PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Transfer of the season would be the cat coming back and letting hermit crab go ��

This

Sorry lads, I'm under contract. 21,000+ posts means I got offered a new deal. :aok:

Theres always the ignore function though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2018, 12:00 PM
I can’t see Celtic bidding big for another young Scottish defender after the Jack Hendry experiment.

Unless Brenda bought him to make point? He has been a spectacular success if that was the reason.

jacomo
18-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Would be great if they sold him. My concern would be that Celtic and undeserving English teams would then turn an eye toward Porteous.

Apparently Villa offered over £3.5m for McKenna.

If they watched our game at the weekend would be amazed if they didn’t consider our young centre back instead... not that I want Porteous to go.

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Sorry lads, I'm under contract. 21,000+ posts means I got offered a new deal. :aok:

Theres always the ignore function though.

Great! How does the ignore function work?

Edit:

Not for you HC but for others they know who they are 😂

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Great! How does the ignore function work?

Well, you click ignore and then the site ignores posts.

BegbieHSC
18-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Absolutely no chance of that happening.....Unless Celtic are after one of our players and use him as a makeweight in a deal.

Celtc fans are mouthing off online that they’ve heard they are going to bid for Flo in January.

Hopefully just delusional, wishful thinking.

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Celtc fans are mouthing off online that they’ve heard they are going to bid for Flo in January.

Will have to be some bid considering he only just signed a deal in the summer. Can't remember how long his deal is though.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 01:22 PM

It's incredible to think they paid £9m for that Edouard and we got Flo for less than £200k.

If Hibs were to do a straight swap tomorrow i'd be disappointed in the deal.

It's also a bit weird that with all Celtics resources they went into this season with only two strikers in Edouard and Griffiths. Signing Flo in the summer for next to nothing, initially as a third choice striker would have been a no brainer if i was Celtic manager, suspect they've probably missed the boat with him now though as the amount we'd need to make it worthwhile will be more than they'd be willing to spend.

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Hopefully they will have learned their lesson and just pay our valuation this time 10m plus Scotty Allan for free.

My_Wife_Camille
18-12-2018, 01:24 PM

They can bid all they want and I’m sure that if they come in with a bid that reflects the value of a young striker who has a goalscoring record of about a goal every two games and almost 3 years left on his contract then we’ll be more than happy to listen.

Judging by their laughable attempts to buy John McGinn I wouldn’t expect that to happen though

geohibby
18-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Will have to be some bid considering he only just signed a deal in the summer. Can't remember how long his deal is though.

3 year deal

Hibs90
18-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Basically, Celtic fans like Kamberi, proceed to post ***** false rumours online then all of a sudden it's being taken serious?

:faf:

Tynie01011973
18-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Basically, Celtic fans like Kamberi, proceed to post ***** false rumours online then all of a sudden it's being taken serious?

:faf:

Just following their usual pattern.

Striker scores couple of goals against them next thing they are linked with interest in him

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Hopefully just delusional, wishful thinking.Surely they'd be better off trying to sign one of hearts many starlets? Better chance of getting them as they've an incomplete stand to pay for.

We can once again tell them to bolt if we choose.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
18-12-2018, 02:22 PM
It's incredible to think they paid £9m for that Edouard and we got Flo for less than £200k.

If Hibs were to do a straight swap tomorrow i'd be disappointed in the deal.

It's also a bit weird that with all Celtics resources they went into this season with only two strikers in Edouard and Griffiths. Signing Flo in the summer for next to nothing, initially as a third choice striker would have been a no brainer if i was Celtic manager, suspect they've probably missed the boat with him now though as the amount we'd need to make it worthwhile will be more than they'd be willing to spend.

I understood that Hibs had an option to buy Flo for an agreed few, and other clubs would only have been able to bid if we had not taken up that option.

Flo would do well to stay with Hibs a while, and then the big move will surely happen.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I understood that Hibs had an option to buy Flo for an agreed few, and other clubs would only have been able to bid if we had not taken up that option.

Flo would do well to stay with Hibs a while, and then the big move will surely happen.

Yeah but if Celtic wanted him i'm sure a quiet word in the agents ear would have ensured he'd have turned down our offer and joined them for a bigger wage and a few extra quid going to his club in Switzerland.

I agree with him staying at Hibs for a while, he's only just started playing regular football so he should enjoy that certainly for at least a full season before he starts to worry about bigger moves.

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Daily Record exclusive the morn then in time for huns coming to town.

Lago
18-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Now that I could see happening, just to scunner us.

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Aye, yer no getton Scott Allan unless you give us that Kamberi laddie. No chance.

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 03:08 PM
No much has changed since 1888 and 2018 (SJM) for that matter

Sure I read something in the Match Day Programme that they stole Willie Groves off us back in the day

If it wisnae for the Hibees they’d be Huns!

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Sure I read something in the Match Day Programme that they stole Willie Groves off us back in the day

How did the SJM one work out for celtc again?:wink:

Stuart93
18-12-2018, 03:50 PM

£10m, no less.

Ryan69
18-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Been told this by more than a few people, I still think Lennon did an old pals act with Efe so he could get his British passport, the wage drop to join us from Celtic would've been fairly big but he only had around 10 months to get his citizenship.

There was a rumour a Turkish side were after him in the summer and he's at an age where one last big pay day looks nice, he has been playing very well recently so I wouldn't be surprised to see Efe go with only 6 months contract left.

Its pretty obvious that was the deal.

Haymaker
18-12-2018, 04:01 PM
:hyper

Lago
18-12-2018, 04:05 PM

They stole half the Hibs team of the day !!

Cod Boy
18-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Rumoured to be interested in Cian Bolger again.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Rumoured to be interested in Cian Bolger again.

Centre half?

Cod Boy
18-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Centre half?

Yes

jacomo
18-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Emerson Hyndman wants to stay / is saying what any player in his position would say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46610546

Elephant Stone
18-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Emerson Hyndman wants to stay / is saying what any player in his position would say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46610546

Not at all, loads of loan players will say "Im just enjoying my football, we'll see what happens.." Or 'it's up to my club". He's actually said he wants to stay.

Famous Fiver
18-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Apart from Scott Allan are there any potential signings who could come in and make a difference almost right away?

calumhibee1
18-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Apart from Scott Allan are there any potential signings who could come in and make a difference almost right away?

Cummings.

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Not at all, loads of loan players will say "Im just enjoying my football, we'll see what happens.." Or 'it's up to my club". He's actually said he wants to stay.

Yep. Very good attitude.

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Cummings.

King Dom and Prince Flo.

Souter96Mac
18-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Yes

Do you know much about this lad? is he any good?

jacomo
18-12-2018, 06:38 PM

Well he definitely seems happy here so that’s something.

I’m not 100% convinced yet but we do seem to play better with him on the park.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Would Blair Henderson from City be worth a look?

Hibs90
18-12-2018, 08:52 PM

No

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 08:52 PM

No, thats a massive jump in class required to play at our level.

theonlywayisup
23-12-2018, 03:10 PM
So any update on signing targets.

I would think Tom Eaves is unlikely as he seems to be scoring goals lately. The rumours seems to be that Mavrias is away back to Cyprus. Tommy Block seems to be in the "almost confirmed" category. Anyone else?

As the initial one seems to have gone already, let's kick off the build-up to the January transfer window. A notoriously difficult time of year to buy in quality, we'll go in surely needing extra firepower up front and more steel in midfield.

Also - if this thread descends like last time into bickering between posters about who's inside info is pish or not, I'll close this thread. If you're unhappy because someone's confidental info (of which they were under no obligation to share with you) didn't come true, tough. Get over it.

Confirmed in
None

Confirmed new contracts
Lewis Stevenson (2.5 years)

Confirmed out
None

Rumoured in
Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
Tommy Block (midfielder, Bognor Regis Town)
Jason Cummings (striker, Nottingham Forest)
Tom Eaves (striker, Gillingham)
Adil Nabi (midfielder, Dundee)
Kosovar Sadiki (centre back, Lokomotiva)
Graeme Shinnie (midfielder, Aberdeen)

Rumoured new contracts
Thomas Agyepong (loan extension)
Emerson Hyndman (loan extension)

Rumoured out
Ryan Porteous (Aston Villa)

Unseen work
23-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Was told were looking at Chris Cadden.

Out of contract in the summer.

Haymaker
23-12-2018, 09:34 PM
:hyper

theonlywayisup
23-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Hasn't played since 11th November, out with a knee injury.

Not expected back until after the break.

The Modfather
23-12-2018, 10:43 PM

Is he any good? Highly rated but never seen him stand out anytime he’s played against us. Would be the type of signing I’d like to see us make again. Promising Scottish youngster ready to take the next step in his career.

IGRIGI
23-12-2018, 10:47 PM

Perfect, three months to get up to speed and eventually a couple of decent performances in time for the Summer Transfer Thread :greengrin

Brightside
24-12-2018, 12:00 AM
JMac will be away. Striker coming for sure.

500miles
24-12-2018, 12:23 AM

Anyone to be excited about?

The_Horde
24-12-2018, 12:56 AM

Guessing again or something you've been told?

Winston Ingram
24-12-2018, 03:43 AM

Superb news.

Mango Man
24-12-2018, 03:47 AM
I'd be gutted to see Jmac away in January, we know there is a goal scorer in there, it's not like he's had a run of games to get in the swing of things, I'd keep him til the summer, maybe just being sentimental.

theonlywayisup
24-12-2018, 05:31 AM
Clicked on the Daily Record transfer news as it mentioned Hibs. Don't waste your time doing it. All it says is:

Hearts and Hibs could do with a real shot in the arm to resurrect their seasons and Neil Lennon has warned he could make big changes in the New Year.

Joe6-2
24-12-2018, 05:34 AM
Clicked on the Daily Record transfer news as it mentioned Hibs. Don't waste your time doing it. All it says is:

Hearts and Hibs could do with a real shot in the arm to resurrect their seasons and Neil Lennon has warned he could make big changes in the New Year.

Usual extent of their interest in Hibs!

McD
24-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Guessing again or something you've been told?

Here we go...

calumhibee1
24-12-2018, 12:56 PM
I'd be gutted to see Jmac away in January, we know there is a goal scorer in there, it's not like he's had a run of games to get in the swing of things, I'd keep him til the summer, maybe just being sentimental.
I think the problem with the run of games is that we can’t afford any passengers and as it stands he’s not offering nearly enough in the limited game time he is getting. Giving him 5 or 6 games from the start to prove himself just isn’t really an option as it stands.

Allant1981
24-12-2018, 01:05 PM
I think the problem with the run of games is that we can’t afford any passengers and as it stands he’s not offering nearly enough in the limited game time he is getting. Giving him 5 or 6 games from the start to prove himself just isn’t really an option as it stands.

But we then also have the problem that any new strikers coming in might not gel straight away so possibly will need those 5/6 games to get going, we got lucky last winter with Kamberi and Maclaren but not always going to get that

Gmack7
24-12-2018, 01:05 PM

So we chose to play two young inexperienced forwards who run around a lot but offer little scoring threat.if we go two upfront at ibrox Mclaren should start

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2018, 01:10 PM
obviously no idea what amount we pay towards JMc's salary but i do think we should persevere

horseflesh
24-12-2018, 01:33 PM

I’m sure we had a go at getting him a wee while ago, seems to be highly rated by someone at ER

Edit - no I’m talking gash, I think it was Alan Campbell

BSEJVT
24-12-2018, 09:02 PM

No reason to doubt you or others posting this info and this is an honest question not a smart arse one but how easy is it to get shot of a loan player signed on a years contract if owning club decide they don't want him back yet?

Paloschi
24-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Can Leigh, Hendo and Allan come home?

Crab apple
24-12-2018, 10:17 PM

I recall the yams were interested a while back. Probably pre Potter as he won’t meet the Potter criteria of being a big thug.

Michael
24-12-2018, 10:58 PM

Gutted at that. Him and Flo need a run in the team together.

eastmainsmsh
25-12-2018, 12:29 AM
Cummings ?

neil7908
25-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Gossip on some random website suggesting Kamara is away to Cardiff who have beat both the ugly sisters for his signature.

May be nonsense but like Shankland, think he's one player way out of our price range now.

jingler1954
25-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Would it be possible to get Leigh back on loan to help him overcome his problems. He knows he is loved at ER. ??????

LustForLeith
25-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Heard a rumour that there’s a big signing on their way. Lennons been working on it for awhile. Source won’t reveal who the player is but apparently he knows folk at the club. Source downs want to say who the player is as it will jepordise the move.

I know that his rumour means absolutely nothing but it gives me hope that something is happening.

bigwheel
25-12-2018, 08:02 AM
Heard a rumour that there’s a big signing on their way. Lennons been working on it for awhile. Source won’t reveal who the player is but apparently he knows folk at the club. Source downs want to say who the player is as it will jepordise the move.

I know that his rumour means absolutely nothing but it gives me hope that something is happening.

Worst rumour ever [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haymaker
25-12-2018, 08:54 AM

Mate even I can't get :hyper with that! :greengrin

LustForLeith
25-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Worst rumour ever [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

We’ll never know if it comes true!

bigwheel
25-12-2018, 09:20 AM
We’ll never know if it comes true!

Hahaha. True. When a Big signing comes in just type “told you so!” [emoji6][emoji106][emoji106]

superfurryhibby
25-12-2018, 09:41 AM

We’ll not be paying money for a striker who hasn’t played for six weeks due to injury. Pre contract maybe.

This is a big window for Hibs. Failure to deliver will have an impact on crowds for next season. The club need to grasp the nettle and invest. I am concerned that Lennon might attempt to go radical, but also know the board know what’s best for Hibs and can see the bigger picture. So no selling/ swapping Kamberi should be allowed.

Equally, the prospect of lower League strikers isn’t really doin* it for me. Whilst the likes of Shankland and Dobbie are reasonalbe bets to score in our league, the idea of pinning hopes on 18 year old laddies and forwards from our 4 th tier is ludicrous.

