PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Ladies Team

MB62
14-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Thought the girls were excellent last night and probably deserved something out of the game against the World Champions. The U.S. team looked a bit bigger and stronger but our girls got stuck in and gave as good as they got, played some good fitba and with a wee bit more composure, could easily have scored a couple of goals.

Becoming more and more of a fan of the ladies game the more I see them (Hibs & Scotland) play.

superfurryhibby
14-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Have to say that I was surprised by the quality of the game, having never really watched women’s football. Skillful, quick and plenty of robust play. I was also impressed by the sporting manner they displayed throughout. No histrionics, diving etc.

Future looking good for the Scottish women and a decent crowd at the game as well.

MB62
14-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Have to say that I was surprised by the quality of the game, having never really watched women’s football. Skillful, quick and plenty of robust play. I was also impressed by the sporting manner they displayed throughout. No histrionics, diving etc.

Future looking good for the Scottish women and a decent crowd at the game as well.

Late in the 2nd half, Scottish player clatters in to American player in very similar circumstances to the Kamberi incident at Swinie. The Scottish girl got up and walked away, the American girl took a wee while to get up. There was absolutely NO protests from the rest of the American team, NOT A THING, a free kick was given to the U.S. and the game progressed without incident, not one American player went to the Ref or the Scottish girl, in protest, unlike the whole hearts team at Swinie, who were desperate to create a scene out of nothing in an attempt (successful as it turned out) to get Kamberi to react and ultimately sent off. Again, well done to ALL the girls on BOTH sides.

dchibs
14-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Late in the 2nd half, Scottish player clatters in to American player in very similar circumstances to the Kamberi incident at Swinie. The Scottish girl got up and walked away, the American girl took a wee while to get up. There was absolutely NO protests from the rest of the American team, NOT A THING, a free kick was given to the U.S. and the game progressed without incident, not one American player went to the Ref or the Scottish girl, in protest, unlike the whole hearts team at Swinie, who were desperate to create a scene out of nothing in an attempt (successful as it turned out) to get Kamberi to react and ultimately sent off. Again, well done to ALL the girls on BOTH sides.

Proably a lesson for Kamberi not to take the bait.

superfurryhibby
14-11-2018, 11:07 AM

You’re right, it was very similar, with maybe even a stronger claim that the Scottish lassie jumped into her opposite number a bit more than Kamberi did to the Hearts man.

Interesting how the game has shifted so much in the men’s game where cheating and gamesmanship is now standard practice. Ok, maybe the stakes are higher but there is also a very different culture in male football at professional level.

We sometimes debate the extent to which players are accountable in terms of role models and there are many different opinions on that subject. What is clear to me is that the negatives associated with win at all cost approach and no integrity filters down all the way in the man’s game and this is to the detriment of football.

stoneyburn hibs
14-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Thought the girls were excellent last night and probably deserved something out of the game against the World Champions. The U.S. team looked a bit bigger and stronger but our girls got stuck in and gave as good as they got, played some good fitba and with a wee bit more composure, could easily have scored a couple of goals.

Becoming more and more of a fan of the ladies game the more I see them (Hibs & Scotland) play.

The Scottish ladies were very unfortunate not to get an equaliser in the last 10 minutes.

Bangkok Hibby
14-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Proably a lesson for Kamberi not to take the bait.

I agree but isn't it a pity we have to "manage" the cheating and histrionics rather than stamp it out

MB62
14-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Probably a lesson for Kamberi not to take the bait.

Very difficult not to react when you have 3 or 4 opposition players in your face, shoving you about. The American girls didn't do that and the game moved on without incident.

I agree but isn't it a pity we have to "manage" the cheating and histrionics rather than stamp it out

:top marks

Lago
14-11-2018, 12:13 PM

They did well, become a fan myself. We should swap McLeish for Shelly Kerr better chance then for the men's lot.:agree:

Alan62
14-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Cracking match. Shelly Kerr got her tactics spot on and really motivated her team to perform beyond expectation.

The Americans were slightly more cynical in the challenge than the Scots players but the 'professional' fouling we take for granted in the men's game was largely absent.

Smashing game. Bodes well for the Women's World Cup.

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Watched the game this morning. That was a very impressive performance by the girls against arguably the best team in the world, they showed great discipline and organisation especially in the knowledge that they wouldn't have the majority of possession. I have to admit I laughed my arse off when that wee Scottish lassie flattened Carli Lloyd who is a bit of a superstar of the women's game :greengrin

Scotland's women's team running the USA so close would have been unimaginable a few years ago, its impressive how much they have progressed.

Watching the penalty the USA were awarded its clear to see that even if the women's game is generally more sporting it doesn't stop forwards going down looking for penalties after minimal contact :cb

Alan62
14-11-2018, 04:45 PM
The slightest hand on the shoulder and she was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk