PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Eyrie
30-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Don’t think Allan has played a competitive game since around September

So we need to get him in early so that he can get 70 minutes against Elgin.

I can see us offering him a pre-contract, but equally see Celtc being very difficult to deal with about him coming in January.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Sell our best player in Ambrose 👀 behave yourself. We need more quality in . None out .

We might not have a choice in it.....

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 07:03 PM
https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/three-leave-the-club/

I see Dundee have announced a few departures. Wonder if we will do the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Scott Allan be great I’d like Stevie May he has not been scoring but his work rate and linkage is decent and Kamara fi Dundee Johnny Hayes as well lol

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 07:08 PM

Celtic must want Miller as back up to Tierney

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 07:10 PM

We will but probably in a month or so.

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Celtic must want Miller as back up to Tierney

He’s been sent back by Dundee apparently as has been dreadful.

Crab apple
30-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Is Mulumbu at Celtic likely to be available even as a loan.

cookin_on_gaz
30-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Unless we get a mystery benefactor like them across the road it seems to me we will need to sell to have a decent amount to spend.

If we get a bid for Efe we should take cash then add it to the remaining amount from the McGinn deal and the money made from our Europa League run. Don’t want to sell Porteous yet.

Lennon needs to hand a list like this to the board.

Louis Moult (Preston)
Kenny McLean (Norwich)......ex Aberdeen, only had 1 start for Norwich so may be injured
Scott Allan (Celtic)
Glenn Kamara (Dundee)
Iglesias (Asteras)......big Argie midfielder who was great against us at Easter Road.

These are all players who would improve our team and get us competing at the top end of the table. May not get them all immediately, but possibly in the summer.

If Lennon does not get these players, or comparable ones, he will be offski (similar to John Collins a few years back). Can’t see him tolerating another batch of lower league, budget signings.

This list may be ambitious, but we are at a crossroads just now, as is Lennon.I think Neil will leave amicably at the end of the season and Gordon Strachan will be next in the hot seat.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
30-12-2018, 07:32 PM

I wondered the same. He’s at an age where there’s probably not a lot to gain for Celtic by loaning him out but it would at least reduce the numbers that Rodgers has moaned about.

weonlywon6-2
30-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Maybe he should put in a transfer request then? Or sign for us right now (Contracts end June 30, he can negotiate a deal with 6 months left of that which is in 2 days)? Or not force a move in the first place?

I want him back as much as anyone but if he loved Hibs so much he'd be playing for Hibs.

Having spoken with Scott he loves it at Hibs however some things are out of his hands,hopefully see him here soon 👍👍

Stonewall
30-12-2018, 07:44 PM
So we need to get him in early so that he can get 70 minutes against Elgin.

I can see us offering him a pre-contract, but equally see Celtc being very difficult to deal with about him coming in January.

I don’t understand why Celtic would make things difficult. The McGinn business has gone and why would they want to piss us off if they come calling for Porteous (as has been rumoured) or anyone else in the future.

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2018, 07:44 PM
I think Neil will leave amicably at the end of the season and Gordon Strachan will be next in the hot seat.

aw man :hyper come on home Gogs

Lago
30-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I think Neil will leave amicably at the end of the season and Gordon Strachan will be next in the hot seat.

Strachan nope, no thanks.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Maybe he should put in a transfer request then? Or sign for us right now (Contracts end June 30, he can negotiate a deal with 6 months left of that which is in 2 days)? Or not force a move in the first place?

I want him back as much as anyone but if he loved Hibs so much he'd be playing for Hibs.

Even I don’t love Hibs enough that I would give up the money he would have to to play for us.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 07:52 PM
I don’t understand why Celtic would make things difficult. The McGinn business has gone and why would they want to piss us off if they come calling for Porteous (as has been rumoured) or anyone else in the future.

It will all be about who’s picking up SA’s wages until the summer

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Totally agree. Yesterday’s man.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Celtic will do what is best for Celtic. If they can offload him and save some cash between now and the end of the season then they’ll deal. If it’s right for them though.

cookin_on_gaz
30-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Strachan nope, no thanks.Not everyone's cup of tea but reckon he would do a great job

CMurdoch
30-12-2018, 09:30 PM

Miller and Boyle were 2 of their better player players especially young Calvin Miller. Nabi has done nothing so won't be a loss.

They are desperately trying to move players on so that McIntyre can get new players in.
Last week they told 6 other players that they are free to move, however, 3 of them have contracts for another 18 months so are unlikely to go.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Scott Allan be great I’d like Stevie May he has not been scoring but his work rate and linkage is decent and Kamara fi Dundee Johnny Hayes as well lol

I’m pretty sure nearly every Aberdeen fan would drive him here personally

CMurdoch
30-12-2018, 09:42 PM

It might suit Celtic to give us Mulumbu on loan and Allan on a permanent so that we can derail their challengers by taking points of them.
They are 13 points ahead of us and have a game in hand so we are no threat to them. Both players are a mile out of the picture at Celtic.

What do you think?

Unseen work
31-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Adil Nabi’s contract with Dundee has expired.

We were previously linked with him before. Looks a good player, sort that would do well here

https://youtu.be/mLsxVmG3Qq4

bingo70
31-12-2018, 07:01 AM
Adil Nabi’s contract with Dundee has expired.

We were previously linked with him before. Looks a good player, sort that would do well here

https://youtu.be/mLsxVmG3Qq4

Would be another squad filler.

We need first team starters to come in.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Would be another squad filler.

We need first team starters to come in.

Yup. No thanks from me. He’d be a downgrade on the guys we brought in in the summer imo.

DetroitHibs
31-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Biggest thing we need to do is sign players that are currently playing week in week out and are an asset to there current clubs. Obviously Allan we all know about his quality, but I don't want to see us bring in unknown foreign entities that can't get a game for there current clubs.

Unseen work
31-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Adam Hammill?

Another one out of contract in January.

bingo70
31-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Biggest thing we need to do is sign players that are currently playing week in week out and are an asset to there current clubs. Obviously Allan we all know about his quality, but I don't want to see us bring in unknown foreign entities that can't get a game for there current clubs.

I can’t see how that’s realistic tbh.

Players playing week in week out at a comparable or better standard to us will cost a lot of money. Players playing at a lower standard regularly will still cost money but be more of a gamble.

Imo it’ll be young players from down south or older players currently out of favour.

James Stephen
31-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Adam Hammill?

I think he is not a bad shout at all.

We do definitely need some other options up front and in attacking third.

However Lennon needs to also manage the strikers we have (and have had) better, as it is not sustainable to keep signing a new front line every 6 months.

He seems to have a real weak spot in identifying and managing strikers. Maybe its a subconscious throwback to the Alan Shearer episode 😁

Heisenberg
31-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Daily record saying we are also interested in Ross McCormack. No thanks.

brog
31-12-2018, 07:42 AM
He’s been sent back by Dundee apparently as has been dreadful.

He was excellent recently when Dundee held The Rangers with 10 men (so was Boyle) & I believe he's started nearly every game.. As Rodgers has been slaughtered for playing McGregor at LB on Sat I think its more likely Celtc who have recalled him.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Adam Hammill?

I mentioned him after the St Mirren game. He’d probably be a good squad filler but we need better than that.

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Daily record saying we are also interested in Ross McCormack. No thanks.He's injured. Out for a month

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Noticed Scott brown is out of contract. Might be heading to Oz.

bingo70
31-12-2018, 07:47 AM
I mentioned him after the St Mirren game. He’d probably be a good squad filler but we need better than that.

30 year old wingers are rarely the solution, by that point their pace is on the way and chances are they’ll end up pretty *****.

I know he’s scored a few very good goals but not sure what his overall game has been like.

JimBHibees
31-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Daily record saying we are also interested in Ross McCormack. No thanks.

Doesnt exactly fit with the hard working striker model. Think I saw a bit of a game for an Aussie team few months back (Melbourne victory?) and looked overweight. Got talent but attitude appears to be an issue, the story about him not making training at Villa because the electronic gate to his house wouldnt open was quality.

Heisenberg
31-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Scottish Daily Mail journo saying Ambrose has played his last game for Hibs. Absolutely dreadful news if it’s true. He’s been our best player by a mile this season.

JimBHibees
31-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Scottish Daily Mail journo saying Ambrose has played his last game for Hibs. Absolutely dreadful news if it’s true. He’s been our best player by a mile this season.

Totally agree he has been brilliant this season and worth the entrance money alone. Looks like a huge window if that is the case. Need to get 2 or 3 in early doors.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 08:27 AM

Wonder if he’s just making assumptions based on Efes body language at the end of the game or if he actually knows something.

flash
31-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Wonder if he’s just making assumptions based on Efes body language at the end of the game or if he actually knows something.

I heard a while back about this happening. He will be sadly missed. Best centre half in the league for my cash.

My_Wife_Camille
31-12-2018, 08:33 AM
I heard a while back about this happening. He will be sadly missed. Best centre half in the league for my cash.
We’ll agree on that one flash. The guy is a joy to watch and will be even harder to replace than McGinn and McGeouch imo.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 08:34 AM

Agree. On the form he’s been in this season he’s definitely the best in Scotland.

flash
31-12-2018, 08:42 AM
I better delete that post if you two agree with me.🙂

Nicho87
31-12-2018, 08:44 AM
If ambrose is away now hibs better come up with some strong signings to keep Lennon and us fans happy. It has a familiar feel of the last time we got promoted one or two season with a good team and then just slowly but surely filtered in by journeymen and dross. Lennon said himself no signings and we will be bottom six. Can’t see Lennon staying around for that ambition. Hibs need to back him or they will lose him.

stoneyburn hibs
31-12-2018, 08:45 AM
I better delete that post if you two agree with me.🙂

If it helps I also agree. Efe would be a massive loss.

J-C
31-12-2018, 08:45 AM
I think Efe being here was always a marriage of convenience, he needed to get his visa and we got a very defender for 18 months on a wage we'd never expect to pay for someone that good. At times he's been a bombscare but this past 4 months he's turned me around and I've loved watching him play, thankfully Porteous has gained great experience playing recently, so it's not all panic yet.

wookie70
31-12-2018, 09:13 AM
He's injured. Out for a month

Players being unavailable when signed doesn't seem to put us off.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Put a bid in for Kenny Miller - surely he wouldn’t cost that much and would be eager to sign.

Johnny_Leith
31-12-2018, 09:17 AM
I think Efe being here was always a marriage of convenience, he needed to get his visa and we got a very defender for 18 months on a wage we'd never expect to pay for someone that good. At times he's been a homecare but this past 4 months he's turned me around and I've loved watching him play, thankfully Porteous has gained great experience playing recently, so it's not all panic yet.

It took you until the last 4 months to appreciate Efe??

wookie70
31-12-2018, 09:18 AM

More trophies than Lennon in a similar time frame at Celtc and he had Rangers to contend with. If Lennon does go I think he would be a very decent appointment.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Put a bid in for Kenny Miller - surely he wouldn’t cost that much and would be eager to sign.

Wouldn’t be paying money for him at his age. For free aye, but no cash. Get the lad Shankland in (unlikely) or bring JC back (also unlikely).

Crab apple
31-12-2018, 09:21 AM
It might suit Celtic to give us Mulumbu on loan and Allan on a permanent so that we can derail their challengers by taking points of them.
They are 13 points ahead of us and have a game in hand so we are no threat to them. Both players are a mile out of the picture at Celtic.

What do you think?

I think you’re right that he’s out of the picture at celtic. He was only signed as a stop gap after they failed to get SJM. I’m not sure Lennon will be looking to add a defensive midfielder this window even if Mulumbu might be an upgrade on Milligan or Bartley.

Captain Trips
31-12-2018, 10:29 AM
With the likely departure of Efe this window has possibly now become possibly the biggest in many years and as it is not a summer window can be difficult to recruit.

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-12-2018, 10:32 AM
I think Efe being here was always a marriage of convenience, he needed to get his visa and we got a very defender for 18 months on a wage we'd never expect to pay for someone that good. At times he's been a homecare but this past 4 months he's turned me around and I've loved watching him play, thankfully Porteous has gained great experience playing recently, so it's not all panic yet.

A homecare - an insult I’ve never heard before.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Wouldn’t be paying money for him at his age. For free aye, but no cash. Get the lad Shankland in (unlikely) or bring JC back (also unlikely).

I think he would be an ideal short term fix up top and a good foil for Kamberi.

bingo70
31-12-2018, 10:35 AM

Couldn’t play for another club this season, already played for livinand Dundee and you’re only allowed to play for 2 clubs in the one season.

Lago
31-12-2018, 10:39 AM
More trophies than Lennon in a similar time frame at Celtc and he had Rangers to contend with. If Lennon does go I think he would be a very decent appointment.
True, but how is he, like Lennon, going to replicate that at Hibs, he won't, his best days are in the past at Celtic. Nope not for me I'm afraid.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Couldn’t play for another club this season, already played for livinand Dundee and you’re only allowed to play for 2 clubs in the one season.

Ah ok thanks for that!

Ozyhibby
31-12-2018, 10:44 AM
True, but how is he, like Lennon, going to replicate that at Hibs, he won't, his best days are in the past at Celtic. Nope not for me I'm afraid.

And he thinks Barry bannon is a better player than John McGinn. Not for me thanks.

James Stephen
31-12-2018, 10:54 AM
We’ll agree on that one flash. The guy is a joy to watch and will be even harder to replace than McGinn and McGeouch imo.

I understand what you mean, but the thing is in Scotland you dont need to have top class centre halves for them to be good, or part of a good defensive unit.

For my money, it's always possible to pick up a decent centre half, and Porteous emerging is a huge benefit that eases the problem a bit.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Motherwell selling a player to Leeds and Livi take Ainsworth who used to be at Motherwell on trial!

southsider
31-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Motherwell selling a player to Leeds and Livi take Ainsworth who used to be at Motherwell on trial!

We need a Grant Holt type in. No one bullied big Grant

eastcoasthibby
31-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Yup. No thanks from me. He’d be a downgrade on the guys we brought in in the summer imo.

Ahhh but he would be cheap though !!!!

cloudy
31-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Let’s no waste time get Ryan Gauld, Scott Allan and Tom Eaves all in before the team leave for the winter training camp.

Ozyhibby
31-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Nobody worried about it too much either because he never scored either.[emoji23]

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 11:58 AM

What about the boy who went to Iran with Stokes? I’m sure he was a big unit?

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Nobody worried about to much either because he never scored either.[emoji23]

Apart from in derbies and Scottish Cup Semis it’s a good point.

MacGruber
31-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Simon Murray would be an upgrade! 😲

Cocaine&Caviar
31-12-2018, 12:06 PM
If we can put out the below for the remainder of the season, id still be confident of 5th:

Marciano

SDG Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Allan Horgan

Flo MacLaren

Billychaotic182
31-12-2018, 12:12 PM
If we can put out the below for the remainder of the season, id still be confident of 5th:

Marciano

Flo MacLaren

That’s not a bad team

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 12:12 PM

Marciano

Flo MacLaren

5th from the bottom maybe.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 12:16 PM

Marciano

Flo MacLaren

I don’t think we’d drop any further down the league but I think that team would be battling for top 6 at best.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 12:18 PM
I don’t think we’d drop any further down the league but I think that team would be battling for top 6 at best.

We need a massive spark to make the top six.

Zazu62
31-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Marciano

Flo MacLaren

Yeah flo and MacLaren isn’t working tho

500miles
31-12-2018, 12:21 PM
That’s not a bad team
It's not happened yet because of injuries , but our best team is a 451/433. Given the likely ins and outs, I'd suggest the below.

.........Bogdan
.Gray.Porteous.Hanlon.Stevenson
.......Slivka.Allan
..Boyle...Mallan.. Horgan
......... Kamberi

If Agyepong could get fit, I reckon we'd tear teams apart, he looked absolutely electric. Mallan can't play deep either, but with pace infront of him and Allan's passing behind, he'd get loads of chances from outside the box.

Still lacking a dominant midfielder, but would hope increased numbers would give us the presence we need.

500miles
31-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Yeah flo and MacLaren isn’t working tho
Maclaren hasn't been fit at all and Flo is taking the hump at lack of service.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Playing two wingers with two up top wouldn’t change that.

Did Mclaren play for Australia yesterday?

500miles
31-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Playing two wingers with two up top wouldn’t change that.

Did Mclaren play for Australia yesterday?

Didn't even get in the bench. Given it was a friendly with unlimited subs, I'd suggest it's a fitness issue.

It also depends on the wingers and who is supplying the chances from midfield. Our biggest problem with 442 is lack of athleticism in the middle.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Didn't even get in the bench. Given it was a friendly with unlimited subs, I'd suggest it's a fitness issue.

It also depends on the wingers and who is supplying the chances from midfield. Our biggest problem with 442 is lack of athleticism in the middle.

Definitely true 👍 also composure there’s literally no compose in the centre of the park. Tony Watt is out of contract and having a fine season, I wonder if the Lennon link could see him come in?

MacGruber
31-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Definitely true 👍 also composure there’s literally no compose in the centre of the park. Tony Watt is out of contract and having a fine season, I wonder if the Lennon link could see him come in?

God I hope not. Each to their own but think Watt is a waste of talent

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 12:36 PM
God I hope not. Each to their own but think Watt is a waste of talent

He seems to have knuckled down a lot. Said Shankland in the summer before his new deal with Ayr, ship looks sailed though.

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2018, 12:38 PM

I thought MacLaren came off the bench as sub in 2nd half? Apologies if I'm imagining it.

we are hibs
31-12-2018, 12:43 PM
I thought MacLaren came off the bench as sub in 2nd half? Apologies if I'm imagining it.

He did. As did Boyle.

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2018, 12:49 PM
He did. As did Boyle.

Cheers, thought I was losing it after continuous festive indulgence.

oldbutdim
31-12-2018, 12:59 PM

If ever a player deserved to have TWATT on his jersey...…………………………...

500miles
31-12-2018, 01:12 PM

I went with the Google update, but that's also got the score as 4 0.....

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2018, 02:23 PM
I went with the Google update, but that's also got the score as 4 0.....

No worries mate, it's been a long few days, thought I'd lost my marbles haha

J-C
31-12-2018, 02:43 PM
It took you until the last 4 months to appreciate Efe??

Yes it did, I wasn't a fan and thought he made too many errors, very erratic at times, but over the past 4 months he's shown me how good he can be, maybe by having more responsibility has helped him focus. By the way you do know that we don't all have to like the same players, I'm also not a fan of Bartley, appreciate what he does bring but for me adds little except being an enforcer type player, it's called an opinion and like a lot on this forum we are allowed them.

J-C
31-12-2018, 02:46 PM
A homecare - an insult I’ve never heard before.

Haha bloody autocorrect on the phone, obviously meant bombscare :greengrin

CapitalGreen
31-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes it did, I wasn't a fan and thought he made too many errors, very erratic at times, but over the past 4 months he's shown me how good he can be, maybe by having more responsibility has helped him focus. By the way you do know that we don't all have to like the same players, I'm also not a fan of Bartley, appreciate what he does bring but for me adds little except being an enforcer type player, it's called an opinion and like a lot on this forum we are allowed them.

To be fair it was a bloody awful opinion.

J-C
31-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Ah! I see the forum police are out in force again, this place really is grating on my ****ing nerves nowadays, far too many opinions and people all too ready to be cheeky *******s, with so called cheeky quips, FFS. :grr:

Squirrel 1875
31-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Ah! I see the forum police are out in force again, this place really is grating on my ****ing nerves nowadays, far too many opinions and people all too ready to be cheeky *******s, with so called cheeky quips, FFS. :grr:

That’s enough internet for you for one day, big stuff. A lie down and a hot flannel required imo.

Winston Ingram
31-12-2018, 04:08 PM

Is their any evidence of this or is it another Hibs.net myth?

Captain Trips
31-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Get Marvin Bartley at the base of the midfield and take it from their IMO.

B.H.F.C
31-12-2018, 04:16 PM

We need someone in there to get us playing football from deep again.

Based on what we have now I’d play Marv if fit but I hope we can get better. He’s another that hasn’t played much in the last year for different reasons.

PatHead
31-12-2018, 04:22 PM

He has a back problem. I was told by someone in Easter Road that I trust.

Michael
31-12-2018, 04:25 PM

3 league goals? Not very impressive for a forward.

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 04:25 PM

Yep. One of the ones Lennon is talking about when he says players keep coming back and then breaking down again.

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 04:26 PM

2 more than Maclaren and he's a much better all round footballer. Sure he's got more than a few assists too.

500miles
31-12-2018, 04:31 PM
We need someone in there to get us playing football from deep again.

Based on what we have now I’d play Marv if fit but I hope we can get better. He’s another that hasn’t played much in the last year for different reasons.

I'd have said the same last year, but Marv has been sensational whenever called upon this year, including Europe. Maybe in a Mcginn-less team, there's a place for an outright enforcer to protect Allan and Mallan types.

SRHibs
31-12-2018, 04:32 PM

You seem to have a massive issue with this place ever since TheCat got “forced out” to be honest.

500miles
31-12-2018, 04:39 PM

Back problems were noted by Lennon in the press?

bingo70
31-12-2018, 04:39 PM

He wasn’t good enough for our midfield last season so imo we shouldn’t be striving for a midfield that is poorer than last season. Same applies to Slivka.

I love Bartley and think he’s good for the club but i would rather he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.

J-C
31-12-2018, 04:41 PM
That’s enough internet for you for one day, big stuff. A lie down and a hot flannel required imo.

And we have another smart arsed answer, well done.

You seem to have a massive issue with this place ever since TheCat got “forced out” to be honest.

Not really bud, TC is his own man and made a decision to leave, he was not forced out but got fed up with all the digs and sarcy snipes at him. This forum used to be a place where we all came to talk about games and Hibs in general, we could exchange views without all the personal keyboard warrior stuff, too many faceless smart ***** trying to be comedians nowadays.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Yet we let him play in the Golf day?

Lago
31-12-2018, 05:09 PM

Why ? Because you didn't agree with it !!

ThomasAgyepong
31-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Players I would personally attempt to bring in (if I was the manager)
In: Pavol Safranko (Dundee United) Scott Allan (Celtic)
George Honeyman (Sunderland) Adam Bogdan(Pre-Contract, Liverpool) Lawrence Shankland (Ayr United) Stephen Dobbie (QOTS)
Niklas Gunnarson (Djurgårdens IF) Lee Erwin (Free Agent)
Jordan Jones (Pre- Contract) Lewis Morgan (Loan, Celtic) Eboue Kouassi (Loan,Celtic) Fraser Fyvie (Dundee United) Sam Stanton (Dundee United)
Glen Kamara (Dundee). Obviously couldn’t bring in all these players at once but just a suggestion.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:13 PM

His stats this season have been very good. Upped his game became less selfish and is built up, still with the skill. 2 years time it will be the kind of thing regretting not signing. Just like Shankland.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:15 PM
He wasn’t good enough for our midfield last season so imo we shouldn’t be striving for a midfield that is poorer than last season. Same applies to Slivka.

I love Bartley and think he’s good for the club but i would rather he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.
Marvs been excellent for us since we signed him 3 years ago. The reality is we are never going to replace that midfield mate our best bet is to have marv and another rock in the middle with him and Scott Allan playing infront behind the strikers.

horseflesh
31-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Don’t see the need, Efe can supply the midfield all day long

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:17 PM
His stats this season have been very good. Upped his game became less selfish and is built up, still with the skill. 2 years time it will be the kind of thing regretting not signing. Just like Shankland.

Lennon will never sign Tony watt he doesn't like him. I'm sure he binned him after a season of him sitting on the bench.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Don’t see the need, Efe can supply the midfield all day long

If he's here pal! Ave always said he would be a cracking cdm like

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Lennon will never sign Tony watt he doesn't like him. I'm sure he binned him after a season of him sitting on the bench.

That’s that then 👍 he did assist in the biggest managerial win he will ever have though.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:21 PM
That’s that then 👍 he did assist in the biggest managerial win he will ever have though.

Aye true bud ave always liked him like! A reckon if we got that McCormack up top wi kamberi they would link up really well

Billy Whizz
31-12-2018, 05:23 PM
George Honeyman (Sunderland) Adam Bogdan(Pre-Contract, Liverpool) Lawrence Shankland (Ayr United) Stephen Dobbie (QOTS)
Jordan Jones (Pre- Contract) Lewis Morgan (Loan, Celtic) Eboue Kouassi (Loan,Celtic) Fraser Fyvie (Dundee United) Sam Stanton (Dundee United)
Glen Kamara (Dundee). Obviously couldn’t bring in all these players at once but just a suggestion.
What about Agyepong, Thomas

ThomasAgyepong
31-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Just seen that Cillian Sheridan has left his polish team. Maybe another one to consider.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Just seen that Cillian Sheridan has left his polish team. Maybe another one to consider.

No from me. Another squad filler IMO.

ThomasAgyepong
31-12-2018, 05:25 PM
What about Agyepong, Thomas

👀🤐

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Aye true bud ave always liked him like! A reckon if we got that McCormack up top wi kamberi they would link up really well

I would go for McCormack tip of the diamond Allan and Boyle left right and a guy like Watt or Erwin up top with Flo. Allan likes drifting in and out to the side and McCormack would be excellent in a Kristian Commons role.

ThomasAgyepong
31-12-2018, 05:26 PM
No from me. Another squad filler IMO.

Maybe. Was just thinking because he is currently something we don’t have. A tall, physical striker.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:28 PM

Sheridan’s a class player.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I would go for McCormack tip of the diamond Allan and Boyle left right and a guy like Watt or Erwin up top with Flo. Allan likes drifting in and out to the side and McCormack would be excellent in a Kristian Commons role.

Aye definitely mate that erwin was decent wi killie is he a free agent now aye?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Sheridan’s a class player.

He was decent back in the day no seen him play in 6 years easily is he still good

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Still holding out for the other Sparky I’m hoping.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Aye definitely mate that erwin was decent wi killie is he a free agent now aye?

Aye left Iran with Stokesy 😂😂

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 05:31 PM
He was decent back in the day no seen him play in 6 years easily is he still good

He was fantastic in Bulgaria and was loving life in Poland, not sure why he’s left pal.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Thought they both went back?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:32 PM

😂😂😂 is that where he ended up aswell fs man that's random **** like ae

Winston Ingram
31-12-2018, 05:33 PM

So no confirmation of this, just a ropey piece of ITK then?

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Maybe. Was just thinking because he is currently something we don’t have. A tall, physical striker.

To be fair I’ve no idea how he’s been doing out there. Someone in his mould would be handy but hopefully a higher standard.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:35 PM
He was fantastic in Bulgaria and was loving life in Poland, not sure why he’s left pal.

He's had a bit of a nomad career since Celtic ae it'll be interesting to see who lenny has lined up man hopefully it's no another free agent that comes injured and sits on the bench

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:38 PM
To be fair I’ve no idea how he’s been doing out there. Someone in his mould would be handy but hopefully a higher standard.

His goal ratio looks pretty decent like could be well worth a shout bud

CMurdoch
31-12-2018, 05:45 PM

I would get him signed up on a deal until the summer.
29 years old, 6'5" tall, has been playing in the Polish top flight.
Good experienced pro and not too old.

Best get him signed before Potter see's how tall he is!

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:47 PM

😂😂👍

Col2
31-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Porteous has just changed his Instagram page to a picture of him and Scott Allan. Don’t you just love ctransfer windows! 👍👍

Edit: just looked again. One of many 2018 “highlights” pics but it’s the first one!!

ThomasAgyepong
What about Stephen Dobbie? Old but like Kenny Miller has proven that he can still score on a consistent basis.

Connollys11
Porteous has just changed his Instagram page to a picture of him and Scott Allan. Don’t you just love ctransfer windows! 👍👍

Can only hope and pray bro we need an uplift

Haymaker
31-12-2018, 05:52 PM
:hyper

Billy Whizz
31-12-2018, 05:57 PM

He was at the game on Saturday too

Keyser Sauzee
31-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Sam Stanton, seriously????

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 05:59 PM
What about Stephen Dobbie? Old but like Kenny Miller has proven that he can still score on a consistent basis.

Stephen dobbie has been on fire I would have him in a heartbeat pal but I think he's got his heart set on finishing at queens as he wants to pay them back for them giving him a chance after he left us.

hibees 7062
31-12-2018, 06:00 PM

Or St Johnstone beat us to him again

Radium
31-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Settled family in the North of England which makes QOTS his best fit.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:01 PM

A always thought he was technically decent to be fair wouldn't have him back though.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Or St Johnstone beat us to him again

😂😂 it's unreal the amount of pub teams that have beaten us to players man ae

HFC_NYC
31-12-2018, 06:06 PM

Edit: just looked again. One of many 2018 “highlights” pics but it’s the first one!!

Good lord. I read that as Potter has just changed his Instagram page and very nearly threw my phone across the room.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Good lord. I read that as Potter has just changed his Instagram page and very nearly threw my phone across the room.

Hahaha that wouldn't even surprise me the way this season's going by the way

ThomasAgyepong
31-12-2018, 06:11 PM

I don’t know. I’m pretty sure he is doing well at United. Like I said just a suggestion.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I don’t know. I’m pretty sure he is doing well at United. Like I said just a suggestion.

Got anymore

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:13 PM

He was decent with us but he played in some horrendous teams so maybe he just looked decent next to the likes of claros and deegan! The laddie never got a sniff under Stubbs

J-C
31-12-2018, 06:14 PM

This was the guy who wasn't good enough for us after many many chances to prove himself, was always a decent player for a Championship club but suggesting we go back and sign him does make me laugh.

Keyser Sauzee
31-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Hopefully it stays just a suggestion. Sam Stanton isn’t going to be the player turn our season round.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Got anymore

Thomas showumni, Alan orman, edwin de Graff, brian Kerr, palsson! Also heard big Rowan vines a free agent by all accounts that laddies a goal machine

Weegreenman
31-12-2018, 06:16 PM

Garanteed goals but did he no just sign a ing a new contract with his current club?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Garanteed goals but did he no just sign a ing a new contract with his current club?

Aye he's queens till he dies bro

Zazu62
31-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Anyone reckon we should take a look at some Livi players? Hardie/Pittman?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Sure hardies going back to der huns early mate I would take both though.

Squealing pig
31-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Dunno if been posted but heard Allan is a 100% coming in January

bodhibs
31-12-2018, 06:50 PM

Should be fit for the split then 😉

Hibeesmad
31-12-2018, 06:56 PM
I’m expecting 4 or 5 signings this window. First one by the end of the week

Keyser Sauzee
31-12-2018, 06:59 PM

Both would be good additions, Hardie is going to be a very good player Huns will hold onto him I think

eastmainsmsh
31-12-2018, 08:08 PM

Ditto

SRHibs
31-12-2018, 08:16 PM
I think we should buy a bunch of pish from QotS, Livi, and Dundee United, then we can all sit down and brainstorm about what we're going to do with our title money.

SteveHFC
31-12-2018, 08:17 PM
I think we should buy a punch of pish from the QotS, Livi, and Dundee United, then we can all sit down and brainstorm about what we're going to do with our title money.

I like this idea very much.

Joe6-2
31-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Hope from a good source, and hope it's true!

Diclonius
31-12-2018, 09:25 PM
I’m expecting 4 or 5 signings this window. First one by the end of the week

First signing in the middle of the window, second on deadline day.

Joe6-2
31-12-2018, 09:26 PM

Probably

bodhibs
31-12-2018, 09:26 PM

Hibs class ic

PISTOL1875
31-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Also heard from a good source that Scott Allan is away to America in the window...

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Also heard from a good source that Scott Allan is away to America in the window...

Well that’s well and truely pissed on my chips!

PISTOL1875
31-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Well that’s well and truely pissed on my chips!

The guy I know is usually spot on when he gives me info as well.....

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2018, 09:47 PM

oh oh

CallumLaidlaw
31-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Hearts linked to Charlie Adam again in the papers.

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 09:49 PM

No doubt to not believe you mate.

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Hearts linked to Charlie Adam again in the papers.

guid left peg on him

bodhibs
31-12-2018, 09:52 PM

.net transfer exclusive, pistol signs for twitter following relentless hounding after a rumour failed to materalise...

The 90+2
31-12-2018, 09:53 PM
guid left peg on him

About five feet and finished. Although you could have said the same about Naismith.

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Funny way to get to the Hibs training camp..

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2018, 10:05 PM
About five feet and finished. Although you could have said the same about Naismith.

try over 6ft :wink:

Hermit Crab
31-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Signed anyone yet?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Petries on horse and cart riding doon London road wi Scott Allan

bingo70
31-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Anyone noticed Ryan Porteous first picture on Instagram tonight?

For those dinosaurs amongst us, it’s a picture of him cuddling Scott Allan.

(It’s amongst 7 other pictures saying what a great year 2018 has been but I’m ignoring those other ones and concentrating on the first one being of him and Scott Allan)

PatHead
31-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Still no signings yet.

Hermit Crab
31-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Anyone noticed Ryan Porteous first picture on Instagram tonight?

For those dinosaurs amongst us, it’s a picture of him cuddling Scott Allan.

(It’s amongst 7 other pictures saying what a great year 2018 has been but I’m ignoring those other ones and concentrating on the first one being of him and Scott Allan)

:hmmm:

hibsfan
01-01-2019, 12:36 AM
Genuinely not looking to get folks’ hopes up here... but has anyone else heard the rumour about Celtic being ready to release Leigh from his contract and us being in talks with him? Didn’t believe it was likely but the source is usually pretty reliable.

Connollys11
01-01-2019, 12:45 AM
Genuinely not looking to get folks’ hopes up here... but has anyone else heard the rumour about Celtic being ready to release Leigh from his contract and us being in talks with him? Didn’t believe it was likely but the source is usually pretty reliable.

Hopefully that's true he belongs at Easter road with his own.

GGTTH07
01-01-2019, 12:47 AM

Of course would love it but won’t happen. He’s on 4 year deal at roughly 20g a week, why on earth would he come to hibs for say 3g a week tops?

southsider
01-01-2019, 01:16 AM

Jordan Jones in a heartbeat but he may be Govan (well it is New Year !) bound

Hermit Crab
01-01-2019, 01:23 AM

Absolutely no chance imo.

Tornadoes70
01-01-2019, 01:48 AM
Signed anyone yet?

Be better asking Connelly11 and 90plustwo among others who're galloping about here like king billys horsemen.

ffs.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Haymaker
01-01-2019, 01:52 AM

Tornadoes70
01-01-2019, 02:00 AM
As much as I admire the job admins on here do they're completely gullible to the yamhuns that openly masquerade on here. Get a grip ffs,

They're openly taking the pee and spreading discord.

Something else that's always bothered me is us hibs supporters don't speak up enough!!!

HibeeMackenzie
01-01-2019, 05:11 AM
Scotty Allan is mls bound as far as I’ve heard although I’d love for that to be wrong. Wouldn’t be surprised if Efe stayed

Forza Fred
01-01-2019, 05:57 AM

McCormack would be a disaster, both in playing and attitude terms.

And given that he is contracted to Villa until June 2020 can’t see him going anywhere soon...other than on holiday again, as he has been on one in Oz for a year.

BILLYHIBS
01-01-2019, 07:27 AM
The 2019 January transfer window is now open and where are HIBS ?

****ed off to Dubai!

Once again we will be left with the rejects, loanees, free transfers and nearly men that other teams do not want

Cmon HIBS lets break open the biscuit tin and bring in some real quality before it’s too late

The fans deserve better

Cmon the cabbage!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :greengrin

staunchhibby
01-01-2019, 07:32 AM
What's going on.No signings yet.😉

bingo70
01-01-2019, 08:08 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/neil-lennon-issues-hibs-supporters-13797853

Apologies if already posted but a bit of a warning for the Hibs Board from Lennon there.

J-C
01-01-2019, 08:23 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/neil-lennon-issues-hibs-supporters-13797853

Apologies if already posted but a bit of a warning for the Hibs Board from Lennon there.

A wee bit of a cheek seeing as the players he brought in aren't good or fit enough

we are hibs
01-01-2019, 08:23 AM
I find it worrying if he thinks we only need 2 or 3 players. That should be the midfield alone.

jeffers
01-01-2019, 08:24 AM

So the board needs to give him a lot more money to spend ‘cos he wasted the summer amount on players who clearly aren’t good enough, players he said at the time were ones he really wanted and had been tracking for a while. If I was the board I’d be asking why they should trust him to get it right this time. I get that some signings don’t work but other than Bogdan I’d question if any of his other summer signings have come anywhere close to being s success.

Heisenberg
01-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Scotty Allan is mls bound as far as I’ve heard although I’d love for that to be wrong. Wouldn’t be surprised if Efe stayed

I’m sure I’d read on here before that Allan didn’t want to move far from central Scotland due to his family. America would be quite the jump if that was true.

neil7908
01-01-2019, 08:40 AM

Think that's incredibly unlikely but who knows? He obviously has some serious, ongoing issues at the moment and maybe he and his family believe getting out of Glasgow and going back to where he's loved is more important than money?

Again, think it's 100 to 1 but I can just about see some logic in it.

Ryan69
01-01-2019, 08:44 AM
McCormack would be a disaster, both in playing and attitude terms.

And given that he is contracted to Villa until June 2020 can’t see him going anywhere soon...other than on holiday again, as he has been on one in Oz for a year.

You obviously know nothing about him.
He had one of(If not)the top goals to games averages in the league last year.

He cant really help that he has been injured pretty much since Aussie League started.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 08:47 AM

He cant really help that he has been injured pretty much since Aussie League started.

But the season before when in the championship only scored 4

Bleeds green
01-01-2019, 08:53 AM

I can categorically say with 100 percent certainty that ts utter crap. Complete made up tosh. Why? Probably to get a rumour started. And my source is as reliable as a source gets infact u can use the phrase ‘straight from the horses mouth’

Michael
01-01-2019, 08:54 AM
I find it worrying if he thinks we only need 2 or 3 players. That should be the midfield alone.

I think that's about right. If we signed 2 really good midfielders and a winger we'd be fine. Don't fancy our chances though tbh.

Heisenberg
01-01-2019, 08:55 AM

Not sure we need another injury prone older player on the books. Let him go to Motherwell.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 08:56 AM
I think that's about right. If we signed 2 really good midfielders and a winger we'd be fine. Don't fancy our chances though tbh.

We really need strikers

B.H.F.C
01-01-2019, 09:00 AM

I agree about the midfielders. It’s quality we need here. You’re not going to completely overhaul a squad in January.

And Lennon needs to do his job properly and get more out of what he has as well.

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2019, 09:02 AM
I can categorically say with 100 percent certainty that ts utter crap. Complete made up tosh. Why? Probably to get a rumour started. And my source is as reliable as a source gets infact u can use the phrase ‘straight from the horses mouth’

this

hibsfan
01-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Honestly - a discussion from a couple of days ago, but as I said... didn’t believe it myself - and his latest IG post specifically says he will be back for ‘the team’ in 2019 with pics of him winning trophies with Celtic - so suggests he is indeed staying put.

we are hibs
01-01-2019, 09:08 AM

We also need to potentially replace efe and need at least one forward in. I would be saying minimum 5 needed.

Smartie
01-01-2019, 09:09 AM
A wee bit of a cheek seeing as the players he brought in aren't good or fit enough

I sort of agree with him.

The signings have underperformed for whatever reason.

I'm not convinced Kamberi, McLaren and Hyndman aren't capable of much better. We should expect more from Australia's captain and Agyepong has barely kicked a ball.

These players should all be good enough but we've not got enough out of them.

It's unrealistic to expect to replace them all, so he'll need to add a few and somehow get more from what he's already got.

Ryan69
01-01-2019, 09:12 AM
But the season before when in the championship only scored 4

The poster was pointing out how he was obviously using Australia as a holiday,where in reality when available....He has been one of the best in the league!

J-C
01-01-2019, 09:13 AM

I'm not convinced Kamberi, McLaren and Hyndman aren't capable of much better. We should expect more from Australia's captain and Agyepong has barely kicked a ball.

It's unrealistic to expect to replace them all, so he'll need to add a few and somehow get more from what he's already got.

Surely it's up to him and his staff to get the best out of them.

Borderhibbie76
01-01-2019, 09:17 AM

It's unrealistic to expect to replace them all, so he'll need to add a few and somehow get more from what he's already got.HE hasn't got the best of them...he's the coach it's his job to maximise their potential and for whatever reason(s) he hasn't. So his dig at the board is a bit cheeky if you ask me...yet another example of Lennon acting like he's bigger than the club. Happy for him to stay and turn this around but he needs to ditch this Billy big baws attitude and start taking some responsibility for the fact we are underperforming massively atm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
01-01-2019, 09:26 AM

I watched every game he played in last year.

Most of his goals came from free kicks or penalties.

His disciplinary record at both Aston Villa and Melbourne City was questionable..

His second holiday was with Central Coast Mariners....he’s supposedly injured just now, but check out where his current team are on the league ladder...indicative of what he can now attract in Oz.

oldbutdim
01-01-2019, 09:33 AM

And that’s a pretty poor attempt at starting a rumour torpedoed.

Well done that man.
:thumbsup:

Gloucester Hibs
01-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Ross McCormack certainly seemed to be ripping the pish at Villa, see the “Gate Gate” incident, for instance!

Ryan69
01-01-2019, 09:36 AM
I watched every game he played in last year.

Most of his goals came from free kicks or penalties.

His disciplinary record at both Aston Villa and Melbourne City was questionable..

His second holiday was with Central Coast Mariners....he’s supposedly injured just now, but check out where his current team are on the league ladder...indicative of what he can now attract in Oz.

I pretty much watched every game also,and if you cannot actually agree that last season he was by far Melbourne Citys best player....You obviously never watched nearly as much as you say.

MacGruber
01-01-2019, 09:49 AM

Who was the poster in the summer that was taking the p***? McGinn to Everton, 5pm, etc etc and on the complete wind up.

Leigh Griffiths isn't coming this window or any forseeable one - maybe when he is 35 or something

berwickhibee
01-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Josh campbell away to airdrie on loan👍⚽💚

Brightside
01-01-2019, 10:09 AM

No

CRAZYHIBBY
01-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Scott allan seen singing the david gray song whilst downing champagne and carrying a tub of hair gel...can only mean one thing

Albanian Hibs
01-01-2019, 11:12 AM

🤣🤣🤣

Zazu62
01-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Well according to the cats twitter we are after Shankland not the only club tho

stevie-bee
01-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Hyndman back to Bournemouth

matty_f
01-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Hyndman back to Bournemouth

I think he'll be disappointed with how he did here, he's at a club that plays at a much higher level than we do and if he can't make an impact here, he's going to have to massively improve to make it there.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Heard anything about SA?

Hibee Mac
01-01-2019, 11:49 AM
I think he'll be disappointed with how he did here, he's at a club that plays at a much higher level than we do and if he can't make an impact here, he's going to have to massively improve to make it there.

He'll never make it at Bournemouth

madhatter
01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Any news on Agyepong? I am expecting his loan being terminated.

Hibee Mac
01-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Jeez I forgot he was even here

Souter96Mac
01-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Think he'll be next

Jim44
01-01-2019, 12:00 PM

It’s a case of booking an ambulance to take him back to Manchester I would imagine. :greengrin

Zazu62
01-01-2019, 12:00 PM
What’s Brandon barker up too?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2019, 12:01 PM
What’s Brandon barker up too?

Injured

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Is it possible we work something out with Man City where we keep him for free?
They surely don’t want him back and it’s not in the players interest, although it’s clear we can’t keep paying for him. Maybe a deal gets done there.

Forza Fred
01-01-2019, 12:04 PM
I pretty much watched every game also,and if you cannot actually agree that last season he was by far Melbourne Citys best player....You obviously never watched nearly as much as you say.

I watched every game he played in.

I do not in the slightest agree that he was City's best player by any means.

Hence why they did not seek to extend his loan deal, and hence why he subsequently came on loan to Australia's basement dwellers, Central Coast Mariners.

We obviously disagree on how good/bad the player in question is, and we're probably best to leave it at that.

matty_f
01-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Injured

Exactly the kind of loan signing we like to make!

Smartie
01-01-2019, 12:22 PM
I watched every game he played in.

I do not in the slightest agree that he was City's best player by any means.

Hence why they did not seek to extend his loan deal, and hence why he subsequently came on loan to Australia's basement dwellers, Central Coast Mariners.

We obviously disagree on how good/bad the player in question is, and we're probably best to leave it at that.

I'm watching the Sunderland documentary on Netflix at the moment.

Quite a big bit was made of them missing out on signing Ross McCormack at the end of the August transfer window, and a lot of their trouble that season was their struggle to score goals.

But I thought McCormack subsequently went to Australia and failed to make a brilliant impact over there? He was very poor at Villa prior to that and to all intents and purposes seems to me to be finished (and I say this having not seen him play 1 minute of football but only going on reports I have heard).

I'm not sure I'd be desperate for us to sign him.

Lago
01-01-2019, 12:25 PM

'Neigh' bother then.:greengrin

hibs#1
01-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm watching the Sunderland documentary on Netflix at the moment.

Quite a big bit was made of them missing out on signing Ross McCormack at the end of the August transfer window, and a lot of their trouble that season was their struggle to score goals.

But I thought McCormack subsequently went to Australia and failed to make a brilliant impact over there? He was very poor at Villa prior to that and to all intents and purposes seems to me to be finished (and I say this having not seen him play 1 minute of football but only going on reports I have heard).

I'm not sure I'd be desperate for us to sign him.

I wouldn't be massively excited about signing him either. Seen quite a few twitter posts about him going to Motherwell on loan.

Dr Jimmy
01-01-2019, 12:29 PM

What’s his twitter “address”. Too old to know the correct term, but may try and follow him.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2019, 12:32 PM

I spoke to a person well connected with the club, they said we are not after Shankland, their opinion of him was that he's not the player everyone thinks he is. He's not been great at other clubs he's been at.

CapitalGreen
01-01-2019, 12:34 PM
What’s his twitter “address”. Too old to know the correct term, but may try and follow him.

@frauddiewhite23

J-C
01-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Freddiewhite23

Dr Jimmy
01-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Cheers. I now have to persuade one of my kids to show me how to work Twitter 👴🏻
That will be a Christmas miracle ✨

21sMay
01-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Lennon wants to bring a young center midfielder from Chelsea in on loan .

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Lennon wants to bring a young center midfielder from Chelsea in on loan .

Chelsea probably have about 30 players that fit that description.

The Green Goblin
01-01-2019, 12:50 PM
This thread is like rumour clay pigeon shooting. 😂