuries is hopefully just bad luck rather than him being naturally injury prone. From the few glimpses we've had of him I would say that there's a pretty good player in there who would give any defence in Scotland a tough time on his day.

Unseen work
01-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Don’t want Shankland

GloryGlory
01-01-2019, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5649752]Chelsea probably have about 30 players that fit that description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Only 30? :greengrin

That's nearly as many as the Yams!

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Maybe can’t afford what other clubs are bidding for him. If it’s Swansea, they’ve got a premier league parachute payment of millions to play with

He is out of contract in the summer so not going to be going for a lot of money, wages might be an issue

J-C
01-01-2019, 01:21 PM
I hope he stays. He played a lot in Holland on loan so his current run of injuries is hopefully just bad luck rather than him being naturally injury prone. From the few glimpses we've had of him I would say that there's a pretty good player in there who would give any defence in Scotland a tough time on his day.

Agyepong played 13 games last season for NAC Breda, he's injury prone and will always struggle to play half a season. only 16-17 season was decent with 32 games but only 14 games the season before.

Winston Ingram
01-01-2019, 01:22 PM

Billy Gilmour i’d imagine.

My_Wife_Camille
01-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Don’t want Shankland
Respect your opinion but can I ask why? Shankland is, for me, exactly the kind of player we should be taking a gamble on.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Billy Gilmour i’d imagine.

Be surprised if it was BG. Said he went to Chelsea rather than stay at Rangers, as he felt it would be too physical at his age to play in our top division

Keyser Sauzee
01-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Are u surprised we are being outpriced on wages for a player that’s in demand from teams in the championship south of the border??

alihibs1
01-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Agent Hibs on twitter saying that Hibs were paying Hyndman 6k a week plus accommodation.

This guy is usually very reliable but that is crazy if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:29 PM
He'll never make it at Bournemouth

Exeter or some **** for the rest of his career or back to the US.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:30 PM

The return of Feruz!

Michael
01-01-2019, 01:32 PM

Unfortunately players who score goals are in high demand.

Michael
01-01-2019, 01:34 PM
The return of Feruz!

Wow...still on the books are Chelsea. Must be the worst value for money player ever.

FitbaFolkKen
01-01-2019, 01:34 PM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17328211.cardiff-city-manager-neil-warnock-says-he-is-interested-in-signing-dundee-midfielder-glen-kamara/

Warnock saying he has looked at a number of Scottish players which may include Efe and Ryan? Worrying thing for our transfer targets is if Cardiff are in for Kamara then we have no chance.

brog
01-01-2019, 01:35 PM

There's plenty interest from richer clubs than us & promotion is also worth a fortune to Ayr. To sign someone like Shankland we really need to get in early before he comes to everyone's attention. If we do that however Hibs Net will go haywire asking why we're signing an unproven lower league player! Every signing is a gamble, Stockley couldn't trap a medecine ball at the Sheep, now he's worth £750k, crazy!

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 01:43 PM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17328211.cardiff-city-manager-neil-warnock-says-he-is-interested-in-signing-dundee-midfielder-glen-kamara/

Warnock saying he has looked at a number of Scottish players which may include Efe and Ryan? Worrying thing for our transfer targets is if Cardiff are in for Kamara then we have no chance.

It’s annoying that a bit of money spent in the summer would have got Kamara and we’d have been sitting on a valueable asset rather than watching Mark Milligan top up the pension.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Wow...still on the books are Chelsea. Must be the worst value for money player ever.

His agent is a genius!

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 01:44 PM
There's plenty interest from richer clubs than us & promotion is also worth a fortune to Ayr. To sign someone like Shankland we really need to get in early before he comes to everyone's attention. If we do that however Hibs Net will go haywire asking why we're signing an unproven lower league player! Every signing is a gamble, Stockley couldn't trap a medecine ball at the Sheep, now he's worth £750k, crazy!

There were plenty on here in the summer saying we should be going for Shankland. Would have meant spending a little bit of money though.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:45 PM
We need a striker now. Shankland won’t be sold to us unless we loan him back for the rest of the season and would prefer to sell to a Swansea for the likes of that.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:45 PM
There were plenty on here in the summer saying we should be going for Shankland. Would have meant spending a little bit of money though.

We could have signed on a pca right up until April I think.

silverhibee
01-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Agent Hibs on twitter saying that Hibs were paying Hyndman 6k a week plus accommodation.

No chance are we paying anything like that to bring a loan player in.

matty_f
01-01-2019, 02:00 PM

When you say "very reliable" do you mean "almost always wrong"?

Jones28
01-01-2019, 02:03 PM

That is ludicrous.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 02:03 PM

😂

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 02:04 PM
That is ludicrous.

It is, but I’ve no doubt we paid over the odds for him panicking when McGinn left. So much for being patient in the summer because the best become available towards the end.

chippy
01-01-2019, 02:10 PM
It is, but I’ve no doubt we paid over the odds for him panicking when McGinn left. So much for being patient in the summer because the best become available towards the end.
Makes sense I’m guessing that was the money earmarked for Scott Allan and the board wouldn’t shell out for him as well. Biscuit tin mentality taking chances on unproven players again

Souter96Mac
01-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Would be surprised if Hyndman is even on 6k at Bournemouth.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Would be surprised if Hyndman is even on 6k at Bournemouth.

Sure i read he is on about 16k per week

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Nice plug for his page though.

theonlywayisup
01-01-2019, 02:55 PM
The return of Feruz!

Was Lennon at Celtic when Feruz was there as a kid?

Speedway
01-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Has anyone actually watched Shankland play or just looked at this seasons stats?

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2019, 02:58 PM
il fattorino è alle porte...

Zazu62
01-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Has anyone actually watched Shankland play or just looked at this seasons stats?

Have you?

CMurdoch
01-01-2019, 03:00 PM

He will have to start failing before we can get him.
Appears to be enjoying it.

bingo70
01-01-2019, 03:01 PM

The bell hop is at the door?

He any good?

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 03:01 PM

Played well v Dundee Utd recently on tv.
Scores all sorts of goals as well.
https://youtu.be/cRVb4LvBPbY

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 03:13 PM

Gonnae no dae that!

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 03:15 PM

Nothing to do with just this season. The boy was the most highly rated youngest youngster at QP that had Robertson and others. Since then he’s been great bar Aberdeen and a loan move. The boy has now beefed up and has all the talent in the world!

Diclonius
01-01-2019, 03:15 PM
List now updated.

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2019, 03:25 PM
He will have to start failing before we can get him.
Appears to be enjoying it.

Only 7 appearances since his move to Hallas since Bari went bust.

Haymaker
01-01-2019, 03:30 PM

Yes.

My_Wife_Camille
01-01-2019, 03:36 PM
I make it to be about 14 since the summer with 2 goals and 4 assists

Keyser Sauzee
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Yep, he’s doing well there. Wikipedia doesn’t tell the full story

CMurdoch
01-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Obviously more romantic playing in Italy than Scotland.
Both Verona teams use the same massive stadium but both attract less support than Hibs despite Chievo playing in the top league.
Hallas currently 4th in Serie B at the half way stage of the season. Will likely end up in the promotion play offs.

brog

Sure, but that was after he'd attracted a lot of attention by scoring almost a goal a game the previous season.

hibbyfraelibby

I believe he only started 7 accept he has made 14 appearances.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2019, 03:59 PM
I know he is linked with them but Charlie Adam would be be a great signing for us.

Keyser Sauzee
01-01-2019, 04:00 PM
I know he is linked with them but Charlie Adam would be be a great signing for us.

Why? We’re missing drive and legs in the middle of the park, Adam would offer neither.

Speedway
01-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Have you?

Yes. Hence the question.

bingo70
01-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Disagree, not what we need at all imo.

I think we really lack tenacity, energy and a box to box midfielder, not an overweight but good passer of the ball.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2019, 04:22 PM
I think he does drive forward with the ball and gets a bad press. He’d be our best midfielder if he was to sign right now.

He would do well in our league.

And you know if he signs for them, he’ll score a worldy against us.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Disagree, not what we need at all imo.

I think we really lack tenacity, energy and a box to box midfielder, not an overweight but good passer of the ball.

We lack someone in midfield who doesn’t **** themselves with ball to feet and can pick a pass. He would be a fantastic signing in the Dylan role.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 06:44 PM
We lack someone in midfield who doesn’t **** themselves with ball to feet and can pick a pass. He would be a fantastic signing in the Dylan role.

Just as slow as Milligan now. I wouldn’t bother.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 06:57 PM

That’s what people said me included about Naismith this time last year. His experience and composure as well as being able to ping the ball would be a great asset. Can’t see it under Lennon though.

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 06:59 PM

With 10x the ability.

where'stheslope
01-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Chalie Adam and Neil Lennon, all I can see is a clash of personalities!!!!

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 07:05 PM
With 10x the ability.

Hard to say what ability he has these days. When did he last play?

heretoday
01-01-2019, 07:20 PM

No way will it happen.

hibsbollah
01-01-2019, 07:36 PM

:agree: Meghan and Kate written all over it. Cue Charlie Adams dad in a drink fuelled YouTube meltdown and being excluded from the nuptials.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2019, 07:48 PM
:agree: Meghan and Kate written all over it. Cue Charlie Adams dad in a drink fuelled YouTube meltdown and being excluded from the nuptials.

Is his dad not dead?

WoreTheGreen
01-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Is his dad not dead?

Suicide last year

The Green Goblin
01-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Suicide last year

Wow. I didn’t know that. Awful for anyone to go through.

hibsbollah
01-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Is his dad not dead?

I did not know that. Obviously suicide is not something id joke about, sorry if offense was caused.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 08:18 PM
I did not know that. Obviously suicide is not something id joke about, sorry if offense was caused.

Yeah it was an innocent remark based on Harrys wifes old man 👍

jacomo
02-01-2019, 09:45 AM
It’s annoying that a bit of money spent in the summer would have got Kamara and we’d have been sitting on a valueable asset rather than watching Mark Milligan top up the pension.

You don’t know that.

Yes, our summer signings haven’t done as well as hoped, but simply saying ‘£1m and Kamara was ours’ doesn’t make it true.

Agreeing a transfer fee is just the start. The guy might be hoping for a huge pay rise this year.

JimBHibees
02-01-2019, 11:11 AM
You don’t know that.

Yes, our summer signings haven’t done as well as hoped, but simply saying ‘£1m and Kamara was ours’ doesn’t make it true.

Agreeing a transfer fee is just the start. The guy might be hoping for a huge pay rise this year.

Can you imagine the furore on here if we had spent loads on Kamara in the summer and he had done as little as he has for Dundee in the meantime. He would be getting called all sorts.

500miles
02-01-2019, 11:14 AM
You don’t know that.

I'm very surprised he is getting looked at by Cardiff given his finish to last season and his start to this one.

weecounty hibby
02-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Can you imagine the furore on here if we had spent loads on Kamara in the summer and he had done as little as he has for Dundee in the meantime. He would be getting called all sorts.

But this is .net and certain folk talk utter garbage. He has looked bang average for probably a year now. He is being subbed off by the team who are rooted to the bottom of the league, he's not even standing out for them and in the game at ER recently I thought McGowan looked better than him. He is no better than we have at the moment. And if we had spent big on him I would have been very disappointed.

JimBHibees
02-01-2019, 11:27 AM
But this is .net and certain folk talk utter garbage. He has looked bang average for probably a year now. He is being subbed off by the team who are rooted to the bottom of the league, he's not even standing out for them and in the game at ER recently I thought McGowan looked better than him. He is no better than we have at the moment. And if we had spent big on him I would have been very disappointed.

Totally agree with all of that.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Why pay money for a poor imitation when we already have the real deal in Marvin Bartley?

We also have Milligan that can play that role but I prefer Bartley

All the above imho

lumbo_hfc
02-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Why pay money for a poor imitation when we already have the real deal in Marvin Bartley?

All the above imho

You’re honestly comparing Marvin Bartley and Kamara? **** me, this place is bonkers!

lumbo_hfc
02-01-2019, 11:35 AM
The recent game at Easter Road, Kamara was a standout. Would be a great addition to our side. Or are you quite content with players at the level of barley and mallan

Smartie
02-01-2019, 11:38 AM
The recent game at Easter Road, Kamara was a standout. Would be a great addition to our side. Or are you quite content with players at the level of barley and mallan

That's what I thought.

It was one of those games where you saw a player and that "he's exactly what we're crying out for".

The last time I remember thinking that was a Boxing Day game at Killie, where Colin Nish had a stormer.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 11:49 AM
You’re honestly comparing Marvin Bartley and Kamara? **** me, this place is bonkers!
To be fair, they are both black guys who play in midfield which makes them basically like for like on here.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Dundee 0 v 3 HIBS

Kamara posted missing

Did not attend recent home game versus Dundee but will accept your word Kamara was outstanding

Please bear in mind you are talking about a player who is struggling to get a game for a struggling Dundee side and got hooked at the weekend in yet another home defeat

Looks to me as if we dodged a bullet there and would not be worth 1m of my dough or LDs

The Green Goblin
02-01-2019, 11:58 AM
To be fair, they are both black guys who play in midfield which makes them basically like for like on here.

Even by your standards, that’s a needlessly low dig at the people who post on here.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 11:59 AM

I know the point you're making, but it might just be possible that the poster in question thinks they're similar players as well, you know.

weecounty hibby
02-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Marvin has never let Hibs down. Mallan is a young guy who will get better I think. Pretty sure they didn't cost us much. Some folk are suggesting we should have paid £1m for a guy who is not even playing well for the worst team in the league. If we do buy I want them to be better than we have and I just don't see that in Kamara. But why should I have an opinion, I'll just let the resident half dozen or so experts on here tell me who I should think is a good player or not.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 12:00 PM
I know the point you're making, but it might just be possible that the poster in question thinks they're similar players as well, you know.
You’re right, it is possible

weecounty hibby
02-01-2019, 12:01 PM
You’re right, it is possible

Probably more likely than anything you may be trying to suggest I would think

flash
02-01-2019, 12:02 PM

What other point do you mean?

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:06 PM
What other point do you mean?

That people are making lazy racist comparisons.

flash
02-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Which is an outrageous thing to suggest.

Shrekko
02-01-2019, 12:10 PM

It is. The problem we’re having in society at the moment is not only the rise of racism but the rise in people also seeing things that aren’t there which compounds matters.

No fan -NO FAN, thinks Bartley and Kamara are similar players.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 12:10 PM

The poster in question sees Marvin Bartley as a player that has never let us down gets stuck in wins the ball back and gives it to those players that can do something with it i.e. McGeouch and McGinn back in the day

I have never seen that from Kamara in all the times I have watched him he brings nothing to the table

I have already stated that I did not attend the last home game versus Dundee

I am not as convinced by Kamara as other respected posters on here seem to be

I respect their opinions but as far as Kamara is concerned it is a no from me especially if there is a fee involved

Marvin Bartley is a very much underrated player and we were crying out for him Saturday evening and I do not think Kamara would have made a difference as we had too many players hiding as it was :greengrin

weecounty hibby
02-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Wow, that is a real leap there and a pretty shocking accusation. This place is getting worse and surely we don't need guys who are normally decent posters and an admin making up crap like that. So if we compare a black player with another black player then it is lazy casual racism. Absolute nonsense and you should be apologising to the poster for saying that in my opinion

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Wow, that is a real leap there and a pretty shocking accusation. This place is getting worse and surely we don't need guys who are normally decent posters and an admin making up crap like that. So if we compare a black player with another black player then it is lazy casual racism. Absolute nonsense and you should be apologising to the poster for saying that in my opinion

I think you've misinterpreted my post, which was to say that the comparison want necessarily a racist one. I was defending you.

weecounty hibby
02-01-2019, 12:14 PM
I think you've misinterpreted my post, which was to say that the comparison want necessarily a racist one. I was defending you.

It wasn't me that compared them. I don't see anyone who was making lazy racial stereotypes but I did see one who was trying to make an issue out of one that wasn't there. And he/she has previous for it!

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 12:20 PM

All the above imho

The poster in question sees Marvin Bartley as a player that has never let us down gets stuck in wins the ball back and gives it to those players that can do something with it i.e. McGeouch and McGinn back in the day

I have never seen that from Kamara in all the times I have watched him he brings nothing to the table

I have already stated that I did not attend the last home game versus Dundee

I am not as convinced by Kamara as other respected posters on here seem to be

I respect their opinions but as far as Kamara is concerned it is a no from me especially if there is a fee involved

Marvin Bartley is a very much underrated player and we were crying out for him Saturday evening and I do not think Kamara would have made a difference as we had too many players hiding as it was :greengrin
If you have never seen Glen Kamara display the same attributes as Marvin Bartley then why are you comparing Glen Kamara to Marvin Bartley?

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:23 PM
It wasn't me that compared them. I don't see anyone who was making lazy racial stereotypes but I did see one who was trying to make an issue out of one that wasn't there. And he/she has previous for it!

Apologies, my point was though, that I didn't think the poster who made the comparison initially was being racist add that the insinuation may have been unfair.

cookin_on_gaz
02-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Once again a thread is about to turn into a racism discussion. This place is doing my nut in!

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:29 PM

When you see the justification for raising it then I think 'outrageous' is wrong. My Wife Camile clearly felt that the only comparable features were that they are both black and midfielders and so challenged it.

I thought he had jumped to a conclusion that was unfair, which is why I challenged his post.

flash
02-01-2019, 12:30 PM
When you see the justification for raising it then I think 'outrageous' is wrong. My Wife Camile clearly felt that the only comparable features were that they are both black and midfielders and so challenged it.

I thought he had jumped to a conclusion that was unfair, which is why I challenged his post.
I agree with you. His relentless trolling needs to be challenged sometimes.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 12:33 PM
If you have never seen Glen Kamara display the same attributes as Marvin Bartley then why are you comparing Glen Kamara to Marvin Bartley?

Because they both play the same position though slightly different styles.

Bartley was the first and master of the holding midfield destroyer role during the Stubbs era playing in front of the back four

Both play the same position and people are talking on here about bringing Kamara in at a cost to replace the master and for a position we are well covered for as we also have Milligan

In my humble opinion Bartley is the better and more effective player

Why else would I be talking about them?

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 12:37 PM
To be fair to MWC in this instance, when folk were comparing Charlie Adam & Milligan my first reaction was it must be because they are both white and play midfield.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 12:38 PM
If challenging lazy racial stereotyping is to be classified as trolling (I can’t believe I just typed that) then I will accept the tag both loud and proud.

Lago
02-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Apologies, my point was though, that I didn't think the poster who made the comparison initially was being racist add that the insinuation may have been unfair.

Unfortunately you've managed to create something out of nothing. Really no need.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately you've managed to create something out of nothing. Really no need.

I really didn't create it. I replied to another post about it.

Hiber-nation
02-01-2019, 12:45 PM
If challenging lazy racial stereotyping is to be classified as trolling (I can’t believe I just typed that) then I will accept the tag both loud and proud.

But there isn't any lazy racial stereotyping on this thread.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 12:46 PM

I don't think it was trolling, it was a fair point to make - i'd be more concerned if nobody questioned it.

I don't necessarily agree with him but I can understand why he posted what he did.

SaulGoodman
02-01-2019, 12:47 PM
I love Hibs.net

matty_f
I love Hibs.net

:greengrin

flash

That's a hell of an assumption to make.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 12:48 PM
He was replying to my post, it was me that raised it.

alihibs1
Lennon said he wanted 1 or 2 in before they go away to Dubai on Saturday.

Gonna have to be out of the blue for that to be true.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Is someone working on a theory comparing our ins and outs to Brexit?

Lago
02-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Any bids in for players ? Real or imaginary, don't really care.:confused:

alihibs1
02-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Wonder why we haven’t announced Tommy Block yet...

He said his goodbyes at Bognor and changed all his social media saying he’s a footballer at Hibs.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2019, 12:51 PM

He said his goodbyes at Bognor and changed all his social media saying he’s a footballer at Hibs.

Probably can’t register him officially until SFA offices open, probably tomorrow

MacGruber
02-01-2019, 12:54 PM
I keep refreshing this page hoping to see Scott Allan is on his way... why have we not got this done yet... why.. it's been a full day now lol

Lago
02-01-2019, 12:57 PM

I was just about to ask that question.

Diclonius
02-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Possibly because he's being signed for the youth team and therefore doesn't count as a "proper" signing.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Possibly because he's being signed for the youth team and therefore doesn't count as a "proper" signing.

If we’re announcing the ladies team signing new players and we’re announcing 17 year olds singing new contracts (Yves gallantes) I’m sure we’ll announce him in some regards, even if it’s just a mention he’s joined the development side.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 01:04 PM
I keep refreshing this page hoping to see Scott Allan is on his way... why have we not got this done yet... why.. it's been a full day now lol

Don't need him do we? We have Milligan already and he's the master of that position.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Don't need him do we? We have Milligan already and he's the master of that position.

Now this is trolling :greengrin

bingo70
02-01-2019, 01:07 PM
I don’t actually see what Milligan has done wrong.

Did quite well when he came on against Rangers imo.

I think people are expecting him to be Dylan Mcgeouch or John Mcginn and I don’t think he’s either of those. Similar player to Bartley for me.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Never!

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 01:09 PM

😂

IDHibs
02-01-2019, 01:10 PM
If we’re announcing the ladies team signing new players and we’re announcing 17 year olds singing new contracts (Yves gallantes) I’m sure we’ll announce him in some regards, even if it’s just a mention he’s joined the development side.

We might well sing about him signing. :aok:

MacGruber
02-01-2019, 01:11 PM

😅👍

Billy Whizz
02-01-2019, 01:12 PM

I think people are expecting him to be Dylan Mcgeouch or John Mcginn and I don’t think he’s either of those. Similar player to Bartley for me.

Think arriving in September, not having played since June has been his downfall. Without a pre season and playing catch up
I’m hoping if he plays a few games for Australia this month, he comes back a bit fitter

Rumble de Thump
02-01-2019, 01:52 PM
I don't think it was trolling, it was a fair point to make - i'd be more concerned if nobody questioned it.

I don't necessarily agree with him but I can understand why he posted what he did.

It was bizarre and pointless comment about two defensive midfielders being compared, especially when Milligan was also mentioned. Some people are loud and proud about trolling. Others are just sleekit.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 01:58 PM
It was bizarre and pointless comment about two defensive midfielders being compared, especially when Milligan was also mentioned. Some people are loud and proud about trolling. Others are just sleekit.

All about opinions, I suppose. :aok:

Tyler Durden
02-01-2019, 02:00 PM

I think people have just gradually realised he’s not very good.

Average at CB and probably 5th choice behind existing squad. Comes back in against Rangers in midfield and very lucky not to give away a penalty. Awful against Livingston and people start to realise he’s not actually any better than Bartley.

So nothing terrible he’s done wrong but when he was heralded as a big signing and a missing piece of the puzzle in our midfield etc..... He’s not.

I’d rather have a youth player.

JimBHibees
02-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Think arriving in September, not having played since June has been his downfall. Without a pre season and playing catch up
I’m hoping if he plays a few games for Australia this month, he comes back a bit fitter

Personally think he started pretty well but his recent performances have been in the main pretty poor. Thought very poor v Dundee and when came on v St Mirren however not the only one that is for sure.

SRHibs
02-01-2019, 02:14 PM

He mentioned Milligan in the same post though, which made it pretty clear he was comparing them because of their position, and not skin colour.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 02:18 PM
He mentioned Milligan in the same post though, which made it pretty clear he was comparing them because of their position, and not skin colour.

Again, I agree which is why I challenged the point.

It wasn't me that was calling it out. I was defending Billy's post.

davhibby
02-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Personally think he started pretty well but his recent performances have been in the main pretty poor. Thought very poor v Dundee and when came on v St Mirren however not the only one that is for sure.

He was clearly playing with an injury from the off against Dundee. Our best run of the season coincided with him starting every game in midfield.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 02:33 PM
At the risk of dragging this out even further, this is what my point actually was - Kamara and Bartley don’t even play the same role in midfield so why would that comparison be made?

Another poster made a joke by comparing Milligan to Allan but it’s actually a very accurate representation of what has happened and the fact that we can easily identify it as a joke but don’t see the error in comparing Bartley to Kamara is exactly what is wrong. There’s not a straight like for like comparison but his style of play is far closer to that of McGeouch than Bartley.

The same lazy assumption comparison was made in the summer when it was suggested that Mulumbu might be a replacement for Bartley even though they are, again, completely different players.

I don’t think its a display of intentional racism but it does indicate that subconscious stereotyping exists and I don’t think that should be ignored.

H18 SFR
02-01-2019, 02:36 PM

We don't routinely 'announce' development squad signings do we?

Famous Fiver
02-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Missed out on Pulisic.

Aaron Ramsay talking to Juve, Real, PSG, Inter and Bayern?

Petrie, get your act together !!!

madhatter
02-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Missed out on Pulisic.

Aaron Ramsay talking to Juve, Real, PSG, Inter and Bayern?

Petrie, get your act together !!!

Ramsay has one hell of an Agent...

He’s one of the most overrated players I’ve seen in recent years. Much like Wilshere.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
At the risk of dragging this out even further, this is what my point actually was - Kamara and Bartley don’t even play the same role in midfield so why would that comparison be made?

Another poster made a joke by comparing Milligan to Allan but it’s actually a very accurate representation of what has happened and the fact that we can easily identify it as a joke but don’t see the error in comparing Bartley to Kamara is exactly what is wrong. There’s not a straight like for like comparison but his style of play is far closer to that of McGeouch than Bartley.

The same lazy assumption comparison was made in the summer when it was suggested that Mulumbu might be a replacement for Bartley even though they are, again, completely different players.

I don’t think its a display of intentional racism but it does indicate that subconscious stereotyping exists and I don’t think that should be ignored.

Your post on the Glen Kamara thread 25/11/2018 12.32 pm

“Good player, reminded me of many othe black central midfielders” :confused:

Nothing subconscious about that!

:wtf:

bingo70
02-01-2019, 03:21 PM

I think he was being ironic to prove a point.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 03:21 PM

I think you might've had a bit of a woosh moment here Bill.

matty_f
02-01-2019, 03:23 PM
I think the point has been made now, can we go back to moaning about not signing anyone please?

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 03:27 PM

It was actually Milligan and Charlie Adam that I made the joke comparison about, but then all white people look the same to you don’t they? 😀

On a more serious note, your point about subconscious racial stereotyping is a good one, and would generate an interesting and potentially enlightening debate on the holy ground. However I think it can be counterproductive trying to shoehorn that debate into examples that are not there, like this thread, IMO.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 03:27 PM
I think the point has been made now, can we go back to moaning about not signing anyone please?
Deary me, the window has just opened. Can we have some patience please and show some faith in the management?

matty_f
02-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Deary me, the window has just opened. Can we have some patience please and show some faith in the management?

Reported.

My_Wife_Camille
02-01-2019, 03:32 PM
It was actually Milligan and Charlie Adam that I make the joke comparison about, but then all white people look the same to you don’t they? 😀

On a more serious note, your point about subconscious racial stereotyping is a good one, and would generate an interesting and potentially enlightening debate on the holy ground. However I think it can be counterproductive trying to shoehorn that debate into examples that are not there, like this thread, IMO.
I was talking about Dexter St Jocks post but you’re right. There is a whole forum for that type of discussion so it’s not right to do it here.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 03:40 PM
I think you might've had a bit of a woosh moment here Bill.

Yeah! Maybes aye but not being accused of being something I am not!

MacGruber
02-01-2019, 03:58 PM
So no Scott Allan yet? 🤔

southsider
02-01-2019, 04:05 PM
So no Scott Allan yet? 🤔

Tomorrow 1st day back for Leann & George ?

Speedway
02-01-2019, 04:20 PM

We’ve signed Tommy Block!

What more do you want?

matty_f
02-01-2019, 04:26 PM

What more do you want?

Petrie!!!!

stoneyburn hibs
02-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Ramsay has one hell of an Agent...

He’s one of the most overrated players I’ve seen in recent years. Much like Wilshere.

That's Arsenalist, tut tut.

LeithMike
02-01-2019, 05:19 PM

Hmmmm. Don't really like commenting on this sort of stuff but feel for the original poster and think it is really bad form to infer someone is being racist or stereotyping when it is not necessarily there in the post, particularly when MWC's logic undermines his point in the first place.

MWC him/herself points out that Kamara's style of play is more similar to McGeouch rather than Bartley. In my view McGeouch and Bartley, while having different styles, essentially played the same role at Hibs and it was Bartley who lost out when McGeouch made the holding midfield role his own, even though he played it in a different way - more like Jorginho than ****e (if I am allowed to relate to Chelsea players).

I think it is perfectly fair then, even subscribing to MWC's view, to say that Kamara, if he signed for Hibs, would be competing with Bartley for a space in the midfield. They could probably play in different positions too (but if Bartley and McGeouch ever played in the same team McGeouch invariably played on the right handside). I personally think Bartley is underused at Hibs and think he is far more than just a spoiler - he was the one who drove us forward in the league cup final (but that is for another thread).

To insensitively condemn racism or stereotyping in a post when it may not be there, whether casual or not, is pretty off in my opinion. The only prejudice I have picked up is the superiority that comes across in MWC's posts (not sure whether this is intentional or not) but I think the original poster would have every right to take offense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
02-01-2019, 05:22 PM

What more do you want?

Tommy Block to the tune of Baby Shark

DavidDavidGray
02-01-2019, 05:30 PM

No. Absolutely not.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-01-2019, 05:31 PM

And that’s in my head now

God I hate you

Jones28
02-01-2019, 05:34 PM

You make a very good point there.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-01-2019, 05:37 PM
And that’s in my head now

God I hate you

Works with John mcginn too!! It was the real reason he left,not for money or to improve himself as a footballer. It was over the lack of this song

Col2
02-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Tomorrow 1st day back for Leann & George ?

I don’t believe Leanne or George are back until mid Jan when the players are back from Dubai. Rod is in charge of all matters and only taking incoming calls👀

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Hmmmm. Don't really like commenting on this sort of stuff but feel for the original poster and think it is really bad form to infer someone is being racist or stereotyping when it is not necessarily there in the post, particularly when MWC's logic undermines his point in the first place.

MWC him/herself points out that Kamara's style of play is more similar to McGeouch rather than Bartley. In my view McGeouch and Bartley, while having different styles, essentially played the same role at Hibs and it was Bartley who lost out when McGeouch made the holding midfield role his own, even though he played it in a different way - more like Jorginho than ****e (if I am allowed to relate to Chelsea players).

