PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

JimBHibees
25-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Last season we added to an already good squad and team. This season our squad is a shambles and we have 6 days to bring in a lot of quality to have any slim hope of saving the season.

Squad clearly isnt a shambles but needs 2 or 3 quality in. Sounds like you dont want it to get better given the vehemence of your position that the end is nigh. Neil Lennon has IMO earned the right to sort it out. Then we consider where we are at the end of the season and judge then. There have been factors not sure Europe has helped us much with the early start and the injuries have not helped that is for sure. Though selections and constant change of shape and personnel have been strange also so that needs to be taken into account.

JimBHibees
25-01-2019, 11:37 AM
This is what irks me. We have issues for a variety of reasons but comments like this are just ridiculously over the top.

Yep not so long ago we totally outplayed the best team in the country so to say the squad is a shambles is hyperbole.

allmodcons
25-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Aye, folk are delighted. :confused:

I’d suggest that if you look at the posters you’re aiming that at then the vast majority will be positive if there’s something to be positive about - maybe check the Scott Allan signing thread. There’s hardly anything on the pitch to be positive about right now however so people won’t be positive.

Genuine questions. What positives are posting about just now? Do you see anything positive to comment on?

Tobias Funke
25-01-2019, 11:42 AM
The magical last few days of the window that sets us up brilliantly towards the end of the season like that season erm never.

You are on Rocky ground with that argument.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Genuine questions. What positives are posting about just now? Do you see anything positive to comment on?

There’s nothing much positive being posted just now because we’re on an absolutely atrocious run, one which has been a sackable run of form for previous managers who had much lower expectations and budgets. Right now I don’t see much positive to comment on, no. It’s hard to see many positives when you’ve won 2 games in 14 imo.

If there is something positive to comment on though then people will be positive. Like I said, when Scott Allan was announced the reaction was nearly universal positivity. Likewise when we were flying last season.

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 11:51 AM
We must have the most fickle fans in Scotland. We have had a bad few months. Caused by a variety of reasons. Horrendous Injuries and our new signings not living up to their billing hasn't helped. Most of the players we signed were internationals so its fair to say Lennon probably expected more from them. But some people on here seem to really revel in Hibs being poor. Its the same on Facebook ect, many want Lennon sacked after a bad spell.

When did we become so entitled? No wonder many people just avoid the sites when we are playing poor.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 11:53 AM
We must have the most fickle fans in Scotland. We have had a bad few months. Caused by a variety of reasons. Horrendous Injuries and our new signings not living up to their billing hasn't helped. Most of the players we signed were internationals so its fair to say Lennon probably expected more from them. But some people on here seem to really revel in Hibs being poor. Its the same on Facebook ect, many want Lennon sacked after a bad spell.

When did we become so entitled? No wonder many people just avoid the sites when we are playing poor.

The fans have backed the club in record numbers for the third season in a row. We’re 8th in the league, 2 wins in 14 and just got beat by 9th place who are now closing the gap on us. We also got beat at home by a Hearts team who have been toiling big time aswell. Hibs fans are entitled to expect better than that.

Tobias Funke
25-01-2019, 11:58 AM
The fans have backed the club in record numbers for the third season in a row. We’re 8th in the league, 2 wins in 14 and just got beat by 9th place who are now closing the gap on us. Hibs fans are entitled to expect better than that.

:top marks

Quite worrying when its laid out like that. From such a promising start to the season, the last few months have been totally unacceptable, especially with the backing the fans have given the club.

(See, I do agree with you sometimes Calum :greengrin)

DarlingtonHibee
25-01-2019, 11:59 AM
We need 4 or 5 more of quality.

Can you tell me what experience you have of recruiting?

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 12:00 PM
The fans have backed the club in record numbers for the third season in a row. We’re 8th in the league, 2 wins in 14 and just got beat by 9th place who are now closing the gap on us. Hibs fans are entitled to expect better than that.

I know its a bad spell. I have acknowledged that. But we are Hibs, not Juventus. Even though we have a bigger budget than Motherwell its not huge! We don't have any given right to go away to Motherwell midweek and demand a win. We never have. Christ, Motherwell even beat Hibs in a League Cup final when we had the famous 5 in our team!

It may just be the lack of patience in people nowadays. Or the fact there is a platform for complainers to complain. I don't know what it is, but the last couple of days have been hugely over the top.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Squad clearly isnt a shambles but needs 2 or 3 quality in. Sounds like you dont want it to get better given the vehemence of your position that the end is nigh. Neil Lennon has IMO earned the right to sort it out. Then we consider where we are at the end of the season and judge then. There have been factors not sure Europe has helped us much with the early start and the injuries have not helped that is for sure. Though selections and constant change of shape and personnel have been strange also so that needs to be taken into account.

The European games will have helped our finances, though.

Johnny_Leith
25-01-2019, 12:09 PM
The fans have backed the club in record numbers for the third season in a row. We’re 8th in the league, 2 wins in 14 and just got beat by 9th place who are now closing the gap on us. We also got beat at home by a Hearts team who have been toiling big time aswell. Hibs fans are entitled to expect better than that.

That's all part of being a supporter of a club like Hibs though?

I saw someone state, regarding £22 for Elgin at home, that "the club never gives anything back" when I asked wasn't 21/5/16 the club (finally) giving back, I never got a response.

We aren't going to be as good as we were second half of last season all the time. Yes, we all want to strive for better and see hibs compete for honours consistently but it will take time and a bad season shouldn't see droves of fans leave and if it does it just goes to highlight that hibs do attract more fair weather fans than most clubs in Scotland.

Does anyone recall hearts' second season after promotion? They went through a bit of a malaise and there was calls for the managers head (which eventually happened and then they regretted) but the attendances never really dropped throughout that poor season or the following season.

Lots of folk are bumping gums (not you , Callum) about not renewing their tickets but I don't understand that thought process? We want a successful hibs and in order to help that surely you attend and financially support the club? If a period of poor form puts you off then maybe hibs isn't the club for you (apart from when cup finals come around obviously, and everyone wants a ticket 🙄).

nonshinyfinish
25-01-2019, 12:16 PM
No transfer news then?

Captain Trips
25-01-2019, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling a new player will be announced today one of those not mentioned before types.

Bleeds green
25-01-2019, 12:23 PM

SPOT ON.

No leeway, two previous fantastic seasons count for nothing amongst some fans. Probably find most of these fans were singing lennons name at the games only a couple of months ago

Jones28
25-01-2019, 12:28 PM
What absolute crap!

2017/18 Profit £200k
2016/17 Loss £277k
2015/16 Profit £200k
2014/15 Loss £840k
2013/14 Loss £800k

Where's all this money that we're not spending?

Don't let facts get in the way of bollocks assumptions.

stu in nottingham
25-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Report on Jason Cummings

'turned down moves to League Two leaders Lincoln and MK Dons because, according to Fry, the 23-year-old doesn’t want to ply his trade in the fourth tier'

'There are also Scottish clubs chasing him, but Jason also doesn’t want to move back up there, even though he’s spending all of his time there at the moment.'

Nottingham Forest striker Jason Cummings has 'become a problem' at Peterborough

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-striker-jason-cummings-2468360

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 12:31 PM

I saw someone state, regarding £22 for Elgin at home, that "the club never gives anything back" when I asked wasn't 21/5/16 the club (finally) giving back, I never got a response.

We aren't going to be as good as we were second half of last season all the time. Yes, we all want to strive for better and see hibs compete for honours consistently but it will take time and a bad season shouldn't see droves of fans leave and if it does it just goes to highlight that hibs do attract more fair weather fans than most clubs in Scotland.

Does anyone recall hearts' second season after promotion? They went through a bit of a malaise and there was calls for the managers head (which eventually happened and then they regretted) but the attendances never really dropped throughout that poor season or the following season.

Lots of folk are bumping gums (not you , Callum) about not renewing their tickets but I don't understand that thought process? We want a successful hibs and in order to help that surely you attend and financially support the club? If a period of poor form puts you off then maybe hibs isn't the club for you (apart from when cup finals come around obviously, and everyone wants a ticket 🙄).

It used to be part of being an Aberdeen supporter aswell. Not anymore though. They’ve kicked on from a good position and sustained it for about 5 seasons or so now I think it will be? We’ve done the total opposite. And they also lost their 2 best midfielders in the summer aswell.

We weren’t going to be as good as last season but I think people still expected us to be in the mix for Europe or at least top six. As it stands we’re nowhere near the European places and we’re on an ongoing horrible run.

Hearts did have a poorer season in their second season back up but they’ve never dropped out the top six in any of the three seasons. I think a top six finish could avoid a drop in attendances for us or at least mean it’s a minimal drop off. I think a bottom six would see quite a significant drop off though.

I’ve actually not saw many on here suggest they won’t be renewing (which I suppose should allay my fears regarding a drop off a bit to be fair). It took a monumental event however to get these folk along. I don’t think it’s to far a stretch to think that if we have a really crap season then these folk won’t be as interested anymore.

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 12:35 PM
There’s nothing much positive being posted just now because we’re on an absolutely atrocious run, one which has been a sackable run of form for previous managers who had much lower expectations and budgets. Right now I don’t see much positive to comment on, no. It’s hard to see many positives when you’ve won 2 games in 14 imo.

If there is something positive to comment on though then people will be positive. Like I said, when Scott Allan was announced the reaction was nearly universal positivity. Likewise when we were flying last season.

I think the sentence in bold probably needs the word 'most' added in front of 'people'.

The undercovers and the very worst of the bedwetters just don't go positive. Actually I'm not sure some can even be classed as bedwetters, more like Fraser from Dad's Army - on a downer.

James Stephen
25-01-2019, 12:39 PM
I know its a bad spell. I have acknowledged that. But we are Hibs, not Juventus. Even though we have a bigger budget than Motherwell its not huge! We don't have any given right to go away to Motherwell midweek and demand a win. We never have. Christ, Motherwell even beat Hibs in a League Cup final when we had the famous 5 in our team!

It may just be the lack of patience in people nowadays. Or the fact there is a platform for complainers to complain. I don't know what it is, but the last couple of days have been hugely over the top.

Its not the bad run per se, but the reason for it. We were going along ok until our manager had a very public spat, started criticising everything and everyone, and all of a sudden our entire team suffer a complete collapse in confidence and motivation. Now you may think thats a coincidence, but i dont.

Lennon himself gave us all the big talk about toughening up, not accepting mediocre, not being flaky. If we apppy those principles to him, he is failing by a long shot.

8th position is unacceptable, and if that makes me entitled then that's fine. But trailing (and looking significantly worse than Killie, St J and Livi, never mind Hearts and Dons (i actually dont think we look much worse than hearts) is unacceptable.

This is, imo, self inflicted wound. This is not a bad squad, and these are not bad players. Yet we look like a disorganised rabble. That is unacceptable.

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Obviously we can't have scouts at every game, but having five that cover the top end of the championship would help us uncover talent that could make the step up. Most gems that are in the lower divisions, usually end up playing in the first division. Very rarely does a second or third division player, jump right in to the SPL.

Why not just have 6 and cover every game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
25-01-2019, 12:43 PM
It used to be part of being an Aberdeen supporter aswell. Not anymore though. They’ve kicked on from a good position and sustained it for about 5 seasons or so now I think it will be? We’ve done the total opposite. And they also lost their 2 best midfielders in the summer aswell.

We weren’t going to be as good as last season but I think people still expected us to be in the mix for Europe or at least top six. As it stands we’re nowhere near the European places and we’re on an ongoing horrible run.

Hearts did have a poorer season in their second season back up but they’ve never dropped out the top six in any of the three seasons. I think a top six finish could avoid a drop in attendances for us or at least mean it’s a minimal drop off. I think a bottom six would see quite a significant drop off though.

I’ve actually not saw many on here suggest they won’t be renewing (which I suppose should allay my fears regarding a drop off a bit to be fair). It took a monumental event however to get these folk along. I don’t think it’s to far a stretch to think that if we have a really crap season then these folk won’t be as interested anymore.

This cannot be ignored either. We get told "McGinn and McGeouch are gone now we were always going to struggle" we got far more money for losing they two than Aberdeen ever did and look at how they're getting on.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 12:44 PM
I think the sentence in bold probably needs the word 'most' added in front of 'people'.

The undercovers and the very worst of the bedwetters just don't go positive. Actually I'm not sure some can even be classed as bedwetters, more like Fraser from Dad's Army - on a downer.
Why not fire on to the Scott Allan thread and give us a list of who’s not delighted or omitted from the thread that is either undercover or a bedwetter in your eyes?

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 12:45 PM
This cannot be ignored either. We get told "McGinn and McGeouch are gone now we were always going to struggle" we got far more money for losing they two than Aberdeen ever did and look at how they're getting on.

We got nothing for McGeouch.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 12:46 PM

Combined we got far more money.

Centre Hawf
25-01-2019, 12:47 PM

And Aberdeen got nothing for Christie. I said we got far more for losing them both compared to Aberdeen losing theres. McGinns fee trumps the Aberdeen duo by a huge margin.

Johnny_Leith
25-01-2019, 12:48 PM

I'm not so sure Aberdeen can be used as a fair comparison. In that they've lost some decent players this season, yeah sure but not to the same extent as hibs, McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and now Efe really helped hibs be a footballing team, one that liked to get the ball down at play a fast attacking brand. I don't think Aberdeen can be labelled in the same way(granted, I don't see them anywhere near as much as I do hibs - just highlights packages and the occasional live TV game or when we play them) and losing their creative players has been offset less so than hibs. They're built on being a solid outfit and being more direct, we were all about our midfield and lost it in entirety. For me, Christie's rise to prominence has been pretty surprising as I didn't think he was particularly special at Aberdeen and think shinnie is much more vital to how they perform as a team than Christie ever was.

They've also had the whole 5 year period at a larger income by staying in the top league, have a stronger corporate income and a big spender recently come onto the board, not to mention the successful aberDNA scheme.

We're definitely a work in progress, and finishing bottom six looks like it's a real possibility now. It won't put me off, but my point in my last point was very much that one bad spell shouldn't result in people stopping their backing of the club. Everyone will be disappointed if we finish bottom six without a good cup run, which hopefully won't happen but there's still a decent chunk of the season to go so we will have to see what happens. But we all want hibs to be successful and challenge regularly for all honours and the fans need to stand up and be counted, so that if this season peters out to bottom six and no cup run then they need to suck it up and buy a season ticket again, or accept that hibs probably won't be successful.

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 12:50 PM
And Aberdeen got nothing for Christie. I said we got far more for losing them both compared to Aberdeen losing theres. McGinns fee trumps the Aberdeen duo by a huge margin.

And Aberdeen have an American investor piling money in.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Good post - IIRC Stewart Milne said in an interview 4 or 5 years ago something along the lines of he was: "...fed up of mediocrity" (i'm paraphrasing) and that they were going to take steps to address it.

Like the poster above says, they've largely achieved that over the last 5 seasons, and I wish our Board would follow suit and talk the club up in similar fashion - for instance there should have been a push this season to get us to 15/16k season tickets.

Some imaginative signings augmented with slicker marketing would have achieved that IMO, but no, here we are with less than a week left of the 2nd transfer window of the season and we're once again all sitting hoping something will happen on the transfer front, rather than expecting any decent permanent signings.

There's an air of apathy pervading Easter Road and if this Board don't watch, that will take hold among the fans as well.

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Its not the bad run per se, but the reason for it. We were going along ok until our manager had a very public spat, started criticising everything and everyone, and all of a sudden our entire team suffer a complete collapse in confidence and motivation. Now you may think thats a coincidence, but i dont.

Lennon himself gave us all the big talk about toughening up, not accepting mediocre, not being flaky. If we apppy those principles to him, he is failing by a long shot.

8th position is unacceptable, and if that makes me entitled then that's fine. But trailing (and looking significantly worse than Killie, St J and Livi, never mind Hearts and Dons (i actually dont think we look much worse than hearts) is unacceptable.

This is, imo, self inflicted wound. This is not a bad squad, and these are not bad players. Yet we look like a disorganised rabble. That is unacceptable.

He had a very public spat because he hates losing, and especially to Hearts. We have a winner managing our team (both as a player and a manager). After 2 successful season's the calls for his head etc after a few bad months are absolutely ludicrous. And it does sound entitled to me.

He raised the expectation levels last season and totally deserves the time to sort this out. No Hibs fans are happy with this bad spell, but stuff I have read on the forum this week is absolutely bonkers!

Centre Hawf
25-01-2019, 12:52 PM

ach well that's that then. May as well pack up n go home.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Hibs managers? Which ones?

I think your language is way over the top incidentally. This is a bad run, no doubt about that. Atrocious it is not - we don't have to look too far back to see some truly atrocious Hibs form. That's not to say it can't become that way, of course - recent signs are worrying, no doubt. But I don't think we need to catastrophize.

Lennon has lost only 14 out of 60 SPL games with Hibs. Again, it's the draws that kill us. Hopefully a bit of extra quality can turn draws into wins, like it did last season.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 12:58 PM

Yup - another one for the "why we're not allowed to measure ourselves against any other clubs/or unfair comparison bingo card".

Here's another one: "they've not got the infastructure costs we've got either", etc, etc...

SquashedFrogg
He had a very public spat because he hates losing, and especially to Hearts. We have a winner managing our team (both as a player and a manager). After 2 successful season's the calls for his head etc after a few bad months are absolutely ludicrous. And it does sound entitled to me.

He raised the expectation levels last season and totally deserves the time to sort this out. No Hibs fans are happy with this bad spell, but stuff I have read on the forum this week is absolutely bonkers!

Bonkers indeed. He more than deserves time. Seems we live in world now where patience and time mean nothing. God knows how some on here would've handled the Alex Miller era.

The 90+2

Where’s the money being piled? I can’t see any stand out big £ signings in their squad. They identify players early on to suit a position or a style of play, St Johnstone too. Their average league position over the past ten years is well better than ours and they won the cup also. They continuously lose their better players but punch above their weight. Motherwell look like they have 3 amazing prospects playing every week too.

Lago
25-01-2019, 01:00 PM
To be honest if people aren't going to renew their STs because we are struggling a bit then I'd suggest watching Hibs isn't for them.

It's great many have piggy backed onto us after the cup win but if they look at our history they'll see this isn't a new situation.
Those that don't know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them. Should be Hibs slogan.

Lago
25-01-2019, 01:05 PM
We've got STF & Rod :greengrin

HoboHarry
Bonkers indeed. He more than deserves time. Seems we live in world now where patience and time mean nothing. God knows how some on here would've handled the Alex Miller era.
Or former players like Ally McLeod, he would have been crucified by our social media loving FIFA warriors but he remains one of my favourite ever players....

Barman Stanton

That very thought re the Miller era had crossed my mind. We are generally in a good place, but going through a bad spell. You would think we were going to the wall or rock bottom!

James Stephen
25-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Fair enough, thats your view.

I see a team of players who have fallen out with their manager, and a manager who is incapable of fixing it. Ergo, i see only one outcome.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Out of curiosity, I just had a look and Hearts had one point more than we currently do after 22 games of last season, and sat in 5th - they finished a whole 18 points behind us and yet only two places behind us in 6th. The season before they finished 5th with 46 points, a whole 12 points behind St. Johnstone in 4th. Partick managed 6th with only 42.

It's a supremely competitive league this year. Even after the recent bad run, in 8th place we're still closer (points-wise) to the top than we are the bottom. We need to improve, and quickly, but other teams have turned around bad spells this season.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Hibs managers? Which ones?

I think your language is way over the top incidentally. This is a bad run, no doubt about that. Atrocious it is not - we don't have to look too far back to see some truly atrocious Hibs form. That's not to say it can't become that way, of course - recent signs are worrying, no doubt. But I don't think we need to catastrophize.

Lennon has lost only 14 out of 60 SPL games with Hibs. Again, it's the draws that kill us. Hopefully a bit of extra quality can turn draws into wins, like it did last season.

Admittedly I’ve not checked the stats myself but somebody said it on here and nobody questioned it that I saw - I just presumed it was true. I would think the likes of Calderwood and Hughes were on similar runs to this though.

We’ll agree to disagree on how bad a run it is. 2 wins in 14 is atrocious in my eyes. As others have said, the fact we’ve been crap before shouldn’t mean that we just go “ach well, been here before haven’t we? Just need to accept it” especially when our crowds have pretty much doubled since they days and our budget will be much much larger now.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 01:19 PM
That very thought re the Miller era had crossed my mind. We are generally in a good place, but going through a bad spell. You would think we were going to the wall or rock bottom!

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure if it's playstation fifa syndrome, too much skysports or what. But people need to calm down a bit.

If we are sacking a manager like Lennon, or wanting a complete overhaul of our recruitment strategy after the few seasons I've just experienced, then we may as well pack up.

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 01:19 PM

People are making comparisons which don't work.

The evidence (accounts) show that Hibs are willing to push budgets to the limit which, over the past 3 years has us breaking even (+/- £200k) and that's including the cup win and it's aftermath. What more do you want the board to do?

Some posters keep repeating that the window's been open for weeks and still no sign of strikers. Do they honestly believe that the club haven't been trying or are they just bumping their gums for the sake of it?

After the win over Elgin Horgan was for many "the first name on the team sheet". By Thursday morning he was crap again.

At the end of the last transfer window, the vast majority on here were generally happy with the club's dealings, albeit with some reservations about the smallish squad, although it seemed that we'd gone for quality over quantity. Apparently these same players are crap and "Lennon" and the recruitment team aren't up to the job.

There are well documented reasons (availability) why the team haven't clicked recently, but many have chosen to ignore these and are having a pop at everyone from Leeann to the Fans' reps.

We'll see what happens if we manage to announce a player and get a win over the weekend- maybe bi-polar.net will be a different place.

It's getting boring...

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure if it's playstation fifa syndrome, too much skysports or what. But people need to calm down a bit.

If we are sacking a manager like Lennon, or wanting a complete overhaul of our recruitment strategy after the few seasons I've just experienced, then we may as well pack up.

What becomes unacceptable in your eyes?

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Where’s the money being piled? I can’t see any stand out big £ signings in their squad. They identify players early on to suit a position or a style of play, St Johnstone too. Their average league position over the past ten years is well better than ours and they won the cup also. They continuously lose their better players but punch above their weight. Motherwell look like they have 3 amazing prospects playing every week too.

They spend more on wages than us. If they can afford to offer higher wages from the outset, then it'll obviously be easier to make early signings.

I don't see how that's difficult to work out or understand.

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 01:33 PM

The evidence (accounts) show that Hibs are willing to push budgets to the limit which, over the past 3 years has us breaking even (+/- £200k) and that's including the cup win and it's aftermath. What more do you want the board to do?

Some posters keep repeating that the window's been open for weeks and still no sign of strikers. Do they honestly believe that the club haven't been trying or are they just bumping their gums for the sake of it?

After the win over Elgin Horgan was for many "the first name on the team sheet". By Thursday morning he was crap again.

At the end of the last transfer window, the vast majority on here were generally happy with the club's dealings, albeit with some reservations about the smallish squad, although it seemed that we'd gone for quality over quantity. Apparently these same players are crap and "Lennon" and the recruitment team aren't up to the job.

There are well documented reasons (availability) why the team haven't clicked recently, but many have chosen to ignore these and are having a pop at everyone from Leeann to the Fans' reps.

We'll see what happens if we manage to announce a player and get a win over the weekend- maybe bi-polar.net will be a different place.

It's getting boring...

They have a private agenda which is repeated in almost every post.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2019, 01:33 PM
When does a player have to be signed by, to play on Sunday?

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 01:35 PM
What becomes unacceptable in your eyes?

Not sure where to start with this tbh and can't really be bothered.

So let's say we finish 7th. I'd say that's not great, but not 'unacceptable'. Unacceptable is quite a strong term.

If after 1/2 a bad season we are sacking managers then the worlds gone mad.

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 01:36 PM
When does a player have to be signed by, to play on Sunday?

Probably tonight i imagine

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 01:36 PM
They spend more on wages than us. If they can afford to offer higher wages from the outset, then it'll obviously be easier to make early signings.

What's their gates and season-ticket sales compared to ours? Have they had any big-ticket transfer monies coming in?

Maybe that's what some of us with less cognitive attributes have difficulty understanding.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Lennon publicly declared he wanted 2 or 3 on the plane to Dubai. He got none. The closest he got was Gauld coming in a week later on the last day of the camp. Does the attitude of “do you not know how a transfer window works” that some posters have to anyone who questions our business apply to Lennon aswell?

Unseen work
25-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Looking at our bench on Saturday shows how far off we are.

Halkett would be a very good addition in the centre of defence
Winger with pace
Striker

Thay is the minimum we need by the close of the window imo.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Admittedly I’ve not checked the stats myself but somebody said it on here and nobody questioned it that I saw - I just presumed it was true. I would think the likes of Calderwood and Hughes were on similar runs to this though.

We’ll agree to disagree on how bad a run it is. 2 wins in 14 is atrocious in my eyes. As others have said, the fact we’ve been crap before shouldn’t mean that we just go “ach well, been here before haven’t we? Just need to accept it” especially when our crowds have pretty much doubled since they days and our budget will be much much larger now.

Absolutely no danger - Calderwood's overall record with us was P 49 W 12 D 11 L 26 - Lennon has lost two games less than that from 123. Calderwood's first 15 league games before he had that five game winning run that kept us up was W 2 D 2 L 11- we got knocked out of the SC to third division Ayr during that time too. The league games following he was P 24 W 4 D 7 L 13 before he got sacked.

Hughes was sacked after a league run of P 22 W 4 D 4 L 14 - during that time we also lost a four goal lead at Motherwell and went out of the SC to 1st Division Ross County.

After Fenlon took over from Calderwood our remaining league games were P 23 W 5 D 4 L 14 - he went on to improve us greatly the following year.

Butcher was only in charge for 25 league games and lost 13 of them.

Once again, Lennon has lost 14 league games out of 60, in the SPL (with a strong OF and Aberdeen and Hearts punching their weight also). The run you refer to (which is poor) is P 14 W 2 D 6 L 6

I know what you're going to say, that this doesn't mean that we'll appoint a worse manager than Lennon - and I can't argue with that (though it's far from certain). What I am arguing with is your use of the word atrocious - especially in the context of the managerial records of some from our very recent history. You seem to have blocked the past out (possibly understandably given how bad we've been!) but not remembering things properly it doesn't give your argument about us being atrocious much credence.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 01:43 PM
You do enjoy sarcastic replies to posters genuinely concerned at the state of our squad and our season don't u - have you anything remotely worthwhile to bring to the discussion or just laugh at posters concerned about the state we are currently in???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You're right to pick me up about being sarcastic. There's no need for that and I apologise to the poster I replied to.

I get extremely frustrated when folk say stuff like "why don't Hibs sign someone" etc etc.

Comments like that aren't remotely worthwhile either. We all know Hibs are trying to sign players. Trying hard to sign the right players.

Sarcasm isn't the correct response to a question like that, but what is? Unless someone says it's because of Petrie's penny pinching, every other explanation is rejected.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 01:45 PM
How come other teams identify and sign targets earlier then?? This is such a .net myth and it really is utter nonsense...it was trotted out all last August too and what happened on deadline day...? That's right we signed nobody and went into the season with 2 senior strikers and a development squad graduate largely untested

And there's an example. An explanation is given then immediately rejected

What do you think the reason(s) is?

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Saying that it’s ‘now about next season’ with 16 league games to go, plus the Scottish Cup, shows the state this current Hibs team is in.

At the start of the season it was all going to be all right once we got everyone up to speed. Then it moved on to being all right come January. Now it’ll be moving on to being all right next year. None of that is much good to those who have shelled out for a season ticket this year and likely the reason we’ll see a noticeable drop off on uptake next year.

You missed out the bit about us losing our brilliant midfield then things being compounded by the injury situation.

Unseen work
25-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Would anyone take Allan Campbell or David Turnbull from Motherwell?

Turnbull out of contract in the summer. This is his breakthrough season and already has 5 goals

Hibbyradge
That's all just way too rational. You've barely bothered to bring along a pitchfork or light a single torch FFS.

Here's what I think is going to happen:

We're going to sign one or two more players this window - they'll be signed with an eye on quality and longer term strengthening of the team and squad, not just panic buys. Anyone who thinks the recruitment team don't know what they're doing or aren't trying properly either has an agenda or is letting their pain talk for them.

We'll rally to a degree in the remainder of the season as the new guys blend in. We might finish top 6 or we might not, that doesn't really matter in one sense because realistically this is now about next season. I pretty much don't care where we finish as long as it looks like we've found our mojo again and are heading the right way.

All of this was always going to happen one way or another after having the best midfield in the country gutted from us during the summer. A remarkably bad run of luck with injuries has just magnified that brutally.

Season tickets might drop - that depends on how we finish the season, not the position but the form and style.

Talk of penny pinching is, in my view, complete pi5h. Some of it seems to come from people with weird agendas of their own. Its hard to see how the signings we have made and the wages that some of these players will be on can be used to sustain the myth of penny pinching.

I hope Lennon stays and gets the time needed to complete the rebuild. Football clubs everywhere are littered with histories of managers not given enough time. LD isn't daft and she will know when to hang on to someone and when to let them go. She will also more broadly be making the right decisions for the club in the medium and long term, she knows what bad short-term management decisions have done to other clubs.

The Motherwell game, in my opinion, tells us little about what's coming in the next phase of Hibernian. I'll save judgment on that for when I see what we look like once the window is done and our team is reshaped in the games ahead

Exactly.

calumhibee1
Absolutely no danger - Calderwood's overall record with us was P 49 W 12 D 11 L 26 - Lennon has lost two games less than that from 123. Calderwood's first 15 league games before he had that five game winning run that kept us up was W 2 D 2 L 11- we got knocked out of the SC to third division Ayr during that time too. The league games following he was P 24 W 4 D 7 L 13 before he got sacked.

Hughes was sacked after a league run of P 22 W 4 D 4 L 14 - during that time we also lost a four goal lead at Motherwell and went out of the SC to 1st Division Ross County.

After Fenlon took over from Calderwood our remaining league games were P 23 W 5 D 4 L 14 - he went on to improve us greatly the following year.

Once again, Lennon has lost 14 league games out of 60, in the SPL (with a strong OF and Aberdeen and Hearts punching their weight also). The run you refer to (which is poor) is P 14 W 2 D 6 L 6

I know what you're going to say, that this doesn't mean that we'll appoint a worse manager than Lennon - and I can't argue with that (though it's far from certain). What I am arguing with is your use of the word atrocious - especially in the context of the managerial records of some from our very recent history. You seem to have blocked the past out (possibly understandably given how bad we've been!) but not remembering things properly it doesn't give your argument about us being atrocious much credence.

So Hughes run was slightly longer but probably not too dissimilar. He picked up 16 points in 22 while our current run is 10 points in 14. A PPG ratio which is actually slightly in Yogis favour but admittedly over a longer period of time. Yogi however didn’t have a budget derived from average attendances of 17k. He also finished 4th in the previous season just like Lennon did.

Calderwoords run that lead to him being sacked actually had the best PPG of the three runs of form in question. Again though, a run over a longer period of time to balance that out.

Like I said, it was posted on here and wasn’t challenged. It doesn’t seem to be hugely wrong to say Hughes got sacked with a similar run of form though. Infact it doesn’t seem that far off to say Calderwoods was similar.. slightly better PPG but over a longer period.

Again, we’ve obviously got different definitions of atrocious. What’s gone on previously at Hibs doesn’t really matter to me. My thoughts on our current form being atrocious are based on our 17k or so average gate and biggest ever footballing budget. Not what other managers done with much smaller budgets previously.

The 90+2

They at best spend a marginal amount of wages more than us and even that I can’t remember a player both sides wanted that chose them for more money. Who is their highest earner and what is our structure as you obviously know. Average wage is a different question.

Liberal Hibby
25-01-2019, 01:55 PM

It's getting boring...

Quite :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Here's an interview with NL. Makes a bit of a change from the repetitive negative rubbish we get shoved down our collective throats on this thread....

https://mobile.twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1088783020742660097?fbclid=IwAR3c4cu7BAGlDkxsfHLfJ m_axkdR5uTNTb9An-RYbKhysomIW-9bXJ1xSrU

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Would anyone take Allan Campbell or David Turnbull from Motherwell?

Turnbull out of contract in the summer. This is his breakthrough season and already has 5 goals

Both are fantastic prostpects. Turnbull was immense the other night. They didn’t even have Cadden who is also someone we should be looking st.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Both are fantastic prostpects. Turnbull was immense the other night. They didn’t even have Cadden who is also someone we should be looking st.

Where was he? Surely not injured? Hibs are the team with injuries, nobody else.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Yogi got sacked the season after he got us into Europe just like Lennon. What was Yogis record for the actual season he was sacked? I’m thinking completely similar if not better than Lennons this season.

Liberal Hibby
25-01-2019, 02:11 PM
So Hughes run was slightly longer but probably not too dissimilar. He picked up 16 points in 22 while our current run is 10 points in 14. A PPG ratio which is actually slightly in Yogis favour but admittedly over a longer period of time. Yogi however didn’t have average a budget derived from average attendances of 17k. He also finished 4th in the previous season just like Lennon did.

Hughes lost 80% of the matches he was in charge for (14/22). Lennon has lost less than a third (4/14). The two runs are not comparable and you're just post hoc justifying your headless chicken reaction to a poor run of form.

You and Hermit Crab and 90+2 are probably the same poster with your tag team moaning and bumping and jumping on every negative thing coming out of Easter Road. We've been in far worse places than now and with far worse managers and playing squads. The fact that two or three of you are constantly moaning is indicative of nothing in the wider support - even if you and your 'mates' dominate every thread.

Even if we finish in the bottom six we'll have more season ticket holders next season than we will have had in any season in the last 30 odd years bar this one - because grown up Hibs supporters know the difference between bad times and good - and this is the good times. Calling for Neil Lennon's head because you can't take a few defeats and poor performances when we are in the state of flux through an appalling injury list is bedwetting of the highest order and the sort of behaviour that ends up with Terry ****ing Butcher as manager.

Keep the heid.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 02:12 PM
So Hughes run was slightly longer but probably not too dissimilar. He picked up 16 points in 22 while our current run is 10 points in 14. A PPG ratio which is actually slightly in Yogis favour but admittedly over a longer period of time. Yogi however didn’t have average a budget derived from average attendances of 17k. He also finished 4th in the previous season just like Lennon did.

Like I said, it was posted on here and wasn’t challenged, I presumed it was true and I just presumed Calderwood would have been one of them. Apologies if that was incorrect, it doesn’t seem to be hugely wrong to say Hughes got sacked with a similar run of form though.

Again, we’ve obviously got different definitions of atrocious. What’s gone on previously at Hibs doesn’t really matter to me. My thoughts on our current form being atrocious are based on our 17k or so average gate and biggest ever footballing budget. Not what other managers done with much smaller budgets previously.

No, Lennon has 0.85 points per game from this run, Yogi had 0.72 - we have taken 12 points from 14, not 10. Also Lennon's loss ratio is 43% from this run, Yogi's was 61%

Other factors - Yogi had a 14 game run between mid Feb and 1 May when we lost 10, won two and drew two. We lost 34 goals in those 14 games, including 5 to St. Johnstone, four to Hamilton and 6 to Motherwell. We lost two derbies also. We also lost six straight matches during the 14 games.

Yes we finished 4th under Yogi and I was very grateful for that - but it was with 13 less points than last season, we won three less games in 2009-10 and lost twice as many (14).

Don't think things are really that comparable at the moment. We've only conceded 23 goals and only two teams have beaten us by more than a goal.

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Yogi got sacked the season after he got us into Europe just like Lennon. What was Yogis record for the actual season he was sacked? I’m thinking completely similar if not better than Lennons this season.

And where did Yogi’s sacking get us? Ultimately on the slope to relegation.

Gordy M
25-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Thing is, you could make stats/records look good/bad depending on how you view them. I could say we have lost 2 out of the last 8 including three games against the old firm and a game against hearts.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:14 PM
No, Lennon has 0.85 points per game from this run, Yogi had 0.72 - we have taken 12 points from 14, not 10. Also Lennon's loss ratio is 43% from this run, Yogi's was 61%

Other factors - Yogi had a 14 game run between mid Feb and 1 May when we lost 10, won two and drew two. We lost 34 goals in those 14 games, including 5 to St. Johnstone, four to Hamilton and 6 to Motherwell. We lost two derbies also. We also lost six straight matches during the 14 games.

Yes we finished 4th under Yogi and I was very grateful for that - but it was with 13 less points than last season, we won three less games in 2009-10 and lost twice as many (14).

Don't think things are really that comparable at the moment

Apologies, I added this run up to 10 points, not 12.

My comment was about runs of form however, not the whole tenure. They’re not that far off being comparable imo, especially considering all the benefits that NL has that the others didn’t. Mainly crowds of double the size nearly and the budget that goes with it. But we’ll agree to disagree.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:15 PM

We can’t keep a manager based on the recruitment shambles of the past. I thought Yogi should have been given more time considering we sold Stokes last day of window and brought in Gow and Duffy but he also replaced good players with the likes of Ed De Graff.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2019, 02:15 PM

In the league it was P 7 W 1 D 2 L 4 - we lost to Killie in the League Cup as well, so 5 defeats from 8 games.

I'd also draw your attention to my previous post re: Hughes.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Thing is, you could make stats/records look good/bad depending on how you view them. I could say we have lost 2 out of the last 8 including three games against the old firm and a game against hearts.

You could. But draws are still generally pretty crap results so it still doesn’t look that impressive.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:17 PM
In the league it was P 7 W 1 D 2 L 4 - we lost to Killie in the League Cup as well, so 5 defeats from 8 games.

I'd also draw your attention to my previous post re: Hughes.

So very, very similar to Lennon this year then?

Thanks re the other post. 👍

Hibbyradge
No point sticking fingers in ears denying nothing is wrong and just be patient

There are several benefits of not panicking, imo. Lower blood pressure, a relaxed attitude and a happier outlook on life.

Remind us, what's the the point in moaning and whining and getting increasingly angry on an internet forum?

Stevie Reid
Apologies, I added this run up to 10 points, not 12.

My comment was about runs of form however, not the whole tenure. They’re not that far off being comparable imo, especially considering all the benefits that NL has that the others didn’t. Mainly crowds of double the size nearly and the budget that goes with it. But we’ll agree to disagree.

No need to apologise man, I chuck a lot of stats about!

I still take issue with your choice of the word atrocious, and don't believe that the records are very comparable - but happy to draw a line under it also.

SquashedFrogg
What's their gates and season-ticket sales compared to ours? Have they had any big-ticket transfer monies coming in?

Maybe that's what some of us with less cognitive attributes have difficulty understanding.

A quick search online will help you re finances. As of June 2018.

Aberdeen staff costs £8.5m
Hibs £5.3

Aberdeen turnover £15.2
Hibs £9.2

The 90+2
You could. But draws are still generally pretty crap results so it still doesn’t look that impressive.

Especially when the draws included 2 against the bottom 2 and Livingston who have the lowest budget by miles and have also beaten us.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 02:18 PM
You missed out the bit about us losing our brilliant midfield then things being compounded by the injury situation.

We’ve had injuries? I hadn’t seen you mention it. But I have actually acknowledged it in other posts. I just happen to think we should still be doing better despite it.

As for losing players, so have others. They have just replaced them and coped with it much better, Aberdeen being the best example of that. They paid 200k for a replacement and have had to release the boy on compassionate grounds this but I guess we’re the only team who face any kind of problems.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:18 PM

No. The subsequent appointments put us on that slope. Not Yogi being sacked. If the appointments that followed had been good then we wouldn’t have been anywhere near relegation.

Gordy M
25-01-2019, 02:19 PM

I agree, but i think we are not that far off, and certainly not atrocious as some have described, or we wouldnt have only lost 2 out of 8 including the games ive mentioned. Ive seen seasons we would havs lost all 4 of those.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:19 PM
There are several benefits of not panicking, imo. Lower blood pressure, a relaxed attitude and a happier outlook on life.

Remind us, what's the the point in moaning and whining and getting increasingly angry on an internet forum?

Because I’m on my clubs forum, a club/team I’m deeply concerned about the way we are heading. People like me will stay backing the side regardless, it’s the silent others who will just walk away without saying a word is the worry.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2019, 02:20 PM
You're right to pick me up about being sarcastic. There's no need for that and I apologise to the poster I replied to.

I get extremely frustrated when folk say stuff like "why don't Hibs sign someone" etc etc.

Comments like that aren't remotely worthwhile either. We all know Hibs are trying to sign players. Trying hard to sign the right players.

Sarcasm isn't the correct response to a question like that, but what is? Unless someone says it's because of Petrie's penny pinching, every other explanation is rejected.Fair play mate and yeah I guess we are all a wee bit frustrated just now...just gotta be patient and see what happens in the next 6 days or so...

calumhibee1
We’ve had injuries? I hadn’t seen you mention it.

:greengrin

To think HR was adamant my posting was incessant but his was fine. Started numerous threads to try get his point across aswell as the frequent posts.

Barman Stanton
We can’t keep a manager based on the recruitment shambles of the past. I thought Yogi should have been given more time considering we sold Stokes last day of window and brought in Gow and Duffy but he also replaced good players with the likes of Ed De Graff.

De Graff who had 5 Dutch B caps and over 200 appearances in the Dutch league? In the market we are in there are no guarantees with players, similar to the Irish International and Australian captain who we signed in the summer.

I didnt want rid of Yogi either, but he was hounded out by the football experts in our support.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:22 PM
De Graff who had 5 Dutch B caps and over 200 appearances in the Dutch league? In the market we are in there are no guarantees with players, similar to the Irish International and Australian captain who we signed in the summer.

I didnt want rid of Yogi either, but he was hounded out by the football experts in our support.

De Graff was a complete and utter huddy who’s legs had gone. He wasn’t hounded out either the board make a decision based on results in the season he was sacked in.

Stevie Reid
So very, very similar to Lennon this year then?

Thanks re the other post. 👍

Not at all, if you mean up to this point in the league - we have 29 points from 22 games, a PPG average that would currently see us finish the season on 50 points, enough to finish 5th in recent seasons. Yogi's 0.71 would have seen us gain only 27 points over a 38 game season.

No worries man.

The 90+2
Not at all, if you mean up to this point in the league - we have 29 points from 22 games, a PPG average that would currently see us finish the season on 50 points, enough to finish 5th in recent seasons. Yogi's 0.71 would have seen us gain only 27 points over a 38 game season.

No worries man.

Sound mate 👍

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Are you suggesting all the players, bar Efe, injured themselves, deliberately or otherwise?

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Especially when the draws included 2 against the bottom 2 and Livingston who have the lowest budget by miles and have also beaten us.

We beat Celtic and their budget dwarfs ours. How does that fit with your theory?

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 02:25 PM
No. The subsequent appointments put us on that slope. Not Yogi being sacked. If the appointments that followed had been good then we wouldn’t have been anywhere near relegation.

Think you have missed the point.

In our present situation we have people wanting a proven winner sacked. Who do we replace him with? Can we really afford a better manager than Lennon? And then the new manager goes through a bad spell and the usual suspects are back out demanding he goes as well. So unless we get it right first time we are on that slope again. Our support just don't give anyone time. They want it all and now. I have no idea where it comes from, even the Tornados only won one major cup!

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 02:28 PM
De Graff was a complete and utter huddy who’s legs had gone. He wasn’t hounded out either the board make a decision based on results in the season he was sacked in.

Come on, you really dont remember the support hounding out Yogi? Selective memory there. This forum was on absolute meltdown after the 6-6 game.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Not sure where to start with this tbh and can't really be bothered.

So let's say we finish 7th. I'd say that's not great, but not 'unacceptable'. Unacceptable is quite a strong term.

If after 1/2 a bad season we are sacking managers then the worlds gone mad.

What happens when it reaches the "unacceptable" stage?

Do we protest outside the ground?

Do we write angry emails to the board?

Or do we just prove how unacceptable it is by posting "it's unacceptable" as often as we can on social media?

I do need to know.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm beginning to think certain posters revel in being negative and angry. Perhaps a reflection on life? Who knows...

The same culprits however, tend to go quiet after a win.

Hibeesmad
25-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Come on, you really dont remember the support hounding out Yogi? Selective memory there. This forum was on absolute meltdown after the 6-6 game.

I recall several fans calling for his head away to St Johnstone which ended up being his last match as manager

Peevemor
25-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Maybe that's what some of us with less cognitive attributes have difficulty understanding.Aberdeen
Turnover £15.4m
Wages £8.6m

Hibs
Turnover £9.6m
Wages £5.3m

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/11/24/latest-accounts-show-strong-results-for-aberdeen-football-club/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9287

I may not use big words like what you do, but at least my arithmetic's not that bad.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:35 PM
What happens when it reaches the "unacceptable" stage?

Do we protest outside the ground?

Do we write angry emails to the board?

Or do we just prove how unacceptable it is by posting "it's unacceptable" as often as we can on social media?

I do need to know.

This is it for me. We live in a world now where if something doesn't match someones high expectations, then it's just 'unacceptable'. No middle ground. Simply unacceptable.

Logic, rationale etc means nothing in this new world I see before me.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Aberdeen
Turnover £15.4m
Wages £8.6m

Hibs
Turnover £9.6m
Wages £5.3m

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/11/24/latest-accounts-show-strong-results-for-aberdeen-football-club/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9287

I may not use big words like what you do, but at least my arithmetic's not that bad.

I posted same a few posts ago. Hopefully puts things into some context.

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 02:37 PM
I'm beginning to think certain posters revel in being negative and angry. Perhaps a reflection on life? Who knows...

Agreed. There are some on here who spend an extraordinary amount of time achieving nothing other than repeating basically the same comments ad infinitum. I genuinely wish that I had that much spare time.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Because I’m on my clubs forum, a club/team I’m deeply concerned about the way we are heading. People like me will stay backing the side regardless, it’s the silent others who will just walk away without saying a word is the worry.

How does your incessant complaining help that?

Or, to put it another way, what's the point of it?

The Modfather
25-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Another thread dominated by a handful of posters repeating themselves over and over with little in the way of any constructive debate going on from either side 😒

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Think you have missed the point.

In our present situation we have people wanting a proven winner sacked. Who do we replace him with? Can we really afford a better manager than Lennon? And then the new manager goes through a bad spell and the usual suspects are back out demanding he goes as well. So unless we get it right first time we are on that slope again. Our support just don't give anyone time. They want it all and now. I have no idea where it comes from, even the Tornados only won one major cup!

A proven winner of what? He’s not proving he’s winning much this year. He didn’t win as much as he really should have as a manager at Celtic considering the state of Rangers. He flopped at Bolton.

I’m not wanting to slate his managerial career by the way because he’s had a decent one, there’s no doubting that. But the proven winner stuff is so overplayed. If he didn’t shout and swear a lot and get suspended as often as he does it wouldn’t be spouted. Because his managerial career has been decent, that’s about it.

Ozyhibby
25-01-2019, 02:49 PM
I posted same a few posts ago. Hopefully puts things into some context.

It certainly shows that the Aberdeen board are better at bringing in money than the Hibs board given that their crowds are lower than ours.

Liberal Hibby
25-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Nope. A short term culture of constantly chopping and changing managers in search of an unrealistic level of performance leads to short termism, huge turnover of players, waste of resources with constant pay offs and inconsistency on the park. Let's learn from those days and get behind LD's model designed for stability and continuity.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 02:50 PM
We’ve had injuries? I hadn’t seen you mention it. But I have actually acknowledged it in other posts. I just happen to think we should still be doing better despite it.

In which case, I feel justified in saying that your expectations are wholly unrealistic.

As for losing players, so have others. They have just replaced them and coped with it much better, Aberdeen being the best example of that. They paid 200k for a replacement and have had to release the boy on compassionate grounds this but I guess we’re the only team who face any kind of problems.

No team in Scotland has lost as many key players as Hibs. Not one. Not even close.

No team in the UK could replace the best midfield in the country, their winger and their fantastic play making centre back in half a season.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:52 PM
We beat Celtic and their budget dwarfs ours. How does that fit with your theory?

They are top of the league and we are 8th?

Barman Stanton
25-01-2019, 02:52 PM
A proven winner of what? He’s not proving he’s winning much this year. He didn’t win as much as he really should have as a manager at Celtic considering the state of Rangers. He flopped at Bolton.

I’m not wanting to slate his managerial career by the way because he’s had a decent one, there’s no doubting that. But the proven winner stuff is so overplayed. If he didn’t shout and swear a lot and get suspended as often as he does it wouldn’t be spouted. Because his managerial career has been decent, that’s about it.

Ok, I think that's me out. This place is mental.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:53 PM
It certainly shows that the Aberdeen board are better at bringing in money than the Hibs board given that their crowds are lower than ours.

Ever occurred why that may be?

Hibbyradge
Another thread dominated by a handful of posters repeating themselves over and over with little in the way of any constructive debate going on from either side 😒

Very constructive post, sir. :hilarious

Easy to get drawn in, isn't it.:wink:

The 90+2

Last league win was against Celtic. Go see who went quiet and post back you’re results. You won’t though, because it’s rubbish.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 02:55 PM
How does your incessant complaining help that?

Or, to put it another way, what's the point of it?

Might as well just start making shocking puns then? It’s another day, two after a shocking loss closer to the end of the window.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:55 PM
In which case, I feel justified in saying that your expectations are wholly unrealistic.

No team in Scotland has lost as many key players as Hibs. Not one. Not even close.

No team in the UK could replace the best midfield in the country, their winger and their fantastic play making centre back in half a season.

You think expecting better than sitting in 8th place and an early exit in the league cup is unrealistic? :confused:

Aberdeen lost their two best midfielders and got a nominal fee for it compared to us getting millions for the midfielders we lost. Barker didn’t start every week for us so losing him can hardly be dressed up as something we couldn’t recover from - although admittedly I thought he was very good. Ambrose has only missed one game of this stinking run so losing him isn’t really an excuse for where we are either.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:56 PM
They are top of the league and we are 8th?

Mate, you're like a dog with a bone. I'll put it down to the innocence of youth.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Last league win was against Celtic. Go see who went quiet and post back you’re results. You won’t though, because it’s rubbish.

:agree:

It’s posted when there’s absolutely no basis to it. People would have been positive after the Hamilton win aswell. And the signing of Allan. And the signing of Gauld. But it’s easier to try and discredit someone by claiming that they’re never positive so their best ignored - even if it’s not true in the slightest.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:58 PM
You think expecting better than sitting in 8th place and an early exit in the league cup is unrealistic? :confused:

Aberdeen lost their two best midfielders and got a nominal fee for it compared to us getting millions for the midfielders we lost. Barker didn’t start every week for us so losing him can hardly be dressed up as something we couldn’t recover from - although admittedly I thought he was very good. Ambrose has only missed one game of this stinking run so losing him isn’t really an excuse for where we are either.

We got heehaw for Dylan, McGinn money paid in installments. Where's the millions you mention?

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Touch a nerve?

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 02:59 PM
In which case, I feel justified in saying that your expectations are wholly unrealistic

You think I’m being unrealistic in saying that, despite the injuries, we should have taken more than 3 points from the home games against Dundee, Livingston and St Mirren? Those are the ones that really jump out at me. We should have had 9, 7 minimum, from those games. That 4 or 6 points would make a massive difference. Chuck in the home defeats to St Johnstone and Hearts.

Remember, we managed to take 4 points from Celtic and Rangers at home in the same period. Why were we able to do it against them but not the rest?

I’m not sitting here saying that we should be top of the league. I do think we should be a good 6 or 7 points better off and that would have us in a much healthier position given how tight the top end of the league is. I’d love to know how it’s unrealistic to think that.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 03:02 PM

It’s posted when there’s absolutely no basis to it. People would have been positive after the Hamilton win aswell. And the signing of Allan. And the signing of Gauld. But it’s easier to try and discredit someone by claiming that they’re never positive so their best ignored - even if it’s not true in the slightest.

Brilliant 😂

If you think I'm wasting my time trawling old threads then your sadly mistaken. Let's just say it was commented then, and on other ocassions, that certain posters were, shall we say,less visible.

Liberal Hibby
25-01-2019, 03:03 PM

Yes I expect better than eighth place - but I'm not so one eyed that I dominate every thread with extreme negativity and lack of common sense or perspective. Go and have a lie down and a beer (or hug a tree or whatever). You'll feel better about yourself and you might allow the vast majority of people who visit here to actually enjoy a sensible and grown up debate.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Might as well just start making shocking puns then? It’s another day, two after a shocking loss closer to the end of the window.

More deflection.

Start a few shocking puns if you like. I haven't posted a pun for ages, but I'd rather read your rocky puns than your constant carping and bellyaching about Hibs.

You ask what's the point of being patient. I give an answer. It's a calmer way to live your life, well being and rainbows and bunny rabbits and all that.

I ask what's the point of incessant whining on an internet forum? You have no answer.

That's unacceptable

eastcoasthibby
25-01-2019, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5676308]It certainly shows that the Aberdeen board are better at bringing in money than the Hibs board given that their crowds are lower than ours.

Pur Board is dominated by the Petrie-esque mindset of prudence and lack of ambition, they have appear tobring little or no financial advantage to the ub, I can imagine them al having the nodding dog syndrome agreeing with Petrie to keep their membership ...with LD having to work wonders to sell anything progressive to.them, that might be at all risky .....hence the Aberdeen Board are financially more progressive with it apears good backing and influence.

MacGruber
25-01-2019, 03:08 PM
.... ... so.. no new signings yet!?

The Modfather
25-01-2019, 03:09 PM
We got heehaw for Dylan, McGinn money paid in installments. Where's the millions you mention?

Aren’t you simply guessing at how the McGinn deal is structured? I didn’t think anyone was really sure of the exact amount he was signed for far less any of the finer detail.

J-C
25-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Oops, I seemed to have gatecrashed another bickering arguing thread, I honestly thought this was the Transfer thread, my apologies for butting in, I'll leave you all to your incessant nonsense.

SquashedFrogg
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5676308]It certainly shows that the Aberdeen board are better at bringing in money than the Hibs board given that their crowds are lower than ours.

Pur Board is dominated by the Petrie-esque mindset of prudence and lack of ambition, they have appear tobring little or no financial advantage to the ub, I can imagine them al having the nodding dog syndrome agreeing with Petrie to keep their membership ...with LD having to work wonders to sell anything progressive to.them, that might be at all risky .....hence the Aberdeen Board are financially more progressive with it apears good backing and influence.

Jesus. Just when I was looking for explanation that might convince me.

GreenPJ

And the respective debt and facilities of each club are?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Oops, I seemed to have gatecrashed another bickering arguing thread, I honestly thought this was the Transfer thread, my apologies for butting in, I'll leave you all to your incessant nonsense.

Car crash stuff on here mate.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-01-2019, 03:11 PM
I love lamp.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:11 PM
You think I’m being unrealistic in saying that, despite the injuries, we should have taken more than 3 points from the home games against Dundee, Livingston and St Mirren? Those are the ones that really jump out at me. We should have had 9, 7 minimum, from those games. That 4 or 6 points would make a massive difference. Chuck in the home defeats to St Johnstone and Hearts.

Remember, we managed to take 4 points from Celtic and Rangers at home in the same period. Why were we able to do it against them but not the rest?

I’m not sitting here saying that we should be top of the league. I do think we should be a good 6 or 7 points better off and that would have us in a much healthier position given how tight the top end of the league is. I’d love to know how it’s unrealistic to think that.

That's not an unreasonable point of view, although I think those results were understandable, if very disappointing.

Our team started well but when the injuries kicked in, our balance went, our players didn't know how to play with each other and our strikers were totally off the boil. ( I nearly spelt that Boyle!)

I think there's way too much hysteria about our current situation and there's no doubt that some posters are enjoying our "plight" way too much.

If I've wrongly put you in that category, you have my apologies.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Aren’t you simply guessing at how the McGinn deal is structured? I didn’t think anyone was really sure of the exact amount he was signed for far less any of the finer detail.

Ok, I'll base my assumptions on how many transfers work. Happy to be proved wrong when accounts are published.

We still got nowt for Dylan contrary to previous comments.

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 03:12 PM
70 new notifications on the transfer thread - we must’ve signed someone

No, more *****

MagicSwirlingShip
25-01-2019, 03:14 PM

What exactly would you expect a manager to win under the constraints Lennon was working under at Bolton?

He took Celtic to the last 16 of the Champions League, two Scottish Cup wins and a few league championships. Is that not a winner?

I’m concerned with the current form as anyone but you can’t just rewrite history when it suits.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:16 PM
70 new notifications on the transfer thread - we must’ve signed someone

No, more *****

You won't find any signing announcements on this thread.

I'd look elsewhere to save further disappointment. :wink:

Joe6-2
Let's stop all this back biting!

calumhibee1

I never mentioned individual players. On the whole we sold one of them for £3m or so? So we lost our 3 midfielders and brought in millions. Aberdeen lost their best 2 players and brought in a nominal fee.

CapitalGreen
25-01-2019, 03:18 PM
there's no doubt that some posters are enjoying our "plight" way too much.

Digs at your fellow supporters because they do not agree with your viewpoint that our current run of form is a blip is unnecessary.

Do you genuinely believe that the unhappy posters on these threads, many of whom I know follow Hibs home and away are enjoying our current run of form?

Onceinawhile
25-01-2019, 03:18 PM
I never mentioned individual players. On the whole we sold one of them for £3m or so? So we lost our 3 midfielders and brought in millions. Aberdeen lost their best 2 players and brought in a nominal fee.

I thought Shinnie was still at Aberdeen?

Oscar T Grouch
25-01-2019, 03:19 PM
What exactly would you expect a manager to win under the constraints Lennon was working under at Bolton?

He took Celtic to the last 16 of the Champions League, two Scottish Cup wins and a few league championships. Is that not a winner?

I’m concerned with the current form as anyone but you can’t just rewrite history when it suits.

I think you will find that is quite common on hibs.net :wink:

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 03:19 PM
That's not an unreasonable point of view, although I think those results were understandable, if very disappointing.

Our team started well but when the injuries kicked in, our balance went, our players didn't know how to play with each other and our strikers were totally off the boil. ( I nearly spelt that Boyle!)

I think there's way too much hysteria about our current situation and there's no doubt that some posters are enjoying our "plight" way too much.

If I've wrongly put you in that category, you have my apologies.

No apology needed but I don’t think I’m being unrealistic.

If we had the team that ended last season I genuinely think we’d be sitting top of the league or very close to it.

I always thought we’d drop off a bit this year. Just not quite as much as we have. My biggest issue is that I don’t see any direction to what we have tried to do this season. I’ve said all along that I don’t think a lot of the players we have signed are as bad as others do. Collectively, I’m not sure there was ever a plan to fit them together though. I think bad management has contributed to our position even more than the injuries have.

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 03:20 PM

He is and so is McKenna ?

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Digs at your fellow supporters because they do not agree with your viewpoint that our current run of form is a blip is unnecessary.

Do you genuinely believe that the unhappy posters on these threads, many of whom I know follow Hibs home and away are enjoying our current run of form?

Some are thoroughly enjoying moaning about it, definitely.

Haymaker
25-01-2019, 03:23 PM
:hyper

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Touch a nerve?

I asked the first question. Going to back up your post?

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 03:24 PM

So winning 5 trophies out of 12 available while having no competition for the majority of it is something to be in awe of? A decent record is all it really is. Look at what Rogers has went and done with Celtic. Even Ronny Deila won 3 trophies in 2 years and he’s held up as a bit of a joke figure at times.

Like I said I’m not saying he’s had a bad managerial career but the winner thing is massively overplayed.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 03:25 PM

He is. And funnily enough he’s been there for ages and nobody has really made that much effort to take him anywhere else. Maclean got a move because he was a better player and Christie is playing for Celtic regularly.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 03:25 PM
More deflection.

Start a few shocking puns if you like. I haven't posted a pun for ages, but I'd rather read your rocky puns than your constant carping and bellyaching about Hibs.

You ask what's the point of being patient. I give an answer. It's a calmer way to live your life, well being and rainbows and bunny rabbits and all that.

I ask what's the point of incessant whining on an internet forum? You have no answer.

That's unacceptable

I did answer your question. I’ll moan until we drastically turn it around or the management is looked at. I’m not going to be happy about the **** we find ourselves in just for the sake of it.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Brilliant 😂

If you think I'm wasting my time trawling old threads then your sadly mistaken. Let's just say it was commented then, and on other ocassions, that certain posters were, shall we say,less visible.

I wouldn’t expect you to do that. I’ve been asked to do that myself and I couldn’t be arsed either :greengrin

If there was less visible posters then it’s not something I noticed. I know 90+2 was plenty vocal with positivity when something positive happens and he’s been one of the most vocal on this thread. So if it’s aimed at him or myself then it’s simply not the case.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:28 PM
No apology needed but I don’t think I’m being unrealistic.

If we had the team that ended last season I genuinely think we’d be sitting top of the league or very close to it.

I always thought we’d drop off a bit this year. Just not quite as much as we have.

My biggest issue is that I don’t see any direction to what we have tried to do this season. I’ve said all along that I don’t think a lot of the players we have signed are as bad as others do. Collectively, I’m not sure there was ever a plan to fit them together though. I think bad management has contributed to our position even more than the injuries have.

Up to the split I put in your paragraph, I agree with you. I didn't expect the same this season as last, and I didn't expect form to dip as much as it has, but that's been caused, you know what I'm going to say, it's been caused by the unbelievable injuries we've suffered.

If we'd had better luck on that front, we'd be comfortably mid top 6, imo.

Still, it's time to back away. The other posters looking in are correct. It's the same people bickering and that includes me, so I'm off to the Holy Ground to moan and whine about Brexit. It's unacceptable. :wink:

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 03:29 PM
I did answer your question. I’ll moan until we drastically turn it around or the management is looked at. I’m not going to be happy about the **** we find ourselves in just for the sake of it.

What's the point, was my question. Same question as you asked

CapitalGreen
25-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Some are thoroughly enjoying moaning about it, definitely.

I'd say people probably find it therapeutic to vent their frustrations on here. I've been a member for over 15 years and it is certainly nothing new.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 03:42 PM
I wouldn’t expect you to do that. I’ve been asked to do that myself and I couldn’t be arsed either :greengrin

If there was less visible posters then it’s not something I noticed. I know 90+2 was plenty vocal with positivity when something positive happens and he’s been one of the most vocal on this thread. So if it’s aimed at him or myself then it’s simply not the case.

Very predictable reply by the frog. Says stuff ripping people with no substance then refuses to back it up. There’s nobody more delighted when we are playing well and I thought there was a corner about to be turned when beating Celtic with Mackie with our couple of decent signings. I call it as I see it and can assure anyone I get no, not one bit satisfaction by the way we are at the moment and I’m looking at any positive thing of it changing but my worry about how it fell to fk just by ignoring situations previously ending in sub 10k crowds protests and relegation.

matty_f
25-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Good post - IIRC Stewart Milne said in an interview 4 or 5 years ago something along the lines of he was: "...fed up of mediocrity" (i'm paraphrasing) and that they were going to take steps to address it.

Like the poster above says, they've largely achieved that over the last 5 seasons, and I wish our Board would follow suit and talk the club up in similar fashion - for instance there should have been a push this season to get us to 15/16k season tickets.

Some imaginative signings augmented with slicker marketing would have achieved that IMO, but no, here we are with less than a week left of the 2nd transfer window of the season and we're once again all sitting hoping something will happen on the transfer front, rather than expecting any decent permanent signings.

There's an air of apathy pervading Easter Road and if this Board don't watch, that will take hold among the fans as well.

Some imaginative signings...

Hyndman was imaginative and looked like he would be a good addition, it didnt' work out so it's easy to say retrospectively that it wasn't imaginative, but most were pleased to see him come in.

Bogdan - cracking signing.

Agyepong - imaginative, IMHO. Been unlucky with injuries but what can you do?

Milligan was imaginative

Mallan was an imaginative signing, and probably fits the bill of the 'looking for the next McGinn type that has potential' that you were looking for.

Kamberi- would only fail the imaginative test as we were imaginative enough to get him in the January before, same goes for Maclaren.

Gauld - potentially one of the best signings we'll have made in recent years, and definitely imaginative.

Omeonga - imaginative - not a plucked from English reserve team signing, this is someone that was playing in Seria a.

Allan - again, maybe not imaginative but definitely exciting.

Not all of the signings worked out and they might not all turn out how we want long term, that's football - but to label the transfer business as unimaginative etc is just
utter nonsense.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 03:43 PM
What's the point, was my question. Same question as you asked

Simply because I’m concerned big time about the way the club is heading. If people want to rip other fans for being concerned then of course I’ll reply also.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-01-2019, 03:47 PM
So winning 5 trophies out of 12 available while having no competition for the majority of it is something to be in awe of? A decent record is all it really is. Look at what Rogers has went and done with Celtic. Even Ronny Deila won 3 trophies in 2 years and he’s held up as a bit of a joke figure at times.

Like I said I’m not saying he’s had a bad managerial career but the winner thing is massively overplayed.

Lennon was appointed Celtic manager in March 2010, picking up where Mowbray left them in pretty poor shape. The league was already lost to a strong Rangers side that year.

The following year McGeady and McManus were sold, with a swarm of new signings coming in, a transition season if you will. He still won The Scottish Cup, beating Rangers on the way. I think they lost the league by a point.

2012 he won the league against a Rangers side that still had Mcgregor, Davis, Naismith, Lafferty. Following season the League and Scottish cup double, and last 16 of the Champions League.

Don’t think there’s anything in his record at Celtic that can suggest his reputation as a winner is being over egged.

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Worst. Thread. Ever

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Simply because I’m concerned big time about the way the club is heading. If people want to rip other fans for being concerned then of course I’ll reply also.

What's the point, though?

Or, to put it another way, what are you trying to achieve?

You think there's no point remaining patient, so you must see some benefit for us if we all gurn our heads off.

Zazu62
25-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Worst. Thread. Ever

Horrific

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Does this post prove you are one of those Uber fan thingies? I never did quite understand what they were but you seem to match up to how they used to be described?

CapitalGreen
25-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Does this post prove you are one of those Uber fan thingies? I never did quite understand what they were but you seem to match up to how they used to be described?

That's unnecessary, he didn't say anything to suggest he thinks he is a more superior fan to anyone else.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Nope. A short term culture of constantly chopping and changing managers in search of an unrealistic level of performance leads to short termism, huge turnover of players, waste of resources with constant pay offs and inconsistency on the park. Let's learn from those days and get behind LD's model designed for stability and continuity.

True...but so is bringing in utter no-marks like Cregg, Keenan, Kuqi, Vine, Agogo, Rherras, Eardley, etc.

A waste of wages and resources, and the players I've listed never even reached a realistic level of "performance".

The fact we're still signing guys like them kind of goes against the model of stability that we were promised?

greenpaper55
25-01-2019, 04:51 PM
It's the under achieving that gets on most posters breasts, it's been pointed out on here many times that teams do consistantly better than us who have much smaller budgets and no need to point out the obvious. To do reasonably well in Scotland you can put together a team who will run until they drop, a couple of dirty great centre halves and a big striker who can get you up the park when you need an outball, none of these attributes are currently available at ER. No doubt i will get flack for this as it's "not the Hibs way". You would be right as witness what happened midweek ! I admit i am simplifying things but midweek we were pressed by the opposition and forced to punt the ball but did we do that to them ? nah it's not the Hibs way !

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 04:51 PM

"Nodding dug" just about nails it, having seen and listened to our Board in action first-hand down the years.

"Non-committal" would be another fairly apposite description .

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 04:53 PM
That's unnecessary, he didn't say anything to suggest he thinks he is a more superior fan to anyone else.
I don't think it is but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I will say this though, if any of those who are just bombarding this thread (and ruining it) did this in a pub on a Friday night they would eventually told to be quiet and knock it off. Time for a new thread which only allows transfer talk.......

Speedway
25-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Peter Pawlett anyone?

Unseen work
Can we get this back to a transfer thread and leave the pathetic arguments for other threads

mcfly
Yet again these pages seem full of posters just wanting to moan at each other.

This is called winter transfer thread yet looking through 214 pages there is very little about actual transfers.

Does anyone have anything about the strikers we need or an new centre back. It would make a refreshing change 😃

Leith Green
25-01-2019, 04:59 PM
An entire transfer thread made up of attention seekers making stupid puns and posters bickering about a lot of *****... Both of which having nothing to to with the thread subject. Pish thread

Scotty Leither
25-01-2019, 05:00 PM
It's the under achieving that gets on most posters breasts, it's been pointed out on here many times that teams do consistantly better than us who have much smaller budgets and no need to point out the obvious. To do reasonably well in Scotland you can put together a team who will run until they drop, a couple of dirty great centre halves and a big striker who can get you up the park when you need an outball, none of these attributes are currently available at ER. No doubt i will get flack for this as it's "not the Hibs way". You would be right as witness what happened midweek ! I admit i am simplifying things but midweek we were pressed by the opposition and forced to punt the ball but did we do that to them ? nah it's not the Hibs way !

We played plenty football the Hibs way when big Mixu was up front, and to a lesser extent when Killen played the same role.

It is possible to mix craft,guile, and application with brawn, right now we don't seem to have any of these attributes.

Zazu62
25-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Peter Pawlett anyone?

Please no

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Peter Pawlett anyone?

Is he not off to DU? Not for me either way.

tamig
25-01-2019, 05:04 PM

It should be what being a supporter is about. I’ve mentioned it before several times but - certainly on this board - we’ve seen the emergence of a new type of supporter/poster since the cup win. Full of self-entitlement and looking for change as soon as things start to regress.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 05:05 PM

We didn't underachieve last season, nor the season before that, nor the season before that.

Or is that too many seasons?

Cup, promotion, Europe.

tamig
25-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Maybe the point is about the volume of negative posts versus the positive. So without naming names and without having looked, I’m sure there is one particulary vociferous usual suspect who maybe posted a couple of messages on the Scott Allan positive thread. Christ knows the number, but he must have posted close to a humdred on this. And not a lot of it positive. People tend to see such stuff as draining. It’s not new info, it’s just regurgitation of the same old matter.

Lemonade
25-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Peter Pawlett anyone?

Not sure how I remember this but you hinted a good few years ago that Hibs were in for him.

Craig brown was the manager at the time.

Im not a stalker , honest:greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Yet again these pages seem full of posters just wanting to moan at each other.

This is called winter transfer thread yet looking through 214 pages there is very little about actual transfers.

Does anyone have anything about the strikers we need or an new centre back. It would make a refreshing change 😃

I posted a thread with NLs latest video on the board.

There is no information available on this thread, new or old, and there hasn't been from the start.

There is no refreshment to be had here.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-01-2019, 05:18 PM
.... ... so.. no new signings yet!?

Wrong thread pal

Oh.... never mind

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Peter Pawlett anyone?

Yep. Definitely.

tamig
25-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Not sure how I remember this but you hinted a good few years ago that Hibs were in for him.

Craig brown was the manager at the time.

Im not a stalker , honest:greengrin

He’s the king of diving.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Maybe the point is about the volume of negative posts versus the positive. So without naming names and without having looked, I’m sure there is one particulary vociferous usual suspect who maybe posted a couple of messages on the Scott Allan positive thread. Christ knows the number, but he must have posted close to a humdred on this. And not a lot of it positive. People tend to see such stuff as draining. It’s not new info, it’s just regurgitation of the same old matter.

It’s not a surprise that there’s more posts on this thread though. Allan signing was seen pretty much unanimously as good news. Once you’ve posted how delighted you are and everyone else does the same there’s not much else to say. When people have differing opinions like on this thread there’ll be a lot more posts as people debate their thoughts. This might not be the thread for it mind you.

People may find it draining but the posters pushing the “everything is ok, Lennon must stay” arguement do it with a high frequency aswell, hence why there’s so much back and forth.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot to be massively positive about right now at Hibs so it’s not a surprise there’s a lot of negativity and frustration.

tamig
25-01-2019, 05:28 PM
It’s not a surprise that there’s more posts on this thread though. Allan signing was seen pretty much unanimously as good news. Once you’ve posted how delighted you are and everyone else does the same there’s not much else to say. When people have differing opinions like on this thread there’ll be a lot more posts as people debate their thoughts. This might not be the thread for it mind you.

People may find it draining but the posters pushing the “everything is ok, Lennon must stay” arguement do it with a high frequency aswell, hence why there’s so much back and forth.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot to be massively positive about right now at Hibs so it’s not a surprise there’s a lot of negativity and frustration.
I agree with you to a point but there are a select few who seem to revel in the negative. I think even the happiest of happy clappers won’t be happy the way things are going just now. But why keep repeating how pish it is post after post? It’s tantamount to trolling imo.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 05:31 PM
I agree with you to a point but there are a select few who seem to revel in the negative. I think even the happiest of happy clappers won’t be happy the way things are going just now. But why keep repeating how pish it is post after post? It’s tantamount to trolling imo.

It’s not really any different to posting the opposing view over and over again I’d say. We’re on a horrible run of form, woefully short in certain areas of our squad.. it’s to be expected that folk aren’t happy at all.

tamig
25-01-2019, 05:35 PM
It’s not really any different to posting the opposing view over and over again I’d say. We’re on a horrible run of form, woefully short in certain areas of our squad.. it’s to be expected that folk aren’t happy at all.

I don’t really see too much positive stuff flying around just now tbh.

SideBurns
25-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Some imaginative signings...

Hyndman was imaginative and looked like he would be a good addition, it didnt' work out so it's easy to say retrospectively that it wasn't imaginative, but most were pleased to see him come in.

Bogdan - cracking signing.

Agyepong - imaginative, IMHO. Been unlucky with injuries but what can you do?

Milligan was imaginative

Mallan was an imaginative signing, and probably fits the bill of the 'looking for the next McGinn type that has potential' that you were looking for.

Kamberi- would only fail the imaginative test as we were imaginative enough to get him in the January before, same goes for Maclaren.

Gauld - potentially one of the best signings we'll have made in recent years, and definitely imaginative.

Omeonga - imaginative - not a plucked from English reserve team signing, this is someone that was playing in Seria a.

Allan - again, maybe not imaginative but definitely exciting.

Not all of the signings worked out and they might not all turn out how we want long term, that's football - but to label the transfer business as unimaginative etc is just
utter nonsense.

I agree with this entirely.

Not too many were complaining about the transfer business when we were 2nd in the league in October. A combination of injuries and strange managerial decisions have derailed our season, in my opinion. The squad isn't as bad as our position suggests - we should be doing better.

Lago
25-01-2019, 06:07 PM
You get that in every walk of life unfortunately.

tamig
25-01-2019, 06:10 PM
You get that in every walk of life unfortunately.

This board seems to be drowning in it nowadays unfortunately. Think a lot of folk are pretty sick of it.

Lago
25-01-2019, 06:33 PM
This board seems to be drowning in it nowadays unfortunately. Think a lot of folk are pretty sick of it.
I would agree, probably as others have pointed out many new or lapsed supporters came on board following the cup win, then promotion, then Europe, now 8th & they can't handle it.
Now Hibs are not unique in that respect, I remember way back before Souness took over at Ibrox crowds were way way down because they weren't winning.
Equally during my working life I've had to pull individual members of staff in & remind them that their constant negativity was having a detrimental effect on the productivity & efficiency of the department. As I said it's seen in all aspects of life, but yes it does grind you down when it's constant.
Had they had to deal with teams playing under Bertie Auld, Alec Millar or Jim Duffy well then they would have something to complain about.:greengrin

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 06:35 PM
He’s the king of diving.
Naw he's no - Neymar is but I'd still take both of them :greengrin

JXM73
25-01-2019, 07:38 PM
This thread would give an asprin a ****ing headache...

HibeeMackenzie
25-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Tam McManus hinting at a signing on Twitter

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-01-2019, 07:56 PM

Does the Nigeria flag emoji represent Efe, or is it a reference to Hibs?

Hopefully the former...

allmodcons
25-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Can you explain please, I'm not seeing anything of interest on his twitter feed.

Radium
25-01-2019, 08:03 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/e7c17ce761b2c34cc4843dc3b9aa6b12.jpg

SouthMoroccoStu
25-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Oh Tam, you tease

Don’t really know it’s a hint or merely a jokingly cryptic reply to a fans question

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Does the Nigeria flag emoji represent Efe, or is it a reference to Hibs?

Hopefully the former...

Hopefully both.

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 08:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/e7c17ce761b2c34cc4843dc3b9aa6b12.jpg

Literal translation: eyes think Nigeria. Cryptic stuff.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 08:26 PM

Eyes think Hibs - Cummings?

Eyes think Celtic - Allan/Morgan?

Eyes think Bognar - Tommy Block doo doo doo doo doo doo?

bingo70
25-01-2019, 08:28 PM
might not be a signing he’s hinting at?

Iggy Pope
25-01-2019, 08:29 PM

Crediting Tam McManus with some imagination there. So you are.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2019, 08:30 PM
might not be a signing he’s hinting at?

Lennon offski?

Iggy Pope
25-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Lennon offski?

That’d be a Russian flag surely.

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Rumour kicked off on the PM board that Lennon’s away.

Not convinced that’s the case personally.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2019, 08:37 PM

I hope not

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Isn’t it just people speculating what Tam McManus’ tweet meant?

SRHibs
25-01-2019, 08:40 PM

Doubt it. Seemed out of the blue from the poster, and how anyone would infer “Lennon is leaving” from that tweet I’ve no idea.

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:40 PM

It’s a response from a poster who suggests they know what it means.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 08:41 PM
Doubt it. Seemed out of the blue from the poster, and how anyone would infer “Lennon is leaving” from that tweet I’ve no idea.

To be fair I don’t think anyone could confidently predict what that tweet meant :greengrin

Mango Man
25-01-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm going for, Look who is coming back to Hibs.

But would not surprise me if it is Lennon leaving, been expecting that for a while now.

CMurdoch
25-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Lennon is not leaving

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2019, 08:47 PM
I agree with this entirely.

Not too many were complaining about the transfer business when we were 2nd in the league in October. A combination of injuries and strange managerial decisions have derailed our season, in my opinion. The squad isn't as bad as our position suggests - we should be doing better.Without a doubt...we are massively underachieving at present...due to a combo I believe of not signing another striker in the summer window and relying far too heavily on oli Shaw, horrendous injuries to key players and some bizarre formations and starting 11s from Lennon. But our squad should easily be top 6 I agree with you

Joe6-2
25-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Without a doubt...we are massively underachieving at present...due to a combo I believe of not signing another striker in the summer window and relying far too heavily on oli Shaw, horrendous injuries to key players and some bizarre formations and starting 11s from Lennon. But our squad should easily be top 6 I agree with you

That's my concern, formation and team choice, it needs changed almost from kick off most games

bingo70
25-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Lennon offski?

I’ve no idea.

Just an observation it may not be a new signing and it could be something like that.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2019, 08:50 PM
That's my concern, formation and team choice, it needs changed almost from kick off most gamesYup and unfortunately it appears to have became a weekly occurrence. Every time the team line up is released your left scratching your head thinking WT#??

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Now being reported on twitter.

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/cameronwestern/status/1088917186096349184?s=21

https://twitter.com/jagsman9/status/1088893603370414088?s=21

Gmack7
25-01-2019, 08:56 PM

sorry, what is?

SRHibs

Lifted straight from here no doubt.

Albanian Hibs
So from a jambo and partick fan 🤔🤔🤔

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:57 PM
BBC have got it now.

Speedway
25-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Neil Lennon: Head coach leaves Hibernian http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010599

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 08:58 PM

Not really being reported, a few boys with a few followers

Being reported on the BBC though 🙄

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Neil Lennon: Head coach leaves Hibernian http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010599

That ones definitely official. So it looks like the suspended story could be true.

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 09:08 PM
This could be one hell off a week. Window shuts on Thursday.

Guessing we won't have anyone in for Sunday now

Ozyhibby
25-01-2019, 09:11 PM
This could be one hell off a week. Window shuts on Thursday.

Guessing we won't have anyone in for Sunday now

Be lucky to have someone in for Thursday now. Who makes the call to go for a player? How do you persuade them to come when there is a new manager to come in who may not want them?
I think our business will be done now. Grim.

Speedway
25-01-2019, 09:16 PM
It’s now being suggested that he was suspended after a meeting with LD this afternoon.

500miles
25-01-2019, 09:17 PM
David Gray for manager campaign starts now.

staunchhibby
25-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Obviously something has happened today.

Nicho87
25-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Stubbs obvious replacement

Radium
25-01-2019, 09:27 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/964d49e67c388815bb71018c7582cc96.jpg

Full EN story that says nothing.

yerauldda
25-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Stubbs obvious replacement

No thanks.

Mr Grieves
25-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Obviously something has happened today.

Aye, earlier today we had Lennon saying this..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47006672

...and now he's suspended, with the BBC reporting that Parker's future is also unclear. It'll be interesting to see if we make any further signings in this window.

Ozyhibby
25-01-2019, 09:37 PM
What’s davie Moyes up to these days?

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Oh well, the squad we have is what we’ll have for the rest of the season. Can’t see anyone being in a rush to sign up.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Hope to **** we can get targets in without a manager.

Ozyhibby
25-01-2019, 09:44 PM

Can’t see it. Loan signings will be it if we bring in anyone.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Looks like this has been brewing for a bit, lack of permanent signings prove this

What a mess Hibs

Lemonade
25-01-2019, 09:47 PM

Can’t see it . Would you sign for a managerless club?

BoyledEgg
25-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Whittaker away apparantly??

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Been reading Whittaker has been released?
Can't see players going until we get players in even if he's not a fans favourite

One Day Soon
25-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Well, you can shut this thread right now. Those who wanted Lennon gone appear to have their wish, let's not hear any consequential whining about lack of signings as a result.

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Whittaker away apparantly??

to where? the shoaps?

McKenzie
25-01-2019, 09:56 PM
to where? the shoaps?

Hopefully gets lost on the way back

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Well, you can shut this thread right now. Those who wanted Lennon gone appear to have their wish, let's not hear any consequential whining about lack of signings as a result.

You won’t hear any whinging from me. If we get a manager in that wants to be here, identify players to play in positions to hit the ground running I’ll write off this season completely. Much better than giving Lennon more to spend on ransoms who seem good players but have no idea how to utilise them.

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 09:59 PM
You won’t hear any whinging from me. If we get a manager in that wants to be here, identify players to play in positions to hit the ground running I’ll write off this season completely. Much better than giving Lennon more to spend on ransoms who seem good players but have no idea how to utilise them.

better get rid of the recruitment team too then

CraigHibee
25-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Looks like this has been brewing for a bit, lack of permanent signings prove this

What a mess Hibs

yep, definitely been something happening for a bit and it's just spilled over

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 10:02 PM
better get rid of the recruitment team too then

I think Lennon was a bigger personality than the recruitment team. The likes of Horgan and Mallan Lennon wanted as with all the Israeli agent contacts (not a bad thing) perhaps the recruitment team signed the boys we never seen play (boy released, Nelom, old hearts player at Hamilton) who’s to say that’s because they weren’t Lennon players? Whittaker certainly is too.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Why would Whittaker randomly be released? Has he done something stupid behind the scenes too?

BoyledEgg
25-01-2019, 10:05 PM
to where? the shoaps?

Looks like he’s thinking about going to the shops every time he plays.

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 10:06 PM

We’ll be a better team with a new manager and no more signings than we would be with Lennon and new signings. Today has pretty much confirmed - presuming the rumours are true - that the relationship with the players was toxic.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2019, 10:17 PM
We’ll be a better team with a new manager and no more signings than we would be with Lennon and new signings. Today has pretty much confirmed - presuming the rumours are true - that the relationship with the players was toxic.

I agree that a new manager will get more out of the current squad than him. Pretty clear something wasn’t right there.

Sad way to end for him and I hope the good things he did aren’t forgotten because of it.