PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]

worcesterhibby
31-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Would love to say I’m happy with this transfer window. I’m not though tbh.

Cant see these changes taking us into Europe. Sorry. Hope I’m wrong.

We are in 8th place thanks to lennon. Jurgen Klopp as manager and Messi in till we get Scott Allan and we would still struggle to qualify for Europe this year...what planet are you on. It's been a very decent window considering how hard it is to get quality in January.

Speedway
31-01-2019, 10:55 PM
You can’t seriously think that’s a great window for us

I didn’t say it was. I asked what you expected.

Hibbyradge
Mcnulty definitely an upgrade on Mclaren but c’mon Darnell an upgrade on efe?plus a guy that can’t get a game for Motherwell so yes same old Hibs Board

We don't have a manager.

Short term signings were always on the cards.

I'm actually surprised anyone did sign for us without a manager.

Same old sorrow sorrow. Lost.

Ozyhibby
10 mins to go and likely we are done. Has to be said that it is another disappointing window.
Not a criticism of any of the players who have came in but it’s just not enough.
We still only have 3 strikers. I can’t understand why we would only have 3 strikers for a whole season?
We have 3 fit centre half’s and two of them having been having injury problems recently.
Bigrimana seems to be a recognition that Milligan has been hopeless so at least the club are trying to put things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BegbieHSC
Into Europe, from this position??? 😂😂😂😂

I was trying to sound a wee bit more optimistic 😂😂😂. I actually did mean top six.

sorrow sorrow
Welt r u

Tough guy

B.H.F.C
31-01-2019, 10:56 PM

Of course it hasn’t been. Today wasn’t the issue though. It was damage limitation, try to get some bodies in to help until the end of the season.

The early part of the window, the 25 days before the Lennon nonsense kicked off, was the issue for me.

One Day Soon
So far, so spot on.

Not gone crazy because we need to await a manager and then spend in the summer but just enough to give us a decent chance of top 6.

Stubbs next please.

HappyAsHellas
Happy clapper kinda guy r u

nah, grumpy old git who's followed Hibs since the late 60's but can see when the board are doing the best they can under the circumstances, and whichever way you look at it they've done well over the last week or so.

madhatter
Happy clapper kinda guy r u

Fear is the path to the dark side

hibbyfraelibby
I think we’ve done more or less what we needed to do. I’d have liked another striker like most folk

But without a manager we were never going to sign anyone on a long term deal

Why do people keep refering to us not having a manager? We have a vacancy fod a head coach two entirely different roles.

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2019, 10:57 PM

True, you signed a big huddy even your manager said was pish.

Keyser Sauzee
I was trying to sound a wee bit more optimistic 😂😂😂. I actually did mean top six.

Fair enough, I wouldn’t be too surprised if this squad managed 6th place tbh.

One Day Soon
Tough guy

You did ask for it.

badabing67
10 mins to go and likely we are done. Has to be said that it is another disappointing window.
Not a criticism of any of the players who have came in but it’s just not enough.
We still only have 3 strikers. I can’t understand why we would only have 3 strikers for a whole season?
We have 3 fit centre half’s and two of them having been having injury problems recently.
Bigrimana seems to be a recognition that Milligan has been hopeless so at least the club are trying to put things right.

I take it Lewis Allan is staying and not off to Dunfermline

sorrow sorrow
I didn’t say it was. I asked what you expected.

I wanted a replacement for Boyle at least,he has his critics but we miss a out and out winger

BobMilne
Could be worse. Could have signed a pod cast couch. Ggtth 😫

Not In The Know
31-01-2019, 10:58 PM
With Boyle and Porteous out for the season and efe gone,that is a pathetic window for hibs.NO AMBITION

Yam fud.

Must try harder, maybe even start by repairing the leaks in the 18 million pound office block you are trying to build.

Blaster
Why do people keep refering to us not having a manager? We have a vacancy fod a head coach two entirely different roles.

Still have significant input into players he would like irrespective of his title

calumhibee1

Maybe Bigirimana was signed so that Milligan can be used exclusively as a CB?

Hibbyradge

Because they mean the same thing.

Hibernianinc
2 short term loans 1 short term signing on a deadline day we really needed quality players,same old Hibs Board

You're no a hibbie.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2019, 10:59 PM

Call it whatever you want it’s the guy that looks after the first team.

Gmack7
31-01-2019, 10:59 PM
I wanted a replacement for Boyle at least,he has his critics but we miss a out and out winger

Agyepong hopefully

madhatter
31-01-2019, 11:00 PM

Whats this fascination with more strikers? You think any club can have 2 good strikers sitting on the bench all season? Not even Barcelona have that. Cannot just sign players incase other ones get injured. At a certain point you need to say "we have enough". Imagine we could've had 2 mediocre strikers vs McNulty. What would people take?

Club clearly don't want to stunt the growth of Shaw either.

Ozyhibby

Hope not, he is even worse there. Far too slow.

zitelli62
All over.

kentao

Roarie Deacon has been released by Dundee, He might be able to do a job till boyle returns.

Speedway

You’ve got him in the shape of Tam Pongy

Nevi_SOL
00:00

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Where this statement we were promised?

MacGruber
I think we’ve done more or less what we needed to do. I’d have liked another striker like most folk

But without a manager we were never going to sign anyone on a long term deal

Not so sure. We were 2 strikers short, a winger and a centre half, pace in the team and wanted Allan.

We got 1 striker but lost 1. Short of options up top still
We got 1 centre half but lost 1 in Porteous
No winger
No Allan
No pace.
One thing we didn't need was another centre mid.

On the plus side McNulty on paper is a very good signing and should contribute more than McLaren.
Johnson could be good too - well thought of obviously at Leicester
As for the Motherwell midfielder I have no idea why we've done that. Can he play wide? Up top?

Overall a bit disappointed but we'll see how they do.

sorrow sorrow
True, you signed a big huddy even your manager said was pish.

Oh what a stupid answer.c’mon I don’t think it’s a great window that’s all

Ronniekirk
Then the bad news

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9676

Silky
31-01-2019, 11:02 PM
McNulty is certainly an upgrade on Maclaren. However, Boyle and Ryan out for the season and Efe off, boy who can’t get a start for Motherwell instead of Allan and a defender from Leicester who won’t be as good as Efe.

**** sake.

Why won't he be as good as Efe? Have you seen him? I have seen absolutely no evidence to suggest he is in any way crap. Birigimana seems to be a decent player. I'm puzzled as to who we actually wanted. Who was out there in our price range who was better?

BegbieHSC
31-01-2019, 11:02 PM
00:02

Pish

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Acceptable given the circumstances.

Gordy M
Right, so where are we squad wise?

2 decent keepers

RB - Gray/Whittaker
LB - Stevenson/Mackie
CB - Hanlon / McGregor / Johnson
M - Birigimana / Omeonga / Slivka / Milligan / Bartley / Gauld / Mallan / Aygepong
F - McNulty / Kamberi / Shaw

Prob missed someone one or two!!

Iain G
Not so sure. We were 2 strikers short, a winger and a centre half, pace in the team and wanted Allan.

We got 1 striker but lost 1. Short of options up top still
We got 1 centre half but lost 1 in Porteous
No winger
No Allan
No pace.
One thing we didn't need was another centre mid.

On the plus side McNulty on paper is a very good signing and should contribute more than McLaren.
Johnson could be good too - well thought of obviously at Leicester
As for the Motherwell midfielder I have no idea why we've done that. Can he play wide? Up top?

Overall a bit disappointed but we'll see how they do.

It sounds like he may be the guy to take the ball from the defence and pass it forward, instead of them hitting it long?

sorrow sorrow
You’ve got him in the shape of Tam Pongy

If he can get a wee run going he could certainly be the answer,looked very promising in the Aberdeen game

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:04 PM

2 decent keepers

RB - Gray/Whittaker
LB - Stevenson/Mackie
M - Bigiriami / Omeonga / Slivka / Milligan / Bartley / Gauld / Mallan / Aygepong

Can see Agyepong being shifted further forward when fit.

Iain G
31-01-2019, 11:05 PM

2 decent keepers

RB - Gray/Whittaker
LB - Stevenson/Mackie
M - Bigiriami / Omeonga / Slivka / Milligan / Bartley / Gauld / Mallan / Aygepong

Add in Nelom and Fraser and Allan up front

worcesterhibby
31-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Mcnulty definitely an upgrade on Mclaren but c’mon Darnell an upgrade on efe?plus a guy that can’t get a game for Motherwell so yes same old Hibs Board

I don't like to accuse people unfairly..so just looked at the sum and total of your 50 odd posts.

about 40 of them are slagging off hibs players or Hibs staff. About three slag off the scotland team and in the first three you are a massive happy clapper telling everyone we will come 3rd in the league. If you are a hibs watcher (you are certainly not a supporter) then take a chill pill...otherwise go back to Follow Follow or Brokeback or wherever you came from.

Mr Grieves
31-01-2019, 11:06 PM
With that Porteous news I'm concerned about central defence. Porto and Efe have been our best partnership and to lose both of them is a blow. Especially when Hanlon's fitness and form has been dodgy and Mcgregor doesn't have the fitness to play every game. Hopefully it's not a problem and Darnell is good enough to start most games.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Nelom and Mackie can also play left mid/wing. Whether Nelom will ever get a chance is another thing.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2019, 11:07 PM

2 decent keepers

RB - Gray/Whittaker
LB - Stevenson/Mackie
M - Birigimana / Omeonga / Slivka / Milligan / Bartley / Gauld / Mallan / Aygepong

I reckon we might see Milligan in at CH more often now.