I think it is perfectly fair then, even subscribing to MWC's view, to say that Kamara, if he signed for Hibs, would be competing with Bartley for a space in the midfield. They could probably play in different positions too (but if Bartley and McGeouch ever played in the same team McGeouch invariably played on the right handside). I personally think Bartley is underused at Hibs and think he is far more than just a spoiler - he was the one who drove us forward in the league cup final (but that is for another thread).

To insensitively condemn racism or stereotyping in a post when it may not be there, whether casual or not, is pretty off in my opinion. The only prejudice I have picked up is the superiority that comes across in MWC's posts (not sure whether this is intentional or not) but I think the original poster would have every right to take offense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:top marks

calumhibee1
02-01-2019, 05:55 PM

FFS :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-01-2019, 06:16 PM

Nooooooooo.

I can't believe it.

Worst post on here since andy74 claimed that Alan OBrien was better than he was given credit for.

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Has Steven 'Mr Punch' Davies gone back to The Rangers 2012?

Joe6-2
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Nooooooooo.

I can't believe it.

Worst post on here since andy74 claimed that Alan OBrien was better than he was given credit for.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Can't stop singing it now, Tommy Block doo doo......

H18 SFR
02-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Aiden Nesbit released by MK Dons, really liked him when we were in the championship and he was out on loan from Celtic.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Aiden Nesbit released by MK Dons, really liked him when we were in the championship and he was out on loan from Celtic.

Yeah, I remember him, was highly rated when he was at Celtic on loan at Morton, he was excellent against us.

Surprised he’s not made it down there, would certainly be happy enough for us to offering him training facilities and see how he gets on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Looks like it is mutual consent.

Speedway
02-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Tommy Block do do doodoo doodoo
Tommy Block!

Fuzzywuzzy
02-01-2019, 07:10 PM
In fairness, I think I should be banned

Haymaker
02-01-2019, 07:16 PM
:hyper

Lago
02-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Can't we just drop this now, it's been done to death.

Speedway
02-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Strong rumours tonight that we’re bringing Nik Gunnarsson back in.

WellingtonHibby
02-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Would be very happy with that

Zazu62
02-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Yes please

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 07:57 PM

Yes but is it a breaking rumour?

Speedway
02-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Yes but is it a breaking rumour?

No, not breaking, just strong.

SloopJB
02-01-2019, 07:59 PM

This used annoy me as being an inane waste of bandwidth and contributed nothing to any given topic.
Sadly it has become one of the better posts on any number of threads.

So I raise a glass to you as a thank you.

Cheers.

🙂

500miles
02-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Looks like it is mutual consent.

Looks like he could blow away in a strong wind!

Greenworld
02-01-2019, 08:07 PM
I don’t believe Leanne or George are back until mid Jan when the players are back from Dubai. Rod is in charge of all matters and only taking incoming calls[emoji102]Rod has taken control of finances on transfers again [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

madhatter
02-01-2019, 08:35 PM

Our scouting department proving its worth once more :wink:

Being serious, slightly fed up how many times we look to bring back players who have left previously. Stokes to name a recent one.

More often that not, they’re all getting towards the end of their careers or having injury issues/not played in a while.

Be nice to sign a good player that isn’t a returning player, an ex-Celtic player or a journeyman international at the end of his career. We don’t need a defender unless Efe is gone. Midfield and upfront needs major changes/additions.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Being serious, slightly fed up how many times we look to bring back players who have left previously. Stokes to name a recent one.

More often that not, they’re all getting towards the end of their careers or having injury issues/not played in a while.

Be nice to sign a good player that isn’t a returning player, an ex-Celtic player or a journeyman international at the end of his career. We don’t need a defender unless Efe is gone. Midfield and upfront needs major changes/additions.

We do need cover at right back. My issue is that Gundo would be on too much money to be a back up.

Ozyhibby
02-01-2019, 08:40 PM

Also looks like he wasn’t getting a game in 2018.

allmodcons
02-01-2019, 08:42 PM

So not Scott Allan then?

madhatter
02-01-2019, 08:46 PM
We do need cover at right back. My issue is that Gundo would be on too much money to be a back up.

I’d rather we get a good starting 11 before looking at back ups. We have Whittaker and Gray at RB, if either aren’t good enough anymore (Whittaker) and/or injury prone (Gray) then again, our scouting and recruitment department are at fault. Agyepong being injury prone and having an injury track record yet we signed him on loan. Mavrias and Nelom being what...company for those in the physio room? Horgan still can’t last 90mins and I feel Lennon’s comments about fitness are mainly directed at him. Recruitment has been shambolic, signing Nik while our midfield is how it is would not surprise me though...

We’ve signed Nelom to take up a wage even though we can all see that Mackie is good enough to deputise Stevenson. Mavrias played 2-3 games in almost 3months.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Also looks like he wasn’t getting a game in 2018.

Played 20 in 2017 and then 22 in 2018 out of 30 league games. Not bad at all.

500miles
02-01-2019, 08:50 PM

Think he's been playing mostly centre half since he left. Given we like 3 at the back, and that takes quick, athletic defenders who can run with the ball at their feet, Gunnarsson would fit well into a Lennon team, especially given Efe may be away and Darren shouldn't play weekend midweek back to back.

CMurdoch
02-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Not strong enough for down the road.
Like Hyndman needs to build himself up.

madhatter
02-01-2019, 08:55 PM
So not Scott Allan then?

If we have a good team that win most weeks, then no. If we can get him without being ripped off by Celtic, fine. We seem to go all out on one or two players but lose focus on the team element. Then said good players leave as they get fed up of playing in a garbage team or simply stand out so much that they get bought by someone else.

Allan would help our midfield but wouldn’t fix it. We do not have enough grit and drive in there.

Example of what I mean, we spent money on Kamberi, Mallan and Horgan. All of which haven’t been great. Mallan obviously the best because of his shots and free kicks. Do we have a good team? No. We signed players on free and on loan to fill out the squad after spending money on a few signings. Most of free signings and loans have been physio bound since the beginning.

Has the returning Kamberi been anything like last season? No. Was Stokes? No.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Think he's been playing mostly centre half since he left. Given we like 3 at the back, and that takes quick, athletic defenders who can run with the ball at their feet, Gunnarsson would fit well into a Lennon team, especially given Efe may be away and Darren shouldn't play weekend midweek back to back.

Don't need to sell it to me. Love to have him back, Boyle wasn't exactly a regular when Stubbs left and look at what we done with him!

Jumbo
02-01-2019, 09:01 PM

He hadn’t had any contact with Hibs a few days ago, if he signs I’m due commission for putting idea in his head 😁

J-C
02-01-2019, 09:01 PM

Shhh!! you know you can't use facts on here to prove a point, you have to bicker with each other for a few posts, then both go in the huff accusing each other of being a Jambo. :greengrin

J-C
02-01-2019, 09:03 PM

:agree: CH who can also play RB, as he did with us the 1st time.

Jumbo
02-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Probably would’ve played more games this season but coach dropped him at end of season for not signing new contract !

B.H.F.C
02-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Kamberi linked with Bristol City in The Sun.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 09:37 PM

If we sell him we must have a hell of a decent replacement lined up.

Diclonius
02-01-2019, 09:38 PM

I suspect he'll want away and Lennon will sell if the price is right.

Heisenberg
02-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Probably Tom Eaves.

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Would be disappointed to lose him, particularly if we were to sell him and Lennon wasn’t around for next season.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2019, 09:40 PM

I agree. But given what’s went on in the last few weeks I wouldn’t be that surprised to see him leave.

3pm
02-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Nae danger. Not good enough for that league.

bingo70
Probably Tom Eaves.

Can’t see it, sounds like there’s some championship clubs and the rangers after him, we can’t get close to competing financially with clubs like that.

hibsbollah

bingo70
02-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Each to their own but I personally don’t think the championship is much better than the top half of the Scottish Premiership.

Diclonius
02-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Probably Tom Eaves.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kamberi goes ASAP and three weeks later a panic buy English youngster with no competitive appearances comes in on deadline day.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 09:43 PM

Can’t find anything about this on the sun twitter page, where are you seeing this story?

The 90+2
02-01-2019, 09:45 PM

Do you actually believe that deep down? He will go, a couple of signings won’t happen and someone will come in right at the end of the window.

Ambrose leaving and selling Kamberi would be dreadful.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Can’t find anything about this on the sun twitter page, where are you seeing this story?

It’s in with a story about them wanting Lee Wallace and Ryan Gauld as well.

James Stephen
02-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Would be really annoyed if we sold him. He is a class player, and its Lenny's job to get his best form out of him.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Do you actually believe that deep down? He will go, a couple of signings won’t happen and someone will come in right at the end of the window.

Ambrose leaving and selling Kamberi would be dreadful.

No, tbh I don’t but it’s the hope that kills you.

Losing Ambrose and Kamberi would be a disaster and I’m normally pretty relaxed about players leaving as players will always come and go. To lose the both of them in one window without having replacements lined up would be criminal though.

I realise Efe is out of our hands but we can’t lose both of them.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2019, 09:57 PM
No, tbh I don’t but it’s the hope that kills you.

Losing Ambrose and Kamberi would be a disaster and I’m normally pretty relaxed about players leaving as players will always come and go. To lose the both of them in one window without having replacements lined up would be criminal though.

I realise Efe is out of our hands but we can’t lose both of them.

You don't think Kamberi is replaceable?

bingo70
02-01-2019, 10:02 PM
You don't think Kamberi is replaceable?

On our budget and in this window it would be very very difficult.

It’s clearly not impossible as we signed him in this window last year but when we’re already needing a couple of top class midfielders, new forwards who should be pairing up with Flo, a new centre half to replace Efe and a new winger or two as per Lennons wish list I think we would have other priorities than selling one of the few genuine quality players we currently have if we can avoid it.

davhibby
02-01-2019, 10:08 PM
I'd rather see Lennon leave than Kamberi.

DetroitHibs
02-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Worked last year when we binned Stokes and Murray. Technically Stokes is a better player than Kamberi. Stokes struggled like Kamberi is this year with the lack of service. Both had to keep dropping deep. Allan made the difference last year.

Lmc2105
02-01-2019, 10:16 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3697301/rangers-lee-wallace-bristol-city-hibs-florian-kamberi-ryan-gauld/ Sun article about Kamberi.

Hibeesmad
02-01-2019, 10:17 PM
I don’t think he be going anywhere

BegbieHSC
02-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Bristol city can **** off! *****hole city - tinpot team.

Billychaotic182
02-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Tommy block do do dodododo

Ffs

Michael
02-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Kamberi is a much better forward than we can usually afford. Losing him would be pretty dire.

If we end up worse off by the close of the window then it's a huge failure given that we're currently 8th.

Brooster
02-01-2019, 10:30 PM
I'd rather see Lennon leave than Kamberi.

Haha ok. Kamberi has contributed zero this season in fact he isn't even trying. Take anything upwards of £500k and run.

eastmainsmsh
02-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Aberdeen seemingly interested in Martin Boyle

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 10:37 PM

The Martin Boyle of this season, meh, wouldn’t be too bothered if we got good money for him. The player of last season, he was a big part of how well we did.

I do worry if Boyle has peaked in terms of improvement and last season will end up the purple season of his career, with teams having found out how to defend against him now.

Or, hopefully, he is just having a dip this season like everyone else and with the right quality in the team he will flourish again.

Brooster
02-01-2019, 10:40 PM
The Martin Boyle of this season, meh, wouldn’t be too bothered if we got good money for him. The player of last season, he was a big part of how well we did.

I do worry if Boyle has peaked in terms of improvement and last season will end up the purple season of his career, with teams having found out how to defend against him now.

Or, hopefully, he is just having a dip this season like everyone else and with the right quality in the team he will flourish again.

Again.....Let's talk cash. Anything upwards of £500k and he is yours. Contributed very little this season. Can you tell I'm all for a total clear out lol.

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Haha ok. Kamberi has contributed zero this season in fact he isn't even trying. Take anything upwards of £500k and run.

I understand what he means, who is likely to be here longer term Lennon or Kamberi. Wouldn’t want to sell Kamberi only for Lennon to be gone before next season and neither of them were here.

As for Kamberi contributing “zero”, at least try and have a reasoned debate as that’s clearly not true.

04Sauzee
02-01-2019, 10:45 PM

Can't see Aberdeen signing him in this window unless his injury isn't as bad as we fear?

Could he go there with Shinnnie coming to ER if the rumours about Shinnnie are to be believed?

Or Mackay Stevens plus cash?

*Disclaimer... Can't actually see any of the above happening 😁

Brooster
02-01-2019, 10:48 PM
I understand what he means, who is likely to be here longer term Lennon or Kamberi. Wouldn’t want to sell Kamberi only for Lennon to be gone before next season and neither of them were here.

As for Kamberi contributing “zero”, at least try and have a reasoned debate as that’s clearly not true.
What has he contributed in terms of goals and assists in the last 3 months for example? Next to nothing, he's not trying a leg.

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 10:54 PM
What has he contributed in terms of goals and assists in the last 3 months for example? Next to nothing, he's not trying a leg.

Your minds made up on him, fair enough. With the exception of Ambrose, Porteous & Bogdan none of the other players or manager have contributed much this season or the last 3 months.

Brooster
02-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Your minds made up on him, fair enough. With the exception of Ambrose, Porteous & Bogdan none of the other players or manager have contributed much this season or the last 3 months.

I know. I'm disappointed I suppose. I would keep those 3 plus Gray, Horgan, Shaw and Mackie. Wouldn't be too fussed if any of the others left.

3pm
03-01-2019, 05:24 AM
Each to their own but I personally don’t think the championship is much better than the top half of the Scottish Premiership.

I disagree.

neil7908
03-01-2019, 06:11 AM
I think it would be a huge mistake to let Kamberi go. He's a great player and the chances of us signing better on a permanent contract (particularly in January) is next to none.

Equally Boyle hasn't had the best year but selling him for change to a rival would be madness.

JimBHibees
03-01-2019, 06:23 AM
I suspect he'll want away and Lennon will sell if the price is right.

Personally think the Kamberi/Lennon bickering in public has been contrived to allow him to leave this window. Probably the plan all along IMO maybe wrong. Hope we make good money out of him.

JimBHibees
03-01-2019, 06:25 AM

Could definitely do it in that league IMO.

flash
03-01-2019, 06:28 AM
Can't help but think Scott Allan would make any striker look better with those passes of his.

Time For Heroes
03-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Could definitely do it in that league IMO.

My thinking too, I live in England and have seen quite a few Championship games in the last few years, he'd definately make the grade imo

SouthMoroccoStu
03-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Can't help but think Scott Allan would make any striker look better with those passes of his.

Got to agree

Winston Ingram
03-01-2019, 07:15 AM

He's been pish this season because he's played practically every position bar goalie and centre back. It's no wonder his form has suffered.

Winston Ingram
03-01-2019, 07:17 AM

Scott Allan appears to have turned into Lionel Messi in the last 6 months.

flash
03-01-2019, 07:21 AM

It's all relative. At his best he was our Messi.

bingo70
03-01-2019, 07:26 AM

Tbh I was pretty critical of people putting too much emphasis on signing Scott Allan in the summer as I was quite relaxed that if we never got him we’d get someone just as good.

I’ve changed my tune though as I think we really need genuine quality signed for the first 11 and he fits the bill perfectly, I know it’ll take him a Few weeks to get up to speed but that’s fine.

Imo we really need Scott Allan to sign this window.

staunchhibby
03-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Not buying in to this hype surrounding Allan till I see it official announced.

Winston Ingram
03-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Tbh I was pretty critical of people putting too much emphasis on signing Scott Allan in the summer as I was quite relaxed that if we never got him we’d get someone just as good.

I’ve changed my tune though as I think we really need genuine quality signed for the first 11 and he fits the bill perfectly, I know it’ll take him a Few weeks to get up to speed but that’s fine.

Imo we really need Scott Allan to sign this window.

We could obviously do with him but the expectations of what he's going to deliver are getting wildly out of control. He was great for us last year but the way some on here are talking, ye'd think he was on the shortlist for the Balon D'or.

The boy hasn't played 1 minute of first team football since May.

SMAXXA
03-01-2019, 07:44 AM

With the criticism directed at most of the current squad am sure Brooster would take Lionel Richie at this stage 😜

calumhibee1
03-01-2019, 07:51 AM
We could obviously do with him but the expectations of what he's going to deliver are getting wildly out of control. He was great for us last year but the way some on here are talking, ye'd think he was on the shortlist for the Balon D'or.

The boy hasn't played 1 minute of first team football since May.

I don’t think people are suggesting he’s some sort of world beater. There could however be a reasonable arguement put forward that he was every bit as good as SJM when he came in for the 2nd half of the season last season. A player of that ability could transform our team massively.

Joe6-2
03-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Personally think the Kamberi/Lennon bickering in public has been contrived to allow him to leave this window. Probably the plan all along IMO maybe wrong. Hope we make good money out of him.

Not sure it's been contrived, but it certainly could help Kamberi to make the decision to leave

Winston Ingram
03-01-2019, 08:05 AM
I don’t think people are suggesting he’s some sort of world beater. There could however be a reasonable arguement put forward that he was every bit as good as SJM when he came in for the 2nd half of the season last season. A player of that ability could transform our team massively.

This is my point. He'd improve it but i not convinced it's going to be massive. He hasn't played a game for 8 months so it'll take him a number of weeks to get up to speed. It may even be next season before he kicks in.

He also is a bit of a luxury as he's not the type to put a shift in. As a result, we have to have the right players around him, i.e. McGinn, McGeouch to compensate for that.

mcfly
03-01-2019, 08:06 AM
So reading these last few pages Hyndman is away

Potentially Kamberi, boyle and Ambrose are away

We already have a small squad, how many are we planning on bringing in. This doesn’t seem to me to be a very positive situation and Lennon is under massive pressure to get this right.

This will be the 2nd Jan window in a row he will have applied massive changes to the squad.

Callum_62
03-01-2019, 08:08 AM
This will be the 2nd Jan window in a row he will have applied massive changes to the squad.

Couldn’t care as long as it improves us

Brooster
03-01-2019, 08:12 AM
With the criticism directed at most of the current squad am sure Brooster would take Lionel Richie at this stage 😜

Get him in lol.

brog
03-01-2019, 08:13 AM

I know it was last year but it was still only a month ago that he scored a superb goal against Celtc. He was also excellent at Ibrox. By all means criticise a player if you wish but try & apply some degree of impartiality.