PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Bangkok Hibby
18-01-2019, 07:39 AM
The bear pit 😂 said it before but i just find grown men calling each other bears funny. The nick of that forum though jeezo. Doesn't say much for you if you support that club. Vile club and fans from top to bottom and an utter scourge on our society.

Just took a deep breath and clicked the link. Utter knuckle dragging buffoons. As you say a scourge.

badabing67
18-01-2019, 07:43 AM
What do we do with Mallan now?

We've got two far better prospects as #10 in Gauld and Allan and he is guff when playing deep/central, what is his role in the team other than set piece taker?...

I think he can play up front we should try and turn him into a striker. He is already our top scorer has a powerful shot I think he could do well up front

SirDavidsNapper
18-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Just took a deep breath and clicked the link. Utter knuckle dragging buffoons. As you say a scourge.

They are just poison. Baffles me how sites like Follow Follow and Rangers Media aren't closed down.

AugustaHibs
18-01-2019, 07:50 AM
I think he can play up front we should try and turn him into a striker. He is already our top scorer has a powerful shot I think he could do well up front

What

SirDavidsNapper
18-01-2019, 07:52 AM

Then we could turn him into a centre half as he'll have a powerful clearance on him

Souter96Mac
18-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Then we could turn him into a centre half as he'll have a powerful clearance on him

And then have him as a goalie coach, so our keepers could try and learn to save awesome shots.

BILLYHIBS
18-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Eh?

Even forwards have to track back.

We tried to turn Boyle into a striker and that worked out well?

Hopefully if we can get SA in this window we can return to the high intensity high pressing game of a year ago where the forwards pressurise the opposition defence into mistakes at the top end of the pitch

Hopefully there will be a place for Stevie Mallan as he is undoubtedly a talent but he will have to up his workrate

Hibee87
18-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Eh?

Even forwards have to track back.

We tried to turn Boyle into a striker and that worked out well?

Hopefully if we can get SA in this window we can return to the high intensity high pressing game of a year ago where the forwards pressurise the opposition defence into mistakes at the top end of the pitch

Hopefully there will be a place for Stevie Mallan as he is undoubtedly a talent but he will have to up his workrate

Was boyle not signed as a striker and we turned him into a winger?

As for the rest, its up to Stevie alone to cement his place in the midfield.

SirDavidsNapper
18-01-2019, 09:06 AM
I rate Mallan very highly even from his St Mirren days. Like someone said, he's our top scorer. I think the acquisition of Gauld will help him massively.

J-C
18-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Started as a striker at Montrose but due to his electric pace was utilised as a winger, he's attack minded winger who given the chance can also score a good few goals too.

I rate Mallan very highly even from his St Mirren days. Like someone said, he's our top scorer. I think the acquisition of Gauld will help him massively.

The midfield has been pish this season and I think Mallan has been trying to do it all himself at times, he needs to get these better layers around him to allow him to play his own natural game, he has good vision and good composure on the ball, plus he's still learning and developing.

eastmainsmsh
18-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Sean Connery ish Rami Ger shon

Ronniekirk
18-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Article on News 24 7 saying Genoa Midfielder on way to Hibs on 6 month Loan no option to buy
Is this genuine article

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Article on News 24 7 saying Genoa Midfielder on way to Hibs on 6 month Loan no option to buy
Is this genuine article

The boy who runs the website is an Italian Journo. Maybe some truth in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
18-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Is this genuine article

It's on an Italian website as well:

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/genoa-omeonga-in-prestito-allhibernian

18-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Is this genuine article

Stephane Omeonga

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/genoa-midfielder-omeonga-set-to-join-hibernian-on-loan

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 09:26 AM
https://youtu.be/LN8sQyfeB7I

Looks like a Dylan type.

Steven79
18-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Is this genuine article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Om%C3%A9onga

BILLYHIBS
18-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Cannae argue with that

Dunno what Boyle was signed as but he is definately a better winger

Lets hope he comes back fitter and stronger

Heisenberg
18-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Another 6 month loan the only apparent downside on that one. Has played at a good level.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Another 6 month loan the only apparent downside on that one. Has played at a good level.

Option to buy though

CapitalGreen
18-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Option to buy though

Website linked states there is no option to buy.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Website linked states there is no option to buy.

Must have read that wrong.

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Capped 5 times for Belgium U21, played 3 times in seria A this year- yes please

Greencore
18-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Another midfielder....
Must mean one or two out.

J-C
18-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Another midfielder....

We're missing Milligan for another couple of weeks, Bartley although gives his all is very limited and getting injured a lot, he looks like a mix between DM and box3box, fair bit of energy and skill.

jeffers
18-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Another midfielder....

I was thinking the same, maybe decided to cut our losses on Milligan, he'll be on decent money in Hibs terms and hasn't delivered.

Of course it could be we don't expect Scott Allan to join us until next season.

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 09:55 AM
I was thinking the same, maybe decided to cut our losses on Milligan, he'll be on decent money in Hibs terms and hasn't delivered.

The midfield needs heavy surgery so I'm not surprised at this at all. Mallan is currently an automatic starter due to necessity which shouldn't be happening. Slivka may be away.

Elephant Stone
18-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Another midfielder....

Hyndman's away, Boyle's injured, Agyepong will possibly be injured. Could do with even more midfielders.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 09:56 AM
I still don’t get the Mallan bashing. With better players around him I bet he’s going to be one of our best players 👍

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 09:56 AM
The midfield needs heavy surgery so I'm not surprised at this at all. Mallan is currently an automatic starter due to necessity which shouldn't be happening. Slivka may be away.

Why would Slivka be away?

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 09:57 AM
I still don’t get the Mallan bashing. With better players around him I bet he’s going to be one of our best players 👍

He's good but Lennon is pushing him too far back and he needs a bit of time out the team to rediscover his form. We can't rely on him alone.

J-C
18-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Hyndman's away, Boyle's injured, Agyepong will possibly be injured. Could do with even more midfielders.

Boyle and Agyepong are wide attacking players, not midfielders.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 09:58 AM
He's good but Lennon is pushing him too far back and he needs a bit of time out the team to rediscover his form. We can't rely on him alone.

Very true.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Outstanding signing for a club that hasn't been active in this window according to some.

Amid the joy we should pause to think of both the undercovers and those of a pished panty disposition at this difficult time.

Completely out of order and will not get challenged.

J-C
18-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Why would Slivka be away?

Hasn't really pushed on as expected and doesn't really grab the game by the scruff of the neck enough, tidy enough player but after 18 months I'd expected him to be the first name on the sheet every week, he was brought in as McGinn's replacement and that has't materialised.

AgentDaleCooper
18-01-2019, 10:02 AM

I agree - at the moment teams just mark him out the game whenever he's near the box, this will be harder to do with incisive playmakers around him.

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Hasn't really pushed on as expected and doesn't really grab the game by the scruff of the neck enough, tidy enough player but after 18 months I'd expected him to be the first name on the sheet every week, he was brought in as McGinn's replacement and that has't materialised.

We do need a squad though

Just reduces the likelihood of Whitts playing CM

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 10:04 AM

Although not first name of the team sheet and I would agree I would have expected him to come on leaps and bounds - Lennon likes a player who can play a few positions and Slivka gives us that. He also till developing and will have a good career ahead of him. Remember that 18 months is the only months he’s had of first team football too.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 10:05 AM
I agree - at the moment teams just mark him out the game whenever he's near the box, this will be harder to do with incisive playmakers around him.

Completely. Right now or in December he was our main threat when squirrel got injured. Now we have many options for opponents to set up against.

J-C
18-01-2019, 10:08 AM
We do need a squad though

Just reduces the likelihood of Whitts playing CM

True, it also depends if we get Allan this window. We generally play 3 in midfield so we need at least 5-6 midfielders to compete and rotate, at the moment we have Mallan, Slivka, Gauld, Bartley and Milligan. If we add Ameonga and Allan that'll be 7 competing for 3 spots, someone will have to make way, if Allan doesn't come till the summer then no one will need to move on.

SMAXXA
18-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Another 2 strikers is what if he wanting to see coming in aswell.

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Another 2 strikers is what if he wanting to see coming in aswell.

Shankland and a loan?

SMAXXA
18-01-2019, 10:11 AM
True, it also depends if we get Allan this window. We generally play 3 in midfield so we need at least 5-6 midfielders to compete and rotate, at the moment we have Mallan, Slivka, Gauld, Bartley and Milligan. If we add Ameonga and Allan that'll be 7 competing for 3 spots, someone will have to make way, if Allan doesn't come till the summer then no one will need to move on.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Marv leaving as he will be away end of season anyway imo

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Better than the better players that are making him better?

franck sauzee
18-01-2019, 10:19 AM

4 spots if we are going to play a diamond

BILLYHIBS
18-01-2019, 10:19 AM

You are correct in what you say J-C I see Slivka as a centre mid but he has been tried all over the shop much to his own detriment but has chipped in with some valuable goals in big matches

He made his debut in July 2017 and has never really established himself

I feel we are still waiting on the real Vykintas Slivka to step up to the plate as he is undoubtedly a very good footballer as Juve do not sign mugs and that we are still looking for the next SJM

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Shankland and a loan?

Shankland won’t be coming this window unless they agree to take Olly imo.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 10:39 AM
We’ve had to play Whittaker, Ambrose and Stevenson in midfield at times this season.

The more midfielders the merrier.

JimBHibees
18-01-2019, 10:47 AM
They are just poison. Baffles me how sites like Follow Follow and Rangers Media aren't closed down.

They should be or threatened to do so until the putrid hatred ceases.

Elephant Stone
Boyle and Agyepong are wide attacking players, not midfielders.

Boyle and Agyepong are midfielders.

brog

Not quite sure how you rediscover form by not playing!!

JimBHibees
18-01-2019, 10:49 AM

That wouldn't surprise me probably the same with McLaren. If it is to happen better now than both not really contributing to end of the season.

MrRobot
18-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Wondered this myself. I seem to recall that both parties have the option to terminate after a year?

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 11:10 AM
This guy is here for 6 months. Thats all

HibsTYT
18-01-2019, 11:15 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-line-up-loan-deal-for-genoa-midfielder-stephane-omeonga-1-4858547

Apologies if already posted.

Hibs in for Stephane Omeonga.

Joe6-2
18-01-2019, 11:24 AM

Gives more of an option to do so

J-C
18-01-2019, 11:31 AM

We need a bit of width but Mackie is a natural wingback as is Gray, so they can provide that width, we played some of our best football under Stubbs playing a diamond, we have looked weak through the middle this season.

ScottB
18-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Although not first name of the team sheet and I would agree I would have expected him to come on leaps and bounds - Lennon likes a player who can play a few positions and Slivka gives us that. He also till developing and will have a good career ahead of him. Remember that 18 months is the only months he’s had of first team football too.

Good enough to keep around for me, plus he seems to invariably score against the Old Firm, so...

Squirrel 1875
18-01-2019, 11:51 AM
A mate who works at a paper in Glasgow has just sent me this. Sorry about the poor quality

Hibs90
18-01-2019, 11:53 AM
A mate who works at a paper in Glasgow has just sent me this. Sorry about the poor quality

Fake.

04Sauzee
18-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Not good at spotting fake paintshop stuff, but im assuming that's meant to be Shankland?

Beefster
18-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Completely out of order and will not get challenged.

You’re very sensitive and/or paranoid.

Peevemor

Daffy time...?

Hibs90
It's fake.

04Sauzee
18-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Fake.
Has to be surely

Iceman1875
18-01-2019, 11:55 AM

:hyper

Captain Trips
18-01-2019, 11:57 AM

Didn't know they printed "The Daily Sport" in Glasgow.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2019, 11:59 AM

Gauld could also play wide right in a 4-2-3-1. If we had some pace on the left from Agyepong (if he can get fit) then I wouldn't be surprised to see Gauld start wide right with Kamberi through the middle.

Really depends on whether we can get Allan signed this window.

Hibs90
18-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Has to be surely

It is.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Fake same picture as Mavrias

04Sauzee
18-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Good spot, Glad you spotted it before we had a 10 pager on Shankland signing :aok:

CapitalGreen
18-01-2019, 12:02 PM

You're mate who works for a Glasgow paper is getting duped by fake pics?

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:03 PM
You’re very sensitive and/or paranoid.

You've never noticed how repetitive it is? Fair enough :aok:

Hibs90
18-01-2019, 12:04 PM
You're mate who works for a Glasgow paper is getting duped by fake pics?

I suggest his 'mate' is at the wind up.

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2019, 12:05 PM
I suggest his 'mate' is at the wind up.
I suggest it was him on the wind up himself. Wouldn't be the first time either.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Cummings deal looks a goer.

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 12:14 PM

says who?

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:17 PM
says who?

The guy you've quoted? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Already a decent window for Hibs. You never know it’ll work out but well done NL and the chaps and let’s hope there’s more to come.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:22 PM
I'll get the popcorn.

CraigHibee
18-01-2019, 12:23 PM

wouldn't be disappointed with this

Johnny_Leith
18-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Cummings was offered to hearts, but Levein turned him down. No real surprise there, he's nowhere near 6ft.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Cummings was offered to hearts, but Levein turned him down. No real surprise there, he's nowhere near 6ft.

Not doubting you mate, but why would Martin O'Neil offer him to Potter if Lennon was interested? :confused:

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Interesting. Wonder who MWC is.

Some chap with a wife called Camille?

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 12:28 PM

Wow. Levein passing up a chance to sign an ex-Hibs player we're in for.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3zkbTjMyNA

Jones28
18-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Oh boy

Beefster
18-01-2019, 12:34 PM
I suppose that if you can’t get a ride, you have to get your thrills some other way.

ForeverHibees
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, Cummings is definitely getting closer to returning.

Hibs have also been looking into a striker currently playing in the english championship that has fallen out of favour.

The 90+2

Some scoop Sweedway if you have it. Same agent...

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:35 PM
I suppose that if you can’t get a ride, you have to get your thrills some other way.

Let's be honest. Anyone with a long term partner that gets a ride in your 30's + is a very lucky chap. :agree:

yerauldda
18-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Lennon confirmed it should be done tomorrow.

Beefster
18-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Let's be honest. Anyone with a long term partner that gets a ride in your 30's + is a very lucky chap. :agree:

Hahaha, touché.

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Who?

yerauldda
18-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Omeonga that is!

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Interesting. Wonder who MWC is.
Keith Jackson imo

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:38 PM
https://hydeunited.co.uk/news/when-you-go-will-you-send-back/

CMurdoch
18-01-2019, 12:39 PM

Assist by Dylan McGeough with manager Neil Lennon celebrating on the sideline

Captain Trips
18-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Come on folks that picture of Shankland Zibis goalkeeping skills were more convincing.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Not doubting you mate, but why would Martin O'Neil offer him to Potter if Lennon was interested? :confused:

Nothing to do with O’Neill. Jason’s allowed to leave and his agent, doing his work, offered him about as you do and hearts and hibs were two of the clubs. Levein said he’ll think about it whilst Hibs were more interested.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:41 PM
According to some Celtic online chat, Hibs and Celtic are currently negotiating a fee for Allan's release this month.

CMurdoch
18-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Good spot Speedway

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Nothing to do with O’Neill. Jason’s allowed to leave and his agent, doing his work, offered him about as you do and hearts and hibs were two of the clubs. Levein said he’ll think about it whilst Hibs were more interested.

Wouldn't the manager of his parent club have a big say in where he goes? I'm gathering then Martin O' doesn't give a **** then and can leave on a free?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Any other info other than he is an Israeli defender?

He was wearing Gazza's Strip.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:46 PM
So what's our current chat then?

In

Moore
Gauld
Allan
Block do do doo doo doo doo

Rumoured

Glover
Gershon
The Genoa Boy
Cummings
Morgan
Shankland
Hendry

Is that us?

Captain Trips
18-01-2019, 12:46 PM

Levein was about to take him on when he had one last look at his football tactic board:

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/route-one-football-2.png

SRHibs
18-01-2019, 12:47 PM

In

Moore
Gauld
Allan

Rumoured

Glover
Gershon
The Genoa Boy
Cummings
Morgan
Shankland
Hendry

Is that us?

Is Eaves off our radar now? Liked the sound of him.

Johnny_Leith
18-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Think he's been offered around a few clubs. No idea if hibs is one of them or not. I hear a fair bit of what's happening at hearts due to a good mate of mine.

Speedway
18-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Is Eaves off our radar now? Liked the sound of him.

Haven't seen him quoted for weeks.

CMurdoch
18-01-2019, 12:53 PM

In

Moore
Gauld
Allan

Rumoured

Glover
Gershon
The Genoa Boy
Cummings
Morgan
Shankland
Hendry

Is that us?

Stephane Omeonga is all but done

Cummings on loan & Shankland on a precontract to come.
Longer shot - Bryson on a precontract.
Gershon on loan with an option to buy.

Big_Franck
18-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Keith Jackson imo

:greengrin

calumhibee1
18-01-2019, 12:54 PM

In

Moore
Gauld
Allan

Rumoured

Glover
Gershon
The Genoa Boy
Cummings
Morgan
Shankland
Hendry

Is that us?

Allan isn’t in until the summer mind. Who’s Moore?

Billychaotic182
18-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Tommy Block do do dododo do

CapitalGreen
18-01-2019, 12:58 PM

Moore has been with the club since the summer and playing for the Under 18s. Quite a bit off the first team yet.

CMurdoch
18-01-2019, 01:00 PM
NHC
Tony Andrieu back at Hamilton on loan from Coventry
Ryan Hardie loaned back to Livingston after signing a new contract at Rangers
Max Lowe loaned back to Aberdeen from Derby after playing a couple of games in the break

Speedway
18-01-2019, 01:00 PM
I know you can't tell much from YouTube clips, but how would we feel about this boy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qO-1GEczU

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Anyone know when Lennon’s press conference will be up?

matty_f
18-01-2019, 01:04 PM
I know you can't tell much from YouTube clips, but how would we feel about this boy?

Would love it.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Lennon also saying that we will try get Allan in before the end of the window.

Exciting times.

Stuart93
18-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Don’t get people who wouldn’t take him back. Was gutted when he left.

alihibs1
18-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Also says he wants 3 or 4 more

HibsGW
18-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Also says he wants 3 or 4 more

Is this an interview happening just now or something?

yerauldda
18-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Is this an interview happening just now or something?

today's presser.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Think he's been offered around a few clubs. No idea if hibs is one of them or not. I hear a fair bit of what's happening at hearts due to a good mate of mine.

Cheers mate. :aok:

Unseen work
18-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Being linked with guys like

Cummings
Omeonga
Gershon
Shankland

etc is all very excited but I was permanent signings, including Gauld.

Last season from January onwards showed what this club could get back to if we recruit well and get everyone behind the club.

Lets get guys in permanently or at least options to buy them end of season again like with Flo.

Omeonga is a player that excites me.

hibbycraig
18-01-2019, 01:19 PM

Where's the diving header at Dundee United? Great goal!!

Centre Hawf
18-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Being linked with guys like

Cummings
Omeonga
Gershon
Shankland

etc is all very excited but I was permanent signings, including Gauld.

Last season from January onwards showed what this club could get back to if we recruit well and get everyone behind the club.

Lets get guys in permanently or at least options to buy them end of season again like with Flo.

Omeonga is a player that excites me.

Allan is coming permanently regardless of when we get him and any deal for Shankland would also be permanent.

Understand that the others would be short term loans but theres already speculation on Cummings being free to go if someone wants him and others mentioned potential loans to buy option for that Gershon. It's obviously still very early days but if we can get that list of players into the club this window I'll be happy. Although admittedly I know nothing of Gershon and Omeonga.

BegbieHSC
18-01-2019, 01:37 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-have-bit-of-negotiation-to-do-for-scott-allan-january-move-from-celtic-1-4858830

Lenny says we're trying to get Allan this month, but there's a bit of work negotiating wise to do. Sounds like Celtic are coming it...

BT58
18-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Exactly who we need, hopefully it will happen
B

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Are the chances of JC coming back high?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2019, 01:50 PM
MOH back at saints.

21sMay
18-01-2019, 01:54 PM

As of this week ....yes very high

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-01-2019, 01:59 PM

Process of elimination i can see us being his only option in Scotland so i personally think the chances are very high

percy veer
18-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Don’t get people who wouldn’t take him back. Was gutted when he left.

I'd be gutted if hearts got him he will score a load of goals up here

Elephant Stone
18-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Process of elimination i can see us being his only option in Scotland so i personally think the chances are very high

There's no chance we're the only club in Scotland who'd take Cummings

A Hi-Bee
18-01-2019, 02:19 PM
today's presser.

What’s a presser, is that a new position in midfield or just a press conference?

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Take and afford are entirely different. I'd doubt he falls within Killie's budget. I don't think he will be in Hearts/Rangers/Celtic's plans. Possibly Aberdeen? Outwth these clubs I don't think anyone else (other than us) could do a deal with NF and JC

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 02:31 PM

We're the only club in Scotland out of us, the OF, Aberdeen and Hearts who want him. Anyone else is irrelevant because we can pay more.

JeMeSouviens
18-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Jason coming back fits with him being the anti-Robbo:

- grows up boyhood Hibby but rejected
- signs for Hearts
- does well, scores in derbies, gets move
- fails and comes back
- continues to score loads in derbies

Reverse of that is fine. :wink:

Apart from JC having that nightmare spell in Sevconia, all good.

BegbieHSC
18-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Jason coming back fits with him being the anti-Robbo:

- grows up boyhood Hibby but rejected
- signs for Hearts
- does well, scores in derbies, gets move
- fails and comes back
- continues to score loads in derbies

Reverse of that is fine. :wink:

Apart from JC having that nightmare spell in Sevconia, all good.

I’ve not seen anything in the press about JC. Is this coming from ITK folk, or is it just speculation?

SloopJB
18-01-2019, 02:45 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-have-bit-of-negotiation-to-do-for-scott-allan-january-move-from-celtic-1-4858830

Lenny says we're trying to get Allan this month, but there's a bit of work negotiating wise to do. Sounds like Celtic are coming it...

Sounds like there is a lot of negotiation to be done, where do you see Celtic are coming it...?

southern hibby
18-01-2019, 02:45 PM
No inside information, so nothing to base this on but I really don’t think NL is interested in Cumdog. I’d take him back just for his goals against them and for that alone he’s worthy of a contract but ( hopefully I’m wrong ) I just don’t see this happening.

I also didn’t see Scotty A signing and don’t think Shankland will either as I’m just sh it at this guessing who will sign game.

GGTTH

WoreTheGreen
18-01-2019, 02:46 PM
I’ve not seen anything in the press about JC. Is this coming from ITK folk, or is it just speculation?

Who’s his agent ( saw Jim Mcarthur in town today) not that means anything

Elephant Stone
18-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Take and afford are entirely different. I'd doubt he falls within Killie's budget. I don't think he will be in Hearts/Rangers/Celtic's plans. Possibly Aberdeen? Outwth these clubs I don't think anyone else (other than us) could do a deal with NF and JC

I reckon he's destined to score a barrel load for us, Hearts or Aberdeen. Hopefully it's us.

Unseen work
18-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Greg Stewart rejoins Aberdeen on loan for rest of the season.

AllyF
18-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Greg Stewart back to Aberdeen is a brilliant bit of business by them. And a big f*** you to Killie.

Gordy M
18-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Greg Stewart rejoins Aberdeen on loan for rest of the season.

I cant make my mind up about Stewart, i thought he was poor at Aberdeen before( 3 goals in 30 games), but seemed to do ok for Killie.

RossScott1991
18-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Anyone know what type of midfielder stephane omeonga is? 22yr old, 22 Serie A appearances, looks athletic. Hopefully a ball winning one?

AllyF
18-01-2019, 03:11 PM
This January window is quickly becoming a former player merry-go-round.

Allan to Hibs.
Stewart to Dons.
O'Halloran to Saints.
McCormack to 'Well.
Davis to Rangers.
Cummings (maybe) to Hibs.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't the manager of his parent club have a big say in where he goes? I'm gathering then Martin O' doesn't give a **** then and can leave on a free?

He’ll no leave on a free, hes on good doe and will see out his contract

Centre Hawf
18-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Anyone know what type of midfielder stephane omeonga is? 22yr old, 22 Serie A appearances, looks athletic. Hopefully a ball winning one?

Judging by a brief highlight reel he looks like a bit more of a McGeouch. Seems to like to play deep and pick passes. Not sure how he is at recovering the ball or running beyond strikers etc.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 03:15 PM

He’s waiting on Hibs

Big_Franck
18-01-2019, 03:16 PM
I cant make my mind up about Stewart, i thought he was poor at Aberdeen before( 3 goals in 30 games), but seemed to do ok for Killie.

He was Killie's best player so far this season for me, at least when I saw them. Strange that he's chosen to go back somewhere where he failed 6 months ago. Hopefully he's just as poor for the sheep this time round.

Last Minute
18-01-2019, 03:19 PM
He’s waiting on Hibs

is he :wink:

Radium
18-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Not playing for which team? If you’re referring to Peterborough, it’s because they have terminated his loan, citing ‘off-field’ issues.

New manager at NFFC, game on Saturday [emoji3064]

cleanyman
18-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Stewart back to Aberdeen

Hmm

Ronniekirk
18-01-2019, 03:25 PM

He is gearing up to be playing again this month It may go to the wire again but if all parties can be sensible ,there is a deal to be done IMO . Why would Celtic Continue paying him when he won’t kick a ball for them again this Season . The fee we need to pay is the most likely sticking point but it’s in everyone’s interests for it to happen

Souter96Mac
18-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Stewart back to Aberdeen

Hmm

Reckon they will have offered Birmingham a sum of money to get him on loan, then will try and get him at the end of the season on a free. Not a good window so far for Killie, would imagine Clark may next away.

Elephant Stone
18-01-2019, 03:27 PM

From the 30 odd second clip someone posted earlier it looks like he's been playing as a deep sitting playmaker type.

Spudster
18-01-2019, 03:30 PM

He was about 3 stone heavier when he was at Aberdeen. Been brilliant for Killie this season IMO

SouthMoroccoStu
18-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Some players suit some teams, they thrive or they crash ( admittedly that’s pretty much your options)

But I’m surprised he’s returned so quickly

Hopefully they don’t suit each other and he doesn’t continue his form this season

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Stewart back to Aberdeen

Hmm

Lame. We need him or someone like him.

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Lame. We need him or someone like him.

we got Ryan Gauld

calumhibee1
18-01-2019, 03:48 PM
This January window is quickly becoming a former player merry-go-round.

Allan to Hibs.
Stewart to Dons.
O'Halloran to Saints.
McCormack to 'Well.
Davis to Rangers.
Cummings (maybe) to Hibs.

Obua to Hearts :agree:

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Obua to Hearts :agree:

Apparently Hearts are done this window.

JeMeSouviens
18-01-2019, 04:05 PM

Too deer for us you reckon?

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Just noticed Stewart's at Aberdeen on loan again. I thought Birmingham recalled him to sell?

One Day Soon
18-01-2019, 04:14 PM
I tell you what, for a club that's been inactive this window, leaving everything to the last minute and our recruitment team not knowing what they're doing, we seem to be getting set about a fair few targets. With more to come. Delicious.

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 04:16 PM

He’s waiting on Hibs

The credibility of post 2 is shattered by post !.

:agree::wink:

Radium
18-01-2019, 04:21 PM
https://youtu.be/ri4iEg_wsRk

NL press conference, confirms re Allan, Genoese midfielder and searching for striker

Speedway
18-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Apparently he likes to take it and then slip it in smoothly into the strikers from behind.

Just what we've been crying out for.

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Apparently he likes to take it and then slip it in smoothly into the strikers from behind.

:greengrin :bandit:

HoboHarry
18-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Won't be long before we do hear the strikers crying if that's the case.....

21sMay
18-01-2019, 05:07 PM
2 strikers in before end of next week .
1 might even be in as quick at tomorrow

Callum_62
18-01-2019, 05:09 PM

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 05:09 PM

This is the sort of news that is just too good to be true.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 05:10 PM

jc ac

Speedway
18-01-2019, 05:14 PM
jc ac

Jason Cummings and Air Conditioning at ER??

Rod must be having a funny turn.

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Rod must be having a funny turn.

:agree:

Waxy
18-01-2019, 05:18 PM
jc ac

Dc?

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Dc?

ac milan.

or David Coulthard.

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 05:25 PM
jc ac

Jason Cummings and acceptable (tannoy) cpeakers?

Silversand
18-01-2019, 05:27 PM

Rod must be having a funny turn.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
18-01-2019, 05:28 PM
jc ac
Jason Cummings and Assistant Cumdog?

mike1875
18-01-2019, 05:38 PM
jc ac

What is Antoine-Curier up to these days?

WoreTheGreen
18-01-2019, 05:39 PM
What is Antoine-Curier up to these days?

Works for DHL

Sweet Left Peg
18-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Works for DHL

Teamed up with Hendo, then...

fat freddy
18-01-2019, 06:13 PM
jc ac

John Collins could still do a job but with Allan and Gould in midfield I can't see where Alex Cropley fits in.

WoreTheGreen
18-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Teamed up with Hendo, then...

👌

basehibby
18-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Well spotted - it's as fake as the fakiest fake thing ever faked :agree:

Waxy
18-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Well spotted - it's as fake as the fakiest fake thing ever faked :agree:

I just dont see the point. My misses said that years ago. Whats the point in faking it?

Dunbar Hibee
18-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Now, I know it’s been rumoured for a wee while but just got a text saying Cummings is back on loan, and will be announced over the weekend. Could turn out to be a lot of ****, so obviously take it with a pinch of salt...

Dazzjw1875
18-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Maybe a wee suprise addition in the squad the morn.

Diclonius
18-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Now, I know it’s been rumoured for a wee while but just got a text saying Cummings is back on loan, and will be announced over the weekend. Could turn out to be a lot of ****, so obviously take it with a pinch of salt...

Seems to be a few of these going round just now, but you'd expect something in the press about it. That said, Allan's pre contract came out of nowhere.

ForeverHibees
18-01-2019, 08:25 PM
I’m happy to put cards on the table and say Cummings will be a hibs player by the end of the window. From what I’ve heard now it’s almost done. Like I said earlier also, we are speaking to a striker from the English championship and that may go ahead.

CapitalGreen
18-01-2019, 08:36 PM
I’m happy to put cards on the table and say Cummings will be a hibs player by the end of the window. From what I’ve heard now it’s almost done. Like I said earlier also, we are speaking to a striker from the English championship and that may go ahead.

Britt Assombalonga?

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2019, 08:43 PM

so two strikers ? times up for Jamie macs loan period and/or Oli going out on loan which would be disappointing for the laddie

J-C
18-01-2019, 09:01 PM
so two strikers ? times up for Jamie macs loan period and/or Oli going out on loan which would be disappointing for the laddie

Someone told me Oli may be Partick bound, was told just before Xmas, don't know if any truth in it tho.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Wow this window has really sprung to life this week...Fwiw I'd love JC back...he's a goalscorer and he's exactly what we need...plus despite his 6 months at Sevco he's a cup winning legend and should e welcomed back with open arms ...if it happens. 2 strikers surely means and exit for either of McLaren or Oli out on loan somewhere

Captain Trips
18-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Im actually happy to see Jamie Mac again after the internationals see if he got into bit of form.

itslegaltender
18-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Im actually happy to see Jamie Mac again after the internationals see if he got into bit of form.

Think he is on his way. Talking openly about potential move to A LEAGUE.

www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/jamie-maclaren-says-he-would-consider-an-aleague-return-but-is-focused-on-the-asian-cup/news-story/e485937edd47fbbdf0fbb7e13ad879e9

Winston Ingram
18-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Think he is on his way. Talking openly about potential move to A LEAGUE.

www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/jamie-maclaren-says-he-would-consider-an-aleague-return-but-is-focused-on-the-asian-cup/news-story/e485937edd47fbbdf0fbb7e13ad879e9

Fingers crossed 🤞

SteveHFC
18-01-2019, 09:49 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SelfassuredGlitteringDormouse-size_restricted.gif

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Jason Cummings babay.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 10:12 PM
The credibility of post 2 is shattered by post !.

:agree::wink:

Waiting on Hibs in terms of a loan deal. What’s shattered?

tonyrougier123
18-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Is your source reliable?? 🃏

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 10:13 PM

Definitely not *****, but dunno if it’s annonced over the weekend.

hibees 7062
18-01-2019, 10:19 PM
Didn't Lennon have lunch with the new Forrest manager recently ?

Del Boy
18-01-2019, 10:21 PM
I’d heard Dundee Utd and Partick both interested in Shaw couple weeks ago, don’t know if still the case.

GGTTH07
18-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Definitely not *****, but dunno if it’s annonced over the weekend.

J-C
19-01-2019, 04:27 AM
I’d heard Dundee Utd and Partick both interested in Shaw couple weeks ago, don’t know if still the case.

I was told the same about Shaw, Partick interested

21sMay
19-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Jason is definitely 1 of the 2 strikers we are trying to get in. As far as I'm led to believe we are trying to make it permanent and not a loan

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Jason is definitely 1 of the 2 strikers we are trying to get in. As far as I'm led to believe we are trying to make it permanent and not a loan

Great!

Do you know who the other one is?

:dunno:

Greencore
19-01-2019, 06:46 AM
I would take Jason back on the condtion it was option to buy at the end of loan.

Dublin07
19-01-2019, 07:14 AM
Forest having MON as manager will make any deal for Jason a lot more likely. Him and Neil Lennon are good friends. He will be looking to reduce his wage bill to bring in his own team there and lets be honest the 2 teams most upset by Jasons return would be the huns and the diet huns which I am sure both MON and Neil Lennon would be delighted with.

sambajustice
19-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Cummings is crap. Don't know Why we'd want him back tbh

SouthMoroccoStu
19-01-2019, 07:20 AM
I was told the same about Shaw, Partick interested

Is this on loan or permanent?

Springbank
19-01-2019, 07:26 AM

anyone who scored "that header" at Tynecastle in the 2-2 game deserves a contract for life mate.

i'd sign Jason back up in a hib-beat

J-C
19-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Is this on loan or permanent?

Loan I was told, just what he needs.

bingo70
19-01-2019, 07:31 AM

I was never his biggest fan but you can’t argue with his scoring and there’s no question he’d be an improvement on what’s currently there (excluding Kamberi).

I’ve come round to the idea of us signing JC but I think the best case scenario would be for him to be signed as well as another striker, JC to be third choice and have to earn his way back into the starting 11.

Callum_62
19-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Jason need to improve his overall game for sure - but you cant argue with the laddies goals record or attitude when he was with us

If we were looking at signing some random with the record he had I think most people would be pretty happy

His Gallus way also, I think rubs off on our team and rubs the opposition up to distraction

Hermit Crab
19-01-2019, 07:38 AM
I was never his biggest fan but you can’t argue with his scoring and there’s no question he’d be an improvement on what’s currently there (excluding Kamberi).

I’ve come round to the idea of us signing JC but I think the best case scenario would be for him to be signed as well as another striker, JC to be third choice and have to earn his way back into the starting 11.

Aye, in the championship. Unproven at SPL level. It's a no from me.

