PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

tamig
13-01-2019, 12:03 PM
In my 30ish years attending Hibs games Allan, on his day, is without doubt one of the most gifted footballers i've seen. Has his stop start career stopped him playing at an even higher level, would have a sustained run of games over a number of seasons helped him produce this undoubted talent on a more consistent basis?

The move to WBA after a handful of games for Dundee Utd, his move to Celtic....were these in the best interest of his career or the highest offer on the table. His next move may well define what Scott Allan , as a footballer, will be remembered for.

Good post. I’ve been watching as far back as the Tornadoes and Scott Allan is right up there with the best I’ve seen. I don’t understand what people who describe him as average or aren’t that bothered if we sign him or not are seeing. Signing for us and getting on with playing would see him in the Scotland team before long imo. Hopefully his next move is to us.

Hibeesmad
13-01-2019, 12:08 PM
I have a feeling he will end up at Aberdeen. I hope not but I can see it happening

jeffers
13-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Good post. I’ve been watching as far back as the Tornadoes and Scott Allan is right up there with the best I’ve seen. I don’t understand what people who describe him as average or aren’t that bothered if we sign him or not are seeing. Signing for us and getting on with playing would see him in the Scotland team before long imo. Hopefully his next move is to us.

This for me though the Tornadoes were just before I starting watching Hibs. I often wonder if the comments about not wanting him and him being average are based on how he left us the first time, because I can’t undestand how anyone who has watched him in Hibs jersey doesn’t think he is a fantastic footballer.

S4uzee
13-01-2019, 12:11 PM
I have a feeling he will end up at Aberdeen. I hope not but I can see it happening

I think he’ll end up at Rangers

Scotty Leither
13-01-2019, 12:14 PM
He's a game changer, up there with Edwards, Latapy, and Macleod in my book. If there's a chance of this deal happening we should be busting a gut to get it done.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 12:28 PM
He's a game changer, up there with Edwards, Latapy, and Macleod in my book. If there's a chance of this deal happening we should be busting a gut to get it done.

Agreed.

Smartie
13-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Looking at the dundee defence with and without Hendry in it....
I thought the dundee defence got better when he left.
Celtic’s defence was better/is better without Hendry in it.

Just my thoughts obviously so waiting to be shot down now..

Unless Jack Hendry's mum posts on here, I wouldn't be expecting to be shot down.

southsider
13-01-2019, 12:32 PM
One of my all Hibs moments is when he made mincemeat of a gers thug Black and caused him to be subbed. Magic Scotty, just brilliant.

Bangkok Hibby
13-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Sorry what does his 'Mrs" have to do with anything ?

Surely it's obvious. If we're going to have crap players at least we can oggle their gorgeous wives :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

SeanWilson
13-01-2019, 12:37 PM
So what was the bad advice? Genuine question, by the way.Well, they should have advised him to let Hibs take up their option and continue being a star in the right colour or green, of course. [emoji4] I suppose, as you're alluding too, they got him a deal at Celtic, which has topped up his bank balance. However, if you look at the likes of SJM who was very methodical and respectful in the way he went about things, he continued plying his trade with us, consistently played out of his skin and got a move to arguably a bigger platform, playing week in and out and likely earning far more money. He clearly took some good advice, Allan pushed for the first big move that came his way and I'm not sure that'd have been the case had his representatives been a little more forward thinking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

southsider
13-01-2019, 12:44 PM
John should have stayed another year at Hibs then he would have got a Premiership team and not alsorans like Villa. Big club but been p@ss for years.

Robbo6-2
13-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Lenny saying that no discussions have took place.

Either that isn't true or we are absolutely mental not trying to bring Allan back.

Whole thing seems strange to me.

calumhibee1
13-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Lenny saying that no discussions have took place.

Either that isn't true or we are absolutely mental not trying to bring Allan back.

Whole thing seems strange to me.

Does seem strange. Signing him is a no brained so to not have attempted it would seem madness.

hfc rd
13-01-2019, 01:07 PM
John should have stayed another year at Hibs then he would have got a Premiership team and not alsorans like Villa. Big club but been p@ss for years.

Reading the Villa forum, he has been their best player. Continues playing the same way he is, his performances will not go unnoticed and he’ll be in the EPL pretty soon I believe. I won’t be surprised if that is next season with someone like a Bournemouth, Brighton or someone similar.

cardrosshibbe
13-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Greg Stewart 🤞

southsider
13-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Reading the Villa forum, he has been their best player. Continues playing the same way he is, his performances will not go unnoticed and he’ll be in the EPL pretty soon I believe. I won’t be surprised if that is next season with someone like a Bournemouth, Brighton or someone similar.
Bigger clubs than those Everton, West Ham etc.

CapitalGreen
13-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Bigger clubs than those Everton, West Ham etc.

Nice goal post shifting. He is much more likely to reach a higher level moving from Aston Villa than moving from Hibs.

monarch
13-01-2019, 01:30 PM

In which case we would have received sweet FA for him at the end of his contract.

ChrissyG1875
13-01-2019, 02:04 PM

As much as I would have loved him to stay for another season, I honestly think his stock was as high as it was ever going to get playing for us. Unless of course him staying would have got us into the europa group stages but given who Molde drew after us that was never going to happen.

Looking at it from his perspective, it would have been madness to stay. He’s moved to a massive club, on a lot of money no doubt and he’ll probably be playing epl football in 1 or 2 seasons with or without villa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2019, 02:14 PM

He made the right choice to move to a bigger club at a higher standard but one that was not too much of a reach for him. His move to the EPL will be the same again.

horseflesh
13-01-2019, 02:27 PM

Unless you proved yourself at Champions League level then not many Scottish Premier players are moving straight to the EPL. No need for these clubs to take a gamble

eastcoasthibby
13-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Aan.should be our No.1 target on a 3 year deal make sure he knows we will be structuring our team set up and play around him. We need to start again somewhere, Mallan, Slivka, who are ours can play a bit, we then need a strong central holding midfielder, Bartley & Milligan will.do.short term. Gauld if there is any possibility would.also work.for us in a very productive footballing midfield to build on. So the board needs to get itself focussed on the next 2-3'seasons cos this one isnt going to be anything to get.excited about.

truehibernian
13-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Aan.should be our No.1 target on a 3 year deal make sure he knows we will be structuring our team set up and play around him. We need to start again somewhere, Mallan, Slivka, who are ours can play a bit, we then need a strong central holding midfielder, Bartley & Milligan will.do.short term. Gauld if there is any possibility would.also work.for us in a very productive footballing midfield to build on. So the board needs to get itself focussed on the next 2-3'seasons cos this one isnt going to be anything to get.excited about.

Top 3/4 is still very achievable with a good, concerted effort, more additions will come in, and there is still the Scottish Cup ahead to try and win - plenty more football to get excited about this season, why write it off now ?

Diclonius
13-01-2019, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure Lennon is as bothered about bringing Allan back as we are.

BlackSheep
13-01-2019, 02:54 PM
I think he is playing his cards close to his chest. Remember in the Summer he said we hadn’t spoken to MacLaren then he signed not long after. Patience is needed. Like the stokes deal, things need tied up with Celtic before the ball can roll faster at Hibs.

Zazu62
13-01-2019, 02:56 PM

Maybe Allan doesn’t want to come?

jacomo
13-01-2019, 03:01 PM
As much as I would have loved him to stay for another season, I honestly think his stock was as high as it was ever going to get playing for us. Unless of course him staying would have got us into the europa group stages but given who Molde drew after us that was never going to happen.

Looking at it from his perspective, it would have been madness to stay. He’s moved to a massive club, on a lot of money no doubt and he’ll probably be playing epl football in 1 or 2 seasons with or without villa.

:agree:

Very hard to say SJM made the wrong move. It’s working out very well for him.

Lago
13-01-2019, 03:22 PM
I think he’ll end up at Rangers
I am not sure where he will end up but I don't think it will be Hibs.

Haymaker
13-01-2019, 03:31 PM
:hyper

hibsbollah
13-01-2019, 03:47 PM

I tend to agree, although there's no way if knowing for sure. Looking at Gauldinho on YouTube he does seem to have a similar game to Allan. It maybe that Neil has other bigger priorities with his budget; namely a striker or a Ambrose replacement.

hibsbollah
13-01-2019, 03:49 PM

John has been discussed as being in a likely championship team of the year. He'll be in the top teir soon one way or another. Villas been a brilliant move.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Personally I think Lennon is just keeping his cards close to his chest

Allan is still a Celtic and we can’t pursue him too publicly

Lennon knows what to expect from Allan and Allan knows what life at hibs is like under Lennon

If the rumours are to be believed, that Allan’s contract is to be terminated by Celtic, I would be amazed if we didn’t approach him with an offer

We won’t be the only interested party but why make him our publicly known number 1 target and risk getting egg on our face from a knock back

Time will tell on this one

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Enough of this bad patter.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Greg Stewart 🤞

What about him?

Haymaker
13-01-2019, 06:44 PM

Never.

Hibernia&Alba
13-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Whit bad patter? :hyper

04Sauzee
13-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Is Moult injured or just not getting a game for P.N.E?

bigwheel
13-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Was injured over Xmas period. Not sure about now

Jones28
13-01-2019, 07:34 PM

That smiley is the only thing worth reading on this thread.

Diclonius
13-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Who reckons we'll have more new players than just Gauld in the squad for Saturday?

Leitherhibs
13-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Who reckons we'll have more new players than just Gauld in the squad for Saturday?

Me, one more probably, two more possibly.

JimBHibees
13-01-2019, 08:32 PM
I think we do need another central defender, Hanlon and McGregor have been injured a lot more than they normally are. Porteous is injured, and David Gray who might be used in that position if needed has been injured most of the season.

Milligan has been injured and now away with the national team, i'd say we are stretched at the back especially now Efe has gone.

Hendry in my opinion is struggling at Celtic, and i cant remember anything at all about him at Dundee, but i can see why we are interested in another defender.

I think Hendry would be a decent signing he has struggled at Celtic but has ability and very quick. Certainly need a defender with Efe leaving.

Inconsequential
13-01-2019, 08:53 PM
I think Hendry would be a decent signing he has struggled at Celtic but has ability and very quick. Certainly need a defender with Efe leaving. Some are writing off Hendry already. He's rubbish etc. etc. If he came to Hibs on loan it's how he performs for Hibs and his situation is similar to Scott Allan. Allan's present circumstances don't seem to concern many but they are convinced he would be a great signing. Remember Efe wasn't exactly welcomed here with open arms by some. Time will tell who are great signings and who are not.

#2 Double Tap
13-01-2019, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxB3hPGAKI

Greenworld
14-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Some are writing off Hendry already. He's rubbish etc. etc. If he came to Hibs on loan it's how he performs for Hibs and his situation is similar to Scott Allan. Allan's present circumstances don't seem to concern many but they are convinced he would be a great signing. Remember Efe wasn't exactly welcomed here with open arms by some. Time will tell who are great signings and who are not.Hendry is not going to get a regular slot at Hibs so I don't see this happening.
Effe was a great highly experienced signing Hendry is just learning .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Why would Hendry come to Hibs to sit on the bench? He can do that at Celtic

number9dream
14-01-2019, 08:25 AM

Injured...and now they’ve signed Stockley, the former Aberdeen striker.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Very good point.

Sioux
14-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Very good point.

It could also be said that NL won't be bringing him in just to sit on the bench.

J-C
14-01-2019, 08:47 AM
It could also be said that NL won't be bringing him in just to sit on the bench.

Dear god, not the 3 at the back again :confused:

SMAXXA
14-01-2019, 08:50 AM

It could also be said he’s not planning on bringing him in at all

Sioux
14-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Exactly

Captain Trips
14-01-2019, 09:01 AM
i do not think we need to replace Efe at the back what we need is get in a player that should have been doing the attacking Efe was. Gauld may well be the man.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2019, 09:18 AM

It could also be said that he's bringing him in to be played out of position at centre forward.

That's the most likely.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Would hope we could get a winger in before the weekend? Not essential for Elgin but to give them a chance to train with us ahead of motherwell?

Same applies for a striker i suppose

1van Sprou7e
14-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Hasn't worked so well this season but we went on one of our best runs of form in living memory with 3 at the back last year

J-C
14-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Hasn't worked so well this season but we went on one of our best runs of form in living memory with 3 at the back last year

Mainly due to having the best midfield in the country which we haven't this season. 3 at the back relies on dynamic wingbacks, something we don't really have, if Gray gets injured it's only Whittaker who has zero pace. 4 at the back with a solid DM sitting in front suits our squad.

BlackSheep
14-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Mainly due to having the best midfield in the country which we haven't this season. 3 at the back relies on dynamic wingbacks, something we don't really have, if Gray gets injured it's only Whittaker who has zero pace. 4 at the back with a solid DM sitting in front suits our squad.

We probably need more squad coverage to achieve success with this back line but what a back line it could be:-

Gray Porteus McGregor Hanlon Stevenson/Mackie

With Gray and Stevenson/Mackie as wingbacks.

Right now if any of those gets injured/suspended then we need to change shape and therefor tactics, which has been our downfall this season so far... inconsistent squad availability.

BlackSheep
14-01-2019, 11:40 AM
On another note... seems Martin O'Neill is in the frame to become the Forest manager.... i wonder if he will fancy Cummings?

SANH 1875
14-01-2019, 11:43 AM
On another note... seems Martin O'Neill is in the frame to become the Forest manager.... i wonder if he will fancy Cummings?

Best to leave his sex life out of it

BlackSheep
14-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Best to leave his sex life out of it
:faf:

:rolleyes:

percy veer
14-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Anyone else think Celtic will drag any loan deals with us to the end of the window then shaft us last minute

Springbank
14-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Anyone else think Celtic will drag any loan deals with us to the end of the window then shaft us last minute

Best to leave their sex lives out of it

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2019, 12:29 PM

What a shame for him if he does tin pot club

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2019, 12:30 PM

depends on what hair style he has at the moment

Speedway
14-01-2019, 12:30 PM

With a lot more money than Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Hasn't worked so well this season but we went on one of our best runs of form in living memory with 3 at the back last yearWe don't have the midfield to support it though this year as has been proven with the results. Unless there are more midfielders on the way... which I hope there are...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
14-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Tam McManus giving a wee tease on Twitter about Micah Richards being a good signing for someone on loan. Could be us. Might not be us. Struggling for rumours so it’ll do for now.

04Sauzee
14-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Tam McManus giving a wee tease on Twitter about Micah Richards being a good signing for someone on loan. Could be us. Might not be us. Struggling for rumours so it’ll do for now.

Someone mentioned him a few weeks ago, hasn't played football in an age though

calumhibee1
14-01-2019, 01:30 PM

He could be an unreal signing but then again he hasn’t played in so long that he could be horrendous. I’d doubt we’re in for him tbh.

PatHead
14-01-2019, 01:30 PM
In Edinburgh airport just now. Can't see anyone remotely like a footballer. If we are signing any of the folk in spoons just now we are in real trouble.

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Has it really been any worse than any of the other systems we have tried this season? :greengrin

04Sauzee
14-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Lots of talk on social media that it's Celtic

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 01:45 PM
He could be an unreal signing but then again he hasn’t played in so long that he could be horrendous. I’d doubt we’re in for him tbh.

Is he not always injured if so he should fit right in? :greengrin

calumhibee1
14-01-2019, 01:49 PM

I’m not actually sure it’s an injury that has kept him from playing.. could be wrong though.

Oscar T Grouch
14-01-2019, 01:55 PM
I’m not actually sure it’s an injury that has kept him from playing.. could be wrong though.

According to Bruce, his lack of fitness was the problem, you'd assume the current Villa manager thinks the same given he is nowhere near the first team squad. He had a bad knee injury in his 2nd match in the Championship with Villa and has never regained his place or by the sounds of it his fitness. Big gamble for anyone to take him but a loan deal is probably best for him and Villa atm.

jacomo
14-01-2019, 02:04 PM
In Edinburgh airport just now. Can't see anyone remotely like a footballer. If we are signing any of the folk in spoons just now we are in real trouble.

Excellent, stay put and await further instruction.

What do you mean you have a plane to catch?

Hermit Crab
14-01-2019, 02:15 PM

I was in Waverley earlier, never seen anyone remotely like a footballer either. Drove past several No 26 buses and didn't see any faces.

HoboHarry
14-01-2019, 02:15 PM
I bumped into Robert Fleck in an airport a few years back. Check and see if he is still there......

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2019, 02:20 PM
With a lot more money than Hibs.

And a crap stadium with no training facilities complete with a crap support.....sorry but Aberdeen are hardly loaded

CraigHibee
14-01-2019, 02:23 PM
And a crap stadium with no training facilities complete with a crap support.....sorry but Aberdeen are hardly loaded

they have a wealthy person on the board that appears to be sticking his cash into them

Lago
14-01-2019, 02:40 PM
With more money than us apparently.

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 02:50 PM
With more money than us apparently.

I've no idea how. And they have an out of town stadium to finance.

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 02:53 PM
I've no idea how. And they have an out of town stadium to finance.

Very wealthy I think Oil related benefactor ploughing money in. Was there not also a lotto winner doing the same.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46541484

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/11/afcs-community-sports-hub-and-training-facilities-secures-1m-of-new-investment/

DJ HIBBY
14-01-2019, 02:53 PM

On £70k per week at Villa, unlikely we are in for him. He has 4 year deal with no relegation clause!

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Very wealthy I think Oil related benefactor ploughing money in. Was there not also a lotto winner doing the same.

Is that the guy who is now vice-chairman? Is it from the good of his heart or business related?

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Is that the guy who is now vice-chairman? Is it from the good of his heart or business related?

Not sure put a couple of links in my previous post he seems to have a US colleague also investing.

They do have a lot to spend on though with new stadium etc.

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Not sure put a couple of links in my previous post he seems to have a US colleague also investing.

They do have a lot to spend on though with new stadium etc.

Thanks, love of the club first and foremost then. Lucky bassas. :greengrin

eastcoasthibby
14-01-2019, 03:11 PM
We probably need more squad coverage to achieve success with this back line but what a back line it could be:-

Gray Porteus McGregor Hanlon Stevenson/Mackie

With Gray and Stevenson/Mackie as wingbacks.

Right now if any of those gets injured/suspended then we need to change shape and therefor tactics, which has been our downfall this season so far... inconsistent squad availability.

Is Nelom not still with us as well that guy has the credentials to do a job for us ....but not seen much and ut does take time to adjust to this league ..!!

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Is Nelom not still with us as well that guy has the credentials to do a job for us ....but not seen much and ut does take time to adjust to this league ..!!

One year deal, could really do with him contributing much more.

BlackSheep
14-01-2019, 03:15 PM

Yes he is still with us.... he favours left back/left wing back though and i see Mackie as a better prospect than Nelom right now. If he is happy to play on the right then, he could cover there. Also we have Milligan who could cover in CB but a bit more depth is definitely needed to maintain a 3 at the back formation.

Unseen work
14-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Would like to see us signs Greg Stewart.

Surely he wouldn’t go back to Aberdeen where he only started half there games last season and clearly never fancied him for this season.

Only stumbling block is Birmingham want the 400k the paid for him back

Aldo
14-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Surely he wouldn’t go back to Aberdeen where he only started half there games last season and clearly never fancied him for this season.

I’m sure Stewart’s current contract runs out this summer and is therefore free to talk to any club and potentially sign a pre contract.

They may struggle to recoup all of that imho

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 03:59 PM
I’m sure Stewart’s current contract runs out this summer and is therefore free to talk to any club and potentially sign a pre contract.

They may struggle to recoup all of that imho

Birmingham have recalled him to sell him if they can if not they will loan him again. He's not in the managers plans at all. They will probably see a pre-contract then selling him to that team or loaning them him with more of a wages contribution as a result.

Aldo
14-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Birmingham have recalled him to sell him if they can if not they will loan him again. He's not in the managers plans at all. They will probably see a pre-contract then selling him to that team or loaning them him with more of a wages contribution as a result.

They would be daft not to do that tbh. He is their player!

erin go bragh
14-01-2019, 04:12 PM

We could sign him on a pre contract and offer Birmingham 100k to get him in this window.

Hibernian32
14-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Are we even involved in this window? Will we have a couple new faces before Saturday? Very very dry business from us so far it's annoying

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Are we even involved in this window? Will we have a couple new faces before Saturday? Very very dry business from us so far it's annoying

I doubt there will be any before Saturday, but surely there will be some before the end of the month?

Fingers crossed!!

Lago
14-01-2019, 04:31 PM
I doubt there will be any before Saturday, but surely there will be some before the end of the month?

Fingers crossed!!
There better be or this place will go into melt down, so far we have a 6 month loan who has basically spent 5/6 years playing in the lower leagues of Portuguese football. Looking for more.

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 04:33 PM
There better be or this place will go into melt down, so far we have a 6 month loan who has basically spent 5/6 years playing in the lower leagues of Portuguese football. Looking for more.

Absolutely!

MSK
14-01-2019, 04:36 PM
I was in Waverley earlier, never seen anyone remotely like a footballer either. Drove past several No 26 buses and didn't see any faces.I was in RIE today, saw loads o guys on crutches, thought, possible signings 🤭

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 04:39 PM
I was in RIE today, saw loads o guys on crutches, thought, possible signings 🤭

No good.

They're all Hearts players!!:greengrin

bod
14-01-2019, 04:42 PM

doubt the board will be bothered by whats posted on this site

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 04:52 PM
doubt the board is bothered.

That better?
:cb

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2019, 05:02 PM
I don’t think there’s any chance of us having more bodies in for Saturday. I think we’re playing the long game on a few decent additions so may take till the end of the window to get them done. Just hope it doesn’t leave us short.

DetroitHibs
14-01-2019, 05:06 PM
It's mind boggling how we don't have all our ducks in a row before the window opens, and just get business done early. Having at least 2-3 bodies able to train with the players and gel should be crucial.

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 05:08 PM
It's mind boggling how we don't have all our ducks in a row before the window opens, and just get business done early. Having at least 2-3 bodies able to train with the players and gel should be crucial.

This could either move onto a board bashing thread or a Neil Lennon bashing thread. I hope neither.

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2019, 05:17 PM
they have a wealthy person on the board that appears to be sticking his cash into them

yet they have a poor squad...Aberdeen have a new stadium to try and finance. This rich guy they have has hardly signed them anyone who makes them title contenders. Aberdeen are more than there for that taking and even their support has accused the board of lacking intent. Stewart Milne is a tight backside.

1van Sprou7e
14-01-2019, 05:20 PM

If only it was that simple

SquashedFrogg
14-01-2019, 05:40 PM

But sometimes ducks have other ponds to chose from. And like to take their time chosing which one to swim in.

I'm assuming it's the boards fault? Or Lennon's?

bod
14-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Maybe the ducks are within the last 6 months of their contracts & are waiting from an improved offer from A few clubs ,rather than sign for the 1st club that talks to them

Speedway
14-01-2019, 05:57 PM

It’s also mind boggling that no matter how often the club explains the process to the fans, we still can’t grab how the process works.

Lago
14-01-2019, 06:03 PM
But sometimes ducks have other ponds to chose from. And like to take their time chosing which one to swim in.

Bit like checking out the proverbial sweetie poke😁

Lago
14-01-2019, 06:04 PM
It’s also mind boggling that no matter how often the club explains the process to the fans, we still can’t grab how the process works.
Because it never works the way they explain it.

Speedway
14-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Certainly so. The expectation that we sign everyone we want in the first week is also not how it works.

If it was, it would be a one week transfer window with all clubs having got their business done straight away.

SquashedFrogg
14-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Lol Exactly

HoboHarry
14-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Ach we could have some of Dundee's luck - signed Andrew Davies and 4 days later he's gone and broken his foot......

Leith's finest
14-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Ach we could have some of Dundee's luck - signed Andrew Davies and 4 days later he's gone and broken his foot......

We done the same with daryl duffy a few year ago

Stonewall
14-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Expand on that please.

Smartie
14-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Seemingly we've transferred our terrible injury record over to Dundee in exchange for bucketloads of cash coming our way.

It's a bit like that time we gave them Alex Harris for Martin Boyle.

Northern Hibby
14-01-2019, 08:12 PM

Haha past through Edinburgh airport this morning heading to East Midlands airport and I thought the very same 😂

SMAXXA
14-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Seemingly we've transferred our terrible injury record over to Dundee in exchange for bucketloads of cash coming our way.

It's a bit like that time we gave them Alex Harris for Martin Boyle.

That’s got to be one of the best bits of business we have done Be Interested to hear from a Dundee point of view

Lago
14-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Expand on that please.
Self explanatory.

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 08:53 PM

This whole thread is like a box of chocolates

You never know what you are going to get!

Northern Hibby
14-01-2019, 09:00 PM
This whole thread is like a box of chocolates

You never know what you are going to get!

A bit like our transfer window in general then 😁

calumhibee1
14-01-2019, 09:02 PM
That’s got to be one of the best bits of business we have done Be Interested to hear from a Dundee point of view

I remember seeing a Dundee fan on Facebook who was delighted. Martin Boyle was the worst player he’d ever seen apparently.

oldbutdim
14-01-2019, 10:37 PM

It depends upon the size of the duck's bill.

Waddle we do when we don't have Petrie to quack up about?

1875godsgift
14-01-2019, 11:10 PM
It depends upon the size of the duck's bill.

Waddle we do when we don't have Petrie to quack up about?

You mean a bit feather down the line?

WeeRussell
15-01-2019, 01:56 AM
You mean a bit feather down the line?

You speaking pigeon English?

Haymaker
15-01-2019, 01:56 AM

HoboHarry
15-01-2019, 02:11 AM
You speaking pigeon English?
Haw you a pigeon isnae a duck. Stop being a loon......

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 06:59 AM
Making a bid for Craig Bryson apparently. Long term contract for a 32 year old might not be too clever but he’s evidently still a good player at a good level as he’s played for Derby recently.

https://bit.ly/2AL5GXU

calumhibee1
15-01-2019, 07:01 AM
Making a bid for Craig Bryson apparently. Long term contract for a 32 year old might not be too clever but he’s evidently still a good player at a good level as he’s played for Derby recently.

Would seem like a good signing for a season or two but I wouldn’t want to see him given a long term deal. If that’s what it’ll take to get him then we should pass imo.

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Would seem like a good signing for a season or two but I wouldn’t want to see him given a long term deal. If that’s what it’ll take to get him then we should pass.

Depends what his fitness is like. There have been midfielders in this league who have played till 35/36. He’s a cut above any of our current midfield by a long way. There will be quite a lot of competition for him I’d imagine. Could see Killie making a move as well.

SMAXXA
15-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Got to remember players are in a different condition these days he’s playing every week in the championship and is a fit lad. He could easily play I to his 35/36 and do a job up here. Not saying that’s the length of deal we would give but he would be great experience and a really good player.

04Sauzee
15-01-2019, 07:08 AM

Played alot of games for Derby this season he played as recently as Friday against Leeds

bookert
15-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Played alot of games for Derby this season he played as recently as Friday against Leeds

Yes and got a roasting by the young Leeds winger Clarke.

bingo70
15-01-2019, 07:12 AM

I’m not one for judging players by their age as everybody is different but imo what we need is a tenacious energetic midfielder, probably exactly what Bryson was in his day but as he gets older he’s more likely to start sitting a bit deeper, I don’t think that’s what we need. Bartley and Milligan are both sitting defensive midfielders that like to play just in front of the defence to protect them, we don’t need another one like that so if we do go for him I hope he’s still a box to box player.

In terms of the length of the deal, i don’t think it’s negative to say Lennon probably won’t be here in 2 or 3 years so I’m not sure he should be hanging that length contracts to players of that age who won’t have any sell on value. Different if he was younger and being offered a long term deal.

bingo70
15-01-2019, 07:13 AM

He’s not a full back is he?

I didn’t see the game but I read on Twitter it was the guy who was on loan at Aberdeen earlier in the season that got a roasting from
The Leeds winger.

04Sauzee
15-01-2019, 07:15 AM

He did for the first goal. Better players than Bryson will get done by Clarke.

Not sure there is anything in the Bryson story

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Bryson would be pretty decent.

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2019, 07:26 AM

Nothing on that article about Bryson 🤔

Juniper Greens
15-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Scroll down and click the link in the grey box. Full article on him

calumhibee1
15-01-2019, 07:31 AM

It’s below the main article.

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Aye it’s not the best link to use. Scroll down and there’s a bit in there stating the express are reporting it.

Robbo6-2
15-01-2019, 07:38 AM
He's still playing at a good level and performing well but it would worry me if we were gonna offer another long term deal to a 32+ year old player.

We have enough older experianced players in squad all ready. What we need is young hungry players looking to make a point imo

Gordy M
15-01-2019, 07:43 AM
This is the market we are in, we are not going to sign a young player playing in the Championship on a long term contract. We either have to take 'better' players on loan or sign young ineperienced players who may or not make the grade. The other option are good players who are coming towards the end of their careers eg Craig Bryson. All the scottish teams outwith the old firm are in the same boat.

IGRIGI
15-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Bryson, Milligan, Whittaker, we could have our very own Still Game midfield.

calumhibee1
15-01-2019, 07:49 AM
This is the market we are in, we are not going to sign a young player playing in the Championship on a long term contract. We either have to take 'better' players on loan or sign young ineperienced players who may or not make the grade. The other option are good players who are coming towards the end of their careers eg Craig Bryson. All the scottish teams outwith the old firm are in the same boat.

I don’t disagree with that. The problem for me though is that we already have Gray, Stevenson, Daz, Milligan, Whittaker and Bartley who are approaching the twilight of their careers. Having a couple is fine but we seem to be gathering a lot of older players in our squad.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-01-2019, 07:52 AM

"Hibs have entered the race for Derby County’sCraig Bryson, according to reports.

The Rams midfielder - who is also on Rangers radar - is out of contract in the summer. And despite being a regular under Frank Lampard the player is understood to be keen on a move home to Scotland.

That has alerted Neil Lennon who reckons the 32-year-old would beef up his midfield and add much needed experience.

According to the Express, Lennon is prepared to offer Bryson a long-term deal in a bid to lure him north of the border.

We told last week how Rangers were interested in Bryson. And Sunderland could also make a move."

Souter96Mac
15-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Bryson would be a quality signing.

Big_Franck
15-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Bryson would be a quality signing.

Sounds like the Derby fans think he's finished. Link here (https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/13/some-derby-fans-slate-craig-brysons-display-after-rangers-links/).

Wouldn't be against signing him on a short term deal though, 18 months max if Lennon think he's still got it. We should absolutely not be doing a Whittaker here though.

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Seems like Sunderland are after him as well. Have we been linked to a player in the last year that hasn’t had “Sunderland are also interested” alongside it? Jack Ross can get himself to ****.

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Seems like Sunderland are after him as well. Have we been linked to a player in the last year that hasn’t had “Sunderland are also interested” alongside it? Jack Ross can get himself to ****.

Agree! Would not be surprised if he is in for Jack Hendry of Celtic as well!

:faf:

bingo70
15-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Sounds like the Derby fans think he's finished. Link here (https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/13/some-derby-fans-slate-craig-brysons-display-after-rangers-links/).

Wouldn't be against signing him on a short term deal though, 18 months max if Lennon think he's still got it. We should absolutely not be doing a Whittaker here though.

I agree.

I think there’s a danger that we think anyone that’s had a career down south is automatically better than what we have up here.

I would much rather try to sign up and coming players with their careers on the way up than older guys stringing out their careers for as long as possible.

He’d be on a tidy wage I bet, I’d prefer It if we didn’t sign him and instead offered a decent deal for a Pittman or Byrne at Livi, even Shankland at Ayr although I know he’s a different position, there’s a young guy at Patrick that’s apparently attracting a lot of interest. Let’s try and get these kind of players in.

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Seriously though, does Jack Ross have something against Lennon, Hibs or both? Sunderland suddenly being interested in a player we're after or one of our players is coming up too much to be a coincidence now, surely.

RossScott1991
15-01-2019, 08:29 AM
It's a no from me in regards to Craig Bryson tbh. Our midfield has lacked spark, and creativity. We don't need experience veteran in there. Marv and Milligan are passable for sitting midfielders. Slivka provides the athleticism.

We need to sprinkle creative dust in midfield along with pace. Winger and another Gauld type player required imo.

So pass on Bryson, giving Whittaker a 3 year deal was horrendous business. The players gain everything from such deals while we get footballers on the decline.

If lennon wants that type of player id rather the boy at livi

Michael
15-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Seriously though, does Jack Ross have something against Lennon, Hibs or both? Sunderland suddenly being interested in a player we're after or one of our players is coming up too much to be a coincidence now, surely.

Another manager wants to sign players to improve his side. Obviously he knows the Scottish game well, so it's hardly surprising.

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2019, 08:45 AM
"Hibs have entered the race for Derby County’sCraig Bryson, according to reports.

The Rams midfielder - who is also on Rangers radar - is out of contract in the summer. And despite being a regular under Frank Lampard the player is understood to be keen on a move home to Scotland.

That has alerted Neil Lennon who reckons the 32-year-old would beef up his midfield and add much needed experience.

According to the Express, Lennon is prepared to offer Bryson a long-term deal in a bid to lure him north of the border.

We told last week how Rangers were interested in Bryson. And Sunderland could also make a move."

:aok:

hibbyfraelibby
15-01-2019, 08:49 AM
In Greggs on Easter Road. No sign of any gallus wee characters with dodgy hairdos ordering cheese and onion pasties. Doesn't look like any transger business getting done today...😏

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2019, 08:52 AM

I'm starting to wonder. They're clearly shopping in the same market as us, Hearts and Aberdeen. They signed McLaughlan, Ozturk and that big glaikit defender who has just left Hearts and obviously Dylan.

Big_Franck
15-01-2019, 08:53 AM
I agree.

I think there’s a danger that we think anyone that’s had a career down south is automatically better than what we have up here.

I would much rather try to sign up and coming players with their careers on the way up than older guys stringing out their careers for as long as possible.

He’d be on a tidy wage I bet, I’d prefer It if we didn’t sign him and instead offered a decent deal for a Pittman or Byrne at Livi, even Shankland at Ayr although I know he’s a different position, there’s a young guy at Patrick that’s apparently attracting a lot of interest. Let’s try and get these kind of players in.

Totally agree. I've liked the look of both Pittman and Byrne when I've seen them for Livi.

From what I've seen of Bryson he isn't really what we are crying out for in midfield though - energy, drive and creativity. At least it's a new rumour though :greengrin

Gordy M
15-01-2019, 08:54 AM
I don’t disagree with that. The problem for me though is that we already have Gray, Stevenson, Daz, Milligan, Whittaker and Bartley who are approaching the twilight of their careers. Having a couple is fine but we seem to be gathering a lot of older players in our squad.
Yeh i agree, was just pointing out its not just as easy as going out and signing these good up and coming young players, they are also a gamble....Mallan, Slivka, Hyndman etc.

Ozyhibby
15-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Bryson would be a terrible signing, especially on a long term deal. His legs have already gone which is why he has only played 5 games this season. I’m sure someone will mention the age we signed Sauzee but let’s face it, Craig Bryson was never the player Sauzee was. We will regret this signing.
We’ll soon be providing more pensions than Standard Life.
Hopefully this is all nonsense. If not it shows we are not learning.

04Sauzee
15-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Bryson would be a terrible signing, especially on a long term deal. His legs have already gone which is why he has only played 5 games this season. I’m sure someone will mention the age we signed Sauzee but let’s face it, Craig Bryson was never the player Sauzee was. We will regret this signing.

Has Bryson really only played 5 games for Derby this season?

B.H.F.C
15-01-2019, 09:04 AM

Bryson has played for Derby most weeks this season.

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 09:05 AM

He’s played 19 championship games this season. Two goals and two assists. Also played a couple of cup games.

He’d instantly become our best midfielder if he signed.

Gordy M
15-01-2019, 09:05 AM

Played 22 games this season

My_Wife_Camille
15-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Has Bryson really only played 5 games for Derby this season?
Not quite. He’s played 21, started 19 and played the full 90. 17 times.

I’d be ok with the signing but it’s the long term deal that worries me a bit. I’m all for having experienced players in the team but at this rate we’d only be an injury or suspension away from a midfield of Bryson, Milligan, Bartley and Whittaker which is a terrifying thought.

number9dream
15-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Why would Derby be releasing one of their regular starters midway through the season?

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Why would Derby be releasing one of their regular starters midway through the season?

It would be a pre contract for next season

RossScott1991
15-01-2019, 09:12 AM
What worries me is it's very much a lennon signing.

Every year with Lennon the transfer policy is short term fixes, less building for 2/3 seasons unlike majority stubbs signings.

Always feels like we are swimming towards the tide at times with NL. Loans /Short term loans, Holt / Milligan / Commons aging. 2 January windows in a row required to 'Save our season' NL leaves tomorrow he would leave the next manager a poor squad needing surgery in the summer all over again.

It's my biggest grumble with him. There needs to be a vision/structure in getting youth and experience right and start pushing boat out for signings tied down long term. Board too of course.

Just my opinion

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2019, 09:13 AM

You just made all that up though but don’t let that get in the way of you having a moan

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 09:16 AM
It would be a pre contract for next season

I would be reluctant to take him just now but if as you say it is a precontract for next season it is a no!

We need players in now

As others have said young hungry players with potential that want to be here

Cmon HIBS !

Peevemor
15-01-2019, 09:17 AM

Every year with Lennon the transfer policy is short term fixes, less building for 2/3 seasons unlike majority stubbs signings.

Always feels like we are swimming towards the tide at times with NL. Loans /Short term loans, Holt / Milligan / Commons aging. 2 January windows in a row required to 'Save our season' NL leaves tomorrow he would leave the next manager a poor squad needing surgery in the summer all over again.

It's my biggest grumble with him. There needs to be a vision/structure in getting youth and experience right and start pushing boat out for signings tied down long term. Board too of course.

Just my opinion

Sorry, but I can't agree.

About half the first team squad are contracted until at least 2021, with some even longer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903

B.H.F.C
15-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Just my opinion

He also has Porteous playing every week. Shaw playing often. And Mackie emerging now.

Mallan and Kamberi are both young and signed for big fees (by our standards) on long term deals. Slivka was another signed long term.

Some of the older players have already started to phase out. I can’t see all of Bartley, Gray and McGregor being here next year.

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Totally agree. I've liked the look of both Pittman and Byrne when I've seen them for Livi.

From what I've seen of Bryson he isn't really what we are crying out for in midfield though - energy, drive and creativity. At least it's a new rumour though :greengrin

Yeah and they'll probably slip through the net and end up down south like Snodgrass and Dorrans and everyone will be asking why

RossScott1991
15-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Sorry, but I can't agree.

About half the first team squad are contracted until at least 2021, with some even longer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903

how many of the first team squad this season do you have total faith in? especially the midfielders? reason we are sitting here desperate for another 3/4 signings is because a lot of our 'first' team squad have been a let down this season.

Ozyhibby
15-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Not quite. He’s played 21, started 19 and played the full 90. 17 times.

I’d be ok with the signing but it’s the long term deal that worries me a bit. I’m all for having experienced players in the team but at this rate we’d only be an injury or suspension away from a midfield of Bryson, Milligan, Bartley and Whittaker which is a terrifying thought.

Apologies, the stats I saw were obviously not up to date. However I still don’t think this is a good idea. Giving long term deals to players his age is poor squad management. We already have a lot of players past their best as it is.

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 09:26 AM
I’m not one for judging players by their age as everybody is different but imo what we need is a tenacious energetic midfielder, probably exactly what Bryson was in his day but as he gets older he’s more likely to start sitting a bit deeper, I don’t think that’s what we need. Bartley and Milligan are both sitting defensive midfielders that like to play just in front of the defence to protect them, we don’t need another one like that so if we do go for him I hope he’s still a box to box player.

In terms of the length of the deal, i don’t think it’s negative to say Lennon probably won’t be here in 2 or 3 years so I’m not sure he should be hanging that length contracts to players of that age who won’t have any sell on value. Different if he was younger and being offered a long term deal.

Agree some of the concerns re age however he is exactly the type of energetic aggressive player we need. Playing at a better level than we are for most of this season. Have always liked him as a player and think he would be a great signing if still fit. The bottom line is we are unlikely to be able to get the quality we need in their prime it will either be an older player or a youngster with promise. Hope it goes through now rather than the summer.

My_Wife_Camille
15-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Apologies, the stats I saw were obviously not up to date. However I still don’t think this is a good idea. Giving long term deals to players his age is poor squad management. We already have a lot of players past their best as it is.

I can see the mistake you made I think, did you use Wikipedia by any chance!?

As a side note, it always gives me a giggle how often people on here accuse others of lying or making stuff up when they make an honest mistake. I’m pretty sure if someone was intent on making things up they’d come up with something that wasn’t so easy to prove incorrect.

J-C
15-01-2019, 09:39 AM
The difference I see with Bryson compared to Milligan is Bryson has played as a very decent level since 2011, similar age but looking at the amount of games he's played ( 245 ) that's averaging 35 games per season, not bad at all and doesn't seem to any injury issues, well none that I can find going by the amount of games played anyway. If he's been looking after himself and been relatively injury free he could still play at a very decent level for at least another 3 years, his professionalism will be good for the club and foe the youngsters coming through, just look at Whittaker and how he's been mentoring the younger players.

Bobby's Cinema
15-01-2019, 09:41 AM

Just my opinion
Complete nonsense. It is the manager that will ask for the player it is then up to the board to structure the deal.

Kamberi, Mallan, the goalie to name a few.

Sometimes if you want better quality in, you can only get them in on loan as they try to get themselves playing and noticed again, then if you are lucky, you will get something permanent

J-C
15-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Just my opinion

Erm Milligan signed a 2 year deal, he's 32 and 2 years is normal for someone his age.

bingo70
15-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Agree some of the concerns re age however he is exactly the type of energetic aggressive player we need. Playing at a better level than we are for most of this season. Have always liked him as a player and think he would be a great signing if still fit. The bottom line is we are unlikely to be able to get the quality we need in their prime it will either be an older player or a youngster with promise. Hope it goes through now rather than the summer.

But he's obviously been deemed not good enough for that level just now or Derby wouldn't be letting him go mid-season. it sounds like he's been asked to do a job and after assessing him over the start to the season Lampard has decided he's currently not good enough.

I know there's the argument that the English Championship is a better standard than our premier league however despite all it's wealth i'm not sure i buy into that. A good player in our Premier league will be a good player in the championship and vice versa. A player that is showing signs of ageing and struggling a bit will in all probability have the same problem up here.

If it was, or is, a short term deal to see how he gets on then i'd be all for it but the talk of a longer term deal worries me. IMO Lennon will likely be spending a decent chunk of the next Hibs managers budget on an ageing box to box midfielder that will likely offer very poor value in his final year or two. I'm obviously working on the assumption that if he gets a 3 year deal then he will probably outlast Lennon at the club. That's not a dig at Lennon at all, i'd be amazed if he was still our manager in 2 or 3 years though, he'll either have left or been head hunted by then.

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Not sure if been mentioned already but Craig Bryson being linked to The Rangers( 2 days ago) a lot of Rams fans happy to drive them there themselves

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/13/some-derby-fans-slate-craig-brysons-display-after-rangers-links/

Looks as if we are all after the same players?

Gordy M
15-01-2019, 09:49 AM
But he's obviously been deemed not good enough for that level just now or Derby wouldn't be letting him go mid-season. it sounds like he's been asked to do a job and after assessing him over the start to the season Lampard has decided he's currently not good enough.

I know there's the argument that the English Championship is a better standard than our premier league however despite all it's wealth i'm not sure i buy into that. A good player in our Premier league will be a good player in the championship and vice versa. A player that is showing signs of ageing and struggling a bit will in all probability have the same problem up here.

If it was, or is, a short term deal to see how he gets on then i'd be all for it but the talk of a longer term deal worries me. IMO Lennon will likely be spending a decent chunk of the next Hibs managers budget on an ageing box to box midfielder that will likely offer very poor value in his final year or two. I'm obviously working on the assumption that if he gets a 3 year deal then he will probably outlast Lennon at the club. That's not a dig at Lennon at all, i'd be amazed if he was still our manager in 2 or 3 years though, he'll either have left or been head hunted by then.

I thought Bryson was looking for a move home as his partner expecting? Or for family reasons? Maybe Derby have agreed to this. Im sure if he wasnt deemed good enough Derby have enough players to replace him and not play him in 22 games so far?

bigswissstriker
15-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Bryson started against Leeds in arguably derbys biggest game this season on Friday just past. He’s still got it in him to come up here and be a success make no mistake.

bingo70
15-01-2019, 09:59 AM
I thought Bryson was looking for a move home as his partner expecting? Or for family reasons? Maybe Derby have agreed to this. Im sure if he wasnt deemed good enough Derby have enough players to replace him and not play him in 22 games so far?

If Lampard felt him staying longer would benefit the club he'd be staying longer and not being given away for free whether he has a child due or not. I am absolutely certain of that.

Sounds like the Derby fans who see him week in and week out think the same.

I've absolutely no idea with regards to the depth of the Derby squad so i can't answer that however it's not unheard of for managers to reluctantly have to play players they don't want to until they can get better in the next transfer window.

Anyway, I know i've been really negative about him signing, if he does sign he'll get my full support and nobody will be happier if he proves me wrong. As it stands though i have alarm bells ringing.

Peevemor
15-01-2019, 10:00 AM
how many of the first team squad this season do you have total faith in? especially the midfielders? reason we are sitting here desperate for another 3/4 signings is because a lot of our 'first' team squad have been a let down this season.

I responded to your point about Lennon & short term deals. It's obvious that he wants to tie players down to longer deals where appropriate.

For what it's worth, I think we have a decent squad but the number of injuries has obviously had an effect on team selection & consistency.

It's pretty obvious that we're missing something in midfield, but replacing the 3 we lost in the summer was never going to happen overnight.

mcfly
15-01-2019, 10:01 AM

😳😳

DJ HIBBY
15-01-2019, 10:05 AM
😳😳

Bryson is on £30k plus a week and still playing fairly regularly for Derby. How could we possibly afford him? Seems fanciful

J-C
15-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Bryson is on £30k plus a week and still playing fairly regularly for Derby. How could we possibly afford him? Seems fanciful

Of course it does but at least it's a rumour of some sorts and a change from posters bickering over nonsense on here.

The_Horde
15-01-2019, 10:19 AM
I love when folks on here turn their noses up to players because of their age.

Probably the same posters who'd have us sign Dobbie in a heartbeat.

Norwich fans had Naismith down as finished as well and he seems to be doing ok.

SMAXXA
15-01-2019, 10:25 AM

It’s also lazy journalism he’s the easy target to throw in the mix and seen he denied interest in one of the Celtic players last week maybe it was Henry can’t remember but reqdnuis interview

SMAXXA
15-01-2019, 10:27 AM

We won’t and it’s the same reason guys like Dobbie have come back as made his money and the return to Scotland isn’t a money move unless the old firm are interested

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Cummings punted back to Forest. Reason given as “off field issues”.

bingo70
15-01-2019, 10:31 AM

I think the type of players they are is of huge relevance.

Centre half's and forwards can play well into their 30's. Midfielders generally play differently and become more defensive and play the sitting role. Wingers are normally done by the time they are in their 30's and full backs become more defensive and don't bomb up and down the way they did in their prime. Keepers come into their prime at that age.

There's obviously exceptions to every rule but in general terms i think the above is normally what we can expect.

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 10:33 AM

I thought it was likely for the summer. He is playing every week for Derby maybe Frank has been given big bucks in this window to splash out hence may be looking to offload a couple in this window.

Heckys Wheel
15-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Cummings punted back to Forest. Reason given as “off field issues”.

Where are you seeing that bud?

DJ HIBBY
15-01-2019, 10:35 AM
I think the type of players they are is of huge relevance.

Centre half's and forwards can play well into their 30's. Midfielders generally play differently and become more defensive and play the sitting role. Wingers are normally done by the time they are in their 30's and full backs become more defensive and don't bomb up and down the way they did in their prime. Keepers come into their prime at that age.

There's obviously exceptions to every rule but in general terms i think the above is normally what we can expect.

Totally agree we are crying out for energy, dig and pace in our midfield. Very unlikely to find that with a player in his 30s. I would prefer us to be in the same market that found and developed the likes of McGinn, McGeouch etc...

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 10:54 AM

Was on the DR transfer feed thing. Had quotes so assumed it was official but can’t see anything on the Peterborough Twitter.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Former Hibs and Rangers (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc) striker Jason Cummings (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/jason-cummings) has been sent back to Nottingham Forest because he lost focus due to “off-the-field” issues.
The Scotland international had been in great form at the start of the season for Peterborough, scoring six goals in his first six games with the English League One side, picking up the League One player of the month award back in August in the process.
But since then he found the back of the net just twice in 23 appearances, and Posh boss Steve Evans admitted the striker had lost his way in recent months.
He said:

Jason was sensational when he first got here.
He looked like the top end Championship striker he is, but off the field stuff then affected his focus and he’s not been the same since.
A successful side needs all its players to be focussed and to work hard.
Jason is a great lad and he will prove again what a top player he is, but it’s not happened for him here which is a shame.

Lago
15-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Bryson, Milligan, Whittaker, we could have our very own Still Game midfield.

Or one foot in the grave!!

Centre Hawf
15-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Former Hibs and Rangers (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc) striker Jason Cummings (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/jason-cummings) has been sent back to Nottingham Forest because he lost focus due to “off-the-field” issues.
The Scotland international had been in great form at the start of the season for Peterborough, scoring six goals in his first six games with the English League One side, picking up the League One player of the month award back in August in the process.
But since then he found the back of the net just twice in 23 appearances, and Posh boss Steve Evans admitted the striker had lost his way in recent months.
He said:

Jason was sensational when he first got here.
He looked like the top end Championship striker he is, but off the field stuff then affected his focus and he’s not been the same since.
A successful side needs all its players to be focussed and to work hard.
Jason is a great lad and he will prove again what a top player he is, but it’s not happened for him here which is a shame.

From what i’ve heard the video of him wrecking his flat coincided with a bit of a bad spell for Jase. Think he needs help and support at the moment. And back up near his family.

Speedway
15-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Further to my Marc Pugh rumour last week.

Hibs simply can’t afford him. He’s very impressed by the club and the manager and the opportunity to spend his weekends on the pitch rather than in the stands but other offers on the table can give him what he’s looking for so we’re out of the race.

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Looks like Aberdeen are the other club after Greg Stewart. We lost out to them for him first time round and we don't seem to be able/want to compete with them - ah well.

MrRobot
15-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Looks like Aberdeen are the other club after Greg Stewart. We lost out to them for him first time round and we don't seem to be able/want to compete with them - ah well.

How much have we offered Birmingham and Stewart against what Aberdeen have?

Gaffer1875
15-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Might not be a lot happening but the rumours are starting to progress nicely. Happy with the standard (overall) that we are linked with;

Cummings
Scott Allan
Mlumbu
Hendry
Morgan
Halkett
Bryson
Shankland

If we could get 3 of those, ideally Scott Allan, Shankland and Halkett, for me it would be a successful window along with Gauld.

Ozyhibby
15-01-2019, 11:28 AM
McKenna going to Celtic? Will Aberdeen ask for Allan as a makeweight?

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 11:29 AM
How much have we offered Birmingham and Stewart against what Aberdeen have?

Basing this on past transfer competition between us and them (Gregg Wylde, Niall McGinn, Greg Stewart initial loan), they always seem to win out - no inside info. I suppose if we have a more pressing need for a striker we may offer more from them.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 11:32 AM
From what i’ve heard the video of him wrecking his flat coincided with a bit of a bad spell for Jase. Think he needs help and support at the moment. And back up near his family.

Lennon arm round the shoulder, go out and concentrate on scoring goals type thing? I would be open to this if we can get him longer than 6 months then have to find a replacement for half our team again.

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Appears that the rumour started based on a picture of McKenna in the back of a taxi. I’d be surprised if Aberdeen sold him to Celtc. Especially as they knocked back £6m from Villa for him.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Can't see it when he can sign a pre-contract just now with anyone. The ball isn't in Celtic's court anymore re Allan.

500miles
15-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Further to my Marc Pugh rumour last week.

Hibs simply can’t afford him. He’s very impressed by the club and the manager and the opportunity to spend his weekends on the pitch rather than in the stands but other offers on the table can give him what he’s looking for so we’re out of the race.

Didn't we reach that point with Milligan in the summer, before a change of heart ?

Heisenberg
15-01-2019, 11:52 AM
STV journo reporting that Aberdeen haven’t made any contact about signing Greg Stewart and have not shown any interest so far.

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 11:53 AM
STV journo reporting that Aberdeen haven’t made any contact about signing Greg Stewart and have not shown any interest so far.

Good!

JimboHibs
15-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Basing this on past transfer competition between us and them (Gregg Wylde, Niall McGinn, Greg Stewart initial loan), they always seem to win out - no inside info. I suppose if we have a more pressing need for a striker we may offer more from them.

That was a quick change of heart ...

From we dont want to compete to we may offer more.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Didn't we reach that point with Milligan in the summer, before a change of heart ?

Did Milligan have other offers? I presumed he got none that was anticipated so we got him eventually?

Centre Hawf
15-01-2019, 12:04 PM
That was a quick change of heart ...

From we dont want to compete to we may offer more.

You loaded the question knowing full well he couldn’t answer it for you. He says we seem to not want to compete because of past dealings and the absolute non existence of any mention of us in rumours for him. It’s a football forum. Folk are allowed to get excited and miserable over nothing.

Godsahibby
15-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Appears that the rumour started based on a picture of McKenna in the back of a taxi. I’d be surprised if Aberdeen sold him to Celtc. Especially as they knocked back £6m from Villa for him.

I don't think they actually knocked by £6MM. If I remember right Villa couldn't buy him at the time as it was after the window down there closed. It was going to be a loan deal with an option to buy, no guarantee Villa would have paid it. McInnes knocked it back because he would have lost a player and had no immediate funds to replace him.

04Sauzee
15-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Chris Erskine is being rumoured to be joining Livingston from Thistle. I wonder if Byrne could be o his way out at Thistle and Livingston getting a replacement in first. Probably not but it's good to speculate 😂

mentalhibee
15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Hope we sign Jason Cummings back on a permanent deal, exactly what we need.

500miles
15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Did Milligan have other offers? I presumed he got none that was anticipated so we got him eventually?

I'm not sure. We were similar situation with horgan too. Wanted him early, appeared to be out of the running, but due to change of circumstances, we got him later in the window.

Could be a waiting game.

matty_f
15-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure. We were similar situation with horgan too. Wanted him early, appeared to be out of the running, but due to change of circumstances, we got him later in the window.

Could be a waiting game.

That's frustrating because the mighty Livingston might sign someone while we're waiting.

CapitalGreen
15-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Chris Erskine is being rumoured to be joining Livingston from Thistle. I wonder if Byrne could be o his way out at Thistle and Livingston getting a replacement in first. Probably not but it's good to speculate 😂

Are Erskine and Byrne similar types of players? I wouldn't have said so personally but not seen a lot of Byrne.

Hamish
15-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Funny you mention Erskine. I've always been impressed with him but for whatever reasons his career hasn't really kicked on.

Lago
15-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Might not be a lot happening but the rumours are starting to progress nicely. Happy with the standard (overall) that we are linked with;

Cummings
Scott Allan
Mlumbu
Hendry
Morgan
Halkett
Bryson
Shankland

If we could get 3 of those, ideally Scott Allan, Shankland and Halkett, for me it would be a successful window along with Gauld.

Some of the links are pretty tenuous to be honest I could see a situation where none of them sign.

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Funny you mention Erskine. I've always been impressed with him but for whatever reasons his career hasn't really kicked on.

I was too in his first spell with Partick then he got his move to Dundee Utd and wasn’t great

CMurdoch
15-01-2019, 12:50 PM

Cummings
Scott Allan
Mlumbu
Hendry
Morgan
Halkett
Bryson
Shankland

All 3 on pre contracts would be perfect and at a cost of rock all

Hibernian32
15-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Adam Rooney as well picked the sheep over us

Jim44
15-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Martin O’Neil appointed manager at Forrest. Cummings has been returned to Forrest for ‘off-field’ issues. Wonder where that places his future?

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2019, 12:58 PM

We were only offering Rooney a loan deal if I remember correctly.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Martin O’Neil appointed manager at Forrest. Cummings has been returned to Forrest for ‘off-field’ issues. Wonder where that places his future?

Can’t see Roy Keane enjoying Jason’s ‘antics’

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2019, 12:59 PM

He's a Forest legend of course, and a good manager, so I expect their fans are very happy. There will be a lot expected of him.

I wonder what Cummings' off field antics were about? I hope he isn't going to drift about and waste his career.

Spudster
15-01-2019, 01:04 PM
He picked more money. Extra £500 a week and free housing I was told.

SRHibs
15-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Wonder how much they’ve paying GMS? Would be nice if we could try and nick him off the Sheep.

MrSmith
15-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Y'know, I have no idea what is going on re signings?? No source nor evidence to support this but yet again we find ourselves half way through the transfer window and little is achieved. Will it be last minute deals at the end of the window? Will SA sign in time? Will we be ready for Elgin? Will we ever get a transfer window where transfer targets arrive early? Tune in and post more about Hibernian transfer soap erm saga.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2019, 01:15 PM

So did a couple of Hibs fans.

Big_Franck
15-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Y'know, I have no idea what is going on re signings?? No source nor evidence to support this but yet again we find ourselves half way through the transfer window and little is achieved. Will it be last minute deals at the end of the window? Will SA sign in time? Will we be ready for Elgin? Will we ever get a transfer window where transfer targets arrive early? Tune in and post more about Hibernian transfer soap erm saga.

We should know by now that the reason we don't do our business early is that we are waiting to get the best players at the end of the window. The likes of Mavrias and Nelom aren't always available at the start of transfer windows.

Waxy
15-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Come home Jason. Another Scottish cup maybe?

The_Horde
15-01-2019, 01:39 PM
So did a couple of Hibs fans.

I remember TC being the biggest champion of that opinion on here at the time.

Brightside
15-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Caldwell wont last much longer at Thistle.

JimboHibs
15-01-2019, 01:51 PM
You loaded the question knowing full well he couldn’t answer it for you. He says we seem to not want to compete because of past dealings and the absolute non existence of any mention of us in rumours for him. It’s a football forum. Folk are allowed to get excited and miserable over nothing.

I only repeated what he said ... that he doesnt have any idea,thats not even a rumour,its posting drivel in the hope someone will believe his drivel !!

Gaffer1875
15-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Wonder how much they’ve paying GMS? Would be nice if we could try and nick him off the Sheep.

I’d rather we didn’t. He only really plays well against us and is pretty inconsistent.

I’d imagine around £3-3500 per week at Aberdeen. Is he worth that? I heard he is a hibs fan? He could be interested in us...

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 02:24 PM
I’d rather we didn’t. He only really plays well against us and is pretty inconsistent.

I’d imagine around £3-3500 per week at Aberdeen. Is he worth that? I heard he is a hibs fan? He could be interested in us...

I also heard GMS had a trial under Calderwod but was dismissed as being too small

Might be wrong?

brog
15-01-2019, 02:24 PM
We should know by now that the reason we don't do our business early is that we are waiting to get the best players at the end of the window. The likes of Mavrias and Nelom aren't always available at the start of transfer windows.

Neither were Scott Allan, Deek & Sol Bamba!

Unseen work
15-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Reported as being interested in Craig Bryson again.

brog
15-01-2019, 02:29 PM

The only one of those where we definitely competed was for McGinn & he understandably chose to return to the club he had played for before. As for Stewart, as you say it was a loan. His wages would continue to be paid by Brum so if we did lose out ( which is uncertain ) money to the player was not a factor. Interestingly, none of these transfers really worked out for Aberdeen.

Gaffer1875
15-01-2019, 02:39 PM
I also heard GMS had a trial under Calderwod but was dismissed as being too small

Might be wrong?

Not sure, maybe that was in between his Airdrie and Dundee united days.