PDA

View Full Version : December fixtures

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2018, 07:07 AM
I dare say there's been a thread on this already, but what nutter came up with the December fixture schedule? The second year running this has happened.

We have 8 games in 4 weeks, one of them a rearranged game against Sevco, so I have two questions:

1) Why the hell would you rearrange a game for what was already the busiest month by far fixture wise?

2) Why make the most expensive month of the year for families the one with the most fixtures? that to me seems to make no business sense whatsoever.

JimBHibees
13-11-2018, 07:11 AM
I dare say there's been a thread on this already, but what nutter came up with the December fixture schedule? The second year running this has happened.

We have 8 games in 4 weeks, one of them a rearranged game against Sevco, so I have two questions:

1) Why the hell would you rearrange a game for what was already the busiest month by far fixture wise?

2) Why make the most expensive month of the year for families the one with the most fixtures? that to me seems to make no business sense whatsoever.

Why couldnt the Rangers game be in Feb or March? Also given the number of international breaks no way should the league cup semi finals have been the weekend though appreciate OF in Europe may have complicated that also.

Alan62
13-11-2018, 07:14 AM
We also have FIVE home games which will affect our receipts from those games. Fortunately, we're less dependent on walk-ups these days.

Liberal Hibby
13-11-2018, 07:35 AM
And there is absolutely no need to start the winter break before the New year. The traditional new year derby fixtures wee a highlight of the Scottish game have just been dumped and squeezed into a crowded December calendar.

Diclonius
13-11-2018, 07:52 AM
Because it is of utmost importance that we take 2146342625 breaks in September, October and November to watch Scotland get beat by minnows in the new UEFA Money-Spinning League and in friendlies against oil-rich countries.

JimBHibees
13-11-2018, 08:31 AM
And there is absolutely no need to start the winter break before the New year. The traditional new year derby fixtures wee a highlight of the Scottish game have just been dumped and squeezed into a crowded December calendar.

Totally agree overload games prior to christmas which are traditionally less well attended due to numerous factors and then bin the new year games when people make an effort to attend the games for something to do. Absolute marketing genius.

Greenbeard
13-11-2018, 08:57 AM
I expect that at the outset there will be certain "stand-by" dates identified for playing postoned fixtures to ensure a full prog is played before the split, and these dates will be used in strict chronological order. You can't afford to pick and choose a later stand-by date 'cos if you then get say a late bad run of weather and you've already used up your later stand-by dates, you're snookered. Like it or not you have to use the first available stand-by date. Unless you have a crystal ball.

That said, I agree it is a ******ing nightmare.

PatHead
13-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Wonder how many tickets we will give Celtic and The Rangers.

One Day Soon
13-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Totally agree overload games prior to christmas which are traditionally less well attended due to numerous factors and then bin the new year games when people make an effort to attend the games for something to do. Absolute marketing genius.

Some truly special planning went into that pile up. You're spot on with the December/January thing - it cannot make good commercial sense.

The 90+2
13-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Some truly special planning went into that pile up. You're spot on with the December/January thing - it cannot make good commercial sense.

It makes great commercial sense to tv.

Do we really want to wait until the middle of the season to pay our game in hand? Bring them on.

The 90+2
13-11-2018, 11:52 AM

You have to wonder? Really?

Carheenlea
13-11-2018, 11:55 AM
This is where ST holders will be thankful - adding up the cost of walk ups for the home games during this period amounts to a tidy old sum even for a single purchaser.

green&left
13-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Both will get the full end i'd imagine. Midweek and televised will put a few people of the Rangers game, Sunday half 12 and televised will put a few off the Celtic game, plus we've got 4 home games in 13 days with Hearts and Livi also at home. Expensive time for the walk-up punters.