PDA

View Full Version : We need scott alan

Cookiehibs
10-11-2018, 10:57 AM
I knew as soon as the team was announced last night that we would struggle. As soon as you start changing your centre half partnerships you see problems. As for going forward we are desperate for the likes of Allan to open up these defences, especially away from home

frazeHFC
10-11-2018, 11:04 AM
Desperately need him. Milligan is a good player, on his day Slivka is a good player although we rarely see it enough, and Mallan is a goal threat. But Maclaren and Kamberi are starved without Allan in behind.

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 11:05 AM
I knew as soon as the team was announced last night that we would struggle. As soon as you start changing your centre half partnerships you see problems. As for going forward we are desperate for the likes of Allan to open up these defences, especially away from home

Him or someone like him wouldn’t do any harm.

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
He'd only make our team worse right now. Not kicked a ball in anger since May

One Day Soon
10-11-2018, 11:10 AM
He'd only make our team worse right now. Not kicked a ball in anger since May

Well according to some we shouldn’t sign players like him because they’re not match fit...

Eyrie
10-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Allan's creativity is needed but would a midfield trio of Allan, Mallan and Milligan work?

tamig
10-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Him or someone like him wouldn’t do any harm.

Its clear we need Scott Allan. There have been numerous threads about this all season yet there are a few posters who continue to think we need to prioritise other positions. Scott Allan is a top talent and always shines in a Hibs strip. You mention someone like him. If we can’t get him, trying to get someone similar would be way out of our price range. He is a very special player imo and the board should do whatever it takes to get him in January.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Allan's creativity is needed but would a midfield trio of Allan, Mallan and Milligan work?

Yes, Mallan, slivka, boyle and Kamberi all making runs and SA playing the passes and Milligan sitting behind SA protecting the back 4.

CMac1988
10-11-2018, 11:40 AM
One thing that Allan does that no one in our team is capable of of is making that extra yard of space for himself, giving him a little breathing space and time to think about his next move. Do it a few times over the course of the game and the opposition stop closing you down allowing you to dictate the pace a bit more. Aberdeen closed in numbers last night leaving players punting the ball up the park or passing it back only for it to be punted up anyway. We looked very amateur under pressure.

LustForLeith
10-11-2018, 12:04 PM
...and McGinn...and Dylan...

greenpaper55
10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
And a target man, not to have that option is a scandal, Lennon had Hartson and Sutton at Celtic so why not with us ?

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
100%. He would be head and shoulders our best player.

H18 SFR
10-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I'm now firmly of a mind that we simply need a tried and tested 4-4-2.

We've got full backs. We've got a decent pairing of centre halfs in several combinations. We've got decent combinations of centre midfielders. We've got decent wider options who can play in a 4-4-2. We've got a tried and tested two up top in Kamberi and MacLaren.

We need a 4-4-2 and of course scotty Allan can slip right into that formation.

KeithTheHibby
10-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Someone with his creativity is a must. We are looking very ordinary at the moment and last night we created very little.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2018, 01:16 PM

As it was the defence wasn't our problem last night, apart from Rayan Porteous mistake how often was Bogdan forced to save a shot or a header? … they coped with Aberdeen pretty well.

We certainly missed and are missing the creativity the likes of Scott Allan can provide though that's becoming patently obvious.

Here’s Lucy!
10-11-2018, 01:53 PM
100%. He would be head and shoulders our best player.

:greengrin

Keith_M
10-11-2018, 02:42 PM
And a target man, not to have that option is a scandal, Lennon had Hartson and Sutton at Celtic so why not with us ?

Because Hartson and Sutton are past it?

:dunno:

BarneyHibby
10-11-2018, 04:24 PM
We lack creativity in our midfield. Scotty Allan has to be our priority in january transfer window. We desperately need him back.

Jim44
10-11-2018, 09:58 PM
It would be great to see him back but I fear we should be prepared for a disappointment,

Col2
10-11-2018, 10:01 PM
I think we will try everything to get him back. I would be surprised if we don’t get him.

lord bunberry
10-11-2018, 10:08 PM
We needed him in August when we got millions for our star midfielder. I’ve still not heard a proper explanation as to why we didn’t sign him. The cat23 seemed to have an opinion on it, but he’s not here anymore.

tonyrougier123
10-11-2018, 10:15 PM
If our best formation and players arny available we are bang ordinary,thats no good enuf.midfield isny what it shud be.and allan is one of maybe 4 midfield types we need right now,balance is off in the sqaud.I think we need another january rescue mission or the season could be a dull afair for us.

angus hibby
10-11-2018, 10:38 PM
I'm now firmly of a mind that we simply need a tried and tested 4-4-2.

We've got full backs. We've got a decent pairing of centre halfs in several combinations. We've got decent combinations of centre midfielders. We've got decent wider options who can play in a 4-4-2. We've got a tried and tested two up top in Kamberi and MacLaren.

We need a 4-4-2 and of course scotty Allan can slip right into that formation.

Only if it’s a diamond.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Scott Allan really doesn't fit into a 4-4-2.

danhibees1875
10-11-2018, 10:53 PM
We needed him in August when we got millions for our star midfielder. I’ve still not heard a proper explanation as to why we didn’t sign him. The cat23 seemed to have an opinion on it, but he’s not here anymore.

He wasn't prioritised ahead of others, we signed hyndman instead, and our relationship with Celtic got a bit frosty after the McGinn dealings.

That was basically the answer given at the AGM by Lennon.

calumhibee1
10-11-2018, 11:04 PM

Neither does the majority of our midfield but we signed all them.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Neither does the majority of our midfield but we signed all them.

Probably because we don't play 4-4-2? Why would we sign players to fit that formation?

angus hibby
10-11-2018, 11:10 PM

Agree he’s better in a midfield three, but could possibly play at tip of a diamond of a midfield 4.

Jim44
10-11-2018, 11:47 PM
I think we will try everything to get him back. I would be surprised if we don’t get him.

I hope you’re right, as I think he is a great player, but I honestly think his football career to date is an enigma. We know that we need him and that, for footballing reasons, he needs us, but I think his priority now will always be money driven and, if he stays in Scotland, he will probably end up at Ibrox.

The 90+2
10-11-2018, 11:54 PM
I hope you’re right, as I think he is a great player, but I honestly think his football career to date is an enigma. We know that we need him and that, for footballing reasons, he needs us, but I think his priority now will always be money driven and, if he stays in Scotland, he will probably end up at Ibrox.

I completely disagree. I was amazed at his attitude when he came back on loan and I might be naive but I think he would put coming back to us more than money for at least a year to get his career back on track. I hope we bid for him in January and hope Celtic aren’t petty about it.

Lancs Harp
11-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Sometimes a player and a Club just fit each other. Scotty is 26 years old and is talented. Hes played less than 130 league games, sign on the dotted line Scotty you know it makes sense, dont waste your talent come to where you shine and are appreciated.:wink:

tonyrougier123
11-11-2018, 12:03 AM
I might be wrong but I think if the interest is there from us and we genuinely go for him he will be a hibby.he should have been in august tho imo.he aknowledged he needed roots and games and also that he loves hibs.I get that he stayed at celtic until now,but he needs to act on any interest from hibs now like kamberi and macca did.

Pete
11-11-2018, 12:18 AM
There’s a Scotty sized hole in our midfield right now. I thought that was the link we were needing in the recent hard games we’ve had.

DH1875
11-11-2018, 12:44 AM
I agree. We are 100% missing Scott Alan.

calumhibee1
11-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Probably because we don't play 4-4-2? Why would we sign players to fit that formation?

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were replying to an earlier post, thought you were just stating he didn’t fit into one :greengrin

Jack Hackett
11-11-2018, 02:53 PM
The 2nd half of last season came together when Flo, Jamie and Scott came together. I'm personally desperate to see them together again in January

number9dream
12-11-2018, 10:04 AM
I'm sure Scott Allan is training diligently with Celtic and looking after himself but when did he last play a game? An early pre-season friendly?
He's not involved at reserve level so he'll be well short of match fitness if he were to arrange a January move.

Like many others, I thought we'd be chapping Celtic's door with an offer on the first day of the summer transfer window.
Like many others, I think our team would be better with him in it.

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm sure Scott Allan is training diligently with Celtic and looking after himself but when did he last play a game? An early pre-season friendly?
He's not involved at reserve level so he'll be well short of match fitness if he were to arrange a January move.

Like many others, I thought we'd be chapping Celtic's door with an offer on the first day of the summer transfer window.

Scott Allan is one of the best players in the league on last seasons form, we'd be a much better team with him in it. Question would be whether he can replicate that without SJM and DMc behind him.

The 90+2
12-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Scott Allan is one of the best players in the league on last seasons form, we'd be a much better team with him in it. Question would be whether he can replicate that without SJM and DMc behind him.

He did without McGinn and in large parts Mcgeough first time around 👍

calumhibee1
12-11-2018, 05:00 PM
He did without McGinn and in large parts Mcgeough first time around 👍

That’s true. Although I thought he was even better last year than his first spell. Fingers crossed hes back in Jan.

The 90+2
12-11-2018, 05:03 PM
That’s true. Although I thought he was even better last year than his first spell. Fingers crossed hes back in Jan.

Toes too :)

Although you could imagine the Celtic board, having had all the stick for not signing McGinn going “well well well....”

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 05:15 PM

Pretty sure we would have been.

houstonhibbee
12-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Its like man city without David Silva...………..

majorhibs
12-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Some total slavers, eh? Scott Allan in Hibs midfield before = performances & results, proven! Slavers reckon they know better? Gies peace.

Hi Heid Yin
13-11-2018, 01:20 AM
It would be great to see him back but I fear we should be prepared for a disappointment,

That's my gut feeling too.
There will be a host of clubs lining up to sign him.
Of course, I'd be over the moon if we got him.

BILLYHIBS
13-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Maybes aye maybes naw!

My heart says aye

My head says that ship has sailed

:bye:

The Harp Awakes
13-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Would be amazed if Hibs weren't trying to do a deal to tie him up in January. At the very least he should be signed on a pre-contract for next season.

It looks like Hibs screwed up in not signing Scotty pre-season. Lennon always said that any deal for him would be to the end of the transfer window. One explanation for that may be Hibs didn't want Scotty as part of the McGinn deal as they wanted cash. Clearly that didn't work out as Celtic then took the hump with us when they didn't get McGinn and we lost out on a player we badly needed.

jacomo
13-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Would be amazed if Hibs weren't trying to do a deal to tie him up in January. At the very least he should be signed on a pre-contract for next season.

It looks like Hibs screwed up in not signing Scotty pre-season. Lennon always said that any deal for him would be to the end of the transfer window. One explanation for that may be Hibs didn't want Scotty as part of the McGinn deal as they wanted cash. Clearly that didn't work out as Celtic then took the hump with us when they didn't get McGinn and we lost out on a player we badly needed.

Why do you say Hibs screwed up?

If Celtc wouldn’t do a good deal with us then what can you do but walk away?

oldbutdim
13-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Neil Lennon suggested at the AGM that he never thought the Allan deal was going to conclude although he didn’t specify why.
If he doesn’t sound hopeful then neither am I.

Jim44
13-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Does anyone, with some knowledge of Celtic matches at various levels, know what Scott Allan, whose name seems to have been obliterated from their squads, has actually been doing footballwise for the last five months?

superfurryhibby
13-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Some total slavers, eh? Scott Allan in Hibs midfield before = performances & results, proven! Slavers reckon they know better? Gies peace.

Loving the randomness of this.

No one out of fifty odd posts has actually said he’s not good enough. One person commented that he ‘s not ( match) fit enough to improve the team- indirectly referring to the anti-MacLaren comments, and one poster said he wouldn’t fit into a 442 formation, again an indirect reference to a debate about the merits of various formations on another thread ( albeit a fairly reasonable observation).

Fwiw, I would like to see Allan back, even if it does mean juggling formation to accomodate him. Sadly
that ship sailed at the last transfer window. I doubt that he ‘ll be back here in January.

Lago
13-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Maybes aye maybes naw!

My heart says aye

My head says that ship has sailed

:bye:
Agree, missed our chance in the summer for whatever reason.

DarlingtonHibee
13-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Neil Lennon suggested at the AGM that he never thought the Allan deal was going to conclude although he didn’t specify why.
If he doesn’t sound hopeful then neither am I.

He said at the agm that things were difficult with celtic after sjm deal fell through.

oldbutdim
13-11-2018, 10:29 AM
He said at the agm that things were difficult with celtic after sjm deal fell through.

He did.

It implied (to me at least) that Hibs hadn't 'pulled the deal' as has been suggested.
I'd be delighted to see Scott Allan back at Hibs, and it's not an impossible scenario.

But it's unlikely I'd say.

Stonewall
13-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Oh come on. Are you seriously arguing that we should have rolled over and let Celtic screw us over so we could get Allan.

Anyway in the end McGinn could have gone to Celtic but chose Villa instead. Celtic were the ones who prolonged negotiations trying to minimise their outgoings on the deal. I think they would still have done this if Allan had been part of the deal.

i’m sure they are annoyed with us but really it says more about them than us. Always the victim.

MacGruber
13-11-2018, 02:33 PM
How anyone at Celtic from the fans to the boardroom can blame anyone but themselves for missing out on McGinn is staggering. Always the victims indeed.

They had/have plenty cash - just sold Armstrong for 7 odd million to boot. All they had to do was pay the very reasonable bargain asking price. They wanted to buy, Hibs wanted to sell, the player wanted to go, they had the money. How can you ****** that scenario up...

SirDavidsNapper
13-11-2018, 02:45 PM
How anyone at Celtic from the fans to the boardroom can blame anyone but themselves for missing out on McGinn is staggering. Always the victims indeed.

They had/have plenty cash - just sold Armstrong for 7 odd million to boot. All they had to do was pay the very reasonable bargain asking price. They wanted to buy, Hibs wanted to sell, the player wanted to go, they had the money. How can you ****** that scenario up...

The one i hear from them now is "he wouldn't have got a game anyway". McGinn would have lit up Parkhead better than their tacky disco lights. They know it as well.

The Harp Awakes
13-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Oh come on. Are you seriously arguing that we should have rolled over and let Celtic screw us over so we could get Allan.

Anyway in the end McGinn could have gone to Celtic but chose Villa instead. Celtic were the ones who prolonged negotiations trying to minimise their outgoings on the deal. I think they would still have done this if Allan had been part of the deal.

i’m sure they are annoyed with us but really it says more about them than us. Always the victim.

Of course we shouldn't have rolled over. The point I'm making is that Scott Allan should have been a priority signing for us in the close season. We can all speculate on why it didn't happen, but from the quotes I've read from Lennon ('one for the end of the transfer window', etc), it looks like Hibs didn't see Allan as a top priority, which I can't understand. If we knew we were losing 2 top players in McGinn and McGeouch we should have been breaking down walls to get Scott in. Maybe we did that and failed, but it doesn't sound like it.

Based on performances so far from Hibs this season, it looks to me that we are badly missing Scott's creativity in midfield.

Jack Hackett
13-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Of course we shouldn't have rolled over. The point I'm making is that Scott Allan should have been a priority signing for us in the close season. We can all speculate on why it didn't happen, but from the quotes I've read from Lennon ('one for the end of the transfer window', etc), it looks like Hibs didn't see Allan as a top priority, which I can't understand. If we knew we were losing 2 top players in McGinn and McGeouch we should have been breaking down walls to get Scott in. Maybe we did that and failed, but it doesn't sound like it.

Based on performances so far from Hibs this season, it looks to me that we are badly missing Scott's creativity in midfield.

Scott Allan was a priority signing for us. Everyone involved in Scottish football knew we wanted him, and that he wanted to come. However, his return was always going to be tied to the McGinn transfer. Celtc have a hell of a lot more money than us, and can afford to hold onto him out of sheer spite. How thick are these walls we should have been breaking down? If they don't want to sell, there's not a lot you can do about it. We are not actually in a position to make them an offer they can't refuse

Gmack7
13-11-2018, 06:17 PM
sign him on a pre contract in early January and hell sign towards the end of the transfer window

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Scott Allan was a priority signing for us. Everyone involved in Scottish football knew we wanted him, and that he wanted to come. However, his return was always going to be tied to the McGinn transfer. Celtc have a hell of a lot more money than us, and can afford to hold onto him out of sheer spite. How thick are these walls we should have been breaking down? If they don't want to sell, there's not a lot you can do about it. We are not actually in a position to make them an offer they can't refuseDid he want to come? I don't think he's really that fussed, seems quite happy earning his Celtic wages.

BILLYHIBS
13-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Did he want to come? I don't think he's really that fussed, seems quite happy earning his Celtic wages.
We will find out in January

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2018, 06:30 PM
We will find out in JanuaryVery true actually, we will.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2018, 07:24 AM
I'm surprised we don't know why the Scott Allan fiasco fell through, as we were told it would probably come out in the papers? :faf: