PDA

View Full Version : Bogdan

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 10:58 PM
This would be a very good move for us. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3473119/hibs-adam-bogdan-signings-transfers-easter-road/

Diclonius
10-11-2018, 11:05 PM
ADAM BOGDAN is loving life at Hibs so much he wants to make the move permanent next summer.

Brendan Rodgers took keeper Bogdan from Bolton to Anfield in 2015, in what has been a lucrative but frustrating four year deal.

Since then Bogdan, 31, has played just six times for Liverpool, and was sidelined for over a year after tearing a cruciate ligament on loan at Wigan.

It’s no wonder the Hungarian international is enjoying the chance of regular first team football at Easter Road.

Bogdan already knows he’ll be leaving Anfield for good next May, so he would be happy with a long-term Easter Road deal.

Bogdan said: “Yes, of course, as Hibs is a very appealing club and Edinburgh is fantastic.

“I have a season-long loan at Easter Road, and I’m very happy in the city and at Hibs.

“The support from the fans is great and the people at the club are fantastic.

“My contract with Liverpool finishes at the end of the season, but there is no pressure on me about where I will go next.

“I was out injured for a long time, so I want to enjoy what I’m doing and perform the best I can in every game.

“I have a mindset of enjoying my game and trying to improve, and play as many matches as possible.”

Bogdan has impressed, conceding less than a goal-a-game on average so far, although he did lose four at Celtic Park.

That defeat started a run of just one point from four games going into the international break, as Hibs slid into the bottom six.

Friday night’s loss to a stunning Gary Mackay-Steven strike at Aberdeen showed where boss Neil Lennon’s problems lie at the moment.

It was the third straight game where Hibs have failed to score, but Bogdan expects them to put that right before facing struggling Dundee on Saturday.

Bogdan added: “Apart from the Celtic game we haven’t lost many goals if you watch the last seven or eight matches.

“But we haven’t scored in the last three games which isn’t like us because we have been playing well and scoring a lot.

tonyrougier123
10-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Bogdan and rocky both contracted would be excellent.both good keepers.

murray26
10-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Bogdan would be a excellent signing.. hope it happens

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 11:21 PM
Definitely worth signing permanently, excellent keeper.

To think some wanted him dropped after his clean sheet against Hearts...

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Been brilliant during and since away tie in Greece

Heisenberg
11-11-2018, 07:32 AM
Would definitely be happy to have him here permanently. I’m not sure Rocky would share the same feelings though!

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2018, 07:35 AM
I just want Andy Goram and Jim Leighton back.

They made less basic errors than Bogdan or Rocky.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2018, 07:37 AM
I just want Andy Goram and Jim Leighton back.

They made less basic errors than Bogdan or Rocky.

Jim couldn't kick, made some howlers whilst here.

BILLYHIBS
11-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Jim couldn't kick, made some howlers whilst here.
Did not stop Scotland capping him but agree kicking was not a strong point

Leighton and Goram were worth 12 points per season for us.

Please do not ask me to comment on Rockys kicking! :greengrin

J-C
11-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Wonder if Marciano will stay on to fight for his place if Bogdan signs, both good keepers and both as good as each other.

wookie70
11-11-2018, 07:48 AM
He has done well but not sure I would be spending a chunk of the budget on two high profile keepers. Rocky or Bogdan would be fine with Laidlaw as back up. Another big centre forward would be money better spent imo

Borderhibbie76
11-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Bogdan and rocky both contracted would be excellent.both good keepers.Only issue is we won't be able to keep them both happy if 1 is not playing...Rocky can't be happy at present. 2 good keepers who will both want regular game time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Is he not on £24k a week?

I know he wont be on anything when his contract finishes, but can you see him playing for us on our wages, i'm not so sure he will find the city and the club so appealing on what we pay.

I'd love to be wrong, as i think he's the best keeper we've had in years.

Carheenlea
11-11-2018, 11:02 AM

I know he wont be on anything when his contract finishes, but can you see him playing for us on our wages, i'm not so sure he will find the city and the club so appealing on what we pay.

I keep forgetting he’s on loan from Liverpool and haven’t thought of what his wages are there. If that’s true it’s a hell of a wage.

calumhibee1
11-11-2018, 11:50 AM
He has done well but not sure I would be spending a chunk of the budget on two high profile keepers. Rocky or Bogdan would be fine with Laidlaw as back up. Another big centre forward would be money better spent imo

Likewise. Presuming they’d both be costing a hefty wage I’m not sure we need both. I don’t think there’s much between them so I’d be happy with either.

CMurdoch
11-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Bogden has a great overall game.
His good form won't have gone unnoticed and i expect a lower English Championship team can offer him thrice what we will offer him in wages. He will have an agent touting him all over the place for one last big contract. However, it could happen if Adam has had enough of moving around as we could safely offer him a long deal which he might fancy. In that case I could see him being our regular keeper for a long long time if he signs.

Sadly signing him would mean letting spectacular shot saver Rocky go.

11-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Would like to see us sign him on a precontract agreement in January.

CMurdoch
11-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Would like to see us sign him on a precontract agreement in January.

I don't think he would be willing.
He will want to see what other offers are on the table.

Speedway
11-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Apparently so yes. The agent’s job is to make sure he stays on as much a week as possible. We’ll have our work cut out signing him.

Elephant Stone
11-11-2018, 07:01 PM
He is quality and I hope he stays, glad he's keen.

whiskas
11-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Sounds promising, I'm hoping the fact he's settled and enjoying himself playing regular football sweetens the likely wage drop he'll be taking if he signs for us.