PDA

View Full Version : Neil lennon

Greenworld
12-11-2018, 07:11 AM
I've held back from posting much but I'm starting to question our player recruitment. We seem to pull in a number of players who rarely get a chance or are just not good enough.
We have a team working on player recruitment and I'm looking at Livingston..Kilmarnock and others and thinking how are they doing better

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 07:16 AM
I've held back from posting much but I'm starting to question our player recruitment. We seem to pull in a number of players who rarely get a chance or are just not good enough.
We have a team working on player recruitment and I'm looking at Livingston..Kilmarnock and others and thinking how are they doing better

They arent recruiting better we have had key injuries and players coming back to speed. Some of the signings will primarily be cover.

Greenworld
12-11-2018, 07:18 AM
In defence maybe but elsewhere in the team ?

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 07:19 AM
In defence maybe but elsewhere in the team ?

Flo and Mclaren have both had injuries. Midfield jury is out re the balance of it.

MWHIBBIES
12-11-2018, 07:30 AM
They're currently doing better, Livi especially will be nowhere near us in May.

WhileTheChief..
12-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Would you take any Livi players in place of ours?

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 07:45 AM

I’d take anyone that would help us pick up more points which at this moment in time the Livi players are doing.

You could ask your question of Kilmarnock aswell. No real “fashionable” players that I’d say I was desperate to have in our team but they currently look a lot better than us and while there can be questions asked as to whether Livi will have the staying power, no such questions can realistically be asked of Kilmarnock. They’ll be up there.

So I suppose the question is, why when we have so much more money to spend are Killie (or Livi I suppose) currently a better side than us? The answer to that either lies with the recruitment, the manager or the players not giving us what they’re capable of. It’s probably a combination of all three right now.

Hibernian Verse
12-11-2018, 07:47 AM
Maybe we should change our pitch to plastic.

MWHIBBIES
12-11-2018, 07:55 AM
I’d take anyone that would help us pick up more points which at this moment in time the Livi players are doing.

You could ask your question of Kilmarnock aswell. No real “fashionable” players that I’d say I was desperate to have in our team but they currently look a lot better than us and while there can be questions asked as to whether Livi will have the staying power, no such questions can realistically be asked of Kilmarnock. They’ll be up there.

So I suppose the question is, why when we have so much more money to spend are Killie (or Livi I suppose) currently a better side than us? The answer to that either lies with the recruitment, the manager or the players not giving us what they’re capable of. It’s probably a combination of all three right now.
Or a patch of poor form over 4 hard games. We were above both until that patch. It's that simple.

green day
12-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Or a patch of poor form over 4 hard games. We were above both until that patch. It's that simple.

And still 8 points off the top spot.............

According to some on here, we have a poorer recruitment team, a poorer manager, and poorer players than all the diddy clubs (Livi,Killie,St J) that are currently above us.

This after one round of games, FFS :confused:

The rationale and kneejerk reactions from some people on here are utterly ridiculous.

EH54
12-11-2018, 08:08 AM
Our players are better. Their players are performing better, their system is working, ours isnt. Down to lennon to get it right.

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2018, 08:48 AM
1 point from 12 isn't good reading and Neil is probably facing the biggest challenge of his tenure. Up until now any time we had a bad result we bounced back fairly quickly.

Losing McGinn and McGeouch was always going to mean a massive challenge for us this season. We have lost drive in midfield. Hyndman is a decent footballer but nowhere near as good as the 2 we have lost. Mallan has given us goals from midfield which haven't had for a while but he is not a worker. We are also missing Scott Allan's defence splitting passes.

Our defence has chopped and changed constantly due to injury, and up front our 2 best strikers have also had injuries.

So there are reasons for where we are in the league and I don't think any Manager would have coped any better than Lennon in the same situation.

However, we have some winnable games coming up and 2 or 3 wins will get us up there challenging again.

SlickShoes
12-11-2018, 08:54 AM
How much bigger do you think our budget is? It's not an astronomical gulf like us to celtc/rangers.

We probably have more depth than Livi/killie/St J due to our increased budget but that's about it, the quality of player we can attract is very slightly better but if all of their players stay fit and play well they are well within their rights to defeat us and place above us in the league.

We have played poorly in the last 3 games, the teams we have played against have defeated us but I don't think there is some huge gulf in class between us and them. We were unlucky to lose to St J and Aberdeen, the latter the only difference in the whole game was one single individual error.

These teams are not out playing us even when we play poorly, the manager has to sort out the performances sure but I don't think we are even remotely close to the panic stations yet. If we are adrift in the bottom 6 at new year then I will worry.

Greenworld
12-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Maybe we should change our pitch to plastic.They seem to be doing alright on grass also

Brightside
12-11-2018, 09:00 AM

You think Livingston are recruiting better? Really?

McSwanky
12-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Kilmarnock would be top of the league if they'd beaten us at Easter Road (remember, we beat them) - I'd say they're punching above their weight at the moment. Clarke seems to have built a really cohesive unit there.

Livingston have had a good start to the season, no doubt, but I'd be very surprised if they are even top 6 at the split.

As for Hibs, we haven't become a bad team overnight - but it's definitely been a bad run recently. The lack of goals in particular is a worry, Boyle has been poor, Mallan has been close but not quite hitting the target, and neither MacLaren or Kamberi look on decent form at the moment. But looking at the season as a whole so far, we have a team that can score goals, hopefully we can return to that over the next few weeks and get a bit of confidence about ER again.

eastmainsmsh
12-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Scott Allan is the missing link if we get him back Goals will come love to see Allan and Mallan

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 09:07 AM

4 hard games after 8 easier ones (where we didn’t play the top three once) when you could argue we should have built up a cushion before the 4 hard games. Livi have played Celtic twice, we’ve played them once. Livi have also played Rangers, we’ve not. They’ve been to Tynecastle aswell. Using the fact we’ve not had all the hard games until last as an excuse for being 8th in the league doesnt really wash when every team has now completed a round of what will be by and large similar fixtures.

We’re 8th in the league because over what is pretty much a third of a season - not as insignificant a length of time as people are dressing it up as - we’ve picked up less points than all the teams above us. No excuses regarding the order of these games really justifies for that. That much is simple.

J-C
12-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Scott Allan is the missing link if we get him back Goals will come love to see Allan and Mallan

At the moment we're 2 players short in midfield, someone like Allan and a solid box2box, neither Slivka or Hyndman gives you that and both have been fairly poor so far. Mallan could be the Allan player, he's still fairly young and can only get better.

Hibernian Verse
12-11-2018, 09:17 AM
They seem to be doing alright on grass also

Last 5 games away;

Livi

1 Win (St Mirren)
2 Draws (Hearts, Motherwell)
2 Defeats (Celtic, Hamilton)

Kilmarnock

3 Wins (Dundee, St Mirren, Hearts)
1 Draw (Rangers)
1 Loss (Hibs)

Hibs

2 Wins (Dundee, St Mirren)
1 Draw (Hearts)
2 Losses (Celtic, Aberdeen)

I'll agree with you that they're doing "alright", but their away form is no better than ours really when you take into consideration that we've had a tougher run of recent away games over the piece. It's their home form on their ***** pitches that's getting them places - although they got beat on Hamilton's.

neil7908
12-11-2018, 09:24 AM
I still retain 100% confidence in Lennon but am beginning to get frustrated by our poor away record at places like Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

These are tough, tough grounds and I would absolutely not expect us to be going and winning every game but our record is woeful.

I think our recruitment has been above average but there are gaps up front and in midfield, whilst we seem to have an abundance of defenders.

We also can't quite seem to find a consistent formation or balance in the team. Given the players we've lost over the summer I think this season has been about what I expected but I really hope we can kick once Kamberi and McLaren are back fit and playing together.

Scott Allan in January would be a massive boost but we then have to deal with McLaren, Milligan and Boyle going away the same month. At the moment I'm not sure how we'll cope.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2018, 09:25 AM

How many times have we played our strongest team, all fully match fit?

Blaster
12-11-2018, 09:29 AM
4 hard games after 8 easier ones (where we didn’t play the top three once) when you could argue we should have built up a cushion before the 4 hard games. Livi have played Celtic twice, we’ve played them once. Livi have also played Rangers, we’ve not. They’ve been to Tynecastle aswell. Using the fact we’ve not had all the hard games until last as an excuse for being 8th in the league doesnt really wash when every team has now completed a round of what will be by and large similar fixtures.

We’re 8th in the league because over what is pretty much a third of a season - not as insignificant a length of time as people are dressing it up as - we’ve picked up less points than all the teams above us. No excuses regarding the order of these games really justifies for that. That much is simple.

We’ve played Aberdeen twice and 5 home / 7 away games. It’s a marathon not a sprint mate

brog
12-11-2018, 09:33 AM

Why is the thread entitled Neil Lennon? Your question is all about player recruitment & NL is only one (important) part of that structure. We have 13 full internationalists in our squad, I suspect that's way more than Killie & Livi put together. So our recruitment (on paper) is good, so are we making the most effective use of our players? That's another question which is why I suspect you named the thread "Neil Lennon" in the 1st place.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 09:34 AM
We’ve played Aberdeen twice and 5 home / 7 away games. It’s a marathon not a sprint mate

Using the order of fixtures etc as an excuse for poor results/league position is clutching at straws. I’m not going to go through other teams fixtures but everyone has now played enough games that we will all have played similar fixtures, whether that be a banker 3 points against Dundee or a difficult game against Celtic. I could understand the logic if we’d played Celtic twice, Aberdeen twice (and if they were actually any good, they’re not particularly) Rangers twice etc but we’ve not had some freakishly hard opening to the season compared to other teams yet we’ve not picked up as many points.

It may well be a marathon, but our first 8 miles of this marathon have been ran at below the pace we have set ourselves to achieve our expected finishing time and we’ve now got catching up to do.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 09:37 AM
Why is the thread entitled Neil Lennon? Your question is all about player recruitment & NL is only one (important) part of that structure. We have 13 full internationalists in our squad, I suspect that's way more than Killie & Livi put together. So our recruitment (on paper) is good, so are we making the most effective use of our players? That's another question which is why I suspect you named the thread "Neil Lennon" in the 1st place.

Full internationalists doesn’t really mean a lot though. Scott Allan and Flo were two of our best players last season yet neither has a full cap. Slivka, Hyndman, and the two full backs we’ve signed recently are all full internationals yet haven’t offered anything like enough (the two full backs haven’t been given an opportunity to be fair). We’ve had numerous full internationalists in the recent past who have been utterly honking.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2018, 09:50 AM

I liked the way that their centre forward played. Put me in mind of Jason Scotland the way the he rolled players and could hold it up. But as an addition, not a replacement.

Brightside
12-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Gary Holt is doing a great job of making Livi hard to beat. If Lennon set up teams this way this play would be in even more meltdown.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Gary Holt is doing a great job of making Livi hard to beat. If Lennon set up teams this way this play would be in even more meltdown.

Livi have just as many wins as us this season. He’s also made them just as capable of winning as we are.

flash
12-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Livi have just as many wins as us this season. He’s also made them just as capable of winning as we are.

They wouldn't be without that pitch.

Brightside
12-11-2018, 10:22 AM

Again - If Hibs played the way Livi do this place would be in meltdown. Its not always about bare results.

bingo70
12-11-2018, 10:24 AM

We’re only at the start of November though.

I suspect if we look at it again once Livi weren’t catching teams by surprise and once everyone has wised up to how they play there’ll be a different outcome.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 10:32 AM
I’ve no idea how to multi quote :greengrin

So, flash - they do have that pitch though, so what would happen if they didn’t is irrelevant. And I’ll be damned if Livi finish above us this season and anyone uses the excuse aye but that pitch, what more could we have done? Or something along those lines

Underscore - this place will be in meltdown if we don’t start picking up more points regardless of the way we do it. Results are the most important thing

Bingo - we are only at the start of November but we are also a third of the way through the season now. I feel people are down playing how far we are into the season to try dress things up a bit. We can’t afford to get to halfway through the season before we go “hang on we’ve been a bit crap eh?” By that point we can say goodbye to any hopes of Europe unless there’s a huge improvement after the January window again.

Ronniekirk
12-11-2018, 10:36 AM
We seemed to have created a lot of jobs around recruitment and analysing videos etc I have. no issue with this as long as it's providing a. a better quality of player that can make us a better team
I think their is greater scrutiny just. now because we have slipped to 8th place with the likes of Killie St Jonstone and livi all above us ,yet we probs My have bigger crowds and more resources than the three of them put together
It remains to be seen where we will finish but injuries and internationalists away in January make it difficult to compare
But I do now expect an upturn in form after the break with both the two. new recruits being given game time if fit
And we will add to the Squad in January

bingo70
12-11-2018, 10:51 AM
I’ve no idea how to multi quote :greengrin

So, flash - they do have that pitch though, so what would happen if they didn’t is irrelevant. And I’ll be damned if Livi finish above us this season and anyone uses the excuse aye but that pitch, what more could we have done? Or something along those lines

Underscore - this place will be in meltdown if we don’t start picking up more points regardless of the way we do it. Results are the most important thing

Bingo - we are only at the start of November but we are also a third of the way through the season now. I feel people are down playing how far we are into the season to try dress things up a bit. We can’t afford to get to halfway through the season before we go “hang on we’ve been a bit crap eh?” By that point we can say goodbye to any hopes of Europe unless there’s a huge improvement after the January window again.

The league is tight just now so it’s entirely possible that on the basis of a good weekend you could jump up 3 or 4 places, similarly a bad weekend could see us dropping down an equivalent amount.

A settled side and one or two additions in January will see us fine imo.

MWHIBBIES
12-11-2018, 11:00 AM

So you're saying we have over 2/3 over the season to go then?

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 11:12 AM
So you're saying we have over 2/3 over the season to go then?

Yup. Significant chunk of the season still to go, but also a significant chunk of the season played and not enough points collected. We can keep bemoaning our tough fixtures next month when we play 5 games against the top 4. It’s fine though, if we dont get many good results in that period that’ll be why, tough fixtures that people would have us believe nobody else has to play with the way they use it as an excuse.

One Day Soon
12-11-2018, 11:25 AM
72 points still to play for. As the team settles and strengthens following the life-threatening surgery we took to our midfield since last season we will be absolutely fine.

bingo70
12-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Yup. Significant chunk of the season still to go, but also a significant chunk of the season played and not enough points collected. We can keep bemoaning our tough fixtures next month when we play 5 games against the top 4. It’s fine though, if we dont get many good results in that period that’ll be why, tough fixtures that people would have us believe nobody else has to play with the way they use it as an excuse.

It’s not an excuse.

Would you agree that Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Celtic Park are three of the toughest away games in the league?

To get three of them so close together is a tough run of fixtures and not getting more points out of them is disappointing but it’s not the end of the world.

We’ve got a decent run of fixtures coming up, if we’re still in 8th, or lower, after those games I’ll be a lot more concerned.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 11:38 AM
It’s not an excuse.

Would you agree that Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Celtic Park are three of the toughest away games in the league?

To get three of them so close together is a tough run of fixtures and not getting more points out of them is disappointing but it’s not the end of the world.

We’ve got a decent run of fixtures coming up, if we’re still in 8th, or lower, after those games I’ll be a lot more concerned.

They’re absolutely three of the toughest away games in the league. However, whether they’re close together or not, everyone plays the same games. Livi have been to Celtic Park and Tynecastle and yet they’re above us. The order in which these games come makes very little odds when you consider that other teams have also had to play them. We didn’t have to go to any of these places in the first 8 games yet Livi did. It all evens out yet it’s been dressed up as us being hard done by.

Greenworld
12-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Why is the thread entitled Neil Lennon? Your question is all about player recruitment & NL is only one (important) part of that structure. We have 13 full internationalists in our squad, I suspect that's way more than Killie & Livi put together. So our recruitment (on paper) is good, so are we making the most effective use of our players? That's another question which is why I suspect you named the thread "Neil Lennon" in the 1st place.I concede I could have titled it recruitment team but Neil has final say of who comes in.
I'm not trying to rip into anyone just seems we have made big noises about biggest budget ever..a very advanced recruitment process using complex computerised technology which won't be cheap but has it really given us an edge on teams outwith the old Firm .
I know we have lots of internationals but the facts are we are 8th

Deeds
12-11-2018, 12:27 PM
We have great players, but decision making at right time has let us down recently. I’m sure that will improve in the coming months and we will start to climb up the league again.

matty_f
12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
They’re absolutely three of the toughest away games in the league. However, whether they’re close together or not, everyone plays the same games. Livi have been to Celtic Park and Tynecastle and yet they’re above us. The order in which these games come makes very little odds when you consider that other teams have also had to play them. We didn’t have to go to any of these places in the first 8 games yet Livi did. It all evens out yet it’s been dressed up as us being hard done by.
Livi got the same points as we did from Celtc and Tiny.

jacomo
12-11-2018, 01:42 PM
At the moment we're 2 players short in midfield, someone like Allan and a solid box2box, neither Slivka or Hyndman gives you that and both have been fairly poor so far. Mallan could be the Allan player, he's still fairly young and can only get better.

Agree with this.

Midfield rebuild was always going to be a very hard job this season. Mallan obviously brings goals to the side and Spike seems good at DM, so it’s someone who can work with those two.

Neither Hyndman nor Slivka are doing enough at present.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2018, 01:44 PM

The boy Menga forMacLaren

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Livi got the same points as we did from Celtc and Tiny.

Yup. And so they’ve got more from their other games.

The_Horde
12-11-2018, 02:00 PM

We'd have him for 2 minutes and folk would moan about him.

flash
12-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Be lucky if Menga gets 5 goals this season.

Daydreamer
12-11-2018, 02:08 PM

Spoke to a few ex-professionals a few times about Kilmarnock and their resurgence since Steve Clarke took over. He seems to get all the credit along with Jones, Brophy and Greg Stewart. As I've said to them WATCH Power and Dicker in midfield and your realise why they are a good team. Not workhorses as they think but bloody good players. Funnily they are starting to agree with me.

The 90+2
12-11-2018, 02:13 PM

You could argue setting up hard to beat is playing to their strengths where as it’s not ours.

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 02:15 PM

Got to be joking he is just about to be suspended for weeks.

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 02:17 PM
I concede I could have titled it recruitment team but Neil has final say of who comes in.
I'm not trying to rip into anyone just seems we have made big noises about biggest budget ever..a very advanced recruitment process using complex computerised technology which won't be cheap but has it really given us an edge on teams outwith the old Firm .
I know we have lots of internationals but the facts are we are 8th

3 weeks ago we were second.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Be lucky if Menga gets 5 goals this season.

He already has 1 goal, his hold up play is very good.

The 90+2
12-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Got to be joking he is just about to be suspended for weeks.

I don’t think we can do instant swaps 😂

jeffers
12-11-2018, 02:34 PM
I've not been convinced by us this seaon or quite a few of our signings. It's not that I think the players we have signed don't have talent I'm just not sure how they are supposed to fit into a formation that will work. Replacing last season's midfield was never going to be easy as not only did the three of them have ability, but they all worked hard off the ball (I was pleasantly surprised to see Scott Allan had added that to his game since his first spell with us.) While a different type of player from McGeouch Milligan does play that deeper role and provides better defensive cover, but in terms of work rate off the ball I can't say that Mallan or Hyndman offer anything like SJM or Scott Allan.

It's maybe crazy to criticise Mallan given he's the first proper goalscoring midfielder I can remember us having in a long long time, but when he's not doing that he offers us very little. He doesn't play the defence splitting pass like Scott Allan and switches off too often defensively for me.

As for Hyndman, yes he has ability but he's been a big disappointment and I wouldn't be sad to see his loan end in January.

An even bigger disappointment to me has been Horgan. After his first few games he looked to be a great signing but since then he's been largely poor.

I don't want to go restart the McLaren debate again, but to me he needs service and I'm struggling to work out who in the current squad will provide it. Scott Allan would and I've never hidden my thoughts on him, but I'm worried that ship has sailed.

I also don't know why another forward wasn't signed in the summer, we rely so heavily on Flo, without him we are powderpuff up front. Neither Shaw nor Lewis Allan look ready to me.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 02:38 PM
I've not been convinced by us this seaon or quite a few of our signings. It's not that I think the players we have signed don't have talent I'm just not sure how they are supposed to fit into a formation that will work. Replacing last season's midfield was never going to be easy as not only did the three of them have ability, but they all worked hard off the ball (I was pleasantly surprised to see Scott Allan had added that to his game since his first spell with us.) While a different type of player from McGeouch Milligan does play that deeper role and provides better defensive cover, but in terms of work rate off the ball I can't say that Mallan or Hyndman offer anything like SJM or Scott Allan.

It's maybe crazy to criticise Mallan given he's the first proper goalscoring midfielder I can remember us having in a long long time, but when he's not doing that he offers us very little. He doesn't play the defence splitting pass like Scott Allan and switches off too often defensively for me.

As for Hyndman, yes he has ability but he's been a big disappointment and I wouldn't be sad to see his loan end in January.

An even bigger disappointment to me has been Horgan. After his first few games he looked to be a great signing but since then he's been largely poor.

I don't want to go restart the McLaren debate again, but to me he needs service and I'm struggling to work out who in the current squad will provide it. Scott Allan would and I've never hidden my thoughts on him, but I'm worried that ship has sailed.

I also don't know why another forward wasn't signed in the summer, we rely so heavily on Flo, without him we are powderpuff up front. Neither Shaw nor Lewis Allan look ready to me.

Pretty much where exactly where I am with regards to what we’ve got just now.

alihibs1
12-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Bogdan, Milligan and Kamberi have all started very well.

If Macca stays fit, he will do very well.

Mallan, Horgan and Agyepong have the potential if they stay fit and are consistent.

Hyndman I'm unsure about and obvsiously I can't judge Harry or nelom yet.

We brought decent quality in in the summer but we are Scott Allan and a striker short which has heavily impacted our season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Smartie
12-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Bogdan, Milligan and Kamberi have all started very well.

If Macca stays fit, he will do very well.

Mallan, Horgan and Agyepong have the potential if they stay fit and are consistent.

Hyndman I'm unsure about and obvsiously I can't judge Harry or nelom yet.

We brought decent quality in in the summer but we are Scott Allan and a striker short which has heavily impacted our season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

An argument could be made that if we hadn't had Scott Allan and if Kamberi and McLaren hadn't been so lucky avoiding injury then the second half of last season might not have been any better than the start of this one.

jacomo
12-11-2018, 03:17 PM

Agree with this.

Midfield rebuild was always going to be a very hard job this season. Mallan obviously brings goals to the side and Spike seems good at DM, so it’s someone who can work with those two.

Liam978
12-11-2018, 03:27 PM
He already has 1 goal, his hold up play is very good.

So is his head play,

Tarrahib
12-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Agree with this.

Maybe it's a about time we gave youth a chance.Play Fraser Murray.

The 90+2
12-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Maybe it's a about time we gave youth a chance.Play Fraser Murray.

Aye he has a rubbish game and is hounded on as per the players on here just now. The best time to bring in a youngster is when the team is playing with confidence or nothing to lose (usually end of season) not when we need a Hail Mary.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-11-2018, 05:33 PM

If it’s all about results how come Killie and Livi haven’t won cups within the last 5 years?

It’s also cyclical - do you think the majority of the Premiership looked at the golden generation and as asked why can we do it?

Were incrementally also giving our kids a chance. Some stats to back that up. Are we blending more of this into our team than buying players?

Either way it’s not as easy as flipping a switch. Although Hearts appear to have lucked out there... mid-Longterm our plans will pay off. It’s about sustainability - hopefully we have the atructure now that if we had another golden generation we’d not fall off the performance cliff when we moved them on

proof of the pudding is in the eating tho.