I can well imagine that MacLaren will find another club and that loan will be ended. Hyndman and Agyepong’s wages would be better spent elsewhere. Mavrias can go, as can Nelom ( is he contracted until summer?).

All of that said, deep down I think the manager is currently coming to the end of his tenure. Two poor results in a row will probably see him offski. Many variables are possible. Personally, I’m not overly delighted by the prospect of any desperate measures.

LustForLeith
25-12-2018, 09:52 AM
Hahaha. True. When a Big signing comes in just type “told you so!” [emoji6][emoji106][emoji106]

Got it saved as a draft already!

bigwheel
25-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Got it saved as a draft already!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

GloryGlory
25-12-2018, 10:30 AM

Nade? :nade::nade::nade: :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
25-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Ehhh.....Scott Allan ?

Heisenberg
25-12-2018, 10:44 AM

This is it, the glorious return of Faycal Rherras.

SMAXXA
25-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Cummings ?

I was told this may well happen

Lago
25-12-2018, 10:57 AM
I was told this may well happen

Even after his pantomime act at Ibrox ?

LustForLeith
25-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Ehhh.....Scott Allan ?

No idea! Going to try and get more info today!

Rumours are weird though. I was speaking to a sports journalist who said gone are the days when a paper would have an exclusive and keep it until it was printed. Now an exclusive lasts for eight seconds with social media!

It’s tricky. If you genuinely knew something it’s in people’s nature to tell others. But if what you knew jeopardised the deal then is it worth it?!

danhibees1875
25-12-2018, 11:19 AM

Vardy? :greengrin

I can see it already: "He's just fast and scores goals, brink back Maclaren".

LustForLeith
25-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Vardy? :greengrin

I can see it already: "He's just fast and scores goals, brink back Maclaren".
😂

I’m trying to throne of a player with a really long name. Didn’t specify it there name was big or it was a big named player.

Guessing but if there is any truth in my nonentity of a rumour then maybe Lennon doesn’t want other clubs to know of the players availability?

SloopJB
25-12-2018, 11:36 AM
No idea! Going to try and get more info today!

Rumours are weird though. I was speaking to a sports journalist who said gone are the days when a paper would have an exclusive and keep it until it was printed. Now an exclusive lasts for eight seconds with social media!

It’s tricky. If you genuinely knew something it’s in people’s nature to tell others. But if what you knew jeopardised the deal then is it worth it?!

In some peoples nature

The Leith Dutch
25-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Cummings ?

Would be underwhelmed.

Some good goals in big games for us plus a reasonable haul against generally poor opposition in a lower League.

Then not really shown it elsewhere.

Scott Allan for me is the must sign.
Without him we've generally struggled to convert possession football (which were good at a lot of the time) into goals and the points that come with them.

I'd say that SA plus a good centre mid could be the turning point for our season.

calumhibee1
25-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Would be underwhelmed.

Some good goals in big games for us plus a reasonable haul against generally poor opposition in a lower League.

Without him we've generally struggled to convert possession football (which were good at a lot of the time) into goals and the points that come with them.

I'd say that SA plus a good centre mid could be the turning point for our season.

Scott Allan and another very good addition in the centre of midfield could definitely make a big difference.

As good as Flo and Maclaren were last season, the way SA was playing I think it would have been hard for any striker not to bang the goals in. Hopefully he’d have the same effect this year if he comes back, especially if he has someone talented behind him aswell.

Smartie
25-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Would be underwhelmed.

Cummings has a point to prove, which I like.

He wouldn't be here to pick up easy cash. He'd be sticking his neck on the line to prove he could score goals in the premier league.

I think he'd be a very good signing.

Stuart93
25-12-2018, 01:04 PM
I’d take Cummings if it meant Jmac was going back, definitely more goals there. Think he’d link up well with kamberi, plenty swagger there

JohnM1875
25-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Cummings would be a fantastic signing. Can't believe folk think otherwise after what he did for us.

1875M
25-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Scott Allan, and a McGeouch type player who has the composure to get their foot on the ball, pick it up from the back 3/4, and dictate tempo should be the main targets. If MacLaren could get back to last years fitness and reliability that would be a bonus too.

Centre Hawf
25-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Cummings would be a fantastic signing. Can't believe folk think otherwise after what he did for us.

Agreed. Allan and Cummings signing gets the ball rolling in a direction I’m happy with. Get another first choice box to box midfielder and we might start looking like a team.

skyhibs
25-12-2018, 03:27 PM

Lol that would be a backwards move for Hibs.. If we only sign Scott Allan then I would be happy... obviously a decent striker wouldn’t go amiss

supermcginn
25-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Lol that would be a backwards move for Hibs.. If we only sign Scott Allan then I would be happy... obviously a decent striker wouldn’t go amiss

We just started a game with shaw and allan up front, neither could get anywhere near lacing cummings boots!

calumhibee1
25-12-2018, 04:25 PM
We just started a game with shaw and allan up front, neither could get anywhere near lacing cummings boots!

:agree:

Hard to disagree with that.

skyhibs
25-12-2018, 07:13 PM

dont disagree that he is better than shaw and Allan but we should be looking to get a better quality striker than Cummings..

bodhibs
25-12-2018, 10:41 PM
dont disagree that he is better than shaw and Allan but we should be looking to get a better quality striker than Cummings..

Gutted it's not worked out for Jamie Mac so far this season but in the time he's been here I hope we've progressed further as a club than wanting Jason back. Legend I know but bringing him back at this stage for both of us would be a wrong move. Better please Hibs. imho.

SloopJB
25-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Maybe not as easy as that as we don't know how JC would have faired in this team in this division.

Brightside
26-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Would it be possible to get Leigh back on loan to help him overcome his problems. He knows he is loved at ER. ??????

No

Ryan69
26-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Gutted it's not worked out for Jamie Mac so far this season but in the time he's been here I hope we've progressed further as a club than wanting Jason back. Legend I know but bringing him back at this stage for both of us would be a wrong move. Better please Hibs. imho.

In fairness too Cummings,before he trashed his house up...He was banging them in at Peterboro.

Stokesy's on fire
26-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Jason Cummings would be a good move for the club i still cant believe he signed for sevco after the way they treated him but we are crying out for a striker and personality like JC has. He brings a lot to the table

neil7908
26-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Given the manager has said publicy that the strikers are not working hard enough I just can't see Cummings back at Easter Road.

I loved him whilst he was here but it's not a massive surprise that he struggled down in England, he doesn't have enough to his game.

MacGruber
26-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Can't see it happening tbh. As someone said he isn't going to slate strikers work ethic and bring in Cummings who he benched before for lack of work effort.

I would however love it. I love the guy and he is a goalscorer no question. All of us to a man (just about) were gutted when the thread went up he was off to Forest. All of us to a man angry we 'only' got as little as a million. We were all expecting 2-3 millon. He built that expectation up with what he was capable of on the pitch. He stuck it to Hearts and Rangers just about every time. Hearts fans & club alike had a fear of him scoring like we used to with Robbo.
Can anyone see a) McLaren saying he will score every time he plays sevco or Hearts like backing him is like printing money and b) actually doing just that.

Bring him home..

Diclonius
26-12-2018, 09:35 AM
If Cummings had went on loan for half a season to Celtic instead of Rangers there would be zero debate on here as to whether he was a good player or not. Get him back ASAP.

bingo70
26-12-2018, 10:27 AM
I wonder if he’s maybe taking into account what Cummings brings to the team off the park as well as on it.

We’ve lost a lot of characters in the changing room and from the outside looking in it doesn’t look as happy a place as it was a year or two back. I remember when JC had that carry on with the Grado wrestling guy and thinking what a terrific team spirit we appear to have. Don’t seem to get the same vibe currently.

Obviously what happens on the park is more important but if he can score a few goals and help improve the team spirit at the same time it could be a good move.

FWIW this isn’t a criticism of the current set up at all, it’s just an observation we’ve lost a few big players recently.

The 90+2
26-12-2018, 10:36 AM
I don’t think JC has it in his ego to come back.

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 10:40 AM
I don’t think JC has it in his ego to come back.

Ego? What ego? he would jump hoops(sic) right now to come back. Let's face it, what choices does he have?
He's sinkin towards lower English leagues. At least at ER he is back on the radar

Allant1981
26-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Ego? What ego? he would jump hoops(sic) right now to come back. Let's face it, what choices does he have?
He's sinkin towards lower English leagues. At least at ER he is back on the radar

He would be back on the radar if he scores goals, didn't do a lot of that in the league for the rangers

Greenworld
26-12-2018, 11:27 AM
We need someone to score goals JC fits that bill.
However without midfield service does it matter who we get .
According to twitter we are linked to a 6ft 2 forward .
I don't actually care who we get as long as they can play and score.
No more players who are constantly injured or take months to get fit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 11:32 AM
We need someone to score goals JC fits that bill.
However without midfield service does it matter who we get .
According to twitter we are linked to a 6ft 2 forward .
I don't actually care who we get as long as they can play and score.
No more players who are constantly injured or take months to get fit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i heard he was 6'5 and scored 20 in 39(?) games ... but at what level i don't know. Apparently he is injured and been released from contract. make of it what you will

Lago
26-12-2018, 11:33 AM
And in today's paper reports Effe has a release clause in his contract which allows in to go in Jan. Reported interest from down South & Turkey. Would be sorry if he moved on.

Heisenberg
26-12-2018, 12:08 PM
And in today's paper reports Effect has a release clause in his contract which allows in to go in Jan. Reported interest from down South & Turkey. Would be sorry if he moved on.

Be gutted to see him go but I think he will, unfortunately.

bingo70
26-12-2018, 12:13 PM

He’d be a massive loss.

No player bigger than the club and all that but it’s not easy finding a defender that can be so effective in coming forward and starting attacks as well as being a good defender.

Very hard guy to replace imo.

The Green Goblin
26-12-2018, 12:47 PM
If Cummings had went on loan for half a season to Celtic instead of Rangers there would be zero debate on here as to whether he was a good player or not. Get him back ASAP.

I don’t think anyone’s bothered about that tbh.

Hibeesmad
26-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Tom Eaves left out for a second consecutive game for Gillingham. Wonder if we have got anywhere with our interest

bodhibs
27-12-2018, 03:28 PM

I think so too, sincerely hope not as he's a joy to watch. Wants to play football most of the time but knows when to defend. Starts many attacks with a bit of clever play that most defenders would just hoof away. Very difficult to replace 😞

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 03:34 PM
I think so too, sincerely hope not as he's a joy to watch. Wants to play football most of the time but knows when to defend. Starts many attacks with a bit of clever play that most defenders would just hoof away. Very difficult to replace 😞

WTF!

Efe cannae leave he is our best player by a country mile!

bingo70
27-12-2018, 03:43 PM
This is by no means a suggestion as I've always thought he was dreadful but were we not linked with Marcus Haber last season?

See he's just been released by Dundee so if we were on the look out for a big striker to use as a plan B on occasion i wonder if Lennon might see him as a cheap option?

bodhibs
27-12-2018, 03:48 PM
WTF!

Efe cannae leave he is our best player by a country mile!

Hope no but got a feeling, means nothing though, thought he was leaving in the summer. I'd offer him a unrefusable deal but I think he may want a bigger/more lucrative move

Bostonhibby
27-12-2018, 03:56 PM
WTF!

Efe cannae leave he is our best player by a country mile!Agree.

Player of the year gone by January. Even if it was the case he owes us nothing and I wish him well

bingo70
27-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Agree.

Player of the year gone by January. Even if it was the case he owes us nothing and I wish him well

Alan Nixon on Twitter earlier saying Blackburn are after a new centre half but don't have much money.

I think Mowbray tried to sign him for Blackburn before so if the rumours of Efe having a release clause are true then he could be a good fit for them unfortunately.

MSK
27-12-2018, 04:15 PM
This is by no means a suggestion as I've always thought he was dreadful but were we not linked with Marcus Haber last season?

See he's just been released by Dundee so if we were on the look out for a big striker to use as a plan B on occasion i wonder if Lennon might see him as a cheap option?Please ****ing naw, 15 games on loan at Falkirk and zero goals 😲

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 04:20 PM

See he's just been released by Dundee so if we were on the look out for a big striker to use as a plan B on occasion i wonder if Lennon might see him as a cheap option?
Would rather have Brian Graham back 😂

bingo70
27-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Please ****ing naw, 15 games on loan at Falkirk and zero goals 😲

I didn't know he had gone out on loan to Falkirk.

I remember a spell at the start of last season when i think he did alright, I'm sure Hearts (of course they were interested, he's 6ft+) and Hibs were both linked with him.

If he's gone off the boil so much he's just had a failed spell at Falkirk i think we can forget that one then.

As you were...........

PercyHibs
27-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Celtic wouldn’t have signed him though as he’s not good enough

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Would rather have Brian Graham back 😂

I know that was said in jest but so would I. Haber is atrocious.

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 04:31 PM
I know that was said in jest but so would I. Haber is atrocious.

Ha Ha!

I still like you Callum!

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2019

mcfly
27-12-2018, 04:41 PM
I would hope we have a few lined up that can go straight into the first team.

Decent striker and creative midfielder please are a must

Famous Fiver
27-12-2018, 04:45 PM
I was in Gregg's this morning.

Coffee and a bacon roll has gone up to £2.10. Been £2 for yoinks.

Petrie, get it sorted!!!

McIntosh
27-12-2018, 05:09 PM
I suspect that we are looking at another major overall of the squad in January. Aberdeen are interested in Boyle and Efe, I think will go down south while this maybe difficult, I don't think it is a disaster. Porteous is a first team regular (I know he currently has an injury) and Mackie has great potential. The real key is who we bring in - Scott Allen is a must in my opinion and I would welcome back Cummings. The challenge for Neil Lennon is to bring back a more consistent and coherent balance to the side.

Hibs90
27-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I suspect that we are looking at another major overall of the squad in January. Aberdeen are interested in Boyle and Efe, I think will go down south while this maybe difficult, I don't think it is a disaster. Porteous is a first team regular (I know he currently has an injury) and Mackie has great potential. The real key is who we bring in - Scott Allen is a must in my opinion and I would welcome back Cummings. The challenge for Neil Lennon is to bring back a more consistent and coherent balance to the side.

Boyle just signed a 4 year deal. Utter nonsense.

J-C
27-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Last January

MSK
27-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Boyle just signed a 4 year deal. Utter nonsense.Doesnt stop them being interested does it ? Whether hibs or Boyle would consider a transfer to any interested club is another matter though

James Stephen
27-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Efe leaving, im sure thats a possibility, but aberdeen being after Boyle? Dont see that happening.

I wasn't Cummings biggest fan (always felt he could and should have done more) but i would definitely take him back, it would be no more of a risk than any other transfer, and a risk absolutely worth taking.

I think the poster above who talks about characters may also be on to something, and i think that is something that Lenny would value.

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Yip! Graeme Shinnie signing at the end of the season! 😂

superfurryhibby
27-12-2018, 05:24 PM

I haven’t heard any rumours about Boyle and Aberdeen before, but surely there is next to no chance of them offering a fee that would tempt Hibs to sell. As for Efetobore, he is free to sign a pre contract, but I would doubt he be offski in January.

Do agree however, that Lennon has the challenge of bringing balance to the side. Allan is unlikely to return, though I would love to see it and Cummings isn’t likely to be high on Lennon’s priorities.

I fully expect some surprises from Hibs this January window.

bodhibs
27-12-2018, 06:33 PM
I was in Gregg's this morning.

Coffee and a bacon roll has gone up to £2.10. Been £2 for yoinks.

Petrie, get it sorted!!!

Gutted ☹️

bodhibs
27-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Yip! Graeme Shinnie signing at the end of the season! 😂

Please no, just no. I know some on here admire him but so very negative and just a cheat. He's a massive part of why the flock have been brutal to watch in recent season's. Hope he fecks off down south, won't be missed. Horrific negative that we don't need.

Heisenberg
27-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Please no, just no. I know some on here admire him but so very negative and just a cheat. He's a massive part of why the flock have been brutal to watch in recent season's. Hope he fecks off down south, won't be missed. Horrific negative that we don't need.

He’s a massive reason that Aberdeen have consistently been the second best in the country for years.

bodhibs
27-12-2018, 07:00 PM
He’s a massive reason that Aberdeen have consistently been the second best in the country for years.

Would you be happy watching his brutalness?

James Stephen
27-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Would you be happy watching his brutalness?

I would, hes a very good player and all teams need a cynical side.

However im not sure why we are talking about him, there is zero chance of it happening.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Within 10 games we'd be waxing lyrical about him. Good player.

Chip shop Joe
27-12-2018, 09:34 PM
I think the fact that Shinnie will either end up Aberdeen’s top earner (if not already) or go to the Championship suggests that he is a very good player who sadly we will never be able to afford. He is exactly what we need and would walk into our team.

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 09:37 PM
I think the fact that Shinnie will either end up Aberdeen’s top earner (if not already) or go to the Championship suggests that he is a very good player who sadly we will never be able to afford. He is exactly what we need and would walk into our team.

Agreed...I can't recall us ever being able to afford a top first team player from Aberdeen...and it certainly won't start with Shinnie...

Unseen work
27-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Shinnie would never in a million years come to us.

He is a very good player for Aberdeen, but imo wouldn’t be a success for us.

He is the sort of player that is full of energy but technically is very poor, within a couple of weeks/months he would be branded a headless chicken and drive fans mad with his misplaced passes.

Some players suit certain clubs, he wouldn’t suit ours imo.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Shinnie would never in a million years come to us.

He is a very good player for Aberdeen, but imo wouldn’t be a success for us.

He is the sort of player that is full of energy but technically is very poor, within a couple of weeks/months he would be branded a headless chicken and drive fans mad with his misplaced passes.

Some players suit certain clubs, he wouldn’t suit ours imo.

He isn't poor technically. He keeps the ball very well. 2 feet. Plays multiple positions. Captain's a big club. He'd walk into our side.

The_Horde
27-12-2018, 09:51 PM
He isn't poor technically. He keeps the ball very well. 2 feet. Plays multiple positions. Captain's a big club. He'd walk into our side.

He's a Tesco value Scott Brown with a left foot.

Unseen work
27-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Got to disagree with you there.

I’m from Aberdeen so see them quite a bit, with a lot of my friends being season ticket holders. Although they all rate him highly they’re always moaning about him technically and how often he loses the ball.

He wins the ball back a lot, very good at closing down players and has outstanding energy. 2 footed and keeping the ball well would be the last thing I would describe him as though.

He would absolutely walk into our team though. I just don’t think he would get the same praise with hibs fans as he does at Aberdeen.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:00 PM

Other than being 2 footed that’s the way I see him. He’d improve our team massively imo but it’s not going to happen.

matty_f
27-12-2018, 10:28 PM
He's a Tesco value Scott Brown with a left foot.

Great description! :faf:

Michael
27-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Shinnie is 10x the player of any midfielder we have at the moment. No chance he'd come to us though.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2018, 06:05 AM
I cant believe folk here would turn down Shinnie, he's exactly what we are missing in the middle of the park along with a Scott Allan type?

I dont for one minute think we'd be able to sign him, but if its at all possible then yes please.

JimBHibees
28-12-2018, 07:16 AM
I cant believe folk here would turn down Shinnie, he's exactly what we are missing in the middle of the park along with a Scott Allan type?

I dont for one minute think we'd be able to sign him, but if its at all possible then yes please.

Exactly the type of player we need a battler who is athletic and can also play. As you say cant see it happening at all.

Radium
28-12-2018, 08:17 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181228/0078e6f340806193b92838c00c8669e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
28-12-2018, 08:19 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181228/0078e6f340806193b92838c00c8669e2.jpg

Valuable cover....how often did he play again?

bingo70
28-12-2018, 08:28 AM

Twice.

makaveli1875
28-12-2018, 08:35 AM

Id say we need someone like Shinnie alot more than we need Scott Allan , he's a dirty ******* but he does everything well and is a tenacious ball winner . Not a hope in hell of him signing for Hibs though so probably best to let that rumour go .

Smartie
28-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Within 10 games we'd be waxing lyrical about him. Good player.

Within 10 minutes we'd be waxing lyrical about him.

He's a cracking player, and his nasty side is one of his biggest assets.

Shinnie isn't unlike SJM, and for that reason he'll go somewhere else for far more money.

18Craig75
28-12-2018, 09:02 AM
I’d take Shinnie in a heartbeat. I think he’s a decent player himself, but more importantly he’d do the dirty side of the game meaning we should get more out of Mallan & Slivka for instance.

Bishop Hibee
28-12-2018, 09:05 AM

Totally agree. We should have signed him when he was at ICT. I’d be amazed if he signed for us. I hope we’re having a good look at players st Livi and Ayr Utd who are obviously performing above their weekly pay.

SonOfDavidFrancey
28-12-2018, 09:05 AM

Does say elsewhere he was offered the chance to stay. Presumably feels he can’t displace Lewis...Ironic that he leaves just as Lewis is injured

Billy Whizz
28-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Does say elsewhere he was offered the chance to stay. Presumably feels he can’t displace Lewis...Ironic that he leaves just as Lewis is injured

He’s a right back though

Libby Hibby
28-12-2018, 09:06 AM

I think Mavrias played on the right

southsider
28-12-2018, 09:09 AM
I think Mavrias played on the right
Any of u ITK punters go any REAL news ?

Famous Fiver
28-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Greggs really have put their bacon roll and coffee up to £2.10.

Souter96Mac
28-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Not a rumour, but I was thinking with Shankland now possibly joining the Huns. Would it be worth looking at Ryan Hardie. Currently on loan from them at Livi, don't think he's played a great deal this season because of an early injury, but has got a decent goal return.

Keyser Sauzee
28-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Not a rumour, but I was thinking with Shankland now possibly joining the Huns. Would it be worth looking at Ryan Hardie. Currently on loan from them at Livi, don't think he's played a great deal this season because of an early injury, but has got a decent goal return.

Excellent player but I think he might still have a future at the huns so probably a hard deal to make happen.

J-C
28-12-2018, 10:22 AM
I'd take Shinnie in a heartbeat, aggressive, technically decent and a leader on the park, he'd improve us no end.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I'd take Shinnie in a heartbeat, aggressive, technically decent and a leader on the park, he'd improve us no end.
Also refs the game. Multi talented

JimBHibees
28-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Also refs the game. Multi talented

Best ref in the league by a mile. :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
28-12-2018, 12:24 PM
I think i had a dream last night that lennon was trying to bring back steven fletcher

tonyrougier123
28-12-2018, 12:59 PM
just seen motherwell have accepted bid for bowman from exeter, mentions a rival bid as well wonder if we are the rival bid?its either us aberdeen or herts id imagine.

The_Horde
28-12-2018, 01:02 PM
just seen motherwell have accepted bid for bowman from exeter, mentions a rival bid as well wonder if we are the rival bid?its either us aberdeen or herts id imagine.

No chance it's us IMO.

bingo70
28-12-2018, 01:06 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1078651906388566018

Not entirely sure Naismith sounds all that convinced he wants to stay at Hearts there.

I know he praises them in bits of that interview but it's a wee bit guarded and the vibe i'm getting from that interview is that he thinks they're a bunch of dirty hearts *******s as well. :wink:

tonyrougier123
28-12-2018, 01:09 PM
No chance it's us IMO.

Why do you think we wouldnae be in for him? Tenacious player.worth a punt id think??

Souter96Mac
28-12-2018, 01:17 PM

Hope it's not us

The_Horde
28-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Why do you think we wouldnae be in for him? Tenacious player.worth a punt id think??

He'd maybe be worth a punt at £0. But you can't afford to be 'taking a punt' on players you have to pay money for.

EH54
28-12-2018, 02:06 PM

He's rank rotten, hope it's not us. Main and Johnson far better than him.

Keyser Sauzee
28-12-2018, 02:29 PM
He's rank rotten, hope it's not us. Main and Johnson far better than him.

Main is torture too

Mango Man
28-12-2018, 03:02 PM
I like Curtis Main and think he'd make a difference for us, hes a very strong laddie and would give us an option we don't have at the moment, goals return isn't too bad either.

Hibeesmad
28-12-2018, 03:37 PM
I like Curtis Main and think he'd make a difference for us, hes a very strong laddie and would give us an option we don't have at the moment, goals return isn't too bad either.

I’ve been impressed whenever they have played us. He also seems to cause Rangers and Celtic a bit of bother when he plays them also

AgentDaleCooper
28-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Curtis main always looks like a handful but his stats suggest he almost never scores...

bingo70
28-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Interesting Lennon mentioned today he was desperate to sign someone with pace so you'd assume that'd be a winger to come in.

Probably a fair bet Agyepong could be sent back to City too if that's the case.

The Modfather
28-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Curtis main always looks like a handful but his stats suggest he almost never scores...

A lot of folk loved Holt, I wasn’t one of them, but there is a place for someone doing the dirty work to allow someone else to benefit in the shape of goals.

bingo70
28-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Interesting Lennon mentioned today he was desperate to sign someone with pace so you'd assume that'd be a winger to come in.

Having a wee conversation with myself here i know but bored at work so just had a look at the Man City young players as we seem to have a decent relationship with them just now. They've got a young winger that can play on the left or right that is lightening quick called Rabbi Matondo. Recently capped by Wales and only 18 years old, City looking to send him out on loan for the second half of the season. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are staking a claim for him to be sent here.

This is where someone steps in and tells me the kid is worth £400m and Barcelona are about to sign him but from a quick look at a city Forum, it suggests he's too raw for a championship club so they suspect it could be another one going across to NAC Breda. Would certainly fit the bill of someone with pace which is what Lennon said he was desperate for.

Hibeesmad
28-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Having a wee conversation with myself here i know but bored at work so just had a look at the Man City young players as we seem to have a decent relationship with them just now. They've got a young winger that can play on the left or right that is lightening quick called Rabbi Matondo. Recently capped by Wales and only 18 years old, City looking to send him out on loan for the second half of the season. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are staking a claim for him to be sent here.

This is where someone steps in and tells me the kid is worth £400m and Barcelona are about to sign him but from a quick look at a city Forum, it suggests he's too raw for a championship club so they suspect it could be another one going across to NAC Breda. Would certainly fit the bill of someone with pace which is what Lennon said he was desperate for.

This boy is a huge talent. Would be absolutely delighted if we got him. He’s better than both Barker and Agyepong

BegbieHSC
28-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Easter Road is lit up tonight...:hyper:hyper

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Was Barkers loan to Preston 6 or 12 months?

Keyser Sauzee
28-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Was Barkers loan to Preston 6 or 12 months?

Season long loan

bingo70
28-12-2018, 04:32 PM
This boy is a huge talent. Would be absolutely delighted if we got him. He’s better than both Barker and Agyepong

Yeah, tbf from looking at the youtube clips of him i am probably giving my mind a treat even thinking it's a possibility but he ticks the boxes we are after and we do seem to have a good relationship with City just now. Remember Jolean Lescott coming up earlier in the year to have a look around and see how Agyepong was getting on as he's got some job looking after the city loanees.

FWIW i know i'm biased but for a young raw winger we would also be a great move for them/him. I'm sure he could go to a bigger club but when the guy is trying to find his feet in first team football, coming to an attacking side that dominates a lot of games would be a great environment for a young winger starting out. Better that than a lower end championship side doing whatever it takes not to lose matches.

As i said though, he'll probably go and join Barcelona or someone like that now :wink:

Billy Whizz
28-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Season long loan

Both parties usually have break clauses in case it doesn’t work out
Barker was the1st one I thought about after I watched Lennon’s interview today. Think he’s injured though

LustForLeith
28-12-2018, 04:57 PM

Rabbi Mantondo! There’s no way he’d come to Hibs! We’d never have a decent song for him!

Gmack7
28-12-2018, 10:13 PM
mantondo oooh oooh mantondo

neil7908
29-12-2018, 08:06 AM

BBC reporting he's going to a league 2 side.

I've never been that impressed by him but yet another example of how donald ducked Scottish football is when we're losing players to League 2 teams.

southsider
29-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Jones at Killie has only 6 months left on his contract. May head to Ipox tho.

Robbo6-2
29-12-2018, 12:07 PM
For those of you of would welcome back Cummings just have a look at his Instagram.

bingo70
29-12-2018, 12:15 PM
For those of you of would welcome back Cummings just have a look at his Instagram.

Couldn’t care less if he wants rangers to win, he played for them and probably still has a lot of pals there.

oneone73
29-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Couldn’t care less if he wants rangers to win, he played for them and probably still has a lot of pals there.

Me neither. Couldn't give a damn who wins myself.

Speedway
29-12-2018, 12:28 PM

You’d judge the merit if which player would improve your side by which team they support personally?

Billy Whizz
29-12-2018, 12:29 PM
You’d judge the merit if which player would improve your side by which team they support personally?

Who does he support?

Speedway
29-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Who does he support?

Rangers at the moment according to his Instagram.

neil7908
29-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Who does he support?

I thought he was a Jambo?

hfc rd
29-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Who does he support?

He was a jambo growing up.

Obviously is going to be cheering today for Sevco against Celtic as he had a spell there

SouthMoroccoStu
29-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Same thing

Joe6-2
29-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Yeah? And wouldn't that lot want the the to win?

Eyrie
29-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Never mind the (un)appetiser.

Who's he backing for the main event?

Connollys11
29-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Never mind the (un)appetiser.

Who's he backing for the main event? probably them after our fans ripping into him for joining der huns

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Massive window. A new midfield please, plus at least one striker.

loanheadhibby
29-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Massive window. A new midfield please, plus at least one striker.

The time to do that was in the summer. Too late now to make wholesale changes. January notoriously difficult (according to pundits/managers)

Hibeesmad
29-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Allan was at the game. Hopefully get him signed up asap

BegbieHSC
29-12-2018, 08:21 PM

Scott Allan here. Should have been on the pitch, and not in the stands.

Heisenberg
29-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Allan was at the game. Hopefully get him signed up asap

Couple of boys on the bounce saying they’d heard he’s signing/signed. Hopefully they’ve not just seen him at the game and taken a guess.

Nevi_SOL
29-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Couple of boys on the bounce saying they’d heard he’s signing/signed. Hopefully they’ve not just seen him at the game and taken a guess.

If true Hibs should have postponed the game if the choice was there with key players coming in January

JimboHibs
29-12-2018, 09:16 PM
If true Hibs should have postponed the game if the choice was there with key players coming in January

That reads as sour grapes,hindsights a wonderful thing.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2018, 10:44 PM

Scott Allan here. Should have been on the pitch, and not in the stands.Maybe he should put in a transfer request then? Or sign for us right now (Contracts end June 30, he can negotiate a deal with 6 months left of that which is in 2 days)? Or not force a move in the first place?

I want him back as much as anyone but if he loved Hibs so much he'd be playing for Hibs.

bingo70
29-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Maybe he should put in a transfer request then? Or sign for us right now (Contracts end June 30, he can negotiate a deal with 6 months left of that which is in 2 days)? Or not force a move in the first place?

I want him back as much as anyone but if he loved Hibs so much he'd be playing for Hibs.

Nonsense.

Assume he’s earning around £7k per week at Celtic sand the most he’s going to earn at hibs is around £2k per week. Stop and think about those numbers for a minute, there’s no way he could walk away from that deal at Celtic for the sake of a season, or even 6 months football.

He’ll hopefully come back to hibs when celtic offer him a pay off, until then his hands are tied.

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Nonsense.

Assume he’s earning around £7k per week at Celtic sand the most he’s going to earn at hibs is around £2k per week. Stop and think about those numbers for a minute, there’s no way he could walk away from that deal at Celtic for the sake of a season, or even 6 months football.

He’ll hopefully come back to hibs when celtic offer him a pay off, until then his hands are tied.

Yup. Different in the EPL or whatever where players earn that much money that they can afford to write big sums off.

Scott Allan would be mental to write off that kind of money, especially when he knows Hibs will still want him in the summer anyway.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Nonsense.

Or he'll go somewhere else if they offer him more than us. He obviously values actually playing football very little. Which is of course his right but again, if he wanted to play for Hibs he would. He just values his wages more, which is fair enough. Its not like he'd be on food stamps with 2k per week.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2018, 01:04 PM
As much as I want Scott Allan to come back, it’s not gonna solve all of our problems. We need to move a couple on a bring another 4/5 in, IMO. But it would definitely be a good start!

Agyepong OUT: New winger IN.
Hyndman OUT: New AM IN (Allan?)
New ST
New box to box midfielder (SJM type)
New deeplying playmaker (Mallan will never be McGeouch)

Zazu62
30-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Scott Allan and another decent strong CM would be a good start

bingo70
30-12-2018, 01:08 PM
As much as I want Scott Allan to come back, it’s not gonna solve all of our problems. We need to move a couple on a bring another 4/5 in, IMO. But it would definitely be a good start!

Scott Allan would be great as he’s a guaranteed starter and improvement on the starting 11.

I think our squad size just now is fine, we’ve not got enough ‘first name on the team sheet’ type players just now though.

No more squad fillers like Harry the Greek and Nelom please Lenny!

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 01:53 PM

New ST

Agyepong, Nelom, Hyndman, Milligan, McLaren all out - defensive midfielder, creative midfielder, winger and two strikers in. That’s what we need.

Not sure what stage Block is at, whether he’s viewed as development squad or first team but the fact he’s been scouted and been successful in two trials and given a contract could suggest he’s the ‘engine room’ type midfielder we so desperately need.

That midfield last night reminded me of the Fenlon and Calderwood days - sad stuff.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Agyepong, Nelom, Hyndman, Milligan, McLaren all out - defensive midfielder, creative midfielder, winger and two strikers in. That’s what we need.

Not sure what stage Block is at, whether he’s viewed as development squad or first team but the fact he’s been scouted and been successful in two trials and given a contract could suggest he’s the ‘engine room’ type midfielder we so desperately need.

That midfield last night reminded me of the Fenlon and Calderwood days - sad stuff.

I wouldn’t bet on Agyepong going as he’ll be fit at the end of the break. Milligan has a 2 year deal as well.

The rest can bolt.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 02:00 PM

New ST

Kamara could be the defensive mid.
We also need a right back.
We should be ambitious and go for shankland as well.

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 02:02 PM
I wouldn’t bet on Agyepong going as he’ll be fit at the end of the break. Milligan has a 2 year deal as well.

The rest can bolt.

It was my wish list bud, but I agree that we’re saddled with Milligan who I think is awful in this league - slow and cumbersome and doesn’t read the pace of the league well. Agyepong I think will get sent back hopefully - can’t see him putting a run of two games together. Looked decidedly sprightly on his feet pre and post game yesterday. Don’t think the young lad is injured at all but that’s my opinion.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2018, 02:11 PM
It was my wish list bud, but I agree that we’re saddled with Milligan who I think is awful in this league - slow and cumbersome and doesn’t read the pace of the league well. Agyepong I think will get sent back hopefully - can’t see him putting a run of two games together. Looked decidedly sprightly on his feet pre and post game yesterday. Don’t think the young lad is injured at all but that’s my opinion.

If he was fit then it adds to the every growing list of Neil Lennon’s radge selection decisions this season.

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 02:13 PM
If he was fit then it adds to the every growing list of Neil Lennon’s radge selection decisions this season.

I think the manager alluded to it in the press and media post game that he’s fed up with injuries being played out.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 02:14 PM

He got injured late on, think it may have been the Dundee game. He’s looked decent in the small amount of time he’s played. He’s however had a catalogue of injuries over last few seasons, so a big decision for Hibs to make this week on him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Block will be going into the development side for the foreaeeable.

GreenArmy1875
30-12-2018, 02:17 PM
For me we lacked a leader in the middle of the park. Someone like Mcginns character that lead by example. Hearts had the boy Haring who is no world beater but he controlled the game with his aggression and willingness to work hard for the team something we have lacked all season

Famous Fiver
30-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Agyepong wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes against the Hearts hammer throwers. He would have landed in Row Z.

In my opinion.

erin go bragh
30-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Allan , Kamara and Eaves . Can maybe see Lennon doing a double striker deal ,same as last season . With Kamberi and Maclaren leaving .

Lemonade
30-12-2018, 03:19 PM
The pressure on Scott Allan to change our season would be huge and I wouldn't envy him.

He's not the messiah and certainly couldn't do it all by himself .

(should he sign)

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 03:22 PM
The pressure on Scott Allan to change our season would be huge and I wouldn't envy him.

(should he sign)

Most know this. We need 3/4 new bodies in.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Most know this. We need 3/4 new bodies in.

3/4 to go straight into the team

Stuart93
30-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Yep, can’t be anymore fringe players. It has to be quality players ready to go straight in

Since90+2
30-12-2018, 03:38 PM

(should he sign)

Agreed. He's not played all season and will be nowhere near match fit. It's likely to take him a good few games to get up to speed.

Also, as much as Allan is undoubtedly a good player he's not that good that he is suddenly going to singlehandedly transform the team.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Agreed. He's not played all season and will be nowhere near match fit. It's likely to take him a good few games to get up to speed.

Also, as much as Allan is undoubtedly a good player he's not that good that he is suddenly going to singlehandedly transform the team.

Don’t think Allan has played a competitive game since around September

Crab apple
30-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Absolutely. We need players who can go straight in. Not sure how fit SA will be.

Scott Allan
Big, experienced, physical striker
Wide player
Defensive midfielder
Replacement for Efe if he goes.

Hibees1973
30-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Unless we get a mystery benefactor like them across the road it seems to me we will need to sell to have a decent amount to spend.

If we get a bid for Efe we should take cash then add it to the remaining amount from the McGinn deal and the money made from our Europa League run. Don’t want to sell Porteous yet.

Lennon needs to hand a list like this to the board.

Louis Moult (Preston)
Kenny McLean (Norwich)......ex Aberdeen, only had 1 start for Norwich so may be injured
Scott Allan (Celtic)
Glenn Kamara (Dundee)
Iglesias (Asteras)......big Argie midfielder who was great against us at Easter Road.

These are all players who would improve our team and get us competing at the top end of the table. May not get them all immediately, but possibly in the summer.

If Lennon does not get these players, or comparable ones, he will be offski (similar to John Collins a few years back). Can’t see him tolerating another batch of lower league, budget signings.

This list may be ambitious, but we are at a crossroads just now, as is Lennon.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 04:28 PM
If Lennon does not get these players, or comparable ones, he will be offski (similar to John Collins a few years back). Can’t see him tolerating another batch of lower league, budget signings.

If Lennon doesn’t start winning some games after the break he might not make it until the summer.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Unless we get a mystery benefactor like them across the road it seems to me we will need to sell to have a decent amount to spend.

If we get a bid for Efe we should take cash then add it to the remaining amount from the McGinn deal and the money made from our Europa League run. Don’t want to sell Porteous yet.

Lennon needs to hand a list like this to the board.

Louis Moult (Preston)
Kenny McLean (Norwich)......ex Aberdeen, only had 1 start for Norwich so may be injured
Scott Allan (Celtic)
Glenn Kamara (Dundee)
Iglesias (Asteras)......big Argie midfielder who was great against us at Easter Road.

These are all players who would improve our team and get us competing at the top end of the table. May not get them all immediately, but possibly in the summer.

This list may be ambitious, but we are at a crossroads just now, as is Lennon.

Why do we need to sell? What happened to the money we made from McGinn? Or the Euro games?

Hibees1973
30-12-2018, 04:35 PM
If Lennon doesn’t start winning some games after the break he might not make it until the summer.

Possibly.....who would you suggest as his replacement and who Hibs would get.

matty_f
30-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Why do we need to sell? What happened to the money we made from McGinn? Or the Euro games?

Think we've spent some of it mate. Just a stab in the dark on the basis that we signed quite a few players in the summer and extended contracts etc.

Hibees1973
30-12-2018, 04:38 PM

The kind of money some of these players would cost we would have to boost our spending power.

Libby Hibby
30-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Glen Kamara looks like he is heading to the capital...the Welsh one.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Possibly.....who would you suggest as his replacement and who Hibs would get.

No idea. But there are hundreds of managers out there. If the current one doesn’t start getting result we need to get someone in who can.

I don’t think he should be away just now by the way. But the negative results can’t be allowed to continue indefinitely. Even without signing anyone, he should still be getting more from the current team.

Brightside
30-12-2018, 04:46 PM
No idea. But there are hundreds of managers out there. If the current one doesn’t start getting result we need to get someone in who can.

I don’t think he should be away just now by the way. But the negative results can’t be allowed to continue indefinitely. Even without signing anyone, he should still be getting more from the current team.

If we get rid of Lennon we won’t be getting any other players in. That would blow our budget.

Diclonius
30-12-2018, 05:38 PM
If we're going to compete this season (or just win one of the 1/2 remaining derbies) then NONE of our existing midfield should be considered automatic starters past January.

houstonhibbee
30-12-2018, 06:05 PM
If we're going to compete this season (or just win one of the 1/2 remaining derbies) then NONE of our existing midfield should be considered automatic starters past January.
Individually they all have some abilities but not all four in the same midfield, that doesn’t work.

Waxy
30-12-2018, 06:06 PM
A couple of key midfielders and a hungry striker.

geohibby
30-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Reading that Scott Allan spotted at the game last night, not sure if mentioned anywhere else on herehttps://twitter.com/bendalziel/status/1079167276719460352/photo/1

erin go bragh
30-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Sell our best player in Ambrose 👀 behave yourself. We need more quality in . None out .