PDA

View Full Version : NEXT FEW GAMES.....how many points

Hibees1973
10-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Looking at some of the posts after last night we need to move on and look at what is coming up.

The international break gives us a chance to get some players back fit, for example Gray & Hanlon and for some of our newer signings to sharpen up.

The next batch of fixtures between now and the winter break will shape our season.

Between now and the end of the year we have 9 games of which 6 are at home, so 27 points up for grabs. Hibs need to take advantage of this run of home games. We currently have 18 points. I feel we should target 20 points (6 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat...probably to a Celtic with the form they are in).

This would give us a tally of 38 points before the winter break and push up back into the top 5 and in the running for a European place.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2018, 06:05 PM
Looking at some of the posts after last night we need to move on and look at what is coming up.

The international break gives us a chance to get some players back fit, for example Gray & Hanlon and for some of our newer signings to sharpen up.

The next batch of fixtures between now and the winter break will shape our season.

Between now and the end of the year we have 9 games of which 6 are at home, so 27 points up for grabs. Hibs need to take advantage of this run of home games. We currently have 18 points. I feel we should target 20 points (6 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat...probably to a Celtic with the form they are in).

This would give us a tally of 38 points before the winter break and push up back into the top 5 and in the running for a European place.I'm all for a bit of positive thinking but 20 points from the next 9 matches is very optimistic on current form given those matches include Sevco x 2 Celtic, Yams and Killie

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
10-11-2018, 06:18 PM
I wasn’t best happy about when the Rangers game was rescheduled for but given the last few weeks we should likely be Happy enough. I’ve also not been happy about too many international breaks but again given the ongoing injury problems perhaps this latest one will help. There is no doubt that injuries have held us back this season.
I like Lennon, he’s done a decent job but he also needs to learn from formation/player choice in certain games.
We need some luck, get over the injuries, get the strongest team on the pitch and then make judgments on where we are. There is no doubt that between now and the winter break will define our season.
There is also the Scottish Cup to come. Bring it on!!

theonlywayisup
10-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Already a thread three or four posts below.

One for admin chappies to merge.

Wilson
10-11-2018, 06:34 PM
We didn't see enough of a reaction to the Saints loss when we faced Aberdeen. Now we need a big reaction to the slump.

Any kind of fight shown should get us a couple of positive results. Away to Killie would be a good place to win. They seem to like an away day so hopefully we can hit them at home.