PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Can't wait for the meltdown when we don't get him because someone offers far more.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2018, 04:28 PM
make shinnie our highest ever paid player ? good grief no ta, fs you would think he was SJM or sommit, i'd take his brother back though

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 04:32 PM
make shinnie our highest ever paid player ? good grief no ta, fs you would think he was SJM or sommit, i'd take his brother back though

Would like to sign him but agree about not making him our highest paid ever. As for Andrew Shinnie, absolutely no thank you.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Would like to sign him but agree about not making him our highest paid ever. As for Andrew Shinnie, absolutely no thank you.

be a pretty decent squad player :agree: in fact, get Fraser Fyvie back as well :greengrin

hfc rd
07-12-2018, 04:37 PM

Graeme is the much better player. Would definitely take him if we had a chance of getting him.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 04:38 PM
be a pretty decent squad player :agree: in fact, get Fraser Fyvie back as well :greengrin

I actually suggested him before he came to us last time round but once we signed him I didn’t think he was that great. Not awful mind, but not of the standard we need now.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Shinnie is the type of player i'd love us to sign, along with a couple of similar types who we could build the team around.

Highly doubtful though as good as it sounds.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 04:47 PM
I actually suggested him before he came to us last time round but once we signed him I didn’t think he was that great. Not awful mind, but not of the standard we need now.

Fraser would walk into out team now. No one does the job he does in our current team. Always available for the ball, takes it from the back 4 so it doesn't get aimlessly hoofed, keeps the play ticking over. You constantly see our fullbacks have to turn back now because no midfielder is there to take it from them.

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Fraser would walk into out team now. No one does the job he does in our current team. Always available for the ball, takes it from the back 4 so it doesn't get aimlessly hoofed, keeps the play ticking over. You constantly see our fullbacks have to turn back now because no midfielder is there to take it from them.

Apart from mark Milligan you mean as that's exactly what he does most weeks

The_Horde
07-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Heard a wee story from an ex player after the game on Wednesday that Lennon has asked the board to push the boat out and sign a left hand side midfielder from a rival who is out of contract in the summer on a pre contract that will make him the highest paid player in Hibs history.

We're short on left peggers in midfield now. But the board will say naw anyway.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Apart from mark Milligan you mean as that's exactly what he does most weeksI'd be surprised if Milligan completes half the passes Fyvie did week to week.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 05:13 PM

Sorry, should have been clearer, I was talking about Andrew Shinnie.

brog
07-12-2018, 05:14 PM

The FF of 2 seasons ago I agree. The FF I saw versus Ayr I'm afraid not. He looked seriously unfit & off the pace. Don't really want his 21/5/16 memories diminished.

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 06:08 PM
I'd be surprised if Milligan completes half the passes Fyvie did week to week.

You clearly don't watch Milligan very much then as most of the build up play(not much recently) comes from him

Criswell
07-12-2018, 10:59 PM
I take it Greg Stewart is at Kilmarnock on loan. He seems to have got his mojo back. Maybe worth a punt?

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:07 PM
You clearly don't watch Milligan very much then as most of the build up play(not much recently) comes from him

So two games then? Much better than Fyvie in that case. Good effort. Another on good money who will show how good he actually is when away all of January while were sruggling to fork out what, £20 odds to watch us against Elgin. Glad the money is going to good use.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:08 PM
I take it Greg Stewart is at Kilmarnock on loan. He seems to have got his mojo back. Maybe worth a punt?

I’m sure he played at Hibs as a boy. Big rangers fan but yeah, just what we need.

Wilson
07-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Don't think Preston or Man City are classed as our rivals...

I saw Pep on SSN saying that Man. City are NOT the best team in the world. We're not the best team in the world so they are rivals in that one!

J-C
08-12-2018, 04:52 AM
And herein lies Lennon's problem, he wants the board to push the boat out for Shinnie, a guy who's club captain with a team who has been top 2 and cup finalists this past 3-4 years. And what happens when the board can't get it done because A. Aberdeen offer better and are a better option football wise than Hibs. B. English team offer double.

Will Lennon go in the huff because our board didn't get him and show ambition, or will he realise that signing Shinnie was never going to happen. Lennon needs to get realistic here.

Souter96Mac
08-12-2018, 06:29 AM
I’m sure he played at Hibs as a boy. Big rangers fan but yeah, just what we need.

His contract is up at the end of the season with Birmingham

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 08:38 AM
And herein lies Lennon's problem, he wants the board to push the boat out for Shinnie, a guy who's club captain with a team who has been top 2 and cup finalists this past 3-4 years. And what happens when the board can't get it done because A. Aberdeen offer better and are a better option football wise than Hibs. B. English team offer double.

Will Lennon go in the huff because our board didn't get him and show ambition, or will he realise that signing Shinnie was never going to happen. Lennon needs to get realistic here.

So a rumour on a message board is now another chance to have a pop at Lennon?:confused:

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 08:44 AM
So two games then? Much better than Fyvie in that case. Good effort. Another on good money who will show how good he actually is when away all of January while were sruggling to fork out what, £20 odds to watch us against Elgin. Glad the money is going to good use.

So you know how much he is being paid? You are another one on here who likes to think he knows more than he actually does

J-C
08-12-2018, 08:51 AM
So a rumour on a message board is now another chance to have a pop at Lennon?:confused:

Still your argumentative self I see G, how is it a pop at Lennon, I'm stating the case that IF this rumour is true then Lennon is deluded thinking Shinnie would come here, IF it's pish then Lennon has done no wrong, get a ****ing grip, you've turned into a right happy clapper recently, having a go at anyone who isn't happy with things at the moment.

Rumble de Thump
08-12-2018, 09:13 AM
It's amazing the absolute garbage people will believe.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 09:29 AM

It doesn't at all, most of the play comes from hoofs to Kamberi. Milligan isn't mobile enough, doesn't offer himself to the fullbacks especially and doesn't really pass more than 15 yards.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:33 AM
It doesn't at all, most of the play comes from hoofs to Kamberi. Milligan isn't mobile enough, doesn't offer himself to the fullbacks especially and doesn't really pass more than 15 yards.

Aye ok then

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Aye ok then

Terrific point. You've proved me wrong.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Terrific point. You've proved me wrong.

I already proved you wrong earlier

Hiber-nation
08-12-2018, 09:45 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a player lose form as drastically as Milligan. Couldn't believe how good he was at the start and I can't believe how bad he's been in his last few games.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:46 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a player lose form as drastically as Milligan. Couldn't believe how good he was at the start and I can't believe how bad he's been in his last few games.

Yip hasn't been great recently but for some to suggest he doesn't take the ball and try to start the build up play is just plain wrong

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 09:48 AM

FFS you are at it now, where does it say IF in any of what you said? :confused:

Argumentative my backside, its a reply to a post thats having a pop at the manager on the basis of a rumour by one person on here?

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 09:55 AM

No, you didn't :faf:

He is more of a destroyer. He plays in defence for his country. He isn't the guy who moves the ball forward, he's the one who wins it back.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:59 AM
No, you didn't :faf:

He is more of a destroyer. He plays in defence for his country. He isn't the guy who moves the ball forward, he's the one who wins it back.

A destroyer! Sorry I'm done now, I can't have a debate with someone who comes out with this crap

EH54
08-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Hibs have got a great chance of signing some quality players if they can up the wage bill a bit. So many decent players out of contract in the summer proven at this level. This could really kick a team on to constant European football and could make a team a lot of money in the process. You've got greg Stewart, Glenn kamara, Chris Cadden, graeme shinnie, Mackay-steven, to name a few from our league.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 10:09 AM
A destroyer! Sorry I'm done now, I can't have a debate with someone who comes out with this crap

You can't have a debate anyway, you're just resorting to personal insults. Usually a sign of someone with no point to make.

Next time Milligan starts watch how often he takes the ball from the centre backs and moves it forward or helps the fullbacks so they don't have to turn back. It's not his game. Or hasn't been so far.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 10:13 AM
You can't have a debate anyway, you're just resorting to personal insults. Usually a sign of someone with no point to make.

Next time Milligan starts watch how often he takes the ball from the centre backs and moves it forward or helps the fullbacks so they don't have to turn back. It's not his game. Or hasn't been so far.

Personal insult, away you go and bore someone else now

J-C
08-12-2018, 10:16 AM
FFS you are at it now, where does it say IF in any of what you said? :confused:

Argumentative my backside, its a reply to a post thats having a pop at the manager on the basis of a rumour by one person on here?

The fact that it's a rumour makes it a big IF ffs.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Personal insult, away you go and bore someone else now

Just embarrassing yourself now :faf:

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 10:23 AM
The fact that it's a rumour makes it a big IF ffs.

No idea what that actually means?

Your post, no mention of any rumour, just another pop at the manager after one post on here?

Take it however you like, argumentative or just a reply to a post.

Brightside
08-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Shinnie. Ffs. Put this to bed now. Hibs cannot afford the wages he is being offered at Aberdeen never mind what he will get down south.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Shinnie. Ffs. Put this to bed now. Hibs cannot afford the wages he is being offered at Aberdeen never mind what he will get down south.

He is a decent player but certainly not one I'd be pushing the boat out for

J-C
08-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Shinnie is the type of player i'd love us to sign, along with a couple of similar types who we could build the team around.

Highly doubtful though as good as it sounds.

You even replied to this same rumour without quoting the poster, only difference is I asked the question if it was true, then is Lennon being realistic trying to sign Shinnie.

Eyrie
08-12-2018, 10:41 AM
You even replied to this same rumour without quoting the poster, only difference is I asked the question if it was true, then is Lennon being realistic trying to sign Shinnie.

Surely that will depend on what it would take to get Shinnie?

It's a realistic request if he'll come here as our top earner, but not if he wants 50% more. The only way to find out is make an approach.

bigwheel
08-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Surely that will depend on what it would take to get Shinnie?

It's a realistic request if he'll come here as our top earner, but not if he wants 50% more. The only way to find out is make an approach.

Not a chance. He’s a Scottish international..he is already out of our price range

Diclonius
08-12-2018, 10:45 AM

That's depressing. Are we ever actually going to be able to compete financially with teams with equivalent fanbases to us?

Daydreamer
08-12-2018, 10:48 AM

Ok then. I will be in Bar west before the game today or Roxys after the game meet me in either and I will tell you who told me. I will not put names on here who told me but this person would not make this up. Lennon wants Shinnie. Now its up to the board.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2018, 10:49 AM
That's depressing. Are we ever actually going to be able to compete financially with teams with equivalent fanbases to us?

As long as they are turning over millions more than us then no.

mcfly
08-12-2018, 10:51 AM
This is not going to happen.

If we can’t get Dylan to sign we are not going to be able to sign shinnie.

Probably going to go down south for 2-3 times what we can pay.

Why not try and sign Kamara from Dundee or a couple of the killie players?

2 midfielders and a striker please

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 10:54 AM

You made a post as if what you had read was true, maybe that was not your intention, but you posted.

I guessed the player, i never made out if we were actually interested in him either way. I certainly never made out in any way shape or form that Lennon needed to get real, when none of it is probably real?

I have no idea if the rumour is true, and i have no idea if he'd even consider us, but i do know he's a decent player who i'd love to see in our midfield, albeit very very unlikely in my opinion.

makaveli1875
08-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Shinnie , thats a good 1 .

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 10:55 AM

Surely it's just guesswork though, there is only one person on this forum who knows what we can and can't afford and she isn't going to come on here and tell us

J-C
08-12-2018, 12:00 PM
You made a post as if what you had read was true, maybe that was not your intention, but you posted.

I guessed the player, i never made out if we were actually interested in him either way. I certainly never made out in any way shape or form that Lennon needed to get real, when none of it is probably real?

I have no idea if the rumour is true, and i have no idea if he'd even consider us, but i do know he's a decent player who i'd love to see in our midfield, albeit very very unlikely in my opinion.

Round and round and round we go, bored now, I have more to do than bicker over a rumour, no more replies to you on this matter, peace out. 👍

Brightside
08-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Ok then. I will be in Bar west before the game today or Roxys after the game meet me in either and I will tell you who told me. I will not put names on here who told me but this person would not make this up. Lennon wants Shinnie. Now its up to the board.

He could want Messi. It doesn’t matter.

SCHAEDYSHORTS
08-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Shinnie would be great, he's the only player I've ever seen who commits loads of fouls, gets loads of free kicks awarded to him & totally get in a refs face moaning about every decision. He's immune to bookings at all times, so he'd never be suspended & we would get away with murder in midfield.

Diclonius
08-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Shinnie would be great, he's the only player I've ever seen who commits loads of fouls, gets loads of free kicks awarded to him & totally get in a refs face moaning about every decision. He's immune to bookings at all times, so he'd never be suspended & we would get away with murder in midfield.

"HEARTS WON a scrappy first Edinburgh derby of the season after out-muscling an ill-disciplined Hibs, who had record signing Graeme Shinnie sensationally sent off after 30 seconds."

Eyrie
08-12-2018, 02:04 PM
"HEARTS WON a scrappy first Edinburgh derby of the season after out-muscling an ill-disciplined Hibs, who had record signing Graeme Shinnie sensationally sent off after 30 seconds."

I now know Craig Thomson will be the referee.

Phil MaGlass
08-12-2018, 02:50 PM
IMO Lennon needs to resign if we don't win today.
I have spoken

hhibs
08-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Here's a fact for you. This has been our league form in the top flight with Petrie and co at the helm.

1999-2000 6th
2000-2001 3rd
2001-2002 10th
2002-2003 7th
2003-2004 8th
2004-2005 3rd
2005-2006 4th
2006-2007 6th
2007-2008 6th
2008-2009 6th
2009-2010 4th
2010-2011 10th
2011-2012 11th
2012-2013 7th
2013-2014 11th relegated
2017-2018 4th

Probably the third or forth most supported club in the league, yet we average as a bottom six club. Feel free to bury your head in the sand like all the others on here, but the facts are poor choices and penny pinching has resulted in mediocrity. How long do you give the current lot to get it right, another 20 years?

Well said that man !!

Gerard
08-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Well said that man !!

Ok.what would you do to make our team more successful.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:16 PM
IMO Lennon needs to resign if we don't win today.
I have spoken

When has that EVER worked for us? Seriously. When was the last time we sacked a manager, brought in a replacement and got instantly better? The last time this cycle started we got relegated.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 03:19 PM
When has that EVER worked for us? Seriously. When was the last time we sacked a manager, brought in a replacement and got instantly better? The last time this cycle started we got relegated.

How many managers has LD appointed? How many have been a success? She’s got a 100% record at Hibs. She also had a good record at Motherwell. There’s life after Lennon.

SaulGoodman
08-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Butcher> Stubbs?

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:21 PM
How many managers has LD appointed? How many have been a success? She’s got a 100% record at Hibs. She also had a good record at Motherwell. There’s life after Lennon.

If Lennon was sacked would you deem it a success? Well, you obviously wouldn't, and neither would I.

This cycle of sacking managers is something we shouldn't get into again. We know what Lennon is capable of, we know where we've been with him.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Butcher> Stubbs?

It only took a relegation eh?

SaulGoodman
08-12-2018, 03:23 PM

Dempsters appointments:

Stubbs replaces Butcher. Improvement
Lennon replaces Stubbs. Improvement?
Next?

J-C
08-12-2018, 03:24 PM

But Leeann wasn't here when we got relegated, she arrived shortly afterwards and by the time she came Butcher had released most of the squad.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Dempsters appointments:

Next?

I still think the sacking cycle is something to be avoided. It's a blip.

Don't get me wrong, it's getting closer to becoming a lot more than that.

SaulGoodman
08-12-2018, 03:26 PM
I still think the sacking cycle is something to be avoided. It's a blip.

Don't get me wrong, it's getting closer to becoming a lot more than that.

I don’t want Lennon sacked I’m just saying I won’t be concerned about a replacement if he does end up away.

SaulGoodman
08-12-2018, 03:26 PM
But Leeann wasn't here when we got relegated, she arrived shortly afterwards and by the time she came Butcher had released most of the squad.

Dempster was here when we got relegated

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:28 PM

Yes. Correct, but we got to that point because we serially sacked managers who we thought weren't good enough but were better than their successors. I agree that LD is a difference to Petrie but, as I've said already, the cycle of sacking managers should be avoided.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:29 PM

She wasn't in post until the first of June, I thought that too.

bigwheel
08-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Nope. She was appointed before but didn’t take up her post until after....

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:30 PM
I don’t want Lennon sacked I’m just saying I won’t be concerned about a replacement if he does end up away.

I think it's a lot less of a concern nowadays.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 03:47 PM
If Lennon was sacked would you deem it a success? Well, you obviously wouldn't, and neither would I.

This cycle of sacking managers is something we shouldn't get into again. We know what Lennon is capable of, we know where we've been with him.

I would deem his appointment a success. First two seasons done well enough. To me he’s just reaching the end of his shelf life. Doesn’t mean his appointment wasn’t successful overall.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 03:49 PM
I would deem his appointment a success. First two seasons done well enough. To me he’s just reaching the end of his shelf life. Doesn’t mean his appointment wasn’t successful overall.

I don't agree with the shelf life idea, I think we know what Lennon is capable of. I think this season has been tricky so far but we have played some great football so far, with this dip being a bit of a stinker but there's no reason this won't be broken and we can return to our best.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2018, 04:10 PM
2 strikers
Scott Allan
A left midfielder

jacomo
08-12-2018, 04:14 PM
2 strikers
Scott Allan
A left midfielder

Thanks for that.

Doesn’t address the most obvious weakness in the squad but thanks for your contribution.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Thanks for that.

Doesn’t address the most obvious weakness in the squad but thanks for your contribution.

What is the obvious weakness? I would have said up front

Weegreenman
08-12-2018, 04:26 PM
You got that in one Blackpool. The player who told me got it from an ex manager. Seems Lennon really wants him.

Hate to say this but Shinnie leaving the sheep to come to Hibs is delusional. I’ll take better s if anyone is interested.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 04:29 PM
2 strikers
Scott Allan
A left midfielder

2 strikers would be on the bench if Shaw and Kamberi play like today.

horseflesh
08-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Here's a fact for you. This has been our league form in the top flight with Petrie and co at the helm.

1999-2000 6th
2000-2001 3rd
2001-2002 10th
2002-2003 7th
2003-2004 8th

2004-2005 3rd
2005-2006 4th
2006-2007 6th
2007-2008 6th
2008-2009 6th
2009-2010 4th
2010-2011 10th
2011-2012 11th
2012-2013 7th
2013-2014 11th relegated
2017-2018 4th

Probably the third or forth most supported club in the league, yet we average as a bottom six club. Feel free to bury your head in the sand like all the others on here, but the facts are poor choices and penny pinching has resulted in mediocrity. How long do you give the current lot to get it right, another 20 years?

You should also post the 20 years before Petrie as a guide to how well/poor he is doing. Go on, I dare you!

MSK
08-12-2018, 04:46 PM
You should also post the 20 years before Petrie as a guide to how well/poor he is doing. Go on, I dare you!Cant wait for this one 😆

brog
08-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Hibs have got a great chance of signing some quality players if they can up the wage bill a bit. So many decent players out of contract in the summer proven at this level. This could really kick a team on to constant European football and could make a team a lot of money in the process. You've got greg Stewart, Glenn kamara, Chris Cadden, graeme shinnie, Mackay-steven, to name a few from our league.

You're correct, we've actually increased our wage ceiling a good bit this season. Shinnie is a perfectly feasible signing within a Scottish (non uglies) context. However there's a bit of a problem in that he doesn't fit our preferred profile of signing players who will have a decent resale value. We already broke the mould by investing a considerable amount on a 33 year old. Shinnie will be 30 at end of a 3 year contract. And obviously we have no chance of competing if English clubs, from Championship up, are interested.

Unseen work
08-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Graeme Shinnie? Hahahah absolutley no chance

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Thanks for that.

Cheers

It’s always nice to make a new friend

We should meet for coffee sometime

erin go bragh
08-12-2018, 05:36 PM
So in 16 seasons , we have finished in the top six 8 times . And won the Scottish and league cups .

Zazu62
08-12-2018, 05:47 PM
So in 16 seasons , we have finished in the top six 8 times . And won the Scottish and league cups .

And we won the Scottish cup whilst in the championship, only Hibs eh.

chinaman
08-12-2018, 05:48 PM
how old are ya ?
you obviously never seen willie miller for the sheep, he was the ref in every game.

Radium
08-12-2018, 06:14 PM
And we won the Scottish cup whilst in the championship, only Hibs eh.

Strictly speaking Clyde did it as well [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
08-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Strictly speaking Clyde did it as well [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think your right. The only other time a team from outside the top division has won the Scottish cup it was East Fife back in the 30s I think

The Leith Dutch
09-12-2018, 12:50 PM
2 strikers
Scott Allan
A left midfielder

If we get Allan I think he'll make the strikers we've got work brilliantly.
I wouldn't say not to another one but likely to be backup.

I think our real problems lie in Centre midfield and on what formation we use.

Assuming we got Allan I think it would be only him, Flo and Milligan that were straightforward in terms of being always on the team sheet in a known position.
Boyle is an almost certain starter but it's not clear whether that's at wing back, winger or another forward.

That isn't particularly a slight on the other players - more a reflection on the uncertainty in formation.
e.g. Gray is a fantastic RB but we'd probably sacrifice RB as a position to play Boyle there if he wasn't being fit in at winger or striker.

However you cut it up I feel we do need another genuine Centre midfielder to play alongside Milligan.
He feels like the only CM we have capable of winning us the ball in there.

Crab apple
09-12-2018, 12:57 PM
For me signing Scott Allan and an experienced big bully of a centre forward would represent a good window.

Iggy Pope
09-12-2018, 01:06 PM
You should also post the 20 years before Petrie as a guide to how well/poor he is doing. Go on, I dare you!

:greengrin
Detroit doesn’t strike me as a place that would offer difficulty in getting your hole at but maybe it’s proving otherwise.

bingo70
10-12-2018, 07:40 PM
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/10/hibs-and-english-trio-target-dundees-nabi/

calumhibee1
10-12-2018, 07:55 PM
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/10/hibs-and-english-trio-target-dundees-nabi/

I have absolutely no idea who he is. Is he any good? Doesn’t look like he played against us the other week.

bingo70
10-12-2018, 07:58 PM
I have absolutely no idea who he is. Is he any good? Doesn’t look like he played against us the other week.

I’ve no idea, never heard of him.

Only signed a 6 month deal with Dundee in the summer and don’t think he’s played much so not sure if he’s been injured or maybe didn’t have a full pre-season?

That link says he’s a forward but think he’s actually an attacking midfielder going by what I can find on YouTube and online.

Heisenberg
10-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Another attacking midfielder that has struggled to make an impact at Dundee? I’m sure it’ll work out as well as the last time we went down that route. Sign him up.

hfc rd
10-12-2018, 08:07 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/09/swansea-will-reportedly-watch-rangers-target-glen-kamara-today/

Looks like we have absolute no chance of signing him which will undoubtedly disappoint a lot on here. Some of the clubs mentioned in that article would quadruple any offer we would make for him

Ryan69
10-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Dempsters appointments:

Next?

We want Pep..:)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2018, 08:20 PM
HITC is the worst source, I wouldn’t trust anything published by them.

DetroitHibs
10-12-2018, 08:29 PM

So I should compare mediocrity to mediocrity, what's the sense in that. So because we have more or less always been pretty pish and middle of the road, we should just accept it? A club with our infrastructure, support and size should be hitting top four most seasons, not middle of the table.

jacomo
10-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Cheers

It’s always nice to make a new friend

We should meet for coffee sometime

You sure? Will you have more to say?

jacomo
10-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Dempsters appointments:

Next?

This is a bit ridiculous.

I didn’t want Stubbs to go (neither did he, in hindsight), but once he made his decision, Lenny was undoubtedly the outstanding available candidate for the role.

Leeann quite rightly moved quickly to get him, and it’s been a good appointment overall.

So, my report card reads:

Stubbs: good appointment, rebuilt the team spirit and brought the Holy Grail back to Leith.

Lenny: good appointment, two very decent league campaigns but now suffering a wobble

Leeann: done just great, no complaints.

The_Horde
10-12-2018, 08:58 PM

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

J-C
11-12-2018, 07:14 AM
This is a bit ridiculous.

I didn’t want Stubbs to go (neither did he, in hindsight), but once he made his decision, Lenny was undoubtedly the outstanding available candidate for the role.

Leeann quite rightly moved quickly to get him, and it’s been a good appointment overall.

So, my report card reads:

Stubbs: good appointment, rebuilt the team spirit and brought the Holy Grail back to Leith.

Lenny: good appointment, two very decent league campaigns but now suffering a wobble

Leeann: done just great, no complaints.

I don't think he had much choice in that decision.

J-C
11-12-2018, 07:17 AM

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Probably because it isn't taking posts from here and claiming them as their own sources. :greengrin

Diclonius
11-12-2018, 07:30 AM

No. We should enforce a ban on signing any attacking midfielder that isn't named Scott Allan.

makaveli1875
11-12-2018, 07:47 AM

He played against us at Dens earlier in the season . He was their best player by a mile that day .

EH54
11-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Sky sports linking the buns with Tom Eaves, looking unlikely we will have a chance with this boy..

number9dream
11-12-2018, 08:03 AM
Lenny’s letter to Santa...
A left sided midfielder & a seriously fast attacker to replace Agyepong, if he is sent back.
Getting greedy - Scott Allan loan followed by pre-contract signing.

Ronniekirk
11-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Saw Scott Allan in the Gym I go to last week He was using one of those ice cubicles you go into after exercise to help the body recover
He has fairly Bulked up since he last played for us His slight physic was one of the reasons he got muscles out of some games like Up at Dingwall for e.g.
But agree it then takes weeks for him to get match fit and up to speed Bit with Milligan and Boyle both being away in January and us only having a few games it might be perfect timing
Although the Rumours of The Rangers being interested remain Cheap option for them and to try him out till end of the Season and see how it goes
But if he has any designs on wanting to play regularly with a view to another crack down South ,he needs to come to a Club where he is loved and vslued and will play
If Hyndman now gets s run of games and maintains form Lenny has decisions to make Could they play together ?

Billy Whizz
11-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Saw Scott Allan in the Gym I go to last week He was using one of those ice cubicles you go into after exercise to help the body recover
He has fairly Bulked up since he last played for us His slight physic was one of the reasons he got muscles out of some games like Up at Dingwall for e.g.
But agree it then takes weeks for him to get match fit and up to speed Bit with Milligan and Boyle both being away in January and us only having a few games it might be perfect timing
Although the Rumours of The Rangers being interested remain Cheap option for them and to try him out till end of the Season and see how it goes
But if he has any designs on wanting to play regularly with a view to another crack down South ,he needs to come to a Club where he is loved and vslued and will play
If Hyndman now gets s run of games and maintains form Lenny has decisions to make Could they play together ?

Can’t imagine you in a gym Ronnie😄

Ronniekirk
11-12-2018, 08:37 AM

Needs Must Billy but wouldn't get me in one of those ice chambers lol

weecounty hibby
11-12-2018, 10:50 AM

Part time job as a Jannie!?!? Can't believe you didn't just ask him if he was going to be a Hibby again!

Heisenberg
11-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Linked to a midfielder called Mark Sykes from Glenavon.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3609903/hibs-mark-sykes-glenavon/

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-scouts-in-demand-glenavon-midfielder-mark-sykes-1-4842496/

Diclonius
11-12-2018, 01:46 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3609903/hibs-mark-sykes-glenavon/

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-scouts-in-demand-glenavon-midfielder-mark-sykes-1-4842496/

According to the BBC a move to Port Vale was almost done a couple days ago. Can we offer more?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46494892

Quoted as "box-to-box" midfielder in the press and is listed as an attacking centre mid on Football Manager (I know). Either we're not even going to bother for Allan or Lennon still doesn't think we have a physical presence problem in midfield?

Oscar T Grouch
11-12-2018, 02:08 PM

I believe Hyndman is going back down south in January, I don't believe we have an option to extend his loan deal. As ever I maybe wrong, I often am.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-12-2018, 04:22 PM

Close to signing for Port Vale.

hibees 7062
12-12-2018, 06:02 PM

https://napa.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/162958iD65EC176888C4DD5?v=1.0

Joe6-2
12-12-2018, 06:05 PM
https://napa.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/162958iD65EC176888C4DD5?v=1.0

😂😂

Billy Whizz
12-12-2018, 06:16 PM

That’s more likely to be the place I’d see Ronnie in🤣

Ronniekirk
12-12-2018, 07:23 PM
That’s more likely to be the place I’d see Ronnie in🤣

Only once I have been to Commando X Gym Billy lol

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Sykes signs for Port Vale.

greenpaper55
13-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Just as well, we could have had Milligan Sykes and all that would have been missing would be Hatti Jacques ! one for the oldies .

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2018, 02:22 PM
just as well, we could have had milligan sykes and all that would have been missing would be hatti jacques ! One for the oldies .

oooohh matron.

The Green Goblin
13-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Just as well, we could have had Milligan Sykes and all that would have been missing would be Hatti Jacques ! one for the oldies .

Playing in the MHatti Jaques role perhaps? :greengrin

BegbieHSC
13-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Seen on Twitter folk saying that we’re trying to get Graeme Shinnie on a pre-contract.

V sceptical it would happen, but interesting if we’re trying.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Celtic right back on a perm think he’s being released.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 04:55 PM

Who?

SteveHFC
13-12-2018, 05:04 PM

Ralston or Lustig.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Ralston or Lustig.

Ralston just signed a long term contract at Celtic

Unseen work
13-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Gamboa

Zazu62
13-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Seen on Twitter folk saying that we’re trying to get Graeme Shinnie on a pre-contract.

V sceptical it would happen, but interesting if we’re trying.

Fantasy land stuff

Hermit Crab
13-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Shinnie my erse, no chance.

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Gamboa

Hope not, he’s pish

hfc rd
13-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Hope not, he’s pish

I’ve only seen him play at the World Cup and he looked pretty decent. Didn’t look out of place when up against the likes of Neymar, Marcelo, Coutinho etc. Not too shabby at all.

Also the same things were said about Efe Ambrose being pish when he was about to sign for us on loan, when we were in the Championship, and he’s turned out not too bad. In fact probably our best player this season.

Ryan69
13-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Would it be the Honduran guy we tried to get in the summer.
Izaguirre or similar

The_Horde
13-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Hope not, he’s pish

He's actually not, btw.

Haymaker
13-12-2018, 08:27 PM
:hyper

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 08:29 PM
He's actually not, btw.

He’s looked poor for Celtic whenever I’ve seen him

The_Horde
13-12-2018, 08:33 PM
He’s looked poor for Celtic whenever I’ve seen him

Be good enough for us. Looked decent for his national side.

Probably not true anyway.

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Be good enough for us. Looked decent for his national side.

Probably not true anyway.

Aye probably not, we’ll see. Give everyone a chance in a hibs top

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Gamboa was amazing for Middlesbrough when I had him on FM.

heretoday
13-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Dobbie and Malonga - come back to Easter Road!

CMurdoch
13-12-2018, 11:14 PM
Dobbie and Malonga - come back to Easter Road!

Dominic is an idiot.
He now plays in the 2nd tier of Greek football for a team on an island off the south coast of Greece.
The biggest team on the island plays in the Greek Super League and attracts a vast average of 1,750 fans to their home matches.
However, Dominic's team are bottom of the 2nd tier and play in front of one man and his dug.
The team finished a creditable 4th last season but Dominic joined them at the start of this season and has helped to drag them down to 16th and bottom place.
Way to go Dom. Talk about poor career decisions. 30 years old in less than a month. Tick tock.

we are hibs
14-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Dominic is an idiot.
He now plays in the 2nd tier of Greek football for a team on an island off the south coast of Greece.
The biggest team on the island plays in the Greek Super League and attracts a vast average of 1,750 fans to their home matches.
However, Dominic's team are bottom of the 2nd tier and play in front of one man and his dug.
The team finished a creditable 4th last season but Dominic joined them at the start of this season and has helped to drag them down to 16th and bottom place.
Way to go Dom. Talk about poor career decisions. 30 years old in less than a month. Tick tock.

Blaming malonga for a team going down hill :hilarious

It's also Dominique.

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Dominic is an idiot.

:confused:

Greenworld
14-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Kamara at Dundee still think he would be good for us .
Final 6 months of his contract defo worth a try in Jan .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
14-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Dominic is an idiot.

Yeah imagine putting your family's happiness before your own career, what an idiot!

BILLYHIBS
14-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Dominic is an idiot.

Speaking of which whatever happened to KingDomofFife?

Does he still post on here?

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-12-2018, 10:02 AM

Emigrated to Greece with his dug to watch "Dominic"

neil7908
14-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Dominic is an idiot.

Aye getting paid to play football and live on a Greek island, the guy has really messed up his life!

eastmainsmsh
14-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Kamara at Dundee still think he would be good for us .
Final 6 months of his contract defo worth a try in Jan .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Double bid for Kamara and the striker be good

SirDavidsNapper
14-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Reincarnated :wink::wink::wink::wink:

green with envy
14-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Yeah imagine putting your family's happiness before your own career, what an idiot!

I certainly wouldn't suggest he his an idiot but since leaving Hibs, he's played with 4 teams, with a total of 35 appearances and only 5 goals.

I wouldn't want him back on the basis of these stats.

CMurdoch
14-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Suspect that was an excuse or even an agreed statement with the club as Dom had a contract waiting for him back in Italy.
I actually liked him a lot as a player. Great skill he brought to the game, something different.
I remember lots of folk on here giving him a hard time due to his workrate and lethargic manner.
Should have stayed at Hibs. I believe he would have been given a new contract and continued to make vital contributions as a sub.

CMurdoch
14-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Aye getting paid to play football and live on a Greek island, the guy has really messed up his life!

I did think about the irony of my post in that context.
Suspect he would have made a lot more money had he stayed with Hibs but accept that he would have been a lot colder.
He will be 30 in 3 weeks so the gravy train will be pulling in for the final time soon.
What will he be doing in 3 years time?

BILLYHIBS
14-12-2018, 11:36 AM

‘Is he now just King Dom?

silverhibee
14-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Why, just why.

CMurdoch
14-12-2018, 11:40 AM
:confused:

Sorry, i shouldn't have put idiot in my post.
Should have added some smiley's etc.
I miss the guys skills.

YanYansen
14-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Lol, took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the George Best anecdote!

Smartie
14-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Why, just why.

King Dom of Fife was never happy.

He needed so much more.

eastmainsmsh
14-12-2018, 04:20 PM
That goal against the mutton was exquisite Do do do

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Sorry, i shouldn't have put idiot in my post.
Should have added some smiley's etc.
I miss the guys skills.

I don’t disagree with your post from a footballing perspective that he’s not set the heather alight since leaving. I just thought it seemed a strange tone to take when making the point. Almost like he deserved to have had a poor career since.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-12-2018, 07:39 PM
I miss him.

Zazu62
14-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Would take Dolly Menga and a couple of the Livi midfielders look decent

bingo70
14-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Think Menga is absolutely dreadful.

Keyser Sauzee
14-12-2018, 08:10 PM

A striker who has scored 1 goal all season??? His goal record for a striker is abysmal. Like the look of Pittman tonight and think Hardie is a good player.

essexhibee
14-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Cadden looks a decent winger. Menga no way

hfc rd
14-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Halkett and Pittman were the two players that really stood out for me tonight. Pittman especially reminded me a lot of SJM. His calmness and driving forward with the ball is something we really miss in this team.

CapitalGreen
14-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Suspect that was an excuse or even an agreed statement with the club as Dom had a contract waiting for him back in Italy.
I actually liked him a lot as a player. Great skill he brought to the game, something different.
I remember lots of folk on here giving him a hard time due to his workrate and lethargic manner.
Should have stayed at Hibs. I believe he would have been given a new contract and continued to make vital contributions as a sub.

Suspect? So in other words you have no idea.

Guy moved here to better his career and unfortunately his partner and young child were unable to settle so he took the opportunity to return to Italy. The guy gave us some great moments in a Hibs strip during our rebirth for which I will be forever grateful.

Good luck King Dom 🇳🇬

Gmack7
14-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Halkett and Pittman were the two players that really stood out for me tonight. Pittman especially reminded me a lot of SJM. His calmness and driving forward with the ball is something we really miss in this team.

Add Hardie and I'd happily take all 3

snedzuk
14-12-2018, 09:07 PM
I love dom - worth the admission money just to see him plus his goal against raith rovers set up 2016 - but that was then and this is now

Heckys Wheel
14-12-2018, 09:19 PM
I’d take Halkett, Pittman and Hardie from that performance tonight. Thought the boy Shaun Byrne looked good against us.

CMurdoch
14-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Suspect? So in other words you have no idea.

Guy moved here to better his career and unfortunately his partner and young child were unable to settle so he took the opportunity to return to Italy. The guy gave us some great moments in a Hibs strip during our rebirth for which I will be forever grateful.

Good luck King Dom ����

None of us on here know what goes on behind the closed doors of football clubs but we shouldn't believe everything we are fed by players, agents, management or the media. We make our judgements from a combination of knowns, unknowns and things we might reasonably have expected to happen based on our experiences.
My opinions on this matter were reached in this way.

6 months before he left Hibs Malonga said
“Myself and my girlfriend Paola enjoy life in Edinburgh. She is Italian but we feel at home. We live near the Meadows and we like nothing better than to take Matthew out for a walk there"

10 months after moving from Hibs Malonga said
“The main thing was my contract and my family. My contract was up in six months" "I had two-and-a-half-year’s contract on offer in Italy"

The above statements taken together state that Dominique and his partner were happy in Edinburgh but 6 months later he had a 30 month deal on the table from an Italian club and only 6 months left on his Hibs deal.
In my opinion he decides he wants to take the deal up but is contracted to Hibs. How can he leave Hibs immediately?
Suddenly we get the partner and young child are unable to settle chat. Shortly after he leaves Edinburgh to take up his new contract in Italy.
I didn't buy into his excuse. I can't be sure i'm right, hence why I said I suspect.
Most of the posts on this forum are generally their authors opinions on a given matter based on some or in many cases no evidence.

Criswell
14-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Ferranti Thistle 5 (five) Champions Elect 0 (zero)

Joe6-2
14-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Ferranti Thistle 5 (five) Champions Elect 0 (zero)

😂😂

mjhibby
14-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Ryan Gauld is 22. His club want to at least recoup the money they paid for him anyway.

Ryan gauld has been on hibs radar for a long time. Getting the deal done is a different matter. Just think why has a player of his talent, like Scott Allan, not signed for somebody else when he clearly isn't quoted at his own team. It's obvious it's not hibs but their parents clubs demands. To me anyway and what I understand to be the case. I'm sure come jan ist we will be linked with so many players but believe me gauld and Allan are in our thought's
Whether they sign is another matter.

The_Horde
14-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Ryan gauld has been on hibs radar for a long time. Getting the deal done is a different matter. Just think why has a player of his talent, like Scott Allan, not signed for somebody else when he clearly isn't quoted at his own team. It's obvious it's not hibs but their parents clubs demands. To me anyway and what I understand to be the case. I'm sure come jan ist we will be linked with so many players but believe me gauld and Allan are in our thought's

Gauld is on loan until the seasons end in the Portuguese 2md division.

hfc rd
14-12-2018, 11:48 PM

Gauld & Allan would be an exciting dream

brog
15-12-2018, 07:46 AM
I posted last season that we were tracking a player from a lower league club who we played in the LC. Was told subsequently it was Pittman. No idea if we're still interested but we should be. As for Menga, he's raw but his pace & aggression are a real plus.

Zazu62
15-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Menga might not score a lot of goals but he looks a nightmare to play against

Souter96Mac
15-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Menga might not score a lot of goals but he looks a nightmare to play against

Quality name as well

The_Horde
15-12-2018, 09:31 AM
I posted last season that we were tracking a player from a lower league club who we played in the LC. Was told subsequently it was Pittman. No idea if we're still interested but we should be. As for Menga, he's raw but his pace & aggression are a real plus.

He was out of contract in the summer there and we didn't offer anything.

southsider
15-12-2018, 09:37 AM
He was out of contract in the summer there and we didn't offer anything.
Perhaps he is a late developer, been known.

EH54
15-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Played against him for years growing up when he was at Broxburn, always been a quality wee player technically. Great attitude aswell. Sure he Was playing With Bo'ness juniors before Livi picked him up. His dad played for a few teams, also represented the USA. Think if we wanted him we would get him. Won't be on much down at Livi either.

eastmainsmsh
15-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Molly Denga 🚕

hfc rd
15-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Definitely should go for him as he should be affordable on our budget as I doubt he will be on that much at Livingston.

He’s always impressed me whenever I’ve seen him play. As mentioned, reminds me so much of SJM.

GreenArmy1875
15-12-2018, 02:03 PM
Shaun Byrne is the one for me. Would add something to our midfield. Not scared to tackle, good feet, plenty energy and eye for goal.

Keyser Sauzee
15-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Another Shankland double, I had my doubts earlier on in the season but it looks like I was wrong, he will get a bigger move than spl soon.

The_Horde
15-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Been class for livi for 2 seasons and hibs scouts have watched every move.

eastmainsmsh
15-12-2018, 06:14 PM
With all this gossip I’m feeling Dom and dolly

hfc rd
15-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Been class for livi for 2 seasons and hibs scouts have watched every move.

Good!

Signing him along with Scott Allan and a striker would be fantastic business in January. If we get a winger in as well, then even better!

BT58
15-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Re Shankland. The Huns and Sunderland after him. Soccer Saturday. J Stelling.
B

Souter96Mac
15-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Hibs transfer news tweeted saying we're interested in Michael o'halloran. Not really reliable, but thought I'd add this.

BILLYHIBS
15-12-2018, 10:51 PM
FFS! Blair Henderson scored a hatrick for Edinburgh City today get him signed!!

21sMay
15-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Was told today that there are bids in for efe🙈

calumhibee1
15-12-2018, 11:14 PM

His contracts up in the summer. Would have to be a stupid bid to make it worth our while.

3pm
15-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Only guy with genuine quality. Unless it’s a ridiculous bid, it’ll surely be rejected...

hfc rd
15-12-2018, 11:22 PM

From who?

J-C
16-12-2018, 06:21 AM
Only guy with genuine quality. Unless it’s a ridiculous bid, it’ll surely be rejected...

He'll have a British passport now so can move freely within Europe, at his age maybe one last move for a lot more than we can offer him will be tempting.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-12-2018, 06:26 AM
Hibs transfer news tweeted saying we're interested in Michael o'halloran. Not really reliable, but thought I'd add this.

His name was certainly mentioned on here - so maybe that’s where they got it. As you said, they’re not the most reliable

But O’Halloran would be a good signing

Heisenberg
16-12-2018, 06:51 AM
I’m not sure we really need another inconsistent wide player. Suppose he could take Agyepong’s place if he goes back to City.

Diclonius
16-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Neil Lennon makes Scott Allan Hibs top target as he reveals January plans
The Easter Road boss admits he would love to see the playmaker return to the club for a third time.

Neil Lennon has revealed he will add to his Hibs squad in January – with Celtic outcast Scott Allan in his sights.

The Hibees have failed to hit the heights of last season’s fourth-placed finish.

But boss Lennon believes bringing in some new blood next month could help fire the Edinburgh side back up the table.

That could see playmaker Allan back at Easter Road for a third spell, if Celtic are willing to cut a deal.

The 27-year-old’s contract is up in 
the summer and Hoops boss Brendan
 Rodgers may want to offload him early.

Lennon said: “Scott’s under contract. I don’t want to start headlines. He’s a player we like.

“These kinds of players cost a lot of money but if there was an opportunity there we’d look at it, obviously.

“I’ll definitely look at a couple of areas which will help with the way we want to play and I’ll try and find the right type to come in and do that.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-12-2018, 07:30 AM
The Easter Road boss admits he would love to see the playmaker return to the club for a third time.

Neil Lennon has revealed he will add to his Hibs squad in January – with Celtic outcast Scott Allan in his sights.

The Hibees have failed to hit the heights of last season’s fourth-placed finish.

But boss Lennon believes bringing in some new blood next month could help fire the Edinburgh side back up the table.

That could see playmaker Allan back at Easter Road for a third spell, if Celtic are willing to cut a deal.

Lennon said: “Scott’s under contract. I don’t want to start headlines. He’s a player we like.

“These kinds of players cost a lot of money but if there was an opportunity there we’d look at it, obviously.

“I’ll definitely look at a couple of areas which will help with the way we want to play and I’ll try and find the right type to come in and do that.

Good! Come home Scott

I hope he’s finally relised that the most financially rewarding deal is not the best for his career

He’s 27 now and, if he’s lucky with injuries, he can get another 5-6 years

More than enough time to still have a healthy bank account, a few Scotland caps and maybe a winners medal or 2

PatHead
16-12-2018, 07:43 AM

More or less what he said at the AGM. Where did that come from?

Diclonius
16-12-2018, 07:58 AM
More or less what he said at the AGM. Where did that come from?

DR. I copypasta'd it so no one would have to go there.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Quite right mate!

You don’t want to end up like The Cat! :greengrin

PatHead
16-12-2018, 09:18 AM

Thanks for that. Is very much what he said at AGM though so nothing changed or lazy journalist on a quiet newsday.

Speedway
16-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Anyone think we might make a bid to get Southampton’s third choice keeper on loan?

Keyser Sauzee
16-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Anyone think we might make a bid to get Southampton’s third choice keeper on loan?

Don’t think a keeper is high on our priorities so would be very surprised, unless u know something? Presume ur talking about Angus Gunn

Diclonius
16-12-2018, 10:12 PM

Ah yes, young Fraser Forster.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Ah yes, young Fraser Forster.

Is he really third choice there? Surprised at that.

Haymaker
16-12-2018, 10:32 PM

bodhibs
16-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Interesting, not normally a big one for rumours but haymakers bouncing head emoji always grabs my attention eh 🍻

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Quite right mate!

You don’t want to end up like The Cat! :greengrin

I miss The Cat.

houstonhibbee
17-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Pretty much same article in the Sun

Tug Wilson
17-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Paddy McCourt in the Northern Ireland Super Sixes squad. Will we have a scout there?

WoreTheGreen
17-12-2018, 07:28 PM
I miss The Cat.

Get a catflap

Diclonius
17-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Sadiki's still here. Played in a friendly according to the EEN.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Scott Allan is the must have for me, especially if we are losing Hyndman.

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Get a catflap

:tee hee::tee hee:

Joe6-2
17-12-2018, 10:50 PM
I miss The Cat.

Where is the Cat?

The 90+2
17-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Where is the Cat?

As a poster who read this website a long time before registering I used to look at that posters thoughts on and off the pitch in terms of team tactics and transfers. Massive loss since being bullied off.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 11:37 PM
As a poster who read this website a long time before registering I used to look at that posters thoughts on and off the pitch in terms of team tactics and transfers. Massive loss since being bullied off.

Didn’t happen did it. He posted false info and got caught out.

tamig
17-12-2018, 11:48 PM

You saying he lied and tried to mislead? Always posted in good faith and always made no secret of that fact. A few folk couldn’t wait for one of his stories to be wrong. Using comments like “got caught out” put you in that camp in my book. Poor show.

Unseen work
17-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Sadiki's still here. Played in a friendly according to the EEN.

Interesting that we’re looking at him given his age etc. Personally think it might be as a replacement for Porteous who I think will have big bids in for him soon, potentially even in January.

18-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Quality name as well

Do do do, Dolly Domingos Menga...

GordonHFC
18-12-2018, 05:04 AM

It was a rumours thread. How many other people posted something on it that didn't come true?

Mango Man
18-12-2018, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;5633530]

It was a rumours thread. How many other people posted something on it that didn't come true?

And I'm sure The Cat only got 1 wrong, the Scott Allan one, he got Kamberi and Maclaren right and 1 other I think.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE=GordonHFC;5633556]

And I'm sure The Cat only got 1 wrong, the Scott Allan one, he got Kamberi and Maclaren right and 1 other I think.

To be fair everyone got the Kamberi one right. Lennon said we had an option on him. He was always going to sign permanently.

Mango Man
18-12-2018, 05:35 AM
Some other club could have easily jumped in ahead of us though with the form he showed at Hibs, Maclaren was certainly no guarantee.

Dalianwanda
18-12-2018, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=GordonHFC;5633556]

He was wrong more often than not but I like the fact he put them up in the first place.

Walter
18-12-2018, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=Mango Man;5633557]

He was wrong more often than not but I like the fact he put them up in the first place.

I would suggest he wasn’t wrong more often than not, mostly had info on Hibs targets which often did not come to fruition for the club

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=Dalianwanda;5633576]

I would suggest he wasn’t wrong more often than not, mostly had info on Hibs targets which often did not come to fruition for the club

I liked The Cat.

I found his posts entertaining

Sometimes some inside info/gossip is better than nothing at all

It is what keeps us normal fans going and he should not be shot down for sharing with us his ITK gossip and then due to circumstances outwith his control it does not come to pass

We need a new The Cat.

flash
18-12-2018, 07:33 AM
Not bothered either way but he didn't leave because he got a rumour wrong.

Brightside
18-12-2018, 07:37 AM
We were trying to get get Cameron Lancaster in, but the chat is he is staying in the states now. He's ex Spurs - lots of injuries in his youth but knocking in goals for fun overin the US now

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Interesting that we’re looking at him given his age etc. Personally think it might be as a replacement for Porteous who I think will have big bids in for him soon, potentially even in January.

Efe.

Squealing pig
18-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Transfer of the season would be the cat coming back and letting hermit crab go 👍

skyehibee
18-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Transfer of the season would be the cat coming back and letting hermit crab go 👍

Thecat had put on twitter a couple days ago that Lennon was after Lewis Morgan on loan from Celtic

bingo70
18-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Thecat had put on twitter a couple days ago that Lennon was after Lewis Morgan on loan from Celtic

Absolutely no chance of that happening.....Unless Celtic are after one of our players and use him as a makeweight in a deal.

J-C
18-12-2018, 08:46 AM
Efe.

Been told this by more than a few people, I still think Lennon did an old pals act with Efe so he could get his British passport, the wage drop to join us from Celtic would've been fairly big but he only had around 10 months to get his citizenship.

There was a rumour a Turkish side were after him in the summer and he's at an age where one last big pay day looks nice, he has been playing very well recently so I wouldn't be surprised to see Efe go with only 6 months contract left.

Winston Ingram
18-12-2018, 08:57 AM
We were trying to get get Cameron Lancaster in, but the chat is he is staying in the states now. He's ex Spurs - lots of injuries in his youth but knocking in goals for fun overin the US now

I remember him at Spurs. In the same youth team with Harry Kane and made his debut the same season. He was a huge prospect. Knackered by injuries. He's playing at the level below MLS at the moment at Louisville City. He's just left them. Centre forward. Quite a big lad.

jacomo
18-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Aberdeen putting McKenna in the shop window. ‘We don’t want to sell him but...’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46600545

Diclonius
18-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Aberdeen putting McKenna in the shop window. ‘We don’t want to sell him but...’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46600545

Would be great if they sold him. My concern would be that Celtic and undeserving English teams would then turn an eye toward Porteous.

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Would be great if they sold him. My concern would be that Celtic and undeserving English teams would then turn an eye toward Porteous.

I can’t see Celtic bidding big for another young Scottish defender after the Jack Hendry experiment.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 11:33 AM
I can’t see Celtic bidding big for another young Scottish defender after the Jack Hendrix experiment!

He’s a far better play than Hendry, wouldn’t be surprised if they went in for him, give the Dons the money to secure Shinnie and GMS

The Green Goblin
18-12-2018, 11:35 AM
I can’t see Celtic bidding big for another young Scottish defender after the Jack Hendry experiment.

Ryan Christie turned out okay for them though.

bodhibs
18-12-2018, 11:55 AM

This

Heisenberg
18-12-2018, 11:56 AM

I’m not sure it would be that great. They’ll get a massive fee and reinvest a lot into their playing squad.