MyJo
19-01-2019, 07:39 AM
Jason need to improve his overall game for sure - but you cant argue with the laddies goals record or attitude when he was with us

If we were looking at signing some random with the record he had I think most people would be pretty happy

His Gallus way also, I think rubs off on our team and rubs the opposition up to distraction

He’s an idiot, but it’s alright when he is our idiot :greengrin

Nicho87
19-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Reckon he would thrive in this team more so with Allan.

Heckys Wheel
19-01-2019, 07:40 AM

This is where I’m at. Was never his biggest fan but the boy can finish. He’s better than McLaren, Shaw, L. Allen.

However, I’ll be horrified if we don’t sign a more physical presence of a striker this window.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-01-2019, 07:54 AM
remember Cummings against the premiership teams in the cup. Now add in cutting balls from Gauld and Allan and a partnership with Kamberi

He might be a bit off his rocker but he certainly knows where the goals are!

makaveli1875
19-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Just read the Huns are paying 65k a week for Defoe, where the **** are they getting that from

Joe6-2
19-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Just read the Huns are paying 65k a week for Defoe, where the **** are they getting that from

Tick tock

Hibee Mac
19-01-2019, 08:07 AM

That's probably more than we pay our entire squad in a week. Unreal, only a matter of time I reckon....

superfurryhibby
19-01-2019, 08:08 AM
This is where I’m at. Was never his biggest fan but the boy can finish. He’s better than McLaren, Shaw, L. Allen.

However, I’ll be horrified if we don’t sign a more physical presence of a striker this window.

Not really wanting to see more of the long ball style of football. With Gauld coming in and hopefully Allan too, we should see better quality service to our strikers. Kamberi has physical presence, maybe not in a Mixu way, but he’s robust. We need guile, not brawn.

Congruence
19-01-2019, 08:09 AM
anyone who scored "that header" at Tynecastle in the 2-2 game deserves a contract for life mate.

i'd sign Jason back up in a hib-beat

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Souter96Mac
19-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Reckon they're going league or bust.

Gmack7
19-01-2019, 08:18 AM

Thats what Defoe will earn,the stickies will only be paying a % of that

Greencore
19-01-2019, 08:18 AM

😂😂😂😂
Can see them going under again.

McD
19-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Reckon they're going league or bust.

At that rate it could be both

Libby Hibby
19-01-2019, 08:19 AM

You could argue that it has been proven at this level with his stint at Der Hun last season and the conclusion, imo, is that it wasn’t very successful.

I’m in the undecided camp. He’s worth a punt and if he’s scores, great, if not, it may turn out similar to Stokes.

Heisenberg
19-01-2019, 08:22 AM
You could argue that it has been proven at this level with his stint at Der Hun last season and the conclusion, imo, is that it wasn’t very successful.

I’m in the undecided camp. He’s worth a punt and if he’s scores, great, if not, it may turn out similar to Stokes.

He was shafted a bit at the **** IMO. Played out on the wing a lot of the time to accommodate Morelos.

S4uzee
19-01-2019, 08:31 AM

He would come back thinking he’s even bigger than when he left. And let’s be honest he’s be at rangers if given any chance after some of his comments

21sMay
19-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Great!

Do you know who the other one is?

:dunno:

No idea, supposedly Hibs trying to keep this one very hush

Greencore
19-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Have to admit, Jasons record since leaving has not been the greatest... however look at Scott Allan... some clubs and players just fit together. I would give Jason a chance.

BegbieHSC
19-01-2019, 08:59 AM
Tommy Block announced.

danhibees1875
19-01-2019, 09:00 AM

He scored plenty against hearts, rangers, and Aberdeen who were in the premiership at the time or premiership standard teams.

I'm not saying he's brilliant, but he's fast and can finish, and I think would be a good signing. I think he'd pair well with Flo.

matty_f
19-01-2019, 09:18 AM
I'd love it if Cummings signed, knows where the goal is, is a great character to have around, and is fearless.

And he won the Scottish Cup with us, so, you know....

Onceinawhile
19-01-2019, 09:25 AM
I'd love it if Cummings signed, knows where the goal is, is a great character to have around, and is fearless.

"and it's Cummings down the line"

Speedway
19-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Tommy Block announced.

A DM called Block and a goalie called Glover - perfect!

JimBHibees
19-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Totally agree love the goals love the swagger just what this team needs imo. :giruy2:

hibee_girl
19-01-2019, 09:28 AM

:agree:

I’d rather he was back with us scoring goals than playing for someone else scoring goals against us!

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Jason is definitely 1 of the 2 strikers we are trying to get in. As far as I'm led to believe we are trying to make it permanent and not a loanThat would be great if it came off

PatHead
19-01-2019, 09:34 AM

That is you not getting my vote then!:wink:

CapitalGreen
19-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Have to admit, Jasons record since leaving has not been the greatest... however look at Scott Allan... some clubs and players just fit together. I would give Jason a chance.

18 goals in 34 starts since leaving Hibs.
He is scoring at a rate of 1 goal every 170 minutes.

Jason scores goals if he plays, his problem has been getting game time. The most relevant period for us would be his spell at Rangers where he scored 6 in 9 starts (1 every 141mins), however he was playing for a team that played one up front and he was competing with an in-form Alfredo Morales for a starting berth.