PDA

View Full Version : Hibs lotto - the end

malcolm
14-11-2018, 09:26 PM
As it says it’s being terminated and unused bets refunded.. did anyone ever win more than the odd free line and will the players budget cope with the shortfall :wink:

jacomo
14-11-2018, 09:34 PM
What with Marathon Bet losing interest too, it’s not a good time for Hibs gamblers.

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2018, 09:55 PM
if no one ever wins, word spreads around

Hibi
14-11-2018, 09:56 PM
As it says it’s being terminated and unused bets refunded.. did anyone ever win more than the odd free line and will the players budget cope with the shortfall :wink:

I recently just cancelled my payments with them, never won anything other than several half a free lines. Spend my money on Hibernian ale behind the goals instead.

LancashireHibby
14-11-2018, 10:03 PM
What with Marathon Bet losing interest too, it’s not a good time for Hibs gamblers.
Is that true? They seem to tweet about Hibs relatively frequently?

14-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Wasn't the money from that meant to go to some kind of player fund?
Got to be honest other than launch and a couple of stories on website there didn't seem to be any promotion of it.
Had they worked it a bit harder I'd have maybe have used it.
Instead the children's lottery got my few quid a week.

Jack
14-11-2018, 10:10 PM

From what I read into the email it is the company running the Hibs lotto that's 'lost interest' and is giving up. There will be a lot of clubs looking for an alternative.

I won a modest amount a few times. There was a period of about 6 months where wins meant I never topped up my account.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Wasn't the money from that meant to go to some kind of player fund?
Got to be honest other than launch and a couple of stories on website there didn't seem to be any promotion of it.
Had they worked it a bit harder I'd have maybe have used it.
Instead the children's lottery got my few quid a week.

They promoted it in twitter and the website esp around rollovers.
it was innovative at the time.

G B Young
15-11-2018, 09:21 AM
The only reason I stuck with it was because it appeared that some funding was channelled towards Hibs' transfer kitty.

I now plan to redirect my monthly contribution to HSL.

BILLYHIBS
15-11-2018, 09:24 AM
The only reason I stuck with it was because it appeared that some funding was channelled towards Hibs' transfer kitty.

I now plan to redirect my monthly contribution to HSL.
Well said that man! 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

surreyhibbie
15-11-2018, 09:43 AM

Really? I haven't seen anything about it ending...

just as well, it was pretty crap but as the money was going to the Managers fund I felt I had to keep it going.

never won much apart from a free half line and maybe a couple of quid now and then.

now, where is that link to HSL....

mutley
15-11-2018, 03:15 PM
I used it quite a bit when it first started (back in the Pat Fenlon Days) but I got bored of it very quickly as there never seemed to be anyone winning anything, and I believe it was linked to other systems, so as for the managers fund, I think it must have been pretty minimal anyway.

Jack
15-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Over £5m jackpot on Saturday folks!

Lay your bets :-)

banchoryhibs
15-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Just used the balance on my account - if I win superb, if not then so be it.

HSL is a much better way to support the manager in any case.. :agree:

Just Alf
15-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Just used the balance on my account - if I win superb, if not then so be it.

HSL is a much better way to support the manager in any case.. :agree:Just checked and my pot is empty :-(

As for the 2nd part, you're bang on.. 5% of the lotto as opposed to 100% of HSL! No brainer!

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
15-11-2018, 04:34 PM
It's the German lottery in all reality I believe.