PDA

View Full Version : Sjm

lord bunberry
10-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Scored the third goal today for Villa in an excellent away win at Derby. I had a wee read of the Villa forum and they absolutely love him. It was weird I felt like a proud father reading what they were saying about him, a proud father who’s child has left home to be a huge success, but really wishes they would come back home:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Mango Man
10-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Absolutely, I've been keeping a an eye on him too, watched about 5 or 6 villa games this season and checking their forums now and again, they adore him, and no wonder, he gives everything he's got and will just get better.

Vault Boy
Least surprising thing in the world that SJM is flourishing down south. Excellent player with a world class attitude. Deserves everything he gets, what a man.

Famous Fiver
I feel a big pay off coming when the inevitable big money move is made.

Sooner, rather than later, I hope.

MSK
10-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Scored the third goal today for Villa in an excellent away win at Derby. I had a wee read of the Villa forum and they absolutely love him. It was weird I felt like a proud father reading what they were saying about him, a proud father who’s child has left home to be a huge success, but really wishes they would come back home:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:Really miss him and Mcgeough, Slivka and Mallan seem to be the new targets of the hibs.net boo boy ********s

theonlywayisup
10-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Scored the third goal today for Villa in an excellent away win at Derby. I had a wee read of the Villa forum and they absolutely love him. It was weird I felt like a proud father reading what they were saying about him, a proud father who’s child has left home to be a huge success, but really wishes they would come back home:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Was it not the first goal.

lord bunberry
10-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Possibly I just saw the result and had a quick look at the scorers. His name was third, but it might have been in reverse order.

lord bunberry
10-11-2018, 08:24 PM
The best comment on the Villa forum was “ it can’t be long before he gets an assist for one of his goals”. They showed a heat map of where he was on the pitch the most against Bolton and it was red everywhere on the pitch :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
10-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Makes me feel very proud but also annoyed about the wealth disparity between north and south of the border. They’re talking about him being worth £15 million, and I have no doubt that’s the least Villa can expect when he inevitably moves on.....and we ended up with, what, £3 million?

Zazu62
10-11-2018, 08:32 PM
We miss him badly, him and Dylan

lord bunberry
10-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Makes me feel very proud but also annoyed about the wealth disparity between north and south of the border. They’re talking about him being worth £15 million, and I have no doubt that’s the least Villa can expect when he inevitably moves on.....and we ended up with, what, £3 million?
I agree, but if we’ve done things properly then we might get just as much from the sell on than we got from the original transfer.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Yeah and assisting the second.

SMAXXA
10-11-2018, 09:31 PM
I agree, but if we’ve done things properly then we might get just as much from the sell on than we got from the original transfer.

Sure I read from the AGM we have a 15% sell on

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Let’s hope Villa go up this season he he signs a new contract with them then. He’s going to leave them for mega money.

HibeeDaz6270
10-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Let’s hope Villa go up this season he he signs a new contract with them then. He’s going to leave them for mega money.
I would imagine more chance of him moving on and teams coming in for him if they miss out on promotion. Villa in the Premier League are a massive club & it would probably take a big big club to prize him away at that point so it may be less likely that he moves on if they make it to the top flight.

Hibee Mac
10-11-2018, 10:24 PM
They took the song. I can't believe it.

You can take our player but don't take the song, show some decency it's hard enough as it is

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2018, 10:25 PM
https://twitter.com/russclarke/status/1061338875883384832?s=19

😔

Lancs Harp
10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
They took the song. I can't believe it.

You can take our player but don't take the song, show some decency it's hard enough as it is

Take it as a tribute.

:flag:

The Harp Awakes
10-11-2018, 10:34 PM
https://twitter.com/russclarke/status/1061338875883384832?s=19

😔

Brilliant. Sounds a wee bit different wi a brummie accent :greengrin

All the best to Villa and would be delighted if they gain promotion.

Glory glory to the Hibees.

murray26
10-11-2018, 11:21 PM
It breaks my heart 💔 I still love him..

heretoday
11-11-2018, 04:07 AM
We've a problem replacing him.

Libby Hibby
11-11-2018, 06:22 AM
We've a problem replacing him.

I just don’t think you understand if you think SJM can be replaced.

telford hibbee
11-11-2018, 06:53 AM
The best comment on the Villa forum was “ it can’t be long before he gets an assist for one of his goals”. They showed a heat map of where he was on the pitch the most against Bolton and it was red everywhere on the pitch :greengrinthat was done as recognition of his efforts on the field but was a real reflection of his game that day.

telford hibbee
11-11-2018, 06:54 AM
that was done as recognition of his efforts on the field but was a real reflection of his game that day.

Wasn't a real reflection

theonlywayisup
11-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Highlights

https://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/england-championship/10-11-2018-derby-county-0-3-aston-villa-championship.html

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Joining Aston Villa has been an inspired choice. They are a huge club , but a club that he will get a game week in and week out for. I don't doubt that he will end up in the EPL whether it is with the Villa or after a transfer. Looks like he has ticked all the boxes as part of the process to get settled down South.

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Joining Aston Villa has been an inspired choice. They are a huge club , but a club that he will get a game week in and week out for. I don't doubt that he will end up in the EPL whether it is with the Villa or after a transfer. Looks like he has ticked all the boxes as part of the process to get settled down South.

Yeah i agree. Joining Hibs was inspired and same with Villa. They lad obviously has a good head on his shoulders and good people around him. Literally nothing bad to say about McGinn at all. Genuinely wish him every success.

Colhint
11-11-2018, 02:07 PM
The best comment on the Villa forum was “ it can’t be long before he gets an assist for one of his goals”. They showed a heat map of where he was on the pitch the most against Bolton and it was red everywhere on the pitch :greengrin

Hi Guys, We absolutely love him. He's the stand out for POTS. One day there will be a commentary of McGinn puts in a glorious whipped cross and McGinn was at the far post to head home. He's been our best buy for years, sorry about the fee. He's already in the £20m bracket. I'm sure you'll get a dollop of that. Plenty of us already want the scouts to go and look at his brothers.
The other thing, he doesn't do heat maps, his is a nuclear explosion. There are plenty of shirts sold with McGinniesta on them

Plenty of us now have Hibs as our second team.

lord bunberry
11-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Hi Guys, We absolutely love him. He's the stand out for POTS. One day there will be a commentary of McGinn puts in a glorious whipped cross and McGinn was at the far post to head home. He's been our best buy for years, sorry about the fee. He's already in the £20m bracket. I'm sure you'll get a dollop of that. Plenty of us already want the scouts to go and look at his brothers.
The other thing, he doesn't do heat maps, his is a nuclear explosion. There are plenty of shirts sold with McGinniesta on them

Plenty of us now have Hibs as our second team.
I’m down your way in March for the Cheltenham festival. Villa are at home to Middlesbrough on the Saturday so me and my mate are going to the game if we can get tickets. Is it easy to get tickets for a home game?

Hibernia&Alba
11-11-2018, 02:11 PM
I wish the wee man all the best, and wish he was still a Hibs player even more.

PatHead
11-11-2018, 02:13 PM
I’m feeling really sad just now. Miss him loads.

Colhint
11-11-2018, 03:20 PM
I’m down your way in March for the Cheltenham festival. Villa are at home to Middlesbrough on the Saturday so me and my mate are going to the game if we can get tickets. Is it easy to get tickets for a home game?

Itll be a sellout. But if you watch the villa website you should be ok. If not introduce yourself on a Villa forum, someone may help you

PatHead
11-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Tell you what, SJM would improve that Manchester United midfield.

DarlingtonHibee
11-11-2018, 04:47 PM

Wasn't mentioned at the agm.

Albanian Hibs
11-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Itll be a sellout. But if you watch the villa website you should be ok. If not introduce yourself on a Villa forum, someone may help you

Are most Villa home games a sell out?

CMurdoch
11-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Highlights

https://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/england-championship/10-11-2018-derby-county-0-3-aston-villa-championship.html

Scores 1st and sets up 2nd AV goal.
Also heavily involved in loads of the game before the 1st goal.

Hi Heid Yin
11-11-2018, 06:17 PM
As great as it is to see John McGinn excel at Villa and be adored by their fans, it really grates big time with me that our club got such a relative pittance for him (assuming there is no sell on clause).
It also grates that these rich English clubs know how desperate Scottish teams are re finances and offer paltry - even embarrassing sums of money.
Does anyone out there really know what we actually got for him, or indeed what the total package was?

lord bunberry
11-11-2018, 07:06 PM
As great as it is to see John McGinn excel at Villa and be adored by their fans, it really grates big time with me that our club got such a relative pittance for him (assuming there is no sell on clause).
It also grates that these rich English clubs know how desperate Scottish teams are re finances and offer paltry - even embarrassing sums of money.
Does anyone out there really know what we actually got for him, or indeed what the total package was?
They offered more than Celtic that’s for sure. The way to make money for us is with a sell on clause.

lord bunberry
11-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks.

Perd Hapley
11-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Missing McGinn as much as us all. Would be frustrating to see him move on from Villa for big money but my frustration would be somewhat alleviated by a significant sell-on fee - wonder what the deal is with Villa in this one - if it's true we have a 15% sell-on then I wonder whether St Mirren's deal only applied to the very next transfer, or if such a clause might be there for us, etc... Lots of variables - if McGinn ever truly reaches his potential and gets landed on a transfer fee which truly recognises his value then I hope there's a slice of that coming our way. St Mirren and Hibs both benefitting from such a boost could change things up and set a precedent (especially if that actually constituted 45% of the fee). One of the rare occasions I kind of regret the club's reticence with transfer information. Although needless to say it's probably for the best and I'm well into the realms of wild speculation here :)

Liam89
11-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Honestly, it's so frustrating that McGinn wasn't involved in a bidding war between several clubs down south. It was obvious to all of us up here that he'd slot right in down south and his valuation would balloon after a few appearances. Hopefully there will be a greater respect for the quality of player we can bring through the next time we have someone on a similar level to McGinn's quality and potential (could be a while) which leads to us receiving higher transfer fees but I doubt it.

Ridiculous that average Championship players can go for multiple millions but a class player such as McGinn can barely gain enough interest to net us a few million.

heretoday
12-11-2018, 03:30 AM
I just don’t think you understand if you think SJM can be replaced.
Not if he's better than Zidane I suppose.........

Austinho
12-11-2018, 03:50 AM
I miss the SJM song. Can we change the lyrics to:

We are the Hibs
The f***ing mental Hibs
I just don’t think you understand
The best team in the land
We’re better than Milan
We are the f***ing mental Hibs

Cheers x

tonyrougier123
12-11-2018, 04:02 AM