04Sauzee
Pretty sure the boy from Leicester said he can play right back as well

roo62
Add in Nelom and Fraser and Allan up front

...and Horgan

Austinho
I don't like to accuse people unfairly..so just looked at the sum and total of your 50 odd posts.

about 40 of them are slagging off hibs players or Hibs staff. About three slag off the scotland team and in the first three you are a massive happy clapper telling everyone we will come 3rd in the league. If you are a hibs watcher (you are certainly not a supporter) then take a chill pill...otherwise go back to Follow Follow or Brokeback or wherever you came from.The name sorrow sorrow is a bit of a giveaway.

Sir David Gray

2 decent keepers

RB - Gray/Whittaker
LB - Stevenson/Mackie

Nelom, Horgan and Murray.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:08 PM

about 40 of them are slagging off hibs players or Hibs staff. About three slag off the scotland team and in the first three you are a massive happy clapper telling everyone we will come 3rd in the league. If you are a hibs watcher (you are certainly not a supporter) then take a chill pill...otherwise go back to Follow Follow or Brokeback or wherever you came from.

:applause: That's some direct talking.

Gordy M
31-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Nelom, Horgan and Murray.

Hahaha yeh Horgan, as well, i hadnt included Murray Allan and Nelom as they hadnt featured much.

JimboHibs
31-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Yam fud.

Must try harder, maybe even start by repairing the leaks in the 18 million pound office block you are trying to build.

Why would the poster have to be Hertz just because he doesnt think its been a good window ?

Tbh you come across as a fud.

The 90+2
31-01-2019, 11:10 PM
No second striker is disappointing but we're well covered everywhere else. Maybe we can get a free agent in.

Let’s be honest it’s been a piss poor window and shame on the bully posters saying the good players become available towards of the end of the window bookmark this for next year instead of giving people concerned the wet the bed treatment. McNulty has been worked on since October/November and well done the club getting it through. The other two is the usual panic but or loan ****. Where’s this quality at the end of the window signing a ****ing Motherwell sub?

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2019, 11:12 PM
The name sorrow sorrow is a bit of a giveaway.

I’ve heard it in a song before.

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:13 PM
Just noticed Hearts only signed two players this window, one being the pre-contract from the summer. Guess they blew the entire budget earlier in the season.

The 90+2
I’ve heard it in a song before.

What song chief?

BoomtownHibees
Not getting Allan in is a shocker imo

BILLYHIBS

Darnell Johnson is a centreback and rightback who has played for England U21 s and by all accounts is quick

It will be up to the new Coach where and how he wants to deploy our threadbare squad no doubt all will be required before the season ends

He will have to make up his mind quickly about his best eleven as he won’t have much time to experiment

The big problem we have is that we do not have a head coach

Does the best team and formation conundrum sound a familiar scenario? :greengrin

madhatter
Let’s be honest it’s been a piss poor window and shame on the bully posters saying the good players become available towards of the end of the window bookmark this for next year instead of giving people concerned the wet the bed treatment. McNulty has been worked on since October/November and well done the club getting it through. The other two is the usual panic but or loan ****. Where’s this quality at the end of the window signing a ****ing Motherwell sub?

What was Boyle when we signed him? Was he even a Dundee sub?

jacomo
Why would the poster have to be Hertz just because he doesnt think its been a good window ?

Reeks of it.

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Agree with you mate, if folk have different opinions, especially if criticising the club they’re blasted on here. It’s a fans forum for people to view their opinions and the never do wrong pricks need to accept other die hard Hibs fans have opinions 👍

Hibbyradge

Bully posters?

Nicho87
Celtic not releasing a player who doesn’t get anywhere near the bench and already signed a pre contract just out of pure spite sums them up. Classless.

Hermit Crab
Not getting Allan in is a shocker imo

With Celtics petty attitude its not really surprising.

The 90+2
31-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Just noticed Hearts only signed two players this window, one being the pre-contract from the summer. Guess they blew the entire budget earlier in the season.

Perhaps they have an alright settled squad after signing about 2,000 players over a shree year period and don’t feel the need to spend more of the chumps £.

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Where's that statement!

matty_f
31-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Keep it civil, folks. This thread will be getting closed soon anyway but that'll happen quicker if folk are just going to use it to have a go at each other.

One Day Soon
Bully posters?

That's the only bit that didn't make sense to you?

Hermit Crab
Where's that statement!

The fact that there hasn't been one still gives me hope. :greengrin

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 11:17 PM
The fact that there hasn't been one still gives me hope. :greengrin

Me too!

Real Emerald
Keep it civil, folks. This thread will be getting closed soon anyway but that'll happen quicker if folk are just going to use it to have a go at each other.

👍😎 agreed GGTTH

ShadesLongThrow
Where's that statement!

Indeed! I’m sitting refreshing Twitter in the vain hope that Scottie has actually been signed and just not announced yet. Suspect I’m in denial....

The 90+2
Bully posters?

Yes. Not necessarily you big boy. 😘

You did **** up big time trying hard as anything to prove me wrong though.

I would appreciate if a line was drawn and peace. I don’t think you’re the type mind you.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:18 PM

What do I need to post to make that happen sooner rather than later? :greengrin

MacGruber
31-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Could still bring back Efe ... hopefully.
& maybe a free agent. Long shot to get a good free agent but you never know

Stuart93
31-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Still not said we’re done 👀

Gordy M

You have seen the players who have been signed/released by other teams at our level. Who do you think we shouldve signed?

Hibeesmad

I would take Roarie Deacon who has just been released from Dundee

madhatter
Celtic not releasing a player who doesn’t get anywhere near the bench and already signed a pre contract just out of pure spite sums them up. Classless.

We’ll be told it’s Hibs fault for being cheap though. Strange how many Hibs fans render Celtic in a better light than Hibs. So much being spouted about Hibs going for the cheap options even though we’ve not seen these players for a single minute playing for Hibs. How people cant process that Celtic will have played hardball, so they can save face with their fans, is beyond me...

Daydreamer
With Celtics petty attitude its not really surprising.

Still got a funny feeling might be not all Celtic. Would you drop more than half your wages for 5 months.

One Day Soon

Stubbs and I'm chilled.

Lemonade
31-01-2019, 11:20 PM
What do I need to post to make that happen sooner rather than later? :greengrin

Just keep going with the usual crap you post.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:21 PM
Just keep going with the usual crap you post.

Oh flower, you're so special.

The 90+2

There must be a lot of players all over Europe released today to get first team football so I hope you’re right. I’ll take top six or even less a new manager another couple of pre-contracts and move on for next seasons and put behind the summer shambles.

Hermit Crab

Has he not signed for Bolton?

Hibbyradge
Folk wanted Lennon sacked last week. Under unexpected circumstances, they got their wish.

They were resigned to a bottom 6 finish so we should hear no complaints. :rolleyes:

So, Hibs have tried to shore up the obvious weaknesses until a new manager is appointed who will have the summer to build his own team.

I'm disappointed Celtc wouldn't play ball with Allan, but that's their doing, not Hibs'.

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:23 PM
Folk wanted Lennon sacked last week. Under unexpected circumstances, they got their wish.

They were resigned to a bottom 6 finish so we should hear no complaints. :rolleyes:

So, Hibs have tried to shore up the obvious weaknesses until a new manager is appointed who will have the summer to build his own team.

I'm disappointed Celtc wouldn't play ball with Allan, but that's their doing, not Hibs'.

Yup.

Under normal circumstances this would be a pretty bad window but it's the best we can do at the moment. My only complaint is the lack of striker cover, but we have time.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Absolutely spot on.

madhatter
31-01-2019, 11:24 PM
When all these transfer windows close and the normal “need more” stuff comes up, it always reminds me of playing FM or any football management simulator. You’ve got a decent squad on the game but the scouts come back with a player, you sign him, then they come back with a better player, you sign him.

By the end of the window you have 6 left backs...

The 90+2
31-01-2019, 11:25 PM
You have seen the players who have been signed/released by other teams at our level. Who do you think we shouldve signed?

Motherwell sub isn’t our level.

We got told to stop wetting the bed sitting 8th mid window and the good players become available at the end.

Now it’s progressed from there to “who would you have signed”? Pish patter.

Again. I’m willing to wait to get someone in who has a plan but at the same time posters bullying others telling them to shut up pissonf pants being hearts fans for being concerned and the best of all not having a clue how a transfer window works may want to pipe down the next time they get on the back of legitimate fans with legitimate concerns.

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Don’t forget guys it was only a few weeks ago that we beat Celtic easily 2-0 at Easter Road despite all their wealth

No more Mr Nice Guy the gloves are off

They have not seen sense over Scotty Allan

No doubt their terms were unrealistic

I would have thought fair dos call it quits a cheque for 50k to buy out his contract so the boy can get back to playing football and reduce their wage bill and we can all move on

Rod Petrie has a long memory

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Yup, we're done and it's descended into bickering. Good night everybody, guess an admin can reopen the thread if we make any last minute deals. :wink: