PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yam accounts

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mibbes Aye
16-11-2018, 09:37 PM
No it didn’t suffer - and all due to STF. I’m yet to hear one of them give him credit (excuse the pun) for it.

Not his style to publicise it and he probably wouldn't be happy to read you sharing it (though I doubt he looks at .net), but you're right, it should be acknowledged by someone at least.

The 90+2
16-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Did you actually attend the one in 2012 or at least in the Green end anyway? I did in the Green end and why should I forget attending there and now knowing that their 'benefactor' who lavished them with multi millions of pounds to spend on their then team turned out to be a (alleged) criminal and that the money was bent?

Who are you to dictate to hibs supporters what to remember and what not to?

How aggressive does on wee lassie want to be? First I’m to be chucked out being a hearts fan now I might have been in the huns end? 😂😂 best non football day of my life was that day. I’m not up for arguing back that much though. Your a simpleton bullying pwick.

Tornadoes70
16-11-2018, 09:53 PM
How aggressive does on wee lassie want to be? First I’m to be chucked out being a hearts fan now I might have been in the huns end? 😂😂 best non football day of my life was that day. I’m not up for arguing back that much though. Your a simpleton bullying pwick.

Aye ok

majorhibs
16-11-2018, 10:11 PM
WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP. Get over it for fk sake!! How can you sit and be so bitter after the weekend we all had? You need to get yourself attached to reality pal.

Outta here! What a wee nonentity fool! When you’ve been through 70/80s listenin tae jumbos come back & debate, in the meantime beat it wi the wee patronisin knowitall caper till you’ve done a bit, squirt. Arguin back on twatback seems to appease your likes, gie it a try, sure ye’ll fit it like a burgundy glove!

Tornadoes70
16-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Outta here! What a wee nonentity fool! When you’ve been through 70/80s listenin tae jumbos come back & debate, in the meantime beat it wi the wee patronisin knowitall caper till you’ve done a bit, squirt. Arguin back on twatback seems to appease your likes, gie it a try, sure ye’ll fit it like a burgundy glove!

Well said Major.

:top marks

They think we're daft and soft centred.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

hibeerealist
16-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Did you actually attend the one in 2012 or at least in the Green end anyway? I did in the Green end and why should I forget attending there and now knowing that their 'benefactor' who lavished them with multi millions of pounds to spend on their then team turned out to be a (alleged) criminal and that the money was bent?

Who are you to dictate to hibs supporters what to remember and what not to?

Alledged!!!

Doubt very much he will be back in Blighty to answer any charges, bang to rights m’lud.

Ringothedog
16-11-2018, 10:53 PM
WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP. Get over it for fk sake!! How can you sit and be so bitter after the weekend we all had? You need to get yourself attached to reality pal.

I will be as bitter as I want, thank you very much. I hate their cheating, arrogance, smugness, cardigan wearing, robbing, poppy thieving with a vengeance. Is that okay?

Mantis Toboggan
16-11-2018, 10:58 PM
I will be as bitter as I want, thank you very much. I hate their cheating, arrogance, smugness, cardigan wearing, robbing, poppy thieving with a vengeance. Is that okay?

I would say it's mandatory

Tornadoes70
16-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Alledged!!!

Doubt very much he will be back in Blighty to answer any charges, bang to rights m’lud.

I would have thought so but for sake included.

:hibees

Mon the Cabbage!!!

FilipinoHibs
16-11-2018, 11:38 PM
Not his style to publicise it and he probably wouldn't be happy to read you sharing it (though I doubt he looks at .net), but you're right, it should be acknowledged by someone at least.

It is not that the money was bent. He borrowed from Ukio Bankas via UBIG and never paid them back. UB Depositors, Lithuanian tax payers and Hearts Creditors picked up the bill for theur extravagances.

Eyrie
17-11-2018, 09:22 AM

That's not bitter, that's just having a sense of decency.

Keith_M
17-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Won two Scottish Cups under Mad Vlad = good = Yep, that was us

Stole money from Lithuanian small savers and pensions funds to fund said wins = bad = Wisnae us your honour, a big boy did it and ran away.

Eerily similar to their Big(ot) Brothers through the West.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 10:48 AM

You where doing well until you started using poppy charities as point scoring to be honest.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Alledged!!!

What are you actually on about?

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 10:52 AM

Pardon me? You aren’t allowed to debate if you haven’t been through the 70/80s? No idea what the rest of the pish you are spouting on about after that though. I think some of it is telling me to beat it, no I don’t think so because the likes of you are telling me. What the **** is a burgundy glove?

Daydreamer
17-11-2018, 10:59 AM

Mate, the cockroaches have said and said umpteen times "never let them forget" . So never let them forget they Fu****g cheated. END OFF.

One Day Soon
17-11-2018, 11:03 AM
You where doing well until you started using poppy charities as point scoring to be honest.

You seem incredibly sensitive about this.

The Modfather
17-11-2018, 11:17 AM
This thread wouldn’t look out of place of kickback. Angry and bitter posters competing to show who hates Hearts the most.

I enjoy slagging them off as much as the next man, but outwith a derby can’t say I pay as much attention to Hearts as some appear to do.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 11:57 AM
You seem incredibly sensitive about this.

About using it as point scoring? Of course I am it’s extremely tasteless.

SRHibs
17-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I hate using that as point scoring. OK, they may have stolen a bit of charity money, but considering they single-handedly won WW1 I think we can probably call it quits!

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I hate using that as point scoring. OK, they may have stolen a bit of charity money, but considering they single-handedly won WW1 I think we can probably call it quits!

😁😁 fair point.

PatHead
17-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Really don’t know why you have a problem with that fact. It is not point scoring.

Only the lowest of the low steal from charities.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Really don’t know why you have a problem with that fact. It is not point scoring.

Only the lowest of the low steal from charities.

It’s most definitely point scoring.

They, as a football club took the services of a charity knowing fine well looking at when they went into admin that was never going to be paid for, absolutely disgusting behaviour, we know it and they know it. Keep it dignified though instead of rubbing it in their faces to point score - It just makes us look unclassy.

PatHead
17-11-2018, 01:19 PM
It’s most definitely point scoring.

They, as a football club took the services of a charity knowing fine well looking at when they went into admin that was never going to be paid for, absolutely disgusting behaviour, we know it and they know it. Keep it dignified though instead of rubbing it in their faces to point score - It just makes us look unclassy.

Could not care one jot about their feelings or what they think about us. Bottom line is that we would never steal from a charity either Earl Haig or their own charity who were also creditors.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Could not care one jot about their feelings or what they think about us. Bottom line is that we would never steal from a charity either Earl Haig or their own charity who were also creditors.

That’s because we are fortunate enough to be ran and owned by a magnificent businessman and human being. I can’t be certain but I’m pretty hopeful as normal human beings that if their support knew that this was outstanding prior to the creditor list it would have been paid off. I’m not a hearts fan, I genuinely can’t stand them and the majority of what they stand for but this isn’t a reason to point score for me. It’s extremely distasteful.

PatHead
17-11-2018, 01:38 PM
That’s because we are fortunate enough to be ran and owned by a magnificent businessman and human being. I can’t be certain but I’m pretty hopeful as normal human beings that if their support knew that this was outstanding prior to the creditor list it would have been paid off. I’m not a hearts fan, I genuinely can’t stand them and the majority of what they stand for but this isn’t a reason to point score for me. It’s extremely distasteful.
We will just need to disagree then. I don’t find it distasteful. Nothing wrong reminding someone how low their club had sunk, How low their moral compass was at that time.

Especially when they lord over us about that final.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2018, 02:54 PM
You seem incredibly sensitive about this.It's almost as if it should just be forgotten about.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 02:57 PM
We will just need to disagree then. I don’t find it distasteful. Nothing wrong reminding someone how low their club had sunk, How low their moral compass was at that time.

Especially when they lord over us about that final.

I don’t mingle with any of them to know about lording over the final and I take an instant dislike to any hearts fan I meet. That cup final matters nothing after how I felt when we won the cup. I kind of thought it would have eradicated any bitterness from 2012 because I couldn’t care about any loss now but I suppose if it’s thrown in your face like you said I understand.

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2018, 03:43 PM
I don’t mingle with any of them to know about lording over the final and I take an instant dislike to any hearts fan I meet. That cup final matters nothing after how I felt when we won the cup. I kind of thought it would have eradicated any bitterness from 2012 because I couldn’t care about any loss now but I suppose if it’s thrown in your face like you said I understand.

Have you tried therapy?

Seriously, you take an instant dislike to any Hearts fan you meet? I have a dislike of the Rangers, but had a civilised conversation with one of their fans today, discussed Lennon, the 'trouble' at Tynecastle, Scotland and the call offs. Not once did we come to blows about anything. You must be a sad person if you need to dislike fans of a rival club.

The 90+2
17-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Have you tried therapy?

Seriously, you take an instant dislike to any Hearts fan you meet? I have a dislike of the Rangers, but had a civilised conversation with one of their fans today, discussed Lennon, the 'trouble' at Tynecastle, Scotland and the call offs. Not once did we come to blows about anything. You must be a sad person if you need to dislike fans of a rival club.

I must be sad then but I can’t take to hearts fans.

I still wouldn’t use bumping charities to point score though.

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2018, 04:31 PM

Agreed that point scoring on the charity losing out because a business goes into administration is not clever.

Criswell
17-11-2018, 10:51 PM

I think stepping away from the keyboard for a period of time would be a benefit for everyone.

where'stheslope
18-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Agreed that point scoring on the charity losing out because a business goes into administration is not clever.
I'm maybe not going with the flow here, but, did I not read that the charities were paid the money owed by someone?
It seems to me that if they paid every amount they were owing, some on here would be totalling the interest they are also due!!!

PatHead
18-11-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm maybe not going with the flow here, but, did I not read that the charities were paid the money owed by someone?
It seems to me that if they paid every amount they were owing, some on here would be totalling the interest they are also due!!!

As far as I remember, Hearts own charity (Big Hearts?) said that the amount they were due could be offset by rent they were due to Hearts. Really!

The poppies debt was matched by a donation from a third party, some say STF others by embarrassed Hearts supporters.

Neither debt was settled by administrators.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2018, 12:24 PM
There's an awfy stench of sweet potato on this thread. :rolleyes:

broondog
18-11-2018, 08:59 PM
have said it before but this thread is pathetic and absolutly reeks.the number of "Hibs" fans sticking up for the Yams is really quite ridiculous i suspect many are undercoer Yams but some are our own fans who seems to have forgotten everything.i hate hearts, hate their smug fans and everything about theur club.anyone who thinks different really shouldn't bother coming to Easter Road.

they are **** and have been conducting dodgy dealings as long as i remember - they should be given no credit whatsoever for "saving" their club - they got lucky and ended up ripping off lots of people without a hint or remorse.

poolman
19-11-2018, 12:03 AM

Jeezo, that's a sad post

Some of my best mates are Yams and my local pub is the Diggers where we have some great banter

Sad you can take an instant dislike to some people, can't understand that

cocteautwin
19-11-2018, 04:49 AM
This thread has gone a bit off topic. Let’s look at the important numbers when analysing HMFC accounts:

TOTAL AMOUNTS SPENT SINCE ADMINISTRATION (OVER AND ABOVE THE NORMAL DAY TO DAY INCOME OF A FOOTBALL CLUB):

£ 6.9m = FoH payments detailed in Annual Accounts up to 30 June 2018
£ 2.6m = BIDCO loan contributed by Budge
£ 1.7m = Budge extra loan
£ 4.5m = Anonymous Donations
£ 3.3m = Donations in 2018 post financial year end (no further details disclosed from HMFC)
£ 1.3m = Save the Children sponsorship “project”
£20.3m = TOTAL EXTRANEOUS FUNDS SPENT

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

0 = number of trophies Hearts have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project
1 = number of trophies Hibs have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project

CropleyWasGod
19-11-2018, 08:47 AM
This thread has gone a bit off topic. Let’s look at the important numbers when analysing HMFC accounts:

TOTAL AMOUNTS SPENT SINCE ADMINISTRATION (OVER AND ABOVE THE NORMAL DAY TO DAY INCOME OF A FOOTBALL CLUB):

£ 6.9m = FoH payments detailed in Annual Accounts up to 30 June 2018
£ 2.6m = BIDCO loan contributed by Budge
£ 1.7m = Budge extra loan
£ 4.5m = Anonymous Donations
£ 3.3m = Donations in 2018 post financial year end (no further details disclosed from HMFC)
£ 1.3m = Save the Children sponsorship “project”
£20.3m = TOTAL EXTRANEOUS FUNDS SPENT

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

0 = number of trophies Hearts have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project
1 = number of trophies Hibs have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project

I'm not sure why you would include the sponsorship money in there as that, to me, is part of a football club's normal income.

However, for clarity,

KPI 2.... spent £18m on a stand and pitch.

One Day Soon
19-11-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm not sure why you would include the sponsorship money in there as that, to me, is part of a football club's normal income.

However, for clarity,

KPI 2 needs amending to: 'spent £18m on a stand and pitch - so far...'

cocteautwin
19-11-2018, 09:31 AM

However, for clarity,

It's a weird one I agree but it was money contributed by HMFC people rather than by external parties so I've included it in the spend. I don't understand why they didn't get external sponsorship AND the money taken in from the STC transaction. They could have had an extra £1.3m by now as I'm sure they wouldn't be short of potential sponsors.

greenginger
19-11-2018, 09:37 AM
It's a weird one I agree but it was money contributed by HMFC people rather than by external parties so I've included it in the spend. I don't understand why they didn't get external sponsorship AND the money taken in from the STC transaction. They could have had an extra £1.3m by now as I'm sure they wouldn't be short of potential sponsors.

The short answer is Tax manipulation.

Steve20
19-11-2018, 09:41 AM
The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.

cocteautwin
19-11-2018, 09:44 AM
The short answer is Tax manipulation.

I'm not sure. It's been discussed here before and no-one could come up with what the tax manipulation scheme might be.

greenginger
19-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure. It's been discussed here before and no-one could come up with what the tax manipulation scheme might be.

Is it not something like the Yam donors put their cash into the Save the Children charity and get a hefty tax break for those donations.

The donations are made on the " agreement " that the charity pays Hearts to put their name on the jerseys.

The funding is roughly 55% Yam donors / 45% Tax rebates.

CropleyWasGod
19-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Is it not something like the Yam donors put their cash into the Save the Children charity and get a hefty tax break for those donations.

The donations are made on the " agreement " that the charity pays Hearts to put their name on the jerseys.

The funding is roughly 55% Yam donors / 45% Tax rebates.

The donors don't get any tax relief for charitable contrubutions, unless they're Higher-rate taxpayers.

However, for every £1 that someone donates, STC can claim 25p from HMRC.

Is that what you were meaning?

Tornadoes70
19-11-2018, 10:04 AM
The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.

I cannot see any harm in calling the Yams the Yams. It rhymes with Bams and Jams and they are mostly a bunch of neanderthal lacking brain cell potato heads. And as you rightly say its not that big an insult which is surely a good thing as we don't want to become like the bigot sisters. I like it albeit don't always use it and can't see any reason to stop as its light hearted enough.

Bostonhibby
19-11-2018, 10:05 AM
The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.Been done to death on other threads in the past but there's quite a few who like it and have used it for a long time. I'm one of them and whilst I like and use others as well, until there's an official Hibs.net approved list I'm going to use what I like and ignore the ones I don't. It's easy.

green day
19-11-2018, 10:11 AM
If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

It's not difficult to understand.........

cocteautwin
19-11-2018, 10:20 AM
If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

This is the important thing for me. The disparity in cash thrown at project HMFC versus the cash thrown at project HFC is massive.

If they spend £20m+ and win nothing we get to laugh at them. If they spend £20m+ and win a trophy then we know part of the reason why.

Bostonhibby
19-11-2018, 10:21 AM

It's not difficult to understand.........Tend to agree with this as the accountants appear to have more strict responsibility for signing off accounts than before and they're clearly being done to a different standard from their pre administration eras.

Where the head scratching begins for me is how they are actually managing the cash. It's not really about how much they've got but what value they're getting with it. Up to them though. The business model ain't sound but each to their own.

WhileTheChief..
19-11-2018, 11:02 AM
have said it before but this thread is pathetic and absolutly reeks.the number of "Hibs" fans sticking up for the Yams is really quite ridiculous i suspect many are undercoer Yams but some are our own fans who seems to have forgotten everything.i hate hearts, hate their smug fans and everything about theur club.anyone who thinks different really shouldn't bother coming to Easter Road.

they are **** and have been conducting dodgy dealings as long as i remember - they should be given no credit whatsoever for "saving" their club - they got lucky and ended up ripping off lots of people without a hint or remorse.

So anyone that doesn’t hate Hearts as much as you shouldn’t bother going to ER?

Are you for real? They’re a rival football team, no more, no less.

Grow up FFS.

WhileTheChief..
19-11-2018, 11:07 AM

Careful now.

You’re no a proper Hibs fans obviously and should stay away from ER.

The accountants are all in on it and are part of the conspiracy. I thought everyone knew that by now!

greenginger
19-11-2018, 11:56 AM
The donors don't get any tax relief for charitable contrubutions, unless they're Higher-rate taxpayers.

However, for every £1 that someone donates, STC can claim 25p from HMRC.

Is that what you were meaning?

:aok: Yep something like that.

jacomo
19-11-2018, 12:27 PM

You don’t like it but others do. The written language is different to the spoken language, and online has its own set of rules.

It’s ok, it really is. If someone writes ‘yam’ and you understand the meaning then this communication medium is functioning as it should.

There are much more important things to worry about.

jacomo
19-11-2018, 12:29 PM

Accountants gave Carillion a clean bill of health months before it collapsed. Happens all the time.

CropleyWasGod
19-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Accountants gave Carillion a clean bill of health months before it collapsed. Happens all the time.See my comments earlier about Carillion and Hearts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm Spartacus
19-11-2018, 02:59 PM
It's not Anne Budge.

I'm guessing you have the same info that I do? An Energy Company with offices in Edinburgh.

greenginger
19-11-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm guessing you have the same info that I do? An Energy Company with offices in Edinburgh.

What's not Anne Budge ? lost track of this one. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
19-11-2018, 03:41 PM
What's not Anne Budge ? lost track of this one. :confused:

Me.

lapsedhibee
19-11-2018, 04:32 PM
It's not Anne Budge
Well it's certainly not Julie Andrews.

Gmack7
19-11-2018, 05:07 PM

Cairn?

Zondervan
19-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Cairn?

I hear (from Jambo mate in work) that it is 2 partners in Baillie Gifford.

Personal Fund Manager bonuses making their way to HMFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Spartacus
20-11-2018, 09:22 AM
What's not Anne Budge? lost track of this one. :confused:

Come on Ginge!!! You're all over them like a rash!!! You should be telling us this factual info ;)

The question is "Who is the mystery benefactor(s)?"

I'm told its come from within Cairn, somebody else says Baillie Gifford.

One Day Soon
20-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Been done to death on other threads in the past but there's quite a few who like it and have used it for a long time. I'm one of them and whilst I like and use others as well, until there's an official Hibs.net approved list I'm going to use what I like and ignore the ones I don't. It's easy.

I think it works particularly well as part of the term Yam Fud.

FilipinoHibs
20-11-2018, 11:40 AM
I hear (from Jambo mate in work) that it is 2 partners in Baillie Gifford.

Personal Fund Manager bonuses making their way to HMFC.

This is old one. The partners there have wrong social background and donations are way out of proportion to the bonuses for middle and lower ranking partners. The money keeps on coming year after year. This is Budge fire fighting tactic.

FilipinoHibs
20-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Accountants gave Carillion a clean bill of health months before it collapsed. Happens all the time.

There is nothing dodgy with the accounts. There is in the way Hearts are funding themselves. Not sustainable and living within their means. Budge or whoever the donors are not Russian or oil oligarchs

I'm Spartacus
20-11-2018, 01:01 PM
This is old one. The partners there have wrong social background and donations are way out of proportion to the bonuses for middle and lower ranking partners. The money keeps on coming year after year. This is Budge fire fighting tactic.

And what about Cairn?

They were making huge losses but then returned a profit of £185m, not sure it would pay any 6 figure dividend.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Got to be the snobby Roseberrys surely?

Zondervan
20-11-2018, 07:20 PM

Cheers. The other thing he said was that although they are senior partners they are not active attendees at Hearts games. However the family connection went back years hence then chucking money at them. Suppose we will never know!

I assume that the Save The Children deal is in conjunction with the mystery benefactors?

PatHead
20-11-2018, 07:47 PM
I asked someone fairly senior in Baillie Gifford if there was any truth in rumours. He doubted it but said he wouldn’t be surprised if there were a couple of partners in cohoots with a much larger consortium.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Its a serious amount of cash for someone to give expecting no return, especially if they aren't particuarly big fans.

Does seem a bit odd.

cocteautwin
21-11-2018, 01:35 AM
Its a serious amount of cash for someone to give expecting no return, especially if they aren't particuarly big fans.

Does seem a bit odd.

It's crazy amounts of money being thrown at the project. Around £20m since Admin. You can understand someone injecting cash to save the club they love but these amounts are huge. Budge isn't getting her £4.3m loans back anytime soon. Someone's put in £4.5m with no expected return and there's a further £3.3m thrown at it since the accounts were published.

superfurryhibby
21-11-2018, 09:05 AM
It's crazy amounts of money being thrown at the project. Around £20m since Admin. You can understand someone injecting cash to save the club they love but these amounts are huge. Budge isn't getting her £4.3m loans back anytime soon. Someone's put in £4.5m with no expected return and there's a further £3.3m thrown at it since the accounts were published.

Nearly £8m in anonymous donations. I assume the club must have to be able to account for where this money came from in terms of anti- money laundering? Not saying that is derived from dodgy dealings, more clarifying that they will need to have a trail of accountability in terms of the inland revenue and so will the donators?

It seems incredible that such benevolence exists and there is no return, not even an ego massage associated with it being known publicly.

If only our would be investors could do the same. There has been discussion from a member of this forum about wealthy Hibs fans being deterred from putting their money into the club by the current ownership. Although never made clear what the obstacles actually are, it frustrates me, particularly in light of their Jamboid counterparts doing so.

Diclonius
21-11-2018, 09:14 AM
This thread is still going?

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 09:56 AM

No, you've just imagined it.

Just as you've imagined your posting on it. :cb

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Nearly £8m in anonymous donations. I assume the club must have to be able to account for where this money came from in terms of anti- money laundering? Not saying that is derived from dodgy dealings, more clarifying that they will need to have a trail of accountability in terms of the inland revenue and so will the donators?

It seems incredible that such benevolence exists and there is no return, not even an ego massage associated with it being known publicly.

If only our would be investors could do the same. There has been discussion from a member of this forum about wealthy Hibs fans being deterred from putting their money into the club by the current ownership. Although never made clear what the obstacles actually are, it frustrates me, particularly in light of their Jamboid counterparts doing so.

It's actually £8.75m at last count.

On the money-laundering question, it doesn't take much to trigger a report to the National Crime Agency. The auditors have responsibilities to them, as well as the usual audit requirements.

I am more interested in whether there are conditions attached to the various gifts. We've already seen £1m ring-fenced to player costs, and £2m to the stand; the others are less clear.

jacomo
21-11-2018, 12:22 PM

The only potential Hibs investors who’ve put their heads above the parapet are much less wealthy than our current owner, and would be unable to offer the same level of security.

I am highly dubious of these benevolent Yam philanthropists but I suppose the truth will come out one day.

superfurryhibby
21-11-2018, 12:36 PM
The only potential Hibs investors who’ve put their heads above the parapet are much less wealthy than our current owner, and would be unable to offer the same level of security.

I am highly dubious of these benevolent Yam philanthropists but I suppose the truth will come out one day.

Sure, but they would be investing with no expectation of return anyway? I was probably picturing our rich fans giving via HSL.

I’m assuming these Jambos bearing gifts are have strings attached, so they’re doing it out of love of the club. It’s a heck of a lot of money and as you say, not likely to be within the scope of our publican/ small scale property developer types.

Other clubs, Aberdeen and Motherwell among them, have had very wealthy fans giving large sums. Aside from STF, do we not have any megabucks Hibees willing to donate amillion or two.

Speaking to my anti money laundering son, he tells me that regulation is limited in its scope and mostly focuses on financial institutions and their accountability. It may well be we never find out who or what is behind the Jambos gifts, although massive egos tend to want recognition.

MWHIBBIES
21-11-2018, 12:39 PM
This thread is still going?There are moderators and admins for a reason, best to let them worry about what threads can and can't be on the board. Don't like it don't open it.

greenginger
21-11-2018, 12:50 PM

On the money-laundering question, it doesn't take much to trigger a report to the National Crime Agency. The auditors have responsibilities to them, as well as the usual audit requirements.

I am more interested in whether there are conditions attached to the various gifts. We've already seen £1m ring-fenced to player costs, and £2m to the stand; the others are less clear.

If there are conditions attached to the " gifts " could the sums become taxable income ?

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Sure, but they would be investing with no expectation of return anyway? I was probably picturing our rich fans giving via HSL.

I’m assuming these Jambos bearing gifts are have strings attached, so they’re doing it out of love of the club. It’s a heck of a lot of money and as you say, not likely to be within the scope of our publican/ small scale property developer types.

Other clubs, Aberdeen and Motherwell among them, have had very wealthy fans giving large sums. Aside from STF, do we not have any megabucks Hibees willing to donate amillion or two.

Speaking to my anti money laundering son, he tells me that regulation is limited in its scope and mostly focuses on financial institutions and their accountability. It may well be we never find out who or what is behind the Jambos gifts, although massive egos tend to want recognition.

I can't agree with that.

All practising accountants, lawyers, banks have duties under the AML legislation, no matter the size of the businesses they come into contact with. They have responsibility in relation to their clients, but also anyone they come into contact with in a business situation.

If, in this case, the auditors suspect (that's "suspect", not have proof or evidence of) that there is ML, or profiting from crime, it has to be reported to the National Crime Agency. Not to do so risks 7 years in jail. Even telling their client, or suspected wrong-doer, that such a report is being made risks imprisonment of 2 years.

We won't know, therefore, if such reports have been made until and unless any criminal cases come to light.

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 12:55 PM
If there are conditions attached to the " gifts " could the sums become taxable income ?

Possibly.

The contribution towards the player costs will be, albeit it will be offset by the amount actually spent.

The contribution towards the stand will be, but only if and when the stadium is sold.

greenginger
21-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Possibly.

The contribution towards the player costs will be, albeit it will be offset by the amount actually spent.

The contribution towards the stand will be, but only if and when the stadium is sold.

Stadium or Club ?

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Stadium or Club ?

Stadium. It would be taxed under Capital Gains Tax rules.

lapsedhibee
21-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Stadium. It would be taxed under Capital Gains Tax rules.

So it wouldn't 'really' incur tax, as whatever it's being spent on will be rusting etc away to nothing. Any eventual CG would only be as a result of land values increasing, shirley?

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 05:07 PM
So it wouldn't 'really' incur tax, as whatever it's being spent on will be rusting etc away to nothing. Any eventual CG would only be as a result of land values increasing, shirley?The likelihood of any tax is minimal, as the sale of Tynie is.

But...if some developer, let's call em Bala Homes, successfully offered them £30m in 5 years for the land and buildings, then there probably would be a CG.

Disclaimer. That's assuming the cost of the new stand hasn't risen by another 10m by then. [emoji16]

O'Rourke3
21-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Disclaimer. That's assuming the cost of the new stand hasn't risen by another 10m by then. [emoji16]

Or completed..

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
21-11-2018, 08:13 PM

What if the person behind it is a high ranking politician with a network of high ranking friends/contacts... maybe even incriminating photos of people in high places.

:hmmm:

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2018, 08:38 PM
What if the person behind it is a high ranking politician with a network of high ranking friends/contacts... maybe even incriminating photos of people in high places.

:hmmm:The report still has to be made. It's up to the NCA what they do with Alexei The Fish. [emoji41]

cocteautwin
22-11-2018, 12:38 AM

It may seem petty to keep raising the issue, but one thing that bugs me on hibs.net is the occasional suggestion that HFC and HMFC are operating on a level playing field. A reminder of HMFC's pre-Admin cash frivolity of c£80m and post-Admin cash spend jamboree of c£20m highlights the yawning gap between the 2 clubs in terms of finances available and dispels the myth that we are somehow equal just because our current attendances are similar.

greenginger
22-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Heard a great conspiracy theory of where the £ 8.75 million anonymous donations originate.

Budge and Co. have come across some bank account with millions of Vlad's dodgy money or some stack of bearer bonds and they're feeding it into the HOMFC income by the anonymous donations route.

Bonkers, I know , but not any more bonkers than the spin that a few people have £ 8.75 million to give away and don't want anybody to know about it. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
22-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Heard a great conspiracy theory of where the £ 8.75 million anonymous donations originate.

Budge and Co. have come across some bank account with millions of Vlad's dodgy money or some stack of bearer bonds and they're feeding it into the HOMFC income by the anonymous donations route.

Bonkers, I know , but not any more bonkers than the spin that a few people have £ 8.75 million to give away and don't want anybody to know about it. :greengrin

Would it even need to be a bank account? What about the suitcases with the imaginary share issue money in, St James Centre shop takings, etc?

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 09:08 AM

Bonkers, I know , but not any more bonkers than the spin that a few people have £ 8.75 million to give away and don't want anybody to know about it. :greengrinTotal nuts, as you say.

Anything relating to Vlad would go to the Hearts administrator and thence the secured creditor.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2018, 09:12 AM

Bonkers, I know , but not any more bonkers than the spin that a few people have £ 8.75 million to give away and don't want anybody to know about it. :greengrinOutrageous, nay ludicrous scenario. Nearly as bad as spending £18m and rising on an already deteriorating unfinished single tier stand with abysmal facilities.

Not so much money laundering as money burning.

greenginger
22-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Total nuts, as you say.

Anything relating to Vlad would go to the Hearts administrator and thence the secured creditor.

Not if it was only recently discovered and you were not 100% honest :cb and desperate !

green day
22-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Jesus ****ing christ.......................

FilipinoHibs
22-11-2018, 10:28 AM

We all know Budge us behind it!

As the old saying goes you can make a small fortune out of a big fortune owning a football club.

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Not if it was only recently discovered and you were not 100% honest :cb and desperate !You saying that auditors are gullible????

(sent by someone who wouldn't have looked out of place in the Enron and Carillion audit teams [emoji57])

Jack
22-11-2018, 10:33 AM

That's on a parallel with a Nigerian Prince giving them his bank account details and saying help yourself!

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 10:36 AM
That's on a parallel with a Nigerian Prince giving them his bank account details and saying help yourself!Swahili, Shirley?

Jambo, my friends.

Jack
22-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Swahili, Shirley?

Jambo, my friends.

If it helps ...

Hiyo ni sambamba na Prince wa Nigeria akiwapa maelezo yake ya akaunti ya benki na kusema kujisaidia!

... Na usiipige Shirley

The_Horde
22-11-2018, 11:00 AM
I thought they were taken at Ladbrokes or is that a different ACCA? 🤔

Craig Levein will know..

Moulin Yarns
22-11-2018, 11:52 AM
We all know Budge us behind it!

As the old saying goes you can make a small fortune out of a big fortune owning a football club.

Budge is the mastermind behind Initiative Q :wink:

ShetlandHibby
22-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Sometimes I think you’re a really valuable member of this forum. Other times I think you’re an undercover yam

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Sometimes I think you’re a really valuable member of this forum. Other times I think you’re an undercover yamGG has deeper Hibby credentials than many of us.

I'm Spartacus
22-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Oh my god. Honestly, you get worse!!!!!

a) The donations don't total £8.75M
b) Nobody could access ANY bank accounts within the new regime that were controlled by the old
c) You are either off your rocker or one of 'THEM' on the ultimate troll

What will it take on this forum for people to realise you post the most made up ***** on earth? Honestly, trolling to the highest degree.

YOU. ARE. OBSESSED.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2018, 02:43 PM

b) Nobody could access ANY bank accounts within the new regime that were controlled by the old

What will it take on this forum for people to realise you post the most made up ***** on earth? Honestly, trolling to the highest degree.

YOU. ARE. OBSESSED.Do you think you've maybe failed to detect the circumspection in GG'S post?

ShetlandHibby
22-11-2018, 02:47 PM

YOU. ARE. OBSESSED.

I agree with you. I’ve been reading this forum for years and have only recently signed up and this guy comes away with some utter horse *****.

greenginger
22-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Do you think you've maybe failed to detect the circumspection in GG'S post?

:aok: got it in one.

Is Mrs budge finding some of Vlad's loot any less believable than a couple of Hearts supporters handing over £ 8 million as long as nobody knows who they are.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Is Mrs budge finding some of Vlad's loot any less believable than a couple of Hearts supporters handing over £ 8 million as long as nobody knows who they are.More chance of some hearts trolls hijacking a perfectly good attempt at humour? Dunno.

Saturday Boy
22-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Do you think you've maybe failed to detect the circumspection in GG'S post?

Congratulations on the most elegant way of saying “whoosh” I’ve ever seen 😄

Bostonhibby
22-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Congratulations on the most elegant way of saying “whoosh” I’ve ever seen [emoji1]Couldn't spell whooooooosh[emoji5]

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 03:15 PM

YOU. ARE. OBSESSED.

They do, actually.

And, I think you need to read GG's post again. :greengrin

AngloHibs
22-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Is Mrs budge finding some of Vlad's loot any less believable than a couple of Hearts supporters handing over £ 8 million as long as nobody knows who they are.

About as believable as the project manager of a high profile construction project telling a random in the street how much the project would be delayed by.

Although I was accused of being a Yam for calling out that particular fantasy. No wonder I don't bother posting much.

Tornadoes70
22-11-2018, 03:38 PM
I like to browse yamback when they've been beaten and have seen that greenginger comes in for some stick which must mean he's hitting nail on head. Apparently a couple of them on here trying to smear and silence him :greengrin

Keep up the sterling work greenginger your'e obviously getting underneath their skin so to speak.

:greengrin

tynehibs
22-11-2018, 03:45 PM
I like to browse yamback when they've been beaten and have seen that greenginger comes in for some stick which must mean he's hitting nail on head. Apparently a couple of them on here trying to smear and silence him :greengrin

Keep up the sterling work greenginger your'e obviously getting underneath their skin so to speak.

:greengrinexactly

Here’s Lucy!
22-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Bonkers indeed!!

I've tried to stay away from certain threads as I am relatively new on here (I have read the forum for many years however) and have just been having a wee bit banter so far, but felt I just had to respond to this post.

There is no way on Gods good earth that the current regime at Tynecastle could, in any way, access the bank account you refer to. Conspiracy theory or not, this is simply ludicrous.

What a load of rubbish!

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 04:29 PM
I agree with you. I’ve been reading this forum for years and have only recently signed up and this guy comes away with some utter horse *****.

So take us through why you think the figure of £8.75m isn't correct. :cb

Tornadoes70
22-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Bonkers indeed!!

I've tried to stay away from certain threads as I am relatively new on here (I have read the forum for many years however) and have just been having a wee bit banter so far, but felt I just had to respond to this post.

There is no way on Gods good earth that the current regime at Tynecastle could, in any way, access the bank account you refer to. Conspiracy theory or not, this is simply ludicrous.

What a load of rubbish!

Why would you try to stay away from certain threads? Are you shy or have something on your mind you feel may be overly controversial?

Keith_M
22-11-2018, 07:54 PM
The report still has to be made. It's up to the NCA what they do with Alexei The Fish. [emoji41]

I heard he has incriminating photos of you as well.

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 07:56 PM
I heard he has incriminating photos of you as well.

:greengrinHa... if there are any, I'd be posting them on lampposts all round the town. No such thing as bad publicity and all that....

Keith_M
22-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Ha... if there are any, I'd be posting them on lampposts all round the town. No such thing as bad publicity and all that....

Photos of you with a Hooker in a Hearts Strip?

CentreLine
22-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Photos of you with a Hooker in a Hearts Strip?

Or maybe he was the hooker in a hearts strip 🤢

Keith_M
22-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Or maybe he was the hooker in a hearts strip 🤢

Even better!

No wonder he obsesses so much about Hearts

Tornadoes70
22-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Even better!

Ahem wasn't it you who first mentioned hearts something about a hooker in a hearts strip?

:cb

CentreLine
22-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Even better!

👍🏻

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Or maybe he was the hooker in a hearts strip [emoji1785]That would cost you double

CentreLine
22-11-2018, 09:42 PM
That would cost you double

😰
Thank god the footie’s back on Saturday. These threads go to some very strange places during international breaks.

superfurryhibby
22-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Why would you try to stay away from certain threads? Are you shy or have something on your mind you feel may be overly controversial?

I noticed that comment and wondered too. Mon Mack, spill....

cocteautwin
23-11-2018, 01:53 AM
��
Thank god the footie’s back on Saturday. These threads go to some very strange places during international breaks.

It’s a bit of fun to speculate on the origins of the financing of HMFC especially when the owners are not prepared to reveal the sources of their financing. The amounts currently being thrown at their club are huge in the context of Scottish football and without any transparency, tends to throw a blanket of murkiness over the whole thing.

It’s difficult to know where the financing is coming from when so much of the cash is being labelled as Anonymous but looking at last years slightly misleading statement from Budge that the club had secured loan funding of £2m which turned out to be a £1.7m loan from Budge herself, it would lead one to believe that the cash splash is being financed somehow by parties with a Budge connection, although not “Connected” in the accounting sense of the word.

matty_f
23-11-2018, 06:32 AM
I'm struggling to get my head around how some people didn't understand that GG was ridiculing the idea that there's a secret bank account.

I can see this bothering me for quite a while today.

bigwheel
23-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Bonkers indeed!!

What a load of rubbish!

This 100% ! not possible..or remotely plausible

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 07:02 AM
It’s a bit of fun to speculate on the origins of the financing of HMFC especially when the owners are not prepared to reveal the sources of their financing. The amounts currently being thrown at their club are huge in the context of Scottish football and without any transparency, tends to throw a blanket of murkiness over the whole thing.

It’s difficult to know where the financing is coming from when so much of the cash is being labelled as Anonymous but looking at last years slightly misleading statement from Budge that the club had secured loan funding of £2m which turned out to be a £1.7m loan from Budge herself, it would lead one to believe that the cash splash is being financed somehow by parties with a Budge connection, although not “Connected” in the accounting sense of the word.This has been asked before.

In last year's accounts, a facility had been arranged at the date the accounts were signed. Nothing had been drawn. Therefore there was no need, or requirement, to show the source.

One Day Soon
23-11-2018, 07:39 AM
GG has deeper Hibby credentials than many of us.

How very X-Files. Keep digging, you're closer than you think.

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 07:39 AM
This 100% ! not possible..or remotely plausible

A ludicrous amount of hyperbole emanating from some over what was very obviously a tongue in cheek jocular conspiracy theory.

:doh:

cocteautwin
23-11-2018, 08:06 AM
This has been asked before.

In last year's accounts, a facility had been arranged at the date the accounts were signed. Nothing had been drawn. Therefore there was no need, or requirement, to show the source.

The wording in the accounts and public statements at the time referred to loan facilities being secured, which would lead one to believe that the funds were coming from external sources rather than from the main shareholder herself. It's arguably misleading, but not dishonest.

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 08:08 AM
The wording in the accounts and public statements at the time referred to loan facilities being secured, which would lead one to believe that the funds were coming from external sources rather than from the main shareholder herself. It's arguably misleading, but not dishonest.

It didn't lead me to that conclusion.

I'm struggling to understand why she would deliberately mislead.

TrinityHibs
23-11-2018, 08:23 AM
While I think everyone is in agreement that the good Dr does not have access to any of Vlad's forgotten off shore accounts I don't understand how everyone is so sure that no cash or bearer bonds were found in the old safe uncovered during the demolition of the old stand. You will have seen in The Sun today somebody just found £5.8M in cash in an old safe so who is to say what was in the Gorgie biscuit tin. I am sure that the deluded gifted Vlad a considerable sum for shares and nobody knows where the cash went (or the shares for that matter)

cocteautwin
23-11-2018, 08:25 AM
It didn't lead me to that conclusion.

I'm curious, just checking back, per the accounts:

"Additional loan facilities secured by the club of £1,750,000 . . ."

I know there's no legal requirement to disclose the source but the wording of it doesn't for one minute suggest that the source of the funds was or might be herself, so by implication it does make people think that it was an external source such as a bank. I'd think it a pretty important point, especially when it comes to football clubs, that if the going concern basis to be adopted for the accounts is reliant on funding from the owner then this should probably be disclosed.

Not sure why she would want to hide the fact that it was her giving the loan apart from possibly the fact that she's totally embarrassed at the mounting cost of her involvement with the club.

I wonder who the extra £3.3m donations secured after this year end are coming from? £1.3m from FoH and a round £2.0m from the owner again would be my guess.

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 08:39 AM
I'm curious, just checking back, per the accounts:

"Additional loan facilities secured by the club of £1,750,000 . . ."

I know there's no legal requirement to disclose the source but the wording of it doesn't for one minute suggest that the source of the funds was or might be herself, so by implication it does make people think that it was an external source such as a bank. I'd think it a pretty important point, especially when it comes to football clubs, that if the going concern basis to be adopted for the accounts is reliant on funding from the owner then this should probably be disclosed.

Not sure why she would want to hide the fact that it was her giving the loan apart from possibly the fact that she's totally embarrassed at the mounting cost of her involvement with the club.

I wonder who the extra £3.3m donations secured after this year end are coming from? £1.3m from FoH and a round £2.0m from the owner again would be my guess.

That's not included in the £3.25m, which has actually already been received. They have assumed that FOH contributions will remain at their previous level.

lapsedhibee
23-11-2018, 08:57 AM

It's what she does.

superfurryhibby
23-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Just for clarities sake.

How much do Hearts owe in total to Budge and/ or other lenders?

Keith_M
23-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Ahem wasn't it you who first mentioned hearts something about a hooker in a hearts strip?

:cb

Oops!

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Just for clarities sake.

How much do Hearts owe in total to Budge and/ or other lenders?

We only know the figures at the end of June.

£2.2m to Bidco (the 6.5% loan, secured over Tynie)

£170k to Bidco, interest-free, "short-term".

£1.7m to Budge (at market rates), repayable within 2 years

cocteautwin
23-11-2018, 09:12 AM
That's not included in the £3.25m, which has actually already been received. They have assumed that FOH contributions will remain at their previous level.

Really? So an extra £3.25m of anonymous (at this moment in time) donations on top of the expected c£1.5m from FoH next year? Those numbers are getting crazy high.

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Really? So an extra £3.25m of anonymous (at this moment in time) donations on top of the expected c£1.5m from FoH next year? Those numbers are getting crazy high.

£8.75m thus far. If you read back over the past few days, that's rubbish, according to some.:greengrin

However, £2.5m in 16/17 for the stand, £2m in 17/18 for the stand and £1m for players, £3.25m this season (reasons as yet unclear).

I'm Spartacus
23-11-2018, 01:25 PM
The fanciful stuff posted by GG from day 1 and now we've to sift through and determine what's tongue in cheek!! Hahaha come on!!

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 01:26 PM
The fanciful stuff posted by GG from day 1 and now we've to sift through and determine what's tongue in cheek!! Hahaha come on!!

What was wrong with what he posted?

Kato
23-11-2018, 01:29 PM
The fanciful stuff posted by GG from day 1

Maybe you coudl just sift out "the fanciful stuff".

and now we've to sift through and determine what's tongue in cheek!! Hahaha come on!!

No sense of humour some people.

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 01:42 PM
The fanciful stuff posted by GG from day 1and now we've to sift through and determine what's tongue in cheek!! Hahaha come on!!

Wrong again.

Don't include me or as I suspect the vast majority on here. Most of us got it very quickly indeed that it was a kidology jocular theory whereas most of gg's postings with his own take on the yams are of verity and of a serious nature, gg certainly seems to hit a nerve or two with some, keep up the good work gg!

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Wrong again.

Don't include me or as I suspect the vast majority on here. Most of us got it very quickly indeed that it was a kidology jocular theory whereas most of gg's postings with his own take on the yams are of verity and of a serious nature, gg certainly seems to hit a nerve or two with some, keep up the good work gg!

For the hard of understanding, he even started his post with the words "Heard a great conspiracy theory ...."

In other words, it wasnt even his theory...... :rolleyes:

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 01:49 PM
For the hard of understanding, he even started his post with the words "Heard a great conspiracy theory ...."

In other words, it wasnt even his theory...... :rolleyes:

:top marks

Here’s Lucy!
23-11-2018, 05:08 PM

Because I chose to.

No, not shy.

Nothing controversial on my mind.

:aok:

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 05:09 PM
£8.75m thus far. If you read back over the past few days, that's rubbish, according to some.:greengrin

However, £2.5m in 16/17 for the stand, £2m in 17/18 for the stand and £1m for players, £3.25m this season (reasons as yet unclear).

It’s getting to the stage that it’s just down right odd that somehow there is anonymous donors prepared to tip the best part of £10m into any project / company for zero return.

There simply has to be more to the story than generous gifts from camera shy benefactors.

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 05:10 PM
We only know the figures at the end of June.

£2.2m to Bidco (the 6.5% loan, secured over Tynie)

£170k to Bidco, interest-free, "short-term".

£1.7m to Budge (at market rates), repayable within 2 years

That £2.2m loan interest holiday over yet?

So Hearts now £5m in debt despite £8.75m from the ether AND the FOH money?

WhileTheChief..
23-11-2018, 05:22 PM
It’s getting to the stage that it’s just down right odd that somehow there is anonymous donors prepared to tip the best part of £10m into any project / company for zero return.

There simply has to be more to the story than generous gifts from camera shy benefactors.

Didn’t STF effectively do the same with us when we redeveloped ER?

In fact, we’re still paying him back now and I’m pretty sure he’s not making anything out of it?

The only difference is that his name is out in public.

A lot of fuss being made over this for nothing. Basically folk grasping at straws and hoping that Hearts are being dodgy again.

brianmc
23-11-2018, 05:23 PM

So Hearts now £5m in debt despite £8.75m from the ether AND the FOH money?

It's okay. They owe it to themselves 🤔

danhibees1875
23-11-2018, 05:30 PM

In fact, we’re still paying him back now and I’m pretty sure he’s not making anything out of it?

A lot of fuss being made over this for nothing. Basically folk grasping at straws and hoping that Hearts are being dodgy again.

There's a reasonable chance that he took a hit himself when he transferred the mortgage into an interest free payment to himself without making it public how much he did (assuming he did).

Just Alf
23-11-2018, 05:34 PM

A lot of fuss being made over this for nothing. Basically folk grasping at straws and hoping that Hearts are being dodgy again.Nail on head... I do think it's funny that the ones getting hooked by something so obvious must be a bit suspect, especially as it always seems to be on Yam related threads where it happens with the same posters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 05:39 PM
Because I chose to.

No, not shy.

Nothing controversial on my mind.

Very civil reply indeed.

brog
23-11-2018, 06:50 PM
About as believable as the project manager of a high profile construction project telling a random in the street how much the project would be delayed by.

Although I was accused of being a Yam for calling out that particular fantasy. No wonder I don't bother posting much.

Almost as believable as the website for the Project Management company still showing that the Project is scheduled for completion in December 2017!! FWIW I've known GG for far too many years & neither his Hibs, nor his knowledge of construction management, credentials are in any doubt

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 06:57 PM

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 06:58 PM

So Hearts now £5m in debt despite £8.75m from the ether AND the FOH money?Yeah it's over .

But get a new abacus [emoji38]

AngloHibs
23-11-2018, 07:06 PM

Maybe Sir Tom is the Hearts benefactor? That would explain the anonymity, because it wouldn't go down well on this side of town.
Just a tongue-in-cheek conspiracy theory, of course.

AngloHibs
23-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Almost as believable as the website for the Project Management company still showing that the Project is scheduled for completion in December 2017!! FWIW I've known GG for far too many years & neither his Hibs, nor his knowledge of construction management, credentials are in any doubt

I neither know about, nor care about, the experience in the construction industry of am anonymous stranger.

My issue was that GG stated directly that the project manager had personally given him information that wasn't already in the public domain. Information that was quite sensitive, and potentially damaging at the time.

This simply would not happen with someone who was just passing by on the street. I called this out, and I was accused of being a Yam for my trouble.

To be fair, GG wasn't far off with what he said. He may have guessed, or he may have used his knowledge to work it out. But the only way he could have heard it from the project manager was by being involved in the project himself, not by being a random member of the public.

Smartie
23-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Maybe Sir Tom is the Hearts benefactor? That would explain the anonymity, because it wouldn't go down well on this side of town.

I've heard that one before.

A guy in a gorilla suit told me.

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 07:37 PM

Are you trying to be annoying and irritating or does it come naturally?

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Yeah it's over .

But get a new abacus [emoji38]

Ach what have I got wrong this time? [emoji23]

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Not sure STF was ever a mystery benefactor. It was and is well known that he supported Hibs financially and did so over a long period of time.

So I get Budge putting up some of her cash, must be very difficult not to once you have some skin on the game and it’s your name that’s up in lights.

What I’m not getting is the £m’s more that have almost miraculously appeared and the fact that there appears no end in sight to the flow of anonymous millions.

No straw grasping nor assuming anything dodgy, just simple curiosity as finding people that are simply happy to hand over £m after £m for very little or no return is not overly common.

And there is of course the slight irritation that yet again our Maroonic neighbours seem to be able to move from one period of overspending straight into another one.

Smartie
23-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Not sure STF was ever a mystery benefactor. It was and is well known that he supported Hibs financially and did so over a long period of time.

So I get Budge putting up some of her cash, must be very difficult not to once you have some skin on the game and it’s your name that’s up in lights.

What I’m not getting is the £m’s more that have almost miraculously appeared and the fact that there appears no end in sight to the flow of anonymous millions.

No straw grasping nor assuming anything dodgy, just simple curiosity as finding people that are simply happy to hand over £m after £m for very little or no return is not overly common.

And there is of course the slight irritation that yet again our Maroonic neighbours seem to be able to move from one period of overspending straight into another one.

Pretty much exactly how I see it.

And let's be honest, it hasn't exactly worked out badly for them in the past.

AngloHibs
23-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Are you trying to be annoying and irritating or does it come naturally?

So are only certain posters allowed to post non-serious conspiracy theories?

Thanks for putting me in my place.

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Pretty much exactly how I see it.

And let's be honest, it hasn't exactly worked out badly for them in the past.

Well exactly, which makes it all the more irritating [emoji12]

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 08:00 PM
So are only certain posters allowed to post non-serious conspiracy theories?

Thanks for putting me in my place.

Maybe if it was humorous and aimed at the yams like greenginger's friends one was instead of appearing snide and trolling against greenginger.

WhileTheChief..
23-11-2018, 08:09 PM

My point is simply that STF has put millions into the club with practically zero prospect of getting anything out of it.

Likewise the Thompson family at Dundee Utd recently, or pretty much anyone who has bought and owned a club with their own money.

They put plenty in and get sod all back usually. Why? Probably an emotional tie or love of the game I’d have thought.

If it’s to make money then they’re off their head and deserve to lose it all!

How is that any different to people putting a few million into Hearts?

AngloHibs
23-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Maybe if it was humorous and aimed at the yams like greenginger's friends one was instead of appearing snide and trolling against greenginger.

Why am I trolling?

I'm a random Englishman who just happens to like Hibs, mainly because green was my favourite colour as a kid and Plymouth weren't very good. Why would I care about deliberately trolling Scotsmen who I'll never knowingly meet?

I'll say it again, the project manager on Hearts' new stand did not blab info to members of the public hanging around outside. It just wouldn't happen.

I'm not doubting GG's information, or his credentials. I'm just stating that I don't believe the above scenario, as GG previously described, would take place. If anyone thinks that this makes me a troll, or a Yam, then carry on.

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 08:16 PM
My point is simply that STF has put millions into the club with practically zero prospect of getting anything out of it.

Likewise the Thompson family at Dundee Utd recently, or pretty much anyone who has bought and owned a club with their own money.

They put plenty in and get sod all back usually. Why? Probably an emotional tie or love of the game I’d have thought.

Because the mystery benefactors don’t own the club nor do they appear connected to the club in any official capacity.

Honestly I find it quite odd that you don’t find it odd that Hearts have suddenly found a mystery source of free millions (excluding the cash from their glorious leader) but hey ho each to their own I suppose [emoji106][emoji2532]

PaulSmith
23-11-2018, 08:19 PM

“Zero prospect of STF getting his millions back” - I’ve supported Hibs all my life and all I’ve known for that time is for the club to be paying back loans to his holding companies.

In case it’s bypassed you we are paying back a minimum of £500k pa.

Lets be thankful for his intervention and financial support but this isn’t some Jack Walker labour of love.

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Why am I trolling?

I'm a random Englishman who just happens to like Hibs, mainly because green was my favourite colour as a kid and Plymouth weren't very good. Why would I care about deliberately trolling Scotsmen who I'll never knowingly meet?

I'll say it again, the project manager on Hearts' new stand did not blab info to members of the public hanging around outside. It just wouldn't happen.

I'm not doubting GG's information, or his credentials. I'm just stating that I don't believe the above scenario, as GG previously described, would take place. If anyone thinks that this makes me a troll, or a Yam, then carry on.

I can only speak for myself and I definitely think you're a troll and snide with it until proven otherwise.

Ryan69
23-11-2018, 08:26 PM

We are paying him back though...

We have a better deal than a loan however

Iggy Pope
23-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Why am I trolling?

Get some self esteem man.

WhileTheChief..
23-11-2018, 08:30 PM
“Zero prospect of STF getting his millions back” - I’ve supported Hibs all my life and all I’ve known for that time is for the club to be paying back loans to his holding companies.

Lets be thankful for his intervention and financial support but this isn’t some Jack Walker labour of love.

Keep up! I’ve already said we are paying him back. In case it passed you by it costs us less than what we would have had to pay the bank if it wasn’t for him.

I’d hazard a guess and say that up until the day he sells the club he will be running at a loss. He might walk away having made a tidy wee sum but I doubt it.

I think a labour of love is actually a good way of describing his involvement with us!

AngloHibs
23-11-2018, 08:48 PM
I can only speak for myself and I definitely think you're a troll and snide with it until proven otherwise.

Sorry, I genuinely don't mean to offend. I'm not sure why you think I'm snide, though, as I'm just saying things as I see them.

Perhaps I shouldn't have come on here today, as forums aren't really my thing. I'm just bored cos the wife and daughter are away without me because I couldn't get out of work.

RyeSloan
23-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Keep up! I’ve already said we are paying him back. In case it passed you by it costs us less than what we would have had to pay the bank if it wasn’t for him.

I’d hazard a guess and say that up until the day he sells the club he will be running at a loss. He might walk away having made a tidy wee sum but I doubt it.

I think a labour of love is actually a good way of describing his involvement with us!

All true but he’s not exactly been pumping in anonymous million after million the last couple of years though has he?

Which is of course a perfectly normal and reasonable position for him to take.

It kinda proves the point though that the supply of people willing to do so is normally rather limited. One club however seems to have found quite a healthy supply...

Tornadoes70
23-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Sorry, I genuinely don't mean to offend. I'm not sure why you think I'm snide, though, as I'm just saying things as I see them.

Perhaps I shouldn't have come on here today, as forums aren't really my thing. I'm just bored cos the wife and daughter are away without me because I couldn't get out of work.

Why don't you get involved in less contentious threads in the meantime and let folk build a picture of you and relax a bit. You might begin to enjoy yourself.

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Ach what have I got wrong this time? [emoji23]You dropped a ball. It's "only" £4m.

Big club, big debt.

DarlingtonHibee
23-11-2018, 11:32 PM

Yes and without him we could have been loads more plus interest, get a grip.

FilipinoHibs
23-11-2018, 11:56 PM

He essentially wrote off half our debt. He paid the bank back with a loan to Hibs. Turned half of loan into shares and the other half an interest free mortgage. Pretty generous.

RyeSloan
24-11-2018, 01:08 AM
You dropped a ball. It's "only" £4m.

Big club, big debt.

Ha! What does a million or so matter, they’ll just get the anonymous donor rolodex out [emoji123][emoji23]

The Green Goblin
24-11-2018, 02:45 AM

YOU. ARE. OBSESSED.

Why are you so upset about that post? Genuine question. I don’t see why that would trigger someone into the response you gave.

Mantis Toboggan
24-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Get some self esteem man.

Post of the year?

The 90+2
24-11-2018, 08:44 AM

Don’t stop posting on a forum because some random punter is intimidating you.

The 90+2
24-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Why don't you get involved in less contentious threads in the meantime and let folk build a picture of you and relax a bit. You might begin to enjoy yourself.

Why don’t you stop accusing people of being this and that then telling where and where not to post? Who made you in charge? Did I miss the memo?

Lemonade
24-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Plenty folk upset on this thread .
I wonder why ?

Dancehibs
24-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Yes and without him we could have been loads more plus interest, get a grip.
It’s his 100 rod Petries that racked up £18m debt through mis management

Dancehibs
24-11-2018, 10:07 AM
He essentially wrote off half our debt. He paid the bank back with a loan to Hibs. Turned half of loan into shares and the other half an interest free mortgage. Pretty generous.
How much did he pay the bank to clear his own debt? Yeah que the experts telling me different legal entities etc blah blah

Ryan69
24-11-2018, 10:08 AM
To many people think they are the police.

Its just stupid.

surreyhibbie
24-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Plenty folk upset on this thread .
I wonder why ?

Strong smell of yam. :wink:

Keith_M
24-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Some people on this thread just need to keep their legs crossed and stop flashing their, ahem, personal views.

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Some people on this thread just need to keep their legs crossed and stop flashing their, ahem, personal views.You're going down that road again[emoji38]

Moulin Yarns
24-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Some people on this thread just need to keep their legs crossed and stop flashing their, ahem, personal views.

Bollocks.

Keith_M
24-11-2018, 11:26 AM
You're going down that road again[emoji38]

Ahv got the foties, so shut it you!

😑

CropleyWasGod
24-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Ahv got the foties, so shut it you!

[emoji58]So's half the town, love. [emoji1787]

Here’s Lucy!
24-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Very civil reply indeed.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Don't see any need for not being civil. Appreciate your response, Tornadoes. :agree:

Hibs4185
02-12-2018, 11:20 AM
I have been told by a very good source that the mysterious donor is JK Rowling’s husband. It certainly fits with having the spare cash to fritter away, whilst shying away from the publicity. He seemingly doesn’t go to games often but has always supported them.

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I have been told by a very good source that the mysterious donor is JK Rowling’s husband. It certainly fits with having the spare cash to fritter away, whilst shying away from the publicity. He seemingly doesn’t go to games often but has always supported them.According to AB, there is more than one.

I'll tan his windows on my way home tonight. [emoji849]

lapsedhibee
02-12-2018, 12:28 PM
I have been told by a very good source that the mysterious donor is JK Rowling’s husband. It certainly fits with having the spare cash to fritter away, whilst shying away from the publicity. He seemingly doesn’t go to games often but has always supported them.

This confuses me. Does it mean we should boycott (the real) Harry Potter books, or write placards protesting against the parsimony of Irvine Welsh, or his partner, or all or none of these things? :confused:

Liberal Hibby
02-12-2018, 06:40 PM
This confuses me. Does it mean we should boycott (the real) Harry Potter books, or write placards protesting against the parsimony of Irvine Welsh, or his partner, or all or none of these things? :confused:

I've had it on good authority that Alexander McCall smith once bought a steak beak in Greggs on Easter Road. We should ask him for an anonymous donation as he's clearly one of us.

Peevemor
03-12-2018, 01:05 AM
I've had it on good authority that Alexander McCall smith once bought a steak beak in Greggs on Easter Road. We should ask him for an anonymous donation as he's clearly one of us.That'd be the most interesting thing he's ever done!

FilipinoHibs
03-12-2018, 10:33 AM
According to AB, there is more than one.

So JK's husband is a doctor but won't have 5 mill to throw away. I can't see JK giving him that money to waste on Hearts. Better and more worthy causes. Let's put this one to rest.

G B Young
03-12-2018, 10:42 AM
So JK's husband is a doctor but won't have 5 mill to throw away. I can't see JK giving him that money to waste on Hearts. Better and more worthy causes. Let's put this one to rest.

I agree. Pretty sure the guy is from Aberdeenshire so unlikely to even be a Hearts fan.

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2018, 10:44 AM
I agree. Pretty sure the guy is from Aberdeenshire so unlikely to even be a Hearts fan.

Why not? I'm a Hibs supporter and live in perthshire.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2018, 10:48 AM

Why should that stop me tanning his windows? :confused:

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 11:15 AM

There’s no way Jo Rowling would approve of putting millions into a pastime. She does put her money into much better causes and continues to put money into the development of treatments into MS. No way she would be putting money into hearts.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2018, 11:41 AM
There’s no way Jo Rowling would approve of putting millions into a pastime. She does put her money into much better causes and continues to put money into the development of treatments into MS. No way she would be putting money into hearts.

Not even for a community asset?

Smartie
03-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Not even for a community asset?

I've heard Hearts called many things over the years but never anything like that.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2018, 11:46 AM
I've heard Hearts called many things over the years but never anything like that.

My post wasn't entirely serious.

To be fair, though, most fitba teams are that, economically and socially.

Smartie
03-12-2018, 11:53 AM
My post wasn't entirely serious.

To be fair, though, most fitba teams are that, economically and socially.

I suppose having facilities for Edinburgh's outcasts to gather together with like-minded simpletons every fortnight is quite progressive really.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I suppose having facilities for Edinburgh's outcasts to gather together with like-minded simpletons every fortnight is quite progressive really.

Wasn't that STF's reasoning for saving us? :greengrin

Hibs4185
03-12-2018, 02:45 PM

I have never posted one rumour in my life and I wouldn’t have posted it but the guy who told me is a sponsor of hearts and spends a lot on advertising with them. Sits with Budge & Co.

If my wife made £100 million a year, I am sure I could persuade her to part with £5 million to support hibs.

It may well be rubbish, but it isn’t too far out of the realms of being possible given the sums involved and the mystery of it all.

green day
03-12-2018, 03:14 PM

Its certainly a wizard theory, although I dont think he will prophet from his investment.

Perhaps he hopes that his donations will help Hearts ascendio up the league?

Aim Here
03-12-2018, 03:16 PM
According to AB, there is more than one.

If there's more than one, there's very few of them. The previous donation was an exact £2.5 million, this one was £2 million, to the nearest thousand. If there's multiple donors, it's either a numerical coincidence that they keep rounding to the exact half-million, or they're acting in concert.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2018, 03:18 PM
If there's more than one, there's very few of them. The previous donation was an exact £2.5 million, this one was £2 million, to the nearest thousand. If there's multiple donors, it's either a numerical coincidence that they keep rounding to the nearest half-million, or they're acting in concert.

Where are you getting that from?

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Will need some Harry Potter magic to see the Castle from their state of the art dining facility right enough.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 03:33 PM
I have never posted one rumour in my life and I wouldn’t have posted it but the guy who told me is a sponsor of hearts and spends a lot on advertising with them. Sits with Budge & Co.

If my wife made £100 million a year, I am sure I could persuade her to part with £5 million to support hibs.

It may well be rubbish, but it isn’t too far out of the realms of being possible given the sums involved and the mystery of it all.

I would be really really surprised but I know you’re posting legit. Thanks for sharing regardless pal.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Will need some Harry Potter magic to see the Castle from their state of the art dining facility right enough.

Harry Potter and the charity thieving (Tyne) Castle.

hibbyfraelibby
03-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Harry Potter's creator's husband? You Slitherene troll begone.

Hibs4185
03-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Harry Potter's creator's husband? You Slitherene troll begone.

What a lovely comment. Thanks

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Harry Potter and the Poppy Money Disappearance Mystery.

Keith_M
03-12-2018, 07:08 PM

Sounds like a load of Quidditch to me.

SirDavidsNapper
03-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Expeliamous!

SirDavidsNapper
03-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Expeliamous!

Thats disgraceful patter. Sorry.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Not only did he steal my bird but he is a jambo to boot! :grr:

Smartie
03-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Harry Potter, the Out-of-Date Scotch Egg and the Missed Title Decider.

greenginger
03-12-2018, 10:14 PM

You are right about someone with serious wealth being required to donate the sums mentioned, and the Rowling family have that all right.

I just can't see any obvious link between the husband and Hearts.

He was born and brought up in Huntly , went to Glasgow to study medicine, lived in Edinburgh new town when introduced to Mrs Rowling.

Also not named as a HOMFC share holder on the Companies House bulk list. If he was going to give away millions you would think he might have started by buying some shares .

Obviously can't say he's not one of the large anonymous donors , and a very lucky break for Budge and Co. if he is .

hibbymick
03-12-2018, 10:24 PM
He was my Doctor for a while and word was he ploughed a lot of his own money into the brand spanking new medical centre that was built. Certainly seems a generous bloke.

MSK
04-12-2018, 05:42 AM
He was my Doctor for a while and word was he ploughed a lot of his own money into the brand spanking new medical centre that was built. Certainly seems a generous bloke.Was my Doctor at Clermiston for a while, wont make my thoughts on him public though 😆

FilipinoHibs
04-12-2018, 07:44 AM
You are right about someone with serious wealth being required to donate the sums mentioned, and the Rowling family have that all right.

I just can't see any obvious link between the husband and Hearts.

He was born and brought up in Huntly , went to Glasgow to study medicine, lived in Edinburgh new town when introduced to Mrs Rowling.

Also not named as a HOMFC share holder on the Companies House bulk list. If he was going to give away millions you would think he might have started by buying some shares .

Obviously can't say he's not one of the large anonymous donors , and a very lucky break for Budge and Co. if he is .

Exactly - don't believe these Jambos they are trying to put us off the scent. All roads lead to Budge. Another false rumour I think.

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 08:06 AM
Exactly - don't believe these Jambos they are trying to put us off the scent. All roads lead to Budge. Another false rumour I think.

I can't see how Budge can put in cash anonymously without disclosing it as a related party transaction. There's a whole separate note in their accounts on related party transactions, none of which mention the anonymous donations.

ShetlandHibby
04-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Guys we’re really delving into the realms of fantasy now!!

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Guys we’re really delving into the realms of fantasy now!!

Well we would be if we had £20m+ to throw at Project Hibs :greengrin

Hibs4185
04-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Personally I have always believed there is no mysterious donor and it is Budge who is contributing this extra cash. It is better to pretend to the fans that the big team dream is alive with all these rich donors than the club is struggling and she is having to pump in extra cash.

For example last year when she announced a facility of £1.75 million was available for the stand. She could have quite easily said ‘I have made available’, instead a facility sounds like it has came from a financial institution and therefore hearts are back in good standing with financial institutions after admin.

I’ve never thought the buccleuch estate family had the cash to fritter away a few million nor the bailie Gifford rumour.

As I said previously it may well be rubbish but I trusted the guy who told me which is why I posted. At the end of the day we will probably never know

green day
04-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Personally I have always believed there is no mysterious donor and it is Budge who is contributing this extra cash. It is better to pretend to the fans that the big team dream is alive with all these rich donors than the club is struggling and she is having to pump in extra cash.

For example last year when she announced a facility of £1.75 million was available for the stand. She could have quite easily said ‘I have made available’, instead a facility sounds like it has came from a financial institution and therefore hearts are back in good standing with financial institutions after admin.

I’ve never thought the buccleuch estate family had the cash to fritter away a few million nor the bailie Gifford rumour.

As I said previously it may well be rubbish but I trusted the guy who told me which is why I posted. At the end of the day we will probably never know

Thats a really good point and I clocked it at the time too - I was really surprised that they had managed to obtain loan facilities, and assumed that she was "guarantor" for it....................and, same as you, when it emerged that AB was actually the loan facility I thought that the words from the previous year were - at best - disingenuous.

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 08:38 AM

Currently Budge has a disclosed £4m of her own skin in the game and there's a further £10m which has been injected anonymously to date (excluding the £8m FoH cash bonanza).

That's a lot of money for one person to throw at it and if it was all her then surely it would have to be disclosed as a related party transaction?

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Thats a really good point and I clocked it at the time too - I was really surprised that they had managed to obtain loan facilities, and assumed that she was "guarantor" for it....................and, same as you, when it emerged that AB was actually the loan facility I thought that the words from the previous year were - at best - disingenuous.

Yup, slightly misleading considering the loan was coming from a related party.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2018, 08:46 AM

They've simply followed the law in this case. Facilities don't have to be disclosed, transactions do.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Currently Budge has a disclosed £4m of her own skin in the game and there's a further £10m which has been injected anonymously to date (excluding the £8m FoH cash bonanza).

That's a lot of money for one person to throw at it and if it was all her then surely it would have to be disclosed as a related party transaction?

£10m now?

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 09:09 AM
£10m now?

£5.5 anonymous donations pre June 2018, £3.25m anonymous donations post June 2018 and an anonymous approx £1.3m for the STC scheme. All donated completely anonymously by Hearts people.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
£5.5 anonymous donations pre June 2018, £3.25m anonymous donations post June 2018 and an anonymous approx £1.3m for the STC scheme. All donated completely anonymously by Hearts people.

What's the STC?

cocteautwin
04-12-2018, 09:12 AM
What's the STC?

Save the Children. I know you don't agree that it should be counted, but it's an anonymous amount of cash put in to the project by a Hearts person, so it gets counted in